Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Weak Defense

OS
    iOS
    Going weak this week. Hope everyone hits their tier.
    Last edited by Stormseye; 04-15-2018 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Grammer

OS
    iOS
    Same here. Feel free to murder my helpless, inept Eddie

I set my weak defense for all of the Arena events as well. It really makes a difference with helping everyone achieve their target goal. Here's an idea that would benefit new and old players in these arena events. Don't make the achievement 10, 75, 150 "Wins" Make it "Battles" so you get credit whether you win or lose. I seem to recall an arena event that was setup that way a while back and then the next event it turned into "Wins" and this really puts a disadvantage to newer players not being able to get the rewards that only the top players can achieve. Let's face it... if the event was set to "Battles played" then people would be more encouraged to spend ironite on SoW refills when they know they'll get 10 more points closer to their goal. Just a thought...
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    Good point Sydney. If it was set up that way, I'd run an actual defense on pvp events. As it is, I'm not going to be one of those db's that set up something that is impossible for newer players to beat. That's the kind of thing that makes new players frustrated so that they rage quit.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeb99 View Post
    Good point Sydney. If it was set up that way, I'd run an actual defense on pvp events. As it is, I'm not going to be one of those db's that set up something that is impossible for newer players to beat. That's the kind of thing that makes new players frustrated so that they rage quit.
    Exactly... as it is right now, if I want to spend the ironite on SoT to reach a goal... I will... but I usually don't. I pick the level I want to go and then stay there. For this latest event I capped it at 150... I'll still hit Duelist I in the process so I'm happy with that. I really don't have a desire to spend the time in the game to compete for top 10.

Giving end gamers and newcomers a chance at the same rewards seems like fair play. I've been playing since day one... but think everyone needs a shot at the "Rare" rewards

If it were "Arena Battles" I might have gone for the 300 -500 range. Just not willing to put in that much time this week. Gotta give attention to the job that actually pays me money...
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    So.. I'm about 12 days into the game. Playing mostly against weak defense people, I got duelist 2 last week, and I win ~95% of matches doing weak defense. Basically everyone I see on the attack page is running four level 100 characters, and lower rating than I have.

I don't understand why everyone (that isn't going for top 250) doesn't do weak defense? It appears to be optimal from my limited observations?

Is there something I'm missing about the system? Do you gain coins for winning on defense?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Definitely Not Eddie View Post
    I don't understand why everyone (that isn't going for top 250) doesn't do weak defense? It appears to be optimal from my limited observations?

Is there something I'm missing about the system? Do you gain coins for winning on defense?
    You don't. The only thing you get is that you're less likely to lose so that you probably won't drop in rank so much. But that doesn't make any difference anyway - like you have noticed - if you're not going for the top 250, there is no reason for serious defense. The arena has become a hell lately with those primordial talis. Climbing up to the top 250 requires a lot of effort and the difference in rewards between Duelist I and Warlord III is almost nonexistent. The arena's reward system is flawed in its current state. There's a huge gap between these two ranks and nothing in between. Until something's done about it, I'm running a weak defense as well. Warlord III rank is just not worth the effort.

OS
    iOS
    Yeah this by far is the worst event I ever played I wont even make it to 110 wins I don't get it. its not like your getting paid to be an arena champion. My def always stays a single eddie event or not.
    kmadd69-5636 is my trooper name I rotate maxed out eddies constantly

OS
    Android
    I have my defence set to one Eddie, but not many are taking advantage of it. Also, I find after attacking teams I can't revenge. I'm 50 away from the 250 goal, but I fear between the errors and full powered teams I won't make the goal. If anyone can find me and beat me down. I'm only getting top tear teams.

I was able to complete the goal, but not many weak defence teams to fight. Still I was only able to battle once, because after the win the other team would start and there would be no revenge available. I found it was impossible to get under 2100.
    Last edited by HuckFinn150; 07-14-2018 at 02:36 PM.

OS
    iOS
    So there are almost no more weak defenses in today, what I really don’t understand (except for Top 100 players). Duelist 1 rankings are up to 3.6k points. If you are between 2.1k and let’s say 3.3k points, what is the reason for switching to normal defense? You won’t go down to Duelist 2 and you will never reach Warlord 3 (what isn’t even worth the effort imo). Maybe think about this and, also on the last day, help each other out \m/
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀