Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    so another word for "skilled,sorcery,mystical or onslaught" would be sell? yes i did power 6 onslaught boost talismans and equip to gunner powerpuff chick and BOOM lowest crap damage ever, and after sahrding her and powering her did a rage-inspired vortex, then finding out later she is actually good and i set up wrong. OK I am new compared to most and can blame only a few months into the game and not understanding but they should not have useless junk out there in the arena for rewards, what a non-incentive for stretch goals. extra crap that will never be powered or used

OS
    iOS
    Note that some of the more defensive talismans do actually help some characters. It all depended on WHAT scales their damage. For example Onslaught talismans are good for characters where DEF boosts damage.

Admittedly these types of characters are not prolific in the game though.

I do think it's a complete shame that when there's an event.. you get the defensive talismans, not the actual boosting talismans. Then later, the better class talismans are generally only offered as a sale item (like 800 iron coins or for actual $).
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
    Yes, I know, it won't happen. Unfortunatelly.

OT: I didn't like this kind of Arena events since the beginning. Way too many matches to be played = too much time wasted with the game. Still, I've played as much as I could, although I never got anything good out of the reward souls --> now I've got a complete uselless 10th Sentinel Golden Son out of the Legendary Sentinel Soul........

Also, this current event is really annoying; since the introduction of the Relics, once you enter in top 100, you're gonna be eaten by the big sharks and waste the SoW, besides the time. Not good.
    I got another bomber boy ...

I'm playing like this: refresh every 30 minutes and try to get some weaker defenses. A good night sleep and hope for a decent drop as my defense are 4 clowns. Red 4 winged bitch with echo really pisses me off as she always gets. 2nf turn and most of the times 3. Since golden buffs can be taken or erased you get destroyed if you go 2nd.

I started a match and went to get something to drink. I came back and had my Visions standing there on its own with a very short red health bar. OK, sometimes you loose but I would like to have a chance at least... But getting hit twice by 30000+ points ... Hmmm

So please bash the shit out of my clowns and drop me a few hundred spots because fighting the teams with insane AI defense bonus plus stacked with relics is just a waste of resources.
    Last edited by hold; 04-16-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I would say it depends on your strategy! But for farming I agree most of these Talis are not the best choice.
    For PVP it is different. I will not go into details, but some remarks:

- for some toons damage scales with DEF or MR
    - not all toons are designed to do a lot of damage
    - some toons really need some DEF and MR to survive
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Note that some of the more defensive talismans do actually help some characters. It all depended on WHAT scales their damage. For example Onslaught talismans are good for characters where DEF boosts damage.

Admittedly these types of characters are not prolific in the game though.

I do think it's a complete shame that when there's an event.. you get the defensive talismans, not the actual boosting talismans. Then later, the better class talismans are generally only offered as a sale item (like 800 iron coins or for actual $).
    I remember testing a couple of characters with Def/Mr scaling damages over a year ago and i came to a conclusion that thay all profited more from their offensive stat.
    Feel free to PM me a setup i’ve missed (i promise i won’t tell anyone).

Let’s take Onslaught as an example...

Having a gunner equipped with 6 onslaught talismans: you lose 1572 of Str/Mag (dealing practically no damage) and gain 786 to def/mr. But let’s not forget that you also lose 7254 HP.

What about true damage? it ignores your def/mr. so...wouldn’t you rather have some more HP to withstand a couple more hits?

And why would you need to last longer with high Def/Mr when you do no damage and all your other toons are long dead? you’re just wasting your opponents time...
    You gotta kill them before they kill you!

OS
    Android
    More health and atk/mgk is my go to. You can always reduce damage with Shields and passives so Def/MR are pretty ineffective. Especially since true damage exists
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    152 wins no reward for the tier..thanks APM error..

OS
    iOS
    Well, I'd never suggest using all Onslaught on ANY toon. They are support talismans.. so 2 Bulwark then 1 Onslaught.. or 2 Will and 1 Onslaught. Bt yeah, I tend to stick to Bulwark and Will for PvP toons. But when farming levels. they can come in handy when you know how charters are going to hit and there's no real threat of anyone dying.

I'm not arguing Merely stating they aren't worthless.

And it is a cheap move that NF always makes those the types available with a direct pay to play purchase.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    I remember testing a couple of characters with Def/Mr scaling damages over a year ago and i came to a conclusion that thay all profited more from their offensive stat.
    Feel free to PM me a setup i’ve missed (i promise i won’t tell anyone).

Let’s take Onslaught as an example...

Having a gunner equipped with 6 onslaught talismans: you lose 1572 of Str/Mag (dealing practically no damage) and gain 786 to def/mr. But let’s not forget that you also lose 7254 HP.

What about true damage? it ignores your def/mr. so...wouldn’t you rather have some more HP to withstand a couple more hits?

And why would you need to last longer with high Def/Mr when you do no damage and all your other toons are long dead? you’re just wasting your opponents time...
    You gotta kill them before they kill you!
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I won't tell my secret strategy
    It is not that special, but I am really happy with it and it fits nicely to my needs. What are my needs? Well I cannot play as much PVP as many of the other players. So I need to assure a high win %, and it works. I normally have >95% wins. Usually on saturday I can only play 10-15 matches due to life. So I try to be in top 100 and I am ok to drop to top 250. I can do this with 130-140 matches normally. That's why I don't like the arena events very much. I "have" to double my input. When I have time on saturdays I get into top 50 (with ~20 matches more) or even top 25, but relics made things much more difficult and longer! I have not tried for top 25 since relics came out. Longer? That is because I do not go for a team with all put into offense stats and hope to get the coin toss. Also a blocker doesn't suit me, as all beneficials are stolen so easily with the current meta. I always plan to lose the toss and try to make sure that I can recover afterwards and take control of the battle. Balance is very important in my strategy. I only have 2 Eddies for PVP, but thats fine. I could shard many many more, but I just don't have the time to try around and make new match plans. Especially as you have to be able to react to certain shifts in the meta due to character tuning.

I also do not specifically go for toons that have this DEF/MR scaling for damage. And I am also sure that it is not more efficient than boosting ATK/MAG directly. Rather they add up together or multiply!? I don't know and don't have the time to test. I would never recommend 6*Onslaught. Apart from that I have not a single toon equipped with only one color of Talis for PVP. But I have one toon with 3*Onslaught and 2*Mystical and I am quite happy with it. It is not ment to do damage but to support. I don't buy talisman sets for cash, so I try to make the best use out of what I have. Also: 3*Onslaught don't help in regard of damage, but the other talis should do that. If your 3 Onslaughts are Chance talis, this gives a good balance in my opinion. In general I really use Mystical very often. Because I think if you compare 100 DEF or MR to 100 ATK or MAG, the defence stats are more beneficial for sure. Also I think it is stupid that you can only have ATK+DEF or MAG+MR together with the other sub-types. Moreover, apart from some few guardian sets I do not use shields at all, I need my Talis for other purposes! Of course, true damage is another thing. Boosting HP is done by green and yellow Talis but also by relics of course. But in the current meta, not too many toons with true damage are around, or? Rather "random" damage, so I can live with that. Moreover I like toons that scale with stats of the enemy! That is very cool in my opinion and gives you many more options and strategies.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Is anyone else finding the game plagued with bugs this event, or is it just me that's the designated bug-bitch this time? Seriously, I'm getting crashes every other turn, and it's already cost me my Tier 3 rewards! Even more fun than that: I filed a ticket with support, and they answered, but when I checked my account, I still didn't have the talis in my inventory, nor the Sentinel Legendary (that is surely destined to drop me another AoS anyway) in my Book of Souls! I can't say I'm entirely thrilled, at the moment...
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    It's been buggy for me, too. I've gotten my rewards (allied bomber boy for the umpteenth time from the legendary soul), but a lot of crashes happening.