Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Night City? When?

Been playing this game since July 2016, and night city still hasn’t dropped.
    What’s the deal here? I’m sure I’m not the only one tired of waiting. Especially when it was supposed to come out in 2017.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Been playing this game since July 2016, and night city still hasn’t dropped.
    What’s the deal here? I’m sure I’m not the only one tired of waiting. Especially when it was supposed to come out in 2017.
    Soon™

Jokes aside I'm sure they're working on it and it'll probably be out before Summer. Once they do a "State of the Nation 2018" type post, I'm sure it'll be talked about.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Over a year and a half??? I had no idea it's been that long (only playing since Sept 2017)

Okay.. I really doubt they are "working on it" at all.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Soon™

Jokes aside I'm sure they're working on it and it'll probably be out before Summer. Once they do a "State of the Nation 2018" type post, I'm sure it'll be talked about.
    Man I hope it’s released before that. We have all been waiting forever it seems.
    Username: Ransom-8323

OS
    Android
    So I don't know how app companies work, but would it be inconvenient to hire more people to work on the game? I don't know how much money they make but I feel like if they had more people, things could get done faster. Course I don't even know how many people they have right now.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    I'd speculate that in 18 months+ even just 1 developer and 1 designer could finish it. Yes, it would take some time.. but a year and a half????
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I'd speculate that in 18 months+ even just 1 developer and 1 designer could finish it. Yes, it would take some time.. but a year and a half????
    It said “coming soon” for at least 8-9 months. I think people were joking about it so much back then, they changed it to say, “coming in a future update”.

This is why I have no hope for more story levels after night city. If it takes another 1.5-2yrs, I highly doubt I’ll still be playing the game by then.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    the problem is they outsource most things to ukraine or india, i'm pretty sure about it. and there were far more important issues, since the game has so much other problems. but it's very sad that there was no new story worls for 1,5 years now.

despite this, the game is soooo much better today than 1,5 years ago, we shouldn't forget this. there were really big improvements in 2017.
    without arena, sacrifice, fragments and events the game would be completly dead now.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    the problem is they outsource most things to ukraine or india, i'm pretty sure about it. and there were far more important issues, since the game has so much other problems. but it's very sad that there was no new story worls for 1,5 years now.

despite this, the game is soooo much better today than 1,5 years ago, we shouldn't forget this. there were really big improvements in 2017.
    without arena, sacrifice, fragments and events the game would be completly dead now.
    I agree with that, in the beginning the game had nothing more to offer besides playing the worlds to get trooper badges, now with all the events at least there is something to do. I hope that Night City arrives this year and the silent planet because the wait has become eternal.
    The Mofo Cult (died31-6484).

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    So I don't know how app companies work, but would it be inconvenient to hire more people to work on the game? I don't know how much money they make but I feel like if they had more people, things could get done faster. Course I don't even know how many people they have right now.
    Just wanted to chime in here knowing a bit about app dev.

First, good app devs run from about $75-125/hour. This makes it very difficult to justify bringing on new ones when you look at your profit margins.

Second, you spend a significant amount of time onboarding the new dev. Onboarding includes getting a new dev up to speed on the code, letting them know which branches are currently being worked on (a branch is a subset of code/project being worked on which then gets merged back into the main code base, and then requires QA testing to try and see if it messed anything else up). And then there's the fact that a game like this runs on a central database (think backbone of an app housing all the data) that likely needs changes and additions and that has to be done by someone else that has enough knowledge of the core so not to screw it all up. And when all is said and done, each extra dev contributes approx 50% of what you expect when cross-working with others. You'd think 1 more dev = 100% more dev work, but no. Since everyone's code has to work together and be built on one system, while events and other content are getting released in the interim, it makes it very difficult to be as productive as you would be pulling a one-man show.

Lastly, from a business model, this game is freemium... BUT, it doesn't use Ads. I'm sure we all like that it doesn't, but it's leaving a HUGE chunk of income on the table. And without that income, they're relying on funding a team based on... ironite refills? The goal here is to break even (let alone profit), and adding more team with the current income probably makes that impossible.

With this in mind, and considering how the game is structured to get players to log in daily and play for hours, maybe putting an Ad system in place is a good idea. With such a specialized base here (iron maiden fans) I would think selling ads to bands that want to promote their new albums/singles would be a no-brainer. And with access to facebook you can profile what users have in common and sell those ads. And obviously, other mobile games would buy ads as well. I'm not suggesting that it is done where it ruins the game, but if the trade off for new worlds every couple months is that we have Ads, how does that sound to you all?
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.