PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted, Time For A Rant!

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-21-2016, 08:27 PM
OK, I've been good and pissed for a while. If you love The Game and think it's the greatest thing ever, stop reading now because this is just going to irritate you. If you're like me and have spent hours and a lot of money playing and are still asking yourself why, then read on and do feel free to join in.

I'm Ravenika-0198 and I'm level 45. I'm a lady gamer and Maiden fan who's been playing pretty much since the game was released. I have 11, yes 11 level 80 4*star characters and one level 72 4* character. NO 5* TOONS. I play nearly every day and am obsessive about making sure that any Trooper that rents my HAND REARED FROM 3* Boom Chicken (Corrupt Owl Cultist, FIRST anything but a 2* I received, and yes, I played a Druid in WoW by my same name) gets a rent back (that includes little squirt Eddies who ride Rumble Seat!). I've spent over $500 trying to better my toons and better my Trooper so those that rent him get benefit, even if he wears tissue paper armour. Well, dried leaves really but I digress.

I got sick of having my ass handed to me on the routine. I stayed the course, worked hard, built up my talismans. I've purchased RIDICULOUS amounts of Ironite (Pharaoh's Treasure? FOUR, at least) to finance revives.

Did research, learned about the Allied Mage Soldier and his Reflect Shield. Dumped Ironite into Rare Mega Packs until I got one. Meanwhile, can we just frown at how many dupes and vendor trash drop out of those things? Worked like hell to level one up, and in doing so, got a 4* Wickerman upon finishing Underworld HARD. Pretty cool, only my second non-Eddie 4* anything, first was BORKED FOREVER Pharaoh Dog, only recently fixed.

Took on Underworld Madness. Believe the hype, people, Allied Mage Soldier + Damage + Damage (preferably with some form of healing) = get through the thing. Caveat -sometimes reflect kills everydamnbody and the game sort of freezes, and you get to START OVER. While I don't have all my yellow balls up, THE THING IS DONE.

So, I am ECSTATIC, maybe I'll get a 5*, FINALLY!!!

Second. 4*. Wickerman.

Really? REALLY???

Let's talk Time Rift. WHAT IDIOT planned this out? Who in all that is Metal Goodness said, "Hey, let's use the SAME MOBS for ALL CLASSES, just tweak the trash mobs and the game mechanics a little bit, BUT MAKE THE PLAYERS LOOK AT THE SAME STUPID NPCS 10 TIMES, RINSE AND REPEAT??? Oh, and let's not leave out the WTF INSANE JUMP from VII 45 4* mobs to VIII 60 5*??? AND 6-8 Sands per Rift... OH LOOK, buying Ironite again to refill your Sands if you want to do any Dungeons... HA!

Many 5* Troopers have dropped my Boom Chicken because let's face it, people now need an arsenal of well-talied 5*s to breeze through Rifts VIII-X. NONE of my toons are helpful to folks with 5* toons and can rent more, not even my Wickerman. I don't blame them, I need them too.

I'm so grateful to my little group of BIG KID Troopers that rent me regularly: Cdz-9572 (BEST Nomad, EVER), Chris-2293, Azdekth-1901, Julian-8919, Joaquin-5746, Diego-9472, DrFeinstone-3842, Balkof-6101 - you are THE BEST!!!

Please, please don't grief rant by telling me, "It's a free game" or "Don't play if you think it sucks". We all know there is nothing free about this game if you want to get ANYWHERE. All (most) of us are here because we love Iron Maiden and wanted to support their game.

The sad truth is, whoever is at the game development helm is doing a really, really piss poor job. Frequent inconsistencies, copious bugs that take too long to fix, borked and repetitive game mechanics, hype for unhype-worthy new content, RIDICULOUS prices for upgrade items ($50 for a Skill Shard? Yeah, who paid that price? Not me, thanks!)... can't wait to see what's next!

Thanks for listening, /rantoff.

Oh, and add me if you like, I'm apparently optimistic / a glutton for punishment.

Ravenika-0198

Dutch
08-21-2016, 08:53 PM
lol add me you're funny!

Jokes aside, I'm lvl 83 and only yesterday pulled my first 5*, it just seems like luck, I've played this gam from pretty much the start just like yourself, I'm a maiden fan and I still
Like this game but I'm with you about the hasty devs, it all seems to be trown together rather quick. The sands need fixing, either by a second currency, one currency for cosmos one for rift or lower the timer to 2 or 3 mins, it's hard to use all your troopers otherwise, although there hasn't been a day I haven't used any of my troopers. I hope you stick with the game tho and hope your luck changes for the better soon.

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Thanks, Dutch, I hope so too. I think the 2nd Wickerman was the coffin nail for me.

Dutch
08-21-2016, 09:03 PM
Thanks, Dutch, I hope so too. I think the 2nd Wickerman was the coffin nail for me.

I won't tell you how many dupe eddies I've got then :) I've had some shockers getting those rare packs only ending up with 3* massive kick in the bollocks whenever that happens, got the nomad yesterday so game saver for me, have worked hard to get a few talismans to 50 and evolved some characters to 5*, really hope you get something decent soon, the rift is good to grind for rare souls so no need to buy the packs any longer

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-21-2016, 09:11 PM
I. Love. That. NOMAD!!! His power attack is BRUTAL. Check out Cdz-9572's build, her toon does 10-12k damage on a regular attack which is I like a robe fluff to him or something. I have 4 Trooper Nomads and her's is SO massively powerful. I'll admit, I'm super jealous! I'd love him, a Corrupt General, or the Cyborg Eddie.

I'd also like no gray hair. Alas, life. ;)

Added you, thanks!

Dutch
08-21-2016, 09:22 PM
I. Love. That. NOMAD!!! His power attack is BRUTAL. Check out Cdz-9572's build, her toon does 10-12k damage on a regular attack which is I like a robe fluff to him or something. I have 4 Trooper Nomads and her's is SO massively powerful. I'll admit, I'm super jealous! I'd love him, a Corrupt General, or the Cyborg Eddie.

I'd also like no gray hair. Alas, life. ;)

Added you, thanks!

The nomad has always been my fav character so I was damn happy to get him as my first 5*, have levelled him to 100 and he's got lvl 50 talismans he's a beast. Let me know if you need me to change champion

Aristo4
08-21-2016, 09:23 PM
Got a 5* cyborg if you want, last slot.

Tom-7714

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Omg the CYYYYBBBOORRGGGGUUUHHHH HE'S SO DREAMY

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-21-2016, 09:39 PM
You're sweet, Dutch. Just played your Soldier, he lays down some hurt a-plenty. Thank you for letting me drive him!

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-21-2016, 09:41 PM
And yes, please, Tom. Sorry I fangirled a bit.

Flann
08-21-2016, 09:43 PM
I just did a weekly house cleaning and added you Raven

Dutch
08-21-2016, 09:44 PM
You're sweet, Dutch. Just played your Soldier, he lays down some hurt a-plenty. Thank you for letting me drive him!

No worries Raven, didn't know had soldier as champ, I normally have carriage rider up anyways glad he was able to help

Flann
08-21-2016, 09:58 PM
and yes, I played a Druid in WoW by my same name

Me too.
I had 3 droods. A boom tree (Flannie) and bearcat (Flannathir) and an opposite faction (Rihtannalf) .

jpmusic
08-21-2016, 10:01 PM
Wow, you're like an angrier version of my previous posts :D I agree with you completely, those of us who have been playing for almost 2 months now should receive a 5* just for loyalty :p

Jennie-5128
08-21-2016, 10:03 PM
Wow, you're like an angrier version of my previous posts :D I agree with you completely, those of us who have been playing for almost 2 months now should receive a 5* just for loyalty :p

Agreed on all points

Gonzo
08-21-2016, 10:29 PM
I guess no one played Marvel Contest of Champions.... It took me like 3 or 4 months to get a 4* there and you can't rank them there. That game had a lot more content, that's for sure.

I don't know guys, there are not many 5*s right now. I think the 5* drop rates are ok (don't hate me).

Let's be reasonable for a moment.

Right now there are at least 4 or 5 "basic" characters that are way better than 5*, and the game let's you take them to lvl 100, evo shards drop rates is another topic.
I DO AGREE that Legendary Souls should guarantee a 5* but asking for free 5* for being loyal for TWO months is just ridiculous.

I've worked as a community manager for a long time, maybe that's why I tend to see both sides of this things. This games are not developed for free, the publisher MUST make money in order to keep it alive, although I agree that some of the prices in this game are insanely high, you are still able to rank characters, and that's a supermegabig plus.

Of course we all want an Axis Comm... Corrupt guy, but it shouldn't be easy to get him, and while some people might disagree, it should be almost impossible to get him. The truth is that you don't need him to play the game, you don't even need a 5* to complete the entire game.

Anyways, I'll make some space and add you. Hope my characters can help you with the game.

I don't know, I might be wrong, It's 7:28 PM and I just woke up... YEAH!!!!!

Jennie-5128
08-21-2016, 10:46 PM
Getting up at 7pm? Rock 'n' roll, Gonzo, rock 'n' roll ;)

I don't think anyone seriously meant they should hand out 5* characters like sweeties, but it shouldn't be so bleeding impossible to get the resources to evolve characters if 5* ones are going to be so hard to find. And yeah I know, you CAN get far with a few choice characters. But it makes the game really BORING if we all have to pay with the same characters all the time.

I want to experiment. It's hard to experiment when levelling up is so work intensive and deadly dull.

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-21-2016, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the responses folks, and the offers for adds.

I did not mean to come across as a whiny b!tch, I realized that I started to make a point in my post and then didn't. That is, having 11.5 4* 80's is MADDENING. Thanks for helping me remember that point Jennie! As I toodle the Rift and SLOWLY accumulate mats, it's like, "OK, which baby gets Mama's love? Holy Smokes Eddie who's been in for the long haul, or Boom Chicken? Would my Troopers like Wickerman more? OMG I DON'T KNOW IT'S TOO MUCH STRESS WHERE IS MY TROOPER BEEEEEERRRRR!!! "

You make solid points Gonzo. I think I get a little pissy when I visit some 5* Trooper pages and see a SLEW of 3* and trash and one 5* DEMI GOD and I'm over here beating my phone screen till I bloody my fingers. Yes, they have dumb luck and THAT SUCKS.

Which makes me agree with JPMusic, I saw your other posts and cried inwardly for you. I should realize from your experience, it can always be worse.

Thanks for the add Flann, good to see the Dr00d love is alive and well!

Gonzo
08-21-2016, 11:05 PM
As Danny Glover would say... "I'm too old for this shit" Hahahahaha

We agree. I said a long time ago, "You either make it hard for people to get 5* characters or you make it hard for people to evolve the ones they already have".

Right now we beleive Time Rifts are not balanced, you need 4* to make 4* and you need 5* to make 5*. I'll try to complete todays Rift without 5*s and see if this can be done.
BUT if it can be done, that's the proof that renders all this kind of discussions obsolete.

EDIT.

Thanks for the responses folks, and the offers for adds.

I did not mean to come across as a whiny b!tch, I realized that I started to make a point in my post and then didn't. That is, having 11.5 4* 80's is MADDENING. Thanks for helping me remember that point Jennie! As I toodle the Rift and SLOWLY accumulate mats, it's like, "OK, which baby gets Mama's love? holy Smokes Eddie who's been in for the long haul, or Boom Chicken? Would my Troopers like Wickerman more? OMG I DON'T KNOW IT'S TOO MUCH STRESS WHERE IS MY TROOPER BEEEEEERRRRR!!! "

You make solid point Gonzo. I think I get a little pissy when I visit some 5* Trooper pages and see a SLEW of 3* and trash and one 5* DEMI GOD and I'm over here beating my phone screen till I bloody my fingers. Yes, they have dumb luck and THAT SUCKS.

Which makes me agree with JPMusic, I saw your other posts and cried inwardly for you. I should realize from your experience, it can always be worse.

Thanks for the add Flann, good to see the Dr00d love is alive and well!

We've all been there, and we know how frustrating it can be. We also know that if this kind of posts are created that's because we love the game and want to make it better.

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-21-2016, 11:12 PM
True enough, Gonzo. I remember when I saw the level jump from 7 to 8. I LOLLLLed so loud I scared my poor little wiener dog and then exclaimed, "Oh, now we done gone to crazy town! "

Flann
08-21-2016, 11:13 PM
What Gonzo said.

Nekroliun
08-21-2016, 11:32 PM
Right now we beleive Time Rifts are not balanced, you need 4* to make 4* and you need 5* to make 5*. I'll try to complete todays Rift without 5*s and see if this can be done.
BUT if it can be done, that's the proof that renders all this kind of discussions obsolete.

EDIT. We've all been there, and we know how frustrating it can be. We also know that if this kind of posts are created that's because we love the game and want to make it better.

Gotta say, time rifts and the legend soul are all really unbalanced, underworld madness already needs a bumch of 5*s to finish and after that u get a stupid angel of pain... But time rifts are prob beatable, magus soldier, a tank and a good dmg dealer would be good, or 2 tanks maybe and a soldier eddie for heals?

But still seen some people beat underworld madness with 4*s, everything is possible IF U BELIEVE.

Gonzo
08-21-2016, 11:55 PM
I finished Underworld Madness with 4*. I made a post a while back about that. It's not a matter of beleiving. It's a matter of TALISMANS and a solid team comp.

I farmed Dungeon VII and got some 3* evo shards, I did not count them, but I'm pretty sure I could've evolved someone with what I got. My Gunner department is seriously lacking in content.

And for the people saying "I don't use Soldier Eddie, Allied Soldier Magus is a cheesy strat, I want to finish the game with MY team comp, etc", you play the game with what you have and finish it with your best characters. If you want to finish the game with a sub par Eddie you'll have a lot of problems, you might not even be able to do it. It's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with your perception of what characters should be.
A player should not be able to finish the game with Mummy Eddie (just an example of a sub par damage Eddie) alone, because he's not a damage dealer and he was deffinetly not created to be a main Eddie.

This game gives you AMAZING characters from the start. It gives you the BEST (best as in well rounded) Eddie character for free, why wouldn't you use that? just because you like how other character looks?

Sorry, I guess that was my rant :P

Hope noone gets offended with this post. That was not the point.

Vaseodin
08-22-2016, 12:23 AM
I can add you as a trooper, Ravenika. I have some awesome assassins and a pretty badass mummy Eddie that will demolish the current perception of the character (with him you can absolutely finish the green dungeon with ease) and a pharaoh Eddie that is just insane. I'm wickedvase-5538.

As far as your rant, I completely agree. Yes, the game can be finished with cheesy 4 star characters, but if you have a character you like (in your case cyborg Eddie and nomad), you should be able to, or at least get those characters leveled so you can continue to use the character you like. What's the point of having over 80 (or whatever) different characters in the game if only 4 are useful or able to be leveled?

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 12:24 AM
Talismans, ofc a bunch of lvl 50s should do the trick. u lvled all of your talismans to lvl 50 ur filled with determination.

Tbh i dont use the soldier cuz i just aint got time to lvl him (genius), im happy with my team and how it is, nvm the fact that im stuck at underworld hard, whoever thinks that soldier eddie And the magus soldier are cheasy strats then i tottaly agree, but they're tottaly affective for clearing the game and tbh mame the games 5x easier, and if u dont wanna use them then dont.

I agree too on that, holy smoke eddie may be the starter but he is actually one of the heaviest hitters in the game, his basic deals around 10 dmg usually at max and his ability does like 12k and if stunned the target (which happens alot) u get an extra turn and the ability only costs 3 energy. Op

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 12:33 AM
There are some hidden gems, OP strats, and high synergy teams you can put together from the bargain bin for sure. Beating the game with 4 star characters has been proven, but the talisman setup becomes very unforgiving and they're hard to get. so congrats to anyone that's pulled it off.

Flann
08-22-2016, 12:45 AM
There are some hidden gems, OP strats, and high synergy teams you can put together from the bargain bin for sure. Beating the game with 4 star characters has been proven, but the talisman setup becomes very unforgiving and they're hard to get. so congrats to anyone that's pulled it off.

That is for sure. I have posted in another thread about the Warrior Pharaoh Sun Spirit. At 100 he does a decent AOE with an insane heal. My Troopers play with him daily.

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-22-2016, 12:53 AM
I am truly humbled by these messages, thank you ALL for the camaraderie. I was truly expecting the type of response that I would get by posting to a World of Warcraft Forum, a bunch of flames and being told what a newb and dumb shit I am. Then I would have reason to quit the game because I'd be pissed (yeah, no more WoW for me). Instead, I was met by a lot of mature people who share my concerns and yet for love of the band and their we game continue to play.

Gonzo, more truth. I rely heavily on Holy Smokes and RTTH Eddies, then Soldier. I also have CR, SoL, Mummy, and WM, but they get little action. HS is always my go-to.

I got a good laugh a bit ago. I took your FlyBoy into Yellow X before the roll over and was stuck in there for a good half hour. If I am "repaying rent", I will just drop my drawers and get my ass spanked repeatedly before losing a rent return on a Trooper. I was SCREAMING at my phone "I HATE YOUUUUUUUU!!!" to that bastard buff stealing, healing, perma-fury DICKHEAD! Your fury-steal saved the day!!! Thanks, Gonzo!!!

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-22-2016, 12:56 AM
OMG FLANN, you are SO RIGHT!!! You are the second Red Sun Spirit Trooper I have, you two are BRUTAL!!! Hidden gem FOR SURE! That's how I feel about my Boom Chicken, well, when he's upright. :/

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 12:56 AM
... for the people saying "I don't use Soldier Eddie, Allied Soldier Magus is a cheesy strat, I want to finish the game with MY team comp, etc", you play the game with what you have and finish it with your best characters...
* mutters and grumbles about fancy folks with their fancy soldier Eddies *

Just because YOU were sensible enough not to sell him by accident doesn't mean we all were, Gonzo :þ ;)

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 12:58 AM
Lmao. Speed of light is supposed to be the go to on that one, wickerman is a direct counter as well.
The new bad guy is up, he hits haaaaaard but seems pretty squishy.

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-22-2016, 01:01 AM
Oh no Jennie!! ! I thought I had a Nomad and sold him. Ends up they were the "other" desert folk. I am lock button crazy now!!!

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-22-2016, 01:03 AM
Saw that, Drew. Love how we wait anxiously for Red and Blue guys!!!

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 01:03 AM
I'd prob cry for a week and spend $200 trying to get a new one if I got a nomad and sold him. :/
I think he's the best character in the game.

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 01:04 AM
Oh no Jennie!! ! I thought I had a Nomad and sold him. Ends up they were the "other" desert folk. I am lock button crazy now!!!
Yeah you'll notice even my 2* characters that I want to keep are locked ;)

Vaseodin
08-22-2016, 01:04 AM

Just because YOU were sensible enough not to sell him by accident doesn't mean we all were, Gonzo :þ ;)

lol. you can have mine.

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-22-2016, 01:05 AM
Oops, Jennie, should say who's hair I speak of: Love your hair BTW, darling!!!

I even locked my wee skull crew cuz them suuuuu cyoootttt

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-22-2016, 01:07 AM
Totally agree, Drew. If built right, he KILLZ ALL THE THINGS

Gonzo
08-22-2016, 01:16 AM

I could sell mine if I wanted to.... BECAUSE I HAVE 2!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry :P

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 01:32 AM
It's possibly to go off ppl you know, Gonzo :þ

VaseOdin, it's OK, I've been pretty lucky today. From the ironite from breezing through purple dungeon I treated myself to a soul pack & got a PDK - my first ever! Just did my play through of secret levels with him & dropped another rare soul & a skill shard & some nice talismans. So I'm a bit cheerier now.

Ravenika my hair changes very regularly; any picture is almost certainly out of date. Currently royal blue :)

Gonzo
08-22-2016, 01:40 AM
Currently royal blue :)

:( You were rocking that purpleish :(

Congrats on the PDK!!!!! I got one myself yesterday. But since I've been leveling so many useless characters I actually don't have any level up shards :P

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-22-2016, 01:40 AM
Jennie - I'm too old to wear the lovely colors I see. I live vicariously through you! As an old school Goth, my hair is always near black (though with a sneaky violet cast) ;)

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 01:48 AM
You're never too old. My mum has purple streaks and she's past 70.

Gonzo don't worry, the purple will be back. It changes about monthly ;)

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 01:56 AM
PDK is solid, goes good with blue and green characters for the charge ability. Doesn't do a lot of damage when talismans are maxed. although I didn't try it, I at one point contemplated a freeze set for him, or maybe an energy set. Idk. Guard might go well here too. He's probably one of the tankiest allies in the game out of the box. I've moved onto other characters at this point and PKD will get a revisit later.

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 02:20 AM
Hey.. I dont wanna look like a noob but... Whats PDK...

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 02:22 AM
Pharaoh Dog King :)
I've got a freezing set. Might try them on him & see how he does.

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 02:25 AM
Ohhhhh... Is he good? I got some troopers with him maxed out but he doesnt seem to do that much dmg, and that charge is meh imo, since my team is all physical attack. Whats his passive? Is it that +1 energy every turn?

Edit: But i can see how he can be good, if put into a magic dmg team he would be pretty nice, maybe with CR and with the crit buff from allies general

Gonzo
08-22-2016, 02:28 AM
He heals your characters automatically based on their health

I've got to be honest, I prefer the regular dog. Wings make the PDK look cool, but Magic charge is a no no for me. I don't use any other Magic damage dealing characters.

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 02:29 AM
so roulette but with dmg? Isnt that op?

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 02:29 AM
Magic charge increases magic damage dealt by 50% I think. Works on characters that do true damage, random damage. PDK is great but I never saw him as a stand alone character, needs good team synergy, a high damage dealer like the axis commander, and maybe one of the green or blue eddies.

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 02:33 AM
Oh yea axis commander with magic charge can be brutal especially if he crits, he once did 7k dmg to an enemy using total war!

Gonzo
08-22-2016, 02:48 AM
Oh yea axis commander with magic charge can be brutal especially if he crits, he once did 7k dmg to an enemy using total war!

I only have the poor man version of the Axis Com... damn it, Corrupt General... The glorious Allied Soldier :P

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 02:51 AM
I thought u were gonna pull out the harpy files when he said 7k damage lol.
She's been absolutely knock out sick on this rift and the yellow one. She really comes into her own with my red dog healer and the blue soldier tank.

Gonzo
08-22-2016, 02:59 AM
I thought u were gonna pull out the harpy files when he said 7k damage lol.
She's been absolutely knock out sick on this rift and the yellow one. She really comes into her own with my red dog healer and the blue soldier tank.

Well... I wasn't going to, but since you said it...

Level X Dungeon

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 03:27 AM
•_• WHAT THE HELL, kill me plz, 27k is just too much for me to handle.

Life is meaningless if everyone in lotb is better than me

*jumps out of the window*

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 03:49 AM
There's a few capable of that; samurai Eddie will do that with AOE sometimes (to every enemy, I've seen him hit for 80k total on all enemies with his fury), if he's buffed with charge or attack, tail gunner, cyborg?, soldier Eddie can get close with his fury, nomad is by far the hardest consistent hitter I've seen and he heals himself 60% of that with every attack, I think there are more? Regular Eddie and RTTH Eddie come close sometimes. Kai has a whole bunch of the yellow ones.

Gonzo
08-22-2016, 04:07 AM
There's a few capable of that; samurai Eddie will do that with AOE sometimes (to every enemy, I've seen him hit for 80k total on all enemies with his fury), if he's buffed with charge or attack, tail gunner, cyborg?, soldier Eddie can get close with his fury, nomad is by far the hardest consistent hitter I've seen and he heals himself 60% of that with every attack, I think there are more? Regular Eddie and RTTH Eddie come close sometimes. Kai has a whole bunch of the yellow ones.

Yeah, EDDIE characters.

•_• WHAT THE HELL, kill me plz, 27k is just too much for me to handle.

Life is meaningless if everyone in lotb is better than me

*jumps out of the window*

LOL... Chill, bro!!!! :P

LegoMech
08-22-2016, 04:30 AM
I understand the frustration. I haven't put money in yet and am stuck on Underworld Hard. I'm just grinding and biding my time now, upgrading 3*s to 4*. I agree about the jump from Time Rift VII to VIII - it's insane. On the other hand I've scored enough Ironite from Time Rift dungeons to buy the 2 million gold package, which is financing all my upgrading.

I've been stuck about 3 times before this, and each time just focused on playing all my Trooper characters to get and give Trooper points, and was able to eventually progress each time just from doing that. This time the gap seems a bit more insurmountable, but I'm not ready to give up just yet.

Regarding rare pulls, besides the Eddies everyone gets from story mode, I pulled three Mummy Eddies. The 1st was cool to have, even though he was weak. The 2nd was disappointing. The 3rd was just frustrating. Just yesterday I pulled a Speed of Light Eddie and I was so happy it wasn't Mummy Eddie I didn't even care it was only a 3*.

The devs have hinted that there will be a use for duplicates in the future. I've been keeping and leveling my 3* duplicates just in case. Hopefully I can turn two 3* Eddies into one 4* or something. It may be wishful thinking but I'd say hold onto that 4* Wickerman just in case.

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 04:46 AM
I wish i got a nomad and not a vhold, child is nice but nomad has great dmg, vanish op and self heal, also aoe. They should add a system where u fuse like 3 5*s into another one or 3 4*s with a low chance for 5*.

When i use my my trooper's samurai they deal like 2k dmg in total...

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 05:38 AM
OK NOW THIS IS TOO MUCH, check out what i got from the 4 rare souls and rare assassin soul...

Not complaining but 3 5*s in one month?!? From souls?!? Isnt thhe drop rate supposed to be like 1%
Its like farming wow mounts all over again, had extreme luck with that, invincible dropped from the lich king on first try...

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 05:39 AM
The red characters are all about synergy, find red characters that buff each other. Samurai is epic with red child of the dammed and a healer. The big ticket with the red characters that deal physical damage is the affinity. Soldier Eddie (yellow), has no affinity penalties for damage for example. Red characters almost always have a blue character they are facing, nerfing their damage output considerably. It's just the game mechanic, if you adjust the strategy accordingly you get good results. I finished every battle with three skulls with samurai Eddie and three max talismans using my own party. Soldier Eddie is nice because he works with almost any party and has no class disadvantages with regards to attacking.
Red child is one of the best allies in the game, count yourself lucky lol. The other issue with troopers is their talisman setup, sometimes it's less than optimal, and throwing a samurai into your party just because he's five stars might not work out due to party synergy. Do some digging and work out what works best for your red child and I'm sure you'll have better results, child is crazy OP in the right hands.

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 05:40 AM
OK NOW THIS IS TOO MUCH, check out what i got from the 4 rare souls and rare assassin soul...

Not complaining but 3 5*s in one month?!? From souls?!? Isnt thhe drop rate supposed to be like 1%
Its like farming wow mounts all over again, had extreme luck with that, invincible dropped from the lich king on first try...

Congrats, IMHO it's the most powerful ally in the game :O

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 05:47 AM
I agree (damn you forum and ur 10 letters rule!)

So wait which should i use? I think child when doing missions with timing and nomad for everything, cuz child has like infinite turns

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-22-2016, 05:50 AM
OMG Nekroliun, I just had serious PTSD recalling mount farming. I lived in Strat till I got that damn Baron Rivendare Undead Horse, and all the faction grinding for the fliers...

Farmed ZG and Kara weekly, never did get the raptor, tiger, or War horse. Pity.

Oh, and Anzu. I loved that blue bird!

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 05:59 AM
My friend got the ashes second try, i farmed for the raven lord like 3 times and it dropped, and one of out guldies that was questing in vashjir (kill me) found the npc that dropped the reigns of poseidus (u kno that one mount that was worth like 1mill gold) he couldnt get it cuz he was too under lvled, we formed a group and got him the thing, he was the richest guy on the guild since then...

I was trying to get the headless horseman mount since like forever, my cousin has like every cool mount in the game, so jelly! He has the ashes, invincible, the warglaives (ik not a mount but still) headless horseman horse, love rocket, and a freaking timeless proto drake, cant list the whole list thou cuz i cant remember shit, he auit wow back in like early mist

My fav mount is the merciless netherdrake (i think thats what its called) just cuz of the looks, fav pet was ofc lil'KT i dunno about u but i dont really care about the price, its like 20$ for a pet gg best deal ever, and it doesnt even do shit

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 09:56 AM
You jammy bugger, Nekro :þ

PerthEddie
08-22-2016, 10:24 AM
Can you only get Nomad and Child of the Damned from Legendary souls? Finally managed to spend some Trooper points on a Magus souls but I might get a Warrior one as well if there is a chance of one of those dropping

Dutch
08-22-2016, 10:37 AM
yes you can pull those from rare souls and legendary souls

PerthEddie
08-22-2016, 10:40 AM
Thanks Dutch. Well just cashed in my Magus soul and only got a Wickerdog Queen. I will get a Warrior one and see what that brings :)

BillLion
08-22-2016, 02:33 PM

Congrats! What a fantastic pull!!

BillLion
08-22-2016, 02:39 PM
I guess no one played Marvel Contest of Champions.... It took me like 3 or 4 months to get a 4* there and you can't rank them there. That game had a lot more content, that's for sure.

I don't know guys, there are not many 5*s right now. I think the 5* drop rates are ok (don't hate me).

Let's be reasonable for a moment.

Right now there are at least 4 or 5 "basic" characters that are way better than 5*, and the game let's you take them to lvl 100, evo shards drop rates is another topic.
I DO AGREE that Legendary Souls should guarantee a 5* but asking for free 5* for being loyal for TWO months is just ridiculous.

I've worked as a community manager for a long time, maybe that's why I tend to see both sides of this things. This games are not developed for free, the publisher MUST make money in order to keep it alive, although I agree that some of the prices in this game are insanely high, you are still able to rank characters, and that's a supermegabig plus.

Of course we all want an Axis Comm... Corrupt guy, but it shouldn't be easy to get him, and while some people might disagree, it should be almost impossible to get him. The truth is that you don't need him to play the game, you don't even need a 5* to complete the entire game.

Anyways, I'll make some space and add you. Hope my characters can help you with the game.

I don't know, I might be wrong, It's 7:28 PM and I just woke up... YEAH!!!!!

I played COC for 8 months and then quit in October last year. As a HUGE Marvel guy I absolutely loved the game. I also loved the camaraderie of our alliance.

But I hated the grind. I love that I can play Legacy hard when I can but not feel like I have to play every 2 hours or I'll lose something.

When I quit I had 14 4* heroes which was quite a lot. But I hated that the game felt like it was consuming my life w/ too MUCH content and they had just added 5* heroes. That basically nerfed by addition all my prized heroes I had amassed and multiplied the grind if I wanted to stay competitive. Account sold, life returned.

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Ye you can get any 4-5 star char in the game from legendary souls, i think they should add them into the trooper shop, 20k trooper points, ONLY if they make them 5* only, if they stay 4-5 star then hey should be 10k

Thanks bill, but i dunno if i should be happy, i already COTD, and i can make holy smoke a 4* whenever i want, i already got good warriors, i wish it was an eddie... Well rainmaker gotta wait another 2 weeks...

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Hardcore CoC war clan player here. Played in some of the best clans in the game (if anyone knows who OneHive is, we beat the tar out of them a couple times), I play royale too but it's very casual, not nearly as social, and not competition focused.

Invictus Prime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CjZGaJfZFU&feature=share

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Used to play CoC for a while, quit after grind

BillLion
08-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Hardcore CoC war clan player here. Played in some of the best clans in the game (if anyone knows who OneHive is, we beat the tar out of them a couple times), I play royale too but it's very casual, not nearly as social, and not competition focused.

Invictus Prime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CjZGaJfZFU&feature=share

Cool! I meant the other COC -Contest of Champions. But I played Clash of Clans the previous year, and loved the game. Didn't get to the level you did!

Edit: Corrected autocorrect

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 03:05 PM
I used to play contest of champions, stopped some time after getting a 4*, getting one takes so much time... My brother got his on his first day using a premium crystal...

aur0ra85
08-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Some of the high level clan wars got out of control crazy. You'd go to sleep on the 24hr prep day and wake up to a few thousand real world dollars spent by the enemy clan on defensive upgrades, then in turn you'd throw out the war plan you'd spent hours on the night before, send out line chat and text messages across the world for everyone to break out the credit card and match. That was prep day lol.
War day got even crazier, guys would spend hours planning a 3 minute attack, legit 6+hrs on planning an attack and usually the leaders would be up all night trying to get things organized. We all shared accounts too so everyone could get their attacks in regardless of real life issues. And then the results would come in, and you'd search again for a new match. Sometimes you'd match a war clan 2 or 3 nights a week.

BillLion
08-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Some of the high level clan wars got out of control crazy. You'd go to sleep on the 24hr prep day and wake up to a few thousand real world dollars spent by the enemy clan on defensive upgrades, then in turn you'd throw out the war plan you'd spent hours on the night before, send out line chat and text messages across the world for everyone to break out the credit card and match. That was prep day lol.
War day got even crazier, guys would spend hours planning a 3 minute attack, legit 6+hrs on planning an attack and usually the leaders would be up all night trying to get things organized. We all shared accounts too so everyone could get their attacks in regardless of real life issues. And then the results would come in, and you'd search again for a new match. Sometimes you'd match a war clan 2 or 3 nights a week.

Oh my goodness, that's some SERIOUS gaming!! I was in a waaaaaaayyyy more casual clan. :)

I'm actually a way more casual gamer I guess. I do one game at a time. Get semi-addicted, do it every day and spend some money. Sometimes I'll spend too much time but I usually don't overspend. If the game gets to be too much of a grindfest...I quit eventually.

Edit add: MAA2 was my game before this. I technically still have it, but they almost never add content and their communication is less than zero. So I log in and spend a few minutes max at most on this one.

Bombatomica
08-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Hi Ravenika, if you want to add me, i'm Bombatomica-0864, i will be pleased to help you with my Corrupted General and Hellhound. Personally, i think i was very lucky because i pulled the Corrupted early in the game (infact i could not use him for a long time, he was too expensive XD), but i also think that, as the game is actually, is better not to pour money in it. Even if you buy thousands of rare souls, drop rate is too low and you can end up with lots of trash and no 5* star character. Better to use trooper points and hope for the best, i played for two months and Corrupted is the only 5* i managed to obtain (oh, and i received a 4* wickerman eddie from the underworld madness legendary soul, when i already had another two... i feel you T_T).
Later, i could upgrade hellhound and soldier eddie to 5 with some luck with shards but yes, the drop rate for the rarest souls is abysmally low. I sincerely hope devs will improve drop rate in the new dungeons, and perhaps sell 5* stars-only souls, but i also think that the drop rate for those characters should remain low, otherwise at this point we all would have plenty of 5* characters and there would be no point in play anymore. Furthermore, i think talismans are more important that characters, and just a pair of good 5* talismans really can pump up even a 4* star chara and made him a beast. So, i'd say to you to take it easier and continue to play, wish you better luck, and sorry for the bad english...

Ravenika d`Veldrin
08-23-2016, 01:52 AM
Thanks, Bombatomica, I'll add you! Thanks also for the advice!!!