PDA

View Full Version : Critical Strike.....

Yup
04-04-2018, 08:11 PM
So.. it's a yellow buff now, yes?

When VHE revives and grants Critical Strike to the allies..... they are yellow buffs....

When Chance talismans are placed on a character giving it "Critical Strike chance for 3 turns", they are NOT yellow buffs....

what gives?

Is it a yellow buff or not? Is this the first identical ability with two separate buffs?

Kaz_LOTB
04-04-2018, 08:20 PM
So.. it's a yellow buff now, yes?

When VHE revives and grants Critical Strike to the allies..... they are yellow buffs....

When Chance talismans are placed on a character giving it "Critical Strike chance for 3 turns", they are NOT yellow buffs....

what gives?

Is it a yellow buff or not? Is this the first identical ability with two separate buffs?

Only the 100% Critical Strike Chance is now a golden buff. Chance Talismans grants the normal Critical Strike Chance, which is a 35% Chance to Critically Strike. Before both buffs appeared visually identical, so you couldn't even tell they were different. Now it will be clearer who has the 100% Chance version of the effect vs the normal 35% chance version.

-Kaz

Yup
04-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Thanks Kaz,

So, is there somewhere else which grants 100% crit strike other than VHE revive?

I wasn't aware there was a difference (clearly why you are changing the buffs then :) )

I bet those sienna buffs irk you all.. should be blue then :)

Kaz_LOTB
04-04-2018, 08:32 PM
Thanks Kaz,

So, is there somewhere else which grants 100% crit strike other than VHE revive?

I wasn't aware there was a difference (clearly why you are changing the buffs then :) )

Trooper Eddie, Gunner Corrupt Rescuer, Assassin Harpy, Lady Azov, Undead Axis Gunner (Assassin) and a few older units I can't recall all have the 100% Crit Chance Buff.

-Kaz

Yup
04-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Ahh Okay. Again, guess I never saw the difference. I will now :)

Thanks for explaining. Much appreciated.

Reeb99
04-04-2018, 11:02 PM
I still don't get why this change was made. Now VHE's buff is canceling out a longer crit chance buff from talismans or the green general. It just doesn't make sense. It feels like an attempt at nerfing a character that didn't need a nerf, but disguising it as a buff so people wouldn't be upset.

MrFreeze
04-04-2018, 11:12 PM
I’m fine with it being yellow, but I don’t like that it’s been knocked down to one turn for VHE. He’s hardly the biggest threat in pvp anymore. Leave the guy alone.

MoonShadow
04-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Hmm, I don't see the skill of Gunner Corrupt Rescuer which grants 100% crit?!

Blade
04-05-2018, 08:32 AM
I thank that 100% crit is one of the possible beneficial buffs the Gunner CR can give to allies

Yup
04-05-2018, 11:38 AM
I think Kaz was merely mistaken with that character, that's all.

Blade
04-05-2018, 11:45 AM
OK, gunner CR must be wrong! Should be gunner Undead Rescuer I guess with the Haul Power move, granting random beneficial effects to random allies!