PDA

View Full Version : In general, aren't sentinels the worst developed class overall?

Reeb99
04-05-2018, 08:39 PM
This is a continued discussion from the update thread. I decided to move it here because it was clogging up that thread.

In most cases, the sentinels in this game seem to be weaker damage, higher health versions of the same character of another class. The Sentinel Eddies used to be pathetic, but many have been revamped to make them useful. There's also a few sentinels released within the last year or so that aren't bad. Other than those, the class seems to be rather flawed. High health variants are of little use when they aren't blockers or good healers.

The Sentinel Allied Bomber Boy is ok, but the gunner version is still better. The Sentinel pyro is by far the least useful of the pyro group. The Sentinel Allied / undead soldiers are the laughing stock of that group. The Sentinel Harpy is ok, but it was added later on.

What I'm getting at here is that there are a lot of Sentinel characters that are in dire need of a balance pass. The old philosophy is still in place for a great many sentinels, and those are nothing but kill fodder.

Discuss.

Sag7272
04-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Nope...
Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I respect that, despite this, have to say I disagree with your statement..

Just in my rooster..
Bboy is cool
AG (awesome)
AoS is a monster in PvP
Droid had his glory days & still useful
Rescuer just been buffed
Desert guardian sharded can do 9k & heal as much
Saw many strong elves
Harpy is cool
Lilith is awesome despite lack of DMG
We'll skip that bitch of prestress lol
Val spam negative like crasy..
Oh was forgetting about SSD that ruled PvP for months..

And it's only a quick overview, true they are not all farming stuff but there's a reason why there's a lot of green atop PvP...

Reeb99
04-05-2018, 10:45 PM
Nope...
Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I respect that, despite this, have to say I disagree with your statement..

Just in my rooster..
Bboy is cool
AG (awesome)
AoS is a monster in PvP
Droid had his glory days & still useful
Rescuer just been buffed
Desert guardian sharded can do 9k & heal as much
Saw many strong elves
Harpy is cool
Lilith is awesome despite lack of DMG
We'll skip that bitch of prestress lol
Val spam negative like crasy..
Oh was forgetting about SSD that ruled PvP for months..

And it's only a quick overview, true they are not all farming stuff but there's a reason why there's a lot of green atop PvP...

Droid was released what, a little more than a year ago? Literally everything you listed other than the AG and ABB was released or revamped since the BNW characters. I'm talking about older sentinels that haven't been touched from before that time. Isn't the green pyro a 4 star pull? Then why is it so useless?

Sag7272
04-05-2018, 11:04 PM
Droid was released what, a little more than a year ago? Literally everything you listed other than the AG and ABB was released or revamped since the BNW characters. I'm talking about older sentinels that haven't been touched from before that time. Isn't the green pyro a 4 star pull? Then why is it so useless?

Ugh... Yeah Droid was introduced like in November 2016.. Pulled him before the PvP beta..
Also SSD was an original toon as for Desert Guardian & AoS...
Didn't mention the pyro myself but even if you dislike him, his passive can do wonders in right team..

Don't want to make fun of you but..
If I read well your post should be called "Why all the sentinels (but like 4 & everything released post October 2016 in LoL update) that haven't been modified in more than a year now in my opinion sucks"
Seriously..

Yup
04-05-2018, 11:22 PM
It's the nature of ALL "games" which have no direct path to an end point, to consistently release more and more powerful characters.

The powerful characters from year ago are indeed less powerful than characters released this month, and characters released this month will be less powerful than characters released next year. The user lifespan isn't generally long enough to warrant any change in this respect. The goal is generally to acquire new users, let them enjoy the "game" and feel they are making progress. To do that you HAVE to release new characters that can compete with older characters and even best them in some respects. Otherwise new users leave too rapidly.

In short.. the goal isn't in making the game experience fantastic even if you've been playing for 2 years for every player.. the goal is making the game fun and perhaps addictive for 3-6 months for NEW users that may spend money. It's a [B]business.. not a "make your experience great" service.

That being posted.... I find all 4 star toons a bit underpowered unless there's a bug (*cough*cough*.. GCotD, SMP *cough*cough**). All 4 star characters aren't great whether it's an old 4 star or a new 4 star. I mean come one .. that Hell hound last month was pretty horrid... King Eddie... kind of a joke.... Hallowed Eddie... definitely a joke... so it's not like all new characters are superior.

Reeb99
04-06-2018, 01:14 AM
Ironically you end up spending more resources on 3 and 4 star character pulls, so the idea that only 5 star pulls should be good at level 100 is pretty flawed as well. It's this kind of thing that prevents this game from ever becoming popular, serious balance flaws. Either you luck out and pull the flavor of the month team, or you are fucked.