PDA

View Full Version : Help Choosing an Eddie

MrFreeze
04-13-2018, 01:13 AM
I’m gonna attempt to create a poll here...we’ll see if I can make it work. But basically I can’t decide who to use as my champion at this point. I don’t have any of the new eddies. So I’ll let you guys decide. It doesn’t really matter if your my troooer or not. Vote if you want. I’ve got seven sharded eddies to choose from.

Yup
04-13-2018, 01:21 AM
Doesn't matter.. whoever it is is merely a ride along... :)

(Okay.. might matter if there's an event for a specific class, like the last one for Sentinel.But WHICH Senitnal didn't matter.).

T-Man
04-13-2018, 01:35 AM
As long as it’s an Eddie. :cool:

Something else to think about is make sure he is survivable. Just in case troopers actually use him.

Saying that, I voted VHE. He or Navigator would be my choice. Cyborg next just because he is cool.

MrFreeze
04-13-2018, 02:21 AM
As long as it’s an Eddie. :cool:

Something else to think about is make sure he is survivable. Just in case troopers actually use him.

Saying that, I voted VHE. He or Navigator would be my choice. Cyborg next just because he is cool.

You probably remember all this but I had VHE for a long time. When I maxed him, it was before Sparton and Kaz sent him on the roller coaster of ups and downs. He wasn’t all that great, but he was my rarest at the time, so I maxed him.

I’ve got navigator now. Sometimes I’ll run powerslave with troopers eddies and the character I’m leveling. I always liked navigators for that.

But I figured a poll might be fun, and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen one of these threads on here. So, yeah I know it doesn’t really matter which one I choose (especially with auto replay) but what the hell. It’s fun clicking buttons.

Hit me up if you get an open spot. It’d be great to have you back on the list.

Reeb99
04-13-2018, 04:25 AM
I'm one of those people that don't care, as long as it can survive Powerslave on auto. Preferably an Eddie though, because if I'm running something else, they go in the back seat. I'm not babysitting a weak trooper. If it dies, it dies.

Zerynx
04-13-2018, 04:32 AM
You were always VHE man. As you noted. So he gets my vote.

Amarthir
04-13-2018, 04:51 AM
It kind of depends on if you're going to use your champ or just have him there for the sake of being there. Personally, I like to champ the one that I like to use the most. At the moment it's PoM Eddie since he's pretty great in PvP (other than a few broken attacks)

I also have a bit where I pick a non Maiden song which goes along lyrically with the type of Eddie whom I have currently as my champion. With Piece of Mind Eddie having "Allergy" by Dust Bolt.

EnricoPalazzo
04-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Cyborg, because for a Trooper, he's solid enough to actually be played and the looks are second to none.

blade685
04-13-2018, 09:01 AM
it depend of LOL day.
Personally i try to change
If you don't want to change Navigator

Blade
04-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Best choice in general: Navigator! Fast farming, now as he is a solid multi-hitter again. On the other hand, several months ago when I was still missing so many good characters and hesited to max Grim Reaper, I was happy to have some as troopers for BNW red, Vampire for green/yellow and Pharaoh for blue/pruple... so maybe your troopers should decide :)

edsel
04-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Tailgunner with 6 Hunter talismans is unreal when accompanied by red Lilith Desesrt Marauder and wrath running Shadow talismans clearing LOL X in hi 20s and mid 30s on autoplay. Run him for Underworld Shadows in the Valley to get 3 star evo shards instead of Powerslave which gives junk and takes too long.

MrFreeze
04-13-2018, 01:26 PM
it depend of LOL day.
Personally i try to change
If you don't want to change Navigator

I’ve thought about doing this, but never got around to it. These days my navigator team takes out all LoL.

MrFreeze
04-13-2018, 01:35 PM
Tailgunner with 6 Hunter talismans is unreal when accompanied by red Lilith Desesrt Marauder and wrath running Shadow talismans clearing LOL X in hi 20s and mid 30s on autoplay. Run him for Underworld Shadows in the Valley to get 3 star evo shards instead of Powerslave which gives junk and takes too long.

I don’t have the red Lilith, but I have been using that DM, Wrath combo. Those talismans make him hit like he used to. I use navigator and switch the fourth depending on the day. Yellow chopper comes in handy for some of those.

I hear ya on powerslave. I was against it for a long time and ran game of death. I no longer need 3* evo mats as much, so I’ve been running the cheaper ones to get through troopers quicker. There’s also been talk of better ironite drops there, but I can’t confirm it.

Edit: I have considered maxing tailgunner in the past, but never went through with it. Maybe I should. I’ve got the shards.

T-Man
04-13-2018, 01:49 PM
You probably remember all this but I had VHE for a long time. When I maxed him, it was before Sparton and Kaz sent him on the roller coaster of ups and downs. He wasn’t all that great, but he was my rarest at the time, so I maxed him.

I’ve got navigator now. Sometimes I’ll run powerslave with troopers eddies and the character I’m leveling. I always liked navigators for that.

But I figured a poll might be fun, and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen one of these threads on here. So, yeah I know it doesn’t really matter which one I choose (especially with auto replay) but what the hell. It’s fun clicking buttons.

Hit me up if you get an open spot. It’d be great to have you back on the list.

Yes I do remember, and had to vote VH. Good to see you back man. I've been trying to find a spot for you since. Give me some time on that.

MrFreeze
04-13-2018, 02:34 PM
No problem. I’m leaving about ten spots open for the moment. I’ve taken on some non forum troopers, but I’m holding the rest for former troopers and possibly other forum members. There’s a bunch of you guys I’d like to have back on my list. And thanks to those of you who have already contacted me. And a really special thanks to those who stuck out my 2 month break! I won’t drop names, you know who you are:)

I did the same thing last year. A break after the new year seems to refresh my interest in the game.

Askora
04-13-2018, 05:43 PM
Former trooper and I'd be happy to add you, but I'm full up at the moment with consistent players. Also, have a pending request if I get an opening. If I find a spot I'll let you know.

Had to vote for the max another one! Should always be maxing more. Need the latest and greatest Eddie everytime! :D

MrFreeze
04-13-2018, 08:54 PM
Former trooper and I'd be happy to add you, but I'm full up at the moment with consistent players. Also, have a pending request if I get an opening. If I find a spot I'll let you know.

Had to vote for the max another one! Should always be maxing more. Need the latest and greatest Eddie everytime! :D

Thanks man, no worries.
I’ve thought about maxing another one, but I can’t decide who. Rainmaker would be cool, but he’d take a big chunk of my saved shards. Trooper? Eternity? Tailgunner? A lot of people seem to like pharaoh, but I never really did. I could never decide so I just leveled up a pumpkin.

Diamondhead2112
04-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Samurai is the most amusing. I love watching him headslap the opposition six or seven times in a row 😀

The Educated fool
04-26-2018, 07:06 PM
It doesn't matter much to me who your champ is, though I do prefer it be an Eddie. That said, I think you should max TG... he can be a lot of fun, in the right circumstances. :cool: Aces is pretty baddass too... if you have him, I'd say he'd be worth the shards as well.

... and if I actually still believed that Gauntlet was ever gonna come out (I don't), I'd say maxing Pharaoh would be a fine idea... for that purpose.

MrFreeze
04-26-2018, 11:12 PM
It doesn't matter much to me who your champ is, though I do prefer it be an Eddie. That said, I think you should max TG... he can be a lot of fun, in the right circumstances. :cool: Aces is pretty baddass too... if you have him, I'd say he'd be worth the shards as well.

... and if I actually still believed that Gauntlet was ever gonna come out (I don't), I'd say maxing Pharaoh would be a fine idea... for that purpose.

Thanks buddy:). I just stuck with navigator since he had the most votes. No aces, one of the ones I was hoping to see after sacrificing a months worth of souls the other day. I’m a bit salty about my results from that. Maybe I’m crazy, but I think drop rates are worse now than they were a year ago. We’ll never know though, and they won’t admit it if it’s true.

Reeb99
04-26-2018, 11:54 PM
I don't think the drop rates are any worse, it just seems worse since there are more characters in the pool to get. The only 5 star Eddie I've EVER pulled is Pharaoh, and that was after upgrading the starter Pharaoh to 5 stars.

Edit: I lied. I forgot about the VHE I pulled during the heart event.

The Educated fool
04-26-2018, 11:58 PM
Thanks buddy:). I just stuck with navigator since he had the most votes. No aces, one of the ones I was hoping to see after sacrificing a months worth of souls the other day. I’m a bit salty about my results from that. Maybe I’m crazy, but I think drop rates are worse now than they were a year ago. We’ll never know though, and they won’t admit it if it’s true.

I don't blame you for being salty about that one bit, amigo! I'd be steamed like brocolli if I still hadn't dropped Aces at this point... what bollocks! I didn't get the Eddie I was really after in my own sac-a-palooza (PoM), but I did drop Iron Eddie (3 times--lol) and Gunner Chopper (who'd thusfar eluded me) and given my new knowledge of your Aces situation, I find myself suddenly sitting here feeling pretty lucky about my pulls.

I hope he (and the rest of the toons on your most-wanted list) come to you soon!

The Educated fool
04-27-2018, 12:00 AM
I don't think the drop rates are any worse, it just seems worse since there are more characters in the pool to get. The only 5 star Eddie I've EVER pulled is Pharaoh, and that was after upgrading the starter Pharaoh to 5 stars.

Holy Hell! :( Damn, man...

Reeb99
04-27-2018, 12:13 AM
Oh wait, I have a VHE as well. The only 5 stars I've pulled are AG, Ph.E, VHE, PDK. Not counting trooper / eternity / Lilith souls, of course.

Before this event, the only gunner Eddie I had was Soldier. I pulled 2 Tailgunners.

And then 2 hours after I make this post, I pulled a Cyborg. I'll quit crying about my bad luck now.

The Educated fool
04-27-2018, 05:24 PM
And then 2 hours after I make this post, I pulled a Cyborg. I'll quit crying about my bad luck now.

That's awesome, man! Congratulations, finally! :cool: