PDA

View Full Version : Make Evil Take Its Course - Exclusive Chance for The Beast!

Sparton_LOTB
04-22-2018, 12:00 AM
Get Infernal Souls from winning battles for an exclusive chance at getting The Beast!

From now until April 24th, 5 PM PT, the Infernal Soul has become available! The Infernal Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class. This unholy soul features the following characters:

The Beast (5★ Assassin) EVENT EXCLUSIVE: Eddie’s ultimate foe! He can grant himself Invincibility while being able to remove beneficial effects and inflicting a wide variety of negative effects.
Children of the Damned (5★ Warrior, 5★ Assassin, 4★ Magus, 4★ Gunner): This soul has an increased chance of these devious children, who are a mix of heavy hitters and potent team supporters!
Soulless Demons(4★ Sentinel, 3★ Warrior, 3★ Assassin): This soul has an increased chance of these skeletal monsters, who attack all enemies while making themselves harder to kill!

Infernal Souls can be earned in one of two ways:

There are Event Challenges that will earn you Infernal Soul Fragments. Getting 200 fragments will earn you an Infernal Soul, with up to 15 that can be earned from challenges over the course of the event. However, to curry The Beast’s favor, you’ll need to prove your mettle by conquering key Underworld battles on Madness difficulty to earn them all, including the final fight of the world!
The store offers Infernal Souls for Ironite in the usual bundle sizes of 1, 3, or 10.

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Infernal Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, The Beast is not available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit him, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

JJJ428
04-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Wow I think even I might be done with this game at this point.

Amarthir
04-22-2018, 12:11 AM
In b4 the Storm begins.

Here it is ladies and gentlemen, the one we've all been waiting for, the grand opening of the First Official P2W character event!

slauki
04-22-2018, 12:24 AM
all others characters were included in the g/a souls or were farmable to some degree, even the liliths...2 days to get some chances of prolly 0,7% of the beast souls? not a fan of it...

JJJ428
04-22-2018, 12:25 AM
So true I was against this just reading the event now that I logged in and see some of the missions this is beyond bs, I think after the sac event I am taking a break.

T-Man
04-22-2018, 12:27 AM
I hate this sort of thing. Obvious money grab. Was excited to see what was in store tonight, but this really turns me off to this game.

Regardless, we should set our champion to a Gunner or Warrior Eddie. Play the last 2 missions first to complete multiple missions at once. It works with the appropriate trooper class tagging along.

Remember to keep immunity up when fighting the beast.

JJJ428
04-22-2018, 12:33 AM
I think this will be last straw for a lot of people.

druid138
04-22-2018, 12:35 AM
The Beast finally available: awesome!

The Beast only available as an RNG-based 3-day event exclusive: not awesome at all!

I'll grind for Achievement Infernal Souls, but there is no way that I can buy Souls directly with ironite with a clear conscience.

Amarthir
04-22-2018, 12:37 AM
1.64% chance for a 5* character.

If you're lucky enough to get a 5* there's a 45% chance for either two kids or the Beast,

So, low chance RNG for a 5* and multiple high RNG chances to NOT get the Beast.

Honestly I never had a problem with these events until now. Introducing the beast we've been waiting so long for, and he's a limited time "hope you get him now or sux bro"

The ONLY good thing about this event is you have 15 "free" chances of getting him... By still spending a large amount of Ironite and wasting copious amounts of time.

Kurzgesagt
04-22-2018, 12:41 AM
Damn it, how much rage on this event, and it has barely begun ...

Ok, what else is annoying me now are these bugs. I barely enter the game and I already see the "100k bug", 10 SoW arena bug, news tab bug, bug in the fragments, SS... How many errors! This game is totally broken!

As for the event of the Beast ... I will not complain. Free souls, challenges that anyone can beat, nothing like these absurd arena events. And if the new character drops, I think it's profit.

It was time for a new non-Eddie character, to ventilate PvP. Hopefully it will be very OP, and that almost nobody will take it, not even who buys all the ironite of the store. So who knows, we managed to balance things a bit more in the Arena ...

Amarthir
04-22-2018, 12:45 AM
Damn it, how much rage on this event, and it has barely begun ...

Ok, what else is annoying me now are these bugs. I barely enter the game and I already see the "100k bug", 10 SoW arena bug, news tab bug, bug in the fragments, SS... How many errors! This game is totally broken!

As for the event of the Beast ... I will not complain. Free souls, challenges that anyone can beat, nothing like these absurd arena events. And if the new character drops, I think it's profit.

It was time for a new non-Eddie character, to ventilate PvP. Hopefully it will be very OP, and that almost nobody will take it, not even who buys all the ironite of the store. So who knows, we managed to balance things a bit more in the Arena ...

I'm like, 100% certain we'd ALL feel alot better about this if he was a permanent addition to the game.

druid138
04-22-2018, 12:54 AM
I can't imagine it will be very long before he becomes a permanent addition, maybe via Frontier Coins or something. But, I don't like the lack of transparency and the "fear of missing out" motivation - especially when he is entirely soul-RNG based.

JJJ428
04-22-2018, 12:56 AM
During the initial release of Lilith they mentioned Lilith souls and frontier coins so people didn’t have to worry about missing out. But a 3 day blitz and P2W that’s complete garbage.

Kurzgesagt
04-22-2018, 01:01 AM
I understand you guys, but come on, it's just a character that we do not even know how it's going to work.

I really do not care if they choose to use everyone's hype to make more money, it's already become something predictable now. This is not totally a pay-to-win, but soon heading in that direction is what it will become, and then I think it will be time that many will definitely just left the game with a heartbroken one.

But for now, it's playable. I'd rather enjoy it.

slauki
04-22-2018, 01:04 AM
I'm like, 100% certain we'd ALL feel alot better about this if he was a permanent addition to the game.

exactly, noone would complain if he was added in the regular book of souls, but this is crap at it's finest...
and yeah i agree with kurzgesagt, i hope he will be OP af to create another inquity in the game which was desperatly needed, since relics made things more equal for everyone.

T-Man
04-22-2018, 01:12 AM
exactly, noone would complain if he was added in the regular book of souls, but this is crap at it's finest...
and yeah i agree with kurzgesagt, i hope he will be OP af to create another inquity in the game which was desperatly needed, since relics made things more equal for everyone.

This is it exactly. Extremely limited toon. 3 days to get him. Otherwise no problem.

Amarthir
04-22-2018, 01:37 AM
If I were to quote my favorite Christmas movie here...

"Clark: [realizes the beast is a limited time pay character] If this isn't the biggest bag-over-the-head, punch-in-the-face I ever got, GOD DAMN IT!"

[kicks wildly at the presents under the tree]

GrimDusk
04-22-2018, 01:49 AM
I understand you guys, but come on, it's just a character that we do not even know how it's going to work.

I really do not care if they choose to use everyone's hype to make more money, it's already become something predictable now. This is not totally a pay-to-win, but soon heading in that direction is what it will become, and then I think it will be time that many will definitely just left the game with a heartbroken one.

But for now, it's playable. I'd rather enjoy it.

We do know how it works. It’s as powerful as the boss beast. It’s an OP character, and this was a greedy fucking move. There’s no positive spin on this.

MrFreeze
04-22-2018, 01:51 AM
You can also buy a dupe 5* for only $100.

It’d be nice if they added him to eternal or trooper souls at least. Along with Horus and seket etc. still waiting on news of new content. Months keep going by.

FarmerEddie
04-22-2018, 02:15 AM
Gotta agree with you guys on this one not a fan of the limited time. I do however like the idea of the missions for the fragments. That being said I bought a 3 pack with some of my saved up ironite (which is what I allow myself every event) and my luck is finally turning. Scored the Beast on the first soul! Haven't had the time to play with him too much I'm still at the farm but finally a bit of luck.

Yup
04-22-2018, 02:46 AM
So the Beast now inflicts all these grey negative buffs.. and as far as I know, no Warrior or Gunner class toon clears all that.... hmm....

Amarthir
04-22-2018, 02:54 AM
So the Beast now inflicts all these grey negative buffs.. and as far as I know, no Warrior or Gunner class toon clears all that.... hmm....

Yeah they sure aren't making this easy for us.

Ironically enough, having all his stats at 666 looks cool, but they aren't really.....good stats...

kkkreg5
04-22-2018, 03:38 AM
15 Infernal souls, no red eyes. Not surprised. NF must really feel that the Euro tour will bring in new players for support. The true Maiden fans are/were already playing. New players will look at this s*** show, play a while then move on.

kkkreg5
04-22-2018, 03:44 AM
...and the sac event will probably drop Infernal fragments for tier 4 and up sacrifices so hold onto that 3* crap! With double chances for blah, blah, blah...

Yup
04-22-2018, 04:15 AM

Sorted, Just have immunity active before the Beast switches to Assassin class. Running it fairly easily with gunners.. GPD, Cyborg, GUD -- I merely make certain GPD casts heal before Sentinel Beast is out of health.

Amarthir
04-22-2018, 04:21 AM
...and the sac event will probably drop Infernal fragments for tier 4 and up sacrifices so hold onto that 3* crap! With double chances for blah, blah, blah...

I would have taken a sacrifice event over this for sure, I have enough dupes for a whole ring fill, 2 actually since I'm on the tip of one right now

T-Man
04-22-2018, 04:41 AM
Game just locked up on me upon defeating the beast.
Team red was Samurai, Lilith, Pyro. Think I had a Trooper Ed trooper riding along.

hold
04-22-2018, 06:12 AM
In b4 the Storm begins.

Here it is ladies and gentlemen, the one we've all been waiting for, the grand opening of the First Official P2W character event!

^^this

Instead of less gambling they introduce more gambling and more aggressive gambling. I really hope the EU puts a stop to those lootbox bullshit rip offs and forces those companies to either get a gambling license or handing rewards out in a more fair manner.

This month we had P2W talismans and now this ... nice

Not long now and Battletech comes out - I got it for only 25$ during the Kickstarter campaign and it's going to be a real game not just a rip off ...

Rane
04-22-2018, 07:12 AM
So, i am getting some kind of server error on arena when i finish a fight..3 times in a row. I cant finish daily challenge because it doesn't count arena battle. I cant buy trooper soul or precious soul or eternity souls because they are still locked... 5 infernal soul and look at that, i couldnt believe myself when i saw it... grand prize GOLDEN SON...again and again... I think i need a brake with this game..

Symbiote
04-22-2018, 09:36 AM
Mmh, the arena crap event is over, which are everytime the same shit events...
After it ended i tried to login for this to look ingame what's next... couldn't do thst because of errors....
I did it some minutes ago and it seems that i didn't get the right reward for fucking arena...
I was warlord 3 but in my book of souls no rare soul and i think the eternal frags weren't right too... now 55 eternal frags.. don't remember that i had 5 in it..,
no rare soul, and evnetually 5 frags for a warlord 3??
The daily reward popup didn't came too..

Yeah and now more and more the way to p2w? I don't like this... some time ago you could buy the first character for real money.. ok it was Carriage Rider.. but.. the talis and all this stuff... this really sucks...

And now.., again a character where you need to buy souls, to get a char with a drop rate of hell.., mmmh... we will see..

Rain88
04-22-2018, 09:50 AM
It's another RNG event... What's the big deal? It's a standard event.
But the Beast, which is "Eddie's ultimate foe" can now be a part of Eddie's team... what the hell?

mikus666
04-22-2018, 10:37 AM
9 infinity souls and finally drop the Gunner Corrupt Rescuer. That toon was useful about 14 months ago. So by 2020 I should have all the Eddies that were released in 2017. Yeah!

other than poor drop rates, I did enjoy having to manually run my warrior team through NOB. The timing of the immunity is critical.

FarmerEddie
04-22-2018, 11:30 AM
Samurai, wnbol and hellhound. Lost 1 out of 12 autoplay matches so far.

edsel
04-22-2018, 11:49 AM
this guy has power and also weakness-everything is "6" so hp is low with damage and collateral effects off the charts..45234524

Iced_Earth
04-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Fuck Off. That really sucks, the beast himself as a Event only Charakter... i burned my whole ironite for 20 souls and only got bullshit. Now i wont get him... cause he wont return 😬

I mean.. ITS the beast and that means, he should be able go get in the Future aswell... he is essentially for this Game

Im thinking to burn my whole Pile of souls and quitting the Game..

Iced_Earth
04-22-2018, 01:21 PM
I beg you devs: Please think about it. Let the beast be avaible in a other way too. Maybe via a fragment Event or Frontier Coins..

I dont want to leave. Really.

ShaneBazTe
04-22-2018, 01:23 PM
30 souls, 28 3* chars, two 4* dupes. Not even sure why I was surprised...

natasar
04-22-2018, 01:30 PM
I think chances are pretty good that the Beast will be indeed available in other ways in the future. The event note - as usual - does not say that it won‘t be available after completion of the event, but that it may be a long time until it returns. So there should be a chance for those who weren‘t lucky (including me thus far) - it just may take a few days, weeks or months.

satani
04-22-2018, 01:33 PM
well, i burned my 800-900 ironite on all devices.
10-Pack: not a single red-eye.
2x3-pack plus 2 single souls (so 8 souls) on device 2: 1 red and that was the beast. Lucky me, but that's the account where i play 2x red lilith + gunner lilith....
3rd account: also 8 souls. At least 1 5* , a shaman eddie. Don't have him there so i'm ok with it, although i highly would have needed the beast here, as this is my assassin-team.

I tested the beast a bit: His final stats seem like kind of joke. Looks funny with everything being 666(6) (even shards), but seems a bit little life on first sight.
Tried him in PVP with counter/3x purple: no result, as he died every freaking time before i could use him.
Second try PVP (Steel/purple): well, now he lives. Despite his ridiculous attack/magic numbers, his damage is pretty good (4-6000 true aoe damage).
He replaced my yellow lilith and pairs very well with 2 red lilith due to his burns. I did not get his finisher done by now, as all 10 enemies i faced died within round 1.

Sure, this kind of looks like a pay/ironite-burn event, but which event isn't? Plus i'm hoping, he beast will be added to the frontier-section. (as the lilith are, too)

Amarthir
04-22-2018, 01:59 PM
But the Beast, which is "Eddie's ultimate foe" can now be a part of Eddie's team... what the hell?

They worked it out lmao

fred10141988
04-22-2018, 04:00 PM
this guy has power and also weakness-everything is "6" so hp is low with damage and collateral effects off the charts...

Could you post all his skills? thank you so much.

Nekroliun
04-22-2018, 05:03 PM
Oh man, no matter how cool the char u can get it, if its not a guranteed then id never get it, the game already stole 2 mill from me when hollowed eddie was released lol.

I wonder if they did an event like the guranteed 5 star eddie event. Cant beat that one.

FarmerEddie
04-22-2018, 06:03 PM
Nekro! You're alive! Nice to see you survived your last jump from a roof. Haven't seen nothing like that Immortal soul event. Good times that was. I'd love something like that again soon alright.

BonFire
04-22-2018, 06:06 PM
Who the hell is Wrath then?

hold
04-22-2018, 07:26 PM
Who the hell is Wrath then?

He is the neighbour of the beast - live in house 667 ...

Amarthir
04-22-2018, 08:29 PM
Well after burning though a bunch of challenges and finishing the Gunner challenge and buying 3 souls with ironite... Probably gave me around 10 souls. When I cashed them in, I was pleasantly surprised..... With a friggin Pharaoh Dog.

So, question for the devs. How was this event a good idea?

blade685
04-22-2018, 08:35 PM
no beast for me like all events of the year but many many SSD ...

Moonchild-6759
04-22-2018, 08:45 PM
It is possible to get it. I got my 5th soul from the challenges (slow, but I had actually given up when I saw the %-chance) and this was my lucky one. It is insane, dealing 20k damage in the Arena with his special. The other moves being insane as well. It is my champion, so my troopers have a chance of trying it.

GotN
04-22-2018, 09:16 PM
It is possible to get it. I got my 5th soul from the challenges (slow, but I had actually given up when I saw the %-chance) and this was my lucky one. It is insane, dealing 20k damage in the Arena with his special. The other moves being insane as well. It is my champion, so my troopers have a chance of trying it.

He does 20k damage on Level 1, unsharded and without talisman? Btw congrats on pulling him!

MrFreeze
04-22-2018, 11:32 PM
Well, like usual I blew ironite on a ten pack. I also had seven souls from missions. I dropped all 17 at once and got...a couple 4* dupes and a bunch of trash. This has become so expected it’s laughable. I’ve lost interest in chasing the rest of the missions. New content please, instead of teasing us with this stuff.

Askora
04-22-2018, 11:44 PM
The big problem is from something I saw where Llexi Leon had said it shouldn't be about collecting all the characters. With no new content, there really isn't anything else to do in the game. So, the devs really need to decide if they want to stick with the it not being about collecting the characters. If it isn't, then you need to pick up your game and get new content released regularly. Otherwise, you should get to work on a method to make all characters available via FC or some other means.

GrimDusk
04-23-2018, 03:25 AM
So I’ve used about 13 infernal souls, not one red eye. Fuck you guys for this shitty event. You know exactly why this is wrong, hence why you haven’t responded to any of the forum users. You’ve gone and completely shafted your fan base. How fucking nice of you. Seriously I hope this game either improves a lot, or crashes and burns so you guys lose all that time you spent developing everything.

Moonchild-6759
04-23-2018, 06:29 AM
He does 20k damage on Level 1, unsharded and without talisman? Btw congrats on pulling him!

Sorry, i was a little too quick. he does 20k damage on level 100, with 3x guard and 3x stat-increase purple (forgot the name), and full shards.

MoonShadow
04-23-2018, 07:49 AM
Sorry, i was a little too quick. he does 20k damage on level 100, with 3x guard and 3x stat-increase purple (forgot the name), and full shards.Oh yes, just tested your champ, he's quite a... Beast, very good damage output at two of his skills and mostly at his special move, another foe to be feared in the Arena, for sure.

Nice pull, trooper. \m/

PerthEddie
04-23-2018, 10:53 AM
How does this work? If I get all 15 souls from the event and don't open them right away when I do decide to open them, let's say in a month's time could I still get Beast or will the chance be gone?

MrFreeze
04-23-2018, 11:19 AM
How does this work? If I get all 15 souls from the event and don't open them right away when I do decide to open them, let's say in a month's time could I still get Beast or will the chance be gone?

It should be fine right? As bugged as this game is though, I wouldn’t risk it.

Mizrael
04-23-2018, 06:31 PM

Just like MrFreeze, i wouldn’t risk it either! I remember someone pulling a completely different character from a “1 specific character soul” after the event was over. In that case he could get it back via support, but if you open them after the event and get just blue eyes, you’ll never know if it was just bad luck or was the drop altered by a bug?....

I wouldn’t want to live with that thought for the rest of my life.

BTW.: Wasted all my 2700 ironite (AGAIN) on 30 Souls and the only 5* was a FUCKING PDK!!!....but i’m not falling for the cunning attempt to make me desperate again and spend $$$ again. i rather raise the finger, switch the game off and go play some GAME instead of this slot machine...

Kris-0707
04-23-2018, 06:43 PM
Finally managed to complete this crappy event, got 15 souls, pulled 14 x *** and 1 **** useless golden son.
Definitelly won't buy any souls from the store.
I still can't understand why (again) there is no guaranteed stuff after completing the whole event?

Sparton_LOTB
04-23-2018, 07:06 PM
Regarding The Beast, I just wanted to jump in to note that while you won't be able to get more Infernal Souls for chances to get him once the event is over, he absolutely will return in the future. We don't have an exact plan for when or how, but unlike other event exclusive characters, it's not likely that he'll just be a rare drop from any souls that can drop a 5★ Assassin; he will be something that players can work towards in some fashion to earn.

There will still be the chance to earn him from Infernal Souls even after the event is over, if you keep the souls you earn until later.

I still can't understand why (again) there is no guaranteed stuff after completing the whole event?

In most other games that are like ours, getting more of the currency used for revives/summons/inventory expansions/etc is very heavily constrained outside of purchases, and is instead primarily doled out via event objectives. However, in our game, many more routine actions in the game give you renewable resources of Ironite that most other games wouldn't do (daily Skull Quests, Satellite 15, Sacrifices, chance per enemy killed in PVE and PVP battles, etc), so much of that "income" is baked into the base game instead of the event rewards. The same goes for stuff like Skill Shards, 3★ Evo Materials, and even Sands of Time or Sands of War (almost all of the things I listed also have a chance of each of those rewards).

The end result is the same; if you actively play the game (even if you're not top of things like the Arena leaderboard), you'll get a fairly sizable amount of Ironite, Skill Shards, etc to spend on what you will. In the case of Ironite, this can add up to literally thousands of it per year in Legacy of the Beast, and that income climbs as we add new one-time or renewable resources for new features and content.

Amarthir
04-23-2018, 07:18 PM
Regarding The Beast, I just wanted to jump in to note that while you won't be able to get more Infernal Souls for chances to get him once the event is over, he absolutely will return in the future. We don't have an exact plan for when or how, but unlike other event exclusive characters, it's not likely that he'll just be a rare drop from any souls that can drop a 5★ Assassin; he will be something that players can work towards in some fashion to earn.

Well I guess that gives me a little bit of comfort. Nevertheless, I wouldn't exactly rate this event as 10/10

In most other games that are like ours, getting more of the currency used for revives/summons/inventory expansions/etc is very heavily constrained outside of purchases, and is instead primarily doled out via event objectives. However, in our game, many more routine actions in the game give you renewable resources of Ironite that most other games wouldn't do (daily Skull Quests, Satellite 15, Sacrifices, chance per enemy killed in PVE and PVP battles, etc), so much of that "income" is baked into the base game instead of the event rewards. The same goes for stuff like Skill Shards, 3★ Evo Materials, and even Sands of Time or Sands of War (almost all of the things I listed also have a chance of each of those rewards).

The end result is the same; if you actively play the game (even if you're not top of things like the Arena leaderboard), you'll get a fairly sizable amount of Ironite, Skill Shards, etc to spend on what you will. In the case of Ironite, this can add up to literally thousands of it per year in Legacy of the Beast, and that income climbs as we add new one-time or renewable resources for new features and content.

The best saving grace about this game is indeed the fact that almost all materials are easily farmable as long as you're willing to farm for them. Just the recent events though have been pretty more closely leaned towards actual cashgrabs. I won't go into the relics since in a sense, they're 100% free, what threw the arena out of wack in the first place was the top players who had mountains of iron coins were able to instantly purchase many relics at once, creating a very solid line between them and the others.

But with the new Necro talismans, and now with the Infernal Souls, you guys gave us something really exotic but made getting them really difficult. I know the Necro talismans will come back, probably in a warrior themed arena event, but the thing with the Beast was pretty bad.

But I'm over it, I'm not one to hold on to grudges for very long. Hopefully the sacrifice event will be a good one, I've been looking forward to it all month.

Yup
04-23-2018, 07:32 PM
yeah.. I'd have expected perhaps a higher drop rate for a limited release character... it's one thing if you can then pick up the character via other souls or fragments, but with no plans for a secondary acquisition.. liking the event even less.

T-Man
04-23-2018, 08:29 PM
It does ease the disappointment some knowing there will be more opportunities to get him. Not being a difference maker in the arena at this point also eases the blow. That arena part could change I know.

Overall I like the mission style events, but not this type with an extremely limited opportunity at a rare toon.

Looking forward to the souls event. My toon inventory is bursting at the seams.

MrFreeze
04-23-2018, 11:33 PM
I grinded out the last few warrior missions I had. Got three more souls.

My main gripe with these event souls (all of them, not just infernal) is the lack of any rewarding feeling for participating in the event. That notb crap was annoying and time consuming. I left it feeling empty. I put in the time, jumped through the hoops NF put in front of me, and got absolutely nothing for my effort. Sure, I can sacrifice my dupes, but for what? More nothing. Guys, I think you can do better than this.

Edit: I know you guys are always worrying about tanking the game economy or something, but...immortal soul event. That was easily the best soul event as far as the players were concerned, and it didn’t hurt anything. Please consider removing 3* drops from event souls. I’d feel a little less cheated if I had 20 4* for my efforts instead of 3 dupes and a bunch of 3* that aren’t worth crap to sacrifice.

Kurzgesagt
04-24-2018, 12:12 AM

There will still be the chance to earn him from Infernal Souls even after the event is over, if you keep the souls you earn until later.

Thanks @Sparton_LOTB for the info! I believe it's that kind of clarity that we're all waiting for here. It is very bad and evil this of "get the new character now, spending all your ironite on soul packs with less than 1.64% chance of getting it!". This will never catch on, and you NEED to learn this by announcing this type of event.

I understand everyone's hype, but like many other characters, The Beast to me is just one more that if I can get, it will be profit. Nothing else. And of course he would end up returning after its exclusive release, even if it took too long.

But the point is not that it's a special char and that's a special chance to get it, considering I haven't seen anyone complaining about the new warrior being that he's not available in normal souls either. The problem is to use this suspicious marketing to try to convince us to invest in the game. In fact, we're don't just talking about the game, everyone here loves the band and they just hate to see that kind of thing associated with it. And as much as any of the team, as a fan and player, I want to see this game become better and better.

Anyway, I hope you understand what I mean. Keep up the great work! I look forward to the sacrificial event and the next patch.

Reeb99
04-24-2018, 12:39 AM
I've been considering converting all non-guaranteed event souls from here on out, that way I actually get something useful out of them. I get mostly blue Newborns from them as it stands.

Askora
04-24-2018, 01:55 AM
... new features and content.

Coming soon! :rolleyes:

Leandrium
04-24-2018, 04:15 AM
I dont know how to feel, i play the game since the begining, but every time the game gets boring and i have to star with another account. First time in the begining, i ended the story and there were nothing to do. Start again and again with the same pattern. My mobile gets old so i left the game. In march of the previous year i change my phone and start the game again, gets an Cyborg, Pyro Soldier Red, Golden Son Magus and Greeen Bomber, everything was great but, brave new world appears and i dont have a team for that, only for arena. So i start again, and again, and again, completing the game, misions and getting good positioned in arena. In all theese times i noticed that the drop rate has become crapier and crapier.
Two weeks ago i start again, get and Mystic Eddie, Pharaon King Dog, Nomad and Red Soldier in the event, among 4 5* sacrifical hearts and like 10 4* irrelevant toons, a very high drop rate, everything in the first week and from rare souls. The last week, i did not get anything at all, having to spend al my sands in Powerslave to get like 5 2* evo runes, farming lol to get 1 3* evo shard (and colourless, i needed the color one) i spend all my ironite for the beast and nothing. In arena i can't win anything for the relics or for the bad organization i that (i , level 30 with no maxed toons fighting among lvl 100 player with maxed toons and etc, only for having 1600 point) The worst? The game gets boring, in the first time, before i complete the story. I sacrificed everything i got, in that process i get like 250 rare souls, 150 a/g rare souls, 7 Legendary souls and 16 skill shards (only 16, really?). With this souls i only get a Vampire hunter eddie, green and blue priest, Yellow undead rescuer and gunner children of the danmend, among wothless 4* (really worthless, or not, but with few resources and only 16 skill shards the are worthless).
So, i noticed a pattern, if you are very lucky in the begining of your playtrough you are going to have a bad time, getting nothing from souls. The game needs you to refill your sands to get you the things you need ( the first amount of sand spended in lol get you shards, but, if you refill, you get the wanted evo shards. Or in bnw, you want an talisman? refill your sands). Its really annonyng how the game need that you spend your life in it so you can have nice things (no very nice, just nice or needed).
Now im leaving the game, with deception, it was a really good game, but the drop system is corrupt. You dont get souls, the souls you get gives you nothing. Hours spended to evoluting a talisman to 4* and hours to get it to lvl 80. Event rewarding those who spent time in the game with nothing just dupes or inservible toons.
I cant spend all day in the game, i acept that i can get #1 in arena, or get all toons, but at least something nice or usefull, maybe more skill shars so i can make some damage. I dont know if this going to do some usefull, i just want to dicharge my anger with the RNG system (i read an new about how a computer never can be random or generate random data/chances, think in that). Sorry for the gramar, im from argentina. Maybe in the future the game will be worth, but not in these days

Mizrael
04-24-2018, 07:27 AM

Sorry Sparton, but WHAT A LOAD OF BULLCRAP!!! All we get from you is excuses excuses excuses!

I don’t know what shitty game are you comparing to, but those which i’ve played offer:
-When a new character is introduced, you can actually get it by completing all the event challenges, not just a chance to get it!

-There is always some “10th soul is a guaranteed 5*” or “open 10, get 11th free” sort of RNG compensation!

-The currency might be harder to come by, but if i’m patient, i can later spend it to actually GET my desired character by buying some kind of “fragments” of it.
What do i need thousands of ironite for, when all i get for it is 3* crap dupes?!

-the other games are full of content where i can choose what and when do i want to play.
There is nothing to do in LotB and the team has settled with the easiest way to grab the players money, with very little effort required by just releasing new characters. OFCOURSE! Why bother with designing new levels or writing some story? Just paint the freaking soldier red or make a NPC a playable character....”ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME!!!” (good old teleshopping trick!) and people will spill hundreds of $$$ just to have it...well for a CHANCE to have it.

How about you stop comparing and instead LISTEN to YOUR players, playing YOUR game. We all tell you that the drops (and the overall rewards in the game) are ridiculously bad and all you ever replay is “Yeah! But look at him and him and BLAAAAH BLAAAAH!”

hold
04-24-2018, 08:07 AM
Sorry Sparton, but WHAT A LOAD OF BULLCRAP!!! All we get from you is excuses excuses excuses!

I don’t know what shitty game are you comparing to, but those which i’ve played offer:
-When a new character is introduced, you can actually get it by completing all the event challenges, not just a chance to get it!

-There is always some “10th soul is a guaranteed 5*” or “open 10, get 11th free” sort of RNG compensation!

-The currency might be harder to come by, but if i’m patient, i can later spend it to actually GET my desired character by buying some kind of “fragments” of it.
What do i need thousands of ironite for, when all i get for it is 3* crap dupes?!

-the other games are full of content where i can choose what and when do i want to play.
There is nothing to do in LotB and the team has settled with the easiest way to grab the players money, with very little effort required by just releasing new characters. OFCOURSE! Why bother with designing new levels or writing some story? Just paint the freaking soldier red or make a NPC a playable character....”ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME!!!” (good old teleshopping trick!) and people will spill hundreds of $$$ just to have it...well for a CHANCE to have it.

How about you stop comparing and instead LISTEN to YOUR players, playing YOUR game. We all tell you that the drops (and the overall rewards in the game) are ridiculously bad and all you ever replay is “Yeah! But look at him and him and BLAAAAH BLAAAAH!”

Wrong! They are also releasing new Talismans as cash grabs ...

My favourite games are actually the ones I pay once and play for the rest of my life if I want to without the risk of the servers going offline one day. I'm happy to throw some money in a game once in a while if I get rewarded. Why not 10 bucks for a War for the Overworld expansion - I get a new campaign and can play it forever. The mighty Humble Bundles where I get a bunch of games for less than 10 Euro - here? I get P2W talismans for 11 Euro (well I didn't - I dind't fall for this FOMO)

I said it before and I stick to it: LotB preys on the gaming addicted and exploits a loyal fanbase.

I bought this 15 dys 35 ironite a day for 6 or 7 Euro (forgot) - this starter pack. Things like that I can see the value or the point - but 109 Euro for a 5* soul - go f**k ... - not talking about the ironite as that's only good for refills as you hardly get anything out of the souls.

blade685
04-24-2018, 10:05 AM
the game don't go in the right way for sure.....if i use ironit or not, same result: i never loot the new character, result: i didn't use any ironit for "chance to win" something in that game
I did all events and in 2018: 0 event characters, seriously we are at the end of april!!!!

You don't see that 90% of players are angry sparton???

scott-5496
04-24-2018, 11:10 AM
So many threads these days end up in nasty chat, anger and finger pointing at the devs - as customers it is our right to complain. I get that 100% but we also need to be civil to one another. So much hate around the world - everywhere you look there is evidence of bad stuff, bad people etc etc. Lets try a chill a bit and get perspective on what is just a game. I want new content too, just like everyone does but again lets try to get some perspective and not be so vitriolic. Its great to see so much passion about the band and the game but really guys and girls it is just game for us and job for the NF guys and girls.

Also lets not forget that Iron Maiden are the single largest shareholder of NF - they have 100% of the class A shares in the company that is NF. 50CC games have all the C class shares but only a nominal value and there is a bunch of people/companies that own just under a third of the overall shares (class B - no voting rights - just dividend). All of this stuff is public knowledge and can be viewed on Compaanies House here in the UK.

Lexi Leon (Robert Alexander Leon) is the creative director for NF and he has also set up 'Maiden Collectables' directly with the band and band management all being shareholders in it (all band members plus Andy Taylor and Rod Smallwood). So when we are having a go at NF we are having a go at really all of these guys that are part of the shareholding structure and as in most companies the NF staff are in the end I guess answerable to all of them as shareholders.

Anyway lets try to keep it as nice as we can - sure we all need to vent a bit and we are customers as well. But lets try to keep it civil.

I will don my tin hat in anicipation of hate bombs being fired my way!

Blood Brothers ended each set on the last tour - lets try to get with the spirit of that tune - in the end I am sure we all want that game to work and improve over time - we just need patience, granted quite a lot of it but things are moving and even just the move to regular and varied events is a positive for me anyway.

hold
04-24-2018, 11:30 AM
So many threads these days end up in nasty chat, anger and finger pointing at the devs - as customers it is our right to complain. I get that 100% but we also need to be civil to one another. So much hate around the world - everywhere you look there is evidence of bad stuff, bad people etc etc. Lets try a chill a bit and get perspective on what is just a game. I want new content too, just like everyone does but again lets try to get some perspective and not be so vitriolic. Its great to see so much passion about the band and the game but really guys and girls it is just game for us and job for the NF guys and girls.

Also lets not forget that Iron Maiden are the single largest shareholder of NF - they have 100% of the class A shares in the company that is NF. 50CC games have all the C class shares but only a nominal value and there is a bunch of people/companies that own just under a third of the overall shares (class B - no voting rights - just dividend). All of this stuff is public knowledge and can be viewed on Compaanies House here in the UK.

Lexi Leon (Robert Alexander Leon) is the creative director for NF and he has also set up 'Maiden Collectables' directly with the band and band management all being shareholders in it (all band members plus Andy Taylor and Rod Smallwood). So when we are having a go at NF we are having a go at really all of these guys that are part of the shareholding structure and as in most companies the NF staff are in the end I guess answerable to all of them as shareholders.

Anyway lets try to keep it as nice as we can - sure we all need to vent a bit and we are customers as well. But lets try to keep it civil.

I will don my tin hat in anicipation of hate bombs being fired my way!

Blood Brothers ended each set on the last tour - lets try to get with the spirit of that tune - in the end I am sure we all want that game to work and improve over time - we just need patience, granted quite a lot of it but things are moving and even just the move to regular and varied events is a positive for me anyway.

Hmmm ... So from all the complaints since START you don't think a lot could be solved in just turning the slot machine into a "work hard - get something guaranteed"? Honestly if I read that some people throw several 100 of whatever currency at this gambling shit - I have different feelings - they are all grown up and it's their decision but it's very nasty to prey on the gambling addiction of humans plus using a nice cup of FOMO on top. Honestly if someone throws a few hundred bucks in a game he should have every single char plus a hand knitted t-shirt from Bruce Dickinson.

In other words: If they don't play nice - why should the players swallow the bitter pill and enjoy the day with a warm cup of "shut the f*ck up"?

I understand that one could complain about the tone in here sometimes - and I agree to a certain extent - on the other hand - this is fucking metal and no kindergarden (hence you sometimes think it is :) )

Kurzgesagt
04-24-2018, 11:51 AM
Hmmm ... So from all the complaints since START you don't think a lot could be solved in just turning the slot machine into a "work hard - get something guaranteed"? Honestly if I read that some people throw several 100 of whatever currency at this gambling shit - I have different feelings - they are all grown up and it's their decision but it's very nasty to prey on the gambling addiction of humans plus using a nice cup of FOMO on top. Honestly if someone throws a few hundred bucks in a game he should have every single char plus a hand knitted t-shirt from Bruce Dickinson.

In other words: If they don't play nice - why should the players swallow the bitter pill and enjoy the day with a warm cup of "shut the f*ck up"?

I understand that one could complain about the tone in here sometimes - and I agree to a certain extent - on the other hand - this is fucking metal and no kindergarden (hence you sometimes think it is :) )

Hahaha, good words man!

I strongly agree with this that developers could be more professional in dealing with the players. We see this in ALL quality games: it will only grow up if you listen to feedback and improve based on it.

But I see both sides. They have heard us. The latest patch notes are an example, since HomemLivre posted a discussion topic about some characters and we later saw them getting more attention.

It's a lot that still has to improve, and they should have improved a lot already, but what we have to do is keep stuffing them until one side yields: either they listen to the players, or we will gradually abandon them one by one.

As I said in an earlier post, more clarity is needed. About the drops, what's happening with the game, the forecast of new releases (an annual calendar would be awesome), about our rewards (the interface does not collaborate much with that), etc.

I hope that in this silence of Sparton, Lexi and other team members, they are recording what we have said in the forum and thought about the best way to proceed. And hope that is what benefits our feedback rather than a mean and greedy attitude.

R1ck
04-24-2018, 12:04 PM
The Beast is f*cking ridiculous, his fury inflicts so many grey debuffs I don't even know what they are.
This shows how desperate are these guys for money, I bought some starter packs but to pay for a chance of getting the beast and have an OP toon, no thanks.

Liebhild
04-24-2018, 12:09 PM
I hail and praise NF for this wonderful event.

At the moment I am rejoicing: 15 souls and - nothing.

But NF is so great, one wonderful event after the next.

(Hope this post is OK and I don't get again a one week ban ROFL)

hold
04-24-2018, 12:23 PM
I hail and praise NF for this wonderful event.

At the moment I am rejoicing: 15 souls and - nothing.

But NF is so great, one wonderful event after the next.

(Hope this post is OK and I don't get again a one week ban ROFL)

I would ban you for 2 weeks for using sarcasm without putting it in proper tags! That is almost as nasty as saying "double the chance of getting X character" (you know in former times when the odds were a secret)

Mizrael
04-24-2018, 01:00 PM
OK! so let’s get civil: Thank you NF and shareholders for letting me spend 2700 Ironite on 30 event souls and awarding me with my 57th copy of the Pharaoh Dog King! ...and 1800 and not getting the Iron Eddie...and 1800 to not get PoM Eddie and the biggest thanks goes for not awarding me the Krampus nor Edward on the xmass eve after spending 330CHF on ironite ( that’s roughly 15000...yes FIFTEEN THOUSAND)! I really needed that to make me wake up and stop spending $$$on this app roulette.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this reward system...it’s just my high expectations....sorry about that.

Better Scott?

Stormseye
04-24-2018, 01:03 PM
Just posting my results - 16 Souls ( I always buy one) - 15 3* and 1 4* ABB (ironically I did not have him)

scott-5496
04-24-2018, 01:06 PM
Well on some of the points raised I agree but in the end it is the customers choice as to what they do or do not do. Customers have power - they can leave a product and go somewhere else as many have. That is their choice as it is with all of the other products we use day to day. I am a firm believer in the economics view of supply and demand - if people like something they stay, if not they go somewhere else to spend their time and money - my day may come on this too! I guess though this is a little different in a way as there is only one Maiden game to play so they have a monopoly.

satani
04-24-2018, 02:44 PM
well, my goal for the event is reached. 175 fights + bloodbrothers + 5x beast + wrath + prisoner.
I didn't even try to get the 5 beast-fights with only warriors or only gunners. (i don't even have a team for it ... well, maybe on one device, i could go with coalgiver and double red lilith, but there i already have the beast.

The bought souls (8-10 per device) only brought me 1 beast, 3x 4* dupes and 1 shaman eddie i didn't have.
From the crafted souls, only ONE got red and .... yes another 4* dupe.

On with the next event, let's get our dupes to the slaughter... or sacrifice.

Iced_Earth
04-24-2018, 02:49 PM
you should be happy that u have pulled the beast... seriously
did the 175 missions, 25 gunner games /15 warriors, bloodbrothers, prisoner etc and only got 3* dupes and one angel of pain, a dupe too ofc

natasar
04-24-2018, 03:11 PM
Cashed all 15 event challenge souls in and got red eyes twice for ACOTD and Iron Eddie, both non-dupes for me. One of the best RNG I ever had in an event.

Ironstyle
04-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Cashed in 22 souls...all dupes except for a Hellhound. All in all, a lot of work and resources for extremely little payout. But I expected it, so I'm not too upset. I learned you gotta keep your expectations low in this game. The toons will come...eventually.

Blade
04-24-2018, 03:38 PM
What I like about events like this:
- you play levels you haven't played for a long time (for me: I haven't played NOTB since I completed it long ago)
- you need to think about teams for the class demands (challenging, and for me autoplay was not safe enough, so I had to play manually! Great! Never did that for a long time apart from PVP)
- you may need to rely on your troopers (was the case for me for the warrior challenge, as I don't have a single sharded warrior Eddie)
- the other way round: you can help out your troopers
- no problem if you dont finish all missions as we all know about the drop chances

What I don't like:
- only event soul frags as rewards. Why not adding some other nice stuff? Especially for the newer players, that cannot finish the NOTB levels?
- missed chance to apply some creative ideas together with such an event (examples: double rewards from levels, lower price for refills and XP-up, higher drops of normal souls/rare souls from levels for the upcoming sacrifice event, double gold for selling items... etc. -> those things don't hurt (short duration of the event), but would show some generosity)

Cannot comment on the drops, as I did not cash in the souls by now.

Patrice-1201
04-24-2018, 04:16 PM
Iron Eddie is a beast bigger than Beast

7son
04-24-2018, 07:15 PM
I quit doing microtransactions. Every time I do I have a two week unlucky streak.

MrFreeze
04-24-2018, 07:32 PM
Cashed in 22 souls...all dupes except for a Hellhound. All in all, a lot of work and resources for extremely little payout. But I expected it, so I'm not too upset. I learned you gotta keep your expectations low in this game. The toons will come...eventually.

I used to think that too, but after 22 months, I’m now starting to realize it’ll be impossible to complete the collection without spending thousands on souls. Not doing that. Not spending anything at this point.

Ironstyle
04-24-2018, 07:41 PM
I used to think that too, but after 22 months, I’m now starting to realize it’ll be impossible to complete the collection without spending thousands on souls. Not doing that. Not spending anything at this point.

Ah, yes. Well, let me be clear...I only mean that we will eventually get a toon we don't have at some point in history...not that we will ever complete the collection. There are far too many being released far too quickly to ever complete the collection.

That aside, knowing how the gauntlet will be played, the constant new toons are good. Gives the players more opportunity to play it; when it's released, of course.

As I stated in an earlier post, I'm giving LotB until the tour. If there's no new real playable content, I will bow out for a while, if not permanently.

kkkreg5
04-24-2018, 08:22 PM
I quit doing microtransactions. Every time I do I have a two week unlucky streak.

I feel the same here. After 9 more Infernal souls from event missions, still no red eyes. Really seems like the few that pay are punished, while those that say they don't or haven't are always on the "lucky" side of RNG...

T-Man
04-24-2018, 08:44 PM
1 red eyes from all the mission event souls. Another dupe of a recent dupe. Waste of time. Not wasting any ironite on this. I’m done.

Bring on the sacrifice event. Can we expect that to start Friday?

Sick
04-24-2018, 08:44 PM
I don’t understand all the complaints about RNG here. The chance to get what you want from Event Souls is way below 1%. You must be totally nuts to spend your Ironite on this.

hold
04-24-2018, 09:27 PM
I don’t understand all the complaints about RNG here. The chance to get what you want from Event Souls is way below 1%. You must be totally nuts to spend your Ironite on this.

You know that because you read the forum. Others don't as the chances are well hidden. I wonder how many are actually opening that little exclamation mark. The chances of the drops should be in every announcement of an event and on every advert screen. But that would ruin the dodgy business model of a slot machine.

Zerynx
04-24-2018, 10:47 PM
Disappointed with this one as well. Didn't get the Beast, only got one 4 star toon out of about 30 souls. Feels pointless and I'm 1800 + ironite lighter.

I guess I think if you buy a 10 pack you should get more than 3 star Ox Cultists.

I guess I also think if you have an event for a new toon there should be a clear, defined way to get it. Not a clear defined way to "random chance, maybe - probably not" get it. Not saying it has to be easy, but the chance element needs to be saved for non event things.

No new thoughts, just echoing what others are saying.

JJJ428
04-24-2018, 10:49 PM
This is the best event ever, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I took the 15 free souls I got from grinding and got TWO beasts!!! This has to be the most awesomeness event of all events nothing will top this not even the immortal soul event we had last year. You guys should just do what I did and you would have two beasts too its just that simple. Not sure what you guys are doing wrong. :)

(hope most know I am kidding about my excitement, while funny that I did get two beasts I know the history with soul events and will still never drop any ironite for them.)

infinite dreamer
04-24-2018, 10:52 PM
28 Event souls opened (finished all except the win 400 cosmos battles). No Beast, but I got a sen souless demon dupe, a sen golden son dupe, an undead crimean soldier dupe, a gunner mayan priestess. Happy about the gunner priestess and surprised to see the crimean soldier. Hope the sacrifice event is a good one cause I have a lot to get rid of.

Ironstyle
04-24-2018, 11:02 PM
Despite the crap drop rate, one thing this event did right, much like the last one, is adding event requirements beyond 'play x many times'. Throwing in class requirements forces players to experiment outside their comfort zone and use toons that otherwise collect dust. I hope we see a bit more of this in the future. Maybe even with talisman requirements (not the BNW tails though)

infinite dreamer
04-24-2018, 11:07 PM
Despite the crap drop rate, one thing this event did right, much like the last one, is adding event requirements beyond 'play x many times'. Throwing in class requirements forces players to experiment outside their comfort zone and use toons that otherwise collect dust. I hope we see a bit more of this in the future. Maybe even with talisman requirements (not the BNW tails though)

Good point, it gave me a reason to evolve and build up a warrior pyro soldier and use the trooper Eddie. More events like that would be good. With better drop rates!

Zerynx
04-24-2018, 11:37 PM

This was the one positive. Agreed.

druid138
04-25-2018, 12:00 AM
Just the 15 Achievement Souls for me. No Beast, but a couple 4* dupes for the upcoming Sacrifice event. I think this is the first time in a long time, maybe ever, that I didn't buy any event souls directly with ironite. But, I didn't like the extreme "fear of missing out" feel on this one, and I just didn't feel right supporting it with ironite.

I definitely agree with others that the class-based achievements were great and a lot of fun.