PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Eddie (Warrior Type)

Kaz_LOTB
04-27-2018, 02:00 AM

PASSIVE

King of Men
Immune to all negative effects.

BASIC SKILLS

Conqueror’s Price
Deals physical damage to a single target.
Steal One Beneficial effect, including Golden Effects, for each negative effect on the target.
Damage dealt increases based on the enemy’s and your MAX HP.
LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 10/15/20/25%

Domination
Grant Armor Penetration to all allies for 2 turns
35% Chance to Ignite, Bleed, and Block Beneficial Effects on the target for 2 turns.
LV 2/3/5 DMG+ 10/15/25%
LV 4 Effect Chance +25%

Onward March
Remove Immunity and Invincibility effects, including Vanish and Golden Effects.
Gain Perfect Immunity for 2 turns if an effect is removed.

POWER SKILLS

Pain and Glory
Gain a Thorn Shield and Heal Shield for 2 turns
70% Chance to Taunt all enemies for 2 turns
Instantly Gain an Extra Turn.

Pitched Battle
Increase your MAX HP and ATK for the duration of the battle.
Lower the ATK and MAGIC of the target for the duration of the battle.

Devastating Strike
Deals 30% of your Max HP as physical damage to a single target.
Heal all allies based on your Max HP

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 3 Warrior

Cefiar
04-27-2018, 02:24 AM
Q: For Pitched Battle, does it also causes damage?

If not, then "LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 10/15/20/25%" is probably wrong and should be effect?

JJJ428
04-27-2018, 02:42 AM
Is there an early leak?

Nicko
04-27-2018, 02:44 AM
No - he’s yours for 2500 FC in the store

Maybe he’s what I need to beat your Beasts!!!!!

Jofer16
04-27-2018, 02:48 AM
No - he’s yours for 2500 FC in the store

Maybe he’s what I need to beat your Beasts!!!!!

******wave

Kaz_LOTB
04-27-2018, 02:51 AM
Q: For Pitched Battle, does it also causes damage?

If not, then "LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 10/15/20/25%" is probably wrong and should be effect?

Post updated to fix the typo for that skill. Sorry about that.

-Kaz

OdoyleRules
04-27-2018, 02:55 AM
Well, that escalated quickly. Apparently you haven't read all of the pissing and moaning about the money grabs. 'And then go ahead and totally redeem yourself!' ~ Dumb and Dumber

Amarthir
04-27-2018, 02:55 AM
For such I high price I really don't dig the single target hitter aspect of this character. Well, who knows, my opinion might change once I get him next year.

Jofer16
04-27-2018, 02:58 AM
Well, that escalated quickly. Apparently you haven't read all of the pissing and moaning about the money grabs. 'And then go ahead and totally redeem yourself!' ~ Dumb and Dumber

lol, I posted that redeem meme the other day to some fool, good man.

Nicko
04-27-2018, 04:09 AM
I have a Trooper with him so I took him on the Underworld SQ. It’s always fun to test drive the new toy. Some cool moves - but I have to say - seeing the Fury meter fill and then not having a Fury was kind of a bummer.

I have a feeling all the fury will be here on the forums ;)

Yup
04-27-2018, 05:57 AM
Wait.. he has no Fury move???

JJJ428
04-27-2018, 10:48 AM
I think the biggest question is someone has him already?!?!?!

Kurzgesagt
04-27-2018, 11:17 AM

Search Overlord-5988, probably the only guy that has him.

Sick
04-27-2018, 11:24 AM

If you are ready for the investment, you’ll probably also buy Eternal for the next weeks. He seems to be a perfect match to your Beasts.

Metallicamilo
04-27-2018, 12:15 PM
I think it's too expensive, I dig the immunity to all neg. Effects but I get on better with three liliths and a support Eddie. If it weren't that expensive... Maybe this character is thought to be played on the gauntlet. Let's wait and see.

edsel
04-27-2018, 12:36 PM
MR is weakness so hit with Lady Azov and 7th Son..not going to say he is worth the expense4535

Blade
04-27-2018, 12:48 PM
He looks really cool, I appreciate the artwork! I am at 1900 FC, but still miss 2 Liliths... so I will wait how things turn out and when the next events take place with Lilith fragments! Anyway, thanks for sharing edsel!

Patrice-1201
04-27-2018, 01:41 PM
MR is weakness so hit with Lady Azov and 7th Son..not going to say he is worth the expense4535

hey that's my Team ;-)

Coletrain
04-27-2018, 03:02 PM
Kaz, this might be a stupid question, but if his passive makes him immune to negative effects, what is the point of Onward March granting Perfect Immunity? I haven't cross referenced other characters for synergies yet, but I don't see an obvious benefit to duplicating immunity...

JJJ428
04-27-2018, 03:03 PM
He can’t have any buffs stolen by most people.

Yup
04-27-2018, 03:16 PM
There are toons which disable passive.

He appears to be a counter-Beast Eddie.

Still surprised there's no fury move.

Coletrain
04-27-2018, 03:32 PM
Ah, Passive Disable and keeping beneficial effects, I suppose those count :p

Still seems like an interesting choice for an Eddie to have a passive, but I can see the usefulness.

Yup
04-27-2018, 04:33 PM
I bought him.... value for dollar was never my issue with the purchases. 5000 ironite, 2000 iron coins, 10 skill shards, the Mythical souls (Got VHE and Nomad dupes). The purchases are fine. I think the 2500FC for Alex Ed is a bit much, that's where I think the overpricing comes into play. Especially if more toons will be released at this price level. I feel 1000FC or even 1500 FC is more realistic for the bulk of the user base.... but what do I know.

I will say he is absolutely the anti-Beast Eddie. Can farm NOTB madness blindly with him using G and W Liliths. The Liliths may die off at the Beast... Alex Eddie never even comes close to death (at level 90). So.. I can auto-replay and farm NOTB and get the largest gold drop for a level of the game (9k+).... I guess there's value in that. Self-tested defense in PvP, not impressed. My attack teams defeat him quickly. But I haven't fully powered him and adjusted talismans that much.

I still think the achilles heel is the passive. All a team needs is to disable passives and he can be crippled easily and subsequently killed.... so take the Prisoner to any battle against Alex Ed.

It would have been nice, since he has no fury... to use that.... as in a power move which drains Fury and converts it to Power or converts it to healing or heal based on fury meter.... But I suppose on a team with another fury toon, such as the Beast (which I don't have), Clairvoyant, CG, etc. that's not really an issue.

ill
04-27-2018, 07:17 PM
If anyone wants to play with him you can add me as a trooper: ill-5347

Sponholz
04-27-2018, 11:40 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I am seeing a lot of potential here...

His passive is a Fury move from the start of the battle... how can you all not see this?

A Fury move usually is a powerful attack followed by a powerful effect right?

Would it be better if it was something like this: Alexander Eddie does a high-hitter dmg move and gains immunity from negative effects for 3 turns. (this effect can't be stolen or removed).?

I mean he has an awesome effect since the start of the battle, he has the Fury effect on always, and if he can hit hard it's like he can do a Fury move every and each turn.

And the best part is coming: He have 3 Red Slots mandatory, do you know what this means? Valor Talismans will wreck on him!!! If the talis works like Echo ones, the echo talis work like a passive cant be disabled/removed/stolen, and if his immunity from all negative effects works against the "-X% HP" moves, I can foresee a Great Eddie with Valor Talis, that will:
- Have immunity to ALL negative effects.
- Have 6 Fierce Talis, HUGE ATK value there.
- Will have a HUGE Health pool that CAN'T be reduced.
- Will remove a Golden Buff on every action from all units of the opposing team.

Alexander paired with Valor can be a menace to the meta.

Oh but he is Single target....

Single target toons will be a valuable thing cause of, for example: Green Lilith post may update.

Of course this is my prediction/theoretical vision of Alexander Eddie.

... Cmdr. Ed. Out!

PS: Some input regarding him vs Prisoner would be nice. (But even if the passive is disabled he will ppbly have the passive up the next turn making him immune to Prisoner from that point on).

Yup
04-27-2018, 11:59 PM
Spoon.. passives can be disabled though... that make it a less "awesome" thing for me anyway :)

I have Prisoner.. testing defense.. it's pointless. But sure, face a team without the prisoner and he's decent. And I posted, he's fantastic against the Beast (and Iron Eddie)

I agree there's potential... he hits pretty hard and he's not an easy kill overall.. but, well, true damage just blows him up.

JJJ428
04-28-2018, 12:17 AM
How does passive disable work on him? I thought passive disable is a negative effect how can it be put on him?

Sponholz
04-28-2018, 12:43 AM
Spoon.. passives can be disabled though... that make it a less "awesome" thing for me anyway :)

I have Prisoner.. testing defense.. it's pointless. But sure, face a team without the prisoner and he's decent. And I posted, he's fantastic against the Beast (and Iron Eddie)

I agree there's potential... he hits pretty hard and he's not an easy kill overall.. but, well, true damage just blows him up.

But he is not awesome now... wait until Valor is released, and on the next rounds is he affected by Prisoner debuff? In theory he would be affected on the first round only.

... Cmdr. Ed. Out!

Amarthir
04-28-2018, 12:54 AM
But he is not awesome now... wait until Valor is released, and on the next rounds is he affected by Prisoner debuff? In theory he would be affected on the first round only.

... Cmdr. Ed. Out!

Love your idea on the Valor Talismans, hopefully they don't come out $30 a piece amirite?

Yup
04-28-2018, 01:42 AM
is he affected by Prisoner debuff?

He's not immune if passives are disabled... It would be fantastic if even passive disable was seen as a "negative" effect.. not sure why it's not.

He was the first one dead on that side (autoplay).. but the defense team won.. so..... Full powered, all skill shards, 5 star level 50 talismans (2 Strength sets and 1 class set.. I haven't played with talismans much yet)

FarmerEddie
04-28-2018, 03:13 PM
Tried out Reidon's Alexander instead of my Samurai in my GoL X autoteam (AG, HH and WNBoL) and they cleared it in 4 minutes flat instead of the usual 6-7 with a lot less close calls. No one even came close to dying and the DK was down on the 4th turn. Not bad at all considering the AI were dealing with.

Yup
04-28-2018, 03:51 PM
Yeah in PvE he's practically unkillable everywhere. He seems to be, at least to me with my relics, easily killable in PvP. But with the right support team...

He's not immune to the HP block either.. so "immune to all negative effects" seems to be discounting a couple at least.

Tim28213
06-21-2018, 07:22 PM
I thought Alexander was supposed to be immune to all negative effects.
In Arena Iron Eddie kept hitting him and leaving negative effects. Does Iron Eddie have something or is there a way to make Alexander get negative buffs like this?
This was pretty far into the fight, I don't think prisoner disabling effect should have been in play and it occurred even after Prisoner was dead in this fight.

Stormseye
06-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Buggy stuff for sure. I have been chain stunned and had disable passive on two of my characters with Angel talismans so my turn was skipped.

Yup
06-22-2018, 03:14 AM
Prisoner seems to at times (invisibly) disable passives more than what you can tell. And I wouldn't put it past him to be doing it after death either.

Also note that Alex Ed is supposed to be immune (if passive isn't disabled) but he can't remove debuffs if they are already there... so if they are extended.. the stick around if they ever got applied to begin with.

Leviathan
06-22-2018, 06:34 PM
I thought Alexander was supposed to be immune to all negative effects.
In Arena Iron Eddie kept hitting him and leaving negative effects. Does Iron Eddie have something or is there a way to make Alexander get negative buffs like this?
This was pretty far into the fight, I don't think prisoner disabling effect should have been in play and it occurred even after Prisoner was dead in this fight.

Thanks for this screenshot! I've sent it along to the team and they'll look into this further.

Greyhame
11-03-2018, 02:25 AM
Would you guys say that Alexander Eddie is worth it in the current meta?

Ever since I started playing, I saved my Frontier coins and, when they released Alexander, I knew I wanted him. After almost a year, I am getting close. I started playing the game because I am a Maiden fan, since the 80s, so Eddies are my most sought after characters.

Now that there are Egyptian gods available for Frontier coins, am I silly to get Alexander? I have Horus and Osiris from the event but not the other three. And I don’t have Warrior or Magus Lilith.

HuckFinn150
11-03-2018, 11:50 AM
A cool Eddie should be aquired just to have. I have Eddie's I never play anymore like carriage rider, but I still love him, even if he's almost useless. Still playing with talismans to try and change him though....

Greyhame
11-05-2018, 01:10 AM
A cool Eddie should be aquired just to have. I have Eddie's I never play anymore like carriage rider, but I still love him, even if he's almost useless. Still playing with talismans to try and change him though....

Thank you! I realise that I feel the same way. A different choice, say multiple Liliths, might be smarter from a PvP perspective but, really, I don't care about my Arena rank at all (I run a single 3 star Speed of Light Eddie as my defense and I get enough Iron Coins for the effort I put in). I am more interested in having one of each character in the game with Eddies as first priority. And an Eddie on a horse is too good to pass up! :D

HuckFinn150
11-05-2018, 01:51 AM
@Greyhame Amen to that.

Yup
11-05-2018, 03:33 AM
Thanks for this screenshot! I've sent it along to the team and they'll look into this further.

I've noticed that Alex Ed, at times, gets neg effects as well. I assumed it was due to passive disable with no visible buff.. which has been an issue since the last Prisoner update. Since The Prisoner was on the opposing team in that screenshot.. that MIGHT be a possibility there. Disable Alex Ed's passive and he can take negative buffs. Because Passive Disable is the only "negative effect" he appears to NOT be immune to.

EnricoPalazzo
11-05-2018, 08:22 AM
I've seen the Prisoner put a passive disable on my Alexander some times, I do not think that should be possible. Once that hits, all debuffs can be applied, of course.

Fudjo
11-24-2018, 02:04 AM

BASIC SKILLS

Domination
Grant Armor Penetration to all allies for 2 turns
35% Chance to Ignite, Bleed, and Block Beneficial Effects on the target for 2 turns.
LV 2/3/5 DMG+ 10/15/25%
LV 4 Effect Chance +25%

Domination deals physical damage to all enemies, not to a single target.

Olevipoeg
12-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Picture from last event. It seems prisoners don't respect Alexander at all.

Fight4life
12-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Picture from last event. It seems prisoners don't respect Alexander at all.
Well, it does say “can be countered by passive disable” in his description... ;)

rags-6094
09-12-2019, 05:44 AM
On the above point, Alexander’s Passive definately says “Can be countered by passive disable effects”
So if this is the case why have we all simply accepted that after the start Passive disable no longer can effect Alex?
Is it possible that he is broken? Should PD be the key to Alex Eddies downfall the same way it is the key to bringing down The Ferryman?

I am currently one of hundreds of defences using the Alex/Charlotte/Major Malakhov team.
I am pretty keen to move on from this as my defence but more so discover a team that can counter them.

I’m all for an entertaining arena battle even if it means my loss, I can appreciate when the defence creator has truly discovered something new, for example Stormseye’s defence (which I have noticed has been copied a few times btw)

I probably should have saved the latter part of this post for another thread, but could the Devs just cast an eye over the workings of Alex Eddie or adjust the description please, it could be the difference of the boring as defences we are currently seeing in the arena.
Cheers rags

Olevipoeg
09-12-2019, 07:17 AM
On the above point, Alexander’s Passive definately says “Can be countered by passive disable effects”
So if this is the case why have we all simply accepted that after the start Passive disable no longer can effect Alex?
Is it possible that he is broken? Should PD be the key to Alex Eddies downfall the same way it is the key to bringing down The Ferryman?

I am currently one of hundreds of defences using the Alex/Charlotte/Major Malakhov team.
I am pretty keen to move on from this as my defence but more so discover a team that can counter them.
Cheers rags
Malakhov's weak spot is Charlotte. This works on Arena but has very little use in Gauntlet. I have used Gauntlet hard teams as defence on Arena and got no valuable information from attacking teams. :(