PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Coin Shop Update - Alexander Eddie Debut!

Kaz_LOTB
04-27-2018, 02:00 AM
Alexander the Great...Became a legend ‘mongst mortal men.

New Character: Alexander Eddie!

First he conquered the world, now Alexander Eddie is here to conquer Legacy of the Beast. He is a high health, high damage Warrior capable of controlling and dominating his targets with ease. Alexander Eddie is also the very first Eddie to feature a powerful Passive instead of a Fury skill that makes him completely Immune to all Negative Effects! His skills also:

Grant Armor Penetration to all allies
Taunt all enemies forcing them to attack his Thorn Shields while he heals from the damage
Grant himself increased MAX HP for the duration of the fight while also lowering the ATK and MAGIC of enemies
Removes Invincibility and Immunity effects, and gains Perfect Immunity if an effect is successfully removed

Alexander Eddie is a 5 star Warrior now permanently available in the Frontier Coin Shop for 2,500 Frontier Coins. Check out more on Alexander Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10082-Alexander-Eddie-(Warrior-Type)&p=71545#post71545).

Amarthir
04-27-2018, 02:10 AM
Holy Jesus, 2,500 frontier coins??? Does he also grant my account perfect God RNG for life? That price is horrific. Also, I don't see anywhere in his skill set about him having increased max health and lowering an opponent's attack and magic stats.

Askora
04-27-2018, 02:20 AM
Holy Jesus, 2,500 frontier coins??? Does he also grant my account perfect God RNG for life? That price is horrific. Also, I don't see anywhere in his skill set about him having increased max health and lowering an opponent's attack and magic stats.

He's only $200, just have to buy the mythical soul packs. It's very quickly becoming pay to play or you'll always be behind the meta.

DIEDD
04-27-2018, 02:22 AM
"and we sell mythical souls in the store and that by buying them will be rewarded with 1250 frontier coins, so with two purchases they already have their new eddie"
What happened NF? it seems that every time you need more money ...

kkkreg5
04-27-2018, 02:30 AM
"If they don't want to buy him for $200, they'll eventually get him in about 2 years." "Hope we're still around then! Ha ha ha!!"

Reeb99
04-27-2018, 02:39 AM
His name strikes fear into hearts of men?

Amarthir
04-27-2018, 02:42 AM
His name strikes fear into hearts of men?

His name strikes fear into the hearts of the f2p lmao

DIEDD
04-27-2018, 02:48 AM
His name struck fear into wallets of men... WTF! with the price of the mythical souls.

RobG-9641
04-27-2018, 02:51 AM
Will be easy to spot the big spenders with Alexander Eddie. What’s the expression? A fool and their money are soon parted... how desperate someone must be if they drop $200 to have bragging rights for being one of the first to have him.

Kaz_LOTB
04-27-2018, 02:53 AM
I don't see anywhere in his skill set about him having increased max health and lowering an opponent's attack and magic stats.

The post has been updated to fix the typo with that skill. Sorry about that.

-Kaz

MrFreeze
04-27-2018, 03:04 AM
Dropping a $200 eddie while we continue to wait for gauntlet, night city, silent planet, the guilds that we’re mentioned, raids and such that go along with guilds, etc...(with no word of what might be holding everything up) is kind of a slap in the face in my opinion.

I never thought I’d do more than take a short break from this game at times, but it’s getting stupid.

OdoyleRules
04-27-2018, 03:08 AM
Dropping a $200 eddie while we continue to wait for gauntlet, night city, silent planet, the guilds that we’re mentioned, raids and such that go along with guilds, etc...(with no word of what might be holding everything up) is kind of a slap in the face in my opinion.

I never thought I’d do more than take a short break from this game at times, but it’s getting stupid.

Agree. This is a bad move, but there will be no damage control on this one, again. Project Manager?

Askora
04-27-2018, 03:26 AM
Funniest thing is, I didn't see him mentioned in the game pop-up or on their fb page. Just throw him in there and try to get people to spend more money with no new content. Maybe they're closing the doors when the tour starts.

Yup
04-27-2018, 03:32 AM
An all single target hitter .. no thanks..

WAY overpriced.

What are the base stats? 6000HP?? 200 ATK?

surfingwithdje
04-27-2018, 03:40 AM
Seriously I can't understand the 2500 frontier coins price ? With 1 eternal soul and 1 trooper soul per month, it needs more than 1 year for have the 2500 frontier coins (maybe a little less with the lilith souls). Is there another way yo get frontier coins ?

Yup
04-27-2018, 03:45 AM
I think this may be the straw which breaks this camel. Just ridiculous pricing for a clearly underpowered character.... and still no new playable content.

.... and yeah.. surprised the Beast isn't beside him for 50000FC or something. Oh wait.. that's for next month....

DIEDD
04-27-2018, 04:26 AM
Funniest thing is, I didn't see him mentioned in the game pop-up or on their fb page. Just throw him in there and try to get people to spend more money with no new content. Maybe they're closing the doors when the tour starts.

is the same strategy as with the beast: "spend your money now, the beast is only for a limited time and you will not see it for a long time" then when everyone lost their heads and spent money "the beast will return and be guaranteed everybody".
NF is using such dirty and disrespectful strategies that it seems like a damn joke.

druid138
04-27-2018, 04:48 AM
For me, the issue is simply transparency. When the Liliths came out, lots of players with a ton of FCs used them for Liliths, not knowing that LoL fragment events would make her pretty attainable soon after.

Now, we have a guaranteed exclusive Eddie for FCs. I think this is actually a very cool idea and in line with what a lot of players have been asking for.

The issue is the cost, especially in light of the Lilith experience. Spending such a large amount of FCs (which are the slowest accumulating resource in the game) without having any idea of what they may be needed for down the road seems crazy, except for players willing to spend big $.

My vote is to keep Alexander in the FC Store, make him closer to 1000 FCs, and give players more detailed advance notice about future resource requirements.

DIEDD
04-27-2018, 05:08 AM
My vote is to keep Alexander in the FC Store, make him closer to 1000 FCs, and give players more detailed advance notice about future resource requirements.

they probably reduce the price, when enough people have spent enough money...

Reeb99
04-27-2018, 05:18 AM
His name strikes fear into the hearts of the f2p lmao

Heh, no kidding. :-)

Nifelheim
04-27-2018, 05:24 AM
Frontier coins can be obtained free, think long term goals guys

Nicko
04-27-2018, 05:42 AM
For me, the issue is simply transparency. When the Liliths came out, lots of players with a ton of FCs used them for Liliths, not knowing that LoL fragment events would make her pretty attainable soon after.

Now, we have a guaranteed exclusive Eddie for FCs. I think this is actually a very cool idea and in line with what a lot of players have been asking for.

The issue is the cost, especially in light of the Lilith experience. Spending such a large amount of FCs (which are the slowest accumulating resource in the game) without having any idea of what they may be needed for down the road seems crazy, except for players willing to spend big $.

Great post!

Amarthir
04-27-2018, 05:47 AM

Think long term goals guys.. think very very very VEEERY long term goals guys.

For 1 Alexander Eddie, we can get 3 Mythical Souls, or 8 trooper souls.

Moonchild-6759
04-27-2018, 05:59 AM
I hope this is an indication that we’ll soon see new content where these coins are easier to obtain.

Askora
04-27-2018, 06:02 AM
Think long term goals guys.. think very very very VEEERY long term goals guys.

For 1 Alexander Eddie, we can get 3 Mythical Souls, or 8 trooper souls.

If the game is still around, and if anyone is still playing at that point.

Sparton_LOTB
04-27-2018, 06:42 AM

See, I respect everyone's concerns and complaints, but this just makes it seem like we can't win.

Lilith: We're transparent about being able to get the character later via FC coins and fragment grinding? Totally evil.
The Beast: We indicate the character won't be available for a while at a bare minimum and not have it available soon after for FC coins or fragment grinding? Still evil.
Alexander Eddie: Add a new, long term goal that people can work towards while providing people an option to short cut it without everyone just getting that long term goal for free immediately? Straight evil.

Like, I can't look at any of the above approaches and see how we could have handled Alexander Eddie better (without making him basically a joke to get for our most engaged players, which I'll touch on in the other half of my post).

The worst part is that if we were any more transparent and then anything changed (such as reconsidering Lilith drop rate, FC prices, or future availability), people would still call us evil.

Legacy of the Beast is a live game that is constantly evolving. We do our best to help make players a part of that journey and to provide clarity for that, but the roadmap (clearly) isn't set in stone. Things change, new additions are sometimes added at the last minute, and sometimes things we hope come out by a certain time end up slipping.

There are many people that still have north of 1000 Frontier Coins, and I'm pretty sure anyone who's active enough to be on top of collecting Trooper, Eternity, and Lilith souls can easily see that they can get Alexander Eddie well short of the 12 months that someone else theorized (who even also theorized that they weren't accounting for Lilith Souls... of which many people have collected so many they already have all 5...). And all of that assumes no Frontier Coins earned from events, future features, etc.

And while I understand wanting to be able to get long term goals immediately... if you could without any real effort, they wouldn't be long term goals, and that defeats the point of us adding them as such. Like, if you wanted to add a cool Eddie as a great long term reward for amassing Frontier Coins, and you wanted it to take longer than just 2-3 months to get... what would you realistically price it at?

Sick
04-27-2018, 07:41 AM
Well, good answer Sparton. I guess the complaints would be a lot less, if the $200 deal would not be available. It seems to be unfair that most will work long term on this char, while a few can just buy it immediately.

reaverfx24
04-27-2018, 07:55 AM
I was thinking about the price of those mythical soul packs. Wouldn't it be advantageous to you to have the price at say £25 and have 1000 people (probably way more) buy it than have a bare minimum (say 100 people) buying them at 100 bucks?!

Moonchild-6759
04-27-2018, 07:55 AM
See, I respect everyone's concerns and complaints, but this just makes it seem like we can't win.

Lilith: We're transparent about being able to get the character later via FC coins and fragment grinding? Totally evil.
The Beast: We indicate the character won't be available for a while at a bare minimum and not have it available soon after for FC coins or fragment grinding? Still evil.
Alexander Eddie: Add a new, long term goal that people can work towards while providing people an option to short cut it without everyone just getting that long term goal for free immediately? Straight evil.

I, for the most part, agree with you Sparton. Most of the time people are not fair in their feedback regarding new additions. A lot of this seems to come from the frustration of not getting the new char - for example the beast.
This is a quite predictable reaction, if i may say so, and to some extend you should expect it.

People play this game, for the most part, because they love the iron maiden lore, this includes myself. The problem is that content are so rarely being added and we have no estimate of when something comes. The latest real addition was BNW which was release in August (aka 8-9 months ago at the time of writing this). After this you've been doing events, a lot of which have been good and have inspired the use of "unused" characters for the sake of completing certain challenges in the cosmos world or elsewhere. But the fact that the only stuff happening for the last good half a year is: "This new char is obtainable by doing this and that in this and this situation" makes people frustrated.

Then, and this is my main point, this results in people being very annoyed when you release a new char that is only obtainable by a long term grind. We have then no "new" content to play (here i even go as far as including events in new) for quite a while as what could have been an event or new content resulted in a character, that might be cool and rewarding, but requires the same grind that have been going on for 8-9 months to continue for another half a year. Still without any indication of when new content will arrive.

I believe that you are, at NF, making an enormous mistake by keeping your cards so tight. You kept the release day of BNW hidden for a very long time and other releases have also been announsed very late. I believe if you gave us all a date for the release of Night City or Gautlet or any of the other features you've been talking about you would see a far more possitive attitude towards events and event special characters.
Right now people are pissed due to the fact that the added characters are the only new stuff to the gave they love and the collection of the later ones have been pure RNG or some half-a-year marathon.

I hope this discussion can take a turn to be constructive, this goes out to everyone. We will not gain anything by complaining. Try your best to explain the problem and the chance of NF listening will be far greater.

Moonchild

druid138
04-27-2018, 08:11 AM
Lots of fair counterpoints to my post, Sparton. I still wonder, though, what characters might become available via FCs over the next six months or so. 2500 FCs is a lot to part with even for the most engaged players if alternative options might be appearing soon.

Unwon
04-27-2018, 08:24 AM
quite expensive packs I'd say. I would've bought if it was 50 +- pounds.

Patrice-1201
04-27-2018, 09:10 AM
One thing to consider is that the Assassin and Gunner packs will guarantee a 5* Eddie 🙂 so all in all a pretty good deal considering you get 5k ironite was well

blade685
04-27-2018, 09:39 AM
2500 coins no comment, the game go in the wall............

scott-5496
04-27-2018, 10:13 AM
Blimey this was a bolt out of the blue - or was it? LOL. Anyway, I see this as a fine addition and goes with the flow of the way the game is changing. We all need long-term goals and this is juts another one. The price is really steep and I could buy loads of them if I wanted as I am not short of cash but I am not that kind of person in life - I never chuck money much at anything unless I know what I am getting - here you do know and yes it will take ages but then so does almost eveything else in the game.

I do agree with a few others though that the game does really need new playable content - the events are great, keep them coming like you have been. That soldier event was superb - my fave in a long time and more of that would be great for all of us. I think patience is the key for me anyway. Sometimes I am and sometimes I am not - my own personal RNG! Will I buy this or not - maybe, maybe not.

The big thing for me is what will buying this character do for me - that is what I ask myself everytime I consider a purchase or a toon or ironite or whatever it is in life. I could buy the strongest roster in the game no problem, but in the end what would it do for me. I might get eternal is the only answer and really that does not mean anything to me in terms of the title or what you win for that (my roster is as complete as it can be with RNG and the recent sac event got me a few new Eds which was great) but being number one in the world while it sounds cool would mean a massive, massive time commitment (which I am not willing to do) and a cash/ironite investment and maybe the hope that another player is not big time going for it which is of course outwith my control - well it might make me feel good to be the number one player in the world for a week but really that is it. With the prizes at the moment in PVP being what they are I think it is people playing for the number one spot only and the title eternal - certainly not the loot.

As ever I am rambling!

The main thing of all of this revolves around patience or not. We all have a degree of patience or else we would not still be here playing this game - right? So lets wait a bit longer with this long term goal - as other s have said new a middle stage players still have goals in the game as they still have content to beat/play against. The rest of us doent but we do I suppose have events to make things a little more interesting...oh and I forogt the main thing.....

NF is a BUSINESS mostly owned by Iron Maiden Holdings Ltd - while they are in it for the fans and making new music (and winning new fans) they are also in it for the money - they have to be, they have shareholders that need dividend for their investment. They have to make money or there is no game for us to play and collect characters. So lets not be suprised with a free to play game looking to make money - it has to or no more game. We dont even know it makes any money - maybe Iron Maiden Holdings are doing this to give something back to the fans to do when not listening to Maiden music - I am not sure the online accounts (Companies House) can really tell us that either way but the company seems to be reasonably healthy in a money sense but it has accounts that are not that different in size to the smallish consultancy company I work for every day here in the UK. So I guess that at the moment the game is not making loads of money for Maiden - one nights takings from a gig and merch would likely be more than a month of income from the game, maybe a lot more than a month. So part of me thinks that the game is for the long run for the band or it would have been gone by now. Clearly the new tour is a massive push for the brand of the game - named after it and very heavily referenced in promo material - the band need to develop new revenue streams as they get older and maybe stop touring as much or make less music they need to be able to get income from elsewhere and to keep the brand relevant and making money.

Shit, I really do ramble!

Anyway, I am all good with it.....just please give us some real new content or a timeline for it that we can be sure will happen. Other then these new toons there is nothing to do for us of any meaning - the arena is a relic zone. Most likely I will keep digging away for relics but at the moment I just do not have the time or energy to battle the top 50 or so. It is just not worth it as 'entertainment' to me - getting owned in one round or hardly getting a shot away - is just a bit boring. I like a challenge but some of the teams (while strong no doubt about it) have a defence bonus and/or RNG on their side most of the time and/or characters I dont have so what is entertaining about that?

I wonder if we could ever have the leagues I have mentioned elsewhere - leagues/divisions within a league or something like that?

Anyway, ramble over.

MrFreeze
04-27-2018, 11:26 AM

Like, I can't look at any of the above approaches and see how we could have handled Alexander Eddie better (without making him basically a joke to get for our most engaged players, which I'll touch on in the other half of my post).

The worst part is that if we were any more transparent and then anything changed (such as reconsidering Lilith drop rate, FC prices, or future availability), people would still call us evil.

Legacy of the Beast is a live game that is constantly evolving. We do our best to help make players a part of that journey and to provide clarity for that, but the roadmap (clearly) isn't set in stone. Things change, new additions are sometimes added at the last minute, and sometimes things we hope come out by a certain time end up slipping.

There are many people that still have north of 1000 Frontier Coins, and I'm pretty sure anyone who's active enough to be on top of collecting Trooper, Eternity, and Lilith souls can easily see that they can get Alexander Eddie well short of the 12 months that someone else theorized (who even also theorized that they weren't accounting for Lilith Souls... of which many people have collected so many they already have all 5...). And all of that assumes no Frontier Coins earned from events, future features, etc.

And while I understand wanting to be able to get long term goals immediately... if you could without any real effort, they wouldn't be long term goals, and that defeats the point of us adding them as such. Like, if you wanted to add a cool Eddie as a great long term reward for amassing Frontier Coins, and you wanted it to take longer than just 2-3 months to get... what would you realistically price it at?

I don’t see the point of long term goals while everything concerning new playable content sits idle. We’ve all got our longterm goals already. Waiting for NC, SP, etc. It honestly makes me kind of sad that I’m so close to deleting this game.

natasar
04-27-2018, 12:17 PM
One thing to consider is that the Assassin and Gunner packs will guarantee a 5* Eddie
True for the Assassin pack but not the Gunner one (Prisoner is a potential pull as a 5* Gunner).

Blade
04-27-2018, 12:39 PM
True for the Assassin pack but not the Gunner one (Prisoner is a potential pull as a 5* Gunner).

There is a 5* Child of the Damned in purple!

Anyway, I would never ever spend that money on a game! But feel free to do so, as we need more servers, more NF employees for new content and bug fixes. Someone has to pay for that!

blade685
04-27-2018, 12:41 PM
109€ for a character in a game and possible a dupe
It is the price for 1 year of one of the most expensive "real game" WOW
They are so funny, they must return in the real world ;)

hold
04-27-2018, 12:56 PM
Legacy of the Beast is a live game that is constantly evolving.

Thanks for the laugh - I needed that today. But in the last few months:

evolving = cash grabs

and not

evolving = new content

Sorry, but constantly evolving is not even evil - that's plain ridiculous. Painting chars in a new colour and deliver FOMO for overpriced stuff isn't evolving - it is indeed evil.

blade685
04-27-2018, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the laugh - I needed that today. But in the last few months:

evolving = cash grabs

and not

evolving = new content

Sorry, but constantly evolving is not even evil - that's plain ridiculous. Painting chars in a new colour and deliver FOMO for overpriced stuff isn't evolving - it is indeed evil.

+ 1000 ;)

Sponholz
04-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Sparton, I Like you man, I really do, I know you are doing your job and, to be honest, you are indeed good at calming most people down here on the forum.

But...

The price is too damn high, I can understand all that you said, and still, the price is too high, I mean there is a LOT of things to be bought with Frontier now, 5x Liliths = 700 x 5 = 3500 Frontier Coins, plus 2500 from Alexander = 6000.

Ok I know we don't have to buy everything, I got it, but again, this is a game about collecting characters (sadly the only "new" content we get every and each month), and using myself as example, who plays daily, by the time I get 2500 FC, I am pretty damn sure another character will be available there, making the "Long term" commitment a perpetual one.

We are almost at the 5th month of the year, 4 full months have passed, 1/3 of the year gone... and I will just leave this here for you:

Legacy of the Beast State of the Nation 2018 (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9690-Legacy-of-the-Beast-State-of-the-Nation-2018)

And I must ask: Only Relics (which I still think were rushed, but whatever) was delivered, with so many promises made on that post, do you really think NF will deliver what was promised for 2018? If you ask me, I would say, hell no.

...Cmdr. Ed. Out!

Nicko
04-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Sparton,

NF is lucky to have you on board - I see many of your points – well articulated as always. Your frustration came through in the last post; not in a bad way – but an authentic way – and authenticity is always good. It’s appreciated.

But obviously there are a good amount of frustrated players, and I think a lot of it has to do with sequencing, communication, and new content – or lack thereof.

Quite frankly I’m surprised you didn’t see this backlash coming. As soon as the opportunity to earn Alexander with Frontier coins was posted - combined with the soul packs - my friends and I said – “uh oh”.

When the Beast event came out – a toon that is probably the most desired, most legendary character in the Maiden collective (second only to Eddie) – everyone was obviously targeting him. Yes, there was a free way to get him – but it was a lot of work for that small amount of souls – and with the drop rates the odds were slim – and then shouts of “pay to win” come about because there was also the opportunity to buy souls. And of course more souls = more chances to win, but JJJ got TWO Beasts with a tiny number of souls – and I know one player who spent north of 10,000 Ironite and didn’t get him. So my point is while it wasn’t truly pay to win – even 10,000+ Ironite couldn’t buy him – it appeared that way at first glance.

Then – without any notice – all of a sudden Alexander comes out days after – without a Facebook promo or other notice – it compounded the situation. Yes, active players can earn FC (especially during the awesome Lilith and Allied Soldier type events) regularly – and some have a stockpile – but the focus for many was on those soul packs. Yet again – depending on the lens with one views this - it appeared as “pay to win” was rearing it’s ugly head. Again, as you pointed out - this is not the case. Time will earn him. But that will take a LONG time for many players.

My own thoughts on this? First, I think these issues are mainly issues for collectionists. Carlos, Fallen Angel, Kamuz, and every other top player will do just as well with or without The Beast and Alexander. New toons are fun – but neither of these are big difference makers. Everyone needs to keep that in mind. Second, the proximity of two super-desirable toons released back to back - with an increased (or guaranteed) chance of getting them by shelling out dollars for souls or soul packs – was just awful sequencing. Live and learn – but I don’t think it’s difficult to see how it created a sour taste for many players. You made good points on the individual merits of each event – but the sequencing bombed in the context of today’s playing environment.

And what is that environment? It’s the main issue here – the recurrent theme - and that’s lack of new content. I think if these had been nestled within new content – a different reaction would have been had. But when the only new thing going on in the game is the opportunity to add new toons – with an opportunity to accelerate that via purchases – the p2w theme will rear it’s head. Is it true? Ask Carlos - of course not – it’s “pay to accelerate the process of collecting all toons” – but owning The Beast and Alexander will not matter in the arena. That requires two Beasts ;)

I see your perspective on wanting to get Gauntlet right before beta. Release it too soon and the forums will light up with rants about bugs. But wait too long and your player base may be too far gone. When Slauki tapers off that’s an ominous sign. Night City and Silent Planet are SOON as in an acronym – Seriously Overpromised Obviously Never. Are these ever coming?

To wrap up, as I’ve said before we all make our own choices in life. We know what this game is about in it’s current state and it’s our choice to participate and to spend resources – both time and money. Any one of us can just walk away. But no one here wants that - we all want this better – so even though being a developer requires some pretty thick skin – I don’t think it’s difficult to see where the sentiments on this thread are coming from – and learn from them moving forward.

Sponholz
04-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Well said Nicko, I guess we are on the same page regarding the worries about the game.

I always said that If I didn't liked LotB I woudn't spend a LOT of my time reading and replying here.

... Cmdr. Ed. Out!

PerthEddie
04-27-2018, 03:23 PM
Just want to try another spin on this. As some of you know I am a casual player these days and don't play the game every day. I should know this but I can't remember but is the only way to get Frontier Coins is by opening Eternal Souls? If it is then how is a casual player who doesn't play Arena supposed to get this character? The only way I can see is to buy 2 of the expensive store packs. So, do I pay $200 to get this new Eddie or, keep my money in my pocket, wait until October and spend half that amount on Red Dead Recemption 2 for my PS4 and get loads more fun with that? Sorry NF - you lose :-/

Yup
04-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Perth, you also get FC via Trooper and Lilith souls. So you can buy the 50 per week trooper frags with trooper badges... then once a month get a trooper soul and subsequently 100 FC. Of course, that's 2 years of time before you have 2500FC that way. And it assume you don't want to spend FC on anything else, existing or the next 2500FC toon to be released.

I feel, they are pricing things for the people who have been playing for 2 years and have been at the top of the arena for a year or more. My strong impression is, Devs aren't pricing content for the bulk of users, only a select few with stockpiles.. same thing they did with Relics. Reward 1-5% of players.. forget the other 95-99%.

Nicko
04-27-2018, 05:11 PM
Perth, you also get FC via Trooper and Lilith souls. So you can buy the 50 per week trooper frags with trooper badges... then once a month get a trooper soul and subsequently 100 FC. Of course, that's 2 years of time before you have 2500FC that way. And it assume you don't want to spend FC on anything else, existing or the next 2500FC toon to be released.

I feel, they are pricing things for the people who have been playing for 2 years and have been at the top of the arena for a year or more. My strong impression is, Devs aren't pricing content for the bulk of users, only a select few with stockpiles.. same thing they did with Relics. Reward 1-5% of players.. forget the other 95-99%.

I see this as different from relics - and I would agree with you that relics favor the long term player. Those players had a stockpile of IC and the purchase of relics directly improves arena performance.

Frontier coins, however, are a fairly new addition so a lot of players right now are on equal ground. And most of the toons that can help in the arena like Lilith are achievable after a reasonable amount of consistent playing. Alexander may be considered the new exception - he'll take forever.

It does beg a question though - this game is ftp - but also has to stay in business - and that means making a profit. If the same benefits were extended to those who choose to not pay for just a little more effort - why would anyone choose to pay? They have to extend a fairly significant benefit to those who support the game financially. I get it. As I mentioned both the Beast and Alexander are elective - you can play and be just as competitive in PvP without them.

The model may not me to everyone's liking because things can be considered pretty expensive and I've seen it argued NF would come out better with more reasonable prices because more players would then purchase items and support the game. That may or may not be true - I'm sure NF has business specialists that consider all that and price accordingly. But ultimately they do have to make it worthwhile for those who keep the game in business.

Mercifal
04-27-2018, 05:26 PM
Looking at the horrendously high price of Alexander Eddie, I'm starting to suspect that NF has some sort of idea or plan for getting Frontier Coins. Maybe it will be a reward for the gauntlet, maybe they'll open the Silent Planet, who knows.

Yup
04-27-2018, 05:30 PM
I think I read a study someplace regarding Angry Birds.. and how less than 5% of players ever spend a penny... but that 5% made them millionaires.. so.... :)

The thing with FC.. is that if you had all the Eternals last year... got the Troopers shortly after their release months ago.. you've had nothing to do with FC up until the Liliths. If you got good drops during the soul event or frag events, you may not have needed FC to get any Liliths.. I only need to buy 1 Lilith with FC. So it's not difficult for long term players to quickly gain a stockpile of special in-game currency.

I kind of feel the pricing structure is based upon those stockpiles, not the average player. That's where I think there's a disconnect. Sparton specifically posted that "many players have over 1000 FC". I don't know how many "many" is.. but I wonder how that "many" relates to players overall as in 1% of players? 5%? 10%? 50%?

ill
04-27-2018, 05:48 PM
Happy to pass my crown over to Alexander. Feel free to add me to your trooper list if you want to take him for a test drive: ill-5347. Thanks Sparton, Kaz and crew for the addition. As always we appreciate all of your hard work. Also, I'm happy to provide support towards future investment in new content. Yes, I share frustration against the RNG. I would put my lack of luck up against just about anyone...but that's ok realizing I don't need every new character immediately to enjoy the game. Personally as a working professional an afternoon's pay every so often is worth the countless hours of entertainment. I'm also thankful to all my friends here on the forum who I've learned various strategies to enhance my game playing ability. Keep up the great work!

edsel
04-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Buying entertainment is something we all do at various levels. I appreciate all the work NF does. 200 dollar Eddie? Not today, but I do spend 10/month for ironite daily pack to have enough for events to run through the night to collect fragments like the recent soldier one. Back in 1986 I spent 5-10 dollars in quarters feeding the original hack and slash dungeon crawl video game called the Gauntlet (while listening to Maiden of course!). This one was very similar to Legacy, and when your player ran low on health you could put in more quarters to continue playing. The players, up to four at once in the arcade version, select among four playable fantasy-based characters: Thor, a Warrior; Merlin, a Wizard; Thyra, a Valkyrie; or Questor, an Elf. Each character has his or her own unique strength and weaknesses. For example, the Warrior is strongest in hand-to-hand combat, the Wizard has the most powerful magic, the Valkyrie has the best armor and the Elf is the fastest in movement. Killing enemy ghosts and "death", collecting potions, keys, upgrading skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mMJio2MO6w

MetalKing
04-27-2018, 06:32 PM
"kind of feel the pricing structure is based upon those stockpiles, not the average player. That's where I think there's a disconnect. Sparton specifically posted that "many players have over 1000 FC". I don't know how many "many" is.. but I wonder how that "many" relates to players overall as in 1% of players? 5%? 10%? 50%? "
Well I presently have only 150 FC. I will celebrate my year anniversary with lotb in may. I usually can only manage 1 vortex for each sac event. I would be willing to pay $50 for the new packs but $100 is way out of my price range.

Sparton_LOTB
04-27-2018, 07:41 PM
I was thinking about the price of those mythical soul packs. Wouldn't it be advantageous to you to have the price at say £25 and have 1000 people (probably way more) buy it than have a bare minimum (say 100 people) buying them at 100 bucks?!

If we thought that were the case we'd price it accordingly, but based on the purchase patterns derived from the hundreds of other items we've surfaced in the store, IAP or in-game currency, no, it really wouldn't.

I obviously can't get overly specific in here (can't be sharing trade secrets about exact performance on a public forum), but it's also pretty apparent when you look at other games with similar business models as ours. We aren't an outlier in this regard.

I believe that you are, at NF, making an enormous mistake by keeping your cards so tight. You kept the release day of BNW hidden for a very long time and other releases have also been announsed very late. I believe if you gave us all a date for the release of Night City or Gautlet or any of the other features you've been talking about you would see a far more possitive attitude towards events and event special characters.

Anyway, I am all good with it.....just please give us some real new content or a timeline for it that we can be sure will happen. Other then these new toons there is nothing to do for us of any meaning - the arena is a relic zone. Most likely I will keep digging away for relics but at the moment I just do not have the time or energy to battle the top 50 or so. It is just not worth it as 'entertainment' to me - getting owned in one round or hardly getting a shot away - is just a bit boring.

Aye, but that's the key: we don't have a release date for those. Or more accurately, we do internally... but it's changed numerous times, and there's no assurance it won't again if some other obstacle (business, personnel, etc) comes up, so I don't want to give false hope by putting out a specific date that has a high likelihood of changing.

Game companies aren't secretive about release dates because we hate our players. Game companies don't disclose specifics because they know players will ream them if anything gets delayed. And since internal delays happen a lot in this industry... game companies are secretive about exact dates.

Lots of fair counterpoints to my post, Sparton. I still wonder, though, what characters might become available via FCs over the next six months or so. 2500 FCs is a lot to part with even for the most engaged players if alternative options might be appearing soon.

The only plan I know of is related to the Gauntlet, and like I've said for anything relating to that... it's all subject to change as we refine the feature, so even then I can't tell you any specifics with regards to characters, non-character collectables, or prices.

One thing to consider is that the Assassin and Gunner packs will guarantee a 5* Eddie �� so all in all a pretty good deal considering you get 5k ironite was well

As natasar (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10083-Frontier-Coin-Shop-Update-Alexander-Eddie-Debut!&p=71607&viewfull=1#post71607) and Blade (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10083-Frontier-Coin-Shop-Update-Alexander-Eddie-Debut!&p=71609&viewfull=1#post71609) already responded to this, but to clarify, 3/4 possible 5★ Gunners and 2/3 possible 5★ Assassins are Eddies.

Quite frankly I’m surprised you didn’t see this backlash coming. As soon as the opportunity to earn Alexander with Frontier coins was posted - combined with the soul packs - my friends and I said – “uh oh”.

[A whole lotta good points]

While I can't get into all of the internal reasons and motivations, it is pretty clear that we tried... "different" things this month, and even though we can foresee the backlash for some aspects of it, we can assume there's gonna be backlash for pretty much anything new or different that we do. That of course isn't to say we'll just plow ahead, but things like adding Liltihs along side The Alchemist, Trooper Souls, and Eternity Souls as a long term grind was definitely met with a lot of frustration, but... I do feel like a lot of people have accepted and even appreciated how we did that long-term goal along side the ones that came last year, despite misgivings that happened in the immediate term when it was new.

Could we have handled The Beast and/or Alexander Eddie the same way? I don't think we could, since the Liliths were done in a way that there were 5 to collect so that people could get their feet wet and get one relatively sooner than completing the whole collection, and The Beast and Alexander Eddie are two singular characters (and two that don't really make the start of a sensible "set"). The feedback we have gotten has been immensely insightful, though, both for these more recent events and for general critiques we've had within the context of those new events and additions, and I've been discussing with Kaz and others on the teams what alternate ways we can address the concerns while continuing to expand the game (albeit at a pace that many will agree is slower than desired).

And yes, a lot of this circles back on the whole subject of needing new features and playable content, and not just new collectable content. Two major factors make just focusing on those a problem, though:

Resourcing: The short version for this is there is an amazing amount of art requirements to finish releasing a world, and you definitely can't do a "beta" of it, so it's very much an all or nothing matter. We need dozens of characters, some of which need their own animations, then a world map environment (done in 3 different ways due to difficulty), plus a dozen or so combat environments (again done in 3 different ways due to time shifting), plus dozens of lines of dialog that set the scene for Act 2 of the story, plus buy-in and approvals from the band and their representatives... basically, the quality bar has been set in a way that makes it extraordinarily difficult to release even a single world. We have done a lot of the work for Night City (and Gauntlet), and we've worked on streamlining that process so subsequent worlds can be released a at a far quicker pace than the addition of the 5th world, but there's no feasibly way to follow that in-game, so of course it feels like no progress is made, even if that's far from the truth.
Characters, not features, make the money: We're not interested in making $5 entry fees for features for a variety of reasons,* and thus the real revenue stream for the game will always come from getting and improving new characters (for collection purposes, for PVE optimizations, for PVP competitiveness, etc). Since we need to make money to continue to exist (since the game is free to download, and many people spend either nothing or very little even after playing for a year or more), we have to make sure enough of our man power for a given month is working on initiatives that keep enough money flowing in that we can keep the lights on, and can grow the business to the point where we can spend time on other initiatives that improve the business. I really can't get into a whole lot more specifics than that, but I assure you no one on the development team (or even the publishing team) is driving to the office in Ferraris.

*And no, spending on Sands of Time and Sands of War of course is part of our revenue plans, but they don't hold a candle to anything directly related to characters, and they likely never will.

Just want to try another spin on this. As some of you know I am a casual player these days and don't play the game every day. I should know this but I can't remember but is the only way to get Frontier Coins is by opening Eternal Souls? If it is then how is a casual player who doesn't play Arena supposed to get this character? The only way I can see is to buy 2 of the expensive store packs. So, do I pay $200 to get this new Eddie or, keep my money in my pocket, wait until October and spend half that amount on Red Dead Recemption 2 for my PS4 and get loads more fun with that? Sorry NF - you lose :-/

Yup (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10083-Frontier-Coin-Shop-Update-Alexander-Eddie-Debut!&p=71630&viewfull=1#post71630) clarified the other two major sources (Trooper Souls and Lilith Souls). There will also be other ways of getting Frontier Coins in the future (in addition to them being rarely featured in events); Mercifal (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10083-Frontier-Coin-Shop-Update-Alexander-Eddie-Debut!&p=71641&viewfull=1#post71641) pointed out some likely candidates. But yes, a more casual player will absolutely take longer to get an end-game reward like this compared to someone playing very actively, and that's to be expected for a long term goal that's targeted towards rewarding activity and optimizations for end-game players that have already collected the Troopers, the Liliths, the Alchemist, etc.

Yup
04-27-2018, 07:43 PM
200 dollar Eddie?

It's not though.. it's $200 for 5000 ironite, 2000 iron coins, 10 skill shards, a guaranteed New Eddie, Plus 2 4/5 star class characters, 2 sets of 5 class-specific Rare souls, and $500,000 gold.

I agree if it was JUST an Eddie for $200 it would be laughable. But there's more value in the purchases.

Mercifal
04-27-2018, 08:15 PM
Mercifal (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10083-Frontier-Coin-Shop-Update-Alexander-Eddie-Debut!&p=71641&viewfull=1#post71641) pointed out some likely candidates.

This is very good news. Knowing that there is / might be planned a different ways to earn FC will calm down some voices that complain about the length of gaining 2,5k just to get Alexander Eddie.

Aye, but that's the key: we don't have a release date for those. Or more accurately, we do internally... but it's changed numerous times, and there's no assurance it won't again if some other obstacle (business, personnel, etc) comes up, so I don't want to give false hope by putting out a specific date that has a high likelihood of changing. [...] Game companies don't disclose specifics because they know players will ream them if anything gets delayed. And since internal delays happen a lot in this industry... game companies are secretive about exact dates.

Well ... It depends (mainly from the community), but I think that some leaks from time to time would soften the tension among players regarding, "lack of content", like this one (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9690-Legacy-of-the-Beast-State-of-the-Nation-2018) or something similar.

Amarthir
04-27-2018, 08:17 PM
To be honest, the Mythical soul packs have fantastic worth in their value, If I could have it my way, I would replace the $99 special ironite pack in the store for it. Having it be a permanent addition instead of one legendary soul and some amount of rare souls would probably give more incentive to buy it. And since it's only a once a month thing, you wouldn't get too much too quickly.

Nicko
04-27-2018, 08:18 PM
It's not though.. it's $200 for 5000 ironite, 2000 iron coins, 10 skill shards, a guaranteed New Eddie, Plus 2 4/5 star class characters, 2 sets of 5 class-specific Rare souls, and $500,000 gold.

I agree if it was JUST an Eddie for $200 it would be laughable. But there's more value in the purchases.

That's true Yup. And value is always relative. Some people find value in designer labels - and are willing to pay 3x the price of another item because there is a little polo player on it. The more expensive a car gets the poorer the "value". But there's plenty of people driving Mercedes.

And how about hours of enjoyment? I look at my Comcast bill each month and shriek - especially considering I don't watch much TV. I spend a lot more time playing - or chatting with friends - about LotB. So one could argue it would make more sense to put dollars there.

And finally income. Someone making $30,000 may faint at the site of these packs - someone making $200,000 may buy all of them and not blink.

Ultimately this is a business - and Sparton gave a very honest and thoughtful response above. I'm sure there are skilled people looking at potential return on investment of all this stuff and even though some of the prices may infuriate the ftp player it is what it is. Free to play doesn't necessarily mean equal to the payed experience - or as i posted earlier - why the heck would anyone pay? I know a lot of excellent players who have kept their investments very minimal and received a lot of value from this game, so all in all it's been pretty fair.

There have been some efforts to bring some reasonably priced items like the 30 day Ironite pack. If the return on them is good - and people are buying them - we'll get more. If not - we won't see them and the bigger spenders will be targeted. Basic economics.

Sparton - you mentioned character releases keep the game running and I doubt that was a secret to anyone. But - those collectors will likely atrophy if it's not balanced with new challenges. I'm sure I'm not saying anything everyone isn't aware of - but I think the game is walking a dangerous tightrope right now. In any event, thanks for the transparency. Yes - it was obvious you guys were trying some new things - and the only way we learn is by doing exactly that - repeating the successes and learning from the mistakes. Onward and upward...

GrimDusk
04-27-2018, 09:06 PM
Dude you cannot honestly say that this is a “long term goal.” Fuck that.

slauki
04-27-2018, 09:07 PM
i know you guys are/were working on ads. if you let the players choose if they want to watch them (for random rewards), this could provide some extra $$$ i guess. curious why this was not implemented yet, this might give you more room to maneuver. sure it's a business and even if content doesn't provide you that much money it's needed to keep players on board. we are a very small group of players and many have left and many more will leave. not many more fish are there i feel, maybe the tour will help, maybe it won't. there is a limit to everyone, even the most loyal and hardcore ones will pull the trigger if the only thing you can offer them is playing powerslave mindlessly over and over.

i don't blame you guys personally i like your behaviour. your responses kept many guys in, despite the game not being that good at all, if we want to be honest. it just has the iron maiden theme and a lot of potential which seems unused. the last months lead me to the conclusion that the "desperation mode" was turned on and that not much will change at all...
everyone can ask himself what will happend if night city comes out or gauntlet. yeah exitement for how long, 2 weeks, 3 days or ony a few hours? that's what many of us needed to complete BNW as it was released. and what's next, waiting another year for the silent planet? we want the game to succeed but if i read something positive here it's just wishful thinking that has no connection to the things we could observe for 1,5 years now....so basicly we are lying to ourselves because we don't want to face the reality. nothing will change regardless of night city, regardles of gauntlet regardless of silent planet and regardless of some random chars/talismans for random prices.

Sparton_LOTB
04-27-2018, 09:28 PM
Sparton - you mentioned character releases keep the game running and I doubt that was a secret to anyone. But - those collectors will likely atrophy if it's not balanced with new challenges. I'm sure I'm not saying anything everyone isn't aware of - but I think the game is walking a dangerous tightrope right now.

It's absolutely a tricky balance, and that's why Kaz and I have been trying to generate as much possible play space with the tools we have, or at least with minimal assistance to add or improve on what we have from artists and programmers (so that they can continue to focus on bug fixes and new content like Night City). That's how stuff like Event Challenges were born, and I think we've started to find interesting ways to remix requirements and timelines for that to give at least of bit of a different "new challenge" kind of feel as an imperfect in-between, but it's definitely not the end-goal in and of itself, for sure.

Yup
04-27-2018, 10:40 PM
Honestly Sparton.. the newer grind events which are more akin to achievements... .. like "use all warrior for X" do indeed offer a bit of a "new" factor to the old worlds. It also causes one to look are rarely used characters possibly. The last "Beast with Warrior" made me realize I have no warriors that can grant immunity other than Trooper Eddie. So sure enough when the W Golden Son and W Pyro Soldier dropped this past week I kept them rather than throwing the back into the mixer which I've been doing for months. These are MUCH more interesting that the 150-300-400+ Arena wins events.

druid138
04-27-2018, 11:43 PM
Honestly Sparton.. the newer grind events which are more akin to achievements... .. like "use all warrior for X" do indeed offer a bit of a "new" factor to the old worlds. It also causes one to look are rarely used characters possibly. The last "Beast with Warrior" made me realize I have no warriors that can grant immunity other than Trooper Eddie. So sure enough when the W Golden Son and W Pyro Soldier dropped this past week I kept them rather than throwing the back into the mixer which I've been doing for months. These are MUCH more interesting that the 150-300-400+ Arena wins events.

I agree, Yup. PVE-based achievement events (even with just the existing content) have a lot of potential, in my opinion. Creating achievements to complete worlds with only certain types of teams (specific toons, classes of toons, specific or no talismans on toons, etc.) could bring more fresh life into PVE.

T-Man
04-28-2018, 04:01 AM
I think the issue for end game players, at least for me is there is nothing to do in the game at this point. This has been touched upon in the thread. All there is to do, and for some time now, is try and collect all the toons. This just adds to the grind. These high cost, and limited toons just ad to the frustration.

AtG Ed is extremely costly. I haven’t even complete the Lilith collection, and now we have another toon soon after. The Beast also just before Alex. Which only 3 days to get him is a punch the gut. Anyway, all we can do is grind the same ole over and over towards AtG. This lacks in motivation, and fun quite honestly.

Grim was another long term toon, but there was a more interesting path towards him. The same can not be said of this new Ed.

My $.02 for whatever it’s worth.

rags-6094
04-28-2018, 05:06 AM
I agree with most people's comments 700 near broke me for a third Lilith guess if I wanna be top 50 or better I'll have to suck it up and pay the money b.t.w in the process of getting the 2 x 1250 coins you would likely get a couple of cool new characters. Worse scenario sacrifice them all you'll get round the vortex mighty fast!

rags-6094
04-28-2018, 05:14 AM
I meant to mention I just took on Reidon who has the new Eddie, his other characters died very quickly, but it took me a long time to overcome Alexander and the taunt :mad: Well fortunately I'd already cleaned up his others or it would have been quite different.

hold
04-28-2018, 09:15 AM
Characters, not features, make the money: We're not interested in making $5 entry fees for features for a variety of reasons,* and thus the real revenue stream for the game will always come from getting and improving new characters (for collection purposes, for PVE optimizations, for PVP competitiveness, etc). Since we need to make money to continue to exist (since the game is free to download, and many people spend either nothing or very little even after playing for a year or more), we have to make sure enough of our man power for a given month is working on initiatives that keep enough money flowing in that we can keep the lights on, and can grow the business to the point where we can spend time on other initiatives that improve the business. I really can't get into a whole lot more specifics than that, but I assure you no one on the development team (or even the publishing team) is driving to the office in Ferraris.

Thanks for being so open but that paragraph just says: Nothing will change. Hmmmm ...

And I read through the whole thing again to find anything positive here. But:

Telling the crowd that is waiting for something like an eternity for real new content that it is not easy to develop a new world and takes a long time basically says that in between new content will always be something like a year? I do believe that there is effort needed to make new worlds - but a year?

That Alexander the Great has no fury makes me suspicious that there were no more ressources to develop a great looking fury? (Or Slauki called it desperation mode!) For what he should be he really is a bit pale - I just played him from a trooper.

If creating long term goals (like to get Alexander) is equal to "grind 2 years on autoplay" I really have to change my view or the definition of fun.

Slauki lost faith - game is doomed.

Reeb99
04-28-2018, 12:40 PM
I know you have to make money. However, the current pvp environment is beyond stupid, and it's only getting worse. I have a feeling this is a last-gasp attempt to keep the game afloat, and it's only driving people away.

The relics + ridiculously overpowered characters + a ridiculous AI accuracy bonus = people wanting to delete everything and start over somewhere else.

OdoyleRules
04-28-2018, 01:17 PM

I would completely agree with Yup here. Even though I didn't get the Beast, that event was fun. I used a handful of characters that I haven't touched in awhile. I don't have to play on Zombie mode.

edsel
04-28-2018, 01:28 PM
I would completely agree with Yup here. Even though I didn't get the Beast, that event was fun. I used a handful of characters that I haven't touched in awhile. I don't have to play on Zombie mode.

This sentiment is true, we can utilize dusty players in creative ways to make the challenge happen. Instead of creating new content, making the current content challenging and forcing us to strategize and actually hit buttons to win instead of trooperauto/zombie mode. I had the same issue as YUP with warrior class, ended up sharding Run to the Hills and realized he was actually useful, damage scaling on enemy hp made him great at killing boss. Many of us have large teams and only use a few, forcing the quest requirements with creative combinations of skills and classes is smart for NF because everything already exists and fun for us who have done everything and are wanting the game to be challenging again.

The Educated fool
04-28-2018, 05:50 PM
Slauki lost faith - game is doomed

/Thread /Forum :cool:

Saigrim
04-28-2018, 06:28 PM
Is it odd that I don’t share any of the complaints in this thread? Being a life long Maiden fan I just enjoy firing the game up to see Eddie, run the daily Troopers, and pass a little time. I’ve been playing as long as the rest of you, I’m just silent for the most part on here. Though I read through threads almost daily. Where my discontent comes from is dropping real money ingame and not getting the Eddie I wanted. Case in point, Piece of Mind Eddie. I made four cash in app purchases, dropped a boat load of resources, a ton of time, and came up empty handed. These are the instances that piss me off and put a self imposed spending freeze in effect. I tell myself “fine, from this point on, not spending a damn dime till he drops!”. I’ve went months not ‘contributing’ to NF’s coffers because of it. I tend to buy stuff when I’m happy, and glad to do it. But getting stabbed in the ass, IMO, during an event, turns me sour and shuts me down. Oh, I’ll keep playing, but the money train is on hold for the time being. And it is pretty much only the Eddie toons I worry about. The rest will come in time. Alexander Eddie, while ridiculously over priced, will come in time also. Mostly because I am not going to spend my coins on anything non Eddie. And I can see I will eventually get him.

As far as the new content, I can wait, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it when it arrives. PVP I couldn’t give two shits about. I only ever bother with it during events for the most part. This game is a time passer, nothing more. It is the only mobile game I’ve ever spent a dime on or played over a week. That’s all Maiden.

kkkreg5
04-28-2018, 06:42 PM
Is it odd that I don’t share any of the complaints in this thread? Being a life long Maiden fan I just enjoy firing the game up to see Eddie, run the daily Troopers, and pass a little time. I’ve been playing as long as the rest of you, I’m just silent for the most part on here. Though I read through threads almost daily. Where my discontent comes from is dropping real money ingame and not getting the Eddie I wanted. Case in point, Piece of Mind Eddie. I made four cash in app purchases, dropped a boat load of resources, a ton of time, and came up empty handed. These are the instances that piss me off and put a self imposed spending freeze in effect. I tell myself “fine, from this point on, not spending a damn dime till he drops!”. I’ve went months not ‘contributing’ to NF’s coffers because of it. I tend to buy stuff when I’m happy, and glad to do it. But getting stabbed in the ass, IMO, during an event, turns me sour and shuts me down. Oh, I’ll keep playing, but the money train is on hold for the time being. And it is pretty much only the Eddie toons I worry about. The rest will come in time. Alexander Eddie, while ridiculously over priced, will come in time also. Mostly because I am not going to spend my coins on anything non Eddie. And I can see I will eventually get him.

As far as the new content, I can wait, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it when it arrives. PVP I couldn’t give two shits about. I only ever bother with it during events for the most part. This game is a time passer, nothing more. It is the only mobile game I’ve ever spent a dime on or played over a week. That’s all Maiden.

Agree with you 1000%! I'm no longer waiting for new content. Strictly collecting Eddies. Why NF, or some community members, feel paying for one or two will wreck "their economy" I don't understand. They release plenty of complementary characters to offset within the game. It's all about PVP, which is now disaster anyway. I'm a fan of the band and Eddie. Let me have them!

rags-6094
04-28-2018, 08:08 PM
"Originally posted by Saigrim"

.................................................. .................................

I also agree here I won't limit myself to just collecting Eddies but Eddie collecting is the main goal, there are so many long term goals surely it could not hurt NF to greatly increase odds of claiming a new character when the souls are purchased with real currency?

Saigrim
04-28-2018, 09:57 PM
Exactly, Rags

I want the other toons, and I do the events for them all, but they are icing on the proverbial cake. And I’d spend for the chance at them too, but can handle the being robbed a lot easier. Like the Beast. I dropped everything I had (would have bought more Ironite for the chance, but, well, PoM) to try and nab him. Alas, next time maybe.

I also feel if you are dumping real money for an event your odds should increase. The free to play people still get the same shitty odds as usual, but there should be better odds the more times you crack open souls.

Kamuz24z
04-29-2018, 04:45 PM
For real 2500 IC or 200 dollars forget it I will understand 1000 IC or 10 dollars the person who decided this prices is wrong there are not many people that are going to spend this much money for a toon I bought the new God of war for 60 dollars and there’s no way this Eddie is more entertaining than a 5 stars game or any console game in general
I bought those started packs just to support you NF I didn’t need them and Sadly this game is dying and is time you guys release something new not just characters and talismans
I’m also getting to the point to look for something new in mobile games I have only 2 games in my phone MSF and LOTB many of us have achieved everything in this game give us something new more levels to keep playing you can start by adding an god mode.

Kurzgesagt
04-29-2018, 05:12 PM
Exactly, Rags

I want the other toons, and I do the events for them all, but they are icing on the proverbial cake. And I’d spend for the chance at them too, but can handle the being robbed a lot easier. Like the Beast. I dropped everything I had (would have bought more Ironite for the chance, but, well, PoM) to try and nab him. Alas, next time maybe.

I also feel if you are dumping real money for an event your odds should increase. The free to play people still get the same shitty odds as usual, but there should be better odds the more times you crack open souls.

Yeah, all games that deal with RNG at one time or another put some kind of algorithm that protects players against bad luck, since it is natural for RNG itself to be frustrating. But what we see here in LotB, regardless of any doubtful explanation that the devs can give us, is that the RNG of the game increases your chances of getting things that you do not want, do not need or wait for a long time to have, but never comes.

Why? For any idiot to spend more money! What a terrible way to make people invest in your game.

Every day more I understand all our fellow troopers who have left us.

slauki
04-29-2018, 05:23 PM
For real 2500 IC or 200 dollars forget it I will understand 1000 IC or 10 dollars the person who decided this prices is wrong there are not many people that are going to spend this much money for a toon I bought the new God of war for 60 dollars and there’s no way this Eddie is more entertaining than a 5 stars game or any console game in general
I bought those started packs just to support you NF I didn’t need them and Sadly this game is dying and is time you guys release something new not just characters and talismans
I’m also getting to the point to look for something new in mobile games I have only 2 games in my phone MSF and LOTB many of us have achieved everything in this game give us something new more levels to keep playing you can start by adding an god mode.

it's getting more and more pay to win...one thing that wasn't discussed yet, is that you can buy 1250 FCs now several times. many think that's for the beast but in fact a whale can open his wallet and buy all liliths and all eternals/troopers too without playing one single trooer/arena match. that's really horrible imo. and well you are definetly right, there is nothing more to archieve here unfortunatly. we have to set our own goals like carlos with his 25k, and this is getting old. 1000 FC would be reasonable but 2500 is a horrible joke...

i like longterm motivations but playing one year or more to get one character is not a very smart motivational approach. goals have to be realistic if you want guys to chase them...

hold
04-29-2018, 06:10 PM
Yeah, all games that deal with RNG at one time or another put some kind of algorithm that protects players against bad luck, since it is natural for RNG itself to be frustrating. But what we see here in LotB, regardless of any doubtful explanation that the devs can give us, is that the RNG of the game increases your chances of getting things that you do not want, do not need or wait for a long time to have, but never comes.

Why? For any idiot to spend more money! What a terrible way to make people invest in your game.

Every day more I understand all our fellow troopers who have left us.

I can't see a niche game being sustainable with the business model being to ask for high prices for desired characters and still frustrate the majority of the players. I really don't like this freemium shit - I rather pay 20 bucks for a game and can play it offline and forever. The most stupid thing is if this goes bust - the servers are being switched off and everything is gone. When this happens I hope Iron Maiden takes the online part out of the game and release it as a offline enjoyment for the fans.

MetalKing
04-30-2018, 10:15 PM
new playing style and new content

New playing style leads to easy new content. I have an idea of how to create a league (guilds) that would immediately lead to more content without a lot of new coding. Make groups out of sets of troopers. Each group will be treated as 1 player on a leaderboard. The groups compete against each other and are ranked on the leaderboard. Have a weekly event where players gain individual event rewards for competing event objectives. Have additional rewards based on how your guild ranked on the leaderboard. These challenges would be objectives, AND also achievements. Rewards would be shards, soul fragments, whole souls, iron coins and frontier coins. There can be exclusive characters earned in these weekly events along with chances to get older characters. There can be free and paid offers that will help complete the objectives of achievements during the event. Adventuring can take place in different areas and with different teams to complete objectives and achievements. Then perhaps once a month a new zone could be added (like lord of light 11, or powerslave zone2, etc.).
How about some Alexander fragments first event??