PDA

View Full Version : A Heroic Debut - Earn a NEW Kind of Soul!

Sparton_LOTB
05-01-2018, 12:01 AM
A special new soul is now available with a much higher chance of Samurai Eddie and The Witch Doctor!

Heroic Souls are a new kind of soul that is debuting in this event. It has a small pool of characters that constantly rotates, making it an ideal soul to collect if you see a character you’re looking for in its pool or upcoming pool! You can find out more about this new soul in the bottom half of this post.

From now until May 7th, 5 PM PT, you can start earning the new Heroic Souls from Event Challenges! These event challenges are inspired by one of the currently-featured 5★ characters, the Witch Doctor! Clear cosmos quests and inflict negative effects that he utilizes to earn Heroic Soul Fragments!

What are Heroic Souls?

Heroic Souls are a new kind of soul that players can earn from the store and from select events. These souls guarantee a 3★-5★ character, but there’s a few important factors separate this soul from other souls:

The list of possible characters is much smaller. This means that if you see a character you want, it’s much more likely to be earned in that soul compared to other Rare-quality souls, or even Legendary-quality souls!
Every opening of a Heroic Soul will also give you 10 character fragments for a specific 5★ character. Collect 500 to get the guaranteed 5★ character!
The list of characters you can earn from it change every two weeks (both the randomly possible characters and the guaranteed 5★ character fragments). It doesn’t matter when you earned the soul; the character you will earn is determined when you open the soul, so saved up souls will change what they can give over time!

Until May 14th, 5 PM PT, each Heroic Soul opened will guarantee 10 Cyborg Eddie fragments, and will give you one of the following characters:

Samurai Eddie (5★ Warrior)
The Witch Doctor (5★ Sentinel)
Magus Undead Rescuer (4★ Magus)
Gunner Hellraiser (4★ Gunner)
Astra, Valkyrie Slayer (4★ Assassin)
Warrior Golden Son (3★ Warrior)
Magus Allied Soldier (3★ Magus)
Sentinel Corrupt Ox Cultist (3★ Sentinel)
Gunner Dog (3★ Gunner)
Burning Mummy Dog (3★ Assassin)

You can confirm what characters it currently can reward from the Heroic Soul page in the News Feed, which is accessible by tapping the scroll button in the top-right of the game’s Main HUB. This page will also indicate what the upcoming rotations will be for the Heroic Soul.

Methods to Collect Heroic Souls

Every month will have multiple events which reward Heroic Soul Fragments (not as many as this initial event, but at least enough for a few souls). In addition, we plan on adding Heroic Souls and Heroic Soul Fragments as possible rewards via other features as well, both current features and upcoming ones. We will announce such additions in game update threads as they happen.

Additionally, Heroic Souls are also available in the store at all times, but are limited to a certain amount of purchases per month.

Regarding 5★ Character Fragments from Heroic Souls

Because of the high requirement for the 5★ character fragments, it may seem like you’d need an impossible amount of Heroic Souls to earn the character. But fear not, as the Heroic Soul will eventually rotate back to previously featured character fragments, and we will also have other events in the future that will award these 5★ character fragments. Use Heroic Souls to kickstart your collection to earning these iconic, meta-defining characters!

Coletrain
05-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Interesting, this sounds like a nice way to get some of those random characters you may be missing.

Side note: I didn’t see this message (or a May event teaser) in game, are those forthcoming?

90mphyorker
05-01-2018, 12:15 AM
Hopefully I can finally get Astra. Only character I am missing from that list.

Iced_Earth
05-01-2018, 12:16 AM
No mai Event teaser?

druid138
05-01-2018, 12:28 AM
The path to my elusive Cyborg. Great news!!

How many Heroic fragments are needed for a Soul?

OdoyleRules
05-01-2018, 12:34 AM
I've grown quite fond of that Witch Doctor, and his Doom ability.

Liebhild
05-01-2018, 12:35 AM
Pff, no owls

Sponholz
05-01-2018, 12:40 AM
Just checked here, and decided to log and say that this is a step on the right direction.

Good news for those who still play.

T-Man
05-01-2018, 12:41 AM
This looks to be a very nice addition. I’m missing the witch dr. Hope he drops.

Where is the May calander?

Amarthir
05-01-2018, 12:47 AM
Nice permanent addition. Good thing I already have Witch Doctor, Samurai Eddie and Cyborg Eddie or else I'd be a bit too excited

Kurzgesagt
05-01-2018, 01:00 AM
I'm so happy to see this new addition that I'm even with a silly grin on my face. I really want to complete this event. Very well guys! You are finally moving in the right direction. All my ironites to get Cyborg Eddie!

Up the Irons!!! \ ,, /

Amarthir
05-01-2018, 01:13 AM
Well I don't see any drop rates for the heroic souls but with only 10 characters I can't imagine they'd be that low.

Funny story, I'm going through skull quests and got just one rare soul, but out of that soul came a Witch Doctor. Well wow, event already half over lmao.

OdoyleRules
05-01-2018, 01:29 AM
I like this, a lot. I don't have Edward the Great and currently have all of the characters in the first round. Save the frags, I shall.

FarmerEddie
05-01-2018, 02:21 AM
I like these mission type events. Let's hope the witch doctor pops out of one of those souls with a ooo-eee ooo-a-a 😁. One of my very few missing characters. The crimson pup makes really quick work of the acc down missions. Green buzz works real well for blocking buffs. Val too but tends to use her power move too much. Was running grim reaper throughout those for a few Fury Dooms on the side. Now it's Grimmy, purple buzz and eda (really high special to fire off fury more often) with Zones to deal with the Doom missions. Good luck everyone getting your desired character.

kkkreg5
05-01-2018, 03:05 AM
These souls seem to have a greater chance of something good dropping. I just hope that other 5* Eddie's are also made available through the fragments every two weeks.

Yup
05-01-2018, 03:23 AM
Kudos for offering some easier ways to get harder characters.

I don't currently need any of these, but it's nice to offer a higher probability.

(Now.. be prepared for the rants about only getting the 3 star dogs and owls :) )

hold
05-01-2018, 05:12 AM
While this is certainly a nice addition - it's just another insane grind for guaranteed stuff.

About the Heroic Souls itself - I'm not too excited: 1.5% for a 5*, 9.5% for a 4* and 89% for a 3*. There is a reason why those numbers are well hidden ...

At least with AoP, Green Buzz and Grim Reaper those missions are rather easy to fulfill on autoplay ... but it's just pressing a few buttons and let the device run - doesn't fulfill my definition of fun yet (hint: new playable content!)

Patrice-1201
05-01-2018, 08:53 AM
I really like the concept behind those heroic souls. Great that they are fragments as well so we don’t need to convert them until the character we are after shows up.

Well done devs!

Iced_Earth
05-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Still: no event Teaser, NF?

ManuBros72
05-01-2018, 12:33 PM
Which are the best Eddies / Toons / Talismans for collecting the event achievements?

RustyColt1860
05-01-2018, 12:33 PM
What characters have doom?

Patrice-1201
05-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Yes the Teaser is un it’s own thread... clansman Eddie is coming...

Sick
05-01-2018, 12:41 PM
What characters have doom?

Witch Doctor and GRE

Tim28213
05-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Eternity Eddie's fury has a chance at Doom.
Assassin Undead Rescuer also has a chance for Doom.

T-Man
05-01-2018, 01:40 PM
The Alchemist power move also has a chance to doom.

Fudjo
05-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Which are the best Eddies / Toons / Talismans for collecting the event achievements?

Lower Accuracy: Fear of the Dark Eddie
Block Beneficial Effects: Speed of Light Eddie
Doom: Eternity Eddie

Just grind on Powerslave (Madness) and you'll hit those checkpoints pretty quickly. In less than a day, with one Sands refill, I've completed Lower Accuracy, reached halfway to Block Beneficial, and have 40 Dooms.

dragonmat89
05-01-2018, 02:20 PM
A question about the souls themselves: if I claim the souls and keep them 'whole' in the book of souls for a number of weeks, rather than as fragments, will the characters I could get from the souls change between the time I claim them and the time I eventually open them? I understand that this should be the case but I want confirmation as I quite often get repeat notifications if I don't claim souls from fragments straight away. Thanks/=.

Yup
05-01-2018, 02:32 PM
The report is ..... the character is determined by the SOUL itself. So keep fragments until you need a character then convert it to a soul at that time. Once it's a soul, my understanding is that soul's character is set.... and it doesn't matter when you drop the soul into the BOS, you'll get that character.

T-Man
05-01-2018, 04:35 PM
A question about the souls themselves: if I claim the souls and keep them 'whole' in the book of souls for a number of weeks, rather than as fragments, will the characters I could get from the souls change between the time I claim them and the time I eventually open them? I understand that this should be the case but I want confirmation as I quite often get repeat notifications if I don't claim souls from fragments straight away. Thanks/=.

From Sparton on page 1 of this thread.

The list of characters you can earn from it change every two weeks (both the randomly possible characters and the guaranteed 5★ character fragments). It doesn’t matter when you earned the soul; the character you will earn is determined when you open the soul, so saved up souls will change what they can give over time!

DIEDD
05-01-2018, 05:54 PM
one question... the guaranteed 5 * characters (Cyborg, VHE and the others) will change with the months? I mean, this month will be these and the other month could be 7son, POM, or another character? or they will be the same forever.

Alvorada
05-01-2018, 06:40 PM
The perfect character for this event is one of the top prizes: the witch doctor.

His basic can apply lower accurancy on single targets and power move can inflict doom and block beneficial efects to all enemies.

By the way, heroic souls are a good adiction to the game.

scott-5496
05-01-2018, 06:47 PM
'Nearly' done on this one other than the standard cosmos numeric grind and doom - I used GRE, Val (with Zone talisman) and then a mix of Crimson dog and then Sentinel CR. Zones are worth using as they can generate doom though it is an 8 power cost! Just got 212 doom to do (!!) and then the cosmos grind.......590 of those to go!

Yeeha!

MetalKing
05-01-2018, 06:58 PM
I'm setting my champion as grim reaper Eddie to help with the quest.

GotN
05-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to share my success team for all missions:

Coalgiver- lower accuracy for 2 turns on basic attack
Sentinel Undead Rescuer- 75 % Block beneficial effects on basic attack
The Alchemist- 25 % Doom on special attack (cost 5); alternative: assassin undead rescuer with same stats (cost 6)

Sparton_LOTB
05-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Side note: I didn’t see this message (or a May event teaser) in game, are those forthcoming?

We wanted to give this new event some time to shine first. The Teaser's been up for a bit over here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10095).

How many Heroic fragments are needed for a Soul?

50 Heroic Fragments per soul.

Well I don't see any drop rates for the heroic souls but with only 10 characters I can't imagine they'd be that low.

We had some delays with getting it up right away, but it was there pretty soon after the event launched.

However, because the Heroic Soul is a new, persistent addition, it's not at the top of the list. It's right now sitting between the class mythical souls and the class rare souls (although I'm probably going to be sitting down with a teammate to clean up that ordering at some point this week).

one question... the guaranteed 5 * characters (Cyborg, VHE and the others) will change with the months? I mean, this month will be these and the other month could be 7son, POM, or another character? or they will be the same forever.

The featured 5★ character fragments will change every 2 weeks, but they'll be featured again as the bonus reward for Heroic Souls eventually.

In addition, 5★ character fragments will also be featured separate from the Heroic Souls as event rewards as well.

Mariner-1212
05-01-2018, 09:38 PM
The Heroic Souls are a very nice addition to the game, good job NF. One of the key missing elements was the ability to work towards specific souls like the fragments do. You've managed to handle it as yet another long-term goal again (seems like it could take months to amass 500 frags for one character with the 2-week increments), but it's an improvement nonetheless.

Now, what do we need to do to get a Raid system built for guilds here, based on a Somewhere In Time land? Do you need me to outline a plan for it? If I put together a database schema and some concept plans as a starting point to jump from, can we work towards that? Let me know what we can do to help get something like that in place.

Stormseye
05-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Second Heroic soul I got Witch Doctor! Now I can get the Doom done since I had no Doom characters except GRE whom I never use. For the others I used

Warrior Possessed Rockets - Target - Deals 3 Hits of Physical with 50% to lower Accuracy for two turns Power Move launch 30% chance to Block Beneficial Effects

Val, Starblind 35% to Lower Accuracy and 35% to Block Beneficial

Set Witch Doctor as my champ for anyone else that needs him on my Trooper List

Ironstyle
05-01-2018, 10:22 PM
I dig the heroic souls. Nice way to allow players to go after specific characters. I will be sitting out the current three line-ups as I have all the characters they are offering. Hoping to see a SSE or Iron Eddie next time!

All in all, decent event that can assist with building our roster in anticipation for the Gauntlet.

Edit: misspelling

Reeb99
05-01-2018, 11:21 PM
Lower accuracy went quickly with the Crimson P. Dog. I'm over half way on the block beneficial effects with a Pharaoh Sun Spirit (red mask thing). The doom looks to be the challenge. Running GRE + a zoned out Gunner Dog for that at the moment.

Yup
05-02-2018, 02:54 AM
1- Ox Cultist :)

Still.. I like this overall addition and the ability to collect frags for various 5 star characters.. even if I got them all the hard way :) (damn it!)

rags-6094
05-02-2018, 04:44 AM
So I'm not wrong in thinking that even once I have completed this 2 weeks event quests I should just hang onto the Cyborg Eddie fragments (there simply isn't enough to claim him in 2 weeks) as the wheel will turn and "somewhere in time"
More Cyborg Eddie fragments will return right?

Rain88
05-02-2018, 05:04 AM
So I'm not wrong in thinking that even once I have completed this 2 weeks event quests I should just hang onto the Cyborg Eddie fragments (there simply isn't enough to claim him in 2 weeks) as the wheel will turn and "somewhere in time"
More Cyborg Eddie fragments will return right?

Pretty much from my understanding too. Either buy with ironite or wait... and unfortunately in LotB its the opposite of "time is always on my side" which is one of main business aspects of it.

rags-6094
05-02-2018, 05:20 AM
Love what you did there...

Kris-0707
05-02-2018, 10:32 AM
All quests done, just 300 ish battles left to complete all 750 and I decided to use first soul. I still can't believe what happened. I pulled Astra (finally) and I'm saving the other souls for next rotation. Hardly to say it for me, but well done NF, good event.

scott-5496
05-02-2018, 10:56 AM
That is all my doom stuff done - I finally used MCOTD (for the extra power and with only energy talisman on him), GRE and Val with Zone (for the extra doom). All on Powerslave Madness - so that is my recommendation to get it done pretty quickly on auto. Just the cosmos grind to go now (500 battles)! Quite an epic grind but only used three refills so far since it started so pretty happy with that.

Reeb99
05-02-2018, 11:16 AM
I do like gaining fragments for specific characters, even if I pulled a Cyborg last week.

I'm done with all but the overall battles and the Doom part. 190/400 on the Doom, so I'm making decent progress at least. I wasn't getting anywhere with Grim Reaper Eddie, so went back to my Zoned Cyborg. Using Assassin Undead Rescuer and the golden P. Dog with him. The AUR has a small chance to place Doom on his power move. Basically I set the AUR and GPD up with Energy sets so that Cyborg uses Zone as much as possible.

Kind of ironic that some of the top prizes in this event are the best ones to use for the Doom.

ManuBros72
05-02-2018, 01:57 PM
For the Doom achievement, I only have Grim Reaper Eddie, so I have paired him with a yellow team (Prisoner and Golden Son) equipped with yellow talismans for fast fury refills. Three yellow talismans for GRE and six for each toon.
This way I'm getting several dooms in each Powerslave battle (auto farming).

TheAlbatross-1864
05-02-2018, 02:11 PM
Spartan, I have a question about the souls.

Will navigator eddie ever be in the rotation? I would like to know so I can save my fragments for that time. Thanks.

Oh and are characters determined when the soul is created or opened for these particular souls?

rags-6094
05-02-2018, 06:03 PM
I have completed all the battles other than 300 odd cosmos, and I finally landed Astra to!
I agree good work NF!
I still wonder what the 3* vs 4* vs 5* ratios are for this event though?

JJJ428
05-02-2018, 06:26 PM
It says in the book of souls have to scroll down to the middle or so

Yup
05-02-2018, 06:29 PM
ox cultist... gunner dog (dup)... warrior newborn... gunner fatman (dup)...... :)

Alvorada
05-02-2018, 11:49 PM
First heroic soul: 3* dupe.

Second heroic soul: magus undead rescuer.

The only one I wanted in this rotation.

Congratulations the staff, great event!!!

About the 500 frags for a guaranted 5*, I'vo got 20 "cyborg eddie fragments".

This frags will "transmut" into the next toon?

Sparton_LOTB
05-02-2018, 11:56 PM
About the 500 frags for a guaranted 5*, I'vo got 20 "cyborg eddie fragments".

This frags will "transmut" into the next toon?

No, any Cyborg Eddie Fragments you have will still be Cyborg Eddie Fragments, even after the Heroic Soul changes it's contents (and guaranteed bonus fragments).

If you want more Cyborg Eddie Fragments, you'll want to open more Heroic Souls before they change what they give out, but Cyborg Eddie Fragments will also be featured as rewards in the future from other features or content.

TheAlbatross-1864
05-03-2018, 03:43 AM
No, any Cyborg Eddie Fragments you have will still be Cyborg Eddie Fragments, even after the Heroic Soul changes it's contents (and guaranteed bonus fragments).

If you want more Cyborg Eddie Fragments, you'll want to open more Heroic Souls before they change what they give out, but Cyborg Eddie Fragments will also be featured as rewards in the future from other features or content.

But like, will we ever see Navigator eddie in the rotation? Not just for fragments but as the 4* possible character?

rags-6094
05-03-2018, 05:49 AM
This event for me is done and dusted, I ended up with 3 x Golden Son, 2 x Corrupt Ox Cultist, 2 x Gunner Dog, 1 x Astra
All worth it for Astra....

druid138
05-03-2018, 07:01 AM
I tried my first batch of four souls tonight and got a Samurai for the Sacrifice event later in the month. But I'm more excited about seeing 40/500 Cyborg Eddie fragments.

Moonchild-6759
05-03-2018, 09:37 AM
I just pulled samurai Eddie from this event. I would love to complain as I am doing it for astra and no one else but I find it hard when I pull a 5* dupe and not a 3* ��

Unwon
05-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Is having a dupe eddie any good?

Moonchild-6759
05-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Is having a dupe eddie any good?

Eddies are better for sacrifice than non-eddie characters so in that sence they are better. But no, dupes do nothing good but give sac-essence.

Unwon
05-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Damn, I got cyborg and hallowed dupes

GotN
05-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Damn, I got cyborg and hallowed dupes

Some would hate you for using „damn“ and „Cyborg“ in one sentence :p

Ironstyle
05-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Some would hate you for using „damn“ and „Cyborg“ in one sentence :p

Until recently, I would have been one such person, but I pulled a Cyborg during the marskman event, so I'm all good there.

GotN
05-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Until recently, I would have been one such person, but I pulled a Cyborg during the marskman event, so I'm all good there.

You better NEVER use the analogous words „5 star dupe“ and „damn“ here. NF will nerf your account to death and you won’t see a new 4 or 5 star RNG-based char for you the next 6 months 😜😂

Ironstyle
05-03-2018, 04:25 PM
You better NEVER use the analogous words „5 star dupe“ and „damn“ here. NF will nerf your account to death and you won’t see a new 4 or 5 star RNG-based char for you the next 6 months 😜😂

Haha, good advice. I actually like the occasional 5* dupe. Good for sac events. Dupes, to be honest, don't bother me a lot. If we didn't get dupes, the sac events would suck horribly. We need the fodder to feed the book. Otherwise we're stuck spending 350 FC or 5K trooper points for SS.

Fudjo
05-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Haha, good advice. I actually like the occasional 5* dupe. Good for sac events. Dupes, to be honest, don't bother me a lot. If we didn't get dupes, the sac events would suck horribly. We need the fodder to feed the book. Otherwise we're stuck spending 350 FC or 5K trooper points for SS.

Yeah, seriously. If it wasn't for dupes, I wouldn't have an Alchemist or a big sack of skill shards.

GotN
05-03-2018, 05:23 PM
4 heroic souls, ofc 4 x 3* shit 🤮

Ironstyle
05-03-2018, 05:39 PM
4 heroic souls, ofc 4 x 3* shit ��

I haven't redeemed any of my heroic souls yet. I'm gonna wait to use them all at the same time. For some reason, I feel like the chances are better for something good when I redeem a bunch at the same time. I know that's not true, but still...

Yup
05-03-2018, 06:25 PM
feel like the chances are better for something good when I redeem a bunch at the same time.

Just chances you won't see that there's 3 ox cultists because only 1 icon appears :)

I get ya though.. I kind of do the same thing.

Liebhild
05-04-2018, 01:34 PM
I wonder why so many say, that this is great. Has anybody looked at the odds for this souls?

GotN
05-04-2018, 03:00 PM
I wonder why so many say, that this is great. Has anybody looked at the odds for this souls?

Don’t know what you mean. Chances are 1.5 % to get a 5*, so 0.5 % higher than from other rare souls. AND if you get a 5* it’s a 50 % chance to get a specific char. How many natural 5* are around here? Getting one you need from a rare soul is very low. For me personally, as I have nearly all of them, would say close to zero. And that’s surely the same for most of the long time players here. Regarding all this it’s a great event and don’t forget that it will return several times. Really hope NF will keep this thing going, cause I really like it!

Tim28213
05-04-2018, 06:28 PM
I have the same issue as GotN. I only needed one character offered in the list. A 4*. Spent all the souls and got 1 4* as expected, but not the one I was hoping for.
I'm fortunate to have as much variety in my roster as I do, but the last 3-4 months I have not been able to get any of the new or specially advertised souls regardless of how many special souls I buy or acquire through the event promoting it. Lately my favorite events are the ones where you grind for a single specific character. The only way I can get the one I want is if it is the only one being offered lately.

Yup
05-04-2018, 06:35 PM

Any event that rewards you for pretty much doing what you would be doing anyway is a great event. There are no "impossible" odds to get that 1 new character being released. There's no ironite draining grind really needed. (I've passed the 400 cosmos mark, completed everything else except the 750 mark and have 3 days left) There's no gold-sucking sacrifice needed. It's just better rewards for playing as you normally would. How is that NOT a good event?

Askora
05-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Just looking at the summon heroic souls flyer in the game and noticed that they have what I'm assuming is an old icon for Storm Eddie. :p

Sponholz
05-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Any...Stuff...
How is that NOT a good event?

Hi all, yeah I guess I have a strange desire to comment here from time to time after all...

Anyway, first, its NOT an event, it's a permanent addition to the game (which is always a nice thing, having stuff added, not just for a certain period).

The pool is going to rotate. Ok, fair enough makes sense.
750 Cosmos run is a lot? Hell yeah it's a lot, but meh... the only harm here is the battery-life of your device. (And since the damn skull chests [aka hidden locations] are located on Cosmos maps, why the hell the Skulls stages are not considered Cosmos fight yet?).
Are Heroic Souls fair? Well A Soul is a Soul, you all should get used to the suspicious "random" results.
Frag character is a nice thing right? Yes and NO. Look, there is something that is bugging me since I have read the announcement, which is the fact that Fragments are named, so without paying you can have 160 frags per rotation. Taking this first rotation: 160 Cyborg Frags. There is no way to buy more Souls with Ironite as far as I can remember, just real money purchases for then (no objection here, NF have to make some money after all). So... this leads me to think about two scenarios:
1- To get any given featured 5* char that you want, you would have to save 50 souls, to open then on the rotation period of said char. Lets use 7thSon for ex. Save 50 Heroic Souls > open then all when 7th becomes available > get 500 7th Fragments > profit.
2- You want any char that is on the Heroic Souls current pool, now you will have to make a decision, ignore the pool and save for an specificity character? or take a chance and get 160 Frags, and hope that some day in like 2 years the featured char come back to be featured as the guaranteed char.

I will just leave one question for Sparton/Kaz/Levi/Jerry/Etc:

When the pool rotates, will the Fragments the players get from the souls rotate with then, or are the frags a fixed thing?
Example: This rotation is Cyborg Frags, so let's say I saved all 16 souls (8 from this week, 8 from next's) and I then the next Eddie is 7th and I decided I want to open my souls there, I do know that the pool will be changed for the characters included on the rotation, but I don't think nothing were said about the Fragments. So, If I decided to open all my souls (32 counting the one's from next rotation) will I get 320 of 7th Fragments? or will I still get 160 Cyborg, and 160 7th?

Kaz_LOTB
05-05-2018, 04:46 PM
I will just leave one question for Sparton/Kaz/Levi/Jerry/Etc:

When the pool rotates, will the Fragments the players get from the souls rotate with then, or are the frags a fixed thing?

Both the Fragments and Character pools change with each rotation (you can see what is coming up in the news feed). You will earn the Fragments / Characters from whatever is in the current active rotation when you summon Heroic Souls. In addition, 5* Fragments will be granted from events and other sources each month.

-Kaz

GotN
05-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Both the Fragments and Character pools change with each rotation (you can see what is coming up in the news feed). You will earn the Fragments / Characters from whatever is in the current active rotation when you summon Heroic Souls. In addition, 5* Fragments will be granted from events and other sources each month.

-Kaz

So did I get that right: if I transform fragments into a soul and throw the soul into bos after the next rotation or the one after this, I will get a current character and not one from the point of time I transformed the fragments.

Kaz_LOTB
05-05-2018, 06:04 PM
So did I get that right: if I transform fragments into a soul and throw the soul into bos after the next rotation or the one after this, I will get a current character and not one from the point of time I transformed the fragments.

You will get whatever characters / fragments are in the current rotation when you summon. The only way you can get 5* Fragments from a specific rotation is to summon the Heroic Souls during that rotation. So you can save up and summon all at once to guarantee getting a specific 5* Fragment character, or summon each rotation to get a head start on several characters and use events, future repeat rotations, and other means to finish them off, etc.

-Kaz

Sponholz
05-05-2018, 06:34 PM
You will get whatever characters / fragments are in the current rotation when you summon. The only way you can get 5* Fragments from a specific rotation is to summon the Heroic Souls during that rotation. So you can save up and summon all at once to guarantee getting a specific 5* Fragment character, or summon each rotation to get a head start on several characters and use events, future repeat rotations, and other means to finish them off, etc.

-Kaz

This new addition to the game, with the fragments question answered, is indeed a really nice and welcome addition to the game.

It leaves the choice to the player. It can take a while for the guaranteed character to return (ofc I was being sarcastic/humorous about taking 2 years, I really hope it wont take that long), but you have an option to save souls and wait for the best scenario to BoS then, or if the pool is attractive take chances there.

Overall a really nice addition to the game. :cool:

Yup
05-05-2018, 09:34 PM
Yes, being able to save souls (at least Hero Souls) and then drop them into the BOS when there's a character active you want is a great addition. I wish all souls were treated this way. :) Let the drop into BOS determine the character from the current pool. Rather than assigning the character when you gain the soul.

Zerynx
05-06-2018, 10:30 PM
Well I wanted a Witch Doctor and/or Astra. Just finished the 750 arena battles and the Doom achievement happened in there as well. Tossed all four in and got... 2 (more) Ox Cultists and 2 Red Golden Sons.

Sweet event. Looking for two toons I don't have and got 3 star dupes from all earned Heroic souls.

I have a Cyborg too, so those frags are meaningless to me.

Yay.

Yup
05-06-2018, 11:20 PM
Well I wanted a Witch Doctor and/or Astra. Just finished the 750 arena battles and the Doom achievement happened in there as well. Tossed all four in and got... 2 (more) Ox Cultists and 2 Red Golden Sons.

Sweet event. Looking for two toons I don't have and got 3 star dupes from all earned Heroic souls.

I have a Cyborg too, so those frags are meaningless to me.

Yay.

Kind of similar here. Will hit the 750 battles tonight/tomorrow.. but thus far.. 2 Ox cultists, 1 W Golden Son, 1 Gunner Fatman... I don't really need any of the characters in this round so it's not that bad. They are all ultimately just food for the sac event to come..... But it is kind of disheartening to know that even with such a small poole of possibilities my luck can still be shit apparently. I still think it's a good feature, even if I got crap this first outing :)

Zerynx
05-07-2018, 12:27 AM
Kind of similar here. Will hit the 750 battles tonight/tomorrow.. but thus far.. 2 Ox cultists, 1 W Golden Son, 1 Gunner Fatman... I don't really need any of the characters in this round so it's not that bad. They are all ultimately just food for the sac event to come..... But it is kind of disheartening to know that even with such a small poole of possibilities my luck can still be shit apparently. I still think it's a good feature, even if I got crap this first outing :)

Hear ya on the luck man, at least you got a 4 star. :)

I agree though, it's a cool feature. I do like to earn things for the daily grind, plus using bench toons is fun too.

blade685
05-07-2018, 09:24 AM
only 3* shit here like all events ^^

Unwon
05-07-2018, 11:23 AM
I'm just wondering, do you guys use ironite to reach 750 cosmos wins?

blade685
05-07-2018, 11:48 AM
if i want to reach it i must use ironit yes, but i win only shit 3* in that event :)

Unwon
05-07-2018, 11:58 AM
How many? I havent used a single refill and im at 650

blade685
05-07-2018, 12:10 PM
How many? I havent used a single refill and im at 650

if i don't use refill, i will be at 600-620 i think at the end of the day

crapmaster
05-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Another scam event (anyone surprised?).

Used all ironite I had and cleared the event 1 day ahead of deadline.
The "reward"? A collection of no good 3-star characters. As usual! If you can't even get a 4-star character what do you have to do to get a 5-star? Offer a kidney or two?

Hopefully at least one of the May event could be of any use.

kkkreg5
05-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Dropped the first 2 or 3 in BoS and no Witch Doctor so moving on. I'll be saving all Heroics until 7th Son rolls around.

blade685
05-07-2018, 05:52 PM
i just want WD and astra and will not have them :)

mk ultra
05-07-2018, 06:54 PM

I can do around 90 runs in Powerslave in 24 hours + skull quests. So, 4 SOT refills will take me to 750 cosmos battles.
I don't use all free SOT in a day, i think i lose 30-40 of them.
I think using ALL free SOT and not do all skull quests should be enough for 750 cosmos battles. But i recomend not to skip skull quests at all.

Iced_Earth
05-07-2018, 07:12 PM
no new content on this patch ?

JJJ428
05-07-2018, 08:03 PM
Doesn’t look like any update, characters didn’t change

Rane
05-07-2018, 08:04 PM
New characters on 14.05.2018

Yup
05-07-2018, 08:05 PM
well damn.. that's my birthday :)

blade685
05-07-2018, 08:20 PM
well damn.. that's my birthday :)
mine 18 05 ^^

Yup
05-07-2018, 08:27 PM
mine 18 05 ^^

Too bad. Apparently the new characters are only for 14 05 :)

blade685
05-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Too bad. Apparently the new characters are only for 14 05 :)

it seems to be true :)

GotN
05-07-2018, 10:50 PM

Just finished 750 without any SoT refill. Did every day all SQs except talisman quests (never run them, totally useless). So no Problem without spending ironit.
Will throw in remaining 4 heroic souls after reset, again hoping for WD, the only char who is important from heroic souls next 6 weeks for me.