PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Etiquette

rags-6094
05-07-2018, 03:05 AM
On the subject of trooper gathering and sacking, what do you guys think is the line in the sand when sacking a non respondent trooper?
When I look at my troopers list I assume the time shown indicates only that, that player has been online playing rather than actually using your trooper.
I currently don't have a single trooper that has not played in the past 24 hours.
Due to time differences around the world etc... it's a bit difficult to monitor who has used your trooper and who hasn't.
What's your thoughts?

Amarthir
05-07-2018, 03:12 AM
My standards vary from time to time. I go from not caring at all, to dropping someone who's been gone for like two weeks, to being extreme and having a list recording who exactly plays my trooper. Right now I'm at the don't care part.

But on average, if the game is good at the moment and I'm playing regularly, I'd give someone a full week before letting them go. I'm a nice guy :^)

Yup
05-07-2018, 03:18 AM
I don't watch it....

I use my troopers every day... unless they AREN'T an Eddie.. then, sorry.. I won't use non-Eddie champions.. they are worthless.. I'll give you a week or so without your champ being an Eddie, then I'll dump you. I really don't care which Eddie is your champ... but if it's not an Eddie it's just annoying.

Occasionally I'll check the activity of troopers and dump those more than 5-6 days inactive.

I NEVER keep track of the names in the pop-ups.. so you may NEVER use my champion. I wouldn't know. I tend to trust that you are, otherwise, why even have troopers??

rags-6094
05-07-2018, 03:23 AM
That's good to hear!
I have thought about keeping a list but I thought I might of been seen as taking the game a little to seriously..
Anyone who knows me tells me I'm anal from time to time...

You see I have a conundrum I am poised to edit a few troopers and place a few requests with people looking for troopers in another thread under troopers and badges.
I just think that I can rely on them to use my trooper daily, as I can guarentee I will for them.

rags-6094
05-07-2018, 03:29 AM
"I don't watch it....

I use my troopers every day... unless they AREN'T an Eddie.. then, sorry.. I won't use non-Eddie champions.. they are worthless.. I'll give you a week or so without your champ being an Eddie, then I'll dump you. I really don't care which Eddie is your champ... but if it's not an Eddie it's just annoying.

Occasionally I'll check the activity of troopers and dump those more than 5-6 days inactive.

I NEVER keep track of the names in the pop-ups.. so you may NEVER use my champion. I wouldn't know. I tend to trust that you are, otherwise, why even have troopers??"

Can you elaborate "worthless" ? There still worth 25 badges.
Is it just the annoyance of changing your team around to suit trooper non eddies then eddies?
Because that is a pain?

Yup
05-07-2018, 03:32 AM
Non-Eddies are annoying.... i have to swap my toon for your champ.. then run a level.. then swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left swipe left to find the character I was using n the first place. Just f'in annoying.

In addition, non-Eddie troopers stop auto-replay. I run auto-play of NotB and just burn the troopers. Can't do that if someone has made their champ a non-Eddie.

In addition, I have all the characters I'd want. I'll have your non-Eddie champ probably fully sharded (other than The Beast). So, I have to swap my fully sharded full powered talismans Valkyrie for that 1 skill shard, 4 star talismans someone's set as their champ. I realize non-Eddies may be helpful to newer players. But they simply aren't for longer term players.

rags-6094
05-07-2018, 03:41 AM
Yeah I thought that's what you meant, I agree!
To tackle that problem I leave one eddie hole and one non-Eddie hole empty, I usually play troopers on full auto with Kingdom of the sands to save a tiny bit of sands of time.

When the non eddies are used up the game will continue on but with only the first eddie and the non eddie, bit annoying but it gets the job done and I don't have to look at it again for a while....

Rain88
05-07-2018, 03:47 AM
So basically the 5.31 seconds to swap teams for non-eddies troopers is a great problem

Yup
05-07-2018, 03:47 AM
I run NotB for the 9k gold per run (most in the cosmos) ... and 3 star evo runes.. that's generally what I need more than anything.

I just don't see the point to non-Eddie champs at all really. At least not for me. I do see they can be useful to others, they just aren't to my team.

And let's face it YOU get nothing extra because you set your champ as a non-Eddie. It's not like the champs gain XP or anything. So all you are doing to causing more work on the part of your troopers, that's all.

Amarthir
05-07-2018, 04:07 AM
I have a couple non Eddie troopers. They get played last but they do get played when I'm playing. Then again I don't farm NotB lol. One of these days I'll set up the team Yup suggested the other day and go for it.

rags-6094
05-07-2018, 04:13 AM
Sounds like there maybe a common idea here....
Think I'll replace my trooper warrior pole dancer with an Eddie again....

Inishmore
05-07-2018, 05:33 AM
Well, I like the the Eddies best as well all other toons interfere with my team and I have no assurance they will survive the daily grind. However I allow up to 8 non-eddies and use them on the skull-quests.

In terms of dropping troopers, well I keep track of who is active and who isn't but in gerenal I only drop someone if I havn't recieved badges in 14 days. Firstly they might simply be on vacation and secondly the badges do not always show, i.e. I recieve way more badges, then are being shown to me, when I look into the game.

rags-6094
05-07-2018, 06:16 AM
That's a good point!
I swear sometimes I see the troopersnames come up on screen but don't see the points appear on my badges tally.
But then again it probably does a reset when you close and re-open the game...

Ok so It definitely seems that 2 days is to soon to drop an otherwise loyal trooper.
I guess I do notice the majority of loyal "commonly seen" names appear each day.

I get quite a few requests from time to time and don't know what to do, maybe I'm passing up a daily grinder?
But feel I should be loyal in return to those I have in my troopers team now.

Yup
05-07-2018, 06:44 AM
The odd thing is the points will continually add as you play. Every time you go back to the main HUD new points are there. So when you reload the game.. and see the pop up.. some, if not all, of those associated badges/points have already been awarded to you. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

EnricoPalazzo
05-07-2018, 09:03 AM
I generally allow up to 3 weeks, and I don't keep track who's using my champion.
Also, I generally run my Eddie troopers first and then adapt my team to allow for non-Eddie troopers.
I usually run Powerslave because it's quicker and cheaper than AMOLAD and I can be sure that with Navigator alone, I can win this level 100% of the time, regardless of any troopers on board.

GotN
05-07-2018, 01:32 PM
I don’t drop troopers before 2 weeks off as nearly all of them are much appreciated forum members. Ofc also depends on heads-up. Everybody needs a break from time to time from the game. If someone is off for some time and I might have missed a post or there is no I usually write a PM. For a long time I checked who played my champion, but now I don’t do this any more, so I might not notice if you don’t use it. I don’t care if you have an Eddie or an other char for champion as long as it is no 1* :)
Btw sent you a request rags. Hope you have an open spot \m/

kkkreg5
05-07-2018, 03:13 PM
I'll start looking at Troopers that are inactive 3 days. Most of my Troopers are forum members so reaching out via PM or the "Last Call" thread usually gets a response. Older Troopers like Sag, for instance, I gave a week. Newer Troopers I'll give 3 or 4 days max if no response. If I see that you are inactive, I'll skip your Trooper after 3 days because I feel badges should be reciprocal.

I have no preference on champion. All Troopers are used.

There is also the occasional "break" that is needed. If it gets posted on the forum, then no worries. Communication is the key.

Yup
05-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Really.. if I recognize the user.. mostly due to forum activity.. I never bother removing them even if they are inactive for a longer period of time. The only way I remove a name I recognize is if they clearly are done and set their champ to a 4 star character or a level 1 character or something like that. That's a good way to let others know they should dump you.

T-Man
05-07-2018, 04:09 PM
At times I kept close tabs on this before NF put the limits on Trooper store purchases. The badges just aren’t as important as they once were. Especially for long time players.

I would give long time loyal troopers at least a week. Some I kept several weeks before dumping. New troopers I would only give about 3 days grace. I mean if I just accepted them, and they already skip playing within a week or so. That’s just not cool.

I do have mostly forum members at this point. That makes things easier.

I also prefer Eddies for most of the reasons stated. Makes sense with auto play. I do have 2-3 troopers with non Eddies at the moment. These are as they should be, maxed out. If it’s a rare toon like beast that’s cool to have as I don’t have him.

Non Eddies do get played last, and in Skull Quest for me as well. I never skip them.

Really with auto play, there are few reason (vacation, emergency, etc.) to not play troopers. Put it on Powerslave at bedtime and most will be done over night.

rags-6094
05-07-2018, 05:53 PM
I'll have a look when the maintenance break is over and done with gotN, I think I do have a spot..
Would like to pick up a few more regular forum members but not at the expense of loyal troopers...
But I do agree with the 1 - 4* trooper, saying I'm done with the game, unless I can see it's level getting higher each time I use it, which is rare these days with full auto mode...

scott-5496
05-08-2018, 09:31 AM
I tend to note my badges number at reseat each night - I can then see if my daily badges are dropping in any noteable fashion - I then pay a little more attanetion to who is logging in or not - I not e the names and after a week ot two of intermittant in and out badges I drop them unless they have said they are doing this on here.

rags-6094
05-10-2018, 04:50 AM
Hmmm I am currently seeing something happen that has never happened before, I have a personal record 6 x trooper requests none of which I can take....
If any of you see this post I am sorry! I have had a third of my troopers for over a year now and recently picked up some more quality troopers, taking me to 50. It's not cool or smart to drop troopers doing a good job! If something changes I'll place it in the Troopers and Badges Forum threads.

Cheers rags

But keep searching there must be thousands or at least hundreds of potentials out there!

Blade
05-16-2018, 12:48 PM
My thoughts on that topic:
- I never noted down who used my champ - too stressful and buggy notification
- I prefer Eddie troopers aswell
- I recommend AoE hitting Eddies, especially Navigator, for quick play
- I recommend to change your champ during specific events with the need for a certain class and/or effect
- up to 8 non-Eddie troopers are ok for Skull Quests
- up to 10 days inactivity is "ok" for me (holiday)
- if you plan a longer break or holiday, feel free to post it here in the forum
- helping others with the talsiman combo missions is great, but please ensure that your Eddie is still capable to survive Powerslave at least
- if you decide to quit, please leave a statement here in the forum and/or set your champ to a lvl1 char or something stupid to show that there is something happening. Additionally, sacrificing your full roaster is also a good indicator that you quit the game
All together it is not that big thing. Even if you have some players that don't play every day you should get enough resources to get the weekly souls plus one skill shard (or even two, if needed).
Have fun!

Stormseye
05-16-2018, 02:47 PM
The only time I check my troopers is if I have a new request notification. Then I just go down the list and anyone who is more than two days out I axe but I keep always 50. I only change to a non-eddie during events that require certain abilities that I hope will help other troopers. I was sent an inbox request once to change my champ to an eddie and I have always kept that except for events. Most of my troopers are daily players and sadly only a couple are from the forums..and I thought we were all friends :(

Yup did you type all those "swipes" or did you macro? lol

Knut-3112
05-30-2018, 01:13 PM
I use my troopers every day... unless they AREN'T an Eddie.. then, sorry.. I won't use non-Eddie champions.. they are worthless..

Interesting because from what I remember the game itself suggested to use non-Eddie troopers for more variety of characters. Personally, I don't find it to be a problem - after I use all the Eddies, I make a free spot for normal chars and just run the auto-replay again for those non-Eddie troopers. Sometimes they even come useful for certain tasks (like the recent BNW madness). Without the auto-replay, however, it would be a chore either way, Eddie or not.