PDA

View Full Version : No Freedom Without Sacrifice - Increased Chance for Clansman Eddie!

Kaz_LOTB
05-13-2018, 12:01 AM
Get Freedom Souls for an increased chance of Clansman Eddie from Sacrifice!

From now until May 19th, 5 PM PT, the Freedom Soul has become available! The Freedom Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, with an increased chance of getting Clansman Eddie!

The first way you can get Freedom Souls is from the Sacrifice feature. You can now get additional Freedom Souls as a bonus for certain sacrifices:

Tier VI sacrifices have a bonus 5 Freedom Souls (in addition to normal sacrifice rewards)
Tier VII sacrifices have a bonus 10 Freedom Souls, (in addition to normal sacrifice rewards)
Vortexes have a bonus 5 Freedom Souls (in addition to normal Vortex rewards and normal sacrifice rewards)

The second way you can get Freedom Souls is from the store for Ironite. These are available in 1, 3 or 10 soul bundles.

SPECIAL EVENT ADDITION: For the duration of the event, there are also new event challenges based around clearing Cosmos quests. Meet the requirements to earn up to 100 Vampire Hunter Eddie Fragments! Collect these fragments from this and other events to get a soul that will guarantee you the 5★ Assassin Vampire Hunter Eddie!

Even if you cannot make it to a Tier VI sacrifice right now, don’t forget that you can open common Souls and sacrifice the results for a chance at Rare Souls. You can then use the Rare Souls to get enough 3 star and 4 star extra characters for your next Tier VI sacrifice!

Also, did you know you can double your rewards for a sacrifice? Doing a sacrifice with a higher amount of essence than the minimum required gives you a chance of getting double rewards based on how much you’ve exceeded the essence requirement. If you double the essence required for a tier, you’ll be guaranteed to get double the rewards!

Clansman Eddie is a 5 star Warrior available now in all appropriate souls, including a limited time Freedom Soul. Check out more on Clansman Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10134-Clansman-Eddie-(Warrior-Type)&p=72542#post72542).

GrimDusk
05-13-2018, 12:50 AM
Yeah no, there is no way that there's an increased chance. I used up about 25 freedom souls, got nada.

Amarthir
05-13-2018, 01:26 AM
Yeah no, there is no way that there's an increased chance. I used up about 25 freedom souls, got nada.

Lol, increased chances doesn't mean guaranteed chances. I went through 2 ring fills and spent dozens of freedom so and didn't get him. Out of many other souls I managed to get 2 dupe Rainmaker's, dupe Samurai, Nomad, and Assassin Child of the Damned. I still got about 40 rare souls to cash in and an alchemist soul I've finally finished getting so I still have hope...

But damn these odds lol. I'm fresh out of Ironite and I only have about 500 gold left in my bank.

GrimDusk
05-13-2018, 01:58 AM
Lol, increased chances doesn't mean guaranteed chances. I went through 2 ring fills and spent dozens of freedom so and didn't get him. Out of many other souls I managed to get 2 dupe Rainmaker's, dupe Samurai, Nomad, and Assassin Child of the Damned. I still got about 40 rare souls to cash in and an alchemist soul I've finally finished getting so I still have hope...

But damn these odds lol. I'm fresh out of Ironite and I only have about 500 gold left in my bank.

I know it's not guaranteed, but this really doesn't seem like an increased chance.

rags-6094
05-13-2018, 02:49 AM
I am low on ironite after the event that just finished,I already have VHE and I use all my dupes as I go.
I think if it had not been for the technical bum ups last week these events may not have been back to back quite...

Thanks for the heads up though on freedom souls giving little chance, I should know I've been so gullible to that one before plenty of times, I'll take the 6 days to gain the VHE frags and as for freedom souls and Clansman Eddie ? Well what will be will be... this week will be rest time and regathering gold/ironite time for me.

TheAlbatross-1864
05-13-2018, 02:59 AM
Had some good luck with this one. My vortex was nearly full so I logged on, filled it along with a tier VI sacrifice, got 5 from the sac and 5 from the vortex fill, opened, and got Clansman Eddie. My brother was playing next to me, bought 10 from the store and also got him.

Alvorada
05-13-2018, 03:18 AM
(Accidentally delete the previous post in attempt to edit, in order to update the data)

I sacrifice all my saved dupes and get 70 event souls:

- one vampire hunter eddie (what a coincidence)
- six 4*dupes
- zero "increased chances" clansman eddie

I suposed I can't complain by geting a 5*....

chase20100
05-13-2018, 03:26 AM
I bought 30 and got another 10 from Vortex and pulled all dupes. Only one 4* character. I've been burned by the past couple of events when it comes to summoning and spending ironite.

kkkreg5
05-13-2018, 05:07 AM
122 Freedom souls, no Clansman. Might be time to hang 'em up too...

Mercifal
05-13-2018, 09:19 AM
I bought a bundle of 10 souls, I did not get anything, not even 4 *, made tier IV sacrifice, still nothing, only after the vortex and, counting from the beginning of the event, 25 souls finally got him. This is the first time for me when I received a 5 * character during the event since the beginning of the game. He seems to be very interesting, although he does not have super ultra hyper powerful damage (might be due to the fact I do not have fully upgraded talis and know what Talis I should use).

Blade
05-13-2018, 11:10 AM
I am not a fan of these sac events, as there are no other additional rewards apart from the event souls. Where are the sac events with higher drops on tiers >5 plus additional rewards for the vortex like skill shards? Good old days... Anyway, as I still have many many valentine hearts, I went for 2*Tier 6 sacs. Got 10 G/A souls + 1 legendary soul each (is that normal? I didn't sac for a long time, but normally you got like 50 rares and/or some G/A and/or some skill shards!? Did that change?) plus 2*5 event souls. Opened these 10 and got red eyes.. CLANSMAN! Plus RAINMAKER (dupe), Plus Maya Priestress (dupe). How crazy is that? So maybe it is rewarded if you only sac (higher than tier 1) once in 6 months. So I am really happy as this is the first time (!) that I get an event char. I was really close to skip this event, due to the little rewards. Moreoever, Clansman seems to be available in normal souls so there was no need to go "all in". Good luck everybody!

blade685
05-13-2018, 12:33 PM
shit loot continu:
level 6 sacrifice:
5 new souls = shit purple mayan dupe
1 legendary = a big shit dupe PDK . it is a shit but 5* lol
rare souls = shit 3*
Thanks again NF for that shit :)

Liebhild
05-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Wow, a new toon something totally new, for me it is getting more and more boring with all those new toons.

Instead of new toons bug fixes would be great, with the latest downgrade, so many new bugs, stuff that was working good, now doesn't work.

But fixing bugs doesn't bring money, as long as here or enough players that spend real money for this big fraud, nothing will change.

blade685
05-13-2018, 02:30 PM
shit loot continu:
level 6 sacrifice:
5 new souls = shit purple mayan dupe
1 legendary = a big shit dupe PDK . it is a shit but 5* lol
rare souls = shit 3*
Thanks again NF for that shit :)

update another 6 and:
fucking shit green Corrupt droid and red mayan dupes from new top souls....
and from legendary my 10th CR eddie or more !
20 rare souls for: another useless dupes AOF and val
I will sacrifice that shit update for nothing in another event to have same shit , cool......

Ancient Mariner
05-13-2018, 02:52 PM
update another 6 and:
fucking shit green Corrupt droid and red mayan dupes from new top souls....
and from legendary my 10th CR eddie or more !
20 rare souls for: another useless dupes AOF and val
I will sacrifice that shit update for nothing in another event to have same shit , cool......

damn dude, last time i saw a post from you on this forum was like several months ago and it was the same swearing/complaints stuff about the "shit useless dupes, bad rng, crappy NF" etc.. haven't you got bored yet of your own moaning? lol

Not saying i'm happy when it happens, not playing much for a while and those few times i try to invest 900 ironite to get event packs (like today) i usually don't even get red eyes, which makes me go inactive again..but jesus christ you're boring

blade685
05-13-2018, 06:13 PM
damn dude, last time i saw a post from you on this forum was like several months ago and it was the same swearing/complaints stuff about the "shit useless dupes, bad rng, crappy NF" etc.. haven't you got bored yet of your own moaning? lol

Not saying i'm happy when it happens, not playing much for a while and those few times i try to invest 900 ironite to get event packs (like today) i usually don't even get red eyes, which makes me go inactive again..but jesus christ you're boring

hi, yes no usable toon in 2018 for me it is incredible, i see all other with good toons, it is very difficult to do pvp now....

Kris-0707
05-13-2018, 07:55 PM
FIlled up 4 vortex's, I don't know how many tier VI's but had about 150? event souls and no Clansman Eddie.
From legendary souls pulled Iron Eddie and plenty of **** dupes, rare souls gave me *** crap as usual.
I sascrified pretty much everything what I had spare, 14 Gemini's, 8 red soldiers from previous events and bunch of 5 stars 100lvl Eddies and other dupes.

I'm so pissed of about it, as a big fan of Braveheart movie this Eddie is my must have toon.
I know - I will not get him during this event, unfortunately no more dupes to sacrify and will keep cash in my pocket.
It is a shame that (apart from luck) let's say event soul number 100 is not giving guaranteed event toon.

Yup
05-13-2018, 08:05 PM
It is a shame that (apart from luck) let's say event soul number 100 is not giving guaranteed event toon.

See I think that's how they should do it... put a guarantee at a specific soul. Kind of like a fragment event inside the event. Each conversion of an event soul gives you 10 guarantee fragments... 1000 guarantee fragments converts to the event character.

But then, that might put a cap on the income they generate as well... so.....

rags-6094
05-13-2018, 08:25 PM
It hasn't helped with NF bum up last week having these events back to back.
I have noticed quite a few users that have managed to jag him (CE) just the same..

How many of my easily reattainable 3* characters that I have 5* maxed is it going to take though to reach the minimum tier to grab some freedom souls?
I doubt it's worth it... does anybody know?

Yup
05-13-2018, 08:55 PM
I do think it's not very nice to make it only tier 6 and 7 sacrifices. I mean, that takes resources.

rags-6094
05-13-2018, 09:00 PM
I just unlocked a mixture of 3* gunner/assasin, Magis, Warrior characters I maxed to 5* 100 as part of my collection...
I managed to get half way passed strong sacrifice.
I canned it and returned them to my collection...

Alvorada
05-13-2018, 09:50 PM
It hasn't helped with NF bum up last week having these events back to back.
I have noticed quite a few users that have managed to jag him (CE) just the same..

How many of my easily reattainable 3* characters that I have 5* maxed is it going to take though to reach the minimum tier to grab some freedom souls?
I doubt it's worth it... does anybody know?

To achieve tier VI you must sacrifice natural 4*. And 5* natural for tier VII.

Don't worth leveling 3* ou less. The 4* and 5* only if the upgrade allow an extra sacrifice.

OdoyleRules
05-14-2018, 12:27 AM
I do think it's not very nice to make it only tier 6 and 7 sacrifices. I mean, that takes resources.

Frags for the lower tiers that will equal a soul. I like that idea.

TheAlbatross-1864
05-14-2018, 03:40 AM
Ive been very lucky somehow with this event. Got 1 clansman from earlier in the week after 10 of the event souls, then today running the skull quests i got a single warrior rare soul and it was another clansman eddie.

Amarthir
05-14-2018, 05:11 AM
Well there went my last bit of excitement for the game. I cashed in 43 rare souls that I've been building up the gold to spend (since this event drained all my millions of gold for nothing).

43 souls, that's 43 1% chances for just one 5* and here's what I got:

1, Sentinel Soulless Demon
1, Warrior Wickerman.

That's...just... depressing....

rags-6094
05-14-2018, 06:23 AM
NF have managed to devise a soul dealing percentage system that is indeed diabolical, an algorithm where the first part dishes the star rating and on the very low 1% chance you get past that with a 5* then you have another degree of percentage chance relating to the character you get.
41% for Clansman Eddie at the moment but only if you get past part 1.... That is disgraceful NF!

When are you gonna wake up to you're customers!
In any other part of life this sort of business would be boycotted!
Yet here we are playing on just the same.

At least raise part one of the algorithm to 2%?

EnricoPalazzo
05-14-2018, 07:12 AM
Hey Amarthir,
I hear you, very frustrating event for me as well.
As reported in another thread, I cashed in my bundle of 38 rare souls. Here's what I got:

Nada.

38 three star dupes. No flashing red eyes at all. That's just ridiculous.
No need to mention that with around 50 event souls so far, there has been no Clansman. That much I already expected.

Rane
05-14-2018, 07:21 AM
I need to ask, today is 14.05, so are heroic soul characters change today? Anyone tried?

hold
05-14-2018, 08:23 AM
I need to ask, today is 14.05, so are heroic soul characters change today? Anyone tried?

Why don'T you wait until tomorrow - just to be safe? The history of this game has shown strange things and who knows ... furthermore the event says it ends 14.05. at 5 PM PT - that is today at 0.00 GMT I think ... I could be wrong but I think the swap over hasn't been done yet.

hold
05-14-2018, 08:27 AM
Hey Amarthir,
I hear you, very frustrating event for me as well.
As reported in another thread, I cashed in my bundle of 38 rare souls. Here's what I got:

Nada.

38 three star dupes. No flashing red eyes at all. That's just ridiculous.
No need to mention that with around 50 event souls so far, there has been no Clansman. That much I already expected.

I was on the brink of quitting for good as I haven't had an event character since the Alchemist (got him through vortex) - I thought I play my free souls and let's see what happens. Threw all the souls in at once an I got him. From a legendary soul of the Tier VI rewards the game spilled a 7son as well (didn't have him) ... after that I promised myself I will not complain for the rest of the month :)

However - I should have played the lottery yesterday - I would be a rich man by now ...

Mizrael
05-14-2018, 09:09 AM
Well there went my last bit of excitement for the game. I cashed in 43 rare souls that I've been building up the gold to spend (since this event drained all my millions of gold for nothing).

43 souls, that's 43 1% chances for just one 5* and here's what I got:

1, Sentinel Soulless Demon
1, Warrior Wickerman.

That's...just... depressing....

43 is nothing in LotB RNG world...
i did 99 and got 1x5* (dupe nomad) and 4x4* dupes. another 93 rares only awarded me 4x4*!!! another 77 G/A souls only gave me 4x4* (one of which was a new Iron Eddie).

i did get tha clansman 2x from about 30-50 event souls, but the drop rates are abysmal!!!
One new 4* eddie out of 192 rare and 77 G/A souls is a rather brutal outcome...

blade685
05-14-2018, 09:29 AM
RNG is a bad joke in that game for sure :)
Some players have all good toons others bad ones....

natasar
05-14-2018, 09:43 AM
Personally for me, this is one of the luckiest events ever. The last Eddie, I got by its release was Hallowed Eddie and I am still lacking, e.g., Edward and SSE. For this event, all I did this far is one Tier VI sacrifice - which gave me 3 skill shards, 5 event souls 20 rare souls. From the event souls, I pulled Clansman, from the rare souls a non-dupe POM Eddie. Hopefully, this event did not use up all of my luck for the remainder of the year... :)

Blade
05-14-2018, 09:53 AM
Dear Blade (nice nickname by the way), your list of missing chars is really hard! How long do you play now? But to give you some hope, most of them are not essential in my opinion. Persistence pays off!

scott-5496
05-14-2018, 10:34 AM
Well, I did get a PoM Ed from a rare soul that for me is super rare - but I think several level 6 and a couple of vortex so I thnk about 40 freedom souls - Might be more and no Clansman. Being Scottish I want this one bad for solleciton but it looks like it will pass me by. Still I did get PoM which is non-dupe so all good on that.

I got very few 5* here with the legendary souls but I got a lot the last time whcih allowed me a couple more vortex fills - I may still get another before event end but to be honest I wont get the luck - shame as he has kicked my ass once in PVP - he is a beast for sure but to be honest a faced him again and won easily. Oddly I also face a gemini team and got owned even with the Prisoner on my team - the passive dissable symbol did not coem up though I went first so not sure but I could not beat that team in two goes so gave up and moved on.

Leano
05-14-2018, 12:17 PM
Opened 20 event souls, got a Edward the Great that seems kind of lame (tips on him would be great), from the legendary got warrior child of the damned and i really like him, also got WUR and GUR. I'm sad because i'll probably won't get clansman but not so sad because i'm playing for 24 days only, judging by the way people talk about RNG i'm probably doing great.
Just hoping that the cosmo frag give me best luck

hold
05-14-2018, 12:27 PM
Being Scottish I want this one bad for solleciton but it looks like it will pass me by. Still I did get PoM which is non-dupe so all good on that.

Haha ... I got Clansman but PoM is avoiding me - that's the one I want the most because Piece of Mind was the first Maiden album I ever bought - still my favourite one.

blade685
05-14-2018, 01:09 PM
the bad 2018 joke continu for me:
1 level 6: 5 new joke souls = another fuckin Corrupt general ( my 6 ou 7th and 0 alliance general ....no comment)
1 full vortex: 5 new joke souls = only shit 3* toons...
With 2 legendary = another AOF!!!! and another shit Warrior Hellraiser seriously.....

Can you explain that shit year NF please?
Too much is too much
There is a problem with android? another problem? or i'm just in a shit loot script???

Stormseye
05-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Despite my luck on most events the sacrifice events have provided me with the most new characters. This one in particular being more generous then most.

Managed to get

2- IV fills
1 - V fill
1 - VI fill
and a Full Vortex

I received
4 Legendary
20 Rare/ Gunner/Assassin
10 Freedom Souls
least 30 regular Rare Souls

Was able to pull from all those within 1 hour
Piece of Mind Eddie
Clansman Eddie - off one of the Freedom souls
Navigator Eddie
Kari, Valkyrie Siren
Magus Corrupt Rescuer

Some 4* and 5* dupes but I was quite pleased with this run as I had been with the last Sacrifice Event.

Like Yup, I don't think the bonus rewards should be limited to higher essence tiers. Even awarding a single soul or a chance for a single Freedom Soul should be awarded on I-III.

Blade
05-14-2018, 01:41 PM
Wow, amazing pulls! Congrats! You clearly hit one of the "good waves" in the BoS, like me yesterday with 2x 5* (incl. Clansman) and 1x 4* from just 10 Event soils. Please do me a favor and do not expect similar results if you open some more souls now ;)

Leano
05-14-2018, 01:47 PM
Like Yup, I don't think the bonus rewards should be limited to higher essence tiers. Even awarding a single soul or a chance for a single Freedom Soul should be awarded on I-III.

Totally agree. I play for last then a month and almost quit when i noticed that i had absolutely no chance of participation in the event that was running back then, that's very frustating.

blade685
05-14-2018, 01:54 PM
Despite my luck on most events the sacrifice events have provided me with the most new characters. This one in particular being more generous then most.

Managed to get

2- IV fills
1 - V fill
1 - VI fill
and a Full Vortex

I received
4 Legendary
20 Rare/ Gunner/Assassin
10 Freedom Souls
least 30 regular Rare Souls

Was able to pull from all those within 1 hour
Piece of Mind Eddie
Clansman Eddie - off one of the Freedom souls
Navigator Eddie
Kari, Valkyrie Siren
Magus Corrupt Rescuer

Some 4* and 5* dupes but I was quite pleased with this run as I had been with the last Sacrifice Event.

no comment i never looted Piece of Mind Eddie, Clansman Eddie and Navigator Eddie

Ironstyle
05-14-2018, 04:07 PM
I wish this event was later in the month. It's too soon after the last sac event. I had nearly nothing to sac to reach the high tier requirement.

Also, got 2 legendary, about 30 freedom souls, another 30 GA souls and a bunch of rare souls...all dupes and only 1 5*. Not surprised, but thought I'd share. I'm not so much upset that I didn't get a new toon as I am not having enough toons to sac to participate very much in this week long event.

NF, these sac events need to be a little more spaced out, in my opinion. If they aren't, the tier rewards specific to the event need to be available to the lower level tiers.

Mercifal
05-14-2018, 04:31 PM
A bit of an update after next sacrifice - managed to get 1 legendary soul, 8 rare G/A souls,20 rare souls and 5 event souls from Sac tier VI. Legendary souls gave me WCotD and I am happy about it, but sadly event souls dropped only some 3*. Now I guess I have to wait 'til tomorrow, since I threw my gold just to open some of 'em.

Kris-0707
05-14-2018, 04:45 PM
About 200 event souls so far and still no Clansman. Now only 5 ironite left (from over 3k Monday last week), no more dupes to sacrify, calamity ...
Seriously, I don't know how you guys doing it having such a good pulls. My account is cursed for sure, I've never received event toon during any event since I pulled Viking from event soul in December 2 years ago (?). Rewards from new character events should be for everyone not only for chosen ones. Without new crucial, very often overpowered toons - PvP (end game here) doesn't make sense. Basically every day the gap between lucky ones and cursed players increases drastically. Luckies winning more battles, having more coins (relics) etc ....

R1ck
05-14-2018, 04:52 PM
After 3 Vortex , like 8 tier 6 , more than 100 event souls, also more than 100 rare souls and no any new toon. Also have never got any new Eddie from events souls, got them eventually.

Mercifal
05-14-2018, 05:59 PM
Welp, 5 more event souls, previous 8 G/A and 20 rare souls gave me nothing, just 3*. With no dupes left to sacrifice I can say that it's the end of an event for me. Filled up my vortex a bit, got Clansman, so overall I am quite happy with that event.

Sick
05-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Got two Iron Eddies within a minute. How likely is that?
Not so unhappy about it as Gauntlet will allow dupes.

kkkreg5
05-15-2018, 03:20 AM
About 200 event souls so far and still no Clansman. Now only 5 ironite left (from over 3k Monday last week), no more dupes to sacrify, calamity ...
Seriously, I don't know how you guys doing it having such a good pulls. My account is cursed for sure, I've never received event toon during any event since I pulled Viking from event soul in December 2 years ago (?). Rewards from new character events should be for everyone not only for chosen ones. Without new crucial, very often overpowered toons - PvP (end game here) doesn't make sense. Basically every day the gap between lucky ones and cursed players increases drastically. Luckies winning more battles, having more coins (relics) etc ....

It seems that the company sees that you (we) spend on the game and in order to keep us spending, will not reward us. The classic gambler's addiction. Those that do not spend are rewarded therefore enticed to spend too keep that "luck" going. This is the first game I've played since Madden Football on Sega Genesis in the early 90's. Things have changed... What a way to run a business I guess.

Yup
05-15-2018, 04:29 AM
It seems that the company sees that you (we) spend on the game and in order to keep us spending, will not reward us. The classic gambler's addiction. Those that do not spend are rewarded therefore enticed to spend too keep that "luck" going. This is the first game I've played since Madden Football on Sega Genesis in the early 90's. Things have changed... What a way to run a business I guess.

Possibly.. but then. I purchased the $25.00 Clansman power up pack and got the Clansman from those souls.... so......

(I don't imagine the power up pack was meant to guarantee the Clansman dropped).

rags-6094
05-15-2018, 05:23 AM
Gees Yup! Now you see what you've gone and done? I'm having a dilemma as to whether I should do the same!
And I've been burnt soooo many times before. But what if?

Blade
05-15-2018, 08:48 AM
I don't believe in these conspiracy theories. It is just a very very small chance to get the respective chars. Due to this forum and your trooper list you are shown that it is possible to get something. This makes you believe that it must be possible - also for yourself - and depending on your curiosity, greed, affinity to gamble etc. you take some action or not. This is intended and keeps the wheel turning. Do whatever you like, but to be honest I don't get it why people completely go crazy about every new char. Especially in this case, as the Clansman is not limited to the event souls (different from the Beast for example). As I said before in this thread, he is really good and fun to play with but it is not the case that you cannot play or compete without him.

scott-5496
05-15-2018, 09:50 AM
Yeah, that is my view as well Blade. I would rather use ironite on known oucomes such as the last event - you roughly know what you will get and you also get a lot more besides the end goal of souls. I like the LOL events and most others too as you know the outcomes generally speaking. I know I will never have the time for Eternal and as such all I really want to do it get top 250 or sometimes top 100 in arena and then grind and do events the rest fo the time. Eternal does not mean much to me and the loot is just not worth even thinking about in terms of effort/time/resource required. A new toon, while useful and new o fun for a while, is nice I just cant do the packs of souls anymore as i have had no luck on that.

The sac event did get me a PoM (and then a bloody second one - how often does that happen? Also the same when I got VHE and SSE!) so all in all I was OK with that as he was knew for me.

Being Scottish I very much want Clansman but I have no luck so no spend from me on ironite for soul packs as to be honest he will come round eventually (though it too a year and half to get Cyborg!)

blade685
05-15-2018, 03:19 PM
The problem is that is always same player that have new toons :)

GrimDusk
05-16-2018, 03:15 AM
^ Agreed. No offense, he's a great guy, but Patrice always seems to have the newest character instantly maxed out and fully sharded. Obviously it's not something he controls, but it's clear that certain players seem to get the characters more easily, putting players like me way behind. I just recently got Piece of Mind Eddie, and I love him, but he's already fallen out of the meta as far as I'm concerned.

Yup
05-16-2018, 03:22 AM
To be fair.. once you have most characters, it's not difficult to stockpile evo shards/runes, skill shards, talismans, and then frontier coins, etc to max out something immediately when it drops.

rags-6094
05-16-2018, 04:50 AM
I don't believe in these conspiracy theories. It is just a very very small chance to get the respective chars. Due to this forum and your trooper list you are shown that it is possible to get something. This makes you believe that it must be possible - also for yourself - and depending on your curiosity, greed, affinity to gamble etc. you take some action or not. This is intended and keeps the wheel turning. Do whatever you like, but to be honest I don't get it why people completely go crazy about every new char. Especially in this case, as the Clansman is not limited to the event souls (different from the Beast for example). As I said before in this thread, he is really good and fun to play with but it is not the case that you cannot play or compete without him.

Yep blade you're right, I have a number of quality eddies I haven't placed a single shard in yet, I guess I got caught up (as usual) in the whole gotta have the latest and greatest.
I don't for a second believe that some players are being victimised, I have characters that others have been waiting a year for and others get two POM eddies and I can't get one. Don't start me on Cyborg Eddie!
But that's the luck of the draw....

Lord-7618
05-16-2018, 07:03 AM
The problem is that is always same player that have new toons :)

Sorry Blade, but I have to disagree

I play the game since the very first day, and this one has been by far the best sacrifice event for me. I made about 6-7 tier VI sacrifices, filled the vortex twice and bought 10 freedom souls, and got:

enough dupes for sacrificing (like assasin children of the damned, pharaon eddie..)
and four eddies wich I hadn't:

Samurai (waiting for this one for a long long time)
Rainmaker
7th son
and CLANSMAN!!
So I've never been so lucky

Mizrael
05-16-2018, 08:45 AM
^ Agreed. No offense, he's a great guy, but Patrice always seems to have the newest character instantly maxed out and fully sharded. Obviously it's not something he controls, but it's clear that certain players seem to get the characters more easily, putting players like me way behind. I just recently got Piece of Mind Eddie, and I love him, but he's already fallen out of the meta as far as I'm concerned.

The question is: how much $$$ does Patrice spend to instantly get all those new toons?

I used to do the same thing up until xmass. as soon as a new event soul with a new character was introduced i would purchase 4000 ironite, get 50+ souls and i got him.

I woke up on xmass eve, when i kept buying and buying and buying....i think i’ve spent around 340$ on all the possible packs i could and didn’t get the Krampus nor ETG. that made me realize how sick this gambling machine is (checked back on my purchase history and realized i blew over 1300$ on this shitty game with no new content). i’ve stopped investing real money since then and started immediately to fall behind with my collection. only buying souls from in game acquired ironite- missed Iron Eddie, PoM,all 4 lilliths...
So it’s all about “how much are you willing to pay for having all the carrots?”

satani
05-16-2018, 11:15 AM
Got luck yesterday. A friend of mine did a tier 6 sacrifice and the vortex and one of the event souls dropped him the clansman.
And i though "when he's dropping now, then why not try, too". Sacrificed my hallowed eddie, a tailgunner and the navigator and got luck, too.
His final stats seem heavy and his damage is very good. (although i'm at Warrior Attack 10/10 relic). A good companion to 2 red lilith and the beast.

blade685
05-16-2018, 11:28 AM
Sorry Blade, but I have to disagree

I play the game since the very first day, and this one has been by far the best sacrifice event for me. I made about 6-7 tier VI sacrifices, filled the vortex twice and bought 10 freedom souls, and got:

enough dupes for sacrificing (like assasin children of the damned, pharaon eddie..)
and four eddies wich I hadn't:

Samurai (waiting for this one for a long long time)
Rainmaker
7th son
and CLANSMAN!!
So I've never been so lucky

sorry but i have only shit after several sacrifice that year :)

Sick
05-16-2018, 12:07 PM
sorry but i have only shit after several sacrifice that year :)

Come on dude. As long as you keep all your dupes and don't sacrifice them, you will never get any of the new characters. Dupes are only worth keeping if you are willing to shard them. If not, put them on the barbecue.

Blade
05-16-2018, 12:30 PM
The question is: how much $$$ does Patrice spend to instantly get all those new toons?

I used to do the same thing up until xmass. as soon as a new event soul with a new character was introduced i would purchase 4000 ironite, get 50+ souls and i got him.

I woke up on xmass eve, when i kept buying and buying and buying....i think i’ve spent around 340$ on all the possible packs i could and didn’t get the Krampus nor ETG. that made me realize how sick this gambling machine is (checked back on my purchase history and realized i blew over 1300$ on this shitty game with no new content). i’ve stopped investing real money since then and started immediately to fall behind with my collection. only buying souls from in game acquired ironite- missed Iron Eddie, PoM,all 4 lilliths...

Wow Mizrael! Thanks for that honest statement! I think this should be a warning for many others, especially if you are short in money! It is sad to read that you "fell behind" by stopping your investments, but I think these other toons will find the way to your collection. I am also looking forward to the next event with double chance for 4 and 5* drops, maybe for anniversary? The last one helped me a lot to get many toons I missed so far. I also aim for the complete collection, but I don't feel the need to have everything as fast as possible.
Maybe Patrice also wants to share his experience, but I can understand if not. Anyway, I remember some of his posts quite a while ago where you can conclude that there have been "some" investments. But that is not my business and I won't judge anyone. Still I like to raise awareness for those that are short in money and/or consider themselfes "too open" for gambling. Watch out!

blade685
05-16-2018, 01:24 PM
Come on dude. As long as you keep all your dupes and don't sacrifice them, you will never get any of the new characters. Dupes are only worth keeping if you are willing to shard them. If not, put them on the barbecue.

i sacrificed at each event and win another shit 5 and 4* dupes that i update to 100 and 80, it is why i have many dupes and i will do another useless sacrifices before the end of that event :)

Patrice-1201
05-16-2018, 02:30 PM

I used to spend a lot but not anymore, now I hoard and only spend resources for the toons that I want and since I now have them all it’s a lot easier to hoard souls and resources. For this event I had 7 vortex fills for instance. I don’t convert souls fragments or cash in souls until there is an event worth it.

Yup
05-16-2018, 03:25 PM

Kind of on bard with that. You HAVE to sacrifice high level characters to get DIFFERENT high level characters.

Perhaps that's the difference. I tend to not hoard dupes... I throw them back into the mix. I've lost count of how many times I've sacrifices Pharaoh, Rainmaker, Shaman, Aces High, Navigator, Visions, AG, Astra, Eda, et al. The only way to get more 5 stars is to get those legendary souls... and vortex fills is the easiest way.

rags-6094
05-16-2018, 06:57 PM
Kind of on bard with that. You HAVE to sacrifice high level characters to get DIFFERENT high level characters.

Perhaps that's the difference. I tend to not hoard dupes... I throw them back into the mix. I've lost count of how many times I've sacrifices Pharaoh, Rainmaker, Shaman, Aces High, Navigator, Visions, AG, Astra, Eda, et al. The only way to get more 5 stars is to get those legendary souls... and vortex fills is the easiest way.

Same here Yup, currently 'my team' has 160 toon holding spots with 152 filled with levelled up 5* toons, if I started saving dupe toons for events I imagine that would balloon out to 200+. I think the last 5 spots cost me 1.8M gold or 100 ironite...
Unless of course I don't open them... and just leave them hanging at the book...

blade685
05-16-2018, 07:46 PM

i sacrified more than 30 X 5* for sure because 30 achievement is done and many hundreds 4* :)
Another thing, i didn't win any Skill shard with sacrifice event, it is replace by shitty event souls i think :)

Ironstyle
05-16-2018, 08:42 PM
i sacrified more than 30 X 5* for sure because 30 achievement is done and many hundreds 4* :)
Another thing, i didn't win any Skill shard with sacrifice event, it is replace by shitty event souls i think :)

From my understanding, Tier 7 gives the most skill shards. Are you reaching Tier 7 when you sac?

blade685
05-16-2018, 10:10 PM
From my understanding, Tier 7 gives the most skill shards. Are you reaching Tier 7 when you sac?

one time that event at the beginning and only 6 and vortex

Ironstyle
05-16-2018, 10:17 PM
one time that event at the beginning and only 6 and vortex

Ah. I believe Yup told me that Tier 6 doesn't pay out in skill shards very much. You need to reach Tier 7 to get them. I've not had enough dupes to sac to test this, but maybe next event I can.

blade685
05-16-2018, 10:47 PM
Ah. I believe Yup told me that Tier 6 doesn't pay out in skill shards very much. You need to reach Tier 7 to get them. I've not had enough dupes to sac to test this, but maybe next event I can.

other event i had skill shard at 6 never that one

Yup
05-16-2018, 11:51 PM
Tier 6 will at times for me, but it's rare. Tier 7 and fills always do. Tier 5 or below.. good luck I NEVER see skill shards even though tiers 4 and 5 are supposed to award skill shards at times.

I've gotten more skill shards from skull quests than tier 4 and 5 sacrifices.

I did get a few skill shards for a vortex fill during this event. Not as many as usual only 4 or 5 I think. Usually it's around 10. I only did 1 vortex fill during this event.. and 1 level 6 (which gave me 1 or 2 skill shards if I remember correctly).

Amarthir
05-17-2018, 12:02 AM
I always get what I'm not looking for. If I want rare souls, I'll get GA souls and skill shards. If I want skill shards, I'll get GA souls and legendary souls... I get alot of GA souls.... But hey at least since I pulled the Assassin cotd during this event, I now have all the 5* gunners and assassin's that you can get from those souls.

Yup
05-17-2018, 03:55 AM
Show off! :p

I always feel a bit disappointed when I pull a tier 4 or 5 sacrifice and never see skill shards. In fact, I can't say I've ever gotten a skill shard from those. Most often it's 6 generic rare souls. Sometimes it's 3 generic rare souls and 3 class rare souls. I avoid tiers 4 and 5 because of this specifically. They aren't worth it.

Amarthir
05-17-2018, 04:39 AM
Show off! :p

I always feel a bit disappointed when I pull a tier 4 or 5 sacrifice and never see skill shards. In fact, I can't say I've ever gotten a skill shard from those. Most often it's 6 generic rare souls. Sometimes it's 3 generic rare souls and 3 class rare souls. I avoid tiers 4 and 5 because of this specifically. They aren't worth it.

Yeah, I barely touch grand sacrifices unless I just want to quickly top off a ring fill. Anything below just isn't worth it. In my opinion, tier 6 at 40k is the best kind of sacrifice because you get 6 big rewards. Unless your me and get like, no rare souls because the universe doesn't want me to have Visions, 7th Son or Clansman Eddie lmao.

scott-5496
05-17-2018, 10:58 AM
On my tier 6 on this event I got only a few Skill shards compared to the last event when I got a load of them - think I am sitting on 150 or so now - I only shard when I know that toon sis going to not be nerfed to death or when I get a new Eddie who will work in PVP (which is never to be honest - or at least until after that meta has moved on!). Like others I rarely get SS below tier 6 - the odd one or two but very, very few. More likely to get them in Skull Quests - I usually get a few per week from them.

This sac event I only managed three vortex and had maybe four or five the last time as kept getting decent legendary drops - not anywhere near that this time but that is the RNG I guess.

Still got PoM and did not have him, though again not sure he is that great as he seems easy to kill in arena.

blade685
05-17-2018, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I barely touch grand sacrifices unless I just want to quickly top off a ring fill. Anything below just isn't worth it. In my opinion, tier 6 at 40k is the best kind of sacrifice because you get 6 big rewards. Unless your me and get like, no rare souls because the universe doesn't want me to have Visions, 7th Son or Clansman Eddie lmao.

best choice is 40K for you, but level 6 is only 20K if you have 2X normal price it is the same to do 2 X level 6 or 1 time 40K no?
And you need only 10K more to reach level 7

GotN
05-19-2018, 03:09 PM
Just did my last possible Tier 6 sacrifice and blew my last ironit on event souls. Got some 5* over the week, but all in all again no new char and ofc no Clansman for me. After not getting PoM or the Beast another big dissappointment! Atm really don’t know for what I should continue „playing“ (more precisely: unmotivated pressing of buttons) any more. This game is so dead...

Liebhild
05-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Just did my last possible Tier 6 sacrifice and blew my last ironit on event souls. Got some 5* over the week, but all in all again no new char and ofc no Clansman for me. After not getting PoM or the Beast another big dissappointment! Atm really don’t know for what I should continue „playing“ (more precisely: unmotivated pressing of buttons) any more. This game is so dead...

Yup, those frauders ruin LotB. They should make random random and every thing would be fine. Their cheated soul shit is annoying like that non existent defense bonus.

kkkreg5
05-19-2018, 05:33 PM

I'm right there with you Got. 135 and no Clansman. I think the only new char I received was green Priestess. Everything else went back in the BBQ. I'm hoping the upcoming Immortal event will be like last year's with the possibility of getting the new 5* Edds. That's if "RNG" doesn't fuck us ofc...

Patrice-1201
05-19-2018, 05:43 PM
here is a suggestion for events souls to cut the complaints: add 10 fragments of the highlighted toon to each soul and a total of 500 fragments brings the highlighted toon. It means a guaranteed character for 50 souls opened but that will quite likely drive revenue up as people might be more inclined to buy the monthly legendary bundle...

blade685
05-19-2018, 06:48 PM
open many of them and no clansman cool...

Patrice-1201
05-19-2018, 08:25 PM
here is a suggestion for events souls to cut the complaints: add 10 fragments of the highlighted toon to each soul and a total of 500 fragments brings the highlighted toon. It means a guaranteed character for 50 souls opened but that will quite likely drive revenue up as people might be more inclined to buy the monthly legendary bundle...

Yup
05-19-2018, 08:30 PM

Excellent Idea... I think I saw something similar somewhere earlier in this thread :)

See I think that's how they should do it... put a guarantee at a specific soul. Kind of like a fragment event inside the event. Each conversion of an event soul gives you 10 guarantee fragments... 1000 guarantee fragments converts to the event character.

But then, that might put a cap on the income they generate as well... so.....

Fister
05-19-2018, 08:35 PM
RNG work in mysrerious ways. Normally I don't get the top prize, unless it is a 4* like Iron Eddie.
This time I have opened 40 event souls (8 from achievements, the rest from sacrifice) plus 4 or 5 legendary souls. Result - 4 Clansman Eddies.

rags-6094
05-19-2018, 08:47 PM

I'm confused, isn't this what their doing now?

Patrice-1201
05-19-2018, 09:09 PM
I'm confused, isn't this what their doing now?

No the frags will come with the event soul

Yup
05-19-2018, 09:19 PM
Right with each event soul you dropped into the BOS, you'd get that character, whatever it is.. and some fragments. Collect the fragments and you get the guaranteed event character.

Basically the same thing they are doing for Hero Souls.... but for event characters rather than Cyborg Ed (which was the first Hero round).

rags-6094
05-19-2018, 09:33 PM
Ahh ok I see yeah! That's a great idea, and fair too!

Yup
05-19-2018, 09:39 PM
but, keep in mind, if these characters are planned for Hero souls (which they probably are eventually).. well, it's basically the same thing. So perhaps the event could merely offer a head start on collecting those fragments.

hold
05-19-2018, 10:57 PM
RNG work in mysrerious ways. Normally I don't get the top prize, unless it is a 4* like Iron Eddie.
This time I have opened 40 event souls (8 from achievements, the rest from sacrifice) plus 4 or 5 legendary souls. Result - 4 Clansman Eddies.

You should have played the lottery ... Just do the math on those odds ...