PDA

View Full Version : Theory of Ironite

slauki
08-22-2016, 02:52 PM
First I have to mention, that i’m from Germany, so sorry for the grammar and the spelling, but I hope you can follow my thoughts about ironite.

As i started with the game i came up with the question, whats the best way to spend ironite.

Now i will try to inverstigate the different options:

At the moment you can use ironite to:
1. Convert it into gold
2. Buy sands of time
3. Revive allies
4. Buy souls

So let’s think about every option:

1. If you convert Ironite to gold the best you will get are 2.100.000 gold for 1000 ironite. The ups are, that you can instantly power up allies and talisman if you got the necessary resources. It takes no time and it can be a huge boost for your team especially in the early and mid game.
The downside is, that gold isn’t the biggest problem in the game. You can have 100million gold, but without the appropriate evo-runes and especially the 3* evo-shards for characters the gold is pretty useless. Another problem is, that it’s hard to get 1000 ironite, if you don’t want to spend a lot of real money. And ironite is very expensive. So if you don’t buy it, you would have to wait a real long time to get the best conversion rate, so this is another problem with this option.

2. Let’s compare the first option with the possibility to buy sands of time with the ironite.
Here it will get a little complicated, because we have to make some assumptions and there is no exacts value, which we can determinate.

Let’s assume we have 80 stands of time and play for maximal value. Maximum value in terms of gold is the final stage of the underworld, where you can earn 6665 gold for 5 sands of time. Additionally, you can earn 3* evo-runes, some 2* evo shards, some sand of time and some ironite of course.
When we take all that into consideration we can play approx. 20 rounds the number of the beast with 80 sands of time. I would guess, that you can even play 23 rounds, but lets stay conservative and say 20 rounds.

In the 20 rounds you will earn 133.300 gold plus approx.. 2,5 3* evo-runes which are essential to evolve your talismans. Additionally you will get approximately 5 ironite and many less valuable shards, runes, and souls which will add up.
So if you invest 1000 ironite in the sand of time refill it every time it will earn you about 35 additional turns, which will lead to 4.665.500 gold (I take the ironite into consideration that drops in the level). Additionally you will earn 85 3* evo runes and other stuff. You will also level up faster, but I will neglect that, to keep the things simple.

This would be a better solution, and you would not have to wait till you get 1000 sands of time. You could buy the sands of time every time when you get 30 of it and you want to play a little longer. And the troopers will be thankful too, because they can be used without problems.
The downside is obvious. Because you will have to spend several days in playing the same level over and over again. This would be very repetitive and boring after a while, but it would be more much valuable than buying gold. Another problem would be, that you will become rich, and have a bunch 4* characters with maxed out talismans. But without the 3* evo-shards you cannot evolve them to 5*.

So maybe we can find a better option:

When we use the sands of time and play solely in the last stage of the dungeon we can play 11 rounds and earn 115.027 gold and approx. 1,5 3* evo-shards, 0.5 rare souls, 3 ironite and other less valuable things. If we refill 35 times with 1000 ironite we will earn 4.025.945 gold, 52 3* evo-chards and 17 rare souls, which have a value of 1147 ironite if you compare it with the prices in the shop and the other stuff, which also adds up. This is huge in my opinion !!!

This option won’t take as much time as the number of the beast, but you will get plenty of value. In my opinion this would be the best way to spend the ironite, if you have a team that can consistently beat level 10 in the dungeons. We could do the math for lower stages at the dungeons, but not right now.

After doing this we will have some 5* characters but we won't have the evo-runes to maximize their talismans.

Thats why i will mix it up a little and grind the dungeons and the underworld stages, that i can beat on auto. This is an suboptimal but comfortable/pragmatic solution, which will be differernt for everyone. There are too many levels to consider, so i will neglect this and concentrate on the "optimal" solution.

3. Revive allies doesn’t get you that far in my opinion, unless you use it in the dungeons to get 25 ironite and use it to earn 3 skulls in to open the secret locations. I won’t use this if not absolutely necessary, I think this is throwing ironite outside of the window.

4. With 1000 Ironite you can buy 14,8 rare souls. When you compare this with the dungeons you will find that this is an very suboptimal way to spend the ironite. Especially when you get your 7th wickerdog queen ;-)

So my conclusion is clear. I will spend my ironite, to purchase sands of time and use it in the dungeons and underworld madness. Occasionally I will revive my allies. But due to a bug, I still cannot use this option anyway.

I’m curious what you think about this theory. I could write even more, but I’m afraid that it will get too boring for you to read. I appreciate every critic, that can sharpen my theory :-)

Nekroliun
08-22-2016, 02:54 PM
2muchmath4me

Qed
08-22-2016, 03:01 PM
My question here is: how do you know your data is right?
I mean, you suppose a certain drop chance but i don't think you have the data to suppose them.

Temophab
08-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Thanks for doing all that math for us.
I think that Your way of spending ironite is optimal.

H3lls4ng3l
08-22-2016, 03:11 PM
Honestly, I think this is one of the best posts I have seen so far here. I agree with your solution, although I have never used the sands of time re-fill, as I prefer to just wait for them to auto re-fill. But the problem is, in my opinion, that not everybody has a team strong enough to beat the last level of the dungeon. I wouldn't buy money with ironite, just play the secret levels. They provide 90000 coins a day (there are 9 secret levels, and for example the one that gives you 20000 is available every two days, so 10000 per day in the end). In 11 days you would have 990000, without the money you get per dungeon or level aside from the secret ones. Sorry for any grammar or vocab mistake, English isn't my first language.

slauki
08-22-2016, 03:11 PM
I mean, you suppose a certain drop chance but i don't think you have the data to suppose them.

i think that i made really conservative assumptions, which are based on experience. this are not exact results, but i think the difference is the outcome so high, that the optimal way should be obvious even if you lower some dropchances.

Dutch
08-22-2016, 03:19 PM
Yes I agree, I have been buying refills with my dungeon ironite and will keep doing so, it is far cheaper than buying a 10 rare soul bundle as with the 675 ironite I'm pretty sure I can at least get double that in the dungeons alongside gold and shards. No need to buy those bundles any longer as dungeon is a better way of getting souls.

slauki
08-22-2016, 03:23 PM
Yes I agree, I have been buying refills with my dungeon ironite and will keep doing so, it is far cheaper than buying a 10 rare soul bundle as with the 675 ironite I'm pretty sure I can at least get double that in the dungeons alongside gold and shards. No need to buy those bundles any longer as dungeon is a better way of getting souls.

as long as the droprates stay as they are this is true. i hope that the devs won't eliminate that option although this would be really nasty. there has to be a possibility to get rare souls without buying them i think.

Dutch
08-22-2016, 03:26 PM
Yeah but I have a funny feeling that come the next sentinel dungeon they'll remove them, I hope not though as it keeps the farming a little more exciting

jpmusic
08-22-2016, 03:29 PM

Not to bomb the party, but... yeah. It sounds right, but the drop rates are so random that we have no idea what to expect anymore. Some people get a lot of 3* evo-shards, some don't.

That said, I guess you could be right. Everything depends on how much you play and the characters you have. Hitting the Auto button on the hardest level of the dungeons is something very few players can do, even with great Troopers to support them. That's where another variable gets in: the RNG for souls. Yes, 5* characters aren't everything, but they give you a huge boost that you only get a couple times a day if you don't have one. Characters like the COTD, Corrupted General, Allied General or Carriage Rider Eddie help a lot, and not everyone has them. So... this could work, but it has many requirements that not everyone has access to.

jpmusic
08-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Yeah but I have a funny feeling that come the next sentinel dungeon they'll remove them, I hope not though as it keeps the farming a little more exciting

I read somewhere that they will remove it, but I really REALLY pray that they don't. The game has had enough problems already to remove one of the best bonus things it has. BUT... Ironite is the main source of income for the dev team, if they give it away so easily the players won't pay for it. Maybe they could reduce it to 15 instead of 25 or 28, but no less. The dungeons were supposed to be a place where we could get a lot of 3* evo-shards for us to be able to level up, but if we can't play them because of the huge amount of SoT we need to farm there (and even in the dungeons 3* drops are RARE), we're pretty much stuck back where we were.

Kaijester
08-22-2016, 03:35 PM

Sorry to inform but the Ironites are only for the 1st clearance...next sentinel event will have the stages cleared if you have cleared it before.

Dutch
08-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Yeah I was aware of the ironite not being rewarded come the next cycle but I hope they leave the rare souls in there as that makes it worth my while farming for them

Qed
08-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Talking about the rare souls, not the 25 ironite.
Btw removing rare souls from the rift is orrible, in 2 weeks it will be the only reason to play it since if you don't have chars to evolve you don't need shards too.

Dutch
08-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Btw removing rare souls from the rift is orrible, in 2 weeks it will be the only reason to play it since if you don't have chars to evolve you don't need shards too.

Exactly my thoughts too

slauki
08-22-2016, 03:50 PM

a really good point, when you have maxed out everything, why should you continue playing?

another point i wanted to answer is the randomness of the drops.
if we assume that the dropchance of 3* evo-shards is 5% then you will get statisticly 5 3* shards, if you play 100 times. that means, that someone will get 0 while the other one will get 10 but this is meaningless. if you assume, that the chances are 5% you can calculate exactly with that number, regardless of the results. if you play often enough you will get apprrox. 5 out of 100. but only the devs know the exact numbers, so this is a little guesswork from my side :-)

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 03:53 PM
Definitely agreed that SoT is the best way to spend ironite - but not when you're at 98% leveled at going to get a refill in a couple of plays time like wot I am right now :þ

slauki
08-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Definitely agreed that SoT is the best way to spend ironite - but not when you're at 98% leveled at going to get a refill in a couple of plays time like wot I am right now :þ

in this case i would wait to get 5 sands of time and play number of the beast. i always give me 2% progress (currently on level 77)
i hope the progress won't drop when i reach 80 :-)

Temophab
08-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Sorry to inform but the Ironites are only for the 1st clearance...next sentinel event will have the stages cleared if you have cleared it before.

Even if You got those bonuses only once it is still really nice amount of ironite. Souls in store are pretty expensive. Option to farm them with some effort from dungeons makes ironite packages more attractive.
I think that's a good to have two options. 1st to buy souls from store to get boost at start for those players with higher budget. 2nd to farm souls from dungeons for all "endgame?" players.
If all the players see that with their time and money are able to achieve something in the game. They are more inclined to buy.
However, if you see clearly that to achieve anything you need to spend a fortune...

Dutch
08-22-2016, 04:04 PM
in this case i would wait to get 5 sands of time and play number of the beast. i always give me 2% progress (currently on level 77)

I think it does

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 04:42 PM
Good call!

zamasu
08-22-2016, 04:49 PM
I think is funny how I was doing the math last night (not the drop rate and stuff) but yes with the gold. And I agree the best option is to get refills and farm your levels depending on what you are looking for

Vaseodin
08-22-2016, 05:23 PM
Sands of time is definitely the optimal use of ironite. Unless you're in a hurry to get gold, there really are very few other options.

Flann
08-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Sands of time is definitely the optimal use of ironite. Unless you're in a hurry to get gold, there really are very few other options.

Totally agree. SoT is IMO the best use of Ironite. What I am constantly short on talisman runes. Having around 30 capped 5*'s will do that. There is no shortcut for that except to grind.

ShadowRising
08-23-2016, 10:18 PM
Honestly, I think this is one of the best posts I have seen so far here. I agree with your solution, although I have never used the sands of time re-fill, as I prefer to just wait for them to auto re-fill. But the problem is, in my opinion, that not everybody has a team strong enough to beat the last level of the dungeon. I wouldn't buy money with ironite, just play the secret levels. They provide 90000 coins a day (there are 9 secret levels, and for example the one that gives you 20000 is available every two days, so 10000 per day in the end). In 11 days you would have 990000, without the money you get per dungeon or level aside from the secret ones. Sorry for any grammar or vocab mistake, English isn't my first language.yep my team aint strong enough to beat 10 without reviving several times, sooooo i farm at the point to where i can win with none or maybe 1 revive if it goes wrong.

Cthulhum
08-25-2016, 08:37 AM
I also agree with this post, but i considered it relevant as a late-game option (already having acquired a couple of level 5 characters and maxed some talismans).
It just didn't feel much appealing using ironite for souls anymore, as nevertheless there were not enough talismans (very expensive to max) around to put to new 5 star ones.

You also need to have enough free time to play too :)

Olevipoeg
08-25-2016, 10:01 AM
In this logic is one crack. Most people don't have so much free time in their hands. You should calculate how much one hour of your time really costs to you.

slauki
08-25-2016, 07:27 PM
In this logic is one crack. Most people don't have so much free time in their hands. You should calculate how much one hour of your time really costs to you.

i mentioned this in the post, but it's not important for the optimal spending of ironite. it's an important real live concideration for sure, but thats why i chose the header "theory of ironite". you are talking about "praxis of ironite abuse" :-D

The Educated fool
08-25-2016, 08:27 PM
i mentioned this in the post, but it's not important for the optimal spending of ironite. it's an important real live concideration for sure, but thats why i chose the header "theory of ironite". you are talking about "praxis of ironite abuse" :-D

Neatly elucidated! :cool:

Olevipoeg
08-26-2016, 07:49 AM
I'm currently conducting experiment to max Soldier Eddie warrior skills. I'm not opening future skills until it is done. So Kingdom of Sands Powerslave Madness is most profitable place to grind. 2200 money in 4 minutes. It's practically impossible to run out sands of times there, because it gives so much sands of time out. :)

MadMax
08-27-2016, 12:12 AM
I've also been buying sands with my ironite and using trooper badges to buy some souls, but that hasn't been panning out. All my 5*s came from random drops, and I'm about to just focus on skill shards until I max at least one solid team.

I thank you for doing the math and I believe your estimates are reasonable.

Painkiller
09-19-2016, 01:15 PM
Thanks for this theory of "Everything" :) ...it is very logical and I will follow this path, asap ..just need to finish 2 more stages of Underworld :) ..but stacked 2000 Ironites by now :)