PDA

View Full Version : The nail in the coffin... State of the Union Players Side

Patrice-1201
05-21-2018, 02:29 PM
Hi Troopers, Devs,

Following the recent events and feedback on both the Forums and the Facebook page, I think it is time for things to drastically change to avoid a dead end that nobody really wants.

The level of disappointment amongst players has never been so high and it is a real shame as potential is clearly there but it seems that the big difference in the last couple of months is that this frustration is now also shared by NF.

In a recent post, Sparton clearly let his frustration out and exposed the current direction the game is taking: “characters not content generates revenue”.

This I believe is the root cause of all our woes as the constant introduction of new (very often useless) toons can only make those key toons harder to get and take the excitement of opening souls away.

Although Heroic souls are getting in the right direction they are very periodic and it may tels months for some players to see the toon they really need.

In my view the issue is that Legendary Souls often results in Massive Disapointment with characters that are anything but Legendary and that common souls are rendered useless by the sheer number of possibilities of anything but what you want. But the real problem are event souls, they are populated with toons nobody cares about and say one thing: “players, we do not give a damn about the time and money you invest in the game”... the solution I proposed earlier this week seems to be the only valid one here as it will both reward users with the highlighted toon and reward NF with revenue.

Basically each Event Soul opened gives a fragment of the highlighted character and a maximum of 50 opened Event Souls will therefore reward that highlighted toon. More than fair I would say... with this scheme more players will actually be pushing the 4000 ironites purchased button after not getting the highlighted toon through the 10 earnable Event Souls from challenges. Without this, the game will die...

To me the nail in the coffin is the current Immortal Event which should have been the biggest thing of the Year to date and was clearly designed to limit the number of rewards to 2 for most players unlike last year where most players got 4 or 5 and actually spent to reach those levels. This year, most people gave up just by reading the announcement of the event... I am not saying this as a personal rant as I have all the Eddies in the game, I am concerned that short term revenue chase will lead players away and ultimately destroy a game we love and for which we devoted a lot time, money and passion.

Please please please be considerate about the time we all invest and let the players be rewarded. Rewards will pay off way more than frustration for NF and the band as well.

I would challenge Sparton’s comment on Characters Vs Content as well. This is true short term and we are reaching the end of “short term”. Even the most dedicated and stubborn players like me are getting tired of the endless grinding, we need to discover (new Worlds) or compete (PvP or Gauntlet) not grind. This is why unlike many I find relics very good, it gives us something else to fight for and be competitive, the gap is normal, what has to be balanced are the rewards for each tier.

Another point is please do not over evaluate your payable rewards and under evaluate the compensation you give, this clearly gives out a “we could not care less message”. Most of us could not play at all on the first 30 hours of the Immortal Event as the servers were clearly failing, no acknowledgement, no apologies, probably no compensations but most importantly if there is a compensation, make it an Immortal Soul, not 150 Ironite, as this extremely low amount compared to the high amount you charge for things is insulting. People saved us, anticipated, anxiously waited for this event and got nothing because the servers were down, the drop rates were beyond stupid and the grinding requirements beyond exaggerated...

All in all, we are Iron Maiden’s fans and the game should not be a cash grab but a reward which makes a bit of money for the band. Right now it seems like a Iron Maiden’s game with a Justin Bieber business model...

Please, please, please listen for once, there is still time to change...

And please respond as well to some of our questions such as when and how are Souls decided. To ignore us on this is also insulting...

Patrice-1201
05-21-2018, 04:51 PM
Troopers feel free to add your own views ;-)

blade685
05-21-2018, 04:57 PM
perhaps they will understand that time or not....

slauki
05-21-2018, 04:59 PM
i like the idea, but it's too late if you ask me. maybe a new generation of players could profit from it. but i'm not sure if a new generation exists...

rags-6094
05-21-2018, 05:19 PM
I'm in agreement I've said it myself in plenty of rants, I think for me I'll just plod along for a while doing the daily grind and see what comes of it, spending a little to no dollars.
The regular forum users here seem to me to be the eppitamy of what the game is all about, going that one step further than just playing the game we take the time to communicate with one another, something that is sadly lacking on NF's part.

A bit of up front honesty is what's required, communication, feedback etc...
It used to happen, not so much now though, and isn't that the whole idea of forums? So NF gets some feedback on how the customers are feeling about the game.
Most of the posts are about being ripped off, dupes, RNG, it should be a bunch of happy users having some friendly banter about how they smashed some team, or got their asses handed to them, how to better equip this toon or a strategy on how to handle that quest etc.
Has anyone got Steve, Bruce, Nicko, etc's mobile number? Give 'em a call and let them know what their patrons are doing to their investment!
Enough said.. on my part..

hold
05-21-2018, 05:26 PM
I play as a habit and not out of joy ...

From what I can see the last straw is the Legacy of the tour and if after that one the business point of view fails they close the doors. OK, I am a long term player but if I manage with no effort (no recharges) to be within the top 50 of PvP what does that tell you about how many players do give a shit about PvP (or the slot machine)?

I said it before and say it again: This game is doomed ... unfortunately it's not an offline game - so when they close the doors the game is most likely gone as well. But I am already psychologically prepared for that moment ... :cool:

MrFreeze
05-21-2018, 05:52 PM
One of the last things holding people to the game, is not something of NFs doing. It’s the great community that a lot of cool people built together out of a love for a band first, and a fun game second. Most of those people have tried ridiculously hard to help NF make a product that we can all love. With most of these things, they’ve either delayed, or ignored what might have been best. One too many bad decisions have been made. I don’t see this changing unfortunately.

And all this makes me sad. I’m not mad. Just sad about it. How much fun would it have been to take eddie on raids with your guild members, to climb the ladder with all those characters we maxed out, etc. nothings going to change as long as NF runs the game. I’ve seen what NF/RH was capable of for the last two years, and sadly I’m not impressed.

Prove me wrong NF. Give me a reason to return to this game!

Saigrim
05-21-2018, 05:56 PM
I’d actually take them shutting the doors with a sigh of gratitude. I’ve stayed this long for the Eddies, artwork, what have you. Tired of getting robbed though, and no desire to pull my wallet out for more disappointment. Hopefully once this game shits out Eddie will return in some new digital form. Just hope it’s by a company that realizes happy customers are paying customers.

Patrice-1201
05-24-2018, 03:54 PM
And still no answers from the devs...

Kmadd69
05-26-2018, 12:09 AM
Lol these imbeciles can’t even fix there server

90mphyorker
05-26-2018, 01:24 AM
Lol these imbeciles can’t even fix there server

Oh the irony.

Yup
05-26-2018, 02:28 AM
oh the incompetence!

Jofer16
05-26-2018, 04:40 AM
Good man Patrice!

Sparton actually said that? LOL, his incompetence still baffles me, dude single handily ran this game into the ground. There is no new generation, it’s a niche genre and they chased away all the gamers already.. Gmac, Enti, Nicko, Silent, Canyptian, etc etc etc. They focus on preying on new user noobs now. Spartons never made a rational gaming decision in his life, must have a paper degree but ain’t put a fingerprint on a controller, phone, tablet.. theory with no brains.

Kaz seems like he makes better decisions and his posts aren’t retarded. Maybe some day whoever’s paying the bills for this game gets a clue and it 180s into a great game like IM deserves. Wish I could invest time here again, until then just wrecking a real game MSF in a top global alliance. But hey, Sparton wrecked arena cause he thought I was a cheater/gimmick, dudes wet behind the ears.

Still hoping this ship ain’t sunk, but it’s gonna take a regime change.

Cheers my friend!

Lord Schmeb
05-26-2018, 05:07 AM
Jofer drinks pee.

Mizrael
05-26-2018, 06:01 AM
Jofer drinks pee.

Jofer is too cool to having to drink! or even pee! he just radiates greatness!

Have you never asked yourself: “Why doesn’t Chuck Norris ever post on these forums?” Well...that’s cuz he is scared of Jofers wrath!!!

PS: Jofer...weren’t you supposed to be called the night prawler or something after your last metamorphosis! (i thought that will include a full account change and all :( ) o.O

Jofer16
05-26-2018, 06:20 AM
Jofer is too cool to having to drink! or even pee! he just radiates greatness!

Have you never asked yourself: “Why doesn’t Chuck Norris ever post on these forums?” Well...that’s cuz he is scared of Jofers wrath!!!

PS: Jofer...weren’t you supposed to be called the night prawler or something after your last metamorphosis! (i thought that will include a full account change and all :( ) o.O

Hadn’t seen my cheerleaders post in awhile, glad to see you loosen up your brastrap and join us!

Mizrael
05-26-2018, 07:51 AM
Hadn’t seen my cheerleaders post in awhile, glad to see you loosen up your brastrap and join us!

Well...there’s not much more to be said that hasn’t been said yet. i’ve said that No Future studios was a bunch of useless “people” with no creativity back in November 2016. i even suggested that they should just pull the plug on this mess and save us all from further suffering. back then i was witch hunted by the wannabes for insulting the best game ever...nowadays it’s considered cool and every second member of these forums feels that way.

So i just sit back and wait for you to give me something to laugh about....
Wait what was it the last time? oh yeah! You describing MSF as a game with combat system full of synergies, kinda like “the standard which WOW set”!!! LOL!? WHAT?! WOW set some standards?! i almost did my trousers there! EPIC! name one thing which WOW didn’t copy from old school MMORPGs! sorry but i have been playing asian MMOs decades before WOW and already those had buffers and zero damage characters....

anyway...waiting for more “Jofers wisdom about how the universe works” every single day to have a blast again. ;)

edsel
05-26-2018, 10:33 AM
Many players who have left still check in here hoping for a reason to return. Current frustrated paying clients offer constructive ways to retain NF customers who have not left to spend on another game that offers what we ask for. Think how the game would be is the servers functioned seamlessly and there was new content every 6 months. Old players returning, current ones happy, new players harvested from tour, all spending time and coin that offset any investment made to buy adequate hardware and create/program new content.

Biscuitasylum
05-26-2018, 02:00 PM
Excellent post.

I have to agree. The game is definitely dying in our home

I won’t even pay real world money anymore. Not until new content is released.

It was fun for the first month I started playing, now, it’s boring as fuck.

Patrice-1201
05-26-2018, 02:24 PM
Excellent post.

I have to agree. The game is definitely dying in our home

I won’t even pay real world money anymore. Not until new content is released.

It was fun for the first month I started playing, now, it’s boring as fuck.
And yet so easy to fix...

Biscuitasylum
05-26-2018, 02:53 PM
Agreed.

Until they release a new map and not just lame characters over and over, no money from me anymore.