PDA

View Full Version : Fight with Valor (Arena) - Get the very first 6-SET Talisman!

Sparton_LOTB
05-27-2018, 12:03 AM
Earn the game’s very first 6-set talisman and more by achieving milestones in the new Cathedral Arena!

With the start of the Legacy of the Beast European Tour 2018 comes an incredible new environment for the Arena! The Cathedral is inspired by the set pieces featured in the Tour stage design that just kicked off in Tallinn, Estonia. This new Arena celebrates the Legacy of the Beast European Tour and players will be able to battle in its hallowed halls throughout the tour. See the impact that a new demonic force has wrought across the past, present, and future of the Cathedral!

From now until June 2nd, 5 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of wins in the Arena before the event is over:

Win 10 Arena battles: Iron Coins x150 + Rare Soul x1 + Warrior Child of the Damned Fragments x10 + Valor Talisman x1
Win 30 Arena battles: Iron Coins x150 + Skill Shard x1 + Warrior Child of the Damned Fragments x10 + Valor Talisman x1
Win 75 Arena battles: Iron Coins x300 + Legendary Soul x1 + Warrior Child of the Damned Fragments x20 + Valor Talisman x1
Win 150 Arena battles: Iron Coins x400 + Skill Shard x3 + Warrior Child of the Damned Fragments x10 + Valor Talisman x1
Win 300 Arena battles: Iron Coins x500 + Rare Soul x5 + Warrior Child of the Damned Fragments x50 + Valor Talisman x2 [FULL SET!]

In addition, there are stretch goal reward tiers for every 100 wins beyond 300 (to a max of 1000 wins), that gets you Legendary Soul x2 + Skill Shard x1 + Valor Talisman x2 for each stretch goal achieved!

One of the big feature rewards for this event is the game’s very first 6-set talisman! The 6-set talisman has an incredibly potent effect, but can only be used by characters who have only red talisman slots (such as Samurai Eddie, your starter Eddie, Warrior Child of the Damned, Warrior/Assassin Newborns of Light, Desert Warrior, and more!). Collect this powerful set to gain an edge in the Arena (and elsewhere!) before they become available elsewhere in the future:

Valor Talismans are red talismans with a 6 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to double your MAX HP for the duration of the battle and remove a Golden Effect from all enemies with every action!

Finally, we have a series of tie-in promotional store items in the shop. If you find yourself short the wins to get to a tier that will finish the talisman set, you can buy a two of the featured talisman for Ironite, and if you’d like to get a full set of the talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an IAP.

kkkreg5
05-27-2018, 12:06 AM
The server issues continue Sparton...

Fudjo
05-27-2018, 12:11 AM
OUTSTANDING job with the new Arena look!!!!

Symbiote
05-27-2018, 12:17 AM
Damn.., finally a new Arena, couldn't see the Temple anymore. :D And i like the look of the Cathedral.. awesome, especially the 'past' and 'future' version. nice
i have the feel they uploaded this yesterday with the maintenance? :D

edit: woah the big hall behind our team is awesome. every attack have a cooler, fresh feel now, this time this motivats me for the arena event.., even 300 is still hard, espicially with the ongoing other event. ouh.. :D

Amarthir
05-27-2018, 12:19 AM
There is no "event" label upside the Arena icon.

In the Event tab at the Challenges are listed the goals of the past event.

Scroll down and you'll see the new challenges.

I like the new arena look. Very cool and cinematic. I'm disappointed that Necropolis Talismans aren't available anywhere like I was hoping. Also, some of the skippable screens are not skippable now, for example the rewards screen. I tap the screen like a dozen times but it doesn't skip until a few seconds have passed.

Askora
05-27-2018, 12:44 AM
Battle #1

I guess it's another extreme difficulty event!

Alvorada
05-27-2018, 12:46 AM
Scroll down and you'll see the new challenges.

I like the new arena look. Very cool and cinematic. I'm disappointed that Necropolis Talismans aren't available anywhere like I was hoping. Also, some of the skippable screens are not skippable now, for example the rewards screen. I tap the screen like a dozen times but it doesn't skip until a few seconds have passed.

yes, my mistake.

Thank you anyway!! !

Yup
05-27-2018, 12:46 AM
Valor set is a blue buff. Much like the Force set, all it takes is 1 hit from a buff stealer to loose the benefit of the 2xHP. I'd be cautious trying to depend on it in PvP. Especially since all 6 are only going to offer 1100HP per talisman, so you're looking at roughly +6.6K without the 2x hp.. That's typically far too low to be useful in PVP in my opinion.

Amarthir
05-27-2018, 12:57 AM
I find it difficult to find a *good* PvP toon to apply them to. Turns out characters with 6 red slots aren't good to come by. If I had Alexander Eddie I'm sure he'd like to have them.

rags-6094
05-27-2018, 03:25 AM
I'm finding it difficult to win a fight in the Arena, the AI gives unfair advantages to the other side, for example, both teams using warrior Lilith both have echo buff, AI gives the other repeats every go practically, I have not had echo buff do any good at all...

GrimDusk
05-27-2018, 03:47 AM
So I don't know who saw this, but I want to speculate.
https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/1000534645648244736

So this was released with very little context, but here's what I see: A new Eddie, unsure of what he does but he looks similar to Holy Smokes, and I also see a weird demon thing. At first, I wasn't sure what this was, but I think I may know now. The game is called "Legacy of the Beast," what if that's some old version of The Beast or the Beast's master? Maybe it's the gauntlet? I don't know, but it looks very cool. I thought it was a new Eddie from all the promos, but now I don't think so. What do you guys think?

Answer_V
05-27-2018, 06:07 AM
a few weeks ago, I appeared on the screen without a picture of the holy smoke ed 5 * I even wrote it on the forum somewhere just as it was sometimes seen garden of life before BW

Yup
05-27-2018, 07:27 AM
I'm finding it difficult to win a fight in the Arena, the AI gives unfair advantages to the other side, for example, both teams using warrior Lilith both have echo buff, AI gives the other repeats every go practically, I have not had echo buff do any good at all...

That's the 15-20% accuracy boost the AI gets which the dev's state "doesn't exist" and it's all merely "player perception" but every single player has pretty much commented on noticing it.

Rane
05-27-2018, 07:47 AM
Few server errors but it's ok so far...Hopet there will be weak defences :)

surfingwithdje
05-27-2018, 07:49 AM
The new cathedral arena is magnificient ! 🤘🤘

Ip4
05-27-2018, 08:36 AM
will be great if everyone put low defence :)

Amarthir
05-27-2018, 09:19 AM
That's the 15-20% accuracy boost the AI gets which the dev's state "doesn't exist" and it's all merely "player perception" but every single player has pretty much commented on noticing it.

Except me lol but I believe you guys.

Symbiote
05-27-2018, 11:15 AM
Does anyones Teamsection in Skulls Quests is broken too? For over a week it doesn't save right the used teams.., and often it copies to cosmos world's.. and why do we have 3 teams for SQ but not for cosmos World's?! :/

But i am really excited for the new arena and what will come. But i hope you don't forget al the bugs.., Sentinel Liliths new passive still doesn't work right..
And some Months ago i mentioned that if the Game is set to english in Settings the News Screen still is german... i don't think that this can't be that difficult to fix...

we will se..
But again and again.., your Artists are doing a great job!

Liebhild
05-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Does anyones Teamsection in Skulls Quests is broken too? For over a week it doesn't save right the used teams.., and often it copies to cosmos world's.. and why do we have 3 teams for SQ but not for cosmos World's?! :/

I reported this in the "May 8th 2018 Downgrade Discussion"-thread, but fixing things doesn't bring money, only new overpowered toons.

JJJ428
05-27-2018, 01:14 PM
I do want to compliment them on thing for this event. The 1500 iron coins for 300 wins.

For anyone who can’t see the math when you are a top 25 person you get 15 iron coins, but if you are down in the standings you only get 10. By giving the extra 1500 coins that’s makes me more ok with setting a joke defense and know I won’t miss out on any coins. So not sure if the 1500 was intentional or not but I do like the added motivation to set a joke defense to help others out. Just wish more people were inclined to do so to help the community out, about the only upside to this game is the community.

Iced_Earth
05-27-2018, 01:37 PM
I dont get it, why so many ppl set their normal Defense on Arena Events.

Thats just stupid.. but i use my doubleheart defense.. enjoy free wins, guys

Liebhild
05-27-2018, 01:47 PM
Agree here, with every arena event the numbers decrease.

Symbiote
05-27-2018, 02:49 PM
They should do that defense wins count, but i don't think so that this ever will happen...
Then would it make sense for everyone to build a good defense and it wouldn't be that 24/7 arena events.., i don't like these events because they are the most time consuming events for months...

JJJ428
05-27-2018, 03:09 PM
It would be easier and quicker if more just set single eddie defenses the 300 wins comes pretty easy then. Just seems less people are setting these defenses anymore.

blade685
05-27-2018, 03:19 PM
cyborg, no need i have him many times and bad for pvp, i used him now never
VH, i want him since a long time, now less because there is better than him for pvp now
Wcotd, i don't care of him, i have him and never used or sharded, the ass is better than him: the badest dev choice of the 3

Iced_Earth
05-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Arena is actually Massively frustrating with those relics and Teams �� 80 wins, 2300 Rating and only stupid Teams who are unkillable

Liebhild
05-27-2018, 03:32 PM
This event should be named "Fight with bugs"

Shaolin85london
05-27-2018, 04:07 PM
This event should be named "Fight with bugs" lmao 😆😆😆 this

Crazypants
05-27-2018, 05:31 PM
It would be easier and quicker if more just set single eddie defenses the 300 wins comes pretty easy then. Just seems less people are setting these defenses anymore.

Yeah Im getting stomped this event. Doubt Ill have the tenacity to make it to 300. Though everyone else can enjoy my lvl 1 Eddie.:confused:

GotN
05-27-2018, 05:34 PM
Yeah Im getting stomped this event. Doubt Ill have the tenacity to make it to 300. Though everyone else can enjoy my lvl 1 Eddie.:confused:

Same here. Have set a little present for you all too. Have fun everybody \m/

magick2401
05-27-2018, 07:15 PM
During the last arena event, lots of players I saw were putting up "easy" defenses. I don't see that so much this go round.

Can't we all just help each other reach the 300 goal? I set up an easy defense so feel free to have at me and get those wins and IC. And I hope I run into some of you all that are willing to help!

Tim28213
05-27-2018, 07:18 PM
I’ve set a level 1 Eddie as my normal defense even before this. LoL I still get the same reward as when I have a tougher defense so why bother.

infinite dreamer
05-27-2018, 07:24 PM
I have a weak defense too. I've recognized quite a few players from here, so thank you to all of you helping out! Good luck everyone!

Yup
05-27-2018, 07:44 PM
I'd set a weak defense if I was fighting weak defenses. Truth is 1 in every 10 matches has a weak defense. It's not that prolific.

So I tend to use a weak defense for a few hours.. then switch back to normal defense for a few hours.. repeat.

HuckFinn150
05-27-2018, 11:46 PM
Dropped my defence, and only using my lower stat Eddie's. The computer is against me. Lost 3 in a row to what should have been easy wins. I can't deal with the 10,000 turns to my one. I'm dead before I throw the first punch. Enjoy my gifts...

HuckFinn150
05-27-2018, 11:50 PM
Set my defence to only my basic Eddie's. Enjoy. I can't deal with the computer giving 10,000 turns to my one.

FarmerEddie
05-28-2018, 01:10 AM
Anyone else getting the game shutting off on them randomly? Just goes off to the phone's home screen, no warning. Makes the grind for these stupid arena events even longer. Thanks to everybody who puts easy teams on their defenses. Helps this farmer maybe have the time to reach my 300 in a week. I got a pretty weak farm themed team too. Have at er boys and girls. I'll be glad to see your easy teams in my defense tab. Also, I try to attack said easy teams with a 3 man team so you can easily spot me in your defense tab. Good luck everyone!

rags-6094
05-28-2018, 02:02 AM
Can someone please explain to me the positives and negatives for me of setting a weak team in this event?
Doesn't that somehow go against me whilst working out my finishing position for the next week?

What about all the cowboys on there that aren't part of the forums?
I mean I'm happy help my fellow forum trooper through this event but surely there has to be a down side for me?

JustAFruit
05-28-2018, 02:16 AM
Can someone please explain to me the positives and negatives for me of setting a weak team in this event?
Doesn't that somehow go against me whilst working out my finishing position for the next week?

What about all the cowboys on there that aren't part of the forums?
I mean I'm happy help my fellow forum trooper through this event but surely there has to be a down side for me?

I have a week defense and im still above 2100 rn. I been lucky hitting other people with low defenses. But during these events i still hit my position.

JJJ428
05-28-2018, 02:20 AM
the good is keeps ranking low so fight weaker teams easier to get desired amount of wins, plus helping out others by giving them a weak defense to beat up on, if you care about ranking just put real defense by Thursday or Friday and should be able to get close to where you want. Because there is no downside there, i don’t see why more don’t set weak defenses unless you are going for something specific or want podium that bad it doesn’t make much sense.

FarmerEddie
05-28-2018, 02:31 AM
If you don't care too much about standing, you can easily finish the week over the 2300 points needed at reset to start over at 1900. As someone who doesn't care about rankings anymore there are no negatives to me setting a weak defense. As for positives, well, there's a few. By having a weak defense, you drop in rankings faster allowing you to generally face weaker teams when the list refreshes. Trust me it used to get boring at the top fighting the same teams back in the day. Now with relics....that's a whole other debate now is it ☺?

Anyway back to the point. If you don't stay in the top I find the teams are more varied. And if you're able to stay on the top 250 early in the week you're still getting your 12 IC per match. (As long as you're already over 2300 points I believe. I could be wrong on that last part. It's been a long time since I really bothered with this arena crap.)

And finally the more people are on board, the better chance guys like me who are really busy in real life have at actually reaching 300 victories.

All that being said, if you have a competitive streak, I can definitely understand fielding a strong team. Odds are I'll defeat that team anyway, it'll just take me longer and give more times to the bugs to sabotage each match 😂. Plus when I'm on my tractor in the field it's a lot easier to fight an easy team than a souped up one 😁.

So there's no right answer, it depends on what you are trying to achieve. If rankings don't matter to you though, maybe fielding a weak team is something to think about. I usually have a weak defense until I reach my target then I set a better one to hold on to a decent ranking at the end.

Cheers and good luck out there.

FarmerEddie
05-28-2018, 02:32 AM
Haha guess we were typing at the same time JJJ. You summed it up a lot shorter though 👍

FarmerEddie
05-28-2018, 02:34 AM
Also all negativity aside, the Beast knows there is enough these days, I wanted to commend the designers and graphic artists on the revamped arena. Good job Sparton and crew. Looks and sounds badass. 👍

rags-6094
05-28-2018, 03:29 AM
Ok that sounds cool, I guess I can be a part of that, (it still seems wrong some how (gives me a nervous twitch in the eye and some kinda brain spasm, losing on purpose)) but I can't usually make it beyond the top 50 - 100 anyway so I may as well help my fellow troopers..
If only more knew of this idea, everybody would win!
I'm in! I'll set it strong again after the goal is achieved or with 24 hours left on the event, which ever comes first

FarmerEddie
05-28-2018, 04:42 AM
Hahaha you may want to get that checked buddy, that can't be healthy. On the other hand might be funny to see though.☺.
I hear you though, it took me a few events to get over the sour taste in my mouth for losing on purpose. Welcome aboard the Losing with Valor boat. Lol.

Moonchild-6759
05-28-2018, 07:02 AM
I believe something might be wrong with the amount of times one can be attacked. I played and won all almost 100games yesterday. But over night I was attacked just twice eventhough I have set a single Eddie defense.it makes no sense to me that being in top 50 with a single Eddie defense won’t get you attacked more. Now I only have high relic teams to fight again :(

Tim28213
05-28-2018, 01:38 PM
I have often wondered why I don't get attacked more. I really do run a single level 1 Eddie almost all the time for my defense but there are weeks that I simply don't get attacked enough to drop very far down.
There are a lot of things I don't understand about pairings and the arena in general.

kkkreg5
05-28-2018, 01:46 PM
The only way I actually drop is having to use a SOW to attack and lose. Otherwise I don't get attacked. My defense has been a single 3* level 1 Ed since the last arena event.

Blade
05-28-2018, 02:09 PM
It is really strange. Sometimes I see only very few attacks over night and then there are >20 on other days. Nobody knows how this works.
About the event in general:
- very very cool new arena design, really great job guys! The 3 times fit very good and I love the details
- nice additional rewards especially the IC, but also the SS and Legenary Souls
- I don't like the strech goals as they can promote unhealthy obsession for some. I am also sad when I see the open challenges at the end of the event. But I know there is no way for me to put that much time, concentration and money into that.
Usual goal (and even that is quite stressful to me): 300 wins -> feel free to bash my sandworm defense as often as you can :)

Ip4
05-28-2018, 04:16 PM
people dont understand that when they put strong defence and ehen they attack it will be much harder than one Eddie in defence for examle...

Sparton_LOTB
05-28-2018, 06:26 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback about the new Cathedral look in the arena guys! I've passed your words along to the team.

(Also, reminder that this thread is made to discuss the event and participating in the event, not general issues. Please keep the discussion on topic.)

I believe something might be wrong with the amount of times one can be attacked. I played and won all almost 100games yesterday. But over night I was attacked just twice eventhough I have set a single Eddie defense.it makes no sense to me that being in top 50 with a single Eddie defense won’t get you attacked more. Now I only have high relic teams to fight again :(

I have often wondered why I don't get attacked more. I really do run a single level 1 Eddie almost all the time for my defense but there are weeks that I simply don't get attacked enough to drop very far down.
There are a lot of things I don't understand about pairings and the arena in general.

It is really strange. Sometimes I see only very few attacks over night and then there are >20 on other days. Nobody knows how this works.

We've discussed this in the past, but matchmaking takes various factors into account, including the strength of your strongest team, your rank, and the ratio of your attacks to your defenses in that week.

The attack:defense ratio thing is the main thing that will get you attacks, but if other people are attacking way more than you around your rank, then they'll get matchmade as opponents in place of you, so you can still go a while without getting attacked. Events throw things out of whack because of the sheer volume of matches some people will do the moment reset occurs, and so people who've done even more matches around your rank are prioritized as opponents ahead of you. Even then, it only prioritizes getting you onto a list; if people aren't clearing their whole lists, they may get you as an opponent in their Attack tab, but are still not attacking you (lots of people discussing doing lots of their matches through Revenge right now, for example).

- I don't like the strech goals as they can promote unhealthy obsession for some. I am also sad when I see the open challenges at the end of the event. But I know there is no way for me to put that much time, concentration and money into that.
Usual goal (and even that is quite stressful to me): 300 wins -> feel free to bash my sandworm defense as often as you can :)

One man's obsession is another man's hobby. One of the great things about free to play games is you'll have an even wider slice of demographics, and some people absolutely will go above and beyond the normal "limits" of an event. We added these stretch goals to reward players who, even before we had them, would already go above and beyond. We didn't even have an event running last week and Tman joined the 10k club (despite major game downtime, too), which no doubt took many hundreds more matches than the 300 we have for the main prize in this event.

If individual people were doing that every week, sure, then I'd consider if there's a way we'd want to change how we handle it, but most people seem pretty good about pacing themselves in the Arena, and hopefully the release of Gauntlet will give people another avenue to mix things up when it arrives.

edsel
05-28-2018, 06:51 PM
Yes this new look is great, thank you for the change up in scenery. Makes the arms-race grind seem new and fresh. On the talismans, they give a blue buff I just stole with gunner Lilith from someone who must paid for a set and put them on a red Valkyrie. Too bad it is not a yellow buff, once stolen they leave the victim quite vulnerable.

rags-6094
05-28-2018, 07:59 PM
I have to agree with the general consensus, the new look arena is fantastic!
Such a great big and welcome change to the arena, what a shame its only gonna be around for the duration of the tour...

On another note I can see now that the advantages of weakening ones team are far greater than trying to be the hero and dominate the area of my ranking...

If you're around the 2500's please feel free to slice and dice my solo VHE, b.t.w if anyone stills thinks it's too strong let me know I'll muck around with some other toons with no talismans.. Have fun!

Yup
05-28-2018, 08:26 PM
I like the new Area look.. but come on.. it's 3 pieces of (well done) new artwork.. not 3 pieces of new playable content. Let's not be distracted by the smoke and mirrors.

Blade
05-28-2018, 08:39 PM
The attack:defense ratio thing is the main thing that will get you attacks

Thanks for the explanations! So this basically means that the algorithm tries to even out your number of attacks with your number of defense fights, and promotes your appearance on lists when your deficit is very large? Plus it favours those situations where the total number of attacks is higher? Or when the ratio is even more on the attack side?

rags-6094
05-28-2018, 08:40 PM
You're a hard person to please Yup, of course you're right...
I'm not really fighting for the talisman though, My No.1 goal is fighting in 10,000 arena events, currently I think I have lees than 500 to go..
Do you know if there's another Arena achievement beyond 10,000?

Sparton_LOTB
05-28-2018, 08:43 PM
So this basically means that the algorithm tries to even out your number of attacks with your number of defense fights, and promotes your appearance on lists when your deficit is very large?

Correct.

Plus it favours those situations where the total number of attacks is higher? Or when the ratio is even more on the attack side?

When the ratio is more on the attack side.

For example, if you've attacked 30 times but have only been attacked 10 times, your ratio is 30/10 = 3. If someone else has attacked 15 times, but has only been attacked 3, their ratio is 15/3 = 5, so the ratio 5 person will be prioritized ahead of you for a bit.

Blade
05-28-2018, 08:45 PM
Good to know! Thank you very much!

T-Man
05-28-2018, 10:11 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback about the new Cathedral look in the arena guys! I've passed your words along to the team.

(Also, reminder that this thread is made to discuss the event and participating in the event, not general issues. Please keep the discussion on topic.)

We've discussed this in the past, but matchmaking takes various factors into account, including the strength of your strongest team, your rank, and the ratio of your attacks to your defenses in that week.

The attack:defense ratio thing is the main thing that will get you attacks, but if other people are attacking way more than you around your rank, then they'll get matchmade as opponents in place of you, so you can still go a while without getting attacked. Events throw things out of whack because of the sheer volume of matches some people will do the moment reset occurs, and so people who've done even more matches around your rank are prioritized as opponents ahead of you. Even then, it only prioritizes getting you onto a list; if people aren't clearing their whole lists, they may get you as an opponent in their Attack tab, but are still not attacking you (lots of people discussing doing lots of their matches through Revenge right now, for example).

One man's obsession is another man's hobby. One of the great things about free to play games is you'll have an even wider slice of demographics, and some people absolutely will go above and beyond the normal "limits" of an event. We added these stretch goals to reward players who, even before we had them, would already go above and beyond. We didn't even have an event running last week and Tman joined the 10k club (despite major game downtime, too), which no doubt took many hundreds more matches than the 300 we have for the main prize in this event.

If individual people were doing that every week, sure, then I'd consider if there's a way we'd want to change how we handle it, but most people seem pretty good about pacing themselves in the Arena, and hopefully the release of Gauntlet will give people another avenue to mix things up when it arrives.

Thanks for the mention Sparton. It was a personal goal to hit 10k, and it also happened to be my first Eternal. So 2 goals in one week for me was very cool to do. I had a nice surplus of SOW from the Sacrifice event, and some time last week that inspired me to give it a go. I had 947 battles with 916 wins (97%).

I was concerned when the game went down and tried a few different Android emulators that I couldn’t play very fast, or all that well on for that matter. Was happy to get back on the i-devices Saturday morning. Otherwise I don’t think I would have made it to 10k.

I like the stretch goals, even though I don’t expect to reach them this week. Good to have the choice.

And yes, nice job on the new look Arena.

druid138
05-29-2018, 07:31 AM
Do you know if there's another Arena achievement beyond 10,000?

Yes, once you hit the 10,000 achievement, the next achievement is 15,000. I don't know if there is anything beyond that one.

druid138
05-29-2018, 07:36 AM
Sparton and team - the new Arena art and music are unbelievable! Very well done! I'm waiting very impatiently to find out more about this new Beast (Eddie?) character.

In terms of the event, very nice reward structure. The additional legendary (it normally is just one, right?) for each stretch goal is a nice motivator. I'll go for 400 this time, instead of the usual 300.

And, everyone please exploit my traditional lone Eddie defense during this event.

druid138
05-29-2018, 07:40 AM
Sparton - would you guys consider showing a revenge counter on the defense tab? I normally don't revenge much, but I do in events like these. It's nice to know how many of the 20 per day I've used, so I can pace myself. It's easy enough to count as I go, but a display would be cool.

Blade
05-29-2018, 07:48 AM
Sparton - would you guys consider showing a revenge counter on the defense tab? I normally don't revenge much, but I do in events like these. It's nice to know how many of the 20 per day I've used, so I can pace myself. It's easy enough to count as I go, but a display would be cool.

Nice idea! And consider raising the revenge limit to 30-40 per day :)

Symbiote
05-29-2018, 09:10 AM
I like the new Area look.. but come on.. it's 3 pieces of (well done) new artwork.. not 3 pieces of new playable content. Let's not be distracted by the smoke and mirrors.

This is why i everytime say that the Artists do this with love... but the programming ang all the bugs and no new content are the other thing... and all the more and more time consuming events...
The last one i didn't managed to get all rewards...
because the apply effects only counted if you kill the DK!! And because i had to do enough in real life...
And i play a lot.. but only the art of the game, won't hold the players...
And i won't never ever get the programming side...
Bugs are normal.., but i never saw a game that gets more and more after every update...

And the Arena events.... WHY they do not change the god damn Defense wins to count in this damn time consuming 24/7 grind?!

Man.., sorry.., but slowly this Game is more stressful than enjoyable.., and i don't want this.., other developers work with their community and most of them are happy..,
When i am reading here i see a lot of the opposite...

Blade
05-29-2018, 09:24 AM
And the Arena events.... WHY they do not change the god damn Defense wins to count in this damn time consuming 24/7 grind?!

Are you sure that this would help? No one would set a funny easy defense then! And how many holds do you have per week? Last week I had 26 holds (25%). Due to the funny defenses you get these 26 per day instead of the full week! I know, due to higher activity your defense is attacked more during these events, but still I think we are better situated with the funny defenses, which is one of the best parts of this community (apart from the top50 where I only very seldom see participation in that). So if we aim for 300 wins and due to the algorithm you also get attacked ~300 times. 25% of 300 = 75 holds.
Only thing that would really change the situation is, if number of MATCHES would count, instead of WINS only. We had this once (or was there another one I forgot?), but it never was repeated.

Kris-0707
05-29-2018, 09:44 AM
Don't be so excited about the new arena look, we never forget Cyborg Monday and the last Clansman event ...

R1ck
05-29-2018, 12:44 PM
Or the last immortal soul event...

MetalKing
05-29-2018, 04:46 PM
Two questions for fellow forum members: how do you like the rewards of this event?(I like earning extra iron coins, and legendary souls). Second, which of the warrior Eddie's do you think is the best with the new talisman set? If I had to add anything I would have all events drop lilith fragments and or the new soul fragments.

rags-6094
05-29-2018, 05:43 PM
IC's are great, I'm investing in relics with mine, on Warrior class, I agree with earlier comments, the buff is blue, it can be stolen first hit and leaving the toon quite vulnerable...
Probably ok if your not in PVP...

blade685
05-29-2018, 05:53 PM
more one day = more ridiculous game:
600 common souls sacrified = 0 sand of war wtf...end of event for me
24h a day X6 = 144 sands of war and you 300 WIN for 6 talismans...no choice you must use ironit again and again...
Some players have infinite ironit? ^^

Tim28213
05-29-2018, 06:00 PM
I definitely like the bonus ICs. In an odd way I also like that there are not additional ICs in the stretch goals.
I'm hoping I will make 300, but 400 is really questionable. I'll try, but it doesn't look good this week.
I really want the legendary souls which don't kick in until 400. I wish they started at 300. I have several characters I want to fill in on my roster.

Blade you really do have some bad luck here!

Ip4
05-29-2018, 06:08 PM
i will be happy with 150 without using ironite...4 more days and 80 wins now

Sparton_LOTB
05-29-2018, 06:09 PM

Yeah, that's a good point, especially we're not super clear about those limitations in-game. I'll add a task to our backlog to consider for a future update.

Nice idea! And consider raising the revenge limit to 30-40 per day :)

I'd be really leery about raising, though. Early in the lifespan of the Arena there were no limits for revenges at all, which caused two problems:

Players who were highly ranked were disproportionately revenged against. This made players who were more active in climbing far more likely to be revenged by lower-ranking players, which made it very volatile and hard for players who were putting effort to climb to not suddenly rocket to far below where they started.
People would just constantly revenge each other instead of using attack lists. We want revenging to be an option so players can feel like they can retaliate against people you might view as "rivals", but not so disproportionately that attacking in the attack list is always not worth it compared to using your defense list.

Ultimately, even though you'd think that events like this which just have more activity means the impact of more revenging would be spread out across the player base, our previous data indicates it'll more likely be localized to particular individuals, which we don't want to amplify or encourage more than the current values allow.

Blade (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10186-Fight-with-Valor-(Arena)-Get-the-very-first-6-SET-Talisman!&p=73636&viewfull=1#post73636) said it better than I could, but I can confirm both of what he covered (minimal impact of reaching goal + the loss of letting people to use their defense teams to help others during the event) is stuff we on the development team largely agree with the merits of (even if I'm not the biggest fan of trying to lose defenses).

Only thing that would really change the situation is, if number of MATCHES would count, instead of WINS only. We had this once (or was there another one I forgot?), but it never was repeated.

We're not a fan of "matches" instead of "wins", because just encouraging matches encourages people to throw battles en mass, which then means we're encouraging people to actively lose in the competitive game mode. I'd much rather reduce how many wins you'd need for the top battles than encourage people to do that (which we did earlier this year, as originally you needed 400 wins to get the top tier prize before accounting for stretch goals), and look at refining and improving the various tiers leading to the top tier prize. That way players can go for goals that make sense for them, and feel adequately rewarded for that.

JJJ428
05-29-2018, 07:22 PM
Sparton if I may offer one suggestion for stretch goals, I think it be better if you complete all stretch goals your talisman set is complete. Seems awkward to do 1000 wins and be a talisman or two short on a set. Still hate seeing the 3 shadow talismans I have in my inventory should have paid the ironite to buy one I guess.

Blade
05-29-2018, 08:37 PM
Interesting insights again, Sparton. Also a bit surprising, but you have the data! But maybe things are a bit different now than in the early days, especially due to the relics? In the early days everybody could win against everybody (almost), but this has changed completely. So it is very unlikely that a player that is normally around rank 1000 can climb that high to appear on lists of the top 100 I guess. But I don't know.
Another thing: clearing your attack list still has more benfits:
a) the 2 SOW reward
b) you have 3 hours time for that and your options do not disappear because too many players attacked you or because of the limits and
c) you see the points of the team you attack! I wonder why the points are not shown in the defense tab.
On the other hand it is quite interesting to go into the fight "in the dark" without knowing what player (in terms of points/rank and therefore number of relics) to expect. And revenging the same player is limited to 2 fights anyway, so this cannot be exploited. Last point: my idea to raise it to 30-40 was a bit high maybe...but how about 25? :)
I see your point that counting every fight could turn the whole thing to the wrong direction. But it was worth the discussion. Or what do you think, Symbiote?
Reducing the level to complete the set to 300 was very very welcome. It is still a huge challenge for all of us that do not have that much time to play. Personally, I don't like that there is nothing to achieve between 150 to 300. Thats a huge gap! Another (small) reward would be welcome for 200 and 250 to keep motivation high. What do you think? I know this sounds odd, as some players show that it is possible to do 1000 matches in one week or even more. But I guess for most (do you have data about that? What percentage exceeds the 300 wins? I guess 10-15%), 300 wins is really the absolute limit of what is possible, including myself.

rags-6094
05-30-2018, 05:48 AM
Great idea Blade! Perhaps they can arrange things so that the whole talisman set can be achieved in the 300 wins?

The slug from 150 to 300 is the biggest single gap in the event. I got to 150 last night and have been fighting all day (off and on) and still have 67 wins to go.. I've been planning to try for 400 but we'll see if time and work commitments allow it..

Blade
05-30-2018, 07:50 AM
Perhaps they can arrange things so that the whole talisman set can be achieved in the 300 wins?

That is already the case. 300 wins give yoou one full set. Tier 1-4 give 1 Talisman each and Tier 5 (300 wins) give 2!

What I don't get: Why do all rewards give the same subtype of the Talisman (not only in this event) ? In this case you get Fierce, even from all strech goals. Why not a mix of the 3 subtypes? Or let us choose when the reward is earned?

Cefiar
05-30-2018, 08:29 AM
Also if you only get 150 wins, there's 2 talismans for sale in the store for 500 ironite (for the pair).

Given the way my luck with drawing people to attack has gone today, I suspect I might end up having to go down that road (only 115 wins). This is despite being around 240ish rank atm, even with refreshing for free every 30 mins or so. Only other way would be fighting a lot of losing battles (and losing SoW in the process) to drop down the ladder to where it'd be a bit easier, or paying ironite to refresh faster for mostly little or no gain.

Unless a lot of the top rank people change their defense teams between now and the weekend of course...

URock
05-30-2018, 10:06 AM
150 fight is enough 4 me and I buy the other 2 Talismans in the store.

300 fights? Man, this is so boring and frustrating twoo, because of those strong and unbeatable teams...

magick2401
05-30-2018, 03:01 PM
Also if you only get 150 wins, there's 2 talismans for sale in the store for 500 ironite (for the pair).

Given the way my luck with drawing people to attack has gone today, I suspect I might end up having to go down that road (only 115 wins). This is despite being around 240ish rank atm, even with refreshing for free every 30 mins or so. Only other way would be fighting a lot of losing battles (and losing SoW in the process) to drop down the ladder to where it'd be a bit easier, or paying ironite to refresh faster for mostly little or no gain.

Unless a lot of the top rank people change their defense teams between now and the weekend of course...

I know what you mean!!

I don't have the toons the top level players have so I wouldn't be able to set a strong defense against top level players anyway (no Iron Eddie, no Clansman Eddie, no Sentinel Lillith.... and no ghost, necropolis talismans to boot). 3 star evolution runes seem to be in short supply lately. Farming BNW level 10 doesn't seem to help so I'm stuck with a bunch of level 40 talismans with no way to evolve.

I've set a weak defense so feel free to get the win to help you to your goal.

magick2401-6102

Liebhild
05-30-2018, 04:37 PM
more one day = more ridiculous game:
600 common souls sacrified = 0 sand of war wtf...end of event for me

Same here, also satellite is not giving SOW at the moment.

Devs will say, we have perceptual disturbance.

I say they are simply cheating here also.

Yup
05-30-2018, 05:13 PM
set a strong defense against top level players anyway (no Iron Eddie, no Clansman Eddie, no Sentinel Lillith.... and no ghost, necropolis talismans to boot). 3 star evolution runes seem to be in short supply lately. Farming BNW level 10 doesn't seem to help so I'm stuck with a bunch of level 40 talismans with no way to evolve.

Just personal experience.. the sweet spot for colored evo runes in BNW is around levels 4-7 for me. Levels 9 and 10 always suck for colored runes for me, seems the drop focus is more on stones, colorless runes and maybe, jsut maybe, a talisman.

Sparton_LOTB
05-30-2018, 05:37 PM
Sparton if I may offer one suggestion for stretch goals, I think it be better if you complete all stretch goals your talisman set is complete. Seems awkward to do 1000 wins and be a talisman or two short on a set. Still hate seeing the 3 shadow talismans I have in my inventory should have paid the ironite to buy one I guess.

Hm... I'll keep that in mind for future Arena events. Perhaps I can just make it so the final stretch goal gives more talismans that most other stretch goals to ensure it will end up with a full set.

Personally, I don't like that there is nothing to achieve between 150 to 300. Thats a huge gap! Another (small) reward would be welcome for 200 and 250 to keep motivation high. What do you think?

Well, we'd potentially run into a similar problem that comes up when people discuss adding in a bunch more divisions to reward the gap between Duelist I and Warlord III; either we end up just giving more rewards out, or I have to redistribute the value of what's given out between the first and fifth tiers, which means one or more reward tiers are diluted to add another milestone.

Right now, the 4th tier is meant to be the tier that is easily achievable by anyone staying on top of spending their Sands of War (it requires a little over 20 wins each day, and you easily get more than that after accounting for 1/hour and before accounting for more from clearing lists/Satellite 15/Sacrifice/Login Rewards). The intent is that the "final" tier (the fifth one) has the big rewards that requires that additional effort and capability to get, so we wanna make sure that it has the value to back that up (above and beyond just hoping people want the top featured talisman set).

HuckFinn150
05-30-2018, 05:41 PM
This is ridiculous, I just gave up on the arena. I'm tied of battling lower ranked or upper ranked players and only getting to use only my basic abilities. The ai only allows me basic abilities on almost all of my toons. For example I am using a wicker man fully upgraded to 100 with all talismans maxed at 50 and only leaving 4 skill shards from bring full tilt and he's killed like a one star and never gets to counter (having a full set of strike talismans maxed). I get killed before I seem to get the first punch in. It's too disheartening to continue. Maybe after a break and some really week players attack me I can revenge. It seems that unless you buy everything you don't get anywhere. Another thing is the gold is only good for summoning souls. It's useless in the store. Please make changes to address these issues. I'll never delete the game, as it's too cool, but I'm about done grinding to get absolutely nowhere. So the souls I pull seem to be basic that I don't want. I even got the legendary soul and only pulled a 5 star chopper. It's just getting frustrating to play for nothing.

hold
05-30-2018, 05:41 PM
Same here, also satellite is not giving SOW at the moment.

Devs will say, we have perceptual disturbance.

I say they are simply cheating here also.

I am absolutely convinced that there is a caching issue or something similar as well.

I had 99 trash chars to sacrifice and got 8 (7?) times in a row 2x rare souls. After that a drought for rare souls for 500 souls or so. But loads and loads SoW.

From my experience if you sacrifice and you get something you like - continue sacrificing the trash as fast as possible because quite often you get exactly the same. If there is no cheating involved it really smells like a caching or a memory issue to me. But something is off.

I think devs can look into the history so please do and search for my 2x rare soul streak (2-3 weeks ago) and tell me that this streak is next to impossible with the RNG system that is claimed to be in place.

hold
05-30-2018, 05:47 PM
This is ridiculous, I just gave up on the arena. I'm tied of battling lower ranked or upper ranked players and only getting to use only my basic abilities. The ai only allows me basic abilities on almost all of my toons. For example I am using a wicker man fully upgraded to 100 with all talismans maxed at 50 and only leaving 4 skill shards from bring full tilt and he's killed like a one star and never gets to counter (having a full set of strike talismans maxed). I get killed before I seem to get the first punch in. It's too disheartening to continue. Maybe after a break and some really week players attack me I can revenge. It seems that unless you buy everything you don't get anywhere. Another thing is the gold is only good for summoning souls. It's useless in the store. Please make changes to address these issues. I'll never delete the game, as it's too cool, but I'm about done grinding to get absolutely nowhere. So the souls I pull seem to be basic that I don't want. I even got the legendary soul and only pulled a 5 star chopper. It's just getting frustrating to play for nothing.

In the beginning invest every Iron Coin in health relics - the key is to stay alive long enough to outsmart the AI. It can be long fights but if you are dead you can't hit back. Health, health, health and if you start surviving 1st rounds you can start spreading the relics to boost you attack levels. My opinion.

Tim28213
05-30-2018, 06:23 PM
Last night I had an unusual window of time to play. I burned a ton of SoW and climbed all the way up to rank 53 which is way above my normal ranking zone. I normally range from rank 1500 - 450ish given my available play time. At 53 I hit a wall of opponents that I couldn't get past. Up to that point I had a 96% win rate. When my opponent list rest and I was at 53 I couldn't win any of the battles with the same group I had made the entire run with. I can change up my team and win a little more, but the new team isn't as fun to me and the battles take much longer to win.

It is hard to achieve an event goal of 300 wins when you climb up quickly like that and either get stuck or slow down to the point that it isn't fun for a while.
I will probably still hit 300, but I don't feel like a casual player anymore once I get past about rank 75 and I am climbing much faster than I am falling to defense loses.

PLEASE KILL ME! A LOT! I have an easy defense set up and don't want to be fighting at this level but I also want to achieve the event goal!
Easy Killz R us! Help me help you!

Grim
05-30-2018, 06:56 PM
Last night I had an unusual window of time to play. I burned a ton of SoW and climbed all the way up to rank 53 which is way above my normal ranking zone. I normally range from rank 1500 - 450ish given my available play time. At 53 I hit a wall of opponents that I couldn't get past. Up to that point I had a 96% win rate. When my opponent list rest and I was at 53 I couldn't win any of the battles with the same group I had made the entire run with. I can change up my team and win a little more, but the new team isn't as fun to me and the battles take much longer to win.

It is hard to achieve an event goal of 300 wins when you climb up quickly like that and either get stuck or slow down to the point that it isn't fun for a while.
I will probably still hit 300, but I don't feel like a casual player anymore once I get past about rank 75 and I am climbing much faster than I am falling to defense loses.

PLEASE KILL ME! A LOT! I have an easy defense set up and don't want to be fighting at this level but I also want to achieve the event goal!
Easy Killz R us! Help me help you!

Yeah, me too!
My rank is lower, 400 and something, but I am spending more and more time every fight since the difficulty is increasing and I don't want to rise to a level where I have to face some nightmarish defense teams!

magick2401
05-30-2018, 06:59 PM
Just personal experience.. the sweet spot for colored evo runes in BNW is around levels 4-7 for me. Levels 9 and 10 always suck for colored runes for me, seems the drop focus is more on stones, colorless runes and maybe, jsut maybe, a talisman.

3 star colorless evo runes are what I need. I have plenty of colored ones to evolve to 5 star talismans but not enough colorless evo runes to do so. Each evolution to level 5 requires 9 3 star colorless evo runes. When BNW level 10 only drops about 3 every once in a while, it's hard to get the necessary amount to evolve a set to level 5. I guess I'll have to save ironite to purchase in the monthly packs available in the store.

Still hoping to pull a newer Eddie (POM, 7son, Iron, Clansman....) sometime .......

Blade
05-30-2018, 07:09 PM
Well, we'd potentially run into a similar problem that comes up when people discuss adding in a bunch more divisions to reward the gap between Duelist I and Warlord III; either we end up just giving more rewards out, or I have to redistribute the value of what's given out between the first and fifth tiers, which means one or more reward tiers are diluted to add another milestone.

Sure. I was just thinking about a small bonbon for the effort. Like 5 SoW, 15 ironite and a cold trooper beer ;)

rags-6094
05-30-2018, 07:34 PM
That is already the case. 300 wins give yoou one full set. Tier 1-4 give 1 Talisman each and Tier 5 (300 wins) give 2!

What I don't get: Why do all rewards give the same subtype of the Talisman (not only in this event) ? In this case you get Fierce, even from all strech goals. Why not a mix of the 3 subtypes? Or let us choose when the reward is earned?

Yep your right I'm an idiot I didn't look hard enough at the achievement before commenting... sorry bout that

rags-6094
05-30-2018, 07:54 PM
3 star colorless evo runes are what I need. I have plenty of colored ones to evolve to 5 star talismans but not enough colorless evo runes to do so. Each evolution to level 5 requires 9 3 star colorless evo runes. When BNW level 10 only drops about 3 every once in a while, it's hard to get the necessary amount to evolve a set to level 5. I guess I'll have to save ironite to purchase in the monthly packs available in the store.

Still hoping to pull a newer Eddie (POM, 7son, Iron, Clansman....) sometime .......

Another thing I have done (and I'm by no means a top contender) is just grind, I don't purchase much but when I do it's usually for ironite, like the monthly package that gives you 100 immediately and 25 everyday for a month over and above what the game normally drops.
This will ensure you can generate enough SOW to continue grinding, it takes time but after a while you will reach the point where you can set BNW on 3 X auto and leave while you mow the lawn, sleep or what ever floats your boat.
This will give the bonus of knocking off challenges and if your very lucky acquiring the talisman you require and evolving runes for future challenges.
For me personally the wicker man is as weak as a kitten and hardly worth placing any skill shards in, I have had him for ages I got him to 5* 100 but did not invest a single shard in him he sits in the growing collection of unused toons...

Yup
05-30-2018, 08:08 PM

Not sure it it'll help.. but farming NotB madness drops those 3 star colorless runes like crazy. I'm sitting on a cache of hundreds due to this. I fall short with the 3 star colored ones.

Liebhild
05-30-2018, 11:11 PM
Would be funny to know, if one of the devs is playing arena in some higher ranks.

I don't thinks so, otherwise relics would be gone within a second...

Sparton_LOTB
05-30-2018, 11:21 PM
Would be funny to know, if one of the devs is playing arena in some higher ranks.

I don't thinks so, otherwise relics would be gone within a second...

We don't have devs take the top positions at the week's end (top rewards are for players, not for devs), but I absolutely have fellow developers who will at least dip into the top 250 mid-week, as the perspective for competing at the top is indeed important to us. I've had a teammate who is currently ranked much higher than me who says they're seeing more 1 Eddie defenses than I am at around 2200 VP, that's for sure...

Amarthir
05-30-2018, 11:40 PM
Looks like Piece of Mind Eddie's power move will override the Valor Talisman health buff.

R1ck
05-31-2018, 12:13 AM
We don't have devs take the top positions at the week's end (top rewards are for players, not for devs), but I absolutely have fellow developers who will at least dip into the top 250 mid-week, as the perspective for competing at the top is indeed important to us. I've had a teammate who is currently ranked much higher than me who says they're seeing more 1 Eddie defenses than I am at around 2200 VP, that's for sure...
I really wish I was around 2200, just reached top 50 with my lonely Eddie on defense and everyone has regular defenses, takes some time to beat. Ohhhh and one team made to be skipped with 3 sentinel priestess.

Yup
05-31-2018, 01:14 AM
Looks like Piece of Mind Eddie's power move will override the Valor Talisman health buff.

Any blue buff stealer overrides it with 1 hit.

Amarthir
05-31-2018, 01:16 AM
Any blue buff stealer overrides it with 1 hit.

Doesn't override the Golden buff remover after every turn. Plus you can have perfect immunity to keep the health buff with a very small number of exceptions.

Cefiar
05-31-2018, 02:44 AM
So something I just noticed...

I am (according to the ranking tab) at 3330 points (#82).

After an auto-refresh, in the Attack tab, the FIRST entry starts at 5239 (who is ranked #12), and they go up from there to 8208 (#2).

Basically this is almost everyone between rank #2 to rank #12 (with the exception of poor Gangland who is at #10). And I'm way down on #82.

Why do I get people well above the rank I am? The way it used to work was you got a few people below your rank, some slightly above and 1-2 really high people.

This makes it really hard to progress or win any rounds till I refresh it again.

Edit: And just to rub it in, went to refresh and got an APMA error. Think it was APMA9.

Symbiote
05-31-2018, 01:57 PM
Oh man.., i'm just frustrated...

Will there ever be a day where the goddamn game will be FIXED?!
300 Fights are like a full time Job.., the arena is bugged as hell...

Warrior Lilith gets 3-4 extra turns in a row with echo..
Angel Talisman stops working.., in the middle of a fight
Shields (thorn, only work when we get attacked but doesn't work for Counterstrike/Revenge.., is it meant to be like that?
There is so much more.., i HATE these Arena events..,
why don't give us Iron Coins for Defense wins..? let the wins count and reduce the 300 WINS for a full set...,
once there was a time where only the fights counted.., then they only changed it to wins..,
For people who have a life, family and work this is too much in my eyes..,
AND it is boring as fuck to fight one fight after another.., better: fight all the bugs..,

and all in all i have the feel since the Autoreplay the events get more and more time consuming..,
and the thing with the troopers someone mentioned after the autoreplay feature, it is a real problem on events like the last BNW event.., it costs a LOT of ironite if you want to play all your troopers AND DO THE EVENT.., what's with all the people with family, work, hobbies.., do this game need THAT much of time to invest to get something "useful"?

i'm losing more and more the motivation and the FUN in this Game..,
this makes me sad because when i started playing and saw its lovely evolution i liked it a lot more.., but at the moment i my feeling is that it evolves more to a fulltime job...

Ip4
05-31-2018, 02:25 PM
12 rare souls and no red eyes...wow

rags-6094
05-31-2018, 06:35 PM
I achieved the 300 goal 12 hours ago with a limited amount of my ironite stack, a full time job, home and family commitments, and a plethora of drop outs.
Sounds to me like if it's really that bad perhaps take a break from it for a while?

It is meant to be fun, if it becomes a chore no one wants to do it...

And yet again I managed no red eyes from my 5 acquired rare souls....

Just saying...

Mizrael
05-31-2018, 07:17 PM
12 rare souls and no red eyes...wow

HAH! That’s nothing...

I have seen a stack of 50 and once 99 Rare Souls flash blue eyes!!! Beat this...

kkkreg5
05-31-2018, 08:22 PM
300 completed. Played for the coins. Done with the event.

T-Man
05-31-2018, 08:41 PM
I really wish I was around 2200, just reached top 50 with my lonely Eddie on defense and everyone has regular defenses, takes some time to beat. Ohhhh and one team made to be skipped with 3 sentinel priestess.

Yea I had a single Eddie team in there at first, but wasn’t seeing many teams doing the same after climbing the ranks. So, I switched to a normal D. I most likely will go back to a single Ed soon though.

I fought the 3 Priestess team recently, and though I didn’t have trouble getting the win, it was a pain in the ass, and a fairly long battle. She is the most annoying toon in the game. Dethroning the now M.I.A. SSD.

blade685
05-31-2018, 08:43 PM
just do an easy battle win in pvp and -20 points + battle lose in stat ahah what a bugged game....
They don't do anything with that bug?

T-Man
05-31-2018, 08:48 PM
300 completed. Played for the coins. Done with the event.

Just hit 300 too. I’m burnt out. Going to play with these talisman to see how worthy they are, but I don’t think I
have it in me to grind for another set anyway.

blade685
05-31-2018, 08:49 PM
Just hit 300 too. I’m burnt out. Going to play with these talisman to see how worthy they are, but I don’t think I
have it in me to grind for another set anyway.

they seems to be useless for me

Fudjo
05-31-2018, 08:59 PM
Yea I had a single Eddie team in there at first, but wasn’t seeing many teams doing the same after climbing the ranks. So, I switched to a normal D. I most likely will go back to a single Ed soon though.

Yeah, once you get past about #150 in the rankings, the friendly defenses disappear and the Lilith-O-Rama starts.

druid138
05-31-2018, 09:15 PM
Yeah, once you get past about #150 in the rankings, the friendly defenses disappear and the Lilith-O-Rama starts.

I agree completely! However, with manual list refreshes every 30 minutes during waking hours, along with cherrypicking - plus strategic use of the 20 revenges per day - I've been able to hit the 345 win mark so far with only a handful of losses. But, it is definitely a full-time job to take advantage of the easier defenses.

Edit: Oh, and with a lone CG Eddie defense of my own to keep my rank a little lower.

R1ck
05-31-2018, 09:16 PM

I fought the 3 Priestess team recently, and though I didn’t have trouble getting the win, it was a pain in the ass, and a fairly long battle. She is the most annoying toon in the game. Dethroning the now M.I.A. SSD.

Yeah, I switched to normal defense as well. About that defense, Didn't mean it's not beatable, just too much time consuming in an event like this.

Sparton_LOTB
05-31-2018, 09:26 PM
I am (according to the ranking tab) at 3330 points (#82).

After an auto-refresh, in the Attack tab, the FIRST entry starts at 5239 (who is ranked #12), and they go up from there to 8208 (#2).

Basically this is almost everyone between rank #2 to rank #12 (with the exception of poor Gangland who is at #10). And I'm way down on #82.

Why do I get people well above the rank I am? The way it used to work was you got a few people below your rank, some slightly above and 1-2 really high people.

This makes it really hard to progress or win any rounds till I refresh it again.

Ranking is a factor for building your attack list, but it's not the only one, and when there's massive spikes of activity due to an Arena event, other factors (like attack:defense ratio) end up being prioritized more than just rank. See this earlier post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10186-Fight-with-Valor-(Arena)-Get-the-very-first-6-SET-Talisman!&p=73596&viewfull=1#post73596) I wrote for a bit of insight into that process.

T-Man
06-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I switched to normal defense as well. About that defense, Didn't mean it's not beatable, just too much time consuming in an event like this.

Yep I got you. I know you could beat that team. ;)

infinite dreamer
06-01-2018, 03:26 PM
And I thank you druid138 for the lone CR defense! I must've fought him 7 or 8 times. I had a lone tailgunner for a while and switched to a lone storm Eddie. Just hit 300 wins and no red eyes with the 5 rare souls. Happy with the IC though.

T-Man
06-01-2018, 03:31 PM
I put my friendly D back in last night btw

Stormseye
06-01-2018, 04:40 PM

3 Liliths would be a welcome challenge. Once you get into the top 25 the winner is determined by who goes first really. When you face off against 30k hitting Astras or echoed Desert Warriors hitting for 26k each time it can be a 1 round game. If you can survive that you may have a shot to kill on your turn but watch out for that auto Cyclone Shield casting SoL Eddie. Of course you can also have the your fate served up by Iron Eddie and his every round Fury with a side of Beast 30k smacking. You may also enjoy double ACRs with a Gunner Lillith to make sure you have no buffs on your turn. For a true lover of pain you can always find yourself on the receiving end of and extremely angry Alexander/Beast 1 2 punch out. I can survive sometimes if I lose the toss so my win rate is about 2/10 or if I get to go first my win ratio is about 9/10. There are no friendly defenses in the top 25. I will tell you that if you want to compete in this upper tier you need one thing always...Immunity. It is the only saving grace against these tough builds. My goal is to hit 700 wins by tomorrow. Overall I was pleased with this event having skipped the last one. I would say I spent about 700 Ironite I had in reserve and had to buy 300 more to keep going.

infinite dreamer
06-01-2018, 04:59 PM
I put my friendly D back in last night btw

Good to know, I definitely avoided your defense. Way above my weight class. Getting to 300 makes me appreciate your win last week even more.

Iced_Earth
06-01-2018, 05:03 PM
please fix the valor-talisman set. as a blue buff, he can be easily stolen, its a 6 pieces set...

T-Man
06-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Good to know, I definitely avoided your defense. Way above my weight class. Getting to 300 makes me appreciate your win last week even more.

Cool deal! Thanks.

Yup
06-01-2018, 05:56 PM
please fix the valor-talisman set. as a blue buff, he can be easily stolen, its a 6 pieces set...

Agreed.. what they actually need is a new color to take over where the grey buff were supposed to be... unremovable. The Force and Valor talisman sets are really laughable without that.

T-Man
06-01-2018, 10:51 PM
they seems to be useless for me

After trying them, I'm not grinding for another set, that's for sure.

rags-6094
06-02-2018, 03:40 AM
This sucks! I have a measly 15 wins left to 400 to claim the stretch goal, and I've played the game that much the game has elevated me to share space with most of the elites, getting my ass well and truly kicked!

Carlos, Shaolinlondo, gangland, reidon, Patrice, drinkblood, Sot and a bunch of other players I'm not equipped to deal with yet.. way out of my depth..:mad:

rags-6094
06-02-2018, 03:54 AM
Thanks for knocking me down a peg T-man, now if I could get several more like that I'd be on my way!

Cefiar
06-02-2018, 05:11 AM
Rags: I know exactly what you mean. The game really starts to push you against higher and higher opponents than your rank is, which is just annoying. I'm still 75 wins away from 300 (to complete my tali set). Looks like I won't make it and have to buy them in the store, plus I miss out on those 500 IC as well. :/

And sure I could keep buying more and more SoW for ironite (losing 2 out of 3 battles), but at some point I have to decide if I chance it or use the remaining ironite I have (which isn't a lot) to buy the talis. :/

rags-6094
06-02-2018, 06:11 AM
Rags: I know exactly what you mean. The game really starts to push you against higher and higher opponents than your rank is, which is just annoying. I'm still 75 wins away from 300 (to complete my tali set). Looks like I won't make it and have to buy them in the store, plus I miss out on those 500 IC as well. :/

And sure I could keep buying more and more SoW for ironite (losing 2 out of 3 battles), but at some point I have to decide if I chance it or use the remaining ironite I have (which isn't a lot) to buy the talis. :/

Hmmm that's pushing it close, what points are you on now? You should be able to collect more refill sow after a few hours, plus reset your attack is it every half hour?
After I wrote that I waited a little while got stomped by some bigger fish and reset, it put me down a few pegs...
Keep in mind you would of got 20 more defences to work with...
Choose your battles, pick the right team to approach it, the rest is up to who starts and the AI really,, oh and the other teams defences of course...:cool:

Cefiar
06-02-2018, 08:14 AM
Currently Rank 167, 3647 points, so not far behind you (150/3663).

244/300 wins (so 56 left now).

Problem is I've not got many PvP useful characters. Either the ones I've previously levelled up have been nerfed, have character bugs that while due to be fixed aren't yet (eg: Sentinel Lillith protecting the team against Reduce HP attacks - lost a few PvP battles to that), or just aren't sharded up enough to be useful.

For instance, I've only got the one Lillith (Sentinel), and my best PvP Eddie ATM is Aces High. No GPD or CPD yet, no Prisoner, no Samurai, no Iron Eddie, no Clairvoyant, no Wrath or Beelzebub. Only got Trooper Eddie and Lady Azov of the Frontier souls, and while I have Clansman Eddie, he's still many shards off full power, and the same with Visions. Thankfully I have The Beast, otherwise I'd be a lot worse off.

rags-6094
06-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Ok I'm not sure what to tell you here.... have you got an Assasin Corrupt Rescuer?
Sentinel Lilith could play a part in this team, Trooper Eddie is not without his pluses, every fury he adds gold perfect immunity and endure to his team, (nothing wrong with Aces high Eddie he puts me in my place regularly)
Clair could do it but use her for her skills not her beef - so to speak, so set her up with green talisman perhaps? 50/50 anyways...
Back to Assasin Corrupt Rescuer- ACR is very popular at the top, any team that hasn't got her in it, is at great risk it seems I have found a great advantage using her as usually (not always) she removes all beneficial effects including golden effects and seals, if you have one use it! On all toons including ACR, skill shards only effect their ability to either damage or effect chance or healing etc.. they get the defence from the talisman and the buffs too (sometimes), it may take longer to kill the enemy but your main goal in your current instance is to hang in there.
Sounds like you should get 300 done but hope there's something here that might help..?
Good luck!

Cefiar
06-02-2018, 12:39 PM
No Clairvoyant unfortunately.

Assassin Corrupt Rescuer, Witchdoctor, Eda, Val & Astra get pulled in a lot, usually swapping for either Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer or Sentinel Lillith. Not all are fully sharded tho, and having to constantly chop-change talisman combos between attacks (since I don't have a huge amount of interesting talismans) isn't exactly my idea of fun.

But yeah, main thing is constantly being pitted against teams I have little chance of beating. Chances of getting 300 done are pretty much non-existent (am at 258). I'm definitely not staying up all night playing the game just to get the next level.

Anyway, off to bed for me.. maybe 1 hr of play tomorrow before roll-over (assuming the server isn't down, like has happened a few times near the end of a big event), so no way I'm getting 42 matches done in that time. :/

Gonna just buy the last 2 talismans from the store, tho given some of the reactions to them... *sigh*

waymo
06-02-2018, 12:49 PM
I reached 300 last night. That's me done. I don't have the time to go any further today :( I can buy the remaining Talls from the store but whats the point if they're easily stolen?

Blade
06-02-2018, 02:32 PM
I just reached the 300 wins right now. Was a lot of work, not much joy. Only few fun-defenses, thats a shame. Matchmaking was very weired sometimes. On 2 days I did not reach the revenge limit due to that small amount of attacks against my sandworm defense.
@waymo: take a look to your inventory. With 300 wins you should have the complete set now.

waymo
06-02-2018, 03:45 PM
HA ha your right! I guess i must be tired after the grind. I just don't know the top guys have done it. Well done to Kamuz!

Symbiote
06-02-2018, 05:34 PM
WTF?!

I am on the way to the 150 wins..,
I fight against a team some minutes ago.., with a Warrior CotD... He nearly killed my hole team, his passive gives him an extra turn after he killed one..,
ok.., but after he killed one of my allies, he attacked over and over and over again i counted 8-10!!! Extra turns.., he attacked until he died himself..,

Plese do something with this fucking Arena Events..,
It is a pain in the ass with all the bugs and this god damn grind until you die shit..,

But hey guys.., it is already clear that June has an AWESOME Arena Event too! Yay, we have something to be really HAPPY about. WOOOHOOO!! :)

rags-6094
06-02-2018, 06:08 PM
It's all over for me, hopefully something easy round the corner? Give my ironite a chance to replenish.
I got my 400 goal!
My eyesights a little fuzzy without my glasses but do those talisman look like roses?
Anyway the 2 x legendary souls for me were death dog and Assasin hell raiser 2 x more dupes to add to the next sacrificial event if I can hold onto them that long.

rags-6094
06-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Interesting fact each Valor 3*Talisman has evolving costs of
15,000 gold level 3 maxed
+ evolve to 4* 17,955
+ 60,000 to level 4 maxed
+ evolve to 5* 65970
+ 210,000 to 5* maxed
=368,925 gold

That's 1,418,925 gold to take a full useful set of 6 from 3* received to 5* maxed, I best keep farming gold!

Iced_Earth
06-02-2018, 06:26 PM
i think theres no goldproblem in this atm game. do autoplay powerslave all day long with the whole sot and troopers. im at 40mio gold :P plus, you will get much ironite there

Yup
06-02-2018, 06:30 PM
FYI.. Farm NotB Madness.. 80 SOT equates to around 500,000 gold. It would only take 3 full SOT farming runs to get the 1.5Mil in gold necessary.

I did 300 runs.. but mostly for the iron coins.. the talismans are pretty "meh" in my opinion. And really.. not fun.. arena events are never interesting in my opinion... just wash rinse repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat ... yeah fun event huh?

They could mix it up...

Get 50 Area Wins
Get 25 Defensive wins
Collect 1000 points
collect 500 Iron Coins
Earn 10,000 gold
Beat 5 teams with Clansman/7Son/s Mayan/Lilith/Beast/GPD/WUR/whatever

I have no clue what kind of backend that would require, but would absolutely make for better arena events.

rags-6094
06-02-2018, 06:43 PM
FYI.. Farm NotB Madness.. 80 SOT equates to around 500,000 gold. It would only take 3 full SOT farming runs to get the 1.5Mil in gold necessary.

I did 300 runs.. but mostly for the iron coins.. the talismans are pretty "meh" in my opinion. And really.. not fun.. arena events are never interesting in my opinion... just wash rinse repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat ... yeah fun event huh?

They could mix it up...

Get 50 Area Wins
Get 25 Defensive wins
Collect 1000 points
collect 500 Iron Coins
Earn 10,000 gold
Beat 5 teams with Clansman/7Son/s Mayan/Lilith/Beast/GPD/WUR/whatever

I have no clue what kind of backend that would require, but would absolutely make for better arena events.

Yeah it did get a little boring but very time consuming too, everything after 300 has no more ic other than what you earn in each win...

edsel
06-02-2018, 06:56 PM
YUP, good call to the defense win getting some reward. At the top 25+ level I see no easy sandworm 3 star Eddie wins, my defense has 87 wins from 481 fights-would be nice to get rewarded for assembling a good strategic defense team. Having everyone putting sandworm and blazing through event to the goal may be good idea, but top levels seem to be greedy and nobody wants to lose an inch. I like easy coin, but want a defense getting hi win amounts to be rewarded somehow.

Alvorada
06-02-2018, 07:02 PM
I've set my goal in 400 wins.
370 so far, but the constant crash, over and over, drained my sands of war and my motivation.
Don't know if I worth spent more ironite in refills to waste in crashes.

Yup
06-02-2018, 07:09 PM
YUP, good call to the defense win getting some reward. At the top 25+ level I see no easy sandworm 3 star Eddie wins, my defense has 87 wins from 481 fights-would be nice to get rewarded for assembling a good strategic defense team. Having everyone putting sandworm and blazing through event to the goal may be good idea, but top levels seem to be greedy and nobody wants to lose an inch. I like easy coin, but want a defense getting hi win amounts to be rewarded somehow.

Exactly, if you've got a +% D win rate.. why NOT reward that in arena events? Or at least give some small amount of love to at least *trying* to get D wins.

And... really.. above 50... 13-15IC per win is better than allowing others plow through to 400+ wins. At least, that's how I see it. Why should I get 10IC per win when I can get 13 or 15?? I do the weak D for a day or so at the beginning.. but beyond that.. meh. It's not common enough once you climb rankings. Lots of new names in the top 100 just due to shear SOW refills.

rags-6094
06-02-2018, 07:27 PM
So the Valor talisman buff removes 1 gold effect each turn but outside of the arena is there any world where the opponent has a gold buff?

90mphyorker
06-02-2018, 11:48 PM
Hit 600 wins and 2 of the 7 Legendary Souls I got were Magus COTD. No 5* either. Ah well, I only played so much for the IC. Every other reward has been a bonus.

Cefiar
06-03-2018, 01:00 AM
As mentioned last night, wasn't going to make it so bought the last 2 tali's in the store.

This morning before roll-over (10am here) I did play a bit but got no where near the 300 wins to get that level. Mostly bummed about the IC bonus really.

The matchmaking in the game was really weird and IMO needs to be fixed. Being no where near rank #100 and being matched against almost everyone from rank #2 to #12 was just ridiculous.