PDA

View Full Version : Crashing since roll-over/new Arena event

Cefiar
05-27-2018, 02:31 AM
So since the new event went live today, Andriod seems to be crashing regularly. Program just exits all by itself or it brings up a force close message.

Seems to happen all over the place, tho so far it's happened more in menus than elsewhere in the game. I know from some other forum posts it's not just me and my partner seeing this (feel free to post your experiences).

Doesn't seem to reset play speed at least, which used to happen every time, but it's still a bother having to restart the game regularly.

kkkreg5
05-27-2018, 03:16 AM
Maybe try clearing app cache and data. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling app.

Cefiar
05-27-2018, 05:20 AM
Restarting the device, as well as clearing app cache & data haven't fixed it (tried before i posted). That said, I've not had it since I posted this, though I've changed nothing.

The crash always seems to be around when I'd expect the app to connect to the server, so I'm wondering if it's somehow related to something server-side.

Also: As mentioned, I'm not the only one who has reported issues with the Android client since the change-over.

Liebhild
05-27-2018, 12:19 PM
It is crashing wherever and whenever it wants. RNG-crahes, new feature, no bug

Liebhild
05-27-2018, 03:13 PM
Started an arena battle, game crashed, SOW gone, but no loss.

Edit:
Now it says defeat

I really wonder why those clowns start one pseudo event after the other, when the are not able to fix bugs.

Hey devs, some here are using real money and simpy get real shit.

Fister
05-27-2018, 03:41 PM
I have experienced the same as Cefiar. Twice today app just closed. First time when trying to exit BoS. Second time when checking what reward I should have (auto play).

Other strange things happened lately is that I have had some wins in PVP where points granted was not ok. Once I battled someone a couple of hundreds VP above me. He lost 10 VP and I got none!!!! Another time I battled someone with same amount og VP. I got My 16 VP and he/she lost none!!!!

Is this only happening in my very low tier or do anyone in higher tiers see this also?

GotN
05-27-2018, 03:45 PM
I have experienced the same as Cefiar. Twice today app just closed. First time when trying to exit BoS. Second time when checking what reward I should have (auto play).

Other strange things happened lately is that I have had some wins in PVP where points granted was not ok. Once I battled someone a couple of hundreds VP above me. He lost 10 VP and I got none!!!! Another time I battled someone with same amount og VP. I got My 16 VP and he/she lost none!!!!

Is this only happening in my very low tier or do anyone in higher tiers see this also?

This is just a display error. If you check your points there and go back to list, points are added.

Fister
05-27-2018, 03:47 PM
I thought it could be that. Nice to know. Thx trooper 😃

kkkreg5
05-27-2018, 03:53 PM
App closed in the middle of the first PVP fight of the morning. Hadn't had any issues until today.

blade685
05-27-2018, 05:54 PM
impossible to play pve game freeze can't do anything or exit and lose...in my case auto play on
And often only 2 rewards for 300+ sacrifice

Liebhild
05-27-2018, 08:24 PM
yup, crashes in the middle of a arena game now.

And again nothing to hear from the clowns, they can steal money from the players on weekends, so someone should also be there looking after their piece of bullshit, what the call a game.

I think a 3 year old, can code more stable stuff.

EDIT:
Normally I am not speaking like this, but after almost 2 years of botch and permanent hearing "we are sorry, we will change in the future" (and nothing ever really was changed), it is hard for me not to get upset.

Mindkaiser
05-28-2018, 11:06 AM
I've been experiencing crashes since the last update too. I've never had that issue before with such frequency. Need a hot fix immediately. Would be nice to hear from the devs.

Liebhild
05-29-2018, 05:39 PM
OMG, the clowns are again not able to answer.

Where is their company located???

Cefiar
05-29-2018, 11:32 PM
My crashes seem to have subsided a bit, but I will say one thing:

NF seem to have at least fixed the game enough that if you crash in either arena, or somewhere else while using a trooper, you don't automatically lose the arena match or access to the trooper.

I've been able to get back in and attack the same player int he arena, or use the same trooper in game (eg: Lord of Light), without any issues.

While the crashes are bad, at least they're not quite a debilitating as before.

Askora
05-29-2018, 11:38 PM
My crashes seem to have subsided a bit, but I will say one thing:

NF seem to have at least fixed the game enough that if you crash in either arena, or somewhere else while using a trooper, you don't automatically lose the arena match or access to the trooper.

I've been able to get back in and attack the same player int he arena, or use the same trooper in game (eg: Lord of Light), without any issues.

While the crashes are bad, at least they're not quite a debilitating as before.

Maybe not losing the trooper. But of my 4 losses in the arena this week only one is legitimate, the other 3 are all because the app stopped running.

Blade
05-30-2018, 10:03 AM
I also get some unprompted crashes that let the app just close. Happend right now when I tapped on an equipped Talisman and yesterday at the end of a PVP fight and also during a Skull Quest (was wondering that the trooper I used was still available after restart of the app - which is cool of course!). So it seems that inventory problem is still around somehow.

Blade
05-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Some more random chrashes, one at the start of a pvp battle, once by tapping on challenges and now another one by tapping the last cosmos in the desert! Any idea what's going on here?

Cefiar
05-30-2018, 11:25 PM
Looks like it's a bug due to Unity, as detailed here: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10200-June-2018-Tuning-Discussion-PRELIMINARY&p=73791&viewfull=1#post73791

Because of the mismatch, some devices have crash issues (my guess might be some of the older versions of Android). The previous bug affected a lot more players, so till the proper Unity update is in, it looks like we might be stuck with it.

Biggest issue is how long the testing will take, which is always hairy to guess at. All sorts of things can affect how long testing might take (ie: due to finding more bugs).

Blade
06-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Thanks Cefiar, I also read about it in the other thread now. Hopefully the update is released soon, as it is quite annoying with all the crashes right now. Don't want to imagine a fragment event with so many crashes!