PDA

View Full Version : Beast Eddie Speculations

Patrice-1201
05-28-2018, 10:06 PM
Speculation Time: June 6th: Beast Eddie joins the game... and possibly Night City as Episode 5 of the Comics is released...

Amarthir
05-29-2018, 12:06 AM
Come to think of it, we haven't gotten preliminary notes yet which is odd. Either they're not yet ready to release the next update, or they're hiding something big from us and this is a teaser.

GrimDusk
05-29-2018, 02:53 AM
I don't think that's beast Eddie. Okay, hear me out. In that video, we get a view of two new characters: that beast thing, and a concert Eddie. I think that beast Eddie isn't an Eddie at all. I think that this is the meaning of this game's name: Legacy of the Beast. I think that thing is either some primordial form of the Beast we all know, or it's some greater force behind his evil. Or maybe he's the boss in the gauntlet, I don't know. Either way, I don't think that's an Eddie.

Crazypants
05-29-2018, 01:32 PM
I don't think that's beast Eddie. Okay, hear me out. In that video, we get a view of two new characters: that beast thing, and a concert Eddie. I think that beast Eddie isn't an Eddie at all. I think that this is the meaning of this game's name: Legacy of the Beast. I think that thing is either some primordial form of the Beast we all know, or it's some greater force behind his evil. Or maybe he's the boss in the gauntlet, I don't know. Either way, I don't think that's an Eddie.

Interesting Theory Grim! I thought it was going to be the new Eddie for a new album that they were gonna preview a song or 2 on the current tour. Similar to what they did on the North American Final Frontier tour prior to that album coming out. That theories been disproven with no new songs on the current tour. I like the idea of a new cosmic force manipulating things. Hopefully that story will be fleshed out.

TheAlbatross-1864
05-29-2018, 02:37 PM
According to this I believe that is beast eddie. The article also states a few other toons that will be coming out such as 2 minutes to midnight eddie and icarus.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-legacy-of-the-beast-continues-to-push-boundaries-in-mobile-gaming-space/

Blade
05-29-2018, 03:15 PM
Nice article, thanks for sharing! I copied the 2 most important sentences for most of the players:

"Players of the game can also look forward to the introduction of "Beast Eddie", the latest incarnation of the band's famous mascot and star of their game..."

"Over the coming months fans can expect the arrival of favourites such as "Icarus", "Two Minutes to Midnight Eddie" and "Killers Eddie".

Woohoo!

Mercifal
05-29-2018, 03:33 PM
"Killers Eddie", wait. Isn't that Eddie that is supposed to be Night City reward?

scott-5496
05-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Good news - always thought this tour woudl be the catalyst for new stuff coming out....it may take a month or three but I am sure we will get what they have said in that post on blabbermouth. 2 Minutes is probably my favourtite Maiden tune of all time so very keen to get that toon for sure. Icarus is another fave as well so that too sounds like a winner - hopefully he has some cool art and moves linked to his character - sun melting the other team maybe? " minutes need to have a nuke like power/fury move...not very PC but he has to have that I would guess.

Night City will be good when it comes - no doubt a fair pile of folk will race to get it completed so it will likely last a week or two at most as something new - gauntlet sound like the longer term hook we need though. Once that all comes then I am hoping that new worlds are a bit easier to come by time wise! There are really no limits to what they can do for worlds - so many options and I am sure that there will be more to come - I really fancy seeing a 7th Son based world - it is a weird cover so it has lots of possibilities - same with Somewhere in Time - that would be awesome.

Trying not to get too carried away so lets see what the tour months that follow wil bring us.

scott-5496
05-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Indeed it is so fingers crossed we see Night City soon - maybe next as early as June!

rags-6094
05-29-2018, 05:32 PM
Indeed it is so fingers crossed we see Night City soon - maybe next as early as June!

That would make sense perhaps, isn't the games 2 year anniversary coming up??

kkkreg5
05-29-2018, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about more Eddies. Love him and the band, but more to over saturate the pool? Anyway, good to hear of the new content hopefully it WILL arrive, but again, no more money from me for it. I strongly believe I paid my share.

Crazypants
05-29-2018, 11:37 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about more Eddies. Love him and the band, but more to over saturate the pool? Anyway, good to hear of the new content hopefully it WILL arrive, but again, no more money from me for it. I strongly believe I paid my share.

Free to play is definitely the way to go. When I think of how much money I spent on this game the first 2/3's of last year i just shake my head. It made me take a big step back from this Dopamine peddler. 6 months of little to no play did me good. Helped me rediscover some tangible and intangible things that were fun and made me happy, Rather then staying in and grinding for the latest in game shiny. If anybody feels themselves getting to jaded dont be afraid to take a step back. Whether its temporary or permanent this shits not worth it.

kkkreg5
05-30-2018, 06:02 PM
Free to play is definitely the way to go. When I think of how much money I spent on this game the first 2/3's of last year i just shake my head. It made me take a big step back from this Dopamine peddler. 6 months of little to no play did me good. Helped me rediscover some tangible and intangible things that were fun and made me happy, Rather then staying in and grinding for the latest in game shiny. If anybody feels themselves getting to jaded dont be afraid to take a step back. Whether its temporary or permanent this shits not worth it.

No ready to go "casual" yet Pants... but after going through my receipts, I realized I went overboard. Not doing that again!

Mizrael
05-30-2018, 06:09 PM
Free to play is definitely the way to go. When I think of how much money I spent on this game.... this shits not worth it.

Amen to that!!! ain’t worth it!

GrimDusk
05-31-2018, 02:31 AM
Okay there's been very little actual speculation about his abilities, so I'm going to start that. Let's start with his actual focus. Being that this is "beast eddie," he may have some abilities that dish out a lot of debuffs to the enemies like the Beast himself. I'm not sure what class he'll be, but I'm going to assume he'll be a 5-star assassin, as we haven't gotten a new one since the beginning of the game. His animations seem to be sort of spellcaster-like, and I think his fury will have something to do with the giant beast eddie we see in the new sets for Iron Maiden and in the concept art for this character in the article you guys linked to earlier. He seems super cool, and I'm interested to see what the devs do with him.

druid138
05-31-2018, 11:02 PM
Release the June Teaser already! :)

Sparton_LOTB
05-31-2018, 11:44 PM
Release the June Teaser already! :)

It'll be posted in 16 minutes!