PDA

View Full Version : Found this funny...

Sidney
05-30-2018, 03:30 PM
So I was ordering some parts for my Addams Family Pinball table and when I received the parts they sent me a sticker. I don't know if they are trying to drum up more interest in the LOTB Pinball table, but Aces High Eddie accompanied my order. Even funnier is that the company I ordered the parts from wasn't even amusements.com as advertised in the sticker.

Sick
05-30-2018, 03:57 PM
The Addams Family Pinball is my all time favorite. I spent so much time and money on this machine. Good Old Times.

Sidney
05-30-2018, 04:05 PM
The Addams Family Pinball is my all time favorite. I spent so much time and money on this machine. Good Old Times.

It was always one of my favorites as well. I might be slightly bias since my last name is Adams but Bally did such a good job on that table. I've been upgrading some of the aspects of the playfield to make it better. The back of the playfield was always kind of dark and I guess it didn't matter when you were playing in the arcade since they have tons of light on. But when I bought the table a few months ago and put in in my basement bar area I just didn't like how dark it was. I've got 3 more light kits to install today and a nice blood blister on my finger from upgrading the cloud topper lights. Pinching your finger with needle nose pliers is never a fun experience... :D

kkkreg5
05-30-2018, 05:59 PM
Be sure to post pics Trooper! I wish I could get my hands on a classic KISS pinball machine...

Sidney
05-30-2018, 08:33 PM
Be sure to post pics Trooper! I wish I could get my hands on a classic KISS pinball machine...

Here you go!! :D They have the classic KISS pinball machines on pinside.com. It's really a matter of how far you're willing to drive to get one. Ultimately I ended up finding mine on Craigslist. It took me a couple years of looking to find one local though.

I had the lights dimmed in the basement (The way I normally keep it) to show all the lights. It came out kinda blurry. It fits perfectly into the basement bar. Wish I had the room for another table... I'd really like to get the Maiden one, but have to go play it this summer at the pinball expo they have every year. I heard that Stern didn't do a great job and didn't get that original with it and it just plays like all the other ones they did for bands... Kind of disappointing but I suppose I'll have to make a decision when I get to play it.

Tim28213
05-30-2018, 08:38 PM
That is an incredible game room!

Sidney
05-30-2018, 08:51 PM
That is an incredible game room!

Thank you!! My wife is a very understanding woman!! :D She may encourage me too much though... lol She let me go nuts in my music studio when I was building out the basement. I think I spent more money soundproofing the music room than I did on the rest of the basement... In my defense, I needed a good place for all the guitars I've collected over the years. Sadly... this isn't all of them. Did I mention that my wife is a very understanding woman?

FarmerEddie
05-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Wow. Just Wow. Awesome setup man. And sounds like you found a hell of a woman. 👍

T-Man
05-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Awesome set up man! Love it!

kkkreg5
05-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Freaking AWESOME! What ever she wants man...

Crazypants
05-30-2018, 11:34 PM
Now thats a freaking man cave. Sick set up! Is that the one where Thing picks up and places the ball after a certain score sequence? If so the bar I worked at in the mid 90s had that and I used to play the hell outta that when I was supposed to be working.

Sick
05-30-2018, 11:42 PM
I am deeply impressed. Just great.

Sidney
05-31-2018, 01:53 AM
Thanks Guys!! I spend a lot of time down there. It keeps me off the streets and out of trouble for the most part. Yup... I did find a good woman the second time around. My first wife looked a lot like Wrath and had a bad attitude to match that face. Second time around I found a keeper!! :D Work is crazy lately and I don't get to hang out in the forums as much as I'd like. Getting ready for my 10PM-5AM ESXi migrations. Looking forward to returning to a normal schedule in the next couple weeks. Auto-Play has been awesome in getting all my troopers in. Having to work a full day and then pull a night shift is killing me. I was glad I had the night off last yesterday evening to get the light modifications installed and then finishing up the last few this morning.

Well... about 10 minutes until the "Work fun" begins!!

Here we go... Up The Irons!!! :D

Sidney
05-31-2018, 01:59 AM
Now thats a freaking man cave. Sick set up! Is that the one where Thing picks up and places the ball after a certain score sequence? If so the bar I worked at in the mid 90s had that and I used to play the hell outta that when I was supposed to be working.

LOL... Indeed... Upper right hand corner. The hand comes out and takes the ball and saves it for the multi-ball sequence. I love the audio clips that comes with it. I think they are all from the Addams family movie. My favorite quote is when you hit the ball in the electric chair and you hear Raul Julia say "It has to warm up.... SO IT CAN KILL YOU!!!" So many funny one liners in that pinball game!!