PDA

View Full Version : Game doesn't even pass the loading screen since June 6th update

gor
06-06-2018, 07:38 PM
On a Samsung Galaxy Note8... The bar doesn't even begin to load. Uninstalled, reinstalled, tried again, nothing. Runs fine I my old Note II.

Solution: found the root of the problem. Uninstalled game from Samsung's Game Launcher suite, restarted the phone and the game runs fine. If reinserted inside the Game Launcher suite problem comes back.

Update: Game requires reinstalation every time I have to run it.

Mdp226
06-06-2018, 08:40 PM
On a Samsung Galaxy Note8... The bar doesn't even begin to load. Uninstalled, reinstalled, tried again, nothing. Runs fine I my old Note II.

Solution: found the root of the problem. Uninstalled game from Samsung's Game Launcher suite, restarted the phone and the game runs fine. If reinserted inside the Game Launcher suite problem comes back.

I am using an iPad and since the update the bar just keeps going over and over the same phrases but doesn’t load. I’ve run the update, switched machine off and on twice, rechecked it’s updated but can’t get anywhere. Anyone else having this problem on iPad Pro? I don’t understand the phone solution being a technological idiot and want to finish the angel event, I only need about 20 more fragments. Anyone found a solution in simple terms?!

Yup
06-06-2018, 08:50 PM
My iPad loaded it fine.

You might try uninstall/reinstall.. just be certain the account is tied to facebook or an email address so you can log back in and have all your "stuff".

Mdp226
06-06-2018, 10:04 PM
I hate to sound even more dumb (it’s being an old crusty as Bruce would say that does it) but how do I know that? I know it’s not tied to Facebook so that’s simple. I know password updates when I’ve forgotten it go to my email address and I’m a member of the fan club but does that automatically mean the game is linked to my email address. I’ve worked mega hard to get to my (meagre to you experts) level 60 and through all X levels of the gardens etc.

Mdp226
06-06-2018, 10:05 PM
Seriously don’t want to start again!!!!

Yup
06-06-2018, 10:12 PM
Well, when the game is launched you can put in an email/password or tie it to your facebook account. (settings screen)

You can't do anything if the game won't even launch.

And uninstalling will lose all the data if it's not already connected to an email/facebook account. You can't retroactively connect it.

Cefiar
06-06-2018, 10:21 PM
If you know your User ID (eg: The name with numbers after it in the game) you can get it back if you're lucky. Basically don't play the game beyond the initial tutorial (only time you can get to menus is after the initial tutorial), then create an account in game using email. Contact NF support and ask if you can get them to retroactively link the previous user ID to your current account.

My partner did this when the game wouldn't open and she tried reinstalling (as she hadn't set up an account at that time), trashing her progress.

Not guaranteed to work of course, and if the User ID already is tied to an email/FB, AFAIK they won't change it.

Yup
06-06-2018, 10:23 PM
Good call Cefiar!

If you've ever emailed support Mdp226, and still have emails -- they might have your account ID in them.

Mdp226
06-06-2018, 10:48 PM
Good call Cefiar!

If you've ever emailed support Mdp226, and still have emails -- they might have your account ID in them.

I have but they don’t have an account id in them. I’m thinking reading the 2rrsponses i’ll Have to wave goodbye to the ‘angel’ and err on the side of caution and simply email support again to make sure I don’t accidentally lose everything.

Cefiar
06-06-2018, 10:51 PM
Mdp226: Know anyone who has you as a trooper? They can tell you your ID. ;)

Note that I'm referring to the player ID in game, not the huge unique ID that you see in the account tab.

gor
06-07-2018, 04:04 AM
Ok, game doesn't log me in again. This update is seriously bugged...

Mdp226
06-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Think from a previous thread it is melp-2213 but I darent touch it without knowing for sure. Have sent in 2 support requests through both forums and still awaiting response. No way I want to start again having got through all the gardens etc

Mdp226
06-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Me too phone and ipad

gor
09-08-2018, 06:23 AM
I can't believe no one else is mentioning this! Since June, the only way to enter the game is by restarting my phone and clicking the game icon the second it becomes available on screen. If I wait five minutes after the restart without doing anything, the game will freeze at the loading screen with the bar empty. After numerous uninstallations and reinstallations of the game, all the game updates since June and a couple of firmware updates from Samsung, the problem still persists! Imagine that every time my game freezes I have to restart my phone!!! And it affects both my Note 8 and my wife's S8. Please fix it!!!

Cefiar
09-08-2018, 07:54 AM
gor: Are you using any sort of "night time" apps that adjust the screen color (eg: reduce the amount of blue)?

They're a known issue that causes MANY games to freeze up. If you've got that installed, you want to disable that before you start the game.

My partner used to have one on a timer and without fail when the app kicked in, her game would freeze constantly.

gor
09-08-2018, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the interest. No, I am using no such app and my screen has the default Samsung settings.