PDA

View Full Version : Limits on Souls

Cefiar
06-07-2018, 01:52 AM
Hi All,

Is there a limit on the number of unclaimed souls you can hold on to (ie: without redeeming them in the book of souls)?

I've currently got > 600 common souls waiting to be redeemed, and a bunch of higher souls too, and I'll happily let that grow so I can use them all in a (hopefully upcoming) sacrifice event, if I don't need to get rid of them.

I know they're stored in bundles of 99 souls, but my question is more "how many bundles" of souls can you have?

90mphyorker
06-07-2018, 02:45 AM
I had 27 stacks once, so at least that.

Probably 99, if there is a limit, but I have no clue if there is.

Yup
06-07-2018, 02:46 AM
I've had over 1200 regular souls at one time, no issues. I guess that's 12 stacks... 90mph has me beat there :)

Cefiar
06-07-2018, 02:46 AM
Hah. Ok.. You've given me a number to shoot for. ;)

druid138
06-07-2018, 03:48 AM
The limit of soul stacks (regardless of soul type and count per stack) is around 50. After you hit the limit, you're forced to redeem some, similar to what happens when you go over on characters, shards, and runes.

Cefiar
06-07-2018, 03:58 AM
OK. Good to know!

Don't want to get there cos then it's possible to get stuck (eg: not enuff cash to redeem the smallest costing stack).

ie: Can't get cash if you don't play (or can't buy some in the store), but can't play cos you need to use souls up in the book, etc.

That'd need an email to support to get around methinks.

druid138
06-07-2018, 04:08 AM
The other pain point is when you hit the limit a few days before a Sacrifice event, and you're right at the edge of hitting a Vortex. In that situation, it can actually be better to (gasp) sell the characters, rather than trigger the Vortex.

Cefiar
06-07-2018, 04:19 AM
Yeah, there's always that I guess.

rags-6094
06-07-2018, 04:24 AM
You guys must have enormous gold stacks to open all those souls with.
This leads me to my own personal dilemma, I have just a meer 2 extra spots for characters, I just can't bring myself to part with more gold or ironite to open anymore slots it costs a bomb!
I have a habit of maxing out one of each character 3* or above, this keeps one of the daily challenges done. But on the down side I have all these maxed 3*to 5* characters that take up much needed space.
Should I sacrifice them?
Ocassionally there's a challenge that requires a buff or skill one of them has, that I don't have in a mega character.
But other than that their a waste of space...

druid138
06-07-2018, 05:21 AM
The limit of soul stacks (regardless of soul type and count per stack) is around 50. After you hit the limit, you're forced to redeem some, similar to what happens when you go over on characters, shards, and runes.

I just confirmed that the limit is exactly 50 stacks.

Cefiar
06-07-2018, 05:21 AM
I've only recently started farming for gold on things like Powerslave (with any spare SoT), so I've been very gold poor cos I was constantly using it! I've mainly been using Ironite now to expand slots tho.

I've been thinking much the same Re: sacrifice. At least, for all the common 1-2 star characters that I have brought up to at least 4 star (tho a few are 5 star). I'm thinking of ditching all the standard ones that don't have a passive or something unique, and gaining back a ton of slots. Tho since I've pretty much equipped every one of these with talismans, I'll suddenly have a huge excess of talis which I'll have to sell off (which I might need anyway with all these damn souls).

This latest event (Angel of Mercy fragments) has been dropping common souls more than anything else in LoL. It's almost exclusively where I've gotten all mine from so far. :/

rags-6094
06-07-2018, 05:45 AM
I leave the majority of my 3* maxed to 5* characters with no talisman until I need them for some reason, but I do like the idea of if they don't have a passive chucking them out!
There is a few even without the passive they have a buff required for a challenge (last month) for example 3* Magis Trickster with bomb...
Now I'm no closer to making a decision bugger...

Blade
06-07-2018, 07:45 AM
I just confirmed that the limit is exactly 50 stacks.

That's right and I hate it! I am always close to the limit - 48 stacks in the moment, and some more regular souls will come today. I would love to see the limit set to 100.

rags-6094
06-07-2018, 09:48 AM
I've only recently started farming for gold on things like Powerslave (with any spare SoT), so I've been very gold poor cos I was constantly using it! I've mainly been using Ironite now to expand slots tho.

I've been thinking much the same Re: sacrifice. At least, for all the common 1-2 star characters that I have brought up to at least 4 star (tho a few are 5 star). I'm thinking of ditching all the standard ones that don't have a passive or something unique, and gaining back a ton of slots. Tho since I've pretty much equipped every one of these with talismans, I'll suddenly have a huge excess of talis which I'll have to sell off (which I might need anyway with all these damn souls).

This latest event (Angel of Mercy fragments) has been dropping common souls more than anything else in LoL. It's almost exclusively where I've gotten all mine from so far. :/

Gees Cef your not kidding! I checked out your team I think every damned character had unfinished talisman in their possession, how the hell do you keep track of where you put what talisman and what stage their at?

That would drive me crazy! If it's in a character worth doing it's complete, fully skill sharded, full strength x 6 talisman, Done - nothing half assed..
If I have any unfinished talisman in toons I know where they are and what toons I plan on completing!

Sorry mate I'm aware I'm starting to sound like a mother here but it's just my nature....

Just saying...:cool:

Blade
06-07-2018, 01:54 PM
lol rags, then you would go totally mad with my team :) Nearly all of my 288 chars have Talis on them as the normal storage (240 for me right now) is just by far not enough. Flexibility is needed for meta-shifts etc.

rags-6094
06-07-2018, 05:27 PM
I bet you blokes keep your homes in similar disarray! Goodness me!;) lol

Cefiar
06-07-2018, 10:59 PM
Rags: I only put good talismans on 5* chars. The rest have ordinary stuff. If get too much I sell the rest, but it means if I need something generic but specific, I can hunt thru the characters and usually find a set on one of them.

Also, if you select the talisman tab, but don't touch the talismans, you can then swap characters easy enough to see the next ones talismans, etc. I use this a lot. ;)

rags-6094
06-07-2018, 11:27 PM
Rags: I only put good talismans on 5* chars. The rest have ordinary stuff. If get too much I sell the rest, but it means if I need something generic but specific, I can hunt thru the characters and usually find a set on one of them.

Also, if you select the talisman tab, but don't touch the talismans, you can then swap characters easy enough to see the next ones talismans, etc. I use this a lot. ;)

The other bonus about the way you are doing it is, you don't have to add too many more slots to talisman which should save a fair bit of gold or ironite.
Just having a friendly dig...:p
Each to his own!

T-Man
06-07-2018, 11:45 PM
The other pain point is when you hit the limit a few days before a Sacrifice event, and you're right at the edge of hitting a Vortex. In that situation, it can actually be better to (gasp) sell the characters, rather than trigger the Vortex.

This happened to me. I did indeed just sell them off while waiting for the sacrifice event.

druid138
06-08-2018, 12:01 AM
This happened to me. I did indeed just sell them off while waiting for the sacrifice event.

Yeah, same here. 8 stacks so far. Hopefully, the Sacrifice event is here soon!

blade685
06-08-2018, 06:24 PM
good things will be to not completly block you when 50 reach :)

Cefiar
06-09-2018, 05:17 AM
Yeah, same here. 8 stacks so far. Hopefully, the Sacrifice event is here soon!

Only 8? ;)

Currently at 8 (about to hit 9) of just common souls. I've also got a few Mercy bats I haven't yet redeemed and some cathedral souls as well.

Don't wanna fill up all my spare slots just yet!