PDA

View Full Version : Unable to play on Android 7.0 Nougat - known issue, we're working on it

jpmusic
08-22-2016, 08:44 PM
Hey, guys...

I just updated my Nexus 6P to Android 7.0 and the app still doesn't work with this new version. I'm completely locked out, I was just 2 days away from completing the daily rewards... This is so, SO IRRITATING.

Sorry, fellow Troopers... I won't be able to play until this is fixed. I hope it is really soon, I've already faced too many issues with the game to add a new one to the list...

Please, help.

Jennie-5128
08-22-2016, 09:06 PM
Awwwww nuts. I get a new phone on 28th of this month....

ConfusedGuru
08-24-2016, 05:40 AM
Updating to Nougat at this point in time was asking for trouble right? Revert to Marshmallow until Nougat is stable and devs have had time to adapt to the new OS.

jpmusic
08-24-2016, 03:07 PM
Updating to Nougat at this point in time was asking for trouble right? Revert to Marshmallow until Nougat is stable and devs have had time to adapt to the new OS.

The developer preview was out 5 months before official release. I think that's more than enough time to plan ahead, a lot of apps already work fluently on Nougat. I'm not running the developer preview/beta, it's already the official release. Downgrading to Marshmallow is going to take a while, and I'm not willing to do it. It is the devs responsibility to make the game available, the platform is pretty much the same, so I don't think it is that hard to upgrade the app.

Lamia
08-25-2016, 12:02 AM
I just updated my Nexus 6P to Android 7.0 and the app still doesn't work with this new version.
Some users report a black screen on Android 7 if they don't say Yes to all permission requests. Have you said 'Yes' to all permissions?

If you have said yes to all permissions then the game team will need to troubleshoot this on a Nexus 6P running Android 7.

jpmusic
08-25-2016, 03:27 AM
Some users report a black screen on Android 7 if they don't say Yes to all permission requests. Have you said 'Yes' to all permissions?

If you have said yes to all permissions then the game team will need to troubleshoot this on a Nexus 6P running Android 7.

Yes, I have. All the permissions have been granted to the app, but I'm still stuck on the black screen :(

Lamia
08-25-2016, 08:24 PM
Yes, I have. All the permissions have been granted to the app, but I'm still stuck on the black screen :(
This has been logged as a bug and the game team is working on it. Thanks for your patience.

jpmusic
08-25-2016, 11:15 PM
This has been logged as a bug and the game team is working on it. Thanks for your patience.

Oh, this is good news :) Thanks, Lamia!!!

Surt
08-30-2016, 10:33 AM

I've juste updated my Nexus 5X to Android 7.0 today and I have the same black screen problem.
Do you have any idea of how long it could take to fixe this bug ?