PDA

View Full Version : Is Rainmaker likely to receive changes any time soon?

GrimDusk
06-13-2018, 08:17 PM
Rainmaker was always my favorite Eddie, but he's terrible in the current state of the game. Low HP, no survivability, no utility, just damage. He barely works with the current meta, so I'm wondering if throwing him into the sacrifice pit for the upcoming event will be worth it. I'll get vortex, a level VII sacrifice, everything good. Also I'm getting rid of Viking Eddie because there literally is no reason to use him anymore with Edward the Great being a thing. If Rainmaker doesn't receive any balance updates, should I just toss him?

Patrice-1201
06-13-2018, 08:30 PM
You should not sacrifice those hard to get 5*. With Gauntlet they will all be needed and it might be a very long time until you get them back. Please do not do this ;-)

Kaz_LOTB
06-13-2018, 08:34 PM
I have him coming up on my list for a bit of a rework. Hopefully by the next update, but will have to see...
I wouldn't suggest you go tossing him into a pit just yet :)

-Kaz

druid138
06-13-2018, 08:40 PM
I have him coming up on my list for a bit of a rework. Hopefully by the next update, but will have to see...
I wouldn't suggest you go tossing him into a pit just yet :)

-Kaz

Now, THAT is some fantastic news! Thank you!

GrimDusk
06-13-2018, 10:03 PM
Okay, thank you.

90mphyorker
06-14-2018, 12:48 AM
I haven’t got a Rainmaker Ed and I’ve been playing pretty much since the start.

Some people have had about 20 some like myself, none. He can be pretty hard to get so if his update makes him awesome you might not see him again.

I binned my Gunner COTD as I never used her. She recieved a killer update and I missed out on her craziness. Thankfully another has since dropped for me.

I binned my Assassin Corrupt Rescuer as it was crap and was never used. Look at her now and she’s not dropped for me again.

Unless they are dupes, like other have said, keep them.

infinite dreamer
06-14-2018, 01:01 AM
I haven’t got a Rainmaker Ed and I’ve been playing pretty much since the start.

Some people have had about 20 some like myself, none. He can be pretty hard to get so if his update makes him awesome you might not see him again.

I binned my Gunner COTD as I never used her. She recieved a killer update and I missed out on her craziness. Thankfully another has since dropped for me.

I binned my Assassin Corrupt Rescuer as it was crap and was never used. Look at her now and she’s not dropped for me again.

Unless they are dupes, like other have said, keep them.

Same here, been playing since the beginning and never got Rainmaker (or Samuri Eddie). Like everyone has said, don't sacrifice non dupes. You never know who's going to get improved.

Amarthir
06-14-2018, 01:07 AM
I didn't get rainmaker for the longest time until just a few months ago. Now he just keeps on dropping for me.

rags-6094
06-14-2018, 01:43 AM
Gunner COTD I've always thought that toon was a he not a she.
So is the general consensus that the Corrupt Rescuer is a he or a she?

druid138
06-14-2018, 01:45 AM
Gunner COTD I've always thought that toon was a he not a she.
So is the general consensus that the Corrupt Rescuer is a he or a she?

Gunner and Magus CotDs, as well as the Corrupt Rescuers, are females.

Update: Hmm, maybe I was wrong about the CotDs. During last year's Magus CotD fragment event, Sparton referred to it as a "he". I could have sworn that Sparton and/or Kaz had referred to them as "she" at some point.

rags-6094
06-14-2018, 01:49 AM
Says who? More explanation please fellow trooper!

druid138
06-14-2018, 01:51 AM
Says who? More explanation please fellow trooper!

I updated my original post . . . Not sure now about CotDs. But look at the CR's figure . . .

Update: After more forum post hunting, it looks pretty conclusive that the CotDs are males. Sorry for the confusion.

rags-6094
06-14-2018, 01:57 AM
I think you are correct regarding the CR's though they are female...

Chaosego888
06-14-2018, 02:20 AM
I'm pretty sure the Magus/Gunner children are females. I remember Sparton referring to her as She when she got buffed a few months ago. There is a thread somewhere that was discussed about a year and a half ago I think entitled Iron Maiden maidens if you can find it... and as Druid stated, the Corrupt Rescuers are pretty obvious

infinite dreamer
06-14-2018, 02:22 AM
Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer is referred to as a "her" in the page introducing her through fragments, so I guess they're all females.

"This unique Sentinel is a physical attacker whose Passive heals allies every turn based on the number of negative effects currently on her!

Take one for the team! This Corrupt Rescuer’s Power attack, Avail, steals all negative effects from allies and places them on herself, while also increasing ATK for 2 turns, and instantly granting her an Extra Turn!"

druid138
06-14-2018, 03:06 AM
I'm pretty sure the Magus/Gunner children are females. I remember Sparton referring to her as She when she got buffed a few months ago.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! But, when I searched for it, all I could find was Sparton calling it a "he" in the Magus CotD Fragment Event Announcement post here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8475-Character-Fragment-Event-featuring-Magus-Child-of-the-Damned!&p=50989&viewfull=1#post50989).

Chaosego888
06-14-2018, 03:17 AM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! But, when I searched for it, all I could find was Sparton calling it a "he" in the Magus CotD Fragment Event Announcement post here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8475-Character-Fragment-Event-featuring-Magus-Child-of-the-Damned!&p=50989&viewfull=1#post50989).Now, I'm confused... I don't think these posts are Sparton's actual words though, These are always exactly the same as the emails I get from the game. When he referred to the Gunner as a she it was a response to a player about her abilities... Maybe there is some internal confusion there as well

druid138
06-14-2018, 03:22 AM
Now, I'm confused... I don't think these posts are Sparton's actual words though, These are always exactly the same as the emails I get from the game. When he referred to the Gunner as a she it was a response to a player about her abilities... Maybe there is some internal confusion there as well

Agree!

Sparton / Kaz - care to settle this once and for all? :)

Peppoah
06-14-2018, 01:43 PM
Agree!

Sparton / Kaz - care to settle this once and for all? :)

Maybe you should open an extra thread called CR/CotD male/female? Here’s the talk about Rainmaker.
I’ll be really happy to see Rainmaker getting a buff and thanks for the information Kaz.
I remember back in the day, I had one rainmaker from a trooper. It must be autumn 2016. He died, when you just looked at him, but did huge damage. It was a time when I wasn’t even finished with all the cosmos missions. When you reached the last wave, he was always on fury and had multiple extra turns. But you had to get to the last wave somehow without getting attacked. One attack and he was dead.

Ian
06-14-2018, 06:40 PM
Will be nice to have a reason to pull Rainmaker out of retirement. Back when I started he was really rare but far too delicate.

None of the changes to him or new talismans since did much to change his status from "glass cannon" but the damage output - even fully sharded - is not enough to consider using him for PvP (he has always been more "glass" than "cannon" since his special stat got fixed long ago).

Rain88
06-14-2018, 09:20 PM
As far as I remember Rainmaker Eddie got his rework not long ago and it was pretty shit. Wouldn't count on a boost soon but I would never sacrifice him unless he's a dupe

Valgard
06-15-2018, 08:46 PM
Rainmaker had indeed a rework not long ago. His future basic skill grants a golden immunity if I'm not wrong. Personally I use him quite often in PVE switching him with Navigator Eddie against some bosses, especially in Garden of Dismay and AMoLaD.

However, another rework would be great considering the latest Eddies that hit the ground recently.