PDA

View Full Version : Help with the official LOTB wiki!

Leviathan
06-14-2018, 09:57 PM
Hello Troopers!

We need you! Our community team has been leading an initiative to get an official Legacy of the Beast wiki up and running! They’ve collected information from in-game, and worked with our designers to create an easy to read and helpful guide to our characters, talismans, and effects.

Check the image below for a look at what we have planned!

As you can imagine, this is a whole heap of data and we have a really small team. In order to get this wiki up and running in as soon as possible, we need help entering all these details into our content management system.

If you are interested in helping us enter this data, please follow this link and enter the requested information. Our team will contact you if you’re selected: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScmvtV3teuho2j5wpX48uoI16YqF65dXEYEokLSmyBm qfhLZg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Everyone who is selected to helps us out will be delivered an awesome pack of in-game goods including Ironite, Rare Souls, Heroic Soul Fragments and Frontier Coins. These packs will be delivered directly to your account once the wiki is live.

Do you have tips/tricks for specific characters/talismans? Once the wiki is live, we would love to hear from you! This is a live document, and we’ll be updating it regularly as we add new content and hear about incredible new strategies.

druid138
06-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Hell yeah! I've been waiting for this day!

slauki
06-14-2018, 10:28 PM
thank you very much for rewarding me for years, for maintaining the maxed characters thread was a really nice gesture from you....oh yeah you put me twice on coalgivers list, so i should be thankful i guess...was a pretty cheap solution for you though...

MrFreeze
06-14-2018, 11:21 PM
Does this mean all of the character “tuning” is going to be slowing down? If not it’ll need to be updated monthly to stay accurate. Are you guys going to give out care packages on a monthly basis?

Birkelstein-4509
06-14-2018, 11:25 PM
Ii would ask Slauki and Kaijester to help

Yup
06-14-2018, 11:51 PM
I've personally built my own custom CMS to keep track of some data not easily apparent. So I have data.... but traditionally pricing for data is agreed upon before the data is provided not via some sort of speculative rewards system.

I realize this particular data has no other use realistically, unless I wish to start my own non-official LotB wiki to monetize myself.... hmmm....... ;)

Honestly, "Help us make money and we will give you virtual rewards, which aren't worth anything other than within our own product." seems pretty bad.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. If I am, I'm sorry. This is merely how I see the "ask". I'm sure you'll get many users jumping at the chance though.

DIEDD
06-14-2018, 11:54 PM
I've personally built my own custom CMS to keep track of some data not easily apparent. So I have data.... but traditionally pricing for data is agreed upon before the data is provided not via some sort of speculative rewards system.

I realize this particular data has no other use realistically, unless I wish to start my own non-official LotB wiki to monetize myself.... hmmm....... ;)

Honestly, "Help us make money and we will give you virtual rewards, which aren't worth anything other than within our own product." seems pretty bad.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. If I am, I'm sorry. This is merely how I see the "ask". I'm sure you'll get many users jumping at the changce though.

exactly my thoughts...

Cefiar
06-15-2018, 12:19 AM
I was actually working on a spreadsheet with the negative effects (as they're the only things used for Missions/Events usually) in it, so happy to pull this into the wiki.

Only got as far as documenting most/all of the Eddies, so not a huge amount of data that'd need to be double-keyed.

Re: Updates of characters. Could these be pulled into the wiki as well? I know that NF post their updates on the forum, but if the detail is hosted on the wiki, then I can see a way to have more up to date info available to people viewing the wiki, even if the wiki page hasn't been updated.

Basically, what I'm thinking is that on the bottom of each character/item/whatever wiki page, it would have something that said when the wiki page was last updated, but point to the log of updates, so people to fact check and verify if there's been any changes since the page was updated.

This makes it easy for people trying to find the updates when updating the wiki, as well as providing links to that info if the wiki isn't up to date.

GrimDusk
06-15-2018, 03:22 AM
I applied before even reading that there were rewards. Well, I always love lending a helping hand so I hope I can assist the team.

Rayn13
06-15-2018, 04:05 AM
Here is a suggestion, how about adding more playable content and fixing the bugs before worrying about this!

Liebhild
06-15-2018, 09:51 AM
A few scripts querying the dbs should fill this automatically.

But, ooops, I forgot the wonderful skills of the devs.

nuclear1250
06-15-2018, 11:41 AM
So... let me get this straight:

You've got players angry with lack of new content, lack of bug fixes, terrible RNG odds, lack of proper communication with players outside of generic and typical responses...

... and your main focus now is not on the game but on a wiki page?

I don't even know anymore...

Yup
06-15-2018, 02:43 PM
A few scripts querying the dbs should fill this automatically.

THIS is what REALLY cracks me up about this plea for help. I mean .. the "game" is a database is it not?

hold
06-15-2018, 03:15 PM
So... let me get this straight:

You've got players angry with lack of new content, lack of bug fixes, terrible RNG odds, lack of proper communication with players outside of generic and typical responses...

... and your main focus now is not on the game but on a wiki page?

I don't even know anymore...

If I would have time or could be arsed I could write a novel about known bugs that are older than 3 months - guess I'm not the only one ...

Leviathan
06-15-2018, 10:41 PM
Hi everyone,

Just to put everyone’s mind at ease, I can assure you that this wiki is not taking time away from bug fixes or the development of new content. This project is being spearheaded by our community team, which is separate from our development team. Those 2 teams are made up of different groups of people, with very different skill sets. Essentially, everyone who can fix bugs/build new things is focused on doing so, and is not involved in this particular initiative.

Does this mean all of the character “tuning” is going to be slowing down? If not it’ll need to be updated monthly to stay accurate. Are you guys going to give out care packages on a monthly basis?

Once this initial bulk of data entry is done, we will be updating the wiki internally and the update cadence won't effect tuning.

Re: Updates of characters. Could these be pulled into the wiki as well? I know that NF post their updates on the forum, but if the detail is hosted on the wiki, then I can see a way to have more up to date info available to people viewing the wiki, even if the wiki page hasn't been updated.

This is a great suggestion! We’re still working out the final details of layout and information presentation, but we’ll be sure to keep this in mind.

Mariner-1212
06-18-2018, 07:54 PM
Essentially, everyone who can fix bugs/build new things is focused on doing so...

Gotta be a pretty lonely team with zero members on it, huh? :P

Leviathan
06-23-2018, 01:23 AM
Thank you to everyone who signed up to volunteer with this project.

Our team is just putting the finishing touches on the site design, and compiling the last of the information we'd like to present. We will contact the people we have selected to help us shortly!

GrimDusk
06-23-2018, 03:34 AM
Where would we be contacted? Through the forum, or through our email?

MetalKing
06-23-2018, 03:48 AM
I felt that the questionnaire was limited in selecting potential candidates that would be good to assist with the wiki. I have a master's degree and have played the game for a little over a year. If not selected, I would still like to help in some way because I love the game and the community.

Patrice-1201
06-23-2018, 07:26 AM
Did not see this but I am in :-)

Nifelheim
10-18-2018, 05:27 AM
What's the status/link to the wiki?

Leviathan
11-16-2018, 11:25 PM
What's the status/link to the wiki?

Hi Nifelheim.

So sorry for this late reply. I totally missed this message. The wiki is definitely still underway. Thank you for reaching out!

druid138
06-13-2019, 09:33 PM
Leviathan - any update on the official wiki? I know there are a lot of players interested in building resources for the community. If an official wiki is coming, we don't want to duplicate efforts. But, if it's going to be awhile, then we may be more aggressive at developing and sharing resources. Thanks!