PDA

View Full Version : Primordial talisman

Muzzleloader
06-16-2018, 07:19 PM
I pulled 2 completes sets of the new primordial talisman on a vortex fill. Does anyone have any ideas on who to put them on.

rags-6094
06-16-2018, 07:41 PM
There's plenty of reference to them in the forums in just the last few days, but Prisoner, Gunner Newborn of light, Navigator Eddie, G-COTD, Desert Golem, G-Golden Son, I don't have Hallowed Eddie,Cyborg but perhaps these too?

Valgard
06-16-2018, 07:58 PM
You need all slots to be yellow, and Hallowed Eddie has three red slots.

In just two days in the event, almost 60% of opponents in PVP have a gunner with this set and it's overkill as hell. I have 5 of them (yes, one missing) but waiting for sunday to buy trooper and eternal soul fragments for probably another ultimate sacrifice.

Personally, I'm starting to feel bored with PVP: you always need the latest supercharacters (e.g. Liliths or recent Eddies) or overtalismans as these ones.

Birkelstein-4509
06-16-2018, 09:48 PM
The primordial talismans really brought out the prisoner character. He’s on every ones defense again

rags-6094
06-16-2018, 10:59 PM
You need all slots to be yellow, and Hallowed Eddie has three red slots.

In just two days in the event, almost 60% of opponents in PVP have a gunner with this set and it's overkill as hell. I have 5 of them (yes, one missing) but waiting for sunday to buy trooper and eternal soul fragments for probably another ultimate sacrifice.

Personally, I'm starting to feel bored with PVP: you always need the latest supercharacters (e.g. Liliths or recent Eddies) or overtalismans as these ones.

Bored with PVP? For me this is just another added challenge! Yes they can be hard to over come but all the lower teams that somehow made it into the higher ranks on the back of this Talisman set will slowly but surely get knocked down again.
Until they build relics they're still potentially weak.
There are a few grey buffs that can make it harder but Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer is fantastic for clearing the red ones and some greys, seeing her stacked with negatives over her makes her very powerful I have been in PVP all morning, whilst in the lower ranks most of the teams taking advantage of the talisman set were relatively easy to clean up with the right team.

When I got up higher it's a different story but I did take care of a few teams that I would not of expected to beat.
At the lower levels around a 80% success rate, at the higher levels 40 - 50% I can't see my team making it to the top 100 like last week but I'll do alright...

Try high health/defence teams with lots of similar relics invested, Sentinel Lilith is a must, Sentinel CR, I use Pharoah Eddie but Visions would be good stealing the golden buffs and cleansing the team a bit, my fourth ally in my attacking team is Assasin CR but there are different combinations that could work, replace the last with Magis Lilith perhaps?

Don't give up keep trying! There are so many possible combinations that could hold the team together till you somehow get a break then whammo one by one they fall. Almost all teams where I failed there was a presence of Sentinel Lilith in their team.
Look at this as a challenge Troopers! I have not got this new set of talisman.. I suggest people add their ideas for team combinations to over throw this talisman set on this thread, even if you are running a set there must still be strategies that can work with varying success.
Good luck Troopers!

Muzzleloader
06-16-2018, 11:03 PM
I agree that PvP is becoming a pay to win feature of the game. The arena is becoming, who has the new overpowered characters and talisman is the winner. The only way to acquire the talent is spend money to purchase irronite or buy them outright. How many new Eddie's or tunes have been released this year.

rags-6094
06-16-2018, 11:07 PM
I agree that PvP is becoming a pay to win feature of the game. The arena is becoming, who has the new overpowered characters and talisman is the winner. The only way to acquire the talent is spend money to purchase irronite or buy them outright. How many new Eddie's or tunes have been released this year.

Yeah but isn't that the idea? I agree I don't like it but in the end the higher ranks will or have spent the money and put in the time to get there, I'm not prepared to spend a lot of dollars so mediocrity is the result!

ElvisIsDead
06-17-2018, 06:32 PM
The introduction of relics was so mind-bogglingly asinine I didn't think the PVP could get any worse, but I clearly underestimated the devs. Since then we have had an update that causes regular crashes, an update that was supposed to fix the crashes but didn't, instead causing the game to regularly freeze, overpowered talismans available only for real cash (destiny), and now the icing on the cake: primordial talismans. These talismans are without question the worst addition to the game in its already checkered history. Even facing a team with one set turns the game into a complete crapshoot; facing a team with four sets makes victory an impossibility for almost all players due to the fact that the grossly overpowered buffs stack and can only be countered by a couple of characters.

Congrats devs, you've truly excelled yourselves! The PVP is now completely beyond redemption.

(I honestly tried my best to resist the urge to post this criticism, but the bile was too strong in me.)

hold
06-17-2018, 07:53 PM
The introduction of relics was so mind-bogglingly asinine I didn't think the PVP could get any worse, but I clearly underestimated the devs. Since then we have had an update that causes regular crashes, an update that was supposed to fix the crashes but didn't, instead causing the game to regularly freeze, overpowered talismans available only for real cash (destiny), and now the icing on the cake: primordial talismans. These talismans are without question the worst addition to the game in its already checkered history. Even facing a team with one set turns the game into a complete crapshoot; facing a team with four sets makes victory an impossibility for almost all players due to the fact that the grossly overpowered buffs stack and can only be countered by a couple of characters.

Congrats devs, you've truly excelled yourselves! The PVP is now completely beyond redemption.

(I honestly tried my best to resist the urge to post this criticism, but the bile was too strong in me.)

I think these gunner talismans are fitting the game very well. Now we have a slot machine for souls and a lottery for PvP. I let PvP run on auto now 90% of the time - I have 2 sets (well developed - got a 3rd one luring but to lazy to upgrade them) and even on auto I have a decent outcome of winning without getting angry anymore about the shitshow.

I pledge for a new name: LotF - Legacy of the Flip-a-Coin

Icarus
06-17-2018, 08:20 PM
I didn't see that many Prisioners with the set, but actually i face a lot of Cyborg Eddie with it, since i have Valkyrie it isn't that hard to take it out in 2 or 3 rounds. But again, you need to have an specific toon to battle an specific problem again, letting down everyone that doesn't have it, and the way of how easy it is to get, everybody will have it before the last days of the event. So be prepared, another thing to deal with PvP.
I also think that if the idea of ''full sets talismans'' contunues, the moment when the Assassin set comes will be problematic, since it may be an overpowered effect and almost every assassin have their 3 specials slot of assassin.
Same thing with Sentinel, but i guess it will be something like a supporting effect rather than overpowered.

Muzzleloader
06-17-2018, 11:18 PM
What the devs need to do is create another overpowered character that blocks all golden buffs from being applied. Combine the new character with some purchase only talisman for a real money maker. Another great idea would be a relic that negates or reduces the benefits of current relics.

scott-5496
06-18-2018, 09:36 AM
They will likely have this ready to put out just round the corner I would guess - maybe the new Icarus can put out the flare from all of those stacked golden buffs - would not surprise me in the slightest.

Mizrael
06-18-2018, 02:31 PM
I have managed to get 4 full sets,maxed them out and constructed a “fun” 4 gunned team (two sets are enough). one word: DISGUSTING!

My prophecy from about a year ago has come true: The lack of creativity skills and knowledge about the mechanics of their own game, has lead to the day when the No Fantasy team has screwed the game beyond repair. Well done NF!

What now?! nerf a set which people have worked so hard to get?! hmm...

Kaz_LOTB
06-18-2018, 02:44 PM
Just a heads up that we will be making some adjustments to this Talisman Set in the next update. They were initially intended to be uber rare and powerful, but due to a bug with the recent sacrifice event it's been pretty easy to get a high number of sets all at once, so we'll be taking their power down a notch.

They will still be good, but they are currently just a bit more powerful than intended, especially with the full team stacking.

-Kaz

Blade
06-18-2018, 02:53 PM
Just a heads up that we will be making some adjustments to this Talisman Set in the next update. They were initially intended to be uber rare and powerful, but due to a bug with the recent sacrifice event it's been pretty easy to get a high number of sets all at once , so we'll be taking their power down a notch.

They will still be good, but they are currently just a bit more powerful than intended, especially with the full team stacking.

-Kaz

Thanks Kaz for stepping in the discussion. I am afraid you need to prepare for some hate in the nexts posts...

My experience with the new set is quite ok, as I found nice counters against the teams with 1, 2 or 3 sets. Thats why I don't use them on my defense by now. But I did not face a team with 4 sets until now and also no teams from the top25 I guess due to the new point and matchmaking system.
So I guess they will be nerfed to only grant the buff for one round and/or limiting the stacking to 2 gold buffs - which is still ok.
What I really would love to know is: What was the "bug" in the sacrifice event? What was the original plan that went wrong? Would you mind to share? Thanks!

Stormseye
06-18-2018, 03:03 PM
My guess is the sacrifice bug was the way the Talismans were awarded. They probably should have been distributed in an order similar to Yup's suggestion. Meaning you could only get a full set of 6 after several VII sacrifice or a full Vortex. Instead of getting a full set on a VI sacrifice.

bort
06-18-2018, 03:06 PM
My guess is the sacrifice bug was the way the Talismans were awarded. They probably should have been distributed in an order similar to Yup's suggestion. Meaning you could only get a full set of 6 after several VII sacrifice or a full Vortex. Instead of getting a full set on a VI sacrifice.

Damn I wish I ran into that "bug".

I got 1 for each of my tier VI sac's, and usually 2 from the vortex fill. I managed two full vortexes and bought the remaining 2 from the shop to get 2 full sets.

Yup
06-18-2018, 03:16 PM
Just a heads up that we will be making some adjustments to this Talisman Set in the next update. They were initially intended to be uber rare and powerful, but due to a bug with the recent sacrifice event it's been pretty easy to get a high number of sets all at once , so we'll be taking their power down a notch.

-Kaz

Great. Thanks for noticing.

edsel
06-18-2018, 04:14 PM
so I have 5 sets plus 2 extra, made huge investment in powering them, now my Arena is empty because of my hi stats? no competitors in the 70+% defense win bracket to populate the normally 10 competitors? Over and over I refresh and there are maybe one or three, then nothing at all. Why can I not run my crew against anyone in the arena? https://youtu.be/U8jmsVuMTbA4677

hold
06-18-2018, 04:34 PM
Thanks Kaz for stepping in the discussion. I am afraid you need to prepare for some hate in the nexts posts...

My experience with the new set is quite ok, as I found nice counters against the teams with 1, 2 or 3 sets. Thats why I don't use them on my defense by now. But I did not face a team with 4 sets until now and also no teams from the top25 I guess due to the new point and matchmaking system.
So I guess they will be nerfed to only grant the buff for one round and/or limiting the stacking to 2 gold buffs - which is still ok.
What I really would love to know is: What was the "bug" in the sacrifice event? What was the original plan that went wrong? Would you mind to share? Thanks!

I don't think so. I think most players will be happy that they spent a huge amount of gold, skill shards, shards and runes to upgrade toons and talismans just to have to cope with a nerf (still be good) because of a "minor" f*ck*up of the devs (probably not tested the shite again) ... basically it's "our mistake but we still *** you up the ***"

Blade
06-18-2018, 04:45 PM
I hope they give you some new lists with inactive players only and the opportunity to play with a team of 5 members so that you can make the most out of your 5 sets ;)

Yup
06-18-2018, 04:52 PM
Instead of getting a full set on a VI sacrifice.

... which not everyone got (damn it!) :) I got only 3

MetalKing
06-18-2018, 05:05 PM
GREAT! Now they are going to nerf them. Now I wish I would have saved sac material for next sac event and collected a character.

Stormseye
06-18-2018, 05:12 PM
... which not everyone got (damn it!) :) I got only 3

I got 1 from Vortex fill and 1 from VI, soo my luck was terrible on this. Undeterred though my counter pvp build has no issues with these talismans on attack side.

Amarthir
06-18-2018, 06:04 PM
It is what it is I suppose. If everyone bitches loud enough they can get anything they want (-_-) zzz

Mizrael
06-18-2018, 06:53 PM
....but due to a bug...

WHAT?! care to share? what an unprofessional and lame excuse for yet another F up....

hold
06-18-2018, 06:54 PM
It is what it is I suppose. If everyone bitches loud enough they can get anything they want (-_-) zzz

I'm not against the nerf - hell yeah they are overpowered in that combinations and even I say that as a lucky owner of 3 sets. What pisses me off is the attitude those constant snafus are handled. They f*ck it up and don't show any respect that people made an effort ... all they are saying is: Oh yeah, sorry, we nerf them a bit ... our fault *giggle*

Bring your car to the garage for a service to NF. You come back and the NF-mechanics tell you:

"We had to change the brakes but realized we used a faulty set!"
"Did you change them again?"
"Of course not! But we throttled the engine to compensate for it - we don't charge you extra and the car is still good"

Yup
06-18-2018, 07:04 PM
I think clearly from inception NF failed to consider standard talisman issues if buffs are granted.

Any other talisman which grants something to allies does so ONCE.. even if you have that same talisman set on multiple allies. I'm not aware of any other talisman set which continually grants buff, after buff, after buff, after buff to allies and stacks them each and every time -- no, they may grant a buff each round, but they only grant 1 at a time. Clearly the Primordial talismans were broken from the start because they failed to take this standard behavior into account.

I'd say it's not so much a "F up" as it is just lack of attention to detail, again. Basic Q&A testing would have shown the possibility of having Ghost, Sovereign, Perfect Immunity, Perfect Immortality, Ascension, Shroud, and Crit Strike all on one toon at at any given time - or even the entire team at one time. Let alone any yellow buffs other characters can grant to allies (are there other yellow buffs?)

Also don't get the "hit this toon and you get Sleep cast on yourself". That makes no sense. There are no shields up.

Stormseye
06-18-2018, 07:21 PM
Also don't get the "hit this toon and you get Sleep cast on yourself". That makes no sense. There are no shields up.

I had this happen a few times and was wondering where it comes from.

Tim28213
06-18-2018, 08:33 PM
Just a heads up that we will be making some adjustments to this Talisman Set in the next update. They were initially intended to be uber rare and powerful, but due to a bug with the recent sacrifice event it's been pretty easy to get a high number of sets all at once, so we'll be taking their power down a notch.

-Kaz

The moral here isn't that they felt the talismans were overpowered. They knew they were powerful. The problem as he puts it is that only certain people were supposed to get them. More people got this than they intended and THAT is why they are changing it. They were meant to be powerful, just not many people were supposed to get them.

This is why people on the boards keep begging you guys to focus on fixing the bugs! Everything in this game is related. When you release something people make team adjustments and spend resources they have been saving to make the most of whatever just came out. You go change it and people feel their resource spend was a waste. It is just a game, but when you can’t produce a product that follows your own rules it really aggravates people who are trying to enjoy your product.

Oddly for the first time in a while I have really been enjoying PVP. Because of this talisman set I am running a whole new PVP team (with only 1 set of these talismans btw). Normally I hate PVP, but the past few days it’s been different and fun for me. I have 1 set I completed the advertised requirements to get. I’ve won, I’ve lost since I equipped it. PVP is faster again. Win or lose it doesn’t feel like forever this week. The point is that I followed your rules, got the promised result and have been enjoying it. Now I’m disappointed because you screwed up, again and who knows what you are going to do to make a waste of the effort I put into the set I am using. Just get things right the first time and people will stop being frustrated.

And why wait almost 4 days to decide you messed up?

You have a product that is close to being great. You have a huge devoted fan base to pull from. People have been willing to play the same content over and over for 2 years in many cases-that should tell you something. The only thing stopping you is the buggy product you are releasing.

Amarthir
06-18-2018, 09:23 PM
The moral here isn't that they felt the talismans were overpowered. They knew they were powerful. The problem as he puts it is that only certain people were supposed to get them. More people got this than they intended and THAT is why they are changing it. They were meant to be powerful, just not many people were supposed to get them.

This is why people on the boards keep begging you guys to focus on fixing the bugs! Everything in this game is related. When you release something people make team adjustments and spend resources they have been saving to make the most of whatever just came out. You go change it and people feel their resource spend was a waste. It is just a game, but when you can’t produce a product that follows your own rules it really aggravates people who are trying to enjoy your product.

Oddly for the first time in a while I have really been enjoying PVP. Because of this talisman set I am running a whole new PVP team (with only 1 set of these talismans btw). Normally I hate PVP, but the past few days it’s been different and fun for me. I have 1 set I completed the advertised requirements to get. I’ve won, I’ve lost since I equipped it. PVP is faster again. Win or lose it doesn’t feel like forever this week. The point is that I followed your rules, got the promised result and have been enjoying it. Now I’m disappointed because you screwed up, again and who knows what you are going to do to make a waste of the effort I put into the set I am using. Just get things right the first time and people will stop being frustrated.

You have a product that is close to being great. You have a huge devoted fan base to pull from. People have been willing to play the same content over and over for 2 years in many cases-that should tell you something. The only thing stopping you is the buggy product you are releasing.

Agreed, the talisman sets themselves are very fun to use, I only need one set though, it makes sense if everyone is only supposed to get one set because that's all you should respectfully have. But due to some lame bug, everyone has a dozen sets of them when they really shouldn't, and now everyone has to pay for it (no pun intended).

Diamondhead2112
06-18-2018, 09:46 PM
Does anyone understand how the buffs and debuffs get applied? When facing other teams with the talismans sometimes some of my characters will start with only gold buffs, only silver debuffs a combo of both or occasionly none at all

rags-6094
06-18-2018, 10:02 PM
I am interested to know other parts of the game people are using the talisman set for.
I have been farming Garden of life 10 and have all but 1 of the zone talismans to go now, I have taken my best time from 8+ minutes down to 2+ minutes.
I haven't tried NOTB on auto yet but the final battlefield run is much faster at farming now here I have also bought my best time down to 30 seconds, and farmed a hell of a lot of gold!

Rodrigo-3281
06-18-2018, 11:15 PM

-Kaz

I wish I could have had this "bug". Did 2 sets of tier VI sacrifices, filled a vortex and only got 5 talismans. This is absolute BS.

edsel
06-19-2018, 12:02 AM
please consider the bug was not my fault, I got 5 sets from 2 tier 7, 2 tier 6 and 2 vortex, a shit load of essence and time to get it, then invested HEAVY into powering up all 30 talismans, so PLEASE do not nerf them into oblivion.

besides, some may have spent 40$ to get a set, this is serious coin to spend on a de-powered buff

and it is really fun to stack them and kick serious ass

Chaosego888
06-19-2018, 03:15 AM
What exactly is the bug? I've got 20 of them and still have enough resources to get 4 more... 5 Ultimate sacrifices gave me 15, 2 Tier VI sacrifices gave me 2 more and 3 vortexes gave me 3... Isn't that the way it's supposed to work anyway?

Alvorada
06-19-2018, 03:40 AM
What the devs need to do is create another overpowered character that blocks all golden buffs from being applied. Combine the new character with some purchase only talisman for a real money maker. Another great idea would be a relic that negates or reduces the benefits of current relics.

Goddess Aset says "hello"

dragonmat89
06-19-2018, 08:01 AM
This is a shame - I've really enjoyed PVP matches recently where we both have a set of these - it makes it unpredictable and more interesting each round as you don't know who's going to get what effect.

scott-5496
06-19-2018, 09:39 AM

I am 100% behind you on this. I did not get any massive wins - I saved up a load of resources and got four sets (three in the furst day and one yesterday). So for me I got what I went for, you can even check my account but why oh why do we yet again have to pay for mistakes made. OK, maybe some did get crazy amount of sets, but not me and not many others. I have heard someone saying they got 11 sets - OK, if they got that through a bug fair enough bit why do you make everyone suffer for mistakes made by the team? Sorry, guys, I am usually supportive of the team but really this is not good. You should simply sort those that mega numbers outwith what you said might be possible and sort those account - why should the rest of us suffer?

Either that or reset the whole thing and take them back and give us our resources back?

I spent a load of gold upgrading them all and also upgrading toons for the sac event and now I am short for the current event a little due to all that. I must have spent over 15M gold on upgrading, never mind all the runes etc etc. Come on guys this is getting silly. Please reconsider your position or at least tell us how bad the nerf wil be. I have to say that this is very dissappointing and I am usually trying to be supportive of the team on here.

scott-5496
06-19-2018, 09:42 AM
What exactly is the bug? I've got 20 of them and still have enough resources to get 4 more... 5 Ultimate sacrifices gave me 15, 2 Tier VI sacrifices gave me 2 more and 3 vortexes gave me 3... Isn't that the way it's supposed to work anyway?

The same sort of deal with me. As I said in my post this is really not on. I very poor bit of customer service and for once I am really not pleased. Just reset it all and start again. Why do we need to pay for mistakes - I spent so much time and resources it is certainly not anywhere near fair what you are proposing as a response. By all means get the accounts sorted that got big and stupid wins but leave the rest of us alone and leave the talisman alone.

scott-5496
06-19-2018, 09:47 AM
I don't think so. I think most players will be happy that they spent a huge amount of gold, skill shards, shards and runes to upgrade toons and talismans just to have to cope with a nerf (still be good) because of a "minor" f*ck*up of the devs (probably not tested the shite again) ... basically it's "our mistake but we still *** you up the ***"

I am really with you all here. This is not the way to make things work for customers. I try to be a positive soul here but this nerf due to mistakes of the team is just another nail for me. I am also getting the arena bug as well and not sure if it is fixed or not but it makes it difficult to be supportive when you cant fix these things quickly. I am really not happy about the way that these bugs are being dealt with. Mistakes of the team should not result in costs for people who spent so much on upgrading and sacking during the event. No one can think that that is fair or right?

Mizrael
06-19-2018, 09:53 AM
I would also call for a full rollback if the talismans get in any way tempered with!!!
I have spent skill shards (could be as much as 50!), millions of gold (20?), runes and time i wouldn’t have if they were not what thay are...

And it smells even more of a serious FRAUD since many people have invested real money....

scott-5496
06-19-2018, 10:19 AM
I would also call for a full rollback if the talismans get in any way tempered with!!!
I have spent skill shards (could be as much as 50!), millions of gold (20?), runes and time i wouldn’t have if they were not what thay are...

And it smells even more of a serious FRAUD since many people have invested real money....

If people have spent money ( I was close to doing it but managed to get a fourth set through sacs) then this is clearly not the right thing to do. Regardless of that many of us have bought ironite etc which has been used to upgrade these in one way or another so really the team have to reconsider this as I am sure this is verging on not a legal thing to do.

Kind of like: you go buy a new super car (a veron or whatever) and then the next day the company recalls the engine due to an ECU bug - 'keep the car but we have to have the engine back.......but it's not all loss as it will look a beauty sitting in your drive and you wont put any miles on it so it will hold its value for years...shame you cant use it as intended and you spent all your money on it'!

Utterly the wrong move team! There is no right in your desicion this time. Simply roll it all back and message the entire community through the app to say so and it will be like it never happened.

I have been shocked at times with what has gone on with the game but always tried to be supportive. This cannot be supported in any way at all.

Mizrael
06-19-2018, 10:56 AM
on the other hand...
Let’s not forget that this is a sacrifice event and I’ve seen one guy in another post being very happy about some toons he pulled...

So how do you rollback and guarantee that he will get them again?
tricky

Muzzleloader
06-19-2018, 11:10 AM
I believe this is a no win situation. Too many overpowered talisman, nerf the talisman, or possibly asset nerfs the talisman.
I was lucky and pulled 2 sets on a vortex fill at the very beginning. I stopped sacs once the notice of correction was posted. Another problem, sac more to earn the talisman or be happy with 2 sets. I haven't fully upgraded my talisman yet. Should I I'll upgrade them to earn a few iron coins, but possibly waste runes and millions of gold. As i said before a no win situation.
As the story goes keep pumping out characters with no new content. The money machine keeps on rolling.

Blade
06-19-2018, 11:57 AM
Difficult topic! I also have 2 sets but I don't use them right now. I cannot understand people going totally crazy to get 11 sets!? What do you want with that many? Even more than toons that can equip them I gues... Moreover, is that really the PVP we want? Only teams with Cyborg, Prisoner, gunner Child and gunner Golden Son? Fighting against its copy? I think this is stupid and boring. A limit of 2 sets per player would have been ok I think. Now it is just crazy... I can stand many of these teams but in the top100 with all the relics and then stacking golden buffs (especially ascension + 100% crit) is just insane and not playable if you lose the coin toss. This is no fun anymore and takes away any strategic aspect. It's funny for some days, but come on, that cannot be the future of PVP!
I don't know what the plan was to limit the number of sets that people get in a sac event. I could also sac enough to get 11 sets, but what's the point doing so? There will be another sac event in july for sure...
I guess the "bug" was that a vortex can give up to a complete set. Devs did not answer my question yesterday, but I guess the plan would have been that a vortex gives 1, 2 or 3 Talis, but not 6. But still this would not change the situation that much, as even then it is possible that people get 5 sets or more.
Taking away given rewards is almost impossible for a fair solution. That's why I think we will see a nerf plus some sort of compensation and that those that have bought a set for cash can have their money back.

Diamondhead2112
06-19-2018, 05:31 PM
A suggestion - let everyone who have multiple set keep one set and allow us to trade extra talismans for either other rare talismans or Eddies of our choice. Say 3 talismans for one Eddie

rags-6094
06-19-2018, 06:18 PM
Blade's right what possible good would more than 2 sets be really? I would even stop at one set, or at least only play PVP with one set, I think we still need other characters in our teams to exploit the powers of the primordials.
I could be wrong but isn't the nerf they plan to do to them mean the effects won't stack anymore?
So extra sets would be pointless anyway, unless you just have them sitting in toons ready to go when you call them up.

Yup
06-19-2018, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure how they will nerf them, but if they limit the number of buffs to only 2 at any given time, it would mean that using more than 1 set isn't really beneficial unless one of the characters dies.

Blade
06-19-2018, 06:54 PM
Some sort of information about what will be done with the sets would be appreciated very much as long as the event is still running. What's your plan, Kaz and others?

Olf
06-19-2018, 09:33 PM
As a lower-level arena player (I've never been above 2400), just one set is enough to determine the match. If one side has them and the other doesn't, the have-nots will have a hard time to even make a dent in the other team.
As someone who hasn't managed to get a single talisman (let a lone a whole set) it's not even worth trying. Right now, I simply skip all teams featuring either A) the prisoner or B) multiple yellow chars. High risk of a promordial set, therefore no chance of winning.

Stormseye
06-19-2018, 10:11 PM
If they aren't planning on nerfing this cheese-fest anytime soon at least address the complete BS bug of stacking Ascension on characters. I just got hit for 86k from Iron Eddie with 3 Ascension Buffs and Crit Strike. What the hell Blade? Why aren't you ranting about that like you normally do when there is over-powered-non-counter-ability-character-talisman issues? #stepupyourrantgame #orareyouooneofthem ?

Amarthir
06-19-2018, 10:32 PM
Reducing the (de)buff time from 2 to 1 or only allowing one set on a team would be perfectly fine nerfs. Affecting the actual functions of the talismans themselves like not affecting everyone would likely kill them for me

edsel
06-19-2018, 10:46 PM
LEAVE THEM ALONE! Primordial talisman sets are real fun when stacked and run as they are now, they need no modifications. they are random and I have lost many times to other teams that do not have any sets vs. my 4 set team.

Blade
06-19-2018, 10:52 PM
If they aren't planning on nerfing this cheese-fest anytime soon at least address the complete BS bug of stacking Ascension on characters. I just got hit for 86k from Iron Eddie with 3 Ascension Buffs and Crit Strike. What the hell Blade? Why aren't you ranting about that like you normally do when there is over-powered-non-counter-ability-character-talisman issues? #stepupyourrantgame #orareyouooneofthem ?

Lol, don't worry! Rant has already been on the previous page :)

Stormseye
06-19-2018, 10:52 PM
I don't even mind if you have 4 sets but the stacking is what makes it worse. Also the attack and put a random ally to sleep is weird. Yesterday I was faced with a single Sentinel Lillith with 3 Stacks of Ascension that would not go away and she was healing triplicate for 3500 so there was no way to win. Not even perfect corruption would land from my own Sentinel Lillith. Had to draw against that with 3 of my allies alive.

Same applies to the debuff side. The stacking just really makes it difficult. I cant imagine those who don't have a way to remove it. This was the same question I made about the ACR Seal ability. That debuff does not stack but all these talisman debuffs stack?

I doubt there is a way for them to limit number of sets on a team. The only thing that could happen is that they would prevent stacking and reduce timers. Then the talismans retain their value but aren't making things impossible for everyone except those who have the exact combination of characters and talismans to win against them. Although with the high number of people who do have them and use them, NF may do something more extreme but I would feel very slighted if I sacrificed all those souls and resources to get them and then they became worthless.

90mphyorker
06-20-2018, 01:35 AM
These Talismans are over kill.

I have 3 sets and spent millions powering then up and many souls sacrificed to get them.

I’ll lose out big time, so some compensation would be nice. But they are completely overpowered and have ruined the balance of the arena.

The Educated fool
06-20-2018, 01:55 AM
These Talismans are over kill.

I have 3 sets and spent millions powering then up and many souls sacrificed to get them.

I’ll lose out big time, so some compensation would be nice. But they are completely overpowered and have ruined the balance of the arena.

I would actually say that any pretense of "balance" in the Arena flew out the window, never to return, the moment they released the relics... but maybe that's just me. ;-)

The new talis were meant to be as they are... we just weren't meant to have this many of them. I invested heavilly in these talismans too, and maxed 3 of the 5 sets I dropped (and was in the process of maxing a fourth) and I will be furious when they are nerfed, no doubt... but I won't be surprised. As someone alluded to earlier in this thread: just one more nail in the coffin.

scott-5496
06-20-2018, 10:08 AM
I would actually say that any pretense of "balance" in the Arena flew out the window, never to return, the moment they released the relics... but maybe that's just me. ;-)

The new talis were meant to be as they are... we just weren't meant to have this many of them. I invested heavilly in these talismans too, and maxed 3 of the 5 sets I dropped (and was in the process of maxing a fourth) and I will be furious when they are nerfed, no doubt... but I won't be surprised. As someone alluded to earlier in this thread: just one more nail in the coffin.

Yeah, that was me that said that. The current meta is pure crazy - I can go in with all four sets a destroy all before me or get battered by the same team I just beat in one round - utterly mad and utterly luck based in most cases. If I revert to part primordial and part my old defence things start to even out a bit and are less lucj based but there is no doubt that the stacking is so random that it is impossible to know when you will flatten or be flattened.

It's kind of fun for sure btu so many times I have been nearly wiped out but then manaaged to claw myself back in to the fight and win.....one thing for sure it does speed up all other battles in BNW, LOL and PVE - so maybe the devs, if they must nerf, only nerf the arena side, then those who invested can still benefit from the tallies in all of the other battle types.

That would be some kind of comprimise?

Also, though we all know about the event bug (though I dont think I benefitted at all and got what I should get - again, I really think the devs need to think this through a lot and not just tar brush us all....many of us did not get the bug to help us with the event!!) how are they going to compensate us all for those who did not get the bug and who spent a shed load of resources - that is the bit that is really annoying me the most about this. I think also that they must have known how these work as tallies and how they did not see the effect of stacking coming I do not know - I think they have messed this up from beginning to end, first to let the bug happen, second, to not know what they were creating, third, that many, like me, could get four sets without the bug nevermind those who did or could buy the actual sets for real money (they need to be super careful about that side for sure as I would be very, very annoyed if I had spent £38 on a set and then only had then nerfed in the next update - like I said before it's like buying the fastest car in the world and the engine being recalled due to a fault - your left with a husk and anger), fourth, that they are choosing to nerf it straight away with no real thought and that they took several days to decide this is the fix.

Just a travesty of choices and mistakes all the way so far and the galling thing is that they do not see this or if they do they are not bothered, or if they are bothered they are not showing it or telling us at all.

Really not sure what else to say on this (though I am sure I will say more) but they really need to start communicating their thought processes a bit more here - event bug aside (we know this can happen and can be a little out of their control though it should not be) how they have dealt with this since has been very poor in my eyes - I mean the event is still on and those not on the forum (which I assume is a load of folk) will know nothing of this debate/issue, will they? They may still be thinking must get that final set, look how great they are in arena/PVE/BNW/SQ/LOL etc and be sacing like crazy befoe the event closes...are they even thinking about this at all?

This is the first time, I think, that I have not been supportive of the team when others have been shredding them. I think the first route os for the devs to cmmunicate through the game to all players the current state of play on the tallies - maybe how it happened and then how it wil be fixed fairly to all. I heard of folk having many, many sets from a vortex and ultimate that seems like a bug as it was never possible in the write up - what i got was norm and par for the course and they can check my account to be sure - I thin they need to do this if any of us are nto happy with the outcome here - either that or they reset it all or pay us back what we invested - those resources took weeks to or more to save up considering I spent over 15M gold and acked all my dupes (pretty much).....

This is almost another rant from me...unheard of!

Oh...keep calm and listen to some Maiden....!

Mizrael
06-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Yeah! I think it would at least be ethical to take the $$$ version off of the store for the non-forum players! but as we see the Noob Frauds don’t give a flying F!

and im sure they will just rudely nerf the shit out of the set and never mention it....”maybe a link to 150 Ironite will do???”

scott-5496
06-20-2018, 11:08 AM
Yeah! I think it would at least be ethical to take the $$$ version off of the store for the non-forum players! but as we see the Noob Frauds don’t give a flying F!

and im sure they will just rudely nerf the shit out of the set and never mention it....”maybe a link to 150 Ironite will do???”

They need to do something more than they are for sure. 150 ironite or in fact any amount of ironite will not really fix this I dont think.

One thing I would suggest they must do if they decide to nerf it all is that a message must be sent to all players (or those who got a set or more) about what has happened and their response to the mistakes they made. If people paid for it then that is also something that needs to be looked at as well - that, I think, is very different from a customer perspective.

I really just hope they do not do what they are planning to do on the quiet - this needs to be communicated to people for reasons of good customer care and decency. Own to the mistake and fix it in an appropriate way, even if it means them looking to see who got the bug and who did not - I know not everyone got it because I know I did not and what I got was about right and/or possible to get given how they said it would work - though I am not sure of course if I did or did not benefit I do know that I did not get any big bonus or extra sets over what was possible - even if they took a couple tallies off me that would be better than what they are planning.

The bits that I do not get, again, is the lack of comms to players, why the paid for set is still there, why they are planning to nerf, as from what i can see they work as expected - so they really messed up the whole thing as they are working as they are descirbed I think? Why did it take so long to see the problem and to them communicate the potential nerf.

Are the devs going to start a new thread for us all on this or do they plan to send a message to al players or post something on Facebook?

Over and above that - I have notied a few hot fix style updates - what were these for (arena list bug?). Can we be told what thesew mine game updates are about (other than the obvious when a new event starts or if something new is added to the store)?

Why the radio silence on this issue - is it seen as a big thing or is head in the sand time. There 'community team' needs to start workng with the community, while asking for help on the wiki do we not need to see something from them on the 'community' side of it all?

edsel
06-20-2018, 05:04 PM
Bug was vortex giving AND instead of OR for talisman quantities, so I got 1,& 2, &3 AND 6 instead of 1,2,3 OR 6 from my 2 vortex pulls within first few minutes of event. I got 12 from 2 vortex, 3 from each tier 7, 2 from each tier 6. Even without the bug I would have gotten 4 sets because I can do another vortex and tier 7s right now. Nerfing these is not fair to those of us who spent mass coin getting them and powering up. I still lose some matches, leave them alone and introduce a countermeasure like turning yellow buffs into,timebombs. Oh they already have that right? These are overpowered, so are other things I do not have like the Beast and recent blue tals giving defensive buff for each hit. The arena play 2 win over powered shit has been escslating with piece,of mind, clansman, the beast, these talismans, chasing off legendary troopers like Slauki. So how do they fix it? Do NOT reduce,power and take away what we have invested in. Offer a next step to overcome this, and charge us to get it, and if,we want to stay competitive we make it happen. Like getting clansman I saced a shitload to stay in the game and he kicks ass. Going old,school with mummy Eddie running shit tale is at the Damned level, no way to compete. Nerfing the good stuff pisses us off, and it should. Offering countermeasures and making us level up makes us happy and makes,NF cash.

No Nerf Please

Fudjo
06-20-2018, 08:05 PM
Bug was vortex giving AND instead of OR for talisman quantities, so I got 1,& 2, &3 AND 6 instead of 1,2,3 OR 6 from my 2 vortex pulls within first few minutes of event. I got 12 from 2 vortex, 3 from each tier 7, 2 from each tier 6.

Ohhhhhhh so that's how I ended up with 25 of the things. I guess it's good that I'm not a PvP contender?

MetalKing
06-20-2018, 09:26 PM
I spent real money to complete a set. No nerf please. By the way, what Eddie is above the axis general on the loading screen of the game? The one with the spiked headdress.

90mphyorker
06-21-2018, 01:48 AM

Maybe you are right, but relics never enabled me to win a match against a top 100 player with one swish of Warrior Liliths arm. Primordial Talismans did. At least with relics there was some sense to it. At the start I only faced teams with little or no relics. The match making system seemed to avoid the players with huge loads of relics. Only when I climbed up the ranks and when I earnt more IC did I face them a lot. These new Primordial Talismans has just turned it into a lottery of who gets luck with the Yellow Buffs.

But any pretence of balance has been going since the release of relics, ridiculously over powered furies, pay to win talismans and now these Talismans just mean it’s well and truly fucked.

I’ll be Disappointed when they are nerfed, as much as I understand the decision, but not furious. It’s only a game.

MetalKing
06-21-2018, 05:14 AM
There are counters to the primordial talismans. Valor talismans, visions Eddie, and rainmaker Eddie are just a few examples.

hold
06-21-2018, 08:38 AM
I spent real money to complete a set. No nerf please. By the way, what Eddie is above the axis general on the loading screen of the game? The one with the spiked headdress.

Oh they will - because that is the attitude of this company. NF never ever took responsibility for the mess they created. Well the threw the dogs a bone once in a while (a bit of free inronite) but that's it. Usins the user base as beta testers since two years and the software is more alpha then ever.

Lags, crashes, stuttering, jitter and what is NF doing? More carrots dangling in front of the players - because that's where the money is. Focussing on new players you know ... soon soon soon soon sooooooon

Stormseye
06-21-2018, 12:54 PM
There are counters to the primordial talismans. Valor talismans, visions Eddie, and rainmaker Eddie are just a few examples.

And how often do those counters work? One round? Fix this crapfest already, so tired of facing the same team over and over having to fight 2-4 times to get a win. Pretty sure I am the only person in the top 25 who doesn’t have them. Like I said it wouldn’t be a problem so much if the stacking wasn’t so bad.

In the past when a character was considered over powered and dominating the Arena it was hard but could be over come because it was one character not 3-4 characters that continually dominate the match. Vhe was one character and you still had to support him with three others that could be defeated. Same with Visions, same with Iron Eddie, same with ACR, same with Sentinel Mayan Priestess. Its only one character so its not a game breaker.

These talimans however make it to where almost no one can overcome them because its 3-4 characters stacking buffs and debuffs at no cost. I saw someone with a Gunner Sandworm last night in their Primordial build. I am curious to know how teams fair against other Primordial teams? Whats your win ratio?

Another issue I have noticed is that if you have AoM and he has passive diable on when an ally is killed it won’t revive. I understand that BUT I cannot revive those characters even with Sentinel Lillith. Every time it has happened I checked to make sure permadeath was not on the character who died. So that adds to even more frustration.

edsel
06-21-2018, 02:18 PM
Running 4 sets got me 39% defense wins so far and I lose matches against gunner lilith, pom eddie teams so there are plenty of counters to these. Random unpredictable buffs and vulnerability to pom fury and gunner lilith handicap the benefit of multiple yellow buffs. Strategy is still very present in PvP, just changed again. Sometimes I have to switch teams to non primordials like clansman and lilith to bypass this buff handicap. Nerfing these will anger players who invested in acquiring and powering them, they should leave them be and introduce other obstacles to using them.

Tim28213
06-21-2018, 02:57 PM
so tired of facing the same team over and over having to fight 2-4 times to get a win.

I have noticed that when I start climbing up past 100 or so the teams start to be more and more the same anyway. For the past long while it's been the case for me that as I crawl up the ranks during whatever event the top tiers are either the same, or slight variations on the same theme with very few exceptions. To me that has always been a drawback to PVP. It really gets boring fighting the same team over and over.
When I first started there was more variation in teams, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
Whether they fix this or not I don't expect the top tiers to suddenly start having more variation in the teams. There will always be a new meta that the top teams will migrate to after each update.

Yup
06-21-2018, 03:03 PM
Some of the issue with that is... when something new and CLEARLY more powerful is released, there's little option but to adapt to it or lose a lot more matches. The duplication of teams at the top is really due to the characters and talismans themselves. I mean Rainmaker just is a joke compared to Clansman... you can't blame players for that.

Tim28213
06-21-2018, 03:28 PM
I totally understand Yup. It's a natural progression. I was just saying that making a change to any one thing isn't going to change that dynamic.

Yup
06-21-2018, 03:39 PM
.. well unless they release a clearly overpowered talisman set :)

Ip4
06-21-2018, 04:37 PM
one set is too powerful,i can't imagine what can 4 set do...just don't attact team with prisoner,navigator,cyborg and few other gunner characters...

Stormseye
06-21-2018, 05:23 PM
one set is too powerful,i can't imagine what can 4 set do...just don't attact team with prisoner,navigator,cyborg and few other gunner characters...

Unfortunately that would mean not attacking 95% of the lists. Given the current broken state of the PVP lists the only way to climb in ranks is to fight everyone because your new list may have 1 opponent on it so you have to fight everything.

kkkreg5
06-21-2018, 08:42 PM
Sure hope this BS gets resolved before the upcoming arena "event" starts... might have to skip it altogether...

Stormseye
06-21-2018, 10:34 PM
New Bonus hidden passive on the Primordial sets - Ignores PoM Mad World - Before and After shots of PoM Mad World vs 1 Primordial Set and 1 Destiny set. Should be 0 buffs 0 debuffs on both sides.

The Educated fool
06-21-2018, 11:12 PM
I’ll be Disappointed when they are nerfed, as much as I understand the decision, but not furious. It’s only a game.

You're very right, my friend. It's only a game. :cool: And I will not truly be furious... merely annoyed. I am (on rare occasion ;-) ) given to hyperbole. lol Up the Irons!

rags-6094
06-22-2018, 08:11 PM
Well there you have it we now know just how far they are going to nerf this talisman.
Personally I think they are going a bit too far particularly since I had to pay for my set, removing the stack effect would have been enough. This would have countered the mistake made when people were picking up multiple sets.

Shroud and exhaust were two of the most important buffs! Oh well we all have the same advantages/disadvantages I guess...

Tim28213
06-22-2018, 08:15 PM
I believe what is left is:
Buffs:
100% Critical Strike Chance
Perfect Immunity
Perfect Immortality

Debuffs:
Seal
Toxic Burn
Sleep
Perfect Corruption

What am I missing?

Rane
06-22-2018, 08:16 PM
They are removing so much on this talis, i can say again NF are so amateur and incompetent.

rags-6094
06-22-2018, 08:29 PM
Primordial Talisman - Updated some of the effects that this Talisman grants. Specifically: We've removed Exhaust and Nightmare effect from Silver debuffs Inflicted, and removed Shroud, Ascension, and Soul Protect from the Golden Effects granted.

Can someone explain to me what effect nightmare had ?

Amarthir
06-22-2018, 08:41 PM
At least they're keeping the 100% strike chance. I mean, it's basically the attack side of Ascension.

T-Man
06-22-2018, 08:50 PM
So nerfed just days after being released. :rolleyes:

kkkreg5
06-22-2018, 08:52 PM
Glad I didn't spend any resources on them. NF just keeps finding a way to sit on their own balls... can only chuckle and continue with my day.

edsel
06-22-2018, 09:07 PM
So this update will fix the empty arena in addition to ruining my talisman orgy? With 30 maxed and 2 extra primordial tals I hope they are worth something after nerfdate. Maybe sell and get carp at store? Was most fun I had in a long time destroying PvP with these, thank you for the memory whoever programmed in the bug. You rule!

Mizrael
06-22-2018, 11:11 PM
Seriously?! that’s it?! not a single word of explanation,apologies,compensation?!!!

So now i have 4 sets of talismans, which only add 3 effects? I, as a paying customer, would like to have the choice of keeping them or getting a full refund of 1000s of common souls and around 20M gold!!!

Up yours Neglecting Frauds!

Yup
06-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Not the best nerf.. The issue wasn't with specific buffs.. it's with the STACKING of 7-10 buffs due to multiple talisman sets. The stacking needed to be addressed... it wasn't.

Muzzleloader
06-22-2018, 11:36 PM
The announcement indicated the stacking problem was addressed, it may mean that some of the buffs were intentionally stackable. I haven't run any battles to see how the talisman work after the fix.

Yup
06-23-2018, 12:05 AM
They still stack pretty heavily if there are multiple sets in play.

Gotta admit it is kind of funny to come across teams at higher rankings now which clearly only got there due to these talismans.

Muzzleloader
06-23-2018, 12:20 AM
We will see how the talisman work without those ascension stacking, those were killer attacks. Now the big guys can whip some butt on the players who got where they are by having multiple talisman.

surfingwithdje
06-23-2018, 12:56 AM
I think it's a good thing to make those talismants less overpowered. They are still very good and allow the return of the prisoner in the arena 👍
Very very good thing to have remove those ghost effects from those talismants before the next arena event (nobody wants to spend 5min/match when you have 400 to do)

Stormseye
06-23-2018, 03:17 AM
The ghost effect was actually the saving saving grace on those talismans. They actually seem worse now.

hold
06-23-2018, 04:08 AM
Seriously?! that’s it?! not a single word of explanation,apologies,compensation?!!!

So now i have 4 sets of talismans, which only add 3 effects? I, as a paying customer, would like to have the choice of keeping them or getting a full refund of 1000s of common souls and around 20M gold!!!

Up yours Neglecting Frauds!

You didn't expect anything else from Naughty Fraud, did you?

The level of incompetence combined witht the "lack of responsibility for their actions" and "we don't give a shit" really is unheard of.

If I would have spent real money on those talismans I definitely would want a refund especially they weren't particularly cheap. I just wasted a lot od ressources on them plus roughly 10M gold what is a bit annoying. Luckily I developed only 2 sets as I fully expected that those wannabe devs will bum screw the players again.

GrimDusk
06-23-2018, 04:23 AM
Okay but honestly as someone who didn't have them, how the hell were we supposed to counter them? You guys are all pissy they got nerfed, yet normal players couldn't even counter them in their original state. There was no way to stop people who had them if you're a player with less money.

Stormseye
06-23-2018, 04:51 AM
Okay but honestly as someone who didn't have them, how the hell were we supposed to counter them? You guys are all pissy they got nerfed, yet normal players couldn't even counter them in their original state. There was no way to stop people who had them if you're a player with less money.

Exactly what i have been saying. I guess I would be considered “lucky” as I have characters that can over come them and win some matches against them but that is not the case for most players. There were quite a few people who didn’t get a single set of these and having to fight people with even one set is damn near impossible to beat let alone facing someone with 4 sets. Watching my son struggle even at rank 6000 and losing before his turn is pretty disheartening for any “new” players. It has been said on many other posts that the game is targetting “new players”. I can’t see how “new players” would enjoy this aspect of game.

I honestly don’t have a solution to offer though because I am sympathetic to those who spent millions of gold and resources. They don’t deserve to be screwed out of that investment either. It was really just a poor execution of an event and has caused the PVP part of the game to really be skewed. Way more than what Relics caused.

90mphyorker
06-23-2018, 05:49 AM
The ghost effect was actually the saving saving grance on those talismans. They actually seem worse now.

Ghost was great for when you lost the toss. Each battle I had against teams with them when I’ve lost the toss, half my team is destroyed as unsurprisingly they are full of 100% crit chance and all the good stuff and I’ve been full of the negative shit.

From impressions so far I preferred the old way.

You guys are all pissy they got nerfed,.

That’s just the serial moaners. They’ll moan about anything and keep coming back.

rags-6094
06-23-2018, 06:15 AM
Yeah playing PVP there is a notable difference but there is still plenty of teams with multiple sets I'm guessing, I have a theory that playing multiple sets may still hold an advantage over the player using only one set.
To spite having one set on a GCOTD all my would be gold buffs were non existent (cancelled out) when faced with a team I suspect had three sets.
No they did not stack, true but having more than one set may still eclipse the opposition, this team consisted of Cyborg Eddie, Prisoner, GCOTD and gold bat...

Yup
06-23-2018, 06:18 AM
Yes multiple sets still stack (both yellow and grey buff).. which, to me, is the entire issue. Removing a couple of the more beneficial buff doesn't do a great deal to change things. Especially since characters with Primordial talismans now seem to auto-revive upon their first death even if the Immortality buff isn't present.

rags-6094
06-23-2018, 06:26 AM
That's true Yup I see that happen regularly reviving for no particular reason...
But I have not seen them stack yet, and I thought they said they would address the stacking issue..?
Yesterday I had doom with one go left on GCOTD he got given a death blow by a different opposition member and this forced him to ghost which cancelled out the doom...

Yup
06-23-2018, 06:35 AM
They don't continually stack as much as they used to from one set ...... but they can and do still stack from multiple sets. So 3 sets means 6 yellow buffs each turn... and 6 grey buffs for enemies. That's the issue. Limit everything to 2 maybe 3 buffs of each kind.. problem solved and eliminate the benefit some got from the broken vortex fills.

I have 2 sets... I use 1 on attack, but you can bet I'll use both on defense until this is fixed.

As Stormeye points out.. I can't see how these are at all helpful for new players. Heck it was a month before I could do one vortex fill when I started playing. So teams with 2, 3, 4 sets of these have an unfair advantage because of how broken they are.. apparently NF never dreamed of a situation where any one player had more than one set... idiots.

hold
06-23-2018, 06:52 AM

Not true as I said before that they are overpowered and I don't mind the nerf. I get pissy how things are constantly handled by Naughty Fraud. They f*ck things up (every single update) and never ever take responsibility like compensating accordingly or the like.

I'm not angry that the talismans get adjusted - but I would like to have an option where I can get my stuff back I put into them - yes I should have known better but it's still not my fault either that they never ever test things before it gets released.

Truth is that they are almost useless now - I'm not even sure if they work as intended or work at all or how they should work. Because they behave very odd I have to say. But it wouldn't surprise me if Not (giving a) F*ck have messed up the update again. These talismans seem to be a lot buggier now but I can't get a grip on how yet ... I think it has to do that certain buffs or debuffs are not showing on the player.

if I would have bought those talismans with real money (over 40 €!) I certainly would want my money back. Selling / adverstising something and take half the features away after one week is clear fraud to me. Imagine this with any product you but. You pay and via an update your product is down to 50% of the features - what would you do? I'd bring it back and if they won't refund me I'd consult a lawyer for sure. Yes - fraud makes me pissy I have to admit. And lack of responsibility as well ...

Yup
06-23-2018, 07:28 AM
Hold.. realize the Prisoner disables passives invisibly since it last got an update.... so.. passives can be disabled and there's no actual buff anywhere if The Prisoner is on the other team.

hold
06-23-2018, 07:31 AM
Hold.. realize the Prisoner disables passives invisibly since it last got an update.... so.. passives can be disabled and there's no actual buff anywhere if The Prisoner is on the other team.

That was my guess - thanks ... I can't proof anything because who knows anymore what's a bug and what's intended but sometimes I have the feeling that the Prisoner also disables talismans ... maybe it's just me in all this chaos ...

But cleaning up the mess is far less important than "focussing on new players" in dishing out more and more stuff with more and more bugs.

Yup
06-23-2018, 07:36 AM
I've lost count of how many Eddies I've killed in spite of a blocker on the other team... and no passive disable buff anywhere :) I just learn to use the bugs to my advantage whenever possible. That's really the only way this bug-fest is still entertaining.

Stormseye
06-23-2018, 08:28 AM
So True Yup and I had it happen earlier to me on defense. Match started Iron Eddie, beast, prisoner , gunner lillith vs my Magus Lillith, PoM, Gunner Lillith, Sentinel lillith. Lost the toss and Iron Eddie goes first hitting and killing my Gunner Lillith for 47k..while my Magus Lillith just stood there untouched.

Mizrael
06-23-2018, 09:07 AM
So True Yup and I had it happen earlier to me on defense. Match started Iron Eddie, beast, prisoner , gunner lillith vs my Magus Lillith, PoM, Gunner Lillith, Sentinel lillith. Lost the toss and Iron Eddie goes first hitting and killing my Gunner Lillith for 47k..while my Magus Lillith just stood there untouched.

Now that, i think, is not a bug. :D
It’s kind of a “overkill” where the whole HP gets taken by 1 hit. the guard passive seems to apply only if HP gets to 25% (or whatever amount).

but yeah....who knows what works as intended anymore?! [i can’t stop laughing that they “nerfed” the sets flawed design idea and still missed the REAL bug this set provides. but i’m done with providing beta test info for free and enjoy exploiting it instead...really good job No Future! LOL!]

Yup
06-23-2018, 09:31 AM
i’m done with providing beta test info for free

Right.. now they want you to fill in their wiki for free :) HA!!!!!

For the record I think the Prisoner is acting as he's supposed to disabling passives on one member of the opposition each turn..... what's broken is the actual passive disabled buff displaying.

...but no clue why Primordial Talismans seem to grant Immortality at start even with no immortality buff present.

Tim28213
06-23-2018, 02:25 PM
I've written and deleted and rewritten a response to the talisman debacle. I just don't know what to say. There is a giant virtual rug somewhere this whole thing is going to be swept under and forgotten so what is the point. Maybe it will get a footnote in the wiki.
I'm just going to issue a support ticket and see where that goes. Even for a game this is disappointing.
I do wish they would make a post on what the new intended effect of the talisman set is supposed to really be. Should the remaining options stack, not stack, is it still being tested and tweaked so they don't know yet what the final outcome for this set will be? Will future new yellow and silver buffs be added as options for the set to pull from or will it always be only the options available right now?

T-Man
06-23-2018, 03:03 PM
There were ways to counter them. At least to a mangable extent. It just took a lil time to figure out.

I spent a ton of resources on getting a few sets and maxing them out. I didn’t benefit from the apparent bug of them dropping in masses either.

Destiny talisman are even worse, but of course those are pay to win so...?

And btw the Arena is broken again this morning with empty list.

Stormseye
06-23-2018, 03:08 PM
I don’t see Destiny Talimans as broken. They work as intended. Yes they were for purchase only but they are not broken by any means. You could also buy Primordial too.

hold
06-23-2018, 03:21 PM
I've written and deleted and rewritten a response to the talisman debacle. I just don't know what to say. There is a giant virtual rug somewhere this whole thing is going to be swept under and forgotten so what is the point. Maybe it will get a footnote in the wiki.
I'm just going to issue a support ticket and see where that goes. Even for a game this is disappointing.
I do wish they would make a post on what the new intended effect of the talisman set is supposed to really be. Should the remaining options stack, not stack, is it still being tested and tweaked so they don't know yet what the final outcome for this set will be? Will future new yellow and silver buffs be added as options for the set to pull from or will it always be only the options available right now?

Game or not - in my eyes that is clear fraud. The continued to sell the talismans that clearly gave a massive advantage an knew that they will castrate them in the near future. The ethical thing would have been to drop them from the store and give everyboy the money back. Furthermore roll the whole thing back. Take them out of the game and refund everybody what they spent / sacrificed ...

A lot of work? Impossible? Well - how about testing your shit before it goes live for once? I will repeat it again: They never ever take responsibility when they fuck something up and just continue the scam. Luckily I stopped putting money into this fraud a long time ago and everybody should do so until they learn how to treat customers. Not the fault of the players but they have to pay for the incompetence of Naughty Fraud.

T-Man
06-23-2018, 03:22 PM
I don’t see Destiny Talimans as broken. They work as intended. Yes they were for purchase only but they are not broken by any means. You could also buy Primordial too.

I don’t have a set, and I don’t recall, but are they suppose to add buffs for the duration of the battle? I’ve had battles where it took me about 20 turns to kill the last toon specifically because of those talisman buffs. They even buff within the same turn.

Example: Destiny buff invincibility, I remove it, but then after my next toon attacks the buff is right back plus now with a shield as well. My remaining 2 toons can’t remove it, and when they attack a new buff most likely gets added on top of what’s already there.

Is that how they are suppose to work?

I wish I had a set, but pay to win just isn’t my style. I would pay something for a good game that works properly though.

hold
06-23-2018, 03:41 PM
I don’t have a set, and I don’t recall, but are they suppose to add buffs for the duration of the battle? I’ve had battles where it took me about 20 turns to kill the last toon specifically because of those talisman buffs. They even buff within the same turn.

Example: Destiny buff invincibility, I remove it, but then after my next toon attacks the buff is right back plus now with a shield as well. My remaining 2 toons can’t remove it, and when they attack a new buff most likely gets added on top of what’s already there.

I wish I had a set, but pay to win just isn’t my style. I would pay something for a good game that works properly though.

You are 100% right - they are annoying af ... I consider them broken as well but also refused to buy a set because this incompetent company won't see any more money from me unless they change their attitude

Blade
06-23-2018, 03:47 PM

Exactly my thoughts! I also don't pay to win in this bugfest.
But it is real "fun" to fight against a team with double pay-styler destiny sets plus primords from another team member that gives perfect immunity. The problem with Destiny is (apart from the fact that you cannot get them elsewhere in the game. I thought to open a thread with all talis sets that are not available, but no motivation right now due to all these bugs and frauds), that they grant per hit (!) not per attack. I was close to lose with 3 of my team up, against a single gunner Lilith with Destiny, as that b'tch got 4 buffs every time my gunner Lilith did an attack (even the powermove has multihits...). So even if one buff is removed, 3 new are there. As we are in that "cool" phase of nerfing things, why not nerf the Destiny Set to grant per attack instead of hits? The are not longer available in the store, so the money is already made by the buyers... Shame!

Muzzleloader
06-23-2018, 04:07 PM
I have encountered several problems with opponents with promordial talisman. I had 2 tunes with golden immortality attacked both died and only one of them revived. I have also killed opponents with immortality that has not revived.

Secondly, I have been stunned by the green bat while I have golden immunity. Its difficult on deciding what tune to attack if you can't trust the buffs you see or have.

As it's been stated, it's impossible to know what the prisoner is actually accomplishing with his passive disable.

T-Man
06-23-2018, 04:26 PM
I have encountered several problems with opponents with promordial talisman. I had 2 tunes with golden immortality attacked both died and only one of them revived. I have also killed opponents with immortality that has not revived.

Secondly, I have been stunned by the green bat while I have golden immunity. Its difficult on deciding what tune to attack if you can't trust the buffs you see or have.

As it's been stated, it's impossible to know what the prisoner is actually accomplishing with his passive disable.

I’ve seen this even before the primordial talisman. The arena has been a mess for some time with things not working as they are intended. The bugs are so overwhelming that I and many of us really, are just tired of reporting them.

Yup
06-23-2018, 04:41 PM

I would agree that from an opposition standpoint they tend to auto-grant invincibility a bit too often - if they did so on turn rather than on damage they'd be okay, but I'm not sure I'd throw them into the same broken category as teh Primordials. I mean on defense, that's not really a "problem".

The Educated fool
06-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Game or not - in my eyes that is clear fraud. The continued to sell the talismans that clearly gave a massive advantage an knew that they will castrate them in the near future. The ethical thing would have been to drop them from the store and give everyboy the money back. Furthermore roll the whole thing back. Take them out of the game and refund everybody what they spent / sacrificed ...

A lot of work? Impossible? Well - how about testing your shit before it goes live for once? I will repeat it again: They never ever take responsibility when they fuck something up and just continue the scam. Luckily I stopped putting money into this fraud a long time ago and everybody should do so until they learn how to treat customers. Not the fault of the players but they have to pay for the incompetence of Naughty Fraud.

Certainly better to just take things like this silently than to "moan" about them though, hmm? :cool: It really is amazing what some people will open their mouths to swallow... lol

Amarthir
06-24-2018, 01:13 AM

Maybe you should stop playing lmao.

The Educated fool
06-24-2018, 01:15 AM
Maybe you should stop playing lmao.

The truth, amigo, is that we all should. lol :cool:

Amarthir
06-24-2018, 01:36 AM
The truth, amigo, is that we all should. lol :cool:

Ha, that's the truth. I enjoy playing just for the sake of the soul collecting. The PvP battles are fun, the lower ranks are anyways, that's where you'll catch me. No bugs there.

Tim28213
06-24-2018, 01:39 AM
I'm sitting this one out. I'll play my troopers, but there is nothing in this one that I want.
My lone 3* Eddie is chilling in my defense area.

The Educated fool
06-24-2018, 01:41 AM
Ha, that's the truth. I enjoy playing just for the sake of the soul collecting. The PvP battles are fun, the lower ranks are anyways, that's where you'll catch me. No bugs there.

I, as ever, enjoy the community here... but I suspect it's the masochist in me that really keeps me around. lol It's nice to be able to help some folks with missions now and again, anyway... it's something. :cool:

rags-6094
06-24-2018, 05:46 AM
I, as ever, enjoy the community here... but I suspect it's the masochist in me that really keeps me around. lol It's nice to be able to help some folks with missions now and again, anyway... it's something. :cool:

Oh come come now educated fool your not fooling anyone, I've seen your team bouncing around at top end of the arena lists! ;)

The Educated fool
06-24-2018, 10:40 AM
Oh come come now educated fool your not fooling anyone, I've seen your team bouncing around at top end of the arena lists! ;)

I do alright with the free sands of war, I suppose... lol What can I say? I still play way too much, for sure. lol :cool: Honestly though, the Arena has long just been another of this game's endless grinds for me... so yeah, I guess I should count myself lucky that I at least got to have a bit of fun with these talis before they took their true sting away. :D

rags-6094
06-24-2018, 10:43 AM
Are you experiencing the same issues up the top as many others up there?

I managed to touch around the 40's briefly today before I was knocked down a few pegs, I didn't see any issues...

The Educated fool
06-24-2018, 10:52 AM
I've actually been lucky, and the bug has not reached me yet either (though I've now jinxed it by saying that, and it now surely will... lol ;-)

I feel for those who have though... especially during an event like this. It's only a game, to be sure, but still... very annoying. Hopefully these issues can be resolved for those experiencing them soon.

hold
06-24-2018, 07:55 PM
Certainly better to just take things like this silently than to "moan" about them though, hmm? :cool: It really is amazing what some people will open their mouths to swallow... lol

Everybody being silent would mean they get away with everything ... but they do anyways because Naughty Fraud is giving a shit about their customers ...

The Educated fool
06-25-2018, 08:47 AM
Everybody being silent would mean they get away with everything ... but they do anyways because Naughty Fraud is giving a shit about their customers ...

I actually meant that you shouldn't be quiet about something like this, amigo! lol I should have used the sarcasm font symbol. :cool: ( /sarcasm ) Sometimes, I agree, the silience has to be broken.

Liebhild
06-25-2018, 12:40 PM
NF gives a shit what is written here in the forum.

They simply continue with their fraud.

THEY HAVE TO BE REPORTED AT A APPROPRIATE PLACE.

I think every country has some sort of consumer protection.

Companys like NF will ruin a complete business model because of their fraud. Honest companys will get punished because of cheaters like NF.

Look back at hold's car example. Everyone here would sue this carseller. What NF is doing here is 100% fraud. They knew that they would nerf them, but still were selling them, so there you have the intent needed for a fraud.

Stormseye
06-25-2018, 05:26 PM
Well there pretty much is no way to win if you aren't running Prisoner and Primordial. There is no more overcoming it. Buffs are still stacking and 9/10 times Sentinel Lillith will have 100% crit strike. I have full max Magic Global and Class magic relics and still can't do enough damage kill one person if Sentinel Lilith has perfect critical strike chance up from Primordials. I have seen it heal for 4500 each tick. Don't forget the Heal Shield will also get crit heals. Think about this - using Clansman to continue to attack with Sacred heart and still cannot do enough damage. What does that say to the average player who doesn't have maxed damage relics? Really crappy that the only way I would have been able to compete would have been to drop another 40 bucks. Most common builds are Iron Eddie/Sentinel Lillith/Gunner Lillith and Prisoner. Unless you are running exact same build you probably aren't going to win. Even PoM fury is not completely removing buffs. Time and time again I will clear and each opponent will still have 1 golden buff even if I still have allies that haven't went yet. Really sad state of the game. Maybe time to move on as well like some of the others.

Muzzleloader
06-25-2018, 06:01 PM
NF is in a no win situation with the primordial talisman. NF did post on this site that they were going to nerf these talisman. If they would have pulled them from purchase they would have denied fellow players from possibly being able to complete a set. It may not appear fair to have a set of talisman for sale that they will nerf, but in the end we all have the same talisman.

There has been complaints on nerfing the tallisman, but almost everyone who has them are still using them. If they have been nerfed so badly then why are they still in use. It appears almost all winning teams are using them.

How could NF refund or recalled them. How could they recall all rewards from the sac pit and all earned rewards, such as completed missions, PvP wins, and battle rewards.

As I stated before this is a no win situation. How many times have characters been nerfed that players spent money to acquire, even if it is only purchasing ironite. Should everyone receive a refund every time there is a change that they don't agree with.

edsel
06-25-2018, 06:20 PM
So what if they buy back all primordials so no one has them. The arena was better before, now those who got them and invested heavily like me to get an advantage feel ripped off cuz of Nerff. If someone spent cash I am sure they are pissed off. If you don't have a prisoner with a set the arena dynamics change considerably. So compensate us fairly for them, remove all primordial now, like an automobile recall, then reissue in future with a limit of 6? No bitching about 4 sets stacking, playing field reset and advantage is erased, perceived or real. This mess about the first few heavy sacrifices getting windfall of 12 per vortex is not our fault. The stacking and including super powerful effects that have now nerfed been removed is also not our fault. I would not have maxed 30 of these if I knew they were getting downgraded.

No one is happy now. Recall, compensate, reissue with limits and clearly defined specs.

Muzzleloader
06-25-2018, 06:30 PM
If they financial compensate everyone, how are they going to recall profits generated from them. If someome was unfortunate not to be able to claim a set or more it would be unfair to them to let others reap the benefits and then be compensated. I was lucky to claim 2 full sets, i ionly upgraded 1 set.

edsel
06-25-2018, 06:44 PM
I say compensate with game currency, only cash if someone paid cash for them. They have records to refund the money purchases. Sacrifice earners like myself could get souls, shards, ironite, something of use? Nerfed, multiple sets of these are not desirable.

Stormseye
06-25-2018, 06:45 PM
I have asked before but no answers, how do the people that have them match up against others that have them? I was one of the few who did not get a set at all so I want to know if it balances out or not? If they balance each other out then there is nothing I can complain about, other and my poor luck not getting them. I have prisoner but no Primordial and have played him against others that do and the Passive Disable seems to nullify. Neither side has Passive Disable at start or match.

I would strongly be opposed to them being removed from the game despite me losing to them constantly. While I understand people invested real money and in game resources to get them and they should not be short changed, maybe the solution would be to offer the set to everyone either as an event reward or for Ironite. That is based of course on the theory that they balance out if both teams have them. All I can do now is try and find a combination that works but it sure is a big stinking pile and I don't know how long I will continue to shovel it.

Muzzleloader
06-25-2018, 06:59 PM
When they were at full power and stacking it was alot of the luck of the coin toss. It has settled down and the tune combination along with the luck of the buffs given are both at play. The more sets give better buff odds, but you still need the proper team combo.
One thing they have done is make the rest of the pve game so much easier. A new player lucky to get a set will walk all over over battles that where hard fought earlier, especially with all the op. Eddie's now available.

Amarthir
06-25-2018, 07:18 PM
This entire thread is proof that no matter what ideas any developer has, people are always going to bitch and complain about it, invent conspiracy theories, demand refunds (lmao), and overall just be so f*cking negative all the time. I used to be apart of the whole, Holy Smoke thing but then I realized how freaking childish some of you are and you actually make me want to play the game more. You guys need to either grow tf up or leave the game, because all that you're doing here is being unnecessarily negative.

hold
06-25-2018, 07:27 PM
This entire thread is proof that no matter what ideas any developer has, people are always going to bitch and complain about it, invent conspiracy theories, demand refunds (lmao), and overall just be so f*cking negative all the time. I used to be apart of the whole, Holy Smoke thing but then I realized how freaking childish some of you are and you actually make me want to play the game more. You guys need to either grow tf up or leave the game, because all that you're doing here is being unnecessarily negative.

The worse a product gets the more you want to use it? Interesting ... The preferred customer for today's industries ... Feed them shit and they ask for seconds ...

rags-6094
06-25-2018, 08:15 PM
I only have one set, I had to pay real dollars for mine just to compete...
On the highly unlikely event that NF do take back every primordial talisman in existence they certainly won't be refunding real money. That said I would be happy to be refunded in a similar monetary value with ingame stuff, ironite, souls etc

But even that won't happen, what ever they do or don't do it will be even in a sense for all.
I'd say it would be more likely another counter talisman would be introduced like the Valor talisman, hell risky putting them on a toon against primordials though.
While I can see everyone's point of view and don't disagree with any of it, it does get quite draining with all the negativity around here these days.
It shouldn't surprise anyone that NF Devs are staying right away from the anger and frustration shown in this thread...

We should all just chill out it's just a game at the end of the day, the older the argument gets the further it will slip from our minds and be replaced with next big thing...

Chaosego888
06-25-2018, 08:27 PM
After playing with these talismans the last two days it is my opinion that they were'nt nerfed at all but buffed in a kneejerk reaction to attempt to nerf them. It would have made more sense to remove exhaust and 100% Critical Strike and the ability to stack. I don't really care about my wasted resources, something sensible needs to be done with them, Hell, just fix everyone's account to where we all have two maxed sets. That would be fair in my eyes after the debacle of an event it turned out to be.

Amarthir
06-25-2018, 08:42 PM
The worse a product gets the more you want to use it? Interesting ... The preferred customer for today's industries ... Feed them shit and they ask for seconds ...

To me, the product is just fine. In fact, since the Nerf the set has gotten more balanced if anything. I do enjoy playing this game at times, otherwise, why would I even play it? When a bunch of assholes never have anything positive to say, literally ever, it just makes me feel glad that I'm not in such a one-dimensional state of mind and always feel the compulsion to hate a free game.

edsel
06-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Reading posts is very entertaining and so is the game, I offer my suggestions in a positive demeanor, no whining intended. Glad to have made,a trooper laugh at my suggestions

Amarthir
06-25-2018, 09:18 PM
Reading posts is very entertaining and so is the game, I offer my suggestions in a positive demeanor, no whining intended. Glad to have made,a trooper laugh at my suggestions

I wasn't really trying to direct one of my comments at you personally, it was more towards the ones who were really whining at things that have been going on. Personally, I try to stay away from the negativity or offer some insight and suggestions like you have, but people have just been getting way too toxic lately and while some of it is justified, much of it isn't in my eyes.

blade685
06-28-2018, 05:41 PM
they are not cheated like Destiny talisman! the new big shit of the game....that only few players have....