PDA

View Full Version : How do you win in PVP without POM, IE, Clansman, SSE?????

magick2401
06-19-2018, 05:08 PM
With all of the of overpowered talismans out there, when don't have a power Eddie to be the anchor, it doesn't matter. I've opened souls out of the wazoo and participated in all of the events and gotten souls, sacrificed, etc.....

But now, I just keep getting my ass handed to me by every tom, dick and harry in the arena...... I guess my iron coin collecting days are over. No way to get those nifty relics that help. no way to collect iron coins other than arena.....

I guess I'm going to be relegated to farming in the Cosmos forever.

Just my rant....... I used to enjoy playing and comping up with uses for characters but when every other team has IE, POM, or SSE on their defense...... No thought in that... just outlast your opponent. and it doesn't help that the damn red Lillith with echo goes off for 6 turns in a row.....

and before someone says take a few losses to drop in rank, I have..... and those way below me in rank also have these toons.

I'll continue to play troopers daily but I guess I'll be missing out on arena events.

Have fun all!

Ip4
06-19-2018, 05:27 PM
i am always put one Eddie in defence,that way i can win without attackong "money players" and i am happy with 100 ironite,5 eternity fragments and 1500 iron coins every week!

magick2401
06-19-2018, 05:46 PM
That's what I'm talking about.

I don't have an Eddie powerful enough to attack with like POM, SSE, IE, Clansman....... I'm not talking about attacking "money players"...... I mean the regular old joe's around the 1900-2100 range that are handing my ass to me with their defense now.....

So I would be glad with 100 ironic and 5 eternity fragments but even that seems like a pipe dream....

Anyways..... I have a defense win every once in a while with a pharaoh Eddie that is the mainstay for all of my teams because no other Eddie I have would be able to last the first turn anymore.....

rags-6094
06-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Pharoah Eddie is still my champ in PVP, I have only recently acquired IE and 7son, their not ready to put in the arena yet but even if they were I am going to have a hard time giving up Pharoah.
I've not made it to the top 50 ranks yet but I have the top 100 and regularly the top 250.
I would just experiment more with character combinations and within each character talisman combinations.
There's plenty of guys here only to happy to (if you will) mentor you if you need help.

Of course the latest 6 set talisman has drastically changed the arena environment but it will settle down with time.
Good luck and just keep going!

Yup
06-19-2018, 06:09 PM
Relics.... Spend every last iron coin on relics.. HP first.. then others.

Skill Shard your teams first.
Power up team talismans first.

You need to be as strong as you can be with what you have.

It can be terribly frustrating to be locked out due to a missing characters. When I started it was all about VHE... you could not possibly compete at higher levels without VHE.. took me forever to get VHE and actually pulled 7S Ed before VHE.. it's only been in the last couple months that the variety of Eddies which will work has improved.

Stick with it, you'll eventually get an Ed that can compete or you'll have enough relics that battles get easier, or you've applied enough skill shards that you hit so much harder.

magick2401
06-19-2018, 06:58 PM
I've maxed out the HP relic (+80%)....

Magic is at 20%

Attack is at 12%

Believe me, I've been working on relics and within the class I use most also......

I don't have a lot of the toons I fight against like Cyborg, IE, POM, clansman, 7son..... not even a warrior Lilith, alliance general, corrupt general, VHE....

dropped 50 G/A assassin souls during this sac event and I pulled 4 hallowed eddies for my trouble (already had him, BTW). Not bothering to sac them during this event as I'm trying to get an ultimate with double the amount necessary to see what all the hubbub is about..... But as things are, I really feel I'm in for a major disappointment.

I've taken lots of advice from the forums.... saved up my souls, sac'ed to get more souls, I've been saving ironite, saving shards for characters, all that good stuff......

I see discussion on Eddie's that I don't have and almost none within the last year on the Eddie's I do have.....

Anyways, this will be last whine as I see that my cheese has arrived.....

Good luck to you all in arena....... I'll keep trying but the current environment doesn't make hopeful for anything in the future....

Cheers!!!

Stormseye
06-19-2018, 07:08 PM
I know it can seem overwhelming. Right now I am helping my son and the Arena is terrible for any new players. New players are getting slaughtered even in 1300 rank due to scaling issues and rampant Primordial builds. Thankfully the nerf bat is coming and all those who are sitting on those talisman builds will be forced to rebuild again. The best you can hope for now is to cherry pick your fights as best you can and use your free refresh often.

Like Yup said
Relics first and foremost HP, HP, HP
Look at others' builds see if you have comparable characters and just keep farming cosmos, especially right now this event has some interesting ways to gain new characters.

Tim28213
06-19-2018, 07:10 PM
Like Ip4 I almost always have a single 3* Eddie in my defense. Hopefully you can run into a few of these each week to help you along.
Lately in the 150-1500 range where I spend most of my time I see more variety in teams lately. Navigator Eddie is around a lot. Visions is always there (I still have never gotten this character), I see Speed of Light Eddie from time to time. I played Fear of the Dark Eddie forever and he is still one of my favorite mid-range PVP Eddies (He just doesn't win anything fast-slow and steady with him).
There are lots of combinations that work. I have no expectations of my defense doing anything and don't care. I play in the offensive range my team works in then I have to stop a while and fall back down in the ranks a bit. I've learned there are certain character combinations that just devastate my team whether I go first or not so I avoid those. I refresh a lot, even when I am on a winning streak rather than beat my head against certain teams. Every 30ish minutes you can refresh for free. For me it is better to reset my win buffs than battle through opponents that I know totally outclass me.
Find a range you play comfortably and be happy there while you build up the ability to climb higher. It is possible, just takes time.

GrimDusk
06-19-2018, 07:42 PM
Due to the dev's method of balancing being "create a new character which counters old characters" with every release, it can most certainly be difficult to win in the arena. If you need a solid base team to begin with, start with the Eternal Soul characters and the Trooper Soul characters. They aren't as amazing as PoM, 7th Son, Iron, or Beast Eddie in the Arena, but they can carry your team pretty far.

rags-6094
06-19-2018, 07:43 PM
Like Ip4 I almost always have a single 3* Eddie in my defense. Hopefully you can run into a few of these each week to help you along.
Lately in the 150-1500 range where I spend most of my time I see more variety in teams lately. Navigator Eddie is around a lot. Visions is always there (I still have never gotten this character), I see Speed of Light Eddie from time to time. I played Fear of the Dark Eddie forever and he is still one of my favorite mid-range PVP Eddies (He just doesn't win anything fast-slow and steady with him).
There are lots of combinations that work. I have no expectations of my defense doing anything and don't care. I play in the offensive range my team works in then I have to stop a while and fall back down in the ranks a bit. I've learned there are certain character combinations that just devastate my team whether I go first or not so I avoid those. I refresh a lot, even when I am on a winning streak rather than beat my head against certain teams. Every 30ish minutes you can refresh for free. For me it is better to reset my win buffs than battle through opponents that I know totally outclass me.
Find a range you play comfortably and be happy there while you build up the ability to climb higher. It is possible, just takes time.

Very well said!

Liebhild
06-19-2018, 10:47 PM
If you are new to the game, simply quit. Whole game has become P2W and without luck all effort is useless.

Fudjo
06-21-2018, 11:12 PM
That's what I'm talking about.

I don't have an Eddie powerful enough to attack with like POM, SSE, IE, Clansman....... I'm not talking about attacking "money players"...... I mean the regular old joe's around the 1900-2100 range that are handing my ass to me with their defense now.....

It's tough to win in the higher ranks without the characters that strip off golden buffs. I don't consider myself a serious PVP contender - I can get into the top 250 if I spend some Ironite. However, my attack team harvests a decent amount of Iron Coins:

Speed of Light Eddie: Enduring, Angel
Blue Lilith: Soul, True
Astra: Strike, Immortal
Gunner CotD: Primordial (was Fate, Chance)

I recently got an Iron Eddie and a Red Lilith, so I'll work them into the mix soon. Astra tears apart toons with blue buffs, but once the gold buffs start showing up (which is...er...now...and everywhere) she's a liability.

magick2401
06-22-2018, 03:22 AM
It's tough to win in the higher ranks without the characters that strip off golden buffs. I don't consider myself a serious PVP contender - I can get into the top 250 if I spend some Ironite. However, my attack team harvests a decent amount of Iron Coins:

Speed of Light Eddie: Enduring, Angel
Blue Lilith: Soul, True
Astra: Strike, Immortal
Gunner CotD: Primordial (was Fate, Chance)

I recently got an Iron Eddie and a Red Lilith, so I'll work them into the mix soon. Astra tears apart toons with blue buffs, but once the gold buffs start showing up (which is...er...now...and everywhere) she's a liability.

Cool! Thanks for some input....

Unfortunately, no Astra and no Blue Lillith.... I'll keep trying though.... Maybe someday the odds will be in my favor and I'll pull any of the toons that I'm missing to be able to make use of them....

Fudjo
06-22-2018, 03:48 AM
Cool! Thanks for some input....

Unfortunately, no Astra and no Blue Lillith.... I'll keep trying though.... Maybe someday the odds will be in my favor and I'll pull any of the toons that I'm missing to be able to make use of them....

Before I started using Blue Lilith, I was using the Green Bat (plus his power ability). You'll also see Red Undead Rescuers with Steel talismans. The strategy is the same: use a toon with the Block passive and some form of not-dying ability to handle the incoming wave of damage.

Speed of Light Eddie is useful for being able to strip off blue buffs, plus his Heal, plus extending effect duration with his Fury. His attack that blocks beneficial effects is very helpful for shutting down the Ghost from Soul talismans. Overall, he's a very handy Eddie. Well, until the gold buffs start showing up. Then you'll need Visions Eddie or such.

bfoc
06-24-2018, 11:13 AM
If you are new to the game, simply quit. Whole game has become P2W and without luck all effort is useless.

Well this seems true even with my kind of players wit couple of years and +150 100 lv toons with no intention of usin 50 eur per week with this game. This is not about being Iron Maiden - fun for everyone - anymore.

I just counted that in order to win 300 matches in this nev pvp challenge, I’m supposed to use 5-6 hours per day grinding the arena and buy a shitload of ironite.

As a protest I suggest that everyone puts their crappiest Eddie tomstand alone in their defence. TAKE IT TO THE MAN!

Ip4
06-24-2018, 11:26 AM
sad thing is if we all quit game,devs will still do the same things...i am starting to think they are all bots not humans...

EnricoPalazzo
06-25-2018, 09:13 AM
Energy and immunity are the keys for me.
Steal all the energy from the opponent and you can defeat him, with a well-balanced team.
My go-to team for PVP is Visions Eddie with Energy and Angel, Pharaoh Dog with Energy and Angel, Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer with Energy and explosive (this one's a killer!) and whatever seems necessary to do the job as 4th team member. Mostly Assassin CR, sometimes GCotD with the new 6-piece Gunner Talismans.
With a few perfect hits, the opponent is left with 3 energy per round. The dog can either cast immunity and heal or you can collect all debuffs with SCR and dish out atomic-level destruction since it deals more damage with each debuff currently on it.
Works fine against most teams except some strong Warrior-based ones.
HP relics are maxed, so +80%, just like you have.
I do have PoM, I don't have SSE, Clansman, Beast or the other ones. I only use PoM from time to time, but just for fun. I never found him essential.