PDA

View Full Version : Q: Best Locations to farm Gold

Noventa
06-19-2018, 06:57 PM
I started to play after a while and I noticed gold has become much more important. I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer. Any strategies on gold farming?

Not counting accrued SOT via rewards or timer countdown, or gold from selling reward items such as talismans or shards.....

Powerslave (Madness):
80 SOT / 4 SOT per run = 20 runs * ~6958 = ~139,160 Gold for every 80 SOT

A Matter of Life or Death (Madness):
80 SOT / 5 SOT per run = 16 runs * ~8789 = ~140,624 Gold for every 80 SOT

Number of the Beast (Madness):
80 SOT / 5 SOT per run = 16 runs * ~9335 = ~149,360 Gold for every 80 SOT

They are all relatively close. Powerslave runs tend to go the quickest averaging about 45 seconds and they are the easiest if you don't have high powered characters. AMoLoD and NotB average about 1 minute per run (1 hit kills except the Beast) but they do take more powerful characters.

There's little reason to run AMoLoD over Powerslave for Gold. AMoLoD is better if you also need the evo runes or stones... but for Gold, Powerslave is faster, easier, and pays out about the same amount.

I haven't found a team to auto-farm NotB without Alexander Eddie. None of the other Eddies will survive every time in NotB - some will do well, but anything other than Alex Ed will lose NotB occasionally on auto-replay. Alex Ed never loses NotB.

druid138
06-19-2018, 07:00 PM
Powerslave and Number of the Beast have the best gold to Ironite spent ratio. Personally, I farm Powerslave because a lone FotD can take care of it, allowing me to level up any other four characters in the process.

Edit: Ironite spent refers to the net amount of Ironite spent for a SoT refill. It's 30 Ironite minus whatever Ironite the level drops throughout the refill. Powerslave only costs 4 SoT and returns a lot of SoT and Ironite.

GrimDusk
06-19-2018, 07:40 PM
A Matter of Life and Death also does pretty well, but the AI can mess it up due to Beelzebub going invisible. NoTB is extremely difficult, as it will require your characters to have immunity to not die to the amount of negative effects The Beast will throw at you.

rags-6094
06-19-2018, 07:47 PM
A Matter of Life and Death also does pretty well, but the AI can mess it up due to Beelzebub going invisible. NoTB is extremely difficult, as it will require your characters to have immunity to not die to the amount of negative effects The Beast will throw at you.

That's so true! Even the primordial talismans don't save you, what is it with that? the 6 set has no effect against the beast in notb and the dragon in bnw?

Yup
06-19-2018, 07:53 PM
NotB Madness if you can do it. Highest gold payout per run at 9K+. I get around a quarter million Gold for each full 80SOT.

Ip4
06-19-2018, 07:58 PM
hmmm...i read today that someone play NoTB on autoplay,i think that's not possible...

powerslave is good for 50 troopers,AMOLED is good for 3 star evo shard(white)

Yup
06-19-2018, 08:02 PM
I auto-replay NotB madness all day log, Ip4.

All you need is Alexander Eddie, really. Can do it with Clansman -- although Alex Ed will never lose, Clansman may lose 1 in 15 runs.

druid138
06-19-2018, 08:32 PM
Powerslave and Number of the Beast have the best gold to Ironite spent ratio. Personally, I farm Powerslave because a lone FotD can take care of it, allowing me to level up any other four characters in the process.

Edit: Ironite spent refers to the net amount of Ironite spent for a SoT refill. It's 30 Ironite minus whatever Ironite the level drops throughout the refill. Powerslave only costs 4 SoT and returns a lot of SoT and Ironite.

To put some numbers behind this, I studied this in October 2017. It's possible that Ironite and SoT drops have changed since then, but I don't think they have.

Buying a refill and running exclusively PS will cost 20 net Ironite. You'll pay 30, but you'll get 10 back on average in drops. The number of runs you can do on that refill (ignoring additional runs that you get from naturally accumulating SoT) will generate 186K gold on average. So, PS can convert 100 Ironite into almost 1M gold (and that ignores additional gold you can earn from selling the talismans and/or unneeded shards / runes).

Noventa
06-19-2018, 09:40 PM
Thank yuo for answer all of them was well calculated.

Also, I need help to rebuild my characters since may of them got nerfed. I am not able to auto-win against A Matter of Life and Death and beyond with high win rate. Any advice would be good.

5* + Skill Sharded:
Soldier Eddie Grim reaper Eddie The Nomad
Harpy Allied Soldier The Prisoner

Other Notable characters:
Mummy Eddie | Fear of the Dark Eddie | Run to The Hills Eddie | Carriage Rider Eddie | Tailgunner Eddie | Troll

Amarthir
06-19-2018, 10:35 PM
If you want pure speedruns I'd go

Navigator Eddie
Magus Undead Rescuer
Gunner/Warrior Lillith

My current Powerslave team is N. Eddie with Primordial talismans, Prisoner with Primordial talismans and Magus Undead Rescuer with Comet and Predator talismans.

I can hit roughly 20 seconds or more with this team on a good run. As for AMOLAD or NotB, I don't really go there for grinding but I'm pretty sure my team will work for AMOLAD

Noventa
06-19-2018, 11:10 PM
If you want pure speedruns I'd go

Navigator Eddie
Magus Undead Rescuer
Gunner/Warrior Lillith

My current Powerslave team is N. Eddie with Primordial talismans, Prisoner with Primordial talismans and Magus Undead Rescuer with Comet and Predator talismans.

I can hit roughly 20 seconds or more with this team on a good run. As for AMOLAD or NotB, I don't really go there for grinding but I'm pretty sure my team will work for AMOLAD

I can't make VI+ sacrifices to obtain Primordials but I'll try to get Lilith and use Comet and Predator sets

Cefiar
06-19-2018, 11:30 PM
Re: Autoplay NotB... That was me.

I got one loss in about 40 runs (was my last run too). This was mainly due to Navigator Eddie (with Primordial talismans) doing random damage rather than specifics, so was slower and eventually got pummelled by The Beast over time. Was on the last round of battle with The Beast (Assassin) and he had like 20% HP left. Note that I didn't get Doomed, it was simply that the Beast did more damage to me than I did to it, and the round dragged on too long. SCR is what made the difference here, sucking up all the non-silver neg effects and dealing it back as damage if they weren't marked with Golden Immunity and then healing everyone.

FWIW: I don't bother trying to stop the effects that the Beast throws at you as much (just what the Primordial talismans give you). I simply power through them and hit the Beast for as much as I can before they trigger. Basically before you die of the doom effects he throws at you, kill the Beast.

Fastest time I've managed in NotB Madness is 1m19s. FWIW: Fastest time in AMoLaD is 37s, and in Powerslave it's 29s.

As mentioned though, I have lots of relics. Have now stepped down to AMoLaD or Powerslave till I can up my HP relic again (takes a while to get 1300 ironite), which might be good enough to settle the odds in my favour.

Cefiar
06-19-2018, 11:32 PM
If you're lucky with the Precious souls you get from fragments, you might get some 5* Sacrificial Hearts, which might allow you to get to that lvl VI sacrifice.

Yup
06-20-2018, 02:06 AM
will generate 186M gold on average

I think you might have meant 1.86 not 186. Powerslave isn't going to generate 186M for 100 ironite at 6K+ per run.

Farming NotB I get about 2.5M for 100 ironite at 9K+ per run.

druid138
06-20-2018, 02:29 AM
I think you might have meant 1.86 not 186. Powerslave isn't going to generate 186M for 100 ironite at 6K+ per run.

Farming NotB I get about 2.5M for 100 ironite at 9K+ per run.

Thanks, Yup! My mistake. I fixed my post. It should have said 186K (not 186M) gold per SoT refill, which costs 20 net Ironite. 186K comes from ~7K per run. On average, you get back 1 SoT per run, so it costs 3 net SoT per run, allowing 26.67 runs per refill. The 1M gold for 100 Ironite figure is based on the fact that you can do 5 SoT refills for 100 net Ironite (5 x 186K is a little less than 1M).

Your NotB figure of 2.5M seems high. I don't doubt that NotB gives a better gold return than PS, but I would bet that it's closer to 1M per 100 Ironite since the higher gold reward is mostly offset by the higher SoT cost.

Yup
06-20-2018, 02:55 AM
Not counting accrued SOT via rewards or timer countdown, or gold from selling reward items such as talismans or shards.....

Powerslave (Madness):

They are all relatively close. Powerslave runs tend to go the quickest averaging about 45 seconds and they are the easiest if you don't have high powered characters. AMoLoD and NotB average about 1 minute per run (1 hit kills except the Beast) but they do take more powerful characters.

There's little reason to run AMoLoD over Powerslave for Gold. AMoLoD is better if you also need the evo runes or stones... but for Gold, Powerslave is faster, easier, and pays out about the same amount.

I haven't found a team to auto-farm NotB without Alexander Eddie. None of the other Eddies will survive every time in NotB - some will do well, but anything other than Alex Ed will lose NotB occasionally on auto-replay. Alex Ed never loses NotB.

rags-6094
06-20-2018, 05:25 AM
That's good to know Yup! I do like Cef's idea of using SCR with N Eddie holding primordial talisman set.
I am reasonably well beefed up with relics now, might give that a go.
I have hardly stopped farming Amolad for the past 10 hours or so....
Surprising how long it takes for so little gain, perhaps I will return to PS now that the runes are looking a little healthier...

Thanks for the well presented gold farming stats Yup and Druid , now if there was just some way to keep that info in an easy to reach spot for future reference, it won't be long before that info is buried forever...

druid138
06-20-2018, 06:54 AM
now if there was just some way to keep that info in an easy to reach spot for future reference, it won't be long before that info is buried forever...

I hear a LotB wiki is in the works. ;)

Also, in terms of PS vs. AMOLAD vs. NotB, don't underestimate the benefit of using PS to level your characters for free. Again, a well-built FotD or Nav can easily handle PS on their own, giving you four free character slots for leveling. The savings in shards and gold can be pretty significant, especially if you take advantage of cheap double-XP deals like we have in the Store right now.

Cefiar
06-20-2018, 08:15 AM
Yeah I've gone back to farming Powerslave for the levelling aspect, esp given the stats posted earlier in the thread.

And I seem to be picking up characters I didn't have left and right. I managed to get another tier VI sacrifice (some dupe 5x eddies and a bunch of sacrificial hearts) and got 10 G/A souls plus 40 rare souls. Out of that, and subsequent sacrifices and more rare souls, and around again till i ran out of things to sacrifice, I managed to get hold of a Warrior Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad and a Warrior Child of the Damned.

Gotta say, lately I've picked up quite a few souls that I was missing. Definitely like something has changed. Then again, I'm also going through way more souls than I used to, which might be part of it.

rags-6094
06-20-2018, 10:03 AM
Nope I reckon it's a bit both Cef!
I haven't worked so hard farming ever before to get that vortex to go off before the sac event ends, but I picked up both those new to me big gun Eddies before I started really...
I think something's changed, if only for a little while... I'm taking advantage while the goings good! I just loaded up sot with another 600 there about and am hoping to finish the vortex, hopefully that will be achieved when I wake up in the morning!

scott-5496
06-20-2018, 10:17 AM

Powerslave (Madness):

I normally stick to Powerslave for the grinding side - as many have said - one fully loaded Eddie like Navigator and the other toons can be whatever you like and are great for levelling up toons. I am doing this form my two kids accounts - buy the XP*2 for gold then load up Powerslave with the AOE Eddie and two lower level toons with decent enough tallies and you rattle through them and get a lot of benefits like souls, upgrade stuff and gold not far off AMOLAD.

Yup
06-20-2018, 01:13 PM
If you're farming for sacrifice souls.. I'd farm LOL dungeons.. way more souls there.

GrimDusk
06-20-2018, 03:41 PM
I auto-replay NotB madness all day log, Ip4.

All you need is Alexander Eddie, really. Can do it with Clansman -- although Alex Ed will never lose, Clansman may lose 1 in 15 runs.

Yeah, all you need is that character that is really difficult to get for everyone else and takes forever. Dude, Alexander Eddie can't be used as an example. He's so damn difficult for casual players to get.

URock
03-25-2019, 11:10 PM
March 2019 game update increased gold in Night City:

Purgatory (madness)
120 SOT/8 SOT per run = 15 runs * 5673 (base gold) + 20279 - 40000 (bonus gold) = min 389280 gold for 120 SOT

Esquatcho
03-26-2019, 03:22 AM
March 2019 game update increased gold in Night City:

Purgatory (madness)
120 SOT/8 SOT per run = 15 runs * 5673 (base gold) + 20279 - 40000 (bonus gold) = min 389280 gold for 120 SOT

So prorating for the 80SOT 259,520, so a clear winner!

Be interesting to see for some word of warning, which some others mentioned on a different thread....

Muzzleloader
03-26-2019, 04:04 AM
What is the average ironite return on a refill running purgatory?

Blade
03-26-2019, 10:17 AM
Muzzle, you postponed your farewell?

The ironite return is also my biggest concern with NC as there is not a single level with 5 waves, or did I miss something?

scott-5496
03-26-2019, 11:29 AM
I never realised that the number of waves effects ironite - how did I ever miss that! I always thought it was just random if you got ironite or not. That is useful to know.

I think also we need to look at the extras you get on different levels that save gold so as such can be added to the gold you sort of get - for example, in Powerslave farming it is 100% safe for most folk to level up two allies (Eddies can of course be done anywhere with no issue). So in that way Powerslave saves you the cost of gold to upgrade allies (we should discount Eddies of course as they are covered anywhere). On the other side of it we will also usually sell extra taliaman we collect while farming - most levels give you standard three star boring stuff we will sell - same for Night City once you get what you need from the newer talisman that drop there - after that you can sell, for far more gold, those spare/extra talisman for a lot more gold that you get for the boring old three star stuff elsewheere so that sort of adds to the gold you get while farming in two different ways.

At the moment I cant upgrade any characters (well not lower level ones) doing farming in Night City madness as you need three pretty strong allies and Eddies to make sure there are no defeats.....I have finished off levelling up a few but only when they were at 95+ level and with strong talisman and usually sharded. I do use AMOLAD for this but again usually level 5 though they can be lower level etc.

Not got the time to work it all out but these are factors to add to the considerations in terms of the gold you win (and save) in the different locations. I think also oddly enough I have had some weird gold gains in several runs in Night City but really not sure why - I am sure I have seen the base gold being normal but the loot gold bineg like 39k, 25k and some other odd numbers - has anyone else noted this at all as I defo saw a few of these last night on one of the NC levels - not every run or anywhere near that but certainly once or twice?

kgk56
03-26-2019, 11:53 AM
I use NotB Eddie + Ferryman + KP in "Lord of the Flies" Madness

Muzzleloader
03-26-2019, 12:32 PM
Blade I am not playing my account. My nephew is still playing some. He is playing the troopers until he clears the trooper list. You can only remove 5 troopers per day.

Blade
03-26-2019, 01:11 PM
Blade I am not playing my account. My nephew is still playing some. He is playing the troopers until he clears the trooper list. You can only remove 5 troopers per day.

He also seems to do some Arena matches! That was what I noticed and why I was asking :)

@scott: I think it was good old Sparton who explained the ironite and SoT drops very early and as far as I remember the general thing was that every enemy that is killed has the chance to drop 1 SoT/Ironite. From that we can conclude that levels with many enemies have better chances to give some drops. But of course I don't know if this still holds true, but I don't see a good reason to change that. This makes Powerslave even better as getting 8/12 and more SoT by drops is more likely than getting 10/15 etc. needed for the higher worlds.

Your other ideas are also very good so that the benefit of a specific level is made up by different aspects. Does NC madness always give 4* Talis, or how was that? But for sure these levels are too hard to bring 2 non-sharded Allies. This is not the case for NotB! It takes longer but basically Alex can do it on his own so you can level up some chars alongside. I did this during the event when we could buy XP+ for gold counting towards the "spend 5M Gold" event challenge. But as the Dungeons give a lot of 3* evo shards, I think I will go back to Powerslave farming - especially for using the troopers! Maybe some NC farming in addition but I need to test that.

Muzzleloader
03-26-2019, 01:46 PM
If madness NC gives 250K gold perr 80 Sot vs 140K for powerslave it is about a wash if powerslave is still not better. If you add the gold saved leveling an Eddie and 2 allies you can add another 150k gold to the powerslave total. I believe the ironite drop in powerslave is better than NC. NC is better if you want 3* evo materials and a few talisman to round out a few sets other wise powerslave is better for the casual player.

Esquatcho
03-27-2019, 11:47 AM
I still dont get the difference on powerslave v NotB. By my feel, you end up ahead on gold + with alex you can farm it with level 1s. Also heaps more 3* evo runes & shards. So why do some prefer it more?

Muzzleloader
03-27-2019, 12:37 PM
If you need the 3* evo material NotB would be better to farm. NotB gives 1800 gold per SoT while powerslave gives 1700 gold per SoT. NotB you need to use Alex to be able to level your 2 allies, powerslave you can level up Eddie and 2 allies, you need to add what it would take to level up to your gold value since you can level up sac toons for free.

The time it takes to play NotB compared to powerslave also may be considered. What is better for your game depends on your goals. If you dont level sac toons than NotB may be better for you. I dont know the average ironite NotB gives over time, but if they are the same powerslave would be better since you play 20% more battles. There is no better strategy, it just depends on your prdference.

Esquatcho
03-28-2019, 03:07 AM
Fair point. Im curious though, how many people actually have stacks of 3* evo runes? Seem to be my #1 materials block. Just too many new talismans and the eternal quest to get sets for all the toons....

Muzzleloader
03-28-2019, 04:00 AM
Good luck in trying to get maxed talisman for every toon. That at a minimum of 40 Eddie's and 100 toons you will need 1200 maxed talisman. At a rate of 5 toons a month you will need to max a talisman everyday just to keep up.

At 400k per talisman, evolving 4* toons, paying to claim souls and any other gold costing event you will need to buy several refills of SoT per day. That doesnt include any sacathon events drawing gold reserves, good luck in gold mznagement along with ironite savings for special events.

I had a cache of several hundred 3* evo runes from last summer before the unrelenting releasing of toons/talisman began. I earned a ton of evo runs running madness in dungeon events, the ferryman event was quite rewarding in all types of resources.

scott-5496
03-28-2019, 11:27 AM
I am working towards maxing all of mine to be honest - I am getting there slowly but not that far away now to be honest. Not sure why I started it but it is another in game goal that I am trying to use as a driver to play! LOL

I have mountains of most upgrade resources - the one thing that is starting to dwindle a little is the talisman coloured runes as I dont farm BNW all that much. Totally sorted for character upgrades - no issues there at all as got multiple stacks of most stuff but I tend to use farming to upgrade them to 99% of max in case there is an evo event.

On gold farming I am now doing Lord of the Flies madness in NC with all spare SoT. I was watching it at times over last few days - one thing we cannot track so well with it is the random spikes in gold loot - you do get a lower standard gold hit but the loot you get varies. yesterday and day before I had several gold wins of around 40k, a few in the 30k and most were the standard 20k - not sure why it varies but you dont get that in any of the others it is always the standard gold every win. You also get a lot of 5 star upgrade shards (mostly purple), 3 star evo of course and those lovely 4 star talisman to keep or sell - I have been selling them and you get a load of gold for each of those. I maybe need to do a 120 SoT run and work out the total gold gained from it to see the differences. Selling talisman really does boost the gold wins a lot. The downside for me is no free lower level character upgrades as I need three fully powered characters in the team, fully sharded for the team to work - I can still add a trooper or an Eddie of course but not an ally but that is less of a concern really as I can do that during most events.

Natasmai
03-28-2019, 01:30 PM
can you share your team and talisman setup for lord of flies? I was running words of warning, but i had too many failures with the team someone recommended. I know I can one shot Lord of Flies most times with Rainmaker and friends, but that has to be done manually.

Natasmai
03-28-2019, 01:35 PM
Fair point. Im curious though, how many people actually have stacks of 3* evo runes? Seem to be my #1 materials block. Just too many new talismans and the eternal quest to get sets for all the toons....

After the Talisman Evo event, I was completely out of all 2 and 3 star colorless evo runes. Since then I have been farming my troopers daily in NotB except for the dungeon event days. Last I checked I had over 200 of each of them now. You rebuild quickly in there. Better than farming BNW i think.

Muzzleloader
03-28-2019, 01:54 PM
How much ironite does NC average on a refill of SoW. I consider ironite drops as important as gold has become. Without any refills I average 75 ironite a day running powerslave and all skull quests.

URock
03-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Gold in Night City madness was decreased to 18k!

Ip4
03-30-2019, 08:37 PM
not for me,i am farming every day Words of Warning and always give 5491+21010 gold every battle...

sumpfleiche
04-10-2019, 07:03 PM
@Ip4
Do you have a Team for auto farm words of warning?

Yup
04-10-2019, 07:50 PM
words of warning?

That's what I've been hitting lately.. roughly 1Mill for a full SOT auto-play. Since they corrected the horrible gold returns in Night City, really any NC level is good for gold 13+K gold per run (as a reward though in addition to standard per-run gold)

Gold in Night City madness was decreased to 18k!

Not so.. you get 13-25k per run.. I often see 20+K from a run. But even at 18K that's still 3 times better than NOTB.

Muzzleloader
04-10-2019, 08:02 PM
How are you earning 1mm per Sot refill running Words of Warning. At 15 battles per SoT refill that would be 60K per battle, that excludes earned SoT or saleable tailsman

Yup
04-10-2019, 10:09 PM
15 runs, averaging 25K per run (20k reward 5k for completing) = 375K -- add in gained SOT and the times that actually provide more than 20K reward... and it's probably closer to 400-450K per SOT refill. It WAS closer to 1Mil when the rewards could hit 30-40K. It's now closer to 500K most of the time.

Sorry for the hyperbole before.

Muzzleloader
04-10-2019, 10:16 PM
What teams are you using for those who dont have all the allies or talisman. How long are your battles taking?

Ip4
04-10-2019, 10:25 PM
@Ip4
Do you have a Team for auto farm words of warning?
playing only madness because 25000 gold and sometimes 40000 gold...
FFE frontier talisman
KP warlord
MACLO warlord

you can change Maclo for blue lilith with fortune talisman
https://i.ibb.co/j3dNq1Y/26259684-169-C-4318-A0-DA-B7-F915119-E98.png

Yup
04-10-2019, 10:28 PM
I tend to use A Banshee (Warlord/Radiant), NotB Ed (Warlord/Angel/Cosmic), KP (Warlord/Sustaining/Tranquility) -- best Time 23Sec

Right now, for achievements, I'm running with Bass Ed (Revenge/Warp/Random Yellow), Musashi (Alchemy), and KP.. that's taking about 30 seconds longer

But there are number of teams that seem to do as well... FFE, Musashi (Alchemy), KP.... Alex Ed, A Banshee, KP.... Alex, Musashi, A Banshee ... Doomday, S Maclo, S Shinobi....

My point was if you can farm Night City, that's where the best gold is now. Even if you can only farm the first battle of normal, there's more gold there than in NotB now.

Running NotB with 120 SOT (25 runs) will yield roughly 220K gold (minimum). Running any level of NC with the same 120 SOT (15 runs) will yield roughly 225K gold (minimum for the low end 13K reward, which is only if you are farming "normal")

Muzzleloader
04-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys. I wasnt asking for myself in particular. I was asking for some ally/talisman combos that most people have, not including all newest toys that everyone may not have earned as of yet.

scott-5496
04-11-2019, 09:13 AM
You also get a load of gold from selling the earned tallisman - especially the gunner variety - that can get you a load of extra gold in NC as they are 4 star - this really does add a lot as I often get few or more per run. Also you can level up Eddies (troopers or your own) easily of course which helps add to savings and I think they level faster in the harder level like Words of Warning than say Powerslave or AMOLAD. The upgrade material gains are pretty decent too.

Blade
04-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Hmm sounds like I should really rethink my farming strategy! Thanks for sharing your ideas! On the other hand I am a bit sceptical because of the high SoT price! 8 SoT in NC madness is double than Powerslave!
Quick math:
24 hours a day = 1440 minutes = 288 times 5 minutes equals 288 SoT.
288/8 SoT per run = 36 runs! And as there is no level with 5 waves the potential return of SoT (and Ironite) is lower than in Powerslave (which allows 72 runs per 288 SoT).

With 36 runs you miss 14 troopers and also you have not yet played the Skull Quests. This means if you farm NC in madness you need to buy at least one refill to get the daily things done...
For NC in hard = 41 runs; for normal = 48 runs

Maybe it's best for sacrifice events to burn through extra SoT.

BTW: We clearly need 3 different team quick selections for normal play, just as it is for the Skull Quests and Dungeons (where it is totally broken I had to learn)

Muzzleloader
04-11-2019, 02:20 PM
The question has become what is the best to farm. If you are only going for gold than NC is the best barring the fact you will need to buy one SoT refill to use all your troopers.

NC gives more gold per SoT than anywhere else, plus gold you can earn by selling talisman. NC also drops 5* runes that that will help in leveling those talisman. The downside you probably cant level toons and you will need to spend gold and shards to evolve sacable toons. If you have a cache of shards than you wont need to farm any where else. If you are a heavy LoL event farmer this shouldn't be a problem. Only using free SoT you can use 40+ troopers and earn 1mm gold including skull quests. Anyone know on average how much ironite drops per day NC will give?

NotB is nice if you have Alex. Here you can level 2 allies and have the potential to drop 3* evo and runes to evolve toons and talisman. It is nice that you can use all your troopers and skull quests without any SoT refills. The downside is that using Alex and 2 low power allies take extended times.

Powerslave is nice that you can level an Eddie and 2 allies easily for game use or sac events. I found powerslave overall gives a little more gold than NotB. The downside is it doesnt drop any 3* evo materials. If you can do all skull quests and farm powerslave without any refills your earn 700K gold a day. I averaged 75 ironite a day on powerslave including skull quest drops.

There is no best place to farm. It all depends on what your needs and goals are in this game. This of course doent take into account of any event requirements

Tim28213
04-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Muzzleloader that is one of the best summaries of what makes each farming option good. Well done. That should get stickied.

Blade
04-11-2019, 02:36 PM
Muzzleloader that is one of the best summaries of what makes each farming option good. Well done. That should get stickied.

Agree, very good post Muzzle&Nephew :)

scott-5496
04-11-2019, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I think it is all down to what you need to do. I do swap around on things from time to time but at the moment I am only levelling up Eddies so NC Word of Warning is best. Not sure if others see this when auto farming but take a glimpse when you get to loot stage - I have mine playing in front of my while at work so I take a look at loot from time to time. You do get the odd gold spike - I have had at least three today where the gold was 41k - not sure why but must be an RNG thing? I dont really need much else in the game as I have a lot of upgrade stuff in the bank so for gold I go here each time. Those tallies also do add a bit on the gunner side of them - think it is 65k or so each - the greens not so much but decent too compared to Powerslave and AMOLD/NotB.

Too lazy to work it all out to the extreme but NC does seem to be the best for gold if levelling up just Eddies.

Muzzleloader
04-11-2019, 02:44 PM
The postings of help by muzzleloader is by muzzleloader. If there are any questions or comments of recent play it is my nephew playing my account. I am still coaching him how to play, especially gauntlet where he gets his butt kicked.

I am trying to give back to the forum that was so readily available to myself when starting out on this long strange journey.

kgk56
04-11-2019, 02:54 PM
I am still coaching him how to play

Anyway nice coaching, I don't even remember last time I could beat you (both) :)

Muzzleloader
04-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Just use the same team as my defense, my setup gets beat all the time.

kgk56
04-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Just use the same team as my defense, my setup gets beat all the time.

I tried many setup ... actually I'm using the Edsel one

Natasmai
04-11-2019, 03:42 PM
For further reference, I just ran 120 SoT (plus whatever you generate while running) through Words of Warning. I didnt keep track of total runs or anything, it was on auto while I worked. I lost 3 times but I have included an extra 78k gold as compensation for proper results (approx 26k per run) assuming you wouldnt fail with the correct team. My team was FFE, KP, Ferryman. Sleep seems to be an issue, perhaps an anti-sleep character would be helpful, maybe even witchdoctor, instead of Ferryman...

Anyway, here are my results:

I started with 16.54M gold
Including the 78k add I would have ended at 17.01M gold or an increase of 470k
I then sold the 4* talismans I dropped (only 2 which is actually a bit low) for another 135,324 gold

I would expect approx 670k gold per 120 SoT assuming you sell all talisman and assuming average (3) talisman drops.

Oh and my average time per run is 1:30 best time is 1:07 with this team.

scott-5496
04-11-2019, 05:28 PM
I did the same thng this afternoon on the same level.

Results ( I ran it at 1 speed to maximise any extra SoT that might drop:

528K gold
4* talismans sold (3 gunner) for (I think) 67k each = 201k gold so a combined total of 729k gold

I think this is a little higher than average for me so there must have been a few of those higher gold drops (I saw 1 at 41k but assume there must have been maybe another 2).

The way I farm is to set it up before going to sleep. When I wake up the sands have filled and I run it again. Once it fills again I run it agin until Troopers are done. Non Eddie troopers get done in the quests each day. Rinse and repaet until the sleep time again. I try not to lose any sands - I do of course but if I can I farm a few times day when non-event time.

Yup
04-11-2019, 05:43 PM
Problem lately for me.. is auto-play is crashing the game. I have yet to run a full SOT where the game does NOT crash around 60SOT left. So the whole "auto-play while sleeping" won't work for me until they fix this issue. I start it, but I know it'll crash so there's no sense refilling SOT first.

Ip4
04-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Yup my game also crash often on autoplay on 3x speed specially when playing dungeons and LOL events,i am using ipad mini 2 maybe that's the reason...

Yup
04-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Maybe.. I'm on an iPad air 2nd gen. IOS12.2 (or whatever the latest version is.. it just updated Tuesday, still crashes)

Ip4
04-11-2019, 06:21 PM
your ipad is double better than mine,crash must not happened on your ipad...

Natasmai
04-11-2019, 06:46 PM
For further reference, I just ran 120 SoT (plus whatever you generate while running) through Words of Warning. I didnt keep track of total runs or anything, it was on auto while I worked. I lost 3 times but I have included an extra 78k gold as compensation for proper results (approx 26k per run) assuming you wouldnt fail with the correct team. My team was FFE, KP, Ferryman. Sleep seems to be an issue, perhaps an anti-sleep character would be helpful, maybe even witchdoctor, instead of Ferryman...

Anyway, here are my results:

I started with 16.54M gold
Including the 78k add I would have ended at 17.01M gold or an increase of 470k
I then sold the 4* talismans I dropped (only 2 which is actually a bit low) for another 135,324 gold

I would expect approx 670k gold per 120 SoT assuming you sell all talisman and assuming average (3) talisman drops.

Oh and my average time per run is 1:30 best time is 1:07 with this team.

I've changed my team and it seems way more reliable...

I'm now using Good Ol' Benny with Angels plus FFE and gunner krampus (Alchemy)

Im SURE alchemy talisman is making it way better, probably could use any toon with them. Not sure if Benny is better, but he is doing a ton of damage and his rez is a nice safety net.

Liu
04-12-2019, 07:00 AM
I'm running xander with dominance/tower. Having a ferryman and red valkyrie tagging along to level them. I'm not sure if xander can solo it (didn't try yet), but xander/ferryman team hasn't failed even once so far.

I think in terms of 3* evo runes notb is better, however i want some more nightmares. I find 8 sot quite expensive, if you want to run all of your troopers you defo need to buy refills.

scott-5496
04-12-2019, 09:02 AM
I am using Hallowed, KP and Magus Lilith on Words of Warning and it seems to be 99% solid - I get the very odd defeat but hardly any at all.

I am lucky in that I can farm all day long if I want to so it works for me and how I farm. My kids stick to Powerslave as they dont have the relics and characters yet and are always levelling up characters as they still get a lot of new characters to level. They sometimes do AMOLAD as well once the levelled characters are at 5 star and have decent talisman - they also need the 3 star evo runes so that works for them too.

Esquatcho
04-13-2019, 09:57 AM
I am using Hallowed, KP and Magus Lilith on Words of Warning and it seems to be 99% solid - I get the very odd defeat but hardly any at all.

I am lucky in that I can farm all day long if I want to so it works for me and how I farm. My kids stick to Powerslave as they dont have the relics and characters yet and are always levelling up characters as they still get a lot of new characters to level. They sometimes do AMOLAD as well once the levelled characters are at 5 star and have decent talisman - they also need the 3 star evo runes so that works for them too.

Whats the talis on your hallowed/kp/magus team? And why hallowed as opposed to FFE or any others?

Muzzleloader
04-15-2019, 01:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone is keeping track of ironite drops in NC. I played over 70 battles of Words of Warning madness and only earned 8 ironite. If playing powerslave I on average would have earned 60 ironite. The gold is definetly in NC, but would be unable to save ironite for events.

mikus666
04-22-2019, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=scott-5496;96955]I did the same thng this afternoon on the same level.

Results ( I ran it at 1 speed to maximise any extra SoT that might drop:)

Is there really a difference between 3x speed vs 1x speed for ironite drops??