PDA

View Full Version : Where’s Sparton?

RobG-9641
06-21-2018, 04:05 AM
New event posted by LOTB-MIA as in missing in action... Where’s Sparton? Sparton (and Kaz, and Leviathan, and Lexi) us players are passionate fans of Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden the band for decades have set the bar very high for music, artwork, live shows... So we as fans expect that level of excellence in everything Iron Maiden related. Iron Maiden formed before cellphone & iPads were even invented, so to be fair, technology isn’t perfect. Game bugs happen. Content isn’t developed and released fast enough. Understood. Some of us can be harsh on you as developers, but understand it’s out of passion for the best... Our comments can be rough at times, but only to motivate you to deliver the best game the best band deserves. That said, hopefully Sparton is still part of the team. Wouldn’t blame him for taking a break from the forum & comments. But let us know Sparton is ok. As mean as some people can be, no one really wishes any ill will against the developers...

Sick
06-21-2018, 04:39 AM
Probably Slauki took Sparton with him when he left.

FarmerEddie
06-21-2018, 12:50 PM
Showing as 11 days inactive in my trooper list. Hopefully it's just a long break from anything LotB related for him and nothing more permanent.

Sick
06-21-2018, 01:01 PM
Showing as 11 days inactive in my trooper list. Hopefully it's just a long break from anything LotB related for him and nothing more permanent.

Hmmm... 11 days. So, when he dissapeared PVP collapsed.

Kaz_LOTB
06-21-2018, 02:37 PM
New event posted by LOTB-MIA as in missing in action... Where’s Sparton? Sparton (and Kaz, and Leviathan, and Lexi) us players are passionate fans of Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden the band for decades have set the bar very high for music, artwork, live shows... So we as fans expect that level of excellence in everything Iron Maiden related. Iron Maiden formed before cellphone & iPads were even invented, so to be fair, technology isn’t perfect. Game bugs happen. Content isn’t developed and released fast enough. Understood. Some of us can be harsh on you as developers, but understand it’s out of passion for the best... Our comments can be rough at times, but only to motivate you to deliver the best game the best band deserves. That said, hopefully Sparton is still part of the team. Wouldn’t blame him for taking a break from the forum & comments. But let us know Sparton is ok. As mean as some people can be, no one really wishes any ill will against the developers...

Thanks for your consideration :)

Don't worry, we're all still here. Sparton is currently busy working on Guilds and some other important features, so has a little less time to spend on the forum atm, hence why the workload of posting and updating here is being spread out a bit more to the team. Leviathan will be the main point of contact right now, myself and others will hop in to provide more info as needed.

As I mentioned a little while ago, we've generally had to take a step away to focus on some of the larger features coming down the pipe, such as the Gauntlet, as they are getting closer to release and require a lot of effort and resources to wrap up. You should see an uptick in our presence in the forums after we start getting more of these big features out.

-Kaz

scott-5496
06-21-2018, 02:58 PM
Good to hear all is going well and that Sparton is OK.

Cheers Kaz.

edsel
06-21-2018, 05:17 PM
This is welcome news to many of us loyal fans. Many legendary players have gone to another game, but diehards like me are in this because of the great game and Maiden lore that is in my blood. So it freezes and I force stop the app once in a while, I will take this over staring at captain America and wonder woman any day. I grew up with Maiden, partying hard and drag racing my 65 nova blasting Powerslave in the 80s. Dungeon crawl hack and slash junkie since Dungeons & Dragons rolling 20 sided dice for rng, then on videogames with the Gauntlet in mid 80s. This product encompasses so much of who I am, thank you guys for making it happen.

Stormseye
06-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Good to hear, had to drop Sparton from trooper lists though cause I need my dailies lol

TheAlbatross-1864
06-21-2018, 11:14 PM
What are the guilds in which you speak of? In Legacy of the Beast?

P.s. sparton, hope all is well

Nicko
06-23-2018, 02:00 PM

I will say the rumors are flying...

Shaolin85london
06-25-2018, 10:25 AM

I will say the rumors are flying...
I fear they sucked him...

hold
06-25-2018, 10:55 AM
I fear they sucked him...

Cutting jobs because of not enough business due to outrageous quality? First signs of the closing doors?

Sick
06-25-2018, 11:00 AM
I guess they did. When he said that NF is making money on releasing new characters and not on releasing new content, he probably made NF's strategy public. To me his latest posts showed a high level of frustration. Maybe he has just quit.

Kaz_LOTB
06-25-2018, 02:09 PM
Conspiracy theories abound :)

His account got into a weird state a few weeks back and he ended up losing it for a while. As far as I know, it got fixed last week so maybe he's been back on since then? Not sure.

-Kaz

Ubajoa
06-25-2018, 02:27 PM
Kaz, thank you for your reply. We all are worried for Sparton, but Im absolutely sure we all want to hear anything about the empty lists bug please. Give us any info about it PLEASE.

Kaz_LOTB
06-25-2018, 02:34 PM
Kaz, thank you for your reply. We all are worried for Sparton, but Im absolutely sure we all want to hear anything about the empty lists bug please. Give us any info about it PLEASE.

As far as I know, the issue has been fixed, but it is tied to a client update. Unfortunately, I don't think that we will be able to get it out during the course of this event. LOTB_Mia or Leviathan should have some more concrete updates sometime this week about it.

-Kaz

Sick
06-25-2018, 03:18 PM
Conspiracy theories abound :)

His account got into a weird state a few weeks back and he ended up losing it for a while. As far as I know, it got fixed last week so maybe he's been back on since then? Not sure.

-Kaz

Which account is not in a weird state?

surfingwithdje
07-13-2018, 10:08 AM
Any news about Sparton ? He didn't logged in the game since more than 1 month (33 days atm) ?

Sick
07-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Conspiracy theories around again?

Kaz_LOTB
07-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Any news about Sparton ? He didn't logged in the game since more than 1 month (33 days atm) ?

His restored account name is different. If you still have him hanging around on your Trooper List, you'll want to kick him :p

-Kaz

Sponholz
07-13-2018, 02:30 PM
LOL Why don't Sparton himself take like 30 seconds from his coffee break, log in the forums and say "Hi I'm ok" still amuses me... (Always other persons giving excuses on his behalf sounds odd to me).

My Guess is that the development room is like a dungeon and he is chained there until he finishes whatever his working on.

Or he's out.

surfingwithdje
07-13-2018, 05:21 PM
His restored account name is different. If you still have him hanging around on your Trooper List, you'll want to kick him :p

-Kaz

Thank you for the answer, i was waiting to know before kick him (we were troopers since 2 years...).
Maybe he can send me a new request if he still wants to me as trooper...

Nicko
07-13-2018, 06:09 PM
LOL Why don't Sparton himself take like 30 seconds from his coffee break, log in the forums and say "Hi I'm ok" still amuses me... (Always other persons giving excuses on his behalf sounds odd to me).

My Guess is that the development room is like a dungeon and he is chained there until he finishes whatever his working on.

Or he's out.

My thoughts exactly - bizarre. It’s like the great and powerful Oz speaking for the man behind the curtain. Despite some of the heat around here there were a good number of us who appreciated his efforts and it’s weird he’s never been heard from. Conspiracy theories abound because there’s plenty of room for them...

The Educated fool
07-13-2018, 06:10 PM
My thoughts exactly - bizarre. It’s like the great and powerful Oz speaking for the man behind the curtain. Despite some of the heat around here there were a good number of us who appreciated his efforts and it’s weird he’s never been heard from. Conspiracy theories abound because there’s plenty of room for them...

And because they're more fun than most other games! :cool:

TheAlbatross-1864
07-13-2018, 08:05 PM
What if I told you, Sparton never actually existed at all, he was a fake account all along

The Educated fool
07-13-2018, 08:26 PM
What if I told you, Sparton never actually existed at all, he was a fake account all along

I always suspected that... Morpheus. ;-)

He's like Slash... a nice concept for kids to believe in. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp9Z-MALBiw

Mizrael
07-13-2018, 09:39 PM
“But...who was the bold headed guy on the photo of the LoTB team?!”
-One of our parents!
“And who took part on developing that 80s RPG?! (white knight?was it called?)?!”
-One of our parents

osiris0000
07-13-2018, 10:14 PM
Where is Sparton?? I know where he is. I saw him yesterday and took a photo rightaway. Here it is:

slauki
07-13-2018, 10:32 PM
kinda bad to let jofer have his last triumph over sparton, seems that this was his final strike.
damn i liked sparton, he was a nice guy

RIP dude

edsel
07-13-2018, 11:56 PM
Slauki, I thought you took Sparton over to MSF with you? Sure wish I had the Shit Dupe as my favicon,,,hope you are well Legendary Trooper

Sponholz
07-16-2018, 12:07 AM
Exclusive footage of the last time Sparton was seen @ NF headquarters fighting one of the game's bugs.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/441054269106552842/466757444891312139/noddingfrog-vs-bugs.gif

slauki
07-16-2018, 09:49 AM
Slauki, I thought you took Sparton over to MSF with you? Sure wish I had the Shit Dupe as my favicon,,,hope you are well Legendary Trooper

hey edsel, seems like sparton really changed to msf. there were a lot of fuckups recently and our running gag is that sparton changed to foxnext to fuck the other game up and make it a 2nd lotb. :D :D :D

everything fine here, thanks for asking. everytime i check the forum i hope there is a reason to come back, but cannot see anything new...aside new toons, talismans and effects. kinda lost with all the changes.

Lord Schmeb
07-16-2018, 11:38 PM
This is welcome news to many of us loyal fans. Many legendary players have gone to another game, but diehards like me are in this because of the great game and Maiden lore that is in my blood. So it freezes and I force stop the app once in a while, I will take this over staring at captain America and wonder woman any day. I grew up with Maiden, partying hard and drag racing my 65 nova blasting Powerslave in the 80s. Dungeon crawl hack and slash junkie since Dungeons & Dragons rolling 20 sided dice for rng, then on videogames with the Gauntlet in mid 80s. This product encompasses so much of who I am, thank you guys for making it happen.

Man. This.

Where is Sparton?? I know where he is. I saw him yesterday and took a photo rightaway. Here it is:

This thread is grossly underrated. Haha!