PDA

View Full Version : Cathedral of Heroes (Arena) - Featuring EXCLUSIVE Talismans!

Leviathan
06-24-2018, 12:04 AM
Grab Cathedral Souls, Heroic Soul Fragments, exclusive talismans, and more by achieving milestones in the Arena!

From now until June 30th, 5 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of wins in the Arena before the event is over:

Win 10 Arena battles: Cathedral Soul x2 + Heroic Soul Fragments x15 + Trap Talisman x1 + Shadow Talisman x1
Win 30 Arena battles: Skill Shard x1 + Heroic Soul Fragments x75 + Force Talisman x1 + Shadow Talisman x1
Win 75 Arena battles: Cathedral Soul x3 + Heroic Soul Fragments x15 + Trap Talisman x1 [FULL SET!] + Force Talisman x1
Win 150 Arena battles: Skill Shard x3 + Heroic Soul Fragments x75 + Force Talisman x1 [FULL SET!] + Shadow Talisman x1
Win 300 Arena battles: Cathedral Soul x5 + Heroic Soul Fragments x120 + Shadow Talisman x1 [FULL SET!]

Cathedral Souls are the event souls from earlier this month. These souls guarantee a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, with an increased chance of getting Beast Eddie!

In addition, there are stretch goal reward tiers for every 100 wins beyond 300 (to a max of 1000 wins), that gets you Cathedral Soul x5 + Trap Talisman x1 + Force Talisman x1 + Shadow Talisman x1 for each stretch goal achieved! However, if you reach the final stretch goal, you’ll receive additional talismans to make all talismans you earn from the event challenges full sets!

You’ll notice that many of the rewards from this event are talismans. Collect these powerful sets to gain an edge in the Arena (and elsewhere!) before they become available in the future:

Shadow Talismans are purple talismans with a 4 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to start battle with Vanish for 1 turn, and also to gain Vanish, Critical Strike Chance, and All Damage Charge if they have Perfect Hit active at the start of their turn!

Force Talismans are yellow talismans with a 3 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to start battle with a Force Shield for 2 turns, which will prevent the first 4 hits of damage that character would take!

Trap Talismans are purple talismans with a 2 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to start battle with a Trap stats, which Stuns and removes all beneficial effects from enemies that remove the status!

Finally, we have a series of tie-in promotional store items in the shop. If you find yourself short the wins to get to a tier that will finish a talisman set, you can buy a single copy of a desired talisman for Ironite, and if you’d like to get a full set of each talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an IAP.

Amarthir
06-24-2018, 12:11 AM
Tbh I thought I was gonna be in for something better. We've already had an event for Shadow Talismans and Trap and Force Talismans are rather obsolete nowadays.

T-Man
06-24-2018, 12:20 AM
An arena event with empty list?

Noventa
06-24-2018, 12:21 AM
Does defence wins count as wins?

Liebhild
06-24-2018, 01:13 AM
Wow, thank god, that the arena is bugfree at the moment.

Really good decision from NF-superbrains.

90mphyorker
06-24-2018, 01:50 AM
Bit of an underwhelming Arena event. No new Talismans, though I’ll be able to get a first set of Trap Talismans. Not that they are amazing. Ah well, an excuse to get more Iron Coins, Heroic Souls and Skill Shards. Would have preferred if you had put Ghost Talismans up instead. Stuck with an incomplete set.

Set my usual lone Eddie as my defence. Hope lots follow suit.

HuckFinn150
06-24-2018, 02:01 AM
I set my lone Eddie as well. I'm not working hard on this event, as I already have the talismans and don't use them ( don't have trap). I did get the souls from the 10 battles and funny as I was able to complete my first Grand sacrifice. I got Beast Eddie aces high, both dupes for me. It was fun seeing the prizes you get for it. I burnt a lot of souls. I'm going to work up to get the skill shards and call it a day. Keep knocking me down to keep my rank low. Have fun and Steamcerely, Ed

GrimDusk
06-24-2018, 04:06 AM
Shadow Talismans seem to be bugged. The "Perfect Hit" part of the passive doesn't seem to trigger when I use Rainmaker Eddie's "Rain" Power Move.

rags-6094
06-24-2018, 05:42 AM
Bit of an underwhelming Arena event. No new Talismans, though I’ll be able to get a first set of Trap Talismans. Not that they are amazing. Ah well, an excuse to get more Iron Coins, Heroic Souls and Skill Shards. Would have preferred if you had put Ghost Talismans up instead. Stuck with an incomplete set.

Set my usual lone Eddie as my defence. Hope lots follow suit.

I better not see the trap talisman on one of your toons in the arena anytime soon lol:D
And yes your not alone with the unfinished ghost talisman set.
I have set a lone Iron Eddie please take advantage of him.
Cheers!

90mphyorker
06-24-2018, 05:53 AM
I better not see the trap talisman on one of your toons in the arena anytime soon lol:D
And yes your not alone with the unfinished ghost talisman set.
I have set a lone Iron Eddie please take advantage of him.
Cheers!

Can pretty mcih guarantee that won’t be happening anytime soon. They’ve never caused me any issues in the arena and with my current build I don’t see the need for them. Using Primordials and the chances they give to recieve Perfect Immunity, what’s the point in potentialy making Trap Talismans unstealable?

Kamuz24z
06-24-2018, 06:42 AM
Devs how I’m suppose to play the arena after 118 fights I have no one to attack empty list this issue is been around since the last update didn’t get fixed before the arena event and you guys decided to still continue with the event eventually we will have no one to attack I want to know your response about this issue if I were you I’ll hold the event until the issue is fix i don’t know the percentage of players that are getting the same bug but if this bug is in every account we won’t be able to go far

Rane
06-24-2018, 08:41 AM
At this moment i can't play the game...freeze at cosmos battle, server error on arena..

Edit: Little better now

Yup
06-24-2018, 09:23 AM
Shadow Talismans seem to be bugged. The "Perfect Hit" part of the passive doesn't seem to trigger when I use Rainmaker Eddie's "Rain" Power Move.

They've always been bugged... I mean requiring some other character to be present to trigger the talisman is just bad design. If it weren't for the prefect hit requirement, or if it was possible to put them on a toon which actually has a perfect hit passive, they might be a good set.

rags-6094
06-24-2018, 10:39 AM
Is it possible there is another toon with a passive or buff that offers perfect hit?
Or is there a talisman set We've forgotten about?
I must admit I was wondering what they meant by perfect hit....

Muzzleloader
06-24-2018, 11:20 AM
Assasin pyro soldiers passive gives perfect hits for 2 rounds, but you can't put them on him.

Ip4
06-24-2018, 11:27 AM
desert marauder passive?

Norwin616
06-24-2018, 11:42 AM
Advantage Talisman, Sentinel (Green)
2 set, 50% Chance to gain Class Advantage and Perfect Hit status for 1 turn on Perfect Hits
Brave New World, Garden of Life, Floors IV-X

kryton
06-24-2018, 02:31 PM
So lucky me,finish the tier 1 event reward,get the 2 Cathedral Souls and BAM first soul was Beast Eddie.

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY.

LOL I don't really have a lot of good characters so was pretty happy with this drop. RNG usually hates me.

Tim28213
06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Grats! That is indeed good fortune.

JustAFruit
06-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Cant run an arena event if you cant get into the arena 😐

Rane
06-24-2018, 04:03 PM
How the f*** to play arena when i get all day server errors?

HuckFinn150
06-24-2018, 04:24 PM
I can't play in the arena either.

Patrice-1201
06-24-2018, 04:25 PM
The servers really need an upgrade. Crashes every game so far...

JustAFruit
06-24-2018, 04:31 PM
I havent been able to even load the arena. Devs havent even said anything about how they fu ked us in the primordial talisman

R1ck
06-24-2018, 05:42 PM
Haven't seen an app or game with so many problems in years, it's a pity that Iron Maiden is involved.

Ip4
06-24-2018, 05:48 PM
maybe they preparing new Eddie,his name is "Server Bug Eddie"

HuckFinn150
06-24-2018, 06:34 PM
Someone please call terminex lol

Moonchild-6759
06-24-2018, 06:34 PM
How are we supposed to play this event with so many server errors?!?!?!?!

hold
06-24-2018, 06:43 PM
This is so pathetic that it's actually really funny ... what a bunch of incompetent noobs is running this shit show?

It really makes you wonder what the actual professions of those clowns are? Hairdresser that knows a bit of code from the neighbours kid (11), Carpenter that heard that computers are the future and he knows all about HTML (Hyper Thing Mega Language) ...

Ip4
06-24-2018, 07:10 PM
no rewards after first 10 arena win...

JustAFruit
06-24-2018, 07:16 PM
So i tried refreshing my fight listc3 times. Kept getting errors so it didnt go through. Reset the app and it took 30 ironite out. Bull shit. Marvel strike force is calling my name

Icarus
06-24-2018, 07:25 PM
You know the bugs are excited because...
Sacrifice events = SACRO8 time!
Challenge events = MACLI time!
Arena events = APMA time!

The devs love us guys, but the game hate us, i mean, is even better planned than the current events on the month.

Birkelstein-4509
06-24-2018, 07:44 PM
No rewards after 30 wins either. Sound fx cut out for a few pvp battles though. Returning immediately after restarting game due to AMPLO error

edsel
06-24-2018, 08:21 PM
Tbh I thought I was gonna be in for something better. We've already had an event for Shadow Talismans and Trap and Force Talismans are rather obsolete nowadays.

I was kinda hoping for Primordial talismans as reward, I only have 30 maxxed and 2 extra of these junk

140mannen
06-24-2018, 09:33 PM
cant play because of all the fu..ing bugs .and do you get extra time for the time limited events nooooooooo!!!!!!
I can understand that there may be some problems but come on!!!!

Muzzleloader
06-24-2018, 10:30 PM
If the list doesn't refresh the 1st time, back out of the arena screens. Then log back into the arena screen, it should refresh. If you keep trying to refresh if costs 10 irronite each time you try to refresh.

Chaosego888
06-24-2018, 11:00 PM
I got to 168 wins, after 139 started getting the partial lists, now the list is blank and likely will be for the rest of the week or until the next hotfix lets us fight 100 or so more... I'm getting the same APMA errors that everyone else is reporting. Switching back and forth between tabs, it takes about 2 minutes to get the next battle to load and it's usually a lone Eddie to fight... This is so damn stupid! Iron Maiden is out touring to promote a game that doesn't function properly. I hate to be just another voice screaming about incompetence but it's pretty obvious at this point... Would it really have been that damn hard to just reduce the sretch goals to something that is achievable if you're not going to fix your game?

rags-6094
06-25-2018, 03:24 AM
Oh well I'm game I just knocked off for the day, once the troopers have been done I'll give the arena another crack...
If it starts costing me ironite then is when I'll stop...

druid138
06-25-2018, 04:18 AM
The empty attack list issue for the top players is its own issue.

But, the general poor stability in the Arena (APMAs, slow loading times, etc.) seems to vary a lot throughout the day. In my case (pacific time zone), the Arena is quite stable from about 7 or 8pm until at least 1am. It's terribly unstable in the earlier parts of the day. Given this (and how my time zone relates to the rest of the world), it seems the issues are likely caused by player traffic exceeding server capacity. That being the case, I'm just going to try to focus my playing during those non-peak times. Good luck everyone!

rags-6094
06-25-2018, 05:16 AM
The empty attack list issue for the top players is its own issue.

But, the general poor stability in the Arena (APMAs, slow loading times, etc.) seems to vary a lot throughout the day. In my case (pacific time zone), the Arena is quite stable from about 7 or 8pm until at least 1am. It's terribly unstable in the earlier parts of the day. Given this (and how my time zone relates to the rest of the world), it seems the issues are likely caused by player traffic exceeding server capacity. That being the case, I'm just going to try to focus my playing during those non-peak times. Good luck everyone!

Yep I asked that question earlier today and I reckon your right, I am currently having no issues at all,got to be traffic!
Of course I'm on the other side of the world but here (3.15pm est ) it's quite good.
I had a thought though, if your PST time you must be close to the NF offices, why not pay them a little visit on behalf of the rest of us and find out exactly what the hell is going on!:mad:

Shaolin85london
06-25-2018, 06:31 AM
Is ridiculous players have to discuss about the bug issue that had taken over PvP in event thread. Besides speculation and ipothetic reasons why arena is so unstable, we don't have any clue what's going on. Devs we deserve some answers, don't u believe that?

Answer_V
06-25-2018, 02:19 PM
solving a problem with the arena or not today I was able to do just 7 battles or I can not run out of time because I just do not have

Symbiote
06-25-2018, 03:32 PM
The only GOOD thing in THIS Shit Bugs versus Bugs Arena Event is, that the rewards really suck.., i try to get my first Trap Talisman with 75 wins and this will it be.., i have the other ones.., since everything is bulwark again for the gunner set.., i really don't need this..
Good thing this time, because Arena Events sucks since they changed it to WINS and increased the wins to a fulltime job to get something.., 300 wins are really hard if you don't want to waste your reallife time.,
I'm losing more and more interest in this fucking shit Game (which i really loved) but with each Update it shows more and more how they DON'T care about anything..,

Bugs are totally normal.., but THEY don't just give a fuck and want money for this crap.., two things that aren't a good combination..,
Everytime excuses.., excuses.., did i say EXCUSES?

But again, i'm really happy, that i do not need anything from this rewards.., 75 should be fine.., :)
But it is really sad to see what happens here, especially because it is set in the Iron Maiden Universe (That's the only reason i wanted to play THIS game.., since i am more into PC games and hate smartphone games) and it started really really good..,

Edit: Oh man, maybe i was a bit harsh saying this.., had some hard times in RL and sometimes my brain is buggy too. ^^'
Maybe that's why i want Piece of Mind Eddie since he arrived this Game, especially he fits so good with my avatar too. :D
But what i said is what i feel at the moment, this Game got me through a lot of hard times in the last year and i really enjoyed to open it every day, even when i wasn't in that good mood, but looking forward now.
I really believe you.. we, can do this, if you do it with love and together with this great community! :)

And last but not least: Up the Irons! \m/

T-Man
06-25-2018, 09:39 PM
When I first looked at the rewards I though the cathedral souls were Nile souls. That would have been cool. Anyway, nothing for me to shoot for with this event. Good luck to those chasing these rewards. Arena is hard to play right now.

Ip4
06-27-2018, 12:31 PM
anyone know that can be next event eclipse over the cosmos?

scott-5496
06-27-2018, 12:49 PM
anyone know that can be next event eclipse over the cosmos?

I just hope that this comes out nice and clean with no bugs - I am just really worried with all the new players on board through the tour that they see what is going on and call it quits after such a massive push for the game by the band and their management. I am sure there will be many who do not notice these issues and I just hope that it does not scare the new blood away before they get a chance to get hooked!

On the next event I do wonder if it is Icarus - he flew too close to the sun so there is a small link there. Or it could be Ra who is the Egyptian Sun God and that would fit with the mega-event theme maybe?

Other than that I am really not sure what the reference might be.

Ip4
06-27-2018, 01:09 PM
thanks Scott :)

natasar
06-27-2018, 05:43 PM
No matter how much I reload today, I only get opponents from the top 20 on my attack list who I have no business winning against (just dropped out of the Top 50 myself). This is very annoying when there is an arena event going on and the only chance to get wins is when you are occasionally attacked by someone around your level and get a chance to revenge (only managed like 10 wins today).

Did not have this issue entering today, but for now more than ten hours there are the same people (with at least 1000 points more than me) over and over on my attack list.

HuckFinn150
06-27-2018, 09:25 PM
Where did the items to buy with gold go? I thought the event was all summer.

Yup
06-28-2018, 04:59 AM
Yeah I thought Nile souls would continue since they were so limited.. and then the characters available would change, like the Hero Souls do.

Guess I misunderstood what "month long" event meant.

Amarthir
06-28-2018, 06:40 AM
I heard "Summer long". Maybe they're just gonna throw out one God per month for 5 months?

rags-6094
06-28-2018, 08:24 AM
Yep I'd say that's the way forward, looks like one god per month, however It's a shame the released gods won't be released to normal souls or available for FC till the whole Shabang is over and done with...

And yes it's a bugger about the items we could by with gold I was just getting into a groove with farming gold and getting my daily Lilith shards..

rags-6094
06-28-2018, 08:30 AM
No matter how much I reload today, I only get opponents from the top 20 on my attack list who I have no business winning against (just dropped out of the Top 50 myself). This is very annoying when there is an arena event going on and the only chance to get wins is when you are occasionally attacked by someone around your level and get a chance to revenge (only managed like 10 wins today).

Did not have this issue entering today, but for now more than ten hours there are the same people (with at least 1000 points more than me) over and over on my attack list.

Have you reduced your defence team to help you drop down faster? It's not for everyone but it has made a significant difference to how many fights I can do per day, I think I have just over 20 something fights to manage the 300...
And other teams benefit too!
Just a thought...

natasar
06-28-2018, 09:07 AM
Have you reduced your defence team to help you drop down faster? It's not for everyone but it has made a significant difference to how many fights I can do per day, I think I have just over 20 something fights to manage the 300...
And other teams benefit too!
Just a thought...

Been running a single Eddie defense all week (except for a few hours when I was testing new defenses)...

Ip4
06-28-2018, 09:08 AM
one Eddie didn't help to go down,i have only few attacks on my defence per day :(

natasar
06-28-2018, 10:34 AM
one Eddie didn't help to go down,i have only few attacks on my defence per day :(

Yep, exactly.

magick2401
06-28-2018, 12:02 PM
I'd attack if it was set to one Eddie.... on my defense list, you have a full defense of VHE, AoF, prisoner, and W Lillith up..... :(

Blade
06-28-2018, 12:32 PM
I'd attack if it was set to one Eddie.... on my defense list, you have a full defense of VHE, AoF, prisoner, and W Lillith up..... :(

I can confirm this, IP4. I guess the first defense tab is the important one and the other 2 are just playgrounds, or?

I see funny defenses every once in a while and try to keep my revenge tab full of people with easy defenses. There have been times with higher participation in this, but I guess relics are the root of all evil there. I have my sandworms up, as always in these events. I like to help others and also I would not have a chance to get to 300 wins otherwise.
Still many freezes sadly and this can result in an APMA error when you try to fight that team again.

Cefiar
06-28-2018, 12:36 PM
I've set all three to single eddies, and specifically chosen Eddies I didn't shard.

From what I've seen, whatever tab is selected when you quit from "Managing defenses" is the one that gets used, but it could be a random choice tbh.

Ip4
06-28-2018, 01:06 PM
can you chack again?it must be only Cyborg Eddie

Blade
06-28-2018, 01:38 PM

Yes, I kicked your Cyborg (with Chance and Force Shield Talis...) right now.

Ip4
06-28-2018, 02:05 PM
cool :)

magick2401
06-28-2018, 04:41 PM

Thanks, Ip4! Did check again and attacked your Cyborg Eddie!

Enjoy kicking the crap out of my Edward the Great!

Woo hoo!!!!!

Blade
06-29-2018, 09:07 AM
The matchmaking is still a big problem. The first opponent on my list has 900 points more than me. Also after refresh. Will be hard to get the remaining ~65 wins (don't know exaclty, as I got the rewards for 150 wins after 153 wins) for the 300 against all the teams with loads of relics and pay-only-Talismans. This needs to be addressed soon. Not long ago you got ~2 players below your points, many in your range and again ~2 with (much) more points - this was ok. After refresh you got more players below you, as a "sanctioning" that you did not clear the list. Well, now we receive some more points for a win against players with similar points or even less then you have. This small shift was good as I think this should reduce the amount of attacks against the top ranked players. But if you do not get players within your range, this shift is pointless.

satchko
06-30-2018, 12:48 AM
Hey--big noob to the game here..only been playing a month or so. Just wondering what yall think about the trap talismans? I just got to 75 arena wins and I def wont be hitting 150 in the next 24 hours, but I have plenty of ironite to spend the 500 for the final 3rd piece of the trap talisman. Think I should get it or is it a waste of ironite? On one hand, I'm starting to get my first couple of god 5*, sharded up characters...but my talisman game is pretty shit. Don't have many good ones, so I figured I should probably shoot for these event talismans.

But on the otherhand, 500 ironite to complete one set of talisman I may/may not have a purpose for seems iffy...especially if these events come around often enough for me to complete the set next time. I just don't know the frequency of these events. I suppose if its gonna be quite a long time before they make these available again....Then I should go ahead and complete the set. Really wish I could have gotten to 150 then I could have got all 3 sets from the event...but oh well.

So, long text I know, sorry...but any tips? Thanks for reading this ;)

R1ck
06-30-2018, 12:58 AM
Trap talismans are 2 set, no need no spend your ironite.

HuckFinn150
06-30-2018, 01:20 AM
My current favorite talisman set is strike. I got the trap, but have yet to figure out who I want to have them. I also like the echo set I got for completing the garden of fear. I've found each has its ups and downs. I only stable about 27 yours characters, as I'm picking. I'd love to get my first Lilith and 7th son. When the gold for soul fragments ended so did my Lilith chances. Still, it's a great game and fun. I try not to sound real money and it seems it takes me longer to build. Enjoy the game and don't let it become a chore.