PDA

View Full Version : An Eclipse Over the Cosmos - Featuring a new 6-set Talisman!

LOTB_Mia
06-29-2018, 12:00 AM
Earn exclusive talismans and Nebu Fragments by clearing daunting challenges in the Cosmos!

From now until July 3rd, 5 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These challenges will encourage you to travel across the Cosmos to clear quests, and in some cases defeat certain bosses with additional restrictions:

Clear Cosmos Quests 5 Times: Nebu Fragments x5 + Cyborg Eddie Fragments x10
Clear Cosmos Quests 100 Times: Nebu Fragments x5 + Cyborg Eddie Fragments x30
Clear Cosmos Quests 275 Times: Nebu Fragments x10 + Cyborg Eddie Fragments x20
Clear Cosmos Quests 500 Times: Nebu Fragments x20 + Cyborg Eddie Fragments x40
Inflict Perfect Corruption on Goddess Aset in Garden of Aset (Madness) 100 Times: Eclipse Talismans x1 + Nebu Fragments x10
Inflict Accuracy Down on Corrupt General in Heart of Darkness (Madness) 100 Times: Eclipse Talismans x1 + Nebu Fragments x10
Inflict Time Bomb on Wrath in Beast’s Wrath (Madness) 100 Times: Eclipse Talismans x1 + Nebu Fragments x10
Clear Powerslave (Madness) 15 Times using only Magus characters. All must survive: Eclipse Talismans x1 + Nebu Fragments x10
Clear A Matter of Life and Death (Madness) 15 Times using only Sentinel characters. All must survive: Eclipse Talismans x1 + Nebu Fragments x10
Clear Number of the Beast (Madness) 15 Times using only Assassin characters. All must survive: Eclipse Talismans x1 + Nebu Fragments x10

The primary reward for the 6 hardest challenges is a new 6-set talisman, which makes its exclusive debut in this event!

Eclipse Talismans are purple talismans with a 6 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to get Shroud for the duration of the battle, which converts all damage taken to a fraction of your MAX HP and makes you Immune to Reduce MAX HP effects!

The second kind of reward that that you can obtain is Nebu Fragments. Save up a total of 500 across this and other events to be able to directly purchase your own God of Powerslave! You can find out more about Nebu Fragments and the Gods of Powerslave in its Mega-Event thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10310-Gods-of-Powerslave-Mega-Event-Info-and-Discussion).

Amarthir
06-29-2018, 01:14 AM
Very cool talisman set. It racks up a character's damage output to a very high amount without sacrificing survivability, and yet it's still pretty easily countered with many teams. I can't wait till the update to try them out on a new and improved Rainmaker Eddie. He's gonna be a real killer.

Fudjo
06-29-2018, 02:29 AM
If you're looking to Lower Accuracy on the Corrupt General, here's your Super Awesome Go Team:

Fear of the Dark Eddie (standard attack)
Blue Bat (standard attack)
Crimson Pharaoh Dog (passive)

kkkreg5
06-29-2018, 02:31 AM
Was starting to think no one cared...

Alvorada
06-29-2018, 03:44 AM
Someone can confirm if shroud is a gold or blue buff?

Yup
06-29-2018, 03:45 AM
If you're looking to Lower Accuracy on the Corrupt General, here's your Super Awesome Go Team:

Fear of the Dark Eddie (standard attack)
Blue Bat (standard attack)
Crimson Pharaoh Dog (passive)

Coalgiver Eddie as well - both Fury and Present Basic (Iceball) -- One of the first viable uses for Coalgiver I've found. I actually prefer him over FotD here.. but FotD is better for the Corruption on Asset.

MetalKing
06-29-2018, 04:16 AM
Fotd lowers accuracy and also gives perfect corruption. Add blue chopper and killers bird Eddie to attack Aset.

Yup
06-29-2018, 04:37 AM
Actually I'm running the Asset mission with only FotD.. Desiccate on first 2 battles (1 hit kills all opponents) then Spread Terror on Asset, and Desiccate to kill her.

Using the other two slots just to level up random toons. :)

Can't run it on auto anyway because there's no guarantee Asset gets Perfect Corruption before she dies.

Amarthir
06-29-2018, 05:08 AM
Someone can confirm if shroud is a gold or blue buff?

It's a gold buff. A rather impressive one too. Give them to someone and pair them with Green Lillith and they never had a chance.

rags-6094
06-29-2018, 05:32 AM
Actually I'm running the Asset mission with only FotD.. Desiccate on first 2 battles (1 hit kills all opponents) then Spread Terror on Asset, and Desiccate to kill her.

Using the other two slots just to level up random toons. :)

Can't run it on auto anyway because there's no guarantee Asset gets Perfect Corruption before she dies.

Best way to inflict perfect corruption on Goddess Aset repeatedly is FOTDEddie, I need the shards or I wouldn't bother!
Bloody tiresome stuff playing this manually, only saving grace is you can inflict it 3 or 4 times in one game play..

If anyone needs a FOTD Eddie to complete the challenge send me a hoy hoy I'll change my Eddie over!

Fudjo
06-29-2018, 05:38 AM
Best way to inflict perfect corruption on Goddess Aset repeatedly is FOTDEddie

Plus an Axis Bomber Boy to boost FOTD's accuracy!

rags-6094
06-29-2018, 05:42 AM
Actually I have managed to inflict Perfect corruption 6 to 7 times per game.
Nearly done now...
I suppose if you removed a few talisman you might achieve more times per game..

rags-6094
06-29-2018, 05:44 AM
Plus an Axis Bomber Boy to boost FOTD's accuracy!

I am not sure I understand what you mean? I haven't seen him ever miss causing PC?

rags-6094
06-29-2018, 05:56 AM
Perfect corruption challenge completed, is "Accuracy Down" the same as "Lower Accuracy" as stated on basic blue bat ability?
I'm pretty sure it is, in which case why can't they use the same terminology on all challenges and character descriptions?
Just gives me a mild dose of confusion...

Ok Fudjo I'll give your team combo a crack! Can I farm that on auto?

Fudjo
06-29-2018, 05:58 AM
I am not sure I understand what you mean? I haven't seen him ever miss causing PC?

It increases the chance of FOTD getting an extra turn after inflicting PC.

Fudjo
06-29-2018, 06:01 AM
Perfect corruption challenge completed, is "Accuracy Down" the same as "Lower Accuracy" as stated on basic blue bat ability?
I'm pretty sure it is, in which case why can't they use the same terminology on all challenges and character descriptions?
Just gives me a mild dose of confusion...

Ok Fudjo I'll give your team combo a crack! Can I farm that on auto?

Yeah, the basic Blue Bat ability counts for the challenge. I think "Accuracy Down" and "Lower Accuracy" are interchangeable terms.

As for farming on auto, it'll certainly be a lot less efficient as they won't always use the right abilities when fighting the Corrupt General. The Crimson Pharaoh Dog will automatically score it once with its passive, though.

rags-6094
06-29-2018, 06:06 AM
The Bat will inflict Lower accuracy as a passive but I didn't bother to check crimson dog I just trusted you, I don't even know why he's in the team, does he do lower accuracy to does he?

Fudjo
06-29-2018, 06:27 AM
The Bat will inflict Lower accuracy as a passive but I didn't bother to check crimson dog I just trusted you, I don't even know why he's in the team, does he do lower accuracy to does he?

Blue Bat lowers the duration of beneficial effects as a passive. Crimson Pharaoh Dog lowers accuracy as a passive.

rags-6094
06-29-2018, 06:41 AM
I think you better check your team Fudjo! I'm sure blue bat has a passive of lower accuracy.

Thinking about time bomb, I know Magis trickster has it, I think Iron Eddie has it too whom I recently acquired, but I have never used him, what are his odds of casting time bomb? Is this another case of playing manually?
Perhaps combine the pair of them?

Olevipoeg
06-29-2018, 06:49 AM
I put Echo talismans to FotD Eddie and added Gunner Child of the Damned for mana and managed to get 7-8 perfect corruption per run.

rags-6094
06-29-2018, 06:56 AM
I put Echo talismans to FotD Eddie and added Gunner Child of the Damned for mana and managed to get 7-8 perfect corruption per run.

That's really good thinking! I ended up averaging 7 per run once I got 10 PC's but I had to deliberately do late attacks and eventually I'd run out of power...

Patrice-1201
06-29-2018, 08:11 AM
This is typically the kind of event that I think most of us are completely fed up with... that Uber-Grinding concept is really annoying.

I hope we won't see much more of these Clear blah blah blah xx times with blah blah missions... This is pointless grinding and surely not done with new players in mind........

Blade
06-29-2018, 08:40 AM
This is typically the kind of event that I think most of us are completely fed up with... that Uber-Grinding concept is really annoying.

I hope we won't see much more of these Clear blah blah blah xx times with blah blah missions... This is pointless grinding and surely not done with new players in mind........

I have to disagree! I think these events are great and I would like to see more of those! Nice rewards and a good structure where you can either just grind stupidly or you put effort in it, to elaborate a good strategy and team setup so that you can finish the quests where you have to apply specific actions/buffs in very few runs. This might be even more important for newer players. I would like to see an addition like you get double rewards if you do it in less than 20 runs, tripple rewards for less than 10 runs... something like that (fictiional numbers)! This can also encourage you to tackle some chars and skill them to use the stockpiled skillshards for a reason.
...or for the buyers, just don't play anything, complain a lot and buy as much as you can...ridiculous but possible if you are desperate enough. So basically there is something for every type of player :)

Ip4
06-29-2018, 08:54 AM
this event is only good for players above 200 characters...

Cefiar
06-29-2018, 09:11 AM
The event wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't constantly freeze. I've had the game freeze up when I've killed Horus on Powerslave 3 times now (and been cheated of the win due to having to force-close), which doesn't help any. Fortunately that one's fairly easy. I'm just hoping it isn't as bad when I get to Wrath or Number of the Beast. :/

Olevipoeg
06-29-2018, 09:26 AM
Any thoughts how to clear Number of the Beast (Madness) 15 Times using only Assassin characters?

bfoc
06-29-2018, 09:32 AM
Fotd lowers accuracy and also gives perfect corruption. Add blue chopper and killers bird Eddie to attack Aset.

No. You can do Aset in one battle. Just use Navigator Eddie. Inflict corruption a couple of times. Then heal yourself while Aset heals herself. Rinse and repeat until you feel that 100 corruptions are there.

And a quick tip. You can survive the last mission f. ex. The Number wit assasin-team with reviving.

bfoc
06-29-2018, 09:33 AM
Any thoughts how to clear Number of the Beast (Madness) 15 Times using only Assassin characters?

Revive woks ��

Sick
06-29-2018, 10:50 AM
This is how you can clear Perfect Corruption on Aset in one single fight:

FotD w/o skill shards
Fully sharded 7S
any Eddie that heals

Use 7S Exorcise to kill the two assistants of Aset. She will not be able to revive them as 7S put permadeath on them. Now you can use FotD to put perfect corruption on Aset. Everytime FotD gets close to death, just heal him. You can continue this forever.

natasar
06-29-2018, 12:10 PM

Iron Eddie is a safe bet here. Just safe up some power and use his "Chose One" power move to grant Perfect Immortality to the whole team before the Beast turns to the assassin one. Been running Astra and ACR besides him. Running manually and no one has ever come close to dying.

Yup
06-29-2018, 01:30 PM
Blue bat lowers accuracy as it's basic move, not as a passive.

For Time Bomb.. Iron Ed, Assassin Lilith and Blue Trickster.

I'm running it n auto with IE and 2 Assassin Liliths. Goes pretty quick.

WarmthChecker
06-29-2018, 01:57 PM
New primordial talismans help with the perfect corruption challenge fairly well, and currently chipping away at the accuracy down challenge with Cyborg Eddie’s beam attack w/ Witch Doctor and Sentinel Valkyrie’s regular attacks.

Fister
06-30-2018, 01:23 AM
Iron Eddie is a safe bet here. Just safe up some power and use his "Chose One" power move to grant Perfect Immortality to the whole team before the Beast turns to the assassin one. Been running Astra and ACR besides him. Running manually and no one has ever come close to dying. When I checked IE's skill 'chosen one' it reads 50% chance of granting perfect immunity to the whole party, not immortality. You don't meen some other Eddie?

natasar
06-30-2018, 07:14 AM
When I checked IE's skill 'chosen one' it reads 50% chance of granting perfect immunity to the whole party, not immortality. You don't meen some other Eddie?

Sorry, my mistake. You are absolutely right. I actually meant Perfect Immunity, but just wrote the wrong term. ;) This will save your toons from all
the silver debuffs the Assassin Beast‘s fury puts on you.

Fister
06-30-2018, 10:08 AM
Okay. I will try this team then. TY ☺

Sick
06-30-2018, 12:37 PM

It worked pretty well for me too. Thanks for the tip.

Alvorada
06-30-2018, 05:36 PM
Blue bat lowers accuracy as it's basic move, not as a passive.

For Time Bomb.. Iron Ed, Assassin Lilith and Blue Trickster.

As I haven't Iron Eddie, the blue trickster was a great tip.

Thanks!

MetalKing
06-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Which character would be best for the new eclipse talismans: rainmaker, wrath, or other (please specify).

Ip4
06-30-2018, 07:09 PM
Death dog .

URock
07-01-2018, 07:34 AM
So it works better on Death Dog? I thought Rainmaker should be best to use on?

Ip4
07-01-2018, 09:01 AM
i just read devs info that this 3 characters are best for this talismans

Answer_V
07-01-2018, 11:44 AM
57 PC per game on aset
my team 2x 3*undead rescuer with energy talisman and Fotd with heal talisman

it was a long game:chladný:

Icarus
07-01-2018, 07:22 PM
I would like to hear some suggestions for the last mission, i have all the Assassins toons including Eddies, except Astra and Wrath.

Askora
07-01-2018, 07:41 PM
I would like to hear some suggestions for the last mission, i have all the Assassins toons including Eddies, except Astra and Wrath.

I used Iron Eddie, Assassin Lilith and ACR. Not the best combo, but it worked for me. Lilith with energy talis and use IE's PI skill a lot facing the beast along with his fury.

Coletrain
07-01-2018, 08:12 PM
I used Iron Eddie, Assassin Lilith, and Assassin Hellhound. I didn't see anyone mention the Hellhound, but that character does strong damage to The Beast and made it quicker to defeat him.

Icarus
07-02-2018, 12:07 AM
Im going to try some teams once i get to home, the help is apreciated guys.
I was going to buy Wrath, but i'll better save the coins for the Lilith i need in this month.

Grim
07-02-2018, 09:09 AM
I think I'll spend some ironite to get the last talisman of the set, I can't find a way to deal with Beast's fury with my toons, it's quite annoying.

Olevipoeg
07-02-2018, 09:56 AM
I think I'll spend some ironite to get the last talisman of the set, I can't find a way to deal with Beast's fury with my toons, it's quite annoying.
It's much cheaper to revive your party 15 times ( 10 ironite per revive )

Symbiote
07-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Mmh, i didn't do all the Missions..,
All these events are more and more stressful for me.., i do not have the time and losing the fun in doing this..,
But it isn't the first set i didn't complete. :D

I am still waiting for new content and i really hope, that if this arrives these event marathons will have an end.., and there will be some of the fun, back when i started this game..,

We will see.., but the daily extras and the double Trooper Badges are nice.

Ip4
07-03-2018, 07:07 PM
me too, stop trying first day of event,too many talismans...

Symbiote
07-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Yeah, i miss these times when i started playing in january 2017 when i bought my phone and was able to play this game...
And when i achieved the goal to get Grim Reaper Eddie (after some months of playing; the other one i really liked was my Fear of the Dark Eddie <3) i was sooooooooooo excited because of so many reasons.., :D
It was THE album of my youth when i evolved into the metal scene. xD (2005-2007 when i was 15-17)
And it has so many memories to this time..,
The feel it is a long time goal but you can achieve one day was great..,

I have to say this game has a lot nice new features and things i really like.., but at one point it loses the track that it is really fun to play..,
since all this events after events with so time consuming really hard grind thing and all the bugs.., i started more and more losing interest to play..,

I really hope that it will go a bit back to these days where we could play when we want without to think every day if i WANT this i have to PAY or waste my RL time to grind it like hell.., some events are real fun.., but most of them.., naaa i really don't like it..,

i hope that night city (when it isn't only a dream.... xD) will be a bit the feel of the times when i started playing.., we will see.. ^^

Mizrael
07-04-2018, 05:29 AM
OMG! i thought that there was 1 more day to go!

Left the “accuracy down” mission at 87/100 last night, thinking that i can easily finish it today,which would give me the 4th talisman and i would buy the other 2 with 500 ironite...
Silly me!!!

Leano
07-04-2018, 11:18 AM
That was the first of this kind of event i manage to achieve all goals without buying the last talisman. I'm quite happy with the difficult of this one.
But it feels like a bad set to put in any assassin. I don't have death dog and probably won't get it anytime soon, any other toon looks like we have better choices.

Blade
07-04-2018, 01:52 PM
This was the first time that I had to buy the 2 remaining talis with Ironite to complete the set, as I had too little time during the event. Especially as time bomb is a very rare thing if you neither have Iron Ed nor purple Lilith... Matchingly there was this offer of 300 Ironite for 2€. I think it would be fair to have this offer always during these kind of events. 2€ is something I would spend every once in a while, but not more. Otherwise I hope it won't be necessary for me in the future to use Ironite to complete the challenges again.