PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Talisman

rags-6094
06-29-2018, 10:31 PM
I have managed to complete the event for the 6 x set Eclipse Talisman, powered them up, and have put them on Astra.
I am contemplating using them on a character in the Arena next, I have discovered Alexander Eddie can steal them or remove them I think.
Beast can remove or transform some golden buffs but I don't think this is one of them.

Can anybody add some of their own experiences to the "in and outs" of this talisman set?

Yup
06-30-2018, 02:31 AM
Well, my thought.. since its a buff... which can be removed... the talismans are "meh" at best.

It's like the valor set.. only gives 6.6K HP boost and sure if the buff is active that 6K is fine. However, the instant the buff is removed you'll regret not having 12-20K HP boost from talismans.

Removal of yellow buffs is becoming pretty commonplace in PvP and not that much different than removal of blue buffs.

They should have made these talismans provide either 3K HP each, or split this difference to around 2.4K each.

Shaolin85london
06-30-2018, 04:52 AM
I have managed to complete the event for the 6 x set Eclipse Talisman, powered them up, and have put them on Astra.
I am contemplating using them on a character in the Arena next, I have discovered Alexander Eddie can steal them or remove them I think.
Beast can remove or transform some golden buffs but I don't think this is one of them.

Can anybody add some of their own experiences to the "in and outs" of this talisman set?

I got one set weared to astra and tried her in notb madness again beast Eddie and ass lilith along with. For what I can tell you, beast can't remove shred, and I was running in autoplay. It may be vision get the chance to remove it performing present basic skills. Didn't test it tho. Hope this helps 🤟

Amarthir
06-30-2018, 05:33 AM
The Talismans themselves are pretty great, they make glass cannons into cannon cannons. Like Rainmaker Eddie for example, these will be perfect for him especially when the update hits. Slap them on Vampire Hunter Eddie and you'll have an annoying SOB who's hard to kill and will keep reviving his teammates.

The only thing that might kill the mood for them is the fact that it's not a passive effect, but a buff.

rags-6094
06-30-2018, 06:07 AM
Well before trying them out on Astra I had serious doubts about their worth like Yup said, but in all my PVP play today I am relatively happy with them, in around 40 or 50 fights they were removed once, my problem with them is every second team has Prisoner in it and for reasons I don't understand his block passive seems to make them vunerable, considering it's not a passive this doesn't make sense to me.
If you have a set give them a try and see what I mean, maybe it's not him but rather another toon presence but I am relatively sure he stuffs it up.
I lost a lot of those fights b.t.w but in almost all Astra (who's normally dead first) was the last one standing...

rags-6094
06-30-2018, 07:42 AM
Update: I've advanced so damned high the only attack list it gives me is those 1000 points above me and from looking at my defence I.e those that have attacked me, all but one have a Prisoner in their ranks, and the new 6 x set are useless, prisoners first hit on Astra took her out in every team I tried.

Devs there's an issue with these eclipse talisman why are they behaving like a passive?

Yup
06-30-2018, 08:40 AM
Yeah I threw them on Rainmaker.... Can farm NotB Madness with GCotD and W Lilith that way.... Also works if they are on VHE.

Threw them on Beast Ed and... testing PVP.. they seem pointless for PvP, at least currently. Shroud is disabled quickly, even if The Prisoner isn't anywhere to be seen. I think the Primordials on the opposing team are disabling Shroud. I don't think it's The Prisoner specifically. When I was testing I didn't have Prisoner on the ATK team.. had Eclipse on D team.. no Shroud anywhere.

Kaz_LOTB
06-30-2018, 02:57 PM
...my problem with them is every second team has Prisoner in it and for reasons I don't understand his block passive seems to make them vunerable, considering it's not a passive this doesn't make sense to me.

When I was testing I didn't have Prisoner on the ATK team.. had Eclipse on D team.. no Shroud anywhere.

Well, that is definitely not intended. I've passed the info on to our QA team.

-Kaz

Tiger
06-30-2018, 04:51 PM
Yesterday I found a guy who had only Beast Eddie with Eclipse talisman on defense team. Alone without any other characters, and he almost beat my whole team!
I almost lost cause he was soo hard to kill, even 4 vs 1... No matter magic/physical or true damage - he was OP tough guy!

Is it normal?

rags-6094
06-30-2018, 07:50 PM
Well, that is definitely not intended. I've passed the info on to our QA team.

-Kaz

This is appreciated Kaz many Thanks but I would not intend to give you the wrong feedback, playing now I have realized Yup is right I played a team this morning with Prisoner in it and Astra (Eclipse Laden) stood her ground very well, it may have been the primordials or something to do with Gunner Lilith, I'll keep trying the talisman in different toons to give you some more thorough feedback, Cheers rags

rags-6094
06-30-2018, 07:59 PM
Another drop out right on the point of victory.... I wonder if at this point I was considered to have been the victor?

Yup
06-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Thought...... Since originally the Primordials used Shroud. I wonder if it's the Primordials on the SAME team that are disabling Shroud from the Eclipse talismans.

rags-6094
06-30-2018, 08:52 PM
Thought...... Since originally the Primordials used Shroud. I wonder if it's the Primordials on the SAME team that are disabling Shroud from the Eclipse talismans.

Yep the main negative buff that brings Eclipse talisman undone is perfect corruption...
Obviously I lost this one.... but the opposition had to go two more full rounds after this screen shot to take him out, I guess this concludes that on the right toon these talisman can be rather handy!

Moonchild-6759
06-30-2018, 09:14 PM
I Mighty have understood the talismans wrong. But is it intended that bleed and other sort of “damage at end of turn”-effects have no effect what so ever on chars with shroud? The simply ignore them.

rags-6094
06-30-2018, 10:22 PM
I Mighty have understood the talismans wrong. But is it intended that bleed and other sort of “damage at end of turn”-effects have no effect what so ever on chars with shroud? The simply ignore them.

That's a very good question! I was quite surprised at how long a usually easy kill in Wrath took them to achieve...
I haven't found it yet but I bet there's a toon that these talisman were born to be on!
Astra? Meh..
Wrath? Meh but ok..
VHE???

Metalreaper13
07-10-2018, 11:32 AM
So as an update on eclipse talisman on beast Eddie, they’re a decent fit. I’m looking at 3,100 attack and magic stat, and dealing usually a minimum of 7-8k damage on everything, now, imagine if he were a true attacker, ignoring enemy defense and magic resistance 😇. Plus shroud definitely helps extend his life now, every hit is hitting him for just under 1k per shot, so multi hitters are your best bet, astra, Magis valkarie, etc

Ip4
07-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Magus Chopper is really killer for this talismans
found him on 235 wins in 5 souls :)