PDA

View Full Version : Extra Turn bug - game team is working on a max limit for extra turns

shaunvis
08-23-2016, 11:05 AM
Any ETA on fixing this?

I thought it was bad enough on Battlefield when the Axis team gets half a dozen extra turns. But when the lvl 10 Lord of Light (red) gets over a dozen turns and wipes your entire party, it's a bit absurd.

I got one turn, then sat and watched as the LoL just hit each of my team member over, and over, and over, and over, and over....

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 11:08 AM
I don't think it's a bug. It's supposed to be that way.

Did Devs ever say it was?

Dutch
08-23-2016, 11:10 AM
he doesnt hit hard tho, so use all health talismans on your eddie if u have too

Heavy1974
08-23-2016, 11:21 AM
You have a blue allied soldier ? maybe as a trooper ? He kills himself then lol

shaunvis
08-23-2016, 11:30 AM
he doesnt hit hard tho, so use all health talismans on your eddie if u have too

True, he doesn't hit that hard. But he literally hits until you're wiped out. You get one turn, the first round, and then it's a loop until you're dead.

Dutch
08-23-2016, 11:31 AM
how is your team set up as i havent got that issue

shaunvis
08-23-2016, 11:38 AM
You have a blue allied soldier ? maybe as a trooper ? He kills himself then lol

Yes, it seems to be a loop created by the blue allied's "Reflect All". Still, it shouldn't happen.

I'm no programmer, but come on guys. It's gotta be something like this.
var extraTurnCount = 0,
var extraTurnActive = yes
if extraTurnLands then extraTurnCount +1
if extraTurnCount = 1 then if extraTurnActive = no

Simply put, a character should only gain an extra turn one time per round.

Dutch
08-23-2016, 11:40 AM
just replace the tin head

shaunvis
08-23-2016, 11:45 AM
Changing your gameplay to work around bugs is not a solution. The game should be fixed

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 11:45 AM
This is not a bug!

Every time he gets damaged he has a chance to get a free turn. Your shield keeps damaging him and he keeps getting a chance to gain an extra turn.

I know it's frustrating. But it's not supposed to be easy!!!

shaunvis
08-23-2016, 11:50 AM
I know what's happening. As I said, a character should only get an extra turn once per round.

Not being able to use your abilities because it causes an infinite loop is a bug, not expected behavior.

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 11:51 AM
That's were you are wrong... It's not infinite.

Dutch
08-23-2016, 11:57 AM
'Every week, the Lord of Light Dungeon will be available for five days. Every day the Lord of Light dungeon will change class, presenting a new challenge, requiring varied strategies, and offering new rewards specific to that class'.

Tin head is not a good ally to have during this dungeon, so just change up your team, it has a high chance of an extra turn when it gets damaged, so reflect shields obviously play a big part with this skill

PerthEddie
08-23-2016, 12:17 PM
I am using a Blue soldier with reflect shield and it hasn't happened to me (yet!!) where he has infinite looped extra turn. He has had the odd round where he has ended up with a lot of extra turns but it has eventually stopped.

OpticSugar
08-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Then the RNG rolled in your favor.

By definition of the word 'random' - there exists the possibility of what appears to be 'infinite' dreams... errrr, I mean turns.

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 12:49 PM
I just played 3 runs with reflect shields and confirmed it's not infinite.

Even is the chances of getting an extra turn are 99% it will eventually stop. That's probability, nothing random about it.

I think OP used the word infinite too lightly out of frustration. And it's totally understandable.

But if this were the case, we'd have a LOT more people complaining.

Jessiah
08-23-2016, 12:53 PM
This is not a bug!
Every time he gets damaged he has a chance to get a free turn. Your shield keeps damaging him and he keeps getting a chance to gain an extra turn.
I know it's frustrating. But it's not supposed to be easy!!!

Guess I have to be the contrarian here...
To those who are annoyed about this reflect>counter>reflect loop... combine reflect all (or another reflect shield) with the Heal Shield. The damage you take per hit will be reduced to plinking and the boss will literally spam himself to death (Even on level X).

Another solution on level X is to have a non-sentinel Eddie with decent defense and high (>25K) HP and good (>10K) HP allies to tank that reflect/counter loop-- allowing the boss to grind himself to dust.
(Yes this does work reliably-- My (32K HP) Solider Eddie still has over half his bar by the time the Red LoL cheeses himself to death.

OpticSugar
08-23-2016, 01:15 PM
I just played 3 runs with reflect shields and confirmed it's not infinite.

Even is the chances of getting an extra turn are 99% it will eventually stop. That's probability, nothing random about it.

I think OP used the word infinite too lightly out of frustration. And it's totally understandable.

But if this were the case, we'd have a LOT more people complaining.

You misinterpret what I said: By definition, the word random presents the possibility that you will get endless bad rolls. (that's why I said "what appears to be infinite"). It may be very unlikely, but the possibility does exist. The possibility also exists that you could flip a million coins and have them all land on tails.

I was also not implying that the percentage of probability changes, but there is still a random number generated within that probability.

(I'm on your side here)

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 01:21 PM
You misinterpret what I said: By definition, the word random presents the possibility that you will get endless bad rolls. (that's why I said "what appears to be infinite"). It may be very unlikely, but the possibility does exist. The possibility also exists that you could flip a million coins and have them all land on tails.

I was also not implying that the percentage of probability changes, but there is still a random number generated within that probability.

(I'm on your side here)

My bad, I did misinterpret your post. Sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys... let's be smart for one second.

The only way this boss could get INFINITE TURNS is if he had a 100% chance of getting an extra turn EVERY TIME he gets damaged. And that clearly is not the case.

I put this post on pause for a second because I had a theory, maybe the chance of getting free turns scaled with his fury bar, taking it to 100 when the bar was full. Since I finish the level to quickly and use an Alliance General I'm pretty sure he never got to get a full bar. I debunked this in 2 runs.

Again, it's just bad luck. He has no infinite free turns.

Either way...

Dutch
08-23-2016, 01:24 PM
i havent seen him cast his fury, his bar just remains full, not sure if you meant that with 'power bar'?

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Yeah. I ment fury, sorry.

PerthEddie
08-23-2016, 01:27 PM
i havent seen him cast his fury, his bar just remains full

Same here.

OpticSugar
08-23-2016, 01:28 PM
yeah, the fury meter must have some purpose... maybe it does increase his probability of free turns. That would present a cool strategy for keeping him in check.

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I edited my post as soon as I saw your response, my bad. Maybe you posted while I was still editing.

(also - technically there's no such thing as luck)

Oh!!!... You want to start a phylosophical debate? LOL

OpticSugar
08-23-2016, 01:44 PM
hahaha... all good! Yeah, I removed my last post once I saw that you misread... I figured you're a pretty smart guy and you probably just read it fast.

and yes, let's get phylosophical... luck is a human-made concept (much like time).
(hehe)

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 01:54 PM
hahaha... all good! Yeah, I removed my last post once I saw that you misread... I figured you're a pretty smart guy and you probably just read it fast.

and yes, let's get phylosophical... luck is a human-made concept (much like time).
(hehe)

I thought you were going to drop a bomb like.... What is love? (Baby don't hurt me) LOL

Enough with the off topic :P

OpticSugar
08-23-2016, 02:00 PM
I thought you were going to drop a bomb like.... What is love? (Baby don't hurt me) LOL

Enough with the off topic :P

LMFAO

"I'm having trouble beating the Lord of Love... he keeps healing my party and his party and everyone has full health all the time and nobody gets hurt!"

...great, now you got that song in my head! Thanks Gonzo!

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 02:03 PM
You made me spit my coffee all over my keyboard!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!1

shaunvis
08-23-2016, 04:12 PM
To clarify, I'm talking about level 10. It's not every time, but when it happens it IS infinite.

Infinite being I sat there and counted about 16-17 turns he took in a row, until my team was wiped. I can beat the level just fine normally. But when this bug creeps up, there's nothing at all you can do.

I'd say it happens maybe 1/3 of the time. Play level 10 a dozen times, you're bound to see it a couple of times.

On the bright side, it seems like they fixed a lot of other bugs this week.

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Shaunvis... I auto played the crap out of Dungeon X, I played at least 50 matches. This NEVER happened.

If you want to think that 15-17 turns is infinite... you know what? You are right.

3 experienced players told you you might be wrong about this, but you still keep saying it's infinite. It's ok. We are wrong.

Yeah! A lot of other bugs were fixed!!! Finally!!!

PsychoEddie
08-23-2016, 04:35 PM

(hehe)

Right, there's no such thing as luck or time outside of the persons 'mind' making up those concepts and pretending they are real.

And, of course, minds don't exist either :)

Vaseodin
08-23-2016, 05:25 PM
To clarify, I'm talking about level 10. It's not every time, but when it happens it IS infinite.

Infinite being I sat there and counted about 16-17 turns he took in a row, until my team was wiped. I can beat the level just fine normally. But when this bug creeps up, there's nothing at all you can do.

I'd say it happens maybe 1/3 of the time. Play level 10 a dozen times, you're bound to see it a couple of times.

On the bright side, it seems like they fixed a lot of other bugs this week.

It's never happened to me, and I've played the 10th dungeon over 30 times.

shaunvis
08-23-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm at work so I couldn't play more than one round, but here's what it looks like. This one actually broke and didn't go non-stop, but it still seems ridiculous.

https://vimeo.com/179930283

Aristo4
08-23-2016, 11:46 PM
I think your team lacks HP. What are your figures?

Got a 27k eddie, a 21k allied soldier, and they alone take all the heat with reflect shield while the boss is taking his 15+ turns, and eventually boss kills himself while I stay with half my HP

shaunvis
08-24-2016, 02:23 AM
Yea, I'm not quite there. I'm fighting the battle of not enough cash and not enough runes to upgrade talismans. That could be helped if I had some 3* shards to upgrade my toons but I'm having a hard time with that because of things like this, lol.

It seems like the dungeons are really only worth going through once and you get guaranteed shards. After the first time, they seem rare. So I figure I'll just go through them once and in a week or two I'll be able to start upgrading my guys. Which is fine because if I upgraded everyone in a week, there'd be nothing to do but wait for new levels.

This reflect issue just seems broken. It would be like a Golden Son reviving every time it got killed. Moves like that should be once per round or once per turn.

ConfusedGuru
08-24-2016, 05:12 AM
This issue has to be a bug! The Lord of Light has a passive that makes him counter when he gets attacked, the problem is that the game treats a reflect as an attack (which is ridicolous!) when it's just a...reflect. When this gets fixed the 'endless extra turns' won't be an issue.

Reflect upon that (pun intended). :)

Gonzo
08-24-2016, 05:17 AM
The Lord of Light has a passive that makes him counter when he gets attacked

No, the passive gives him a CHANCE to get a free turn when he gets damaged, or counters. We can't be sure because both texts appear at the same time.

OpticSugar
08-24-2016, 02:14 PM
Rather than whining about one of the difficult challenges of the game (and calling it a bug) - why not think of changing up your strategy to counter this hurdle? For instance: Do you have a Pharaoh Eddie? You could use his Fury "Slave to Death" ability that gives your whole party invincibility for three turns! Then try out a reflect shield and let the 'infinity' work in your favor! That's just one idea. I'm sure you can come up with more.

These dungeons were designed to encourage us to break out of our standard army composition/strategy and try out new combinations and techniques - and they do that very well. They are designed to be challenging, but there are always several counters to each challenge. Even if you don't possess the right Eddies/Allies - fact that you can use other people's 'troopers' really helps to embrace this idea. You can test-drive a good variety of very powerful characters daily.

As much of a grind this game can be, there is always the opportunity to use your brain and employ strategies FTW.

08-24-2016, 07:33 PM
When you have a blue allied soldier with the reflect shield active, it constantly have extra turns and wipe you out. I had experienced this issue yesterday more than one. After i realised this, i did not use the reflect shield and the extra turn ratio became normal, and i cleared the dungeon. So i think that there is a bug with extra turn when reflect shield of blue allied soldier is active.

maxdeviations
08-24-2016, 07:41 PM
the reflect + a high chance to get an extra turn was totally messing me up.. but i found a fix - using the games accuracy debuff glitch i can prevent him from hitting me / gaining an extra turn. i forget the character name but its the blue bat thingy that is super usefull in this.. since my toons are all 4* and not that great this helped me a lot. paise the lord of light ..cheers

OpticSugar
08-24-2016, 07:51 PM
Please read above in the thread. It is not a bug.

shaunvis
08-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Please read above in the thread. It is not a bug.

Did a dev say that?

shaunvis
08-24-2016, 08:25 PM
Again, for all the that have nothing better to do than mock and insult people. Calm your !

I'm not whining, I'm not having trouble finishing anything. I just came across this and it seems absurd and does NOT seem like intended gameplay.

Would it make sense for the Sons to revive EVERY time you kill them? No, it wouldn't. Neither does this.

OpticSugar
08-24-2016, 09:34 PM
In the end, my post was intended to be constructive and encourage people to think of these challenges as puzzles to be solved - intentionally placed by the developers, rather than complaining that the game is broken because they can't beat it. I think if this were in fact a bug we would have probably heard from a dev by now.

If I insulted anyone by the use of the word whining - then I am sorry. I didn't realize that anyone would take it so harshly.

maxdeviations
08-25-2016, 08:03 PM
wow .. that escalated quickly

Lamia
08-25-2016, 08:36 PM
To clear the air, the game team is aware and plans on putting a cap in place for Extra Turns. I don't have an ETA, but that is the plan.

Let's try to avoid insults and name-calling in the future, please.

Kaijester
08-25-2016, 11:22 PM
To clear the air, the game team is aware and plans on putting a cap in place for Extra Turns. I don't have an ETA, but that is the plan.

Let's try to avoid insults and name-calling in the future, please.

I hope they can cap or fix this issue with the Warrior Lord of Light only as other extra turns abilities are avoidable with shields and debuff.

Putting a low cap on extra turn will pretty much retire my Gunner Undead Allied Soldier(extra turn) and Sentinel Bomber
(accuracy buff).