PDA

View Full Version : AMPA event

edsel
07-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Many of us seem to be having major AMPA issues in PVP. One good suggestion is to get a dedicated server for the Arena? With this component being what keeps all the hi level players interested it's AMPA free performance should be a priority for NF to retain the player base.
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10310-Gods-of-Powerslave-Mega-Event-Info-and-Discussion

Peppoah
07-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Same shit, different day!

Sick
07-08-2018, 02:36 PM
And the worst thing is, that they don’t seem to care about it at all. They fucked up the last arena event and after just one week they start the next one. Good job APMA-Gods.

Tim28213
07-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Would one of the dev's be so kind as to chime in and give us an indication of what is happening and what is being reviewed to remedy the situation? Can we expect this for the duration of the event? Any information would be appreciated.

blade685
07-08-2018, 03:25 PM
perhaps in one day.....they are so fast

natasar
07-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Same here...

Liebhild
07-08-2018, 05:33 PM
"We are aware of this, thanks for reporting. But we don't give a shit."

Sidney
07-08-2018, 06:34 PM
I don't always test my code... but when I do, I make sure I test it in Production first! Really smart to release a change on a weekend when none of the people who should be fixing it are working. SMDH... some things never change...

Iced_Earth
07-08-2018, 06:46 PM
Now i cant even do cosmos games cause of endles loading time

Iced_Earth
07-08-2018, 06:49 PM
4715 what the fuuck? Did i miss smth?

LOTB_Mia
07-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Would one of the dev's be so kind as to chime in and give us an indication of what is happening and what is being reviewed to remedy the situation? Can we expect this for the duration of the event? Any information would be appreciated.

Hi All,

Our server team is working on the issues we're experiencing. We don't unfortunately have an ETA but as soon as we do we'll let you know. We're working round the clock to get you playing again.

- Mia \m/

WastingYears81
07-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Hi All,

Our server team is working on the issues we're experiencing. We don't unfortunately have an ETA but as soon as we do we'll let you know. We're working round the clock to get you playing again.

- Mia \m/

Hi Mia,

I don't usually chime in with bugs etc, but if recall correctly this is the same issue (or at least set of errors) that have occurred across the last 3 arena events.

I would suggest that either the events aspect needs to be reviewed before another one is launched (although I guess cancelling an event hits both the reputation and bottom line). Or, for the next few arena events, the wins needed could be reduced so as to offset the error impact (maybe 20% less from 75 onwards).

Patrice-1201
07-08-2018, 08:10 PM
Hi Mia,

I don't usually chime in with bugs etc, but if recall correctly this is the same issue (or at least set of errors) that have occurred across the last 3 arena events.

I would suggest that either the events aspect needs to be reviewed before another one is launched (although I guess cancelling an event hits both the reputation and bottom line). Or, for the next few arena events, the wins needed could be reduced so as to offset the error impact (maybe 20% less from 75 onwards).

Or maybe just upgrade the resources on the servers :-)

Fister
07-09-2018, 10:40 AM
Not just an APMA event. I've seen at least 3 more issues.
Lost a arena battle due to the old three-tap-button-gone-stare bug. And here is a new one. The player I lost to, revenged the attack, later I revenged back, and won ON TOP OF THE MAYAN TEMPLE!?!?
Not an hour ago I went back to cosmos from PS to enter the arena to refresh my attack list. The arena icon however was greyish. When pushing it I was notified that this feature would be available in an future update. SAY WHAT!?!? Closed the app, reloaded, and everything were back to 'normal'.

Cefiar
07-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Not just an APMA event. I've seen at least 3 more issues.
Lost a arena battle due to the old three-tap-button-gone-stare bug. And here is a new one. The player I lost to, revenged the attack, later I revenged back, and won ON TOP OF THE MAYAN TEMPLE!?!?
Not an hour ago I went back to cosmos from PS to enter the arena to refresh my attack list. The arena icon however was greyish. When pushing it I was notified that this feature would be available in an future update. SAY WHAT!?!? Closed the app, reloaded, and everything were back to 'normal'.

Yeah I've had that sort of issue many times over the last 3-4 weeks.

Lemmy
07-09-2018, 12:35 PM
4715 what the fuuck? Did i miss smth?

Never seen it.....WTF ??

Stormseye
07-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Server down? I keep getting httptheserverserviceunavailable

Kmadd69
07-09-2018, 03:14 PM
theres this bug that when you drop souls they don't register and then you have re drop the souls its freakin irritating! Anyone else experiencing this crap?

Stormseye
07-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Check out this one. I was able to switch characters during a PVP fight. Pulled from my farm group list while I was testing a build.

2Fast4Love
07-09-2018, 07:29 PM
On top of said errors i didnt get my rewards for my 75th arena win. Won 75 screen went back to attack list checked status said 74 wins. Won again checked status 76 wins....

HuckFinn150
07-09-2018, 09:58 PM
I never saw this, when was it?

Knut-3112
07-09-2018, 10:35 PM
Yes, errors and bugs everywhere. How are we supposed to win such amount of fights when there's constantly APMA or some other error showing up? Also, starting a new event when the previous one is still active is also a very BAD idea. Fortunately I have already completed all the cosmos fights, otherwise it would be even greater PITA having two events at once with limited time (and being unable to do one of them due to APMA's).

This is not a rant, this is reality. Please, do something about it.

Leviathan
07-10-2018, 12:01 AM
Yes, errors and bugs everywhere. How are we supposed to win such amount of fights when there's constantly APMA or some other error showing up? Also, starting a new event when the previous one is still active is also a very BAD idea. Fortunately I have already completed all the cosmos fights, otherwise it would be even greater PITA having two events at once with limited time (and being unable to do one of them due to APMA's).

This is not a rant, this is reality. Please, do something about it.

Hi everyone! We touched on the AMPA issues + some compensation in a new Announcement thread earlier this afternoon. Be sure to check it out: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10390-Recent-Server-Issues-Compensation!

Liebhild
07-10-2018, 12:37 AM
I still have an AMPA party

Cefiar
07-10-2018, 01:38 AM
Was working fine for a bit but I just hit the good ol' APMA1, followed by APMA8, then APMA1, then APMA8, then APMA10, then APMA1, then APMA1 (repeating till I quit/restart).

HuckFinn150
07-10-2018, 02:31 AM
Can we get the event extended a day for each day off ampa issues? I can't even log in.

Yup
07-10-2018, 02:34 AM
Seriously... 3 days later and still AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....AMPA1 ....

Get your shit together Naughty Frog.

Cefiar
07-10-2018, 02:53 AM
Seems to have resolved itself (for the moment) for me. Getting fast turnarounds at the end of PvP matches now.

Given the behaviour, this seems like a resource leak or similar, where it starts fast, but as the leaked resource builds up over time, things get slower and slower till it's at the point that things time out and eventually never respond in time to be useful.

Cefiar
07-10-2018, 12:28 PM
And seems to be back. Things slowly got slower during the day, with things taking longer to complete (ie: comms to the server on win/lose). If I was NF and looking into this, I'd be looking for some sort of resource leak that gets worse over time.

scott-5496
07-10-2018, 01:20 PM
The game, as others have said on all forums, is almost unplayable last few days. This has to be fixed on a PVP based event surely - you need to scrap the event at the moment and concentrate on fixing the game. This is getting to be a joke that is now really leaving a sour taste to my Maiden addiction, never mind my habit formed round doing this game every day.

What is going on that these cannot be fixed - I have never seen this kind of stuff going on in any other game I play ever, free to play or not. It is just APMA after APMA - I maybe get one or two battles and then it does APMA.

Devs you really need to consider just taking the whole thing off line for a day or two to really look at the issues - waste of time and money for you getting al these new players on-board, taking their early purchases and then giving them a game that is failing very badly on a a very basic level - this is not even a bug - it seems to be all server based if APMA is what we are all facing.

Please fix the game - the ironite is nice and all but I would much prefer a game that plays as it should. I have spent a lot on the game over the two years and expect a working game ot play for myinvestment....if I had not invested over the years I would be stopping playing I think.....more difficult to bin a game if you have paid in money.

Ip4
07-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone! We touched on the AMPA issues + some compensation in a new Announcement thread earlier this afternoon. Be sure to check it out: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10390-Recent-Server-Issues-Compensation!
can you tell us more about this AMPA errors and why there happend too much often?

scott-5496
07-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Not sure the devs have ever told us what all the different errors actually are. I think the APMA ones are to do with servers not working right. Not sure though!

natasar
07-10-2018, 04:10 PM
The game, as others have said on all forums, is almost unplayable last few days. This has to be fixed on a PVP based event surely - you need to scrap the event at the moment and concentrate on fixing the game. This is getting to be a joke that is now really leaving a sour taste to my Maiden addiction, never mind my habit formed round doing this game every day.

What is going on that these cannot be fixed - I have never seen this kind of stuff going on in any other game I play ever, free to play or not. It is just APMA after APMA - I maybe get one or two battles and then it does APMA.

Devs you really need to consider just taking the whole thing off line for a day or two to really look at the issues - waste of time and money for you getting al these new players on-board, taking their early purchases and then giving them a game that is failing very badly on a a very basic level - this is not even a bug - it seems to be all server based if APMA is what we are all facing.

Please fix the game - the ironite is nice and all but I would much prefer a game that plays as it should. I have spent a lot on the game over the two years and expect a working game ot play for myinvestment....if I had not invested over the years I would be stopping playing I think.....more difficult to bin a game if you have paid in money.

Totally agree. Fixing these issues should be priority number one - even before introducing new content, as will only get worse and worse with a more complex game. And thanks for the ironite too, but the errors still keep on coming on and on and on...

Banished
07-10-2018, 08:15 PM
i don't know for you but I cannot attack any of the player that defeated me. I have a cannot revenge. same for you ?

GotN
07-10-2018, 08:26 PM
i don't know for you but I cannot attack any of the player that defeated me. I have a cannot revenge. same for you ?

You are only able to do 20 revenges a day and to revenge the same player 2 times a day, otherwise it shows „cannot revenge“.

Banished
07-10-2018, 08:36 PM
You are only able to do 20 revenges a day and to revenge the same player 2 times a day, otherwise it shows „cannot revenge“.

txs a lot for the explanation. i thought it was another bug :-)

Cefiar
07-11-2018, 12:23 AM
Back to delays/errors between PvP battles again. Had a ~2 sec delay entering battle against someone, then roughly 20 sec delay at the end handing out the win, and now returning to the list I got an APMA8.

OdoyleRules
07-11-2018, 12:27 AM
Back to delays/errors between PvP battles again. Had a ~2 sec delay entering battle against someone, then roughly 20 sec delay at the end handing out the win, and now returning to the list I got an APMA8.

Pretty much the same thing here. The internet speed in Minnesota must of took a crap again. I should call my ISP and complain, but wait, I am streaming the Twins game and blaring Alestorm on YouTube as well. Internet; just fine.