PDA

View Full Version : Great PVE Eddies?

Truppe
07-09-2018, 12:55 AM
I'd like some help from the masters of the game. Which of these Eddies are good for PVE, the best at farming the Campaign, LoL and the Gardens? I have several eddies in line to power to 5*

i have:
Hallowed 5*
Carriage Rider 5*
Pharaoh 4*
Soldier 4*
Aces High 4*xxxxxxxxx
Speed of Light 4*
Holy Smokes 4*
Wickerman 4*
Mummy 3*
I'm trying to level up Eddies to get 5* of each class, so I'm not focused on pvp. Thanks!!!

Edit 28 July 18. Not Aces Eddie. Tailgunner Eddie 5*, no shards.

Yup
07-09-2018, 01:20 AM
Pharaoh is you best bet out of those.

Aces can be okay and so can SOL if you have Skill Shards applied.

Really GRE is better than all those in many cases. In my experience Hallowed, Carriage Rider, Holy Smokes, Wickerman, Mummy, and Soldier are all relatively worthless given their current abilities. The only time they are useful is if you need some specific ability for some specific achievement.

Ideally Navigator, Beast, Iron, Alex, and PoM are great farming Eddies for anywhere because they are multi-target hitters.

The Educated fool
07-09-2018, 01:58 AM
I would tend to agree with Yup: multi-hitters are the way to go, for farming. Personally, I find the team of SoL and Magus Undead Rescuer very effective for general farming duties. FOTD is another good choice, if you can snag him, as well as those Yup mentioned. Failing those though, Soldier is a solid multi-hitter at 5*s. I've never sharded mine, but I know a lot of folks did. In all though, of your choices, I'd definitely develop Speed of Light... he is, chronically, the most underrated Eddie in the game, in my humble opinion. Them's my two cents. :cool:

Truppe
07-09-2018, 06:58 AM
And i stopped developing SoL. I've really messed up this leveling. It's just a ton of info on the forums to follow and too many variables.... I have definitely observed of late the criticality of AOE in farming and my repetitive failures, hence my post....

Truppe
07-09-2018, 07:06 AM
Thank you both very much!!!! its so frustrating because i jumped from developing Pharaoh to sharding Soldier about amonth ago. I just wasted 8 shards in the last few weeks.... I got the sentinel pack with ironite yesterday and decided to use it for Pharaoh, who is now lvl 95. Should i switch my Trooper Eddie back to Pharaoh? Troopers have been using my CRE and Rainmaker, though.

Thanks again!

rags-6094
07-09-2018, 07:15 AM
Keep listening to the Educated Fool and Yup their both "Masters of the game" LOL:cool:
I say that in jest but if I had to fall on two guys to help me out on the sophistications of the game you couldn't be in better hands truthfully..
Good luck with it, if you need a hand getting through missions send me a trooper request.
Cheers rags

Cefiar
07-09-2018, 11:10 AM
For Aces I'd recommend Force and Strike Talismans if you got them. Not foolproof, but having a shield and also hitting back when you get hit (at least sometimes) definitely helps with a single hitter.

Grim
07-09-2018, 12:39 PM
The day you find navigator eddie the game become way easier, give him skill shard and chance talismans (for crit) and you won't use almost any other eddie for farming PVE.

Yup
07-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Angel and Strike work well on Aces too.

And I had forgotten about FotD Ed.. he can be a decent farming Eddie. Although I find him kinds of slow overall. Maybe it's me but his moves seems to take longer than average. Visions can also be a decent farming Eddie, especially in BNW. Although not quite as good as Navigator, Iron, Beast, PoM...

I actually have Soldier Ed almost fully sharded (one ability has zero shards because of the "random" application of skill shards, but all other abilities are full power). He's a decent single-target hitter, but just not up to farming really. At least for me.

Icarus
07-09-2018, 07:10 PM
I use Navigator almost for anything, when going to PvE i only switch them on Gardens or Event Challenges, like Rainmaker for GoD and Samurai for GoL.
Navigator is the way to go talking about farm, i see the Farming team as : Navigator, Magus Rescuer and AoF/GCotD.
I actually don't have the Rescuer because i didn't reach the needed things on his event, so im just looking for him now because is on common souls as other toons.
If you don't have Navigator just save some G/A souls from sacrifices or fragments, almost 10 or 20, then throw them one after another one expecting just for luck.

Before navigator and other Eddies i used to go with SoL which was my first Eddie, he is a little weak but all his attacks are for all the enemies, also his AI is decent.
That in combination with popular multihitters makes a good farming team, if you farm fast you don't need HP so you can go for full damage in maps that you trust. That until you get better characters to move throug more rewarded missions.

Thats what i did, i didn't have almost any of the Eddies i have now 5 months ago, i played with upgraded 3* and some 4* toons only, until the last events where i have pulled a lot of new toons.

Good luck

rags-6094
07-09-2018, 09:03 PM
I farm Powerslave on auto as recommended by my fellow troopers here, it was worked out a little while ago in the forums that per sands of time this is the most efficient way to farm for gold, NOTB is probably better if you can put together a team that won't fail against the beast, short of Alexander in your team I don't see how...

Navigator (when you get him) is my choice too, there would be others but I'm not too familiar with alternatives, FOTD is good too but like Yup said a bit slow on his moves, I choose to play one Ally beside Navigator thus leaving the other Ally spot open for troopers, I use Warrior Lilith, besides playing a third toon means the third toon never gets a look in anyway after Navigator and Lilith a finished with your foes....

Fudjo
07-10-2018, 04:23 AM
I'd like some help from the masters of the game. Which of these Eddies are good for PVE, the best at farming the Campaign, LoL and the Gardens? I have several eddies in line to power to 5*

i have:
Hallowed 5*
Carriage Rider 5*
Pharaoh 4*
Soldier 4*
Aces High 4*
Speed of Light 4*
Holy Smokes 4*
Wickerman 4*
Mummy 3*
I'm trying to level up Eddies to get 5* of each class, so I'm not focused on pvp. Thanks!!!

Heya! For general day-to-day farming and using all your Troopers, what you want is a team of AOE room-sweepers that can autoplay Powerslave Madness. Your Carriage Rider Eddie should be able to do that if you pair him up with another 5* toon with a good AOE attack.

For taking on the Gardens...oof...you're not getting close to the upper floors without a Golden Pharaoh Dog and an Eddie with a 6-hit Fury (Navigator, Tailgunner, Grim Reaper). You might be able to substitute the Golden Pharaoh Dog with a set of Destiny Talismans from the Trooper Store and a toon that gives you team Immunity or Cleanse.

To level up your Eddies and toons to 5*, you need to be able to take on the upper floors of the Lord of Light missions so you can get the 3* evo shards. The Green LOL is a creampuff so long as you have enough beefy Red toons. The tools to easily beat the other LOL missions are very toon-specific. What toons do you have in your roster?

Metalreaper13
07-10-2018, 04:55 AM

Really GRE is better than all those in many cases. In my experience Hallowed, Carriage Rider, Holy Smokes, Wickerman, Mummy, and Soldier are all relatively worthless given their current abilities. The only time they are useful is if you need some specific ability for some specific achievement.

Ideally Navigator, Beast, Iron, Alex, and PoM are great farming Eddies for anywhere because they are multi-target hitters.

7Son is actually pretty decent when it comes to single hitting basics, with the definite effects. His powers hit everyone, and he likes to use the move to give ascension and extra turn, which goes a long way for the other characters who get ascension. Then the fury as a backup in case something would’ve died.

Personally, I’ve been building an offensive team with eclipse on beast Eddie, I’m looking at 3,100 in attack and magic stats, so he likes to do a minimum of 7-8k damage in a single hit with no set up

Truppe
07-12-2018, 05:57 AM
Good luck with it, if you need a hand getting through missions send me a trooper request.
Cheers rags

Request sent, thanks a ton!

Truppe
07-12-2018, 06:16 AM
I would tend to agree with Yup: multi-hitters are the way to go, for farming. Personally, I find the team of SoL and Magus Undead Rescuer very effective for general farming duties. FOTD is another good choice, if you can snag him, as well as those Yup mentioned. Failing those though, Soldier is a solid multi-hitter at 5*s. I've never sharded mine, but I know a lot of folks did. In all though, of your choices, I'd definitely develop Speed of Light... he is, chronically, the most underrated Eddie in the game, in my humble opinion. Them's my two cents. :cool:

Thanks a ton!!! like i said, when i started grinding recently the frustration of not having Basic Skill AoE Eddies have hit an all time high. Can i whine a little now?...... How the hell is it that i have pulled 2x Pharaoh, 3x SoL, 2x Aces (from the same soul shard season!!!!!!), and several other 2x Eddies and not get ONE decent AoE Eddie like PoM, Nav or GRE?! It's ridiculous.....

Truppe
07-12-2018, 06:19 AM
I use Navigator almost for anything, when going to PvE i only switch them on Gardens or Event Challenges, like Rainmaker for GoD and Samurai for GoL.
Navigator is the way to go talking about farm, i see the Farming team as : Navigator, Magus Rescuer and AoF/GCotD.
I actually don't have the Rescuer because i didn't reach the needed things on his event, so im just looking for him now because is on common souls as other toons.
If you don't have Navigator just save some G/A souls from sacrifices or fragments, almost 10 or 20, then throw them one after another one expecting just for luck.

Before navigator and other Eddies i used to go with SoL which was my first Eddie, he is a little weak but all his attacks are for all the enemies, also his AI is decent.
That in combination with popular multihitters makes a good farming team, if you farm fast you don't need HP so you can go for full damage in maps that you trust. That until you get better characters to move throug more rewarded missions.

Thats what i did, i didn't have almost any of the Eddies i have now 5 months ago, i played with upgraded 3* and some 4* toons only, until the last events where i have pulled a lot of new toons.

Good luck

Thanks a ton for the feedback! I only have 2 Troopers with Navigator, and not fully sharded or leveled. I love his attacks and seems killer. I guess i need to get better at events. I don't get **** for toons.

Truppe
07-12-2018, 06:25 AM
For taking on the Gardens...oof...you're not getting close to the upper floors without a Golden Pharaoh Dog and an Eddie with a 6-hit Fury (Navigator, Tailgunner, Grim Reaper). You might be able to substitute the Golden Pharaoh Dog with a set of Destiny Talismans from the Trooper Store and a toon that gives you team Immunity or Cleanse.

To level up your Eddies and toons to 5*, you need to be able to take on the upper floors of the Lord of Light missions so you can get the 3* evo shards. The Green LOL is a creampuff so long as you have enough beefy Red toons. The tools to easily beat the other LOL missions are very toon-specific. What toons do you have in your roster?

Thanks a ton for the tips!! I've noticed that some of the LoL dungeons are much harder than others. Some (like gunner) slam my a$$ HARD. And I've hear a lot about the GPD, but it continues to elude me. :(

scott-5496
07-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Navigator with Primordial is my main farmer - put him with GCOTD (with Primordial) and say Gunner Lilith or another team hitter and you should be fine...primordial does make it quicker and safer in all levels. I am now using this team in nearly all batle types out of PVP - I even have my third set of primordial on my Cybork and have him as a ride along trooper - seems to me that ride along primordial also add to your golden buffs but not 100% sure on that.

Truppe
07-14-2018, 02:43 AM
Navigator with Primordial is my main farmer - put him with GCOTD (with Primordial) and say Gunner Lilith or another team hitter and you should be fine...primordial does make it quicker and safer in all levels. I am now using this team in nearly all batle types out of PVP - I even have my third set of primordial on my Cybork and have him as a ride along trooper - seems to me that ride along primordial also add to your golden buffs but not 100% sure on that.

Where do you get the Primordial talismans?

Fudjo
07-14-2018, 02:58 AM
Where do you get the Primordial talismans?

They were part of a Sacrifice event last month. No word on when they'll be available again.

Truppe
07-15-2018, 02:42 AM
what is the angel talisman? how do i get that?

Truppe
07-15-2018, 04:06 AM
Fudjo, since i started this thread I've gotten Tailgunner. As for Ally toons, i have all of the mines, rockets and imps/voidlings; all the wicker dogs; NoL G/M/S/W; GS M/W; Priestess A; Soulless Demon A/S/W; Droid A/G/S/W; DSpawn G/S/M/W; Rescuer M/S/W; Golem A/G/S; the Dice; Bomber Boy W; Dog of War S; most of the skulls and meat heads; most of the axis and allied soldiers; Trickster M/W; Rocket Dog S; Pyro S; several cultists; chopper G/S; desert marauder; desert warrior; and Valk Kari

Yup
07-15-2018, 06:37 AM
Angel talismans were only available for a short time. They basically cleanse and heal every turn... at least they are supposed to.

Truppe
07-21-2018, 05:28 AM

I finally got a multi hitter, the Tailgunner Eddie. How does it compare to Pharoah?

Truppe
07-28-2018, 06:43 PM

I'm going to finish out shards for Pharaoh, only 6 more left. I'll then start on SoL, then Taligunner.

Moonchild-6759
07-28-2018, 07:22 PM
You might want to consider tailgunner before sol Eddie. Tailgunner is a beast in BNW. I use it for auto farming X in all gardens

Truppe
07-30-2018, 05:08 AM
You might want to consider tailgunner before sol Eddie. Tailgunner is a beast in BNW. I use it for auto farming X in all gardens

Do you recommend any yellow talis to boost special?
i currently have two green health overwhelm & 4 strength fierce talis.

scott-5496
07-30-2018, 02:08 PM
Navigator is a solid performer and you can put primeordials on him too which help the entire team. My two kids are not maxed and they focus on Grim Reaper and Visions mostly. Pharoah is pretty good too for revive and survivability.

Fudjo
07-30-2018, 04:59 PM
Fudjo, since i started this thread I've gotten Tailgunner. As for Ally toons, i have all of the mines, rockets and imps/voidlings; all the wicker dogs; NoL G/M/S/W; GS M/W; Priestess A; Soulless Demon A/S/W; Droid A/G/S/W; DSpawn G/S/M/W; Rescuer M/S/W; Golem A/G/S; the Dice; Bomber Boy W; Dog of War S; most of the skulls and meat heads; most of the axis and allied soldiers; Trickster M/W; Rocket Dog S; Pyro S; several cultists; chopper G/S; desert marauder; desert warrior; and Valk Kari

I agree with Moonchild that Tailgunner is the way to go for PVE. It's tough 'cause Speed of Light will be very useful for you in PVP, but for the PVE role Tailgunner will be great for you.

For talismans, it depends on what you have. For my Tailgunner, I used 3 Thief (Will) and 3 Strength talismans for a long time and liked it a lot. You might also like using Chance and Explosive talismans if you have them. My current mix is Thief and Explosive. If you don't have enough Thief or Chance talismans, Boost is just fine. I like Thief because Tailgunner's fury is fun and also very useful against the Dragon King. It knocks down the shields quickly and it helps minimize the number of times the Dragon King fires off a spicy meatball.

For supporting toons, you have some good options. Magus Allied Soldier is a staple in a lot of PVE teams for newer players, and he was in mine. Sentinel Soulless Demon is another good option. Kari is definitely worth a look, as well.

Truppe
08-01-2018, 05:11 AM
For supporting toons, you have some good options. Magus Allied Soldier is a staple in a lot of PVE teams for newer players, and he was in mine. Sentinel Soulless Demon is another good option. Kari is definitely worth a look, as well.

Since the post I've gotten Golden pharaoh dog and S CR. She is 5* (lvl 87) and amazeballs with advantage augment. Dog is good, but only 4* (80). need one more 3* yellow evo to lvl it. I've gotten Magus Rescuer to 5* (67) and started using him in farming too. I moved away from S Soulless, his skills didn't impress me. No shards on any allies yet. Farming is much better, but still not auto farming any X though. Regen, shields and crappy fury timing keeps kicking my ass. Guess i need more shards or different toons...

I do have explosive and thief talismans for TGE. All only 3* maxed ATM, since I've been spending most of my ironite for green talis boosts. Thiefs are 2x Will, 1x onslaught. I need one more chance for a set.

DanielRacy
08-04-2018, 05:55 AM
I use this in every PvE.
Clansman with void and guard
Warrior Lilith with explosive and paralysis
Prisoner with primordial

When in Lol or BNW I add one of the following depending on the stage.

Desert Marauder with thorn and imunity
Hellraiser with echo and health
Gunner Undead Rescuer with assassin and imunity

Works great everytime.

Yup
08-04-2018, 05:57 AM
Paralysis is kind of a waste. The trigger rate so so, so, so low that they almost never stun in my experience. You might do better with a set of Blind, Energy, or Guard. :)

DanielRacy
08-04-2018, 07:49 AM
Paralysis is kind of a waste. The trigger rate so so, so, so low that they almost never stun in my experience. You might do better with a set of Blind, Energy, or Guard. :)

I don't know man. Explosive + paralysis is working pretty great for me. Yup on auto it is kind of useless by it self, but the marauder passive tends to increase the odds.

On PvP though it is awesome. But yeah, blind is great too. I used to set her up with it. Energy I tend to use with Magus COTD or Gunner Undead Rescue for tons of power and it is beautiful.

Yup
08-04-2018, 08:29 AM
Well I suspect you are seeing W Lilith stun because that's what she does if burns are present and Explosives add burns. I'd wager that most of the stuns you see are to due burns being present, not the Paralysis talismans.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Paralysis talismans before they reduced the success rate to 11%. That made then pretty unreliable in general. (Same thing for the Freeze set - great before the nerf... pretty shitty after it.)

DanielRacy
08-04-2018, 09:30 AM
Well I suspect you are seeing W Lilith stun because that's what she does if burns are present and Explosives add burns. I'd wager that most of the stuns you see are to due burns being present, not the Paralysis talismans.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Paralysis talismans before they reduced the success rate to 11%. That made then pretty unreliable in general. (Same thing for the Freeze set - great before the nerf... pretty shitty after it.)

Hey Yup, what was the paralysis rate before? 35%?

Truppe
08-05-2018, 04:32 PM

So do you think GRE is better than Tailgunner? Or maybe dungeon dependent? No one mentioned Storm, but the 'random enemies' has me concerned... Doesn't that equate to sometimes all enemies, sometimes one?

CamiloEgea
08-05-2018, 05:55 PM
I recommend you to just focus on maxing Pharaoh Eddie, then, focus on building your allies, don’ use your skill shards on SoL or TG, it doesn’t really worth it because you’ll probably earn better eddies in the future, like the Navigator, and you’ll miss all those skill shards. Personally, I use Rainmaker plus any multitarget, and a multi hit ally for farming any level X BNW garden and with the right team, I can autofarm TNotB, (Pharaoh Dog should be great for that).

CamiloEgea
08-05-2018, 06:54 PM
I didn’t specified, Rainmaker is great in higher levels because of the granted shroud efect on all allies, with a healer like the Clairvoyant, it is almost impossible to kill the team for the dragon or the beast

Truppe
08-05-2018, 07:48 PM
I didn’t specified, Rainmaker is great in higher levels because of the granted shroud efect on all allies, with a healer like the Clairvoyant, it is almost impossible to kill the team for the dragon or the beast

in pvp today i almost had a team, until Clair was resurrected, then she res'd another and filled health of everyone. it was over quick then.

As for Eddies, I'm auto farming LoL IX of all types, X in a couple, with my SoL. It can take up to 9 minutes, though...

SoL 5* 100 (with only 1 shard!) All talis maxed, tho.
SCR 5* 100 no (s) god, she packs a HUGE wallop......
MUR 5* 86 no (s)
GPD 5* 92 no (s) Dog was a HUGE turn around in the game for me.

With my recent pulls, I'm not pulling the big eddies, Beast, Iron, Nav, PoM.... Guess I could shard GPD & SCR until then.

Fudjo
08-05-2018, 11:08 PM
So do you think GRE is better than Tailgunner? Or maybe dungeon dependent?

I think they're roughly equivalent. Both have an AOE basic attack. Both have good single-target attacks. Both have a 6-hit fury. Tailgunner hits harder, Grim Reaper has the resurrect bonus in his fury. You'll be happy with either of them.

No one mentioned Storm, but the 'random enemies' has me concerned... Doesn't that equate to sometimes all enemies, sometimes one?

I've found that it usually means you hit two targets. Storm Eddie is definitely in the lower tier of Eddies these days.