PDA

View Full Version : Gods of Powerslave: Raining Destruction - Arena strategy

Banished
07-10-2018, 08:10 AM
Hi,

I just would like to share what is, in my opinion, a good strategy to win as much PVP battles as possible especially for players who do not have a strong team in PVP (like beginners in the game).

propably my post is useless but as playing PVP for the event, I think it is still useful.

the point for PVP/Arena event is to win as much as possible PVP battles. But as long as you win battles, your rank increases (you have more points) and therefore your oppponents are stronger. To decrease your points number and your rank, you have to lose. Yes, yes: to lose. Accordingly, you need to have a weak defense. So manage your defense to only have one Eddie. then you will notice that opponents are fighting against you, your rank's going down and you will have weaker opponents to fight.

Since this morning, I won 24 PVP battles. Not the best I guess but I'm happy with it.

If you disagree with the above, do not hesitate to share your strategy.

Ip4
07-10-2018, 08:48 AM
it's always the point putting one Eddie in defense,if anyone think he can be in top100 or top 50 then put hard defence...

Blade
07-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Hi,

I just would like to share what is, in my opinion, a good strategy to win as much PVP battles as possible especially for players who do not have a strong team in PVP (like beginners in the game).

propably my post is useless but as playing PVP for the event, I think it is still useful.

the point for PVP/Arena event is to win as much as possible PVP battles. But as long as you win battles, your rank increases (you have more points) and therefore your oppponents are stronger. To decrease your points number and your rank, you have to lose. Yes, yes: to lose. Accordingly, you need to have a weak defense. So manage your defense to only have one Eddie. then you will notice that opponents are fighting against you, your rank's going down and you will have weaker opponents to fight.

Since this morning, I won 24 PVP battles. Not the best I guess but I'm happy with it.

If you disagree with the above, do not hesitate to share your strategy.

This is the strategy many player use during these events, including me. In former times, even more players did that. Why not anymore? Because Iron Coins are so much more important now due to relics. This might change slightly when Gauntlet launches, as it was planned that you will get IC there as rewards, too.
Up to a certain point during the event, the weak defense strategy really helps. But on wednesday, at the latest, you normally still end in very high ranks and will face tough teams. This is also connected with the fact that the matchmaking is not always working that good during these events. The algorithm tries to level your number of attacks with the number of attacks on you by modulating your appearance on other player's list (thats the short form... other things like level, win/lose ratio etc are also involved). Right now I only have a discrepancy of 20 fights, so that's rather good! We will see how this proceeds during the week!
Have fun everyone! And don't hestitate to punch my sandworm defense as often as possible :)

rags-6094
07-10-2018, 08:58 AM
Yeah it took me a while to come round to the idea, I am wholly on board with the idea of weak defence now so everyone gets a go at earning the points.
It's a shame Iron coins weren't on offer this time round but still the Nebu shards are at least on offer, what happened to exisquisite soul shards?

rags-6094
07-10-2018, 09:00 AM
I haven't seen your defence yet Blade and I have done 225 of them.... where are you hiding?

Blade
07-10-2018, 09:08 AM
I haven't seen your defence yet Blade and I have done 225 of them.... where are you hiding?

I haven't seen yours either! I am at rank 223 in the moment with 118 wins. I guess you are ranked to far above me? You already completed the main goal, on tuesday... jeees the game really got you ;)

rags-6094
07-10-2018, 09:15 AM
Ha ha is it that obvious? :) I'm doing training on new equipment at work at the moment I can let the phone sit there and farm and during breaks sneak in another 10 or 15 PVP's... yeah you could say I'm obsessed...

I can say with the right combination of toons the current Sekhmet included that raising to unusually high levels for me is much easier...
Walk away for an hour and I've dropped down again... Rank88 at the moment...

Blade
07-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Lucky you! I don't have any of the new wing ladies, but I still have some souls - have not yet dared to open them as I have seen from opening some 99 common souls stacks that my BoS is not in a good mood in the moment.
Hope that we will meet on the lists and do some revenge ping-pong then :D But not today, as I already did the 20 revenges for today :(

rags-6094
07-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Anyone wondering what to spend your Nebu shards on out of the two that are available I would take Sekhmet in a heart beat.
You will need to sort out a blocker Ally (easily put down by Magis like 7th son) but armed with Valor talismans she's a dream. Save your fury for her and give an extra go to the whole team...
Its like farming PVP dare I say it....

Blade
07-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Save your fury for her and give an extra go to the whole team
Until then I do the same with my Clansman Eddie :) He is my absolute favourite right now - cannot understand why I read a few times here that people don't like him... but that's also one beauty of the game, so many options and strategies so everyone will find something that suits.
But anyway thanks for the advice, her fury really reads heavy!

scott-5496
07-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Until then I do the same with my Clansman Eddie :) He is my absolute favourite right now - cannot understand why I read a few times here that people don't like him... but that's also one beauty of the game, so many options and strategies so everyone will find something that suits.
But anyway thanks for the advice, her fury really reads heavy!

Me too. My Attack team usually is based around Clansman. He gets extra turns on two power moves which are decent and I usually have enough to cast both on my second turn (sometimes first if I lose the coin toss) and that just gets me to the fury in one round - so it is a double whammy usually. Saying that not so good against Iron Eddie and his crave as I like to use the Clansman move that heals the team on a perfect hit - there are toher options to use of course btu I can see wht Clansman is not used much on defence as you need to be getting the order of your moves correct - mine are almost always identical whn on attack.

Ip4
07-10-2018, 04:34 PM
I am finally near 500 nebu fragments and need advice which god to buy? Red or Blue?

GotN
07-10-2018, 04:56 PM
I am finally near 500 nebu fragments and need advice which god to buy? Red or Blue?

Only one that would make sense to buy atm with fragments is magus imo, cause warrior event is still on and a chance to get her from souls. And there are still 3 gods to come. I will wait for them and, before only possibility will be to get them with FCs, decide, which one to buy with fragments. Btw ofc have no god so far and am sure, that I will get no from souls :/

Yup
07-10-2018, 05:09 PM
I would wait until I've exhausted the event completely, then purchase if you didn't get the God from a soul.

So, I'd get Asset currently if you didn't get her during the event. Then if you don't get Sehkmet during the current event, purchase her after the event is over if you have enough frags.

This essentially leaves you 1 god behind, but hopefully during the events you pick up at least 1 of the gods from a soul and don't need frags to purchase it.

Ip4
07-10-2018, 05:24 PM
this destruction souls are shit joke,i have 500 nebu fragments because i purchased 2 x 10 stupid souls and no red eyes...i am not collector characters but need to know will Asset or Sehkmet will be better in arena?

Yup
07-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Asset is generally better due to the healing and reviving... but that's merely my opinion.

Sehkmet is a better hitter if you want attack, she doesn't heal though.

They both can remove buffs.

Ip4
07-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Nebu fragments goes to Asset,thank you friend :)

Ip4
07-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Tested Asset in 6 arena battles and never remove any beneficial effects,maybe it's 5% not 50%?
Please can someone chack who got her?

Yup
07-10-2018, 09:57 PM
She does for me. It's not every time, but it happens enough to know she's doing it at times. (I have her fully sharded and full power)

You do have to aim at the target with the buffs... I can't say I've seen her take buffs from non-targeted enemies, even though she does hit them as well.... and she tends to remove yellow buffs more than blue buffs from what I've seen.

And I believe an enemies MR stat has something to do which how easy buffs are stolen and debuffs are applied. (I could be wrong there though)

Ip4
07-10-2018, 10:01 PM
now testing force talismans on her
https://preview.ibb.co/i28JK8/IMG_0498.png (https://ibb.co/jKJw6o)

Yup
07-10-2018, 10:40 PM
Destiny is really great on her.

90mphyorker
07-11-2018, 12:38 AM
Destiny works great on any character.

I’m not looking forward to the day I face a team with 4 destiny Talismans. Can’t be long until that happens.