PDA

View Full Version : anybody else having problems playing pvp?

7son
07-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Since Saturdays new week change, I can only play 1 or 2 pvp matches before I get server errors. Have to force close app and restart 3-4 times before I can play a few more rounds again. I only need 50 more 7son fragments to finally get him, so it's very frustrating.

Cefiar
07-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Yup. It's pretty much everyone. After they "fix" something it improves and then goes slowly downhill. Their server has to have some sort of resource leak problem that gets worse over time.

Muzzleloader
07-10-2018, 01:00 PM
I find the time of day has a big influence on the errors in the arena. I found that if the popup doesn't appear when you log in the arena doesn't open. This morning I played 3 matches in the old arena setting.

Leano
07-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Same here. It's being really annoying. If the server were okay i would have passed the 100 mark already but i'm not even close to the 50.

scott-5496
07-10-2018, 01:22 PM
Pretty much unplayable in arena and getting crashes in PVE too - notmany there all seens to be PVP as the worst place and given the current event it really is a let down.

Blade
07-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Another annoying thing: I won against all teams on the list, got a bunch of APMAs and "Check your internet connection" after the last fight with about 30 mins left til automatic refresh of the list. After some tries and switching back to the cosmos or between attack and defense, it worked again but leaving me with a fresh list (all teams >>1000 points above me), full 3h timer but no 2 SoW reward. I know, it's a minor problem compared to people who cannot play at all, but still worth to mention I think.
Are you aware of all these different problems, NF ??

Yup
07-10-2018, 04:57 PM
(Unintentionally) Funniest threat title ever!!!!!!!!

Everyone's PvP experience has sucked since the weekly rollover. Great showing for a PvP event!

Muzzleloader
07-10-2018, 05:30 PM
At least for myself this event sucks less than last event. All the APMA errors is extremely frustrating but better than no lists to attack or the same top 15 players to attack. Not really sure how I had 3 battles in the old arena setting this morning.

Cefiar
07-10-2018, 11:55 PM
Yup: Wrong. It's sucked for longer than that. The issues are at least 2 weeks old, and signs of it there from more than 3 weeks ago. Neither week hit PvP hard, so it wasn't quite as bad.

90mphyorker
07-11-2018, 12:36 AM
Sometimes it works great for me and sometimes terrible.

Around reset time 10am AEST (time of me posting) it’s terrible. I’m lucky if I get any battles in. Afternoon to night time it works fine to great and then from 11pm till 1am it’s back to being laggy and crap. Was fine to play thehour before reset though.

Lucky for me I’ve been able to get battles in. But it’s been a clusterfuck of an operation to do so.

Icarus
07-11-2018, 01:42 AM
Is almost a tradition having this kind of bugs when an event comes, but it is very annoying when is an Arena event, the game can run very well in all the day until you go to the arena and then for the next 2 or 3 loggins you'll have a lot of APMA, MACLI and INTRO errors. Sometimes you lose the battle, sometimes it just doesn't count as you won but you can't battle the same person again because you ''won''.

Im glad because im not that active to spend a lot of ironite on these events because i would get mad, and then i remember that there is people that really care about it and they are their first supporters to the game.
So i really wish the next time an event like this comes in, they make sure the Server or whatever is needed to don't have so much errors, has to be in an aceptable condition.
Actually i just get used to, because im not that active as i said, and i know the bugs aren't that easy to get rid off, but reducing the amount of errors per loggin is a good step.

Cefiar
07-11-2018, 01:47 AM
90mphyorker: As another Aussie I can definitely agree on seeing issues around those times too, tho maybe 30 mins earlier in each case (same timezone).

rags-6094
07-11-2018, 07:18 AM
90mphyorker: As another Aussie I can definitely agree on seeing issues around those times too, tho maybe 30 mins earlier in each case (same timezone).

I'm sure I'm stating the obvious but these problems have got to be traffic based issues.
So what do they do put in more servers in world wide locations? Easier said than done...
Fortunately I've struggled through to my 300 goal so can relax a bit on PVP, I'm one less jamming the servers...

That leads me to another dilemma, do I now reset my defence or leave it low for others to take advantage of for a while?
I like to think I'm a nice guy but where is the line in the sand? How do you guys deal with this, those of you that set your defence low for PVP events?

natasar
07-11-2018, 08:29 AM
[...]

That leads me to another dilemma, do I now reset my defence or leave it low for others to take advantage of for a while?
I like to think I'm a nice guy but where is the line in the sand? How do you guys deal with this, those of you that set your defence low for PVP events?

For me, it depends on what my weekly goal is - if I want to reach the Warlord II to I ranks, I but my regular defence up around Thursday +/-, if not, I just let the slugfest continue.

Banished
07-11-2018, 10:36 AM
This morning, I did not get any AMPA errors and PVP goes pretty smooth.

90mphyorker
07-11-2018, 11:42 AM
I'm sure I'm stating the obvious but these problems have got to be traffic based issues.
So what do they do put in more servers in world wide locations? Easier said than done...
Fortunately I've struggled through to my 300 goal so can relax a bit on PVP, I'm one less jamming the servers...

Weak defence for as long as possible. Give everyone as long as possible to get easy victories. I put in a normal defence for the last 12 hours to try and maintain top 250. Or defend what ever position I try to sneak up to.

Cefiar
07-11-2018, 12:33 PM
I do much the same as 90mphyorker. Sometimes I'll run a hotter defence for most of the last day - it usually depends on how many defense attacks I can get through right after the 10am cutover. ;)

As for the traffic. I am not quite so sure. I think it might be a combination of traffic and a resource leak. Lots of users = more resources used per user. If there's a leak this doesn't get reclaimed, it's not available for the next user. Eventually building up.

More servers (not necessarily spread into different locations) can help if they spread the load suitably. I wouldn't care to guess on methods to do that, as I have no idea what the servers are running, how the game actually communicates, what the back end is, etc etc. It might be that they need more resources on the server (eg: more ram, faster CPU), but that gets into it's own can of worms, especially if there's an underlying resource bug (as adding stuff might make it seem better in the short term, but then fail horribly not long after when the next limit is reached).

I just hope that they can figure it out soon.

Zugzwang
07-12-2018, 01:14 PM
It’s been working relatively well but there’s latency during battles. It’s been worse.

Cefiar
07-13-2018, 07:21 AM
Well, was fine till a few mins ago and now I'm getting APMA8 on defence, while on attack I'm getting APMA1, APMA1, APMA1, APMA10. *sigh*

rags-6094
07-13-2018, 07:56 AM
Ok I've come to my own conclusion regarding how long I leave my defences down, 90mphyorker and Cefiar have good thoughts and strategies on this matter but I have decided for me I will leave my defences down until I complete the major goal, formerly 300 now 225 I think.... That usually takes me half to two thirds of the week to complete.

But still leaves me enough time to get to a level I'm satisfied with.

Regarding APMA errors, it has been bad most of the week but has been really good today, only 50 odd to the 500 battle mark for me. That could not have been achieved the way it was earlier this week...

Cefiar
07-13-2018, 08:08 AM
Lucky you Rags. I'm still yet to reach 225, mainly cos of APMA errors.

rags-6094
07-13-2018, 08:23 AM
Lucky you Rags. I'm still yet to reach 225, mainly cos of APMA errors.

Fortunately for us here in Australia (on the other side of the world) APMA errors should become less when the rest of the world is sleeping... Its only a theory of mine but I wake very early 3.30am and have some how dodged much of the probs in the past 48 hours... also right now is a good time Cef;)

Cefiar
07-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Yeah I played a bit but I have other commitments other than just playing the game.