PDA

View Full Version : Which of these 9 Eddies are best for PVP?

Zugzwang
07-11-2018, 07:16 PM
I have culled my Eddies down to 9 that I like in general, and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on which are better for use in PVP.
I currently use Talgunner as the special is very strong and there are 6 red talisman slots on a gunner which allows for the removal of golden buffs with each action on a non-warrior class toon. That said I cannot seem to progress past about 2800 rank. I am willing to build a team around one of these eddies. For Tailgunner I mostly use Prisoner (with The 6 Primordial Talismans), Red Lilith (with Echo & advantage talismans) and the Clairvoyant (with Destiny & True Talismans). I’m at a loss as I see some teams that roll over me regardless of whether or not I go first or which attack strategy I try. Please help! Thanks everyone!

Clansman
Pharaoh
7th Son
Tailgunner
Iron
Vampire Hunter
Navigator
Cuborg
Grim Reaper

Metalreaper13
07-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Oof that’s a tough call. Depending how you build them, for me I’d say top 3 is 7Son, iron, and vampire hunter (in no particular order)

Yup
07-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Deja Vu... http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10406-Which-of-these-9-Eddies-are-best-for-PVP&p=77149#post77149

Kamuz24z
07-11-2018, 08:55 PM
You have good characters man what’s your ID I’ll take a look at your account and I’ll try to give a good set up \m/

Stormseye
07-11-2018, 09:03 PM
There was no response from the first post.
I would rank them

Iron Eddie

Clansman

Cyborg/Tailgunner would be situational

If you have Iron Eddie and Primordial Prisoner you can pretty much toss in any two allies and destroy teams. Those two alone are the core of most of the top 50 builds. I fight daily tooth and nail to cling to the bottom 50 against those characters. Kumuz will sort you out though rest assured.

Zugzwang
07-11-2018, 09:13 PM
My name is Woody-0350 if anyone wants to look at my setup! Stormseye you were actually someone I searched for as you were in the top 3 a lot. I’m not trying to copy people I want to think for myself but this game is very complex and that’s part of the enjoyment so I figured a little tweak here or there would be all I needed to continue experimenting while still progressing.

As for dumping the other Eddies, well I’ve been playing since day one and had stupidly been converting any alchemist shards for awhile not realizing they were from vortex fills. I wanted that toon so I dumped some Eddies that I felt were weaker to get the last fill I needed for Alchemist.

The Eddies I dumped
may have been improved by the developers since but I had not used them in ages and it was sort of impulsive. I’ll try get them back eventually as I do want one of each in my
Collection. .

I’ve never played games like this before and it was my love of Iron Maiden that got me into it. It’s a great game and I play it daily. I really enjoy it but don’t have more than maybe $20 a month to spend on it. Worth it for the enjoyment I get out of it though. Ok I think I’m rambling now...

Cefiar
07-11-2018, 11:40 PM
FYI: You can't get back basic (Holy Smoke) Eddie or Wicker Eddie. They don't drop from souls, ever.

Zugzwang
07-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Holy Smoke and Wicker Eddie are always there when you start a new game. I consider them “training Eddies” and wouldn’t miss them. That said they may in future drop updated more powerful or special versions of these Eddies at future anniversaries. Who knows? Just spitballing here. I would rather have a few meaningful Eddies and toons than the whole lot. But thank you for the reply. Nice to meet you!

Yup
07-12-2018, 01:38 AM
..... until you get to that mission that requires Wickerman Eddie.

Kamuz24z
07-12-2018, 05:09 AM
Check your inbox

Olevipoeg
07-12-2018, 10:27 AM
FYI: You can't get back basic (Holy Smoke) Eddie or Wicker Eddie. They don't drop from souls, ever.
Are you sure? Have 2 Wicker and Holy smoke Eddies.

Zugzwang
07-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Yea I use Mobile site to post so I didn’t know you could see double posts until I used a computer. I’m new and had posted in the main before realizing I should post in a sub. Won’t happen again. Sorry for the clutter.

edsel
07-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Iron is popular from your list. Your setup really depends on the monthly nerf/buff list from NF. What worked last month or week may be ruined in one blink, and joke toons can kick ads and be everyone's must have to stay competitive. Visions was my first 5 star, what a clown. Fury left him crippled before Angel talismans arrived and his damage was so low, even with shards. After new buffs and the right gals he was everywhere. Now Rainmaker gets reworked, an extra shard added bringing him to 33, and with Shadow talismans and the right support crew he is shredding opposition-over 95% wins in the top 10 against hardest setups. And he was the biggest joke waste of shards going in the game with great stat numbers but killed before he could function. Soon enough he will be replaced by another, and it really can be anyone so don't chuck Eddies unless they are dupes. Wicker man is probably never going to run the arena, but nobody ever thought Visions or Rainmaker would either.

Mizrael
07-12-2018, 02:30 PM
I’ve also sent you a PM with few tips and tricks.

Zugzwang
07-12-2018, 03:38 PM
I guess the reason I’ve been attached to Tailgunner is due to the 6 red valor talismans. It supposedly doubles his hp and the special does something like 25k damage to each opponent (before taking buffs into account). It also removes golden buffs and when he gets an extra from certain attacks multiple golden buffs can be removed when going first. The problem is when going second that as expected he can be killed in one or two turns.
I do see Iron Ed a lot more often and the special is more versatile so thanks for the ideas to get him setup and about getting rid of Clairvoyant.

Yup
07-12-2018, 03:48 PM
But all it takes is 1 hit from the right opponent and that 2xHP is gone and he's killed easily. Same goes for Shroud :) I can OFTEN steal those buffs and take advantage of them against the very teams using them in PvP. :)

One tip to PvP is to NOT rely too heavily on buffs for base stuff, especially HP and damage blocking. Sure use them, but realize that all buffs will be stolen or removed at some point. If they can be stolen, they'll be used against you rather than assisting you.

I LOVE seeing the counter on opponents, it means there's an 80-90% chance I can steal it and use it against them.

Yup
07-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Are you sure? Have 2 Wicker and Holy smoke Eddies.

How? they don't drop from anywhere (Other than Wicker from the fist run of story mode). the only way to have more than one is if support swapped out other Eddies for you.

Are you sure you aren't confusing Run To the Hills and The Wickerman as Holy Smoke and Wicker Eddie? They do look similar in the icons.

Zugzwang
07-12-2018, 04:27 PM
Yea I’m going to use IE over Tailgunner. But dat special though. Try it—when you can launch it 2nd turn it lays down teams like grass. To weak overall though you’re right.

edsel
07-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Iron Eddie with all team having Guard talismans is great to build fury and waste opponents quick unless they have immunity going. Throwing Prisoner in and having 3 sets of Guard is probably best to avoid immunity passives, plus you get Primordials. He with this set is most popular, almost every team I fight has this.

The Educated fool
07-13-2018, 12:08 AM
How? they don't drop from anywhere (Other than Wicker from the fist run of story mode). the only way to have more than one is if support swapped out other Eddies for you.

Are you sure you aren't confusing Run To the Hills and The Wickerman as Holy Smoke and Wicker Eddie? They do look similar in the icons.

The answer, good Yup, is that Olevipoeg has been here since the long, long ago... from a time when these Eddies absolutely could and did drop from souls. :cool: It was a good change, ending this practice though... few things were quite as annoying as pulling WM or HS as your single 4* from a stack of souls! lol

Chaosego888
07-13-2018, 02:25 AM
The answer, good Yup, is that Olevipoeg has been here since the long, long ago... from a time when these Eddies absolutely could and did drop from souls. :cool: It was a good change, ending this practice though... few things were quite as annoying as pulling WM or HS as your single 4* from a stack of souls! lolDefinitely man, I still remember the first four star I ever pulled from a Gunner/Assassin soul. I thought I had finally gotten Tailgunner and No! It was another damn Soldier Eddie! Now, It's pretty crazy thinking back to how hard it was to get anything in the early days.

Mizrael
07-13-2018, 06:26 AM
Now, It's pretty crazy thinking back to how hard it was to get anything in the early days.

Yeah! i remember saving up 625 ironite for like a month, then popping 10 rare souls open...blue eyes....”Ohh! OK! another month with no new toon.”
And the only G/A soul was day 24 reward (also flashing mostly blue eyes ofc)

Olevipoeg
07-13-2018, 06:28 AM
The answer, good Yup, is that Olevipoeg has been here since the long, long ago... from a time when these Eddies absolutely could and did drop from souls. :cool: It was a good change, ending this practice though... few things were quite as annoying as pulling WM or HS as your single 4* from a stack of souls! lol
Damn, i feel really old now. :D

rags-6094
07-13-2018, 08:17 AM
Yep I remember selling (back before sacrifice) quite a few HS/WM Eddie dupes... fortunately I didn't get rid of all of them though I must admit I did sell my last WM Eddie back in the beginning for 202 gold I think...

I requested a return from support and they helped me out, took the gold from my stash and I was able to complete that challenge.. Support told me at the time had I sacrificed him (which was not possible when I sold him) there was no possible way he could be returned to me, but I suspect others have had characters returned from sacrifice since...

Keep at least one of all Eddies you just don't know what's round the corner...

The Educated fool
07-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Damn, i feel really old now. :D

Right there with ya, man! lol :cool:

I never actually got a dupe WM, HS or Soldier (amazingly, given my usual luck in this game) but I felt for those who did.

EDIT:

Definitely man, I still remember the first four star I ever pulled from a Gunner/Assassin soul. I thought I had finally gotten Tailgunner and No! It was another damn Soldier Eddie! Now, It's pretty crazy thinking back to how hard it was to get anything in the early days.

The thing I remember most from the long, long ago was how hard it was to get a character to five stars! I used to marvel at EagleKnight's roster and wonder how the hell he'd evolved 100 characters to 100 when I was sitting with just SoL and Soldier at 100... and even that felt like a major achievement to me! lol

Yup
07-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Interesting.... not sure why they are still disallowed then.. I mean it's not like I haven't seen Mummy, RTTH, and SOL a bazillion times :) I actually had RTTH drop before ever completing Battlefield(?) where he's supposed to drop.

Stormseye
07-13-2018, 05:53 PM
Dang EagleKnight, now there is name from long ago. lol

Mizrael
07-13-2018, 07:18 PM
Dang EagleKnight, now there is name from long ago. lol

Sorry for completely high jacking this post but...WOW! i have also forgotten about that name...a true LEGEND!!!

Zugzwang
07-17-2018, 01:57 AM
When I first started playing my first Eddie to 5 stars was soldier Eddie. The special was cool looking but I got tired of him so I sacked him as soon as it became available. I also had the allied general and the green dog they got the axe too. I went through a phase of wantin to collect one of every single Eddie but then at one point I asked myself “why? I’ll never use some them and I can always borrow a trooper’s if I want.” Perhaps I’ll regret getting rid of Eddies that don’t drop from souls or that are extremely unlikely to like Soldier Eddie. I just see the trend of the new Eddies having a lot more versatility in their abilities and they do a lot more. Kind of like some other games I’ve seen where the newer characters are just deeper and better in every way.

Sidney
07-17-2018, 03:21 AM
I remember back in the day when you used Soldier Eddies fury and the flag actually waved in the wind... but then at some point they starched the shit out of it and now it looks like it's being planted on the moon.

Zugzwang
07-17-2018, 03:42 AM
You know who you rarely see anymore? Carriage Rider Ed. It’s a shame too. I remember his stat destruction being so awesome. Now with golden buffs his special is weak. I hope the developers give him a boost at some point. I miss using him.

Fudjo
07-17-2018, 05:22 AM
You know who you rarely see anymore? Carriage Rider Ed. It’s a shame too. I remember his stat destruction being so awesome. Now with golden buffs his special is weak. I hope the developers give him a boost at some point. I miss using him.

Agreed. Whenever I see Carriage Rider show up in my Attack list in PVP, I know it's a "friendly" defense. A boost for him would be nice.