PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New here but not to the game...

Rugged-6717
07-17-2018, 07:44 AM
I have been playing for 9 months and have learned everything so far by trial and error. I joined on here out of frustration with all the problems with the game as of late. I was on the farcebook page for a short while and was quickly banned. I hope to last a little longer here and find some help and answers. I was kind of sceptical when I first downloaded the game but quickly became addicted to it. It is a great and unique fun game but a ton of issues.
I've been a Iron Maiden fan since I was 15 some 37 years ago... I'm old but still young at heart.
I hope to make some new friends here and look forward to meeting people.

scott-5496
07-17-2018, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the board Rugged - think I have met you in the arena. You are a little older then me but not much so dont worry about age - we are all young at heart here (I think). Where are you based?

Tim28213
07-17-2018, 12:33 PM
I hate to hear you came to the forum out of frustration. Hopefully you will find some answers to help with that.
The members are pretty great here.

Stormseye
07-17-2018, 01:57 PM
Welcome Rugged!

infinite dreamer
07-17-2018, 02:14 PM
Welcome Rugged, there's definitely a lot of useful info here and a lot of helpful people as well. Up the Irons!

sumpfleiche
07-18-2018, 01:44 AM
welcome to the Forum
see you in Arena :)

Rugged-6717
07-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Thanks everyone. I live in Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
I am still trying to get my crew toughened up in the arena. I'm getting along fairly well but I can't seem to put together a decent defensive crew. If anyone has any clues for me that would be greatly appreciated. My handle is Rugged-6717
I have been making it above warlord 1 early on but drop real fast over night. At the end of the week I am usually warlord 2 or 3 but then every Saturday right at the reset I get dropped back down just below 3. I was thinking it may be another game bug but not sure.

rags-6094
07-18-2018, 08:32 AM
Thanks everyone. I live in Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
I am still trying to get my crew toughened up in the arena. I'm getting along fairly well but I can't seem to put together a decent defensive crew. If anyone has any clues for me that would be greatly appreciated. My handle is Rugged-6717
I have been making it above warlord 1 early on but drop real fast over night. At the end of the week I am usually warlord 2 or 3 but then every Saturday right at the reset I get dropped back down just below 3. I was thinking it may be another game bug but not sure.

I'm pretty certain you sent me a trooper request and I picked you up!
Nice to have you here in the forums rugged! There's loads of info here and plenty of people only too happy to offload their tips and tricks, if not search through the forum archive, there's heaps to learn!

All the best!

scott-5496
07-18-2018, 10:08 AM
Rugged, everyone drops after reset - it is a thing that happens to us all - not sure why but we all get this.

In terms of team builds it really does just depend on your roster - take a look at the top guys who attack you and get a feel for what they are using and also look at how many relics folk have on each toon. Closer to the top relics are making the biggest difference. The folks on here who do the big PVP numbers most weeks are miles ahead of the rest of us as they put the hours in to get the IC to then invest in relics so there a lot of folk who are just a league above the majority of us - that likely wont change much though there will be catch up from the rest of us once they are maxed out on them (however long that takes to do!)

So maybe where you are in PVP is good for you for now - as soon as you start getting into top 100 and more so the top 50 it gets super tough for most of us as the top guys are just so far on from the pack.....but we can always get the odd win of course! Anyway, unless you are topped up on relics my advice would be to not push to hard into the top parts of the PVP ladder until you feel you are using a strong enough attack team - there was a period a few months ago where I was trying to get top 50 and was just getting owned and my attack success was arounf 70% - I gave up as I just did not have the team and losing 3 out of 10 battles was bad (it usually was good for the first few days after reset but as I climbed the numbers were going to sometimes 50/50 win loss).

That's just me of course! Eventually I got relics up and got my attack team to a strongish position (I tend ot stick with the same team for a period of time or set up three and just switch when required) my defence was doing OK to and things started to change around - Primordial made a big difference for a short while too so meta changes can swing in yoru favour from time to time too.

Goos luck.

waymo
07-18-2018, 10:24 AM
welcome rugged. I too am struggling to get a consistent defence. I've been playing for nearly a year & only recently managed to get into the warlord divisions! I've got room for a couple of troopers if you want to climb aboard. I play all troopers every day. My tag is waymo-2450

Intimidator
07-19-2018, 02:08 PM
welcome rugged. I too am struggling to get a consistent defence. I've been playing for nearly a year & only recently managed to get into the warlord divisions! I've got room for a couple of troopers if you want to climb aboard. I play all troopers every day. My tag is waymo-2450

Hello Waymo,I would like to climb aboard if there is any room left.
I also play all troopers every day.
Request is on its way.

Rugged-6717
07-19-2018, 02:20 PM
Thanks everyone!

Rugged-6717
07-19-2018, 02:38 PM
Rugged, everyone drops after reset - it is a thing that happens to us all - not sure why but we all get this.

In terms of team builds it really does just depend on your roster - take a look at the top guys who attack you and get a feel for what they are using and also look at how many relics folk have on each toon. Closer to the top relics are making the biggest difference. The folks on here who do the big PVP numbers most weeks are miles ahead of the rest of us as they put the hours in to get the IC to then invest in relics so there a lot of folk who are just a league above the majority of us - that likely wont change much though there will be catch up from the rest of us once they are maxed out on them (however long that takes to do!)

So maybe where you are in PVP is good for you for now - as soon as you start getting into top 100 and more so the top 50 it gets super tough for most of us as the top guys are just so far on from the pack.....but we can always get the odd win of course! Anyway, unless you are topped up on relics my advice would be to not push to hard into the top parts of the PVP ladder until you feel you are using a strong enough attack team - there was a period a few months ago where I was trying to get top 50 and was just getting owned and my attack success was arounf 70% - I gave up as I just did not have the team and losing 3 out of 10 battles was bad (it usually was good for the first few days after reset but as I climbed the numbers were going to sometimes 50/50 win loss).

That's just me of course! Eventually I got relics up and got my attack team to a strongish position (I tend ot stick with the same team for a period of time or set up three and just switch when required) my defence was doing OK to and things started to change around - Primordial made a big difference for a short while too so meta changes can swing in yoru favour from time to time too.

Goos luck.

Hi, Scott.
I know everyone drops after the reset. My problem is they are not giving me the credit and rewards for finishing at Warlord 3 it keeps rating me just below that even when I have been at Warlord 2 or 3 for several hours.
Thanks for the tips. It has taken me a long time to get even where I'm at just by trial and error with a ton of guessing so tips are always very much appreciated. All the bugs haven't helped much along the way. lol.
Usually when I get lucky and get a decent toon I will wait to use it in the arena until I have it maxed out on skill and shards then I mess around with different talismans until I find something that works well enough to start getting some decent wins. It is kind of cool how one weakness on just one of the toons can change the whole team.

Thanks again.