PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Desert Sniper

Stormseye
07-17-2018, 02:23 PM
So we have a new character. I am a bit disappointed in the talisman slots being 2W/1S but I understand not going with 3 Assassin slots with that passive. Everyone would just run Shadow sets if that was the case. I am currently experimenting with strike and energy but may test something else that would benefit from the perfect strike. Tough to do debuff sets as Immunity is so common that it has to be considered as a given against any builds. Maybe running Echo and Advantage would be a viable option too.

Ip4
07-17-2018, 02:37 PM
thank you for opening this thread,i like his passive and his attack is not bad but still thinking to use 4 skill shards on him or not?

Stormseye
07-17-2018, 02:41 PM
thank you for opening this thread,i like his passive and his attack is not bad but still thinking to use 4 skill shards on him or not?

I would not put in skill shards just yet until I had more input from others and testing or had shards to burn. I don't know if he has a place in my PVP builds just yet though he seems a descent damager clearing LoL.

BlackDragon
07-19-2018, 08:27 PM
Well, the key question is about his basic attack... bonus damage for every buff, sure, but how MUCH? Enough to neutralize a shield? Probably not by itself, but with a few more? There's lots of potent passives that layer a stack of 2-4 buffs on everyone, often including a shield of some kind - if the boost is enough to let him actually do EXTRA damage to someone like that rather than reduced, he may be a player indeed.

Peppoah
07-19-2018, 09:09 PM
I fought one in the arena on Tuesday and he didn’t leave an impression or made a difference. I faced only one in over 380 battles this week. Maybe he was in the wrong team, but my guess is, that he’s not so good.

Yup
07-19-2018, 10:05 PM
He's not... MAYBE with Echo talismans he might be better but to me he's merely another general toon like the Assassin Hellhound really... He doesn't hit ANYWHERE near as hard as the Desert Marauder. And doesn't really offer any any benefits other than he has shroud always.. but shroud can be stolen too.. he merely regains it at his turn (if passives aren't disabled). Meanwhile whoever steals it also gets Shroud.