PDA

View Full Version : I keep getting 3* characters. Nothing higher even with rare soul gems

hooahguy
08-24-2016, 02:00 AM
Im already halfway through the Underworld section and Its basically impossible now to win without at least one revive since I only have one 4* character (a Hellhound who is amazing) but everyone else is just level 3. Its taking ages to get the necessary evolution shards even with this new rifts update. My characters are fully levelled up with a lot of them having 3* talismans. I have gone through the daily rewards twice now, and I got the final reward today. I got a 3* gunner dog. Like really? All that for a 3* character? Then I spent some of my ironite on a couple of rare soul gems. The first one got me a 3* harpy, which I have no use for. The second one got me another 3* character, I forget which one. Point is, at a certain point getting all these 3* characters is really hurting my ability to keep going in the game because my guys just cant keep up. I could just keep spending the ironite to revive but it shouldnt take that.

Gonzo
08-24-2016, 02:09 AM
Your talismans are too low. Talismans are the most important thing in the game.

hooahguy
08-24-2016, 02:15 AM
Almost all of them are at level 3. I know they are super important and Ive read the guides here about them but its hard to go up against 4* characters when you are so outgunned with 3* characters.

Gonzo
08-24-2016, 02:18 AM
Level 3 talismans is not enough. Once you level them you'll be breezing against 4*.

I've been saying this a lot lately, it's not supposed to be easy. Trust me, level up the talismans and let me know ;)

aur0ra85
08-24-2016, 02:25 AM
Almost all of them are at level 3. I know they are super important and Ive read the guides here about them but its hard to go up against 4* characters when you are so outgunned with 3* characters.

The best solution is to just keep grinding and refilling sands of time. I know you prob didn't want to hear that tho. Try posting your characters and maybe people can give you some ideas on how to build them up. A few bargain bin 3 star characters are the blue allied soldier, green undead and regular allied soldiers, purple mummy dog that comes from regular assassin souls, soldier Eddie, green demon, red pharaoh spirit thingy, regular Eddie. good luck.

DIEDD
08-24-2016, 03:34 AM
hahaha it is exactly what happened to me but I focus on improving the characters already had and could progress in the game.
PS: also my first character was a hellhound he took me to victory

Jennie-5128
08-24-2016, 07:27 AM
OP: I know it's dull & frustrating to keep having to do the same levels over & over to improve your characters a little bit, but that's the way the game is. That's the c way all these type of games are. Gonzo is right, to progress further you need to concentrate on your talismans

Urtoroth
08-24-2016, 09:12 AM
I just purchased 10 rare souls via Ironite and got a 5* Pharaoh Dog King. The other 9 were rapidly sold xD

Aristo4
08-25-2016, 05:31 PM
Just bought the 3 rare soul pack for 225 Ironite.

Pharaoh Dog King 5*
Angel Of Fear 4*
Blue Allied 3*

The other day 1 rare soul bought and 5* cyborg eddie so I guess everything's possible people...just some bad/good luck

The Educated fool
08-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Damn man... I think I'd go buy a lottery ticket right now, if I were you. :cool:

OpticSugar
08-25-2016, 06:26 PM
The other day 1 rare soul bought and 5* cyborg eddie so I guess everything's possible people...just some bad/good luck

I couldn't be more jealous... that is my most coveted character in the game. If I had one I would hug him and squeeze him and call him George.

Seriously though... he is a beast.

Aristo4
08-25-2016, 07:54 PM
I couldn't be more jealous... that is my most coveted character in the game. If I had one I would hug him and squeeze him and call him George.

Seriously though... he is a beast.

yeah he's something :)
I think you're on my trooper list and tried him (not maxed talis yet).

edit: I call mine Alex, short for Alexander - since he's from my fav album ever and the original alexander was from not far from where I live

DIEDD
08-25-2016, 10:00 PM
Just bought the 3 rare soul pack for 225 Ironite.

Pharaoh Dog King 5*
Angel Of Fear 4*
Blue Allied 3*

Cyborg eddie? damn you're a very lucky guy congratulations

Olevipoeg
08-30-2016, 08:16 AM
I noticed also, sometimes you get good loot from souls and sometimes you can open dozen souls and get only worthless chars. It could be sheer luck or it could be game team internal tweaking or even error in random number generating algorithm. So i use regular 2 star souls to get hint about how my lucky star is feeling today. I open 5 regular souls and if no red then stop. If i got red, then I'll try rare soul. I got 3 red characters from last 10 rare souls this way.

Dutch
08-30-2016, 08:58 AM
I noticed also, sometimes you get good loot from souls and sometimes you can open dozen souls and get only worthless chars. It could be sheer luck or it could be game team internal tweaking or even error in random number generating algorithm. So i use regular 2 star souls to get hint about how my lucky star is feeling today. I open 5 regular souls and if no red then stop. If i got red, then I'll try rare soul. I got 3 red characters from last 10 rare souls this way.

lol i love the rituals, i will try this, it seems to make more sense than my routine, i take my left sock off and spin around whilst singing 'i should be so lucky' by Kylie Minoque

Olevipoeg
08-30-2016, 09:31 AM
Generating random numbers with correct distribution is not so trivial task actually. I have MA in math. :)

PerthEddie
08-30-2016, 09:31 AM
i take my left sock off and spin around whilst singing 'i should be so lucky' by Kylie Minoque

Ha Ha :D :D :D

Aristo4
08-30-2016, 01:09 PM
I took my socks off too, sung wasted years, opened 1 rare soul obtained right now on the rift and.....

5* pharaoh eddie :D

OpticSugar
08-30-2016, 01:23 PM
I took my socks off too, sung wasted years, opened 1 rare soul obtained right now on the rift and.....

5* pharaoh eddie :D

WOAH! I'm definitely going to try that!

Xilix69@hotmail.com
09-21-2016, 01:08 AM
Just opened my 24th Rare Gun/Assassin Soul.... Received my 24th 3 star piece of crap!! ��

Game was enjoyable for awhile, but now I'm done. The drop rates in this game are horrendous!

Kaijester
09-21-2016, 05:39 AM
Maybe it's your luck..? I've gotten Samurai Eddie, Warrior Bomber Boy, Assassin & Gunner Golden Son in the past two weeks.

Dutch
09-21-2016, 09:11 AM
i think they might have adjusted the drop rates on the 4 and 5* rare souls as so far this week not gotten a single 4*

XcarecroW
09-21-2016, 09:15 AM
Dutch better save al your stuff for the next update, i am saving trooper points, rare souls and regular souls. I am not spending anything. I am waiting for that 'sacrifice' option the devs talked about.

Dutch
09-21-2016, 09:31 AM
yeah been savin regular ones but get too excited when i get a rare and open it up so will try and save those. i need them to sort the sacrifice thing, im running out of space, my whole library is clogged up with eddies

BillLion
09-21-2016, 12:08 PM
yeah been savin regular ones but get too excited when i get a rare and open it up so will try and save those. i need them to sort the sacrifice thing, im running out of space, my whole library is clogged up with eddies

That's my issue. I save awhile, get excited and then...well, you know.

I am going to try opening 3 gunner/assassin rare souls at one time in a couple days to see what happens. I know Cyborg Eddie is highly unlikely, but somebody has to get him!

Dutch
09-21-2016, 12:12 PM
That's my issue. I save awhile, get excited and then...well, you know.

I am going to try opening 3 gunner/assassin rare souls at one time in a couple days to see what happens. I know Cyborg Eddie is highly unlikely, but somebody has to get him!

fingers crossed pal, i really want that vamp eddie

BillLion
09-21-2016, 12:17 PM
fingers crossed pal, i really want that vamp eddie

Well, back at ya. Let's hope we're both tapping glasses congratulating one another real soon

JtheFish-0012
10-07-2016, 11:29 PM
I couldn't wait and opened 5 magus souls. What a disappointment. Newborn of Light, Allied Soldier, Corrupt Owl Cultist, Axis Soldier and Speed of Light Eddie. ALL at 3*. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't already have multiple of all of them already especially after grinding for the Trooper points every day. Could've at least given me one at 4* or something. Those were the 15th through 20th Magus souls I opened as well hoping for something good. I probably should've waited like all of you for the next update. Maybe I will get the Corrupted General one day after its all good and nerfed and 100 souls later.

Nicko
10-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Posted this on another thread inadvertently, so apologize for the dupe as this really belongs here, but hopefully things are changing...cause my luck with rare souls has been dismal the last couple weeks (after a great start)

Has the Rare Soul RNG Been Tweaked - or should I Play the Lottery?
Opened 31 rare souls today.

Started with one to test the water - heard Bruce scream. A 4* Angel of Pain. In the last few weeks, everything has been crap so I see that as a good sign.

Drop 10 in - Pharaoh Eddie!

Drop 10 more - Alliance General!

Drop 10 more - Carriage Rider Eddie (though I already have him)

I will say my luck with souls has been pretty good over time compared to many - but never anything like this.

Anyone else hit the Rare Soul jackpot this morning? Wondering if they pushed the "Generosity" button...

aur0ra85
10-09-2016, 03:05 PM
It's starting to become obvious that the premium character drop rate is at about 10%. Devs confirmed the premium drop rate has not changed, and is not changing.

Aristo4
10-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Depends what you call premium though...I've seen people complaining about certain 4* chars that I label as premiums.

Nicko
10-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Then I just got really lucky this morning that my Premium was an Alliance General and not a Sentinel Pyro Soldier...assuming Premium is any 4-5 * Character

But your stat fits right in line with the percentages I saw this morning

aur0ra85
10-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Depends what you call premium though...I've seen people complaining about certain 4* chars that I label as premiums.
I consider all 4* characters premium. We probably won't know for sure what the drop rate of 5* toons is until after eagle opens all his rare souls. Ditto for the gunner, but it looks like premium drop rate is similar from a very small sample size. Almost all the 4* toons are solid in their own right, and from the looks of the change log, that appears to be the goal of the dev team.

aur0ra85
10-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Then I just got really lucky this morning that my Premium was an Alliance General and not a Sentinel Pyro Soldier...assuming Premium is any 4-5 * Character

But your stat fits right in line with the percentages I saw this morning

And you knocked it out of the park this morn with the RNG man, nice work. A Pharoah. CR, and the general? Wow.

Nekroliun
10-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Today i also got a premium! From a regular soul...

Aristo4
10-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Today i also got a premium! From a regular soul...

I get furious when the book of souls turns red and a 3* ox cultist appears :mad:

Nekroliun
10-09-2016, 04:23 PM
i get furious when the book of souls turns red and a 3* ox cultist appears :mad:

ikr iz zo anoying

...when i first started the game i got lucky with a SOL from a regular soul (i used him till i thought, damned sol is shit! Mid battlefield...)

JtheFish-0012
10-19-2016, 04:57 AM
Just got the update and had some trooper points saved up so I bought 3 magus souls. Lo and behold I get 3 3* Corrupt Owl Cultists. Nothing like giving me dupes but all 3 are the same thing. What is up with that. C'mon. This RNG is worse than Destiny by a longshot.

macmar
10-21-2016, 02:14 PM
I've seen in different videos that many people don't use all souls at the same time... has anyone found if you can get a "better" reward if you do it separately??? I haven't get any good things from over 50 rare souls using them all at once, but the only time that I did it each one apart I got a 3* Speed of Light Eddie (3* but at least Eddie...) so... have you tried it???

Arcturus
10-21-2016, 03:09 PM
I've seen in different videos that many people don't use all souls at the same time... has anyone found if you can get a "better" reward if you do it separately??? I haven't get any good things from over 50 rare souls using them all at once, but the only time that I did it each one apart I got a 3* Speed of Light Eddie (3* but at least Eddie...) so... have you tried it???

I'd put money down that it doesn't matter. It's random. So you'll definitely get a lot of people saying they only got their 5* toon from using 1 soul instead of 50, but there will be a lot of selection bias. But by all means, do whatever you feel brings you luck!

The Educated fool
10-21-2016, 05:11 PM
I'd put money down that it doesn't matter. It's random. So you'll definitely get a lot of people saying they only got their 5* toon from using 1 soul instead of 50, but there will be a lot of selection bias. But by all means, do whatever you feel brings you luck!

Exactly this... though personally, my two luckiest pulls (Corrupt General and The Prisoner) were both single soul opens, and both were souls that dropped from secret locations. I know this is only coincidence though. Random randomness...