PDA

View Full Version : Surviving Doom???

DanteCel0623
07-22-2018, 08:50 PM
Well something weird (I think) happened a few mins ago, while playing garden of dismay x on auto and the dragon set doom on my PoM, then my assasin golden son placed endure but this is the weird part, my PoM used his fury and stayed alive after removing doom, is that common if i have endure?

Stormseye
07-22-2018, 11:16 PM
PoM eddie removes everything including Doom. The debuffs and buff never have a chance to trigger. Same thing happens when he removes Trap. It does not trigger. What will trigger is Perfect Immortality- which I dissagree with. It should remove all buffs/debuffs then deal damage.

TheAlbatross-1864
07-23-2018, 06:15 PM
I believe they made it so if doom is removed or cleansed you no longer suffer the effects of doom. I know it used to be if I used PoM eddie’s fury with doom on it would kill him, but i think thats no longer the case

osiris0000
07-23-2018, 07:07 PM
Beast eddie fury also removes all silver debuffs from allies, doom included

TheAlbatross-1864
07-23-2018, 09:36 PM
Mystic Eddie now also removes silver debuff from allies

Stormseye
07-23-2018, 09:48 PM
I am not sure but I think Clansman will also clear Doom. Wonder if Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer will cure it as well?

90mphyorker
07-23-2018, 10:44 PM
Clansman does clear doom but not it’s effect. So when you clear it you just die.

DanteCel0623
07-24-2018, 03:26 AM
now i see how it works, yes they changed it because back then when you remove doom with PoM fury it triggers the effect its good to know, now i can be full auto on almost every bnw x, i need to find a good team for garden of life

Sidney
07-25-2018, 12:26 PM
now i see how it works, yes they changed it because back then when you remove doom with PoM fury it triggers the effect its good to know, now i can be full auto on almost every bnw x, i need to find a good team for garden of life

I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll PM you my GoL X farming team. They clear it usually in under 3 minutes.

dragonmat89
07-25-2018, 12:51 PM
On the topic of Doom, is it meant to act as permadeath too? If a char with (Perfect) Immortality and Doom dies then it doesn't revive - never been sure if this is intentional or not.

Blade
07-25-2018, 12:53 PM
Clansman does clear doom but not it’s effect. So when you clear it you just die.

No, this was changed in the last bigger update. Your char does not die, when Clansman removes Doom. If this happens, it is more likely related to additional debuffs, especially crave.

Stormseye
07-25-2018, 02:02 PM
On the topic of Doom, is it meant to act as permadeath too? If a char with (Perfect) Immortality and Doom dies then it doesn't revive - never been sure if this is intentional or not.

I always thought Doomed characters are considered Permadeath but recently that is not the case as sometimes in PVP facing Beast Eddie he will Doom my Gunner Lilith (he always targets her) she will die and instantly be revived from Angel of Mercy passive. This happens every time.

I have not tested the Clansman removal of Doom but I thought it was changed to not kill the ally when it is cleansed as is the same with PoM Eddie when he clears it with Fury.

Yup
07-25-2018, 04:59 PM

Much like Ghost, if you die while the buff is active, then yes, revive is blocked. So it is a sort of permadeth.

As Stormeye points out, for the longest time removing Doom meant death. Which is the way Ghost works. They reportedly corrected that at some point but I haven't tested it.

I will say.. I've seen Alex Ed steal Ghost from a character and the character dies, then when the stolen Ghost buff gets to 0, ghost just disappears and doesn't kill Alex Ed. So... I don't think they REALLY know how things are working or how to sort out the maze of abilities and their effects due to various characters or other buffs. In short.. it's a bug-fest.. you get what you get much of the time.

Also realize as a grey buff Doom was technically never supposed to be removable.. but they changed their mind (and introduced more bugs).

For me the only sure way to deal with Doom is to never get it via immunity or Astra's passive, etc. or to complete the battle before it hits 0.

Stormseye
07-25-2018, 06:06 PM
Just tested with Clansman against Beast Eddie and Doom is removed by Clansman without killing the ally.

Side note - Yup I hate your Alex- he went 6 times in a row....6!!!! not even an exaggeration. LoL

Yup
07-25-2018, 06:07 PM
Yeah I know... I'm just getting people back for their Magus Lilith taking 6 or 7 turns in a row :)

Stormseye
07-26-2018, 09:46 PM
Just had my Sentinel Lillith killed while Doom was on her from Sekemet and was instantly revived by the Angel of Mercy Passive since she was first to die. Odd