PDA

View Full Version : The Gauntlet - BETA DETAILS

Pages : [1] 2

Leviathan
08-01-2018, 12:39 AM
The Gauntlet rollout has begun!

We're extremely excited to start rolling out the feature to our players.

Initially we'll be starting out with a small, randomly selected set of our players on both platforms (iOS and Android).

If your account isn't one of the first to have access to the beta don't despair, we will be increasing the percentage of players that have access as the test progresses and stability holds.

**Please note that the selection process is completely random and by device, it's quite possible that you could have access to Gauntlet on a single device on a single platform or or if you're lucky you could be on multiple.

What is Gauntlet? Put your team roster to the test! Battle through 11 Grades of Gauntlet, each presenting unique challenges and rewards to earn a place on our Ranked Leaderboard. The Ranked Rewards in the Gauntlet change every 2 weeks, so check back often to see what's new.

You can learn more in The Gauntlet section of the in-game Help menu!

IMPORTANT: The Gauntlet is still in beta so expect tuning changes and updates throughout your participation. Please be aware that we may switch this game mode off at any time.

Furthermore, the rewards being offered during this period are different than what will be offered once Gauntlet is out of Beta. We’ll be sure to let everyone know once the beta period rewards make the switch over to the official Gauntlet Season rewards.

Send us reports on any bugs you encounter as the beta rollout expands! We’ve created a specific forum thread for all Gauntlet related bug reports (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10513-Gauntlet-Beta-Official-Bug-Report-Thread). Please post all information there. If you contact our support team, please ensure you state that the bug you’re reporting occurred in our Gauntlet feature.

Up the Irons \m/

Tuning Changes:

August 7th, 2018: This afternoon we made a few tuning changes to the Gauntlet. The difficulty ramping in the Gauntlet has been adjusted to make it easier in the earlier Grades and smooth out the transition into the later Grades (Note: You'll only notice these changes if/when you enter a new grade).

Let us know how you're finding these changes!

This is just the first tuning adjustment we are making and will continue to monitor player progression and feedback as we work towards additional improvements over the course of the Beta.

Aristo4
08-01-2018, 03:41 AM
Gauntlet is super fun, I've been playing two hours now.
Very nice :cool:

zamasu
08-01-2018, 03:42 AM
Can I ger into beta? Pretty pretty pleaseee?

Aristo4
08-01-2018, 03:44 AM
Can I ger into beta? Pretty pretty pleaseee?

No, it's only for select players, sorry

Yup
08-01-2018, 03:53 AM
Basically you need to be in the King II tier or better of the PvP rankings to get to the Gauntlet currently. Assuming I understand "Players Ranked 10" comment. But who knows. They use "rank" in so many varying ways it's hard to tell.

zamasu
08-01-2018, 04:03 AM
Basically you need to be in the King II tier or better of the PvP rankings to get to the Gauntlet currently. Assuming I understand "Players Ranked 10" comment. But who knows. They use "rank" in so many varying ways it's hard to tell.

������

That's interesting. You're aroun the 25th mark, I'm in the 80th mark. You didn't get in either?

Yup
08-01-2018, 04:05 AM
Nah.. seems my relics are really failing me at the moment. Waiting for the meta the flip the switch and stop giving the defense that huge annoying accuracy boost.

satani
08-01-2018, 04:08 AM

cant be. im in germany, usually playing for duellant I, rarely higher, am currently duellant II (7804) on my oldest device (nearly day one) and have access on that account, my other 2 dont. i will report later.

Alvorada
08-01-2018, 04:10 AM

I think this particular matter the term "rank" means the player level, not the position in the Arena rank.

To the devs:

There are a schedule to add new players in the beta testing?

Yup
08-01-2018, 04:11 AM
well. like I posted.. really not sure what "players ranked 10" even means. Sometimes they use "rank" to mean "rank". Sometimes they use "rank" to mean "level". I tried pointing that out to devs but they just weren't interested.

Maybe it means players at level 10?? Or maybe that text is merely 100% completely inaccurate, it wouldn't be the first time.

zamasu
08-01-2018, 04:13 AM
well. like I posted.. really not sure what "players ranked 10" even means. Sometimes they use "rank" to mean "rank". Sometimes they use "rank" to mean "level". I tried pointing that out to devs but they just weren't interested.

Maybe it means players at level 10?? Or maybe that text is merely 100% completely inaccurate, it wouldn't be the first time.

Where did you find that text of "rank 10"? Maybe 10% of active players?

Yup
08-01-2018, 04:16 AM
Help section.. under Gauntlet as Leviathan pointed out.

I could have misunderstood :) That wouldn't be new either :)

"The Gauntlet Unlocks at Player Rank 10" - Perhaps that's just general text for when it's fully live.

Fudjo
08-01-2018, 04:18 AM

I'm in the Gauntlet but I've never finished higher than Warlord III. Leviathan's post said it's a random selection of players, so I'm assuming it's a random selection of very active players.

First impressions:

- You'll be spending a lot of Ironite. Each battle costs an increasing amount of Sands of War (not Time) based on what tier you're battling in. 1 SOW to start in the first tier, then 2 SOW per battle in the second tier, then 3 SOW per battle, etc.

- Hoo boy the difficulty ramps up quickly. The first couple of tiers feel like introductory battles. Very soon, however, you're up against all Lvl 100 enemies with Primordial, Eternal, and Eclipse talismans. If you see it in the Arena, you'll see it in the Gauntlet.

- There's a "hardcore mode" aspect to it, as well. That bit about how you can only use a toon or Eddie once in a given tier? That includes if you lose. You could very easily find yourself unable to complete a tier.

- You will need a very deep roster to get through this. Not just to cover the risk of losses, but you'll get tiers where the classes of toons and Eddies you can use is restricted, like only Blue and Red. You'll need to win 3 or 4 battles for those tiers and your opponents aren't monkeying around. You'll want to plan out how you approach these battles and you may want to consider swapping in talismans from other toons just to make sure you're geared up right. As a rough guess, you'll need at least 6 fully-leveled, fully-sharded toons in each color plus at least 2 fully-leveled, fully-sharded Eddies in each color.

- You will need to write down all of your Eddies and toons, including whether or not they're fully-sharded and what talismans they have. It will be crucial for making team decisions for each battle.

- It's fun. It's a good mental challenge to decide on your teams for each battle. The stakes are higher with the hardcore feel of it. You definitely have to use a lot of your toons and you get some fun matchups.

zamasu
08-01-2018, 04:25 AM
Fudjo, thanks for the info!
How about the rewards? Are the Iron Coins worth it?
How does the ranking system works?

Yup
08-01-2018, 04:34 AM
Well, Leviathan pointed out that current rewards are not what actual rewards will be.

Fudjo
08-01-2018, 04:37 AM
Fudjo, thanks for the info!
How about the rewards? Are the Iron Coins worth it?
How does the ranking system works?

Hey, you're welcome!

For the rewards, there are ranked rewards at the end of each "season", like the weekly rewards in the Arena. They're currently things like Mythic Soul fragments, Heroic Soul fragments, and Shadow talismans. There are also rewards for progressing through the tiers themselves, such as Iron Coins, Precious Souls, and Heroic Soul fragments. I also see a Skill Shard coming up if I beat Tier B. The current batch of rewards is just for the beta and they've mentioned they'll have Gauntlet-exclusive rewards like talismans and toons when the Gauntlet goes live for realsies. As for whether the Iron Coins you get are worth it, it's hard to say just yet, but it looks like the coin rewards ramp up pretty quickly. I'm only up to Tier B right now and I've spent 60 Ironite for the sake of checking stuff out, and I guess I'd say that spending the same amount in the Arena would pay off better. It depends on how the coin rewards scale at higher levels, I suppose.

I haven't gotten too far into it to see exactly how the ranking works, and it looks like everyone is unranked in the beta. It's definitely based on how high up the tiers you climb and then presumably there's some sort of additional scoring on top of that.

rags-6094
08-01-2018, 05:21 AM
I think you got it right Yup rank is Arena rank 10 or above... that's a shame I finished 15 last week King 3 and I was pretty proud of that effort...
Guess we won't be too far off being offered the gauntlet to though...

rags-6094
08-01-2018, 05:23 AM
Oops perhaps I spoke to soon... what rank are you Fudjo?

zamasu
08-01-2018, 05:36 AM
Fudjo! Thanks again. Looks like it is a lot of fun!

And I think yup got a little confused about the rank. He got it from the in-game infom and it just means that gauntlet gets unlocked once you reach level 10 (like when you rank up to level 10 and can add an extra trooper to your trooper list at the beginning of the game).

rags-6094
08-01-2018, 05:56 AM
That makes sense thanks for sorting my confusion in the process...
Sounds awesome Fudjo, guess I better check I meet all those criteria whilst I'm not in gauntlet just yet...

natasar
08-01-2018, 06:32 AM
Are you able to use dupes? Been saving up a lot of them lately, just in case... If I remember correctly, the devs said something like we would be able to use them, but, however, there would be some tiers where dupes are excluded. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? Thanks!

Deathbat6120
08-01-2018, 09:37 AM
This sounds awesome, can't wait for the full release!
However, am I the only one who doesn't have the Gauntlet section in the in-game help guide? Or is this only for those playing the beta?

Nifelheim
08-01-2018, 10:17 AM
I'm in. Usually finish arena at dualist I 99% of the time. Not far in gauntlet, I don't have a red/blue team that can beat primordials etc. my rewards show fate talismans, not shadow.

Blade
08-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Sounds interesting! Special thanks to Fudjo for sharing some of the details. We will see, how the Gauntlet will look like after the beta. I hope the testers were selected cleverly (even though it was "random"), so that many different devices and operating systems are tested for bugs and other problems. Increasing SoW from tier to tier would be quite heavy I think. Or maybe then the SoW maximum will increase to some higher numbers, maybe 25 or something? I am happy to read some more opinions from the testers here! Thanks and have fun!

Moonchild-6759
08-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Great to see this feature coming! I was not among the lucky ones myself and i'd be very interested in knowing if/when you'll let more people play it? Are we talking a week, a couple of weeks or how is it playing out?

Rain88
08-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Are you able to use dupes? Been saving up a lot of them lately, just in case... If I remember correctly, the devs said something like we would be able to use them, but, however, there would be some tiers where dupes are excluded. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? Thanks!

So far i can use dupes but didn't reach higher tiers so

Coletrain
08-01-2018, 01:05 PM
Hi Leviathan, with the apparent cost of Sands of War for Gauntlet, will there be any changes to that system? More ways to earn sands of war, increased cap, reduction in recharge time, etc?

Fudjo
08-01-2018, 01:13 PM
I'm in. Usually finish arena at dualist I 99% of the time. Not far in gauntlet, I don't have a red/blue team that can beat primordials etc. my rewards show fate talismans, not shadow.

Ah yes, you're right. Fate talismans, not Shadow.

As for dupes, in the beta tiers you can use them at least through tier B. I'm on tier A right now and the special rule is "No duplicate characters."

Fudjo
08-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Great to see this feature coming! I was not among the lucky ones myself and i'd be very interested in knowing if/when you'll let more people play it? Are we talking a week, a couple of weeks or how is it playing out?

The current "season" has four days left.

RobG-9641
08-01-2018, 02:15 PM
If you lose a battle in Gauntlet, do you lose rank and drop down in levels? Or, are you just not able to go higher until you win and stay at current level?

Fudjo
08-01-2018, 02:57 PM
If you lose a battle in Gauntlet, do you lose rank and drop down in levels? Or, are you just not able to go higher until you win and stay at current level?

As far as I know, once you reach a tier you stay there until you complete it. There are multiple battles to be fought at each tier.

Ip4
08-01-2018, 03:36 PM
this is something like "distance mode" in walking dead no mans land...

Fudjo
08-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Figured I'd give you all some insight into the type of battles you'll face. Here's what I'm up against in Tier A:

Special Rule: No duplicate characters

6 battles, complete all 6 in any order to finish the tier

Battle 1
Navigator Eddie
Purple Corrupt Droid
Red Undead Rescuer (with Steel and Immunity)
Purple Corrupt Droid

Battle 2
Clansman Eddie
Wrath
Yellow Child of the Damned
Yellow Corrupt Rescuer

Battle 3
Grim Reaper Eddie
Green Lilith
Green Golden Sun
Blue Lilith (I don't recall her having Destiny)

Battle 4
Edward the Great
Red Allied Soldier
Warlord
Purple Sniper

Battle 5
Grim Reaper Eddie
Angel of Fear
Purple Child of the Damned
Yellow Golden Sun

Battle 6
Trooper Eddie
Lady Azov
Sekhmet
Golden Pharaoh Dog

I don't know if the opposing teams are randomized for each player or if it's a fixed set for everyone.

Iced_Earth
08-01-2018, 04:22 PM
do you have some screenshots?

desprezo
08-01-2018, 04:33 PM
+1 for screenshots!

Kamuz24z
08-01-2018, 04:42 PM
I’m able to play gauntlet in my tablet but I don’t have access in my phone same account both my phone and tablet are apple products

Nifelheim
08-01-2018, 05:04 PM
I believe it's randomized, just other players def lines. The bad thing is the opponent list doesn't reset after a few hours, and can't reset like arena. And if it crashes mid battle, counts as a loss and you can't use that toon again.

LOTB_Mia
08-01-2018, 05:11 PM
I’m able to play gauntlet in my tablet but I don’t have access in my phone same account both my phone and tablet are apple products

Hi Kamuz!

Thought I'd jump in here, to avoid any confusion.

We're using a randomizing tool to roll out the beta access. This tool gives access to a "device", not a player account. It's conceivable that if you play on multiple devices or across both platforms that only one device will have access.

Right now we've limited access to a very small percentage of our player base however we will be increasing that shortly. I'll add the device specific detail to Leviathan's post.

Cheers
Mia \m/

Nicko
08-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Wow! Will need to go home and check my tablet. Probably won’t make a difference but it’s worth a shot.

Thanks Mia and Kamuz

LOTB_Mia
08-01-2018, 05:27 PM
:) Good luck!

Zerynx
08-01-2018, 07:06 PM
So I had it this morning, now it's gone?

Was fun! Though the third level team led by Beast Eddie destroyed my best Magus/Warrior team. Was wondering how I was going to get past that. Guess I need not worry about that now.

Leviathan
08-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Hey Guys!

Just a heads up that we have temporarily disabled Gauntlet for those who had beta access just to make a couple changes. You'll see it back online again shortly!

Kamuz24z
08-01-2018, 07:19 PM
I was about to let you know about it,
So far I’ve only noticed what others have said already the game freezes after winning a fight. Speed, animation, sound etc all working normal

blade685
08-01-2018, 08:22 PM
where is the gauntlet menu in game?

Mercifal
08-01-2018, 08:33 PM
where is the gauntlet menu in game?

Not available for everyone. Just beta testers.

blade685
08-01-2018, 08:36 PM
Not available for everyone. Just beta testers.

i know but where one player can give us a screen shot? :)

Fudjo
08-01-2018, 08:44 PM
i know but where one player can give us a screen shot? :)

The Gauntlet is disabled right now while the Devs make some changes. Once it's back, I'll see about getting some screenshots.

blade685
08-01-2018, 08:50 PM
The Gauntlet is disabled right now while the Devs make some changes. Once it's back, I'll see about getting some screenshots.

ok thanks and now you didn't see anything, where it was?

Zerynx
08-01-2018, 09:01 PM

It was a choice after you hit the PVP button. Arena or Gauntlet.

Fudjo
08-01-2018, 09:09 PM

Yeah, it's completely shut off and inaccessible while the Devs make changes. Hopefully they'll finish up soon because I want to complete Tier A. :)

blade685
08-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Yeah, it's completely shut off and inaccessible while the Devs make changes. Hopefully they'll finish up soon because I want to complete Tier A. :)

i just want to test it but don't seems to be in short list top 5 is too low perhaps :)

The Educated fool
08-01-2018, 09:35 PM
No Gauntlet for this cowboy, naturally. lol :cool: How did we make it 6 pages deep in this thread without a single screenshot?? First one to post one deserves 150 ironite... :p

Kamuz24z
08-01-2018, 09:45 PM
I can’t post screenshots on mobile.
Do you prefer a video?

blade685
08-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Do you prefer a video?

a video? why not lol

The Educated fool
08-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Do you prefer a video?

Dude, I'd be happy with an etching, at this point... ;)

Kamuz24z
08-01-2018, 09:53 PM
https://youtu.be/j3kTbTcdoA0
There you go guys

The Educated fool
08-01-2018, 09:55 PM
There you go guys

Many thanks, good sir! :cool:

Leviathan
08-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Hello again!

To all our Gauntlet Beta players, this morning we discovered a bug in the Gauntlet system. This bug has now been solved, and all Gauntlet progress has been reset to the starting Grade.

We've also slightly increased the size of our rollout!

Cheers \m/

Muzzleloader
08-01-2018, 09:59 PM
How much SoW does it take to complete an event, if you win all battles.

Zerynx
08-01-2018, 10:05 PM

Here is the start screen

Zerynx
08-01-2018, 10:06 PM

Cool animation into the fight sequence.

Zerynx
08-01-2018, 10:07 PM

Fight Screen

blade685
08-01-2018, 10:10 PM
thanks all

Amarthir
08-01-2018, 10:15 PM

Fight Screen

Reminds me of how the first days of the arena looked. Can't wait to give it the old college try when it rolls around to me

blade685
08-01-2018, 10:39 PM
i can't test it and did that so bad week event for 6 no need talismans :rolleyes:

T-Man
08-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Hi Kamuz!

Thought I'd jump in here, to avoid any confusion.

We're using a randomizing tool to roll out the beta access. This tool gives access to a "device", not a player account. It's conceivable that if you play on multiple devices or across both platforms that only one device will have access.

Right now we've limited access to a very small percentage of our player base however we will be increasing that shortly. I'll add the device specific detail to Leviathan's post.

Cheers
Mia \m/

Gauntlet wasn’t not on either of my iOS devices. Just check my android emulator after reading this, and there it was. I only play the emulator when iOS is down. Any chance you guys could switch it to one of my iOS devices? Otherwise I really won’t have much time to play on the pc. I really suck on the emulator as well. Lol If not I’ll do the best I can.

Thanks!

Rain88
08-02-2018, 01:42 AM
People who were waiting for the gauntlet to get more iron coins would be disappointed most probably. At the third stage for example , you would need 9 sand of war to clear, which will get you 36 iron coins (9 sand of war = minimum 90 iron coins in the arena). So far it's definitely better off sticking to arena for iron coins

T-Man
08-02-2018, 03:12 AM
People who were waiting for the gauntlet to get more iron coins would be disappointed most probably. At the third stage for example , you would need 9 sand of war to clear, which will get you 36 iron coins (9 sand of war = minimum 90 iron coins in the arena). So far it's definitely better off sticking to arena for iron coins

Yea, I agree. Seeing the SoW go up to 2 per battle at the 2nd stage surprised me. Gauntlet looks to be fun, but quite costly.

Alvorada
08-02-2018, 04:10 AM

Yea, I agree. Seeing the SoW go up to 2 per battle at the 2nd stage surprised me. Gauntlet looks to be fun, but quite costly.

Gauntlet wasn't supposed to award with frontier coins??

I assume that curent iron coin as reward its just during the beta test, in order to prevent unbalace adventage to the playres select to do the test.

Moonchild-6759
08-02-2018, 05:37 AM
The rewards are said to change when it opens to all of us and goes ‘live’

Fudjo
08-02-2018, 05:44 AM
I believe it's randomized, just other players def lines.

Perhaps it picks a random selection of characters from a given player to make a team? That's what it's looking like, anyway. There isn't an option to choose a defensive team in the Gauntlet.

Rain88
08-02-2018, 06:43 AM
Gauntlet wasn't supposed to award with frontier coins??

I assume that curent iron coin as reward its just during the beta test, in order to prevent unbalace adventage to the playres select to do the test.

Iron coins are rewards for completing every battle (i.e. 12 iron coins per battle for 3 sands of war in stage 3), frontier coins would be the ranked reward... the reward you would get at the end depending on your ranking... #1 would get 150 frontier coins #2-10 would get 100 frontier coins and so on...

Zerynx
08-02-2018, 06:44 AM
I completed this battle at approx 01:08 CDT. (06:08 GMT) and I clearly won, but it just hung at this point.

After about 5 min of waiting it changed to this:

Finally after about 10 min I quit the game and relaunched. It showed that I still have not passed the level:

This sucks because when you lose, your Toons get counted as used. Well, I already lost this board, but got it this time.

These boards can only be played with Warrior or Magus Toons. SOOoooo now I'm not sure I can get past this board right now. (Going to have to work on what's left of the team.)

Anyway, thought I would report.

Thanks!
Z

Banished
08-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Hi,

I tried the gauntlet this morning. They fixed a bug already. I cleared the F.

I like it because you have to be very strategic when you are creating your team for each PVP battle.

Your team is cleared when you reach the next level.

Nice new PVP gameplay.

Edit: my concern is that some players have a big advantage because of the skill shard bug during last sacrifice event. With 500 skill shard, you can fully skill all your characters and have strong team for each level of the gauntlet

ericgallucci
08-02-2018, 08:29 AM
I like the mode but I just cleared gauntlet B, which is the fifth one. It was pretty easy but it was five battles at five sands of war each battle. That’s 25 sands of war. If these requirements aren’t reduced, it makes it impossible to play in both PVP modes. It’s too time consuming to do both and you have to waste too much ironite for refills. It almost seems intentional to get people to waste their ironite so more money has to be spent to keep up. I know once it’s out of beta we will have two weeks to get to SSS but if the SOW increases continue, it will be like 10 SOW for one battle. So either 10 hours of waiting or 30 ironite per battle which is insane. Don’t get me wrong, I like the new mode and am shocked I was picked for the beta. I’ve been playing since day one and have stuck with it for two years so I’m hopeful they correct the SOW amount at higher tiers cause it’s not worth the reward in my opinion

Peppoah
08-02-2018, 09:32 AM
I like the mode but I just cleared gauntlet B, which is the fifth one. It was pretty easy but it was five battles at five sands of war each battle. That’s 25 sands of war. If these requirements aren’t reduced, it makes it impossible to play in both PVP modes. It’s too time consuming to do both and you have to waste too much ironite for refills. It almost seems intentional to get people to waste their ironite so more money has to be spent to keep up. I know once it’s out of beta we will have two weeks to get to SSS but if the SOW increases continue, it will be like 10 SOW for one battle. So either 10 hours of waiting or 30 ironite per battle which is insane. Don’t get me wrong, I like the new mode and am shocked I was picked for the beta. I’ve been playing since day one and have stuck with it for two years so I’m hopeful they correct the SOW amount at higher tiers cause it’s not worth the reward in my opinion

Well spoken. Those are exactly my thoughts. Another option would be to get another currency. Not SOW or SOT, but SOG= Sands of Gauntlet? I sacrificed lots of regular Souls from LoL to get more SOW, but still not enough.

Banished
08-02-2018, 10:08 AM

Well, it is a company that has to do profit and also to pay royalties to Iron Maiden holding. We can complain but it is understandable that they want the players to spend money on their game.

PerthEddie
08-02-2018, 10:36 AM
I was gobsmacked when I logged in on my phone earlier and saw I was in the Beta so thanks for that.

I am not into Arena at all so when I saw a few weeks back that Gauntlet was PvP based my heart sunk. However, first impressions are that I really like it. Only done the first 2 levels so far but will look to doing a few more over the next few days. As others have said this is really going to test your roster and make you think about what teams you use. We all have a 1st choice team but you will only be able to use that team once per level. The 3rd level I am on now you can only use Warrior and Magus characters and I know I don't have 12 characters of those classes with full talismans on them so I am going to have to max out a load of talismans or borrow them off other characters.

Two things already said I agree with - I think the SoW requirements are a bit steep and could do with adjusting a bit and everyone who benefitted from the Sacrifice bug will be pissing themselves now at all the Skill Shards they got as they can max out a shit load of characters now. I didn't benefit from that bug and still did really well out of it so god knows how many SS players who did benefit are sat on!! That isn't a moan by the way - more an observation

desprezo
08-02-2018, 10:39 AM
There you go guys

Thanks! Looks great.

Coletrain
08-02-2018, 11:01 AM

Having now received beta access on my Ipad, I can agree with this. It is certainly a fun mode and I like the challenge of having to use different characters to fulfill objectives, however the Sands of War requirement for each battle is going to be cost prohibitive for the average player. SoW really needs to recharge faster, reward more SoW/have a higher cap, and the scaling cost for these battles needs to be reduced. Otherwise it further cements a pay-to-win strategy for the player, which is a definite turn off.

blade685
08-02-2018, 04:22 PM
Gauntlet wasn’t not on either of my iOS devices. Just check my android emulator after reading this, and there it was. I only play the emulator when iOS is down. Any chance you guys could switch it to one of my iOS devices? Otherwise I really won’t have much time to play on the pc. I really suck on the emulator as well. Lol If not I’ll do the best I can.

Thanks!

not on my ios, android and emulator ^^

Fudjo
08-02-2018, 04:57 PM

Up through about Tier AA or AAA, the Ironite cost is about worth it given the rewards you get (both from the tiers and the ranked rewards) - 2 Rare Souls, 2 Precious Souls, 3 Heroic Souls, 3 Warrior Souls, enough fragments for a few more Heroic Souls, 2 Skill Shards, 1.6 million gold, and a set of Fate Talismans. That's a heck of a lot more than you get out of the Arena. Of course the rewards will be changing, but I'm expecting a similar amount of stuff, including Gauntlet exclusives. However, the Ironite price accelerates rapidly after that and the rewards don't seem worth it at all for the higher tiers. I don't expect I'll be chasing anything past AAA unless it looks super worth it. And as people have pointed out, if what you really want are Iron Coins, the Arena gives a much better Ironite to Iron Coins ratio.

Muzzleloader
08-02-2018, 05:37 PM
Having now received beta access on my Ipad, I can agree with this. It is certainly a fun mode and I like the challenge of having to use different characters to fulfill objectives, however the Sands of War requirement for each battle is going to be cost prohibitive for the average player. SoW really needs to recharge faster, reward more SoW/have a higher cap, and the scaling cost for these battles needs to be reduced. Otherwise it further cements a pay-to-win strategy for the player, which is a definite turn off.

This is a 'feemium' game, expect to spend money to be a top player. The arena is already a pay to win part of the game. Just to be in the top tier you need to purchase SoW. The rest of the game can be played without spending money.

Sponholz
08-02-2018, 07:09 PM
So let defend ask something for the devs, and try and defend all that are playing the beta...

OFC I have friends that are playing this, and we talk to each other, so I will try to be brief here:

- This is a beta, ok fine, this is actually great to have a beta available.
- Wipes will happen, like the one which already happened, wiping players progression, this is normal in beta stage.
- This is, for the looks of it, a really costly mode to play in terms of resources.

So:

Since wipes will probably happen more then one time, where is the compensation for the player testing this new mode?

Lots of friends telling me that they spent hours and a lot of SoW / Ironite, and then the progress got wiped.

It's fine to have things like wipes, resets, tweaks and fixes to happen on this stage. but please don't harm the players in the process.

Either use a alternative resource for then to play with, or compensate then for their loss of progression and resources that could've been spent on another modes.

I know that they will keep the rewards and everything, is just when wipes occur.

Here is an idea for the moment a wipe of progression happens:
- The next 10 fights are on the house, cost free. (don't know if this is a low or a high count tbh).
Or something like this.

---

Look this is not a rant or a offensive post, I am trying to stay neutral here, not taking sides, but this is something that I think needs to be addressed on this particular stage.

zamasu
08-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Quick Question: About rewards.

If you complete all tiers, does that mean you automatically get the 1st place reward? or how the raking system really work? how is Rank determined?

Rain88
08-02-2018, 09:01 PM
This is a 'feemium' game, expect to spend money to be a top player. The arena is already a pay to win part of the game. Just to be in the top tier you need to purchase SoW. The rest of the game can be played without spending money.

From the start this game is freenium but what was good about it is that you would be able to do and get everything eventually without spending real money (i.e you would be able to get the soul fragments and the skill shards in the arena by weekly playing all the free sand of war and the soul fragments and skill shards for free from using all the sand of time). Until Brave new world (which is still optional till this day) was released to an insane sand of time cost. But even with that insane cost level x cost 15 sand of times (the most sand of time cost for a single battle)... you would be able to finish at least 4-5 battle per full sand of war... Now the gauntlet is released (which doesn't seem optional) , even level 4 you can't finish more than 2 battles per full sand of war ... I don't want to think what higher level would be for higher levels, maybe 12 sand of war per battle?

Although I never used to believe that before, with this insane amount of sand of war needed for the gauntlet, unfortunately this game will officially become pay to win.

Muzzleloader
08-02-2018, 09:38 PM
I am not complaining about the game becoming a more pay to win type of game since I have never spent any real money on this game.

I have been playing just over a year and was acquiring the resources to compete in the arena. Then the relics came out and I lost all hope of competing. The ironite earned in the game doesnt allow me to play events and the arena. I just accept what a free player can do and have fun.

LOTB_Mia
08-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Hi All!

Thanks for all your great feedback so far.

Wanted to let you know that this is very early days (almost 48hrs!!) we're evaluating the tuning as the data comes in.

Initially we're looking at the difficulty settings. We want players to have a great time, create some amazing teams and make solid progression. Once we're happy with difficulty we'll be moving on to cost.

Keep posting those comments/questions and really glad that people are liking the feature!

\m/ Mia

Leviathan
08-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Quick Question: About rewards.

If you complete all tiers, does that mean you automatically get the 1st place reward? or how the raking system really work? how is Rank determined?

Great questions Zamasu.

If you complete all tiers, you would gain the rewards for those tiers. Ranked rewards are based on how you progress vs other players, so that's where your Rank would matter.

Rank is based on the amount of wins you have. If someone has the same amount of wins as you, the person with the fewest losses is higher ranked. If the win ratio is the same, whoever got there first will hold the higher rank.

Yup
08-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Well I finally got in... forgive me for not reading everything up to this point. I had no access so there wasn't a great deal of interest in reading what others were experiencing.

Good so far.

Yeah...... sucks up SOW like there's no tomorrow. Really should possibly award SOW for completing battle or a grade. Like 2 SOW for a battle and 10 SOW for a grade.. something like that maybe?

And the SOW limit should be increased above 10 (20/25) so you can let more accumulate before entering the Gauntlet. Since some of the battles are 5 SOW each and keep increasing.

Or cut the regen time of SOW down form an hour for 1SOW. (which is really long to begin with)

Amarthir
08-02-2018, 10:25 PM
After playing the beta this morning, I gotta say that the requirement for using specific characters really spices up the enjoyment of the game, using characters I never thought I'd use. Haven't run into and bugs as of yet but I'll let the forum know if I come across something.

The SoW cost is kind of a bummer though. What if after a wipe we get back the SoW we spent during the time? That'd be neat.

Blade
08-02-2018, 10:34 PM
I like it so far, but the SoW costs are getting really heavy. Costs increase from tier to tier. Number of matches per tier also increase. I did 23 matches and now on the way to reach milestone "AA", you need to do 6 matches and each costs 7 SoW! Yes, you get some rewards, but 7 SoW is way too much in my opinion. My hope: SoW Maximum will be increased and reset timer shortened. Also, SoW are included in the normal rewards for all battles in the cosmos etc.
The requirements are cool for us long time players. You need to get out of your comfort zone and have to use different setups.

druid138
08-02-2018, 10:52 PM
I'm really digging Gauntlet. I love playing around with a much larger set of characters, and I'm happy to see some benefit for keeping dupes of my favorites.

Question for everyone . . .

As I understand it, there is no way to manually reset progress. So, if you get stuck in a Tier and use all of your viable characters, you just have to wait until the automatic reset. Do we like this? Or would we prefer a manual reset option to go back to the beginning with a fresh roster (this is more similar to the Star Wars GOH approach, I think)? I see pros and cons of both. Thoughts?

Ancient Mariner
08-02-2018, 10:52 PM
I agree with those who said that the sow amount needed is too high.. Without paying is pretty hard to make your way through the higher levels. I really hope they let us refill sow more quickly than now otherwise you'll need 1-2 days just to pass a level!
I was lucky to have collected like 90 sow by sacrificing some 99 normal souls stacks, so that I could pass several gauntlet levels in 1 day, otherwise by now I would still be in the first or second level only.

About possible resets etc.. I hope the rewards we got till now will stay anyways..

TheAlbatross-1864
08-02-2018, 11:00 PM
Im excited to play, i dont have access yet. Devs, can i please get access? Figured asking nice was worth a try haha

druid138
08-02-2018, 11:04 PM
Im excited to play, i dont have access yet. Devs, can i please get access? Figured asking nice was worth a try haha

If you have another device to play from, try that. My main device doesn't have access, but my backup does. RNG prevails . . .

edsel
08-02-2018, 11:51 PM
GREAT WORK. Thanks NF. Fun to use all my dupes, was afraid this would not be allowed. Now the reset says in 3 days, is my Beta going to last through then and we get rewards? Maybe you can keep it going after that please, really wanting some Fate sets from these Beta rewards. So happy to have this feature, please don't shut it off.

The Educated fool
08-03-2018, 12:16 AM
Gauntlet Beta: First Impressions of a Fool

They don't look like much, do they? Hell, my Arena attack team would run them through in two rounds... IF they got the first turn. ;)

When I ran into them, as the second fight in Tier C, I didn't think too much of them. I'd breezed through the earlier fights, and was feeling cocky. My roster is deep, I've got decent relics, so I figured, don't go too nuts... save your best reds and blues and get by with the minimum. To that end, I assembled what I thought was a team that would get the job done: Grim Reaper (with nothing special on him), Lady Azov (Fate/Chance), Warrior Troll (Fate/Immortal) and Warrior Pyro (nothing too special either). Naturally, I was completely blown out of the water. lol

I quickly determined what I was facing: Cyborg had Promordials, for sure. The Gold Bat had himself some Destiny talis. Red Lilith had Echo, and that Gold puppy had Angels, without a doubt. Cool, a challenge! I've still got a lot of blues and reds... let's see you do that again! lol

This time, I took some time to set up my team: Clansman (Fate/Guard), Crimson Pharaohpuppy (Energy/Hunter), Ragna (Valor) and Clairvoyant (Destiny). Good to go! ... and utterly crushed. They went first, as before, and when the smoke cleared, Only Clansman and the dog got to hit. They went down immediately in the next round. Huh.

Well, round 3. Don't despair! Still some good reds and blues on the bench! We got this! More set up time. It was time to go big! Speed of Light started warming up, running in place and flexing and whatnot. ;) He wore the same build that he'd thrashed the red BNW with so many times before: Lightning/Predators. He was joined by his partner in crime, the Magus Undead Rescuer, sporting his own psycho build of Predator/Penetrating/Life (it goes without saying these are all maxed 5*s). To keep these heavy guns safe, I brought a power couple: Warrior Undead Rescuer (Steel/Immunity) and the mighty Aset (Immunity/Soul). How could I fail? The ghosting of Aset would get them back, if worse came to worse, surely... I was sure to win it this time... Nope! The Primordials made sure that the ghosting never happened, and they went down like a Trooper Ale on a warm summer night.

Well now! Jinkies! Who's even left? Hmm... gotta plan this one out! So, after much deliberation, I settled on this: Samurai (Valor), Warrior Lilith (Echo/Advantage), Magus Lilith (Destiny/Immunity) and a duplicate Warrior Undead Rescuer, newly sharded for the occasion (indeed, every one of these blues and reds had all of their shards in place). They fought their best, but like the mariner's crew, they all dropped down, one by one.

And it is here that my Gauntlet story ends, for now... the reds, the blues, they lie slaughtered. I know not what brought this cursed team to block my path (I've killed no albatrosses recently, that I'm aware--lol) but this was the initial fate of the Fool.

It was a blast though, to play something new, and many thanks for the inclusion in the Beta! (Even if it was just a random fluke.) Given the way it went down for me, I'd definitely say that a manual reset would help a lot to make the challenge a bit more fair, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I encountered not a single bug... very nice! I play this game only on my phone (curently a Galaxy S9, for the record). Have fun, those still in the fight!

EDIT: But that was not the end! HSE, MCR, WAS and The Alchemist did the trick! Then Trooper Ed, AoF, Nomad and Warrior Trickster got the next team, and now I find myself in Tier B, with a new lease on life. lol

LOTB_Mia
08-03-2018, 12:23 AM
Hi Edsel!

Unless something unforeseen happens, players will continue to have access to Gauntlet up to the start of the regular seasons, exact date tbd.

\m/ Mia

Amarthir
08-03-2018, 12:42 AM
Here's some more thoughts on the gauntlet...

Talisman management is probably the hardest part about all of this. If you don't have enough Talismans to go around, you're going to spend a load of time moving them from person to person after every few fights. It would be nice if there was a faster way of doing this, however I'm totally blank on suggestions.

Fudjo
08-03-2018, 12:54 AM
Here's some more thoughts on the gauntlet...

Talisman management is probably the hardest part about all of this. If you don't have enough Talismans to go around, you're going to spend a load of time moving them from person to person after every few fights. It would be nice if there was a faster way of doing this, however I'm totally blank on suggestions.

Agreed. Having a roster of fully-leveled and fully-sharded characters isn't enough. You also need the Talismans on them to succeed. The opposing teams aren't f'ing around. An easier way to manage your inventory would be great. On top of it - and I've said this in other threads - Alexander the Great Eddie is worth the purchase. If you want to compete in the Gauntlet, you need the Talismans and you're gonna run into a bottleneck of getting 3-star colorless evo runes. Alex Eddie gives you the ability to auto-farm Number of the Beast Madness, which gives you a very good return on 3-star colorless evo runes. You'll get enough every day to level up 2-3 Talismans to 5-star.

I just reached Tier AAA and you have to win 5 battles using only Warrior characters. That's 5 Warrior class Eddies and 15 Warrior class toons and they'll need to be fully-leveled, fully-sharded, fully-Talisman'ed, and not pumpkins. 8 SOW per battle, too. Hoo boy.

Fudjo
08-03-2018, 01:02 AM
I'm really digging Gauntlet. I love playing around with a much larger set of characters, and I'm happy to see some benefit for keeping dupes of my favorites.

Completely agreed. I love that you have to use a lot more of your characters and that there's some thought and risk behind what you choose to use.

Question for everyone . . .

As I understand it, there is no way to manually reset progress. So, if you get stuck in a Tier and use all of your viable characters, you just have to wait until the automatic reset. Do we like this? Or would we prefer a manual reset option to go back to the beginning with a fresh roster (this is more similar to the Star Wars GOH approach, I think)? I see pros and cons of both. Thoughts?

On one hand, I can understand the frustration of hitting a dead end and not being able to play that mode for a week or more. On the other hand, I really like the "hardcore mode" feel of it and it adds a fun amount of risk. The battles I win feel a bit more rewarding and I like that I have to put some thought into it.

Yup
08-03-2018, 01:46 AM
Apparently app crashes count as losses and you get that team locked out as having been used. (Just a seemingly random crash at A4 when My Klansman was mid-strike)

I think I'm kind of spoiled by the uncreative people in PvP.. I EXPECT Prisoner to have Primordials... I EXPECT M Lilith to have Destiny.... nice that it's not always true. Well.. at least up to the AA battles.

It does somewhat suck when the AI team seems to get first strike for every battle. I think I hit first in a total of 3 fights from ground zero to the AA level.

Tim28213
08-03-2018, 02:20 AM
The higher tiers are definitely becoming ironite cost prohibitive. I want to do a few more levels tonight but I’m burned out on buying more SoW atm. I’ll try more tomorrow. The levels seem appropriately challenging and require a good bit of planning ahead. I have not run into any bugs in my progression so far.
Having 3 characters revive at once seemed to lag a bit but everything picked right back up once they were back in place.
It was almost like they revived sequentially. There was a couple second delay between the second character popping back and the third getting up. I was afraid the third was not coming back then he finally did and play resumed.

Kamuz24z
08-03-2018, 02:56 AM
If you thought using only warriors and Magus in order to clear a floor was a challenge wait till you reach level SS I think that’s were the challenge will start for me 10 fights in order to clear it each fight cost 10 sow a total of 300 ironites plus you won’t be able to use the characters that you use in this floor for the next one I’m midway the teams that you will find in this floor is like fighting the top 10 teams in the arena, a decrease in sow will be a good change assuming that one day is going to be available for everyone if this sow over cost continue not many players are going to compete every week once I get the rewards from this week I don’t think I’m going to spend that much ironite again for next week, gauntlet it doesn’t take a lot of time in order to get to floor SS and that is good, is fun to play with characters that were in the bench and create new teams it will be cool if you guys add a floor that needs to be clear only with Eddies so far I’m having fun

Metalreaper13
08-03-2018, 03:03 AM
Just got access a few hours ago

Stormseye
08-03-2018, 03:18 AM
Currently on rank AA which is the 7th Tier of fights. Each tier increases in the number of battles, the cost of each battle in SoW and the reward for winning. The first tier is 2 fights. There are also progression rewards for every win so you can earn Heroic souls, gold, class souls and shards.

It seems every odd nunber tier has a class restriction. This restriction of classes will most likey change every week. The current seems to be using only Magus/Warrior characters. The menu is considerate in that your character list will only show what classes you can use.

There is also a pretty good reward for Achivements the first time you clear tiers. Earned 200ic for clearing A tier and ironite. Reward to clear AA tier is 45 ironite, 35 Heroic Fragment and 300 IC. As stated these rewards are subject to change.

Current costs for AA tier is 7sow per fight, 32 IC for each win and 75 Heroic Fragments awarded progressively in the tier with 3 rare warrior souls for completing the tier.

Yup
08-03-2018, 03:35 AM
Well if SOW costs remain the same I won't be venturing into the gauntlet often - at least not to try and rank really. Just fight the first couple tiers where the SOW costs is, well, livable I guess. It's just too high a cost for the upper tiers. I mean 1 fight, then wait 10 hours for another fight.. then another 10 hours for another fight.. just ridiculous if you ask me. And 3 days isn't enough time to build SOW naturally to even dream about competing.

At least with PvP you can use naturally accruing SOW to remain relatively set at a given rank or teir.

druid138
08-03-2018, 05:23 AM

Okay, so after another dozen or so fights, I have to revise my prior comment a bit. Gauntlet is amazing! This is the most fun I've ever had with this game. Fighting with constraints, dusting off several of my old favorite characters, playing with combos I had never before considered, and feeling the crazy pressure of knowing that a loss is a burn of 7 SoW and four valuable characters. Awesome job, NF! This thing exceeds what I had hoped for by a light year!

Edit: And, one more thing, it's running smooth as butter with no real meaningful bugs that I've noticed.

EnricoPalazzo
08-03-2018, 10:06 AM
OK, so I played up to AAA and liked it very much. I'll not be able to play some more this week, and here's why:
I can see that I'll have to level up some more Eddies, especially Warrior ones, currently I only play Samurai but that's going to have to change.
All other classes I got at least 3 fully sharded Eddies.
I really like the challenges, I hope they are not fixed but will change from week to week.
One thing though: I only have 5 Warrior Eddies total. Round AAA has 5 battles and you can only use Warrior class. I lost the second battle, and that automatically means I can not finish this round, since I cannot start a battle without the Eddie slot filled.
One loss, instant game over.
I like the challenge, but that is maybe a bit steep...

Apart from that, I find the SOW cost much too high at this point. 8 SOW for a single battle in AAA? Imagine one BNW stage costing 64 SOW and think again if this is reasonable.
The whole AAA stage would cost 40 SOW, and that is without any loss (not that you can afford to lose often, see above).
So some scaling is definitely in order, but I understand that is the main reason for releasing a beta version.

The whole thing is marvellously bug-free (not counting the known bugs that plague the other modes and characters of course), and overall, I really like the concept.
It is way more challenging than just setting up a single, great go-to team and blasting everything away with the same tactics over and over again.
Please keep it up and improve where necessary!

satani
08-03-2018, 10:09 AM
i'm having the beta on two of three devices and like it. Both the fix enemies plus character limitation give the game a new edge. All players that hoarded their characters and kept them and not sacrifice them (like me) have now a lot of better chances to get the higher ranks. I'm on rank C on one device and can't continue as i have no more magus or warrior eddies left. Also this will bring a lot of gold draining, as you now have to level some talismans just for the sake of having a certain character of a class fully equipped.
I mean before, you had your teams:
1 PVE (mainly a good AOE eddie with leveling characters)
3 for the dragons
1 or 2 LOL Teams and
1 or 2 PVP Teams (maybe matching against prisoners)
and now you may need:
5 Teams of Magus/Warrior and maybe other combinations, too

RobG-9641
08-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Gauntlet costs too much SoW as is. But on topic of being able to manually reset or start a level over...
What are thoughts on being able to unlock specific used characters? Say for example 2 Ironite per character.
If you cleared 3 battles, and lost 4th. Instead of starting all 4 over, you could unlock team of your choice and fight just the 4th battle needed...

Stormseye
08-03-2018, 11:57 AM
There defintly needs to be a way to unlock characters. Look at BNW, its like 40 ironite if you get defeated.maybe charge 20 to unlock the same team and go again. I will stop at 4/6 AA as I don’t have a good enough roater left after losing twice to Pharoah Eddie, Gunner NBoL with Primordials and 2 warrior pyro soldiers stacked with taliamans.

So far not a single bug except,
and I cannot be sure, but it seemed a couple times when I would buy 10 SoW do a battle for 6 and go back to store I would have 0 SoW left. I will check it again if I battle otherwise I have had no other bugs happen. All smooth so far.

slauki
08-03-2018, 12:07 PM
it's bad that you can use several toons of the same type. so it will become about "man i cannot compete in gauntlet i have only 3 pom eddies, but i would need at least 5". you should encourage us to use all of our toons, and not to focus on the same toons all over...

and 10 sow per fight in the later stages, fail and wait 10 hours while skipping arena the whole day? someone really didn't do his math well.
the best solution would be to add a new energy currency like sand of "revenge/satisfaction/whatever" which has another reset time. good games do this very commonly, so you don't have to sacrifice one game mode because of the other

scott-5496
08-03-2018, 12:09 PM
All seems good so far for me as it opened up last night (UK). No issues to report and so far I like that it has filters/limits. Others are correct though based on their views - it does cost a fair bit compared to arena. If you do lose the last battle there should be a way nto to need to do all the previous ones I would say.

scott-5496
08-03-2018, 12:10 PM
it's bad that you can use several toons of the same type. so it will become about "man i cannot compete in gauntlet i have only 3 pom eddies, but i would need at least 5". you should encourage us to use all of our toons, and not to focus on the same toons all over...

and 10 sow per fight in the later stages, fail and wait 10 hours while skipping arena the whole day? someone really didn't do his math well.
the best solution would be to add a new energy currency like sand of "revenge/satisfaction/whatever" which has another reset time. good games do this very commonly, so you don't have to sacrifice one game mode because of the other

I think that would work really well - make a different currency for a different mode.

Liebhild
08-03-2018, 12:40 PM
Would be nice, if in the toon selection you could long press a toon an then get a selection for editing the talisman setup.

@Translation: Yesterday a popup came up. That popup didn't use game language, but device language. Button of the popup was using a 3rd language (spain or so).

Leano
08-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Would be nice, if in the toon selection you could long press a toon an then get a selection for editing the talisman setup.

@Translation: Yesterday a popup came up. That popup didn't use game language, but device language. Button of the popup was using a 3rd language (spain or so).

The popup from eternal talis during Horus event was in Japanese for me i think. Also my game language is english but most of the time the images from news feed are in portuguese which translation is very poor. (i'm from Brasil)

Muzzleloader
08-03-2018, 01:29 PM
How much SoW is it costing to play the gauntlet. Is it worth saving ironite for gauntlet to be able to initial clear the levels for rewards.i still need to earn or buy green and yellow lilith. Pulled 5 red and blue liliths. With 10 SoW per 30 ironite I don't know if the rewards will be worth the cost.

Blade
08-03-2018, 01:37 PM
How much SoW is it costing to play the gauntlet. Is it worth saving ironite for gauntlet to be able to initial clear the levels for rewards.i still need to earn or buy green and yellow lilith. Pulled 5 red and blue liliths. With 10 SoW per 30 ironite I don't know if the rewards will be worth the cost.

I did not note down the costs, but it was like this:
"Tier 1" (might have a different name) = 2 matches, 1 SoW each match
Tier 2: 3 matches, 2 SoW
Tier 3: 3 matches, 3 SoW
Tier 4: 4 matches, 4 SoW
Tier 5: 5 matches, 5 SoW
Tier 6: 6 matches, 6 SoW
Tier 7: 6 matches (yes, not 7), 7 SoW

From Kamuz one page earlier in this thread: "wait till you reach level SS I think that’s were the challenge will start for me 10 fights in order to clear it each fight cost 10 sow"

So you'll need lots of SoW!

Tim28213
08-03-2018, 01:56 PM
I think Gauntlet is the reward that long-term players have been waiting for. I think new players and casual players will find it frustrating for a while if the cost structure doesn't come down considerably. At least in the beta the rewards are similar to Arena. You have to get pretty high up to get the "prize" rewards. You definitely need a deep, strong character base with fully evolved talismans to get very far.
I have a good number of Relics going in. Full health in general and some lower health for most class specifics. A few, but not a lot of offensive relics at this point. Not all of my characters are sharded at all. I've made it to A playing a mix of fully sharded and not sharded at all characters which has made me feel pretty good about the game balance so far. I just have to be careful and really pay attention to who does what ability in what order to make the most of the unsharded characters. It is hard, there are challenges, I have not won every battle the first, and in a couple cases second, time, but it seems to be balanced for difficulty as I work through it. Not too easy, definitely hard, but not impossible for me up to this point with mixed characters.

It is a great way to get ICs, but it also seems to require a lot of ICs to have already been spent to progress very far.
Sand of War refills are 30 Ironite for 10. Level A costs 6 SoW each with 6 battles required for a total of 36 SoW. That's close to 120 Ironite for that level. That was where I finally drew the line last night. I don't know how much I burned up to that point. I wish now I had been tracking each level cost.

Gauntlet maintains the highly addictive aspects of the game and keeps it going strong. I want to buy more SoW to keep going, and have even before I realized I'd made the purchase. The challenges are great. Some battles I can tell I had overkill on my team and a few I lost because I was trying to save stronger characters for another battle in that series. I like it.

I consider myself somewhere between a hard core player and a casual player leaning heavily towards the casual side. I'm in the game all the time, but I don't really try to rank in arena. I play my SoW every day to build up ICs only. Thanks to people posting on this board I started hoarding powerful characters a while back in preparation for this so I'm in pretty good shape for Gauntlet. I feel I could go a lot farther if I had enough Ironite to spend to keep trying to progress. I'll do a few more battles as Ironite refills, just not sure how many more paid refills I am willing to put in. At this time Ironite cost is my only limiting factor.

I am undecided on a new currency for Gauntlet. I can see pros and cons for that. I want to see more of other's thoughts.

I totally agree it would be beneficial to be able to somehow get to the talisman screen to swap talismans around from within the character selection screen. I'm sure that would be a big code change, but it sure would be convenient.

Blade
08-03-2018, 02:17 PM
I would prefer not to have more different currencies, it is confusing. As the Gauntlet is integrated into the "PvP" topic (same menu, also a ranking like in the Arena), SoW would be ok. But to me it is clear that some general changes are needed, as I stated earlier in this thread.
My idea: increase SoW maximum considerably, reduce the reset duration considerably and integrate SoW drops for normal level rewards (like it is for SoT) in the cosmos, BNW etc. so that you can get some during farming.
Then it might be an idea to keep the cost structure in the Gauntlet as it is right now. On the other hand, if this would really result in an unwanted change to the normal Arena conditions, an additional currency might be inevitable.

Yup
08-03-2018, 03:01 PM
I think a new currency is pretty mandatory

You can't allow players to gain an abundant amount of SOW for PvP. That will merely throw those rankings all to hell. Half of PvP is how often you fight. The more SOW you have the better you will rank in general. And if you can save and expend a lot before the weekly rollover.. then you're bound to move up against teams which are stronger.

I just think not everyone is going to be into the Gauntlet. Those that aren't don't need more SOW.. those that are need something because currently cost is too high and you can't effectively do both PvP and the Gauntlet.

sumpfleiche
08-03-2018, 03:02 PM
so finally i´m also in beta ;D
Gauntlet is very nice so far, i´m in Tier B.
But the cost of every fight is too expensive. Especially for the rewards. 5 sow for 22 ic is too low. Should be 2x per fight. and the meta rewards also not good. Rare souls (different colours) and hero soul fragments.
to get far in gauntlet you need many eddies and toons, so why should i like rare souls and soul fragments?
Change the rewards or the costs of each battle, but if this will be final i won´t play gauntlet.

Yup
08-03-2018, 03:20 PM
They stated a few times that current rewards are beta rewards and they will be different when the Gauntlet is out of beta.

Moonchild-6759
08-03-2018, 05:21 PM
This season it seems to be all Warrior/Magus oriented. I currently greatly lack relics for these two and therefore really suffer from it.
I am at grade AA (doubt i'll get to AAA due to too many losses with good characters).

Are there any information regarding if this changes per reset? Will there be some sort of "weekly/monthly" rotation of the limitations at certain grades or are Warrior and Magus characters just the way to go?

edsel
08-03-2018, 05:30 PM
Hit wall at AAA ran out of Warrior class to run. Would be nice if they reset once you exhaust available toons so you keep playing instead of game over until event resets.

scott-5496
08-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Not hit any walls yet other than costs for playing it! It is a good addition and it does make you think a bit but no more than trying to get past some unknows that you face - sure you know the teams you attack but not what they have for talismans or indeed how they will attack - especially when they go first - had two losses as I gambled a bit on using a weaker team, saving better for later but again this fits with the game and the chance side of it all.

R1ck
08-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Got access yesterday night and started playing with some SoW I had from last sacrifice event. One lost because of a crash that locked my toons. So far I like how challenging it is, yesterday got to level A and I will not continue as I won't spend ironite to refill SoW, even worst if there are resets form time to time. My only concern is the amount of IC earned. At level A one battle costs 6 SoW for 28 IC if win. In PVP 6 SoW would be 72 IC. Not worth right now if you are willing to buy more relics. Hope that is changed.

MetalKing
08-03-2018, 06:10 PM
I find that the enemy team seems to go first quite often and that I may need to stock up on force and steel talismans. I thought I had an extensive roster but you go through them fast. How about the following suggestion (especially for new players): let us use one of our troopers champions to assist in a battle. This would really help newbies or people who don't have a lot of characters. Standard trooper rules would apply-champion only available for 1 battle, 25 badges. One question: since gauntlet is part of pvp, it is not registering as being credited for a battle when doing the daily event challenges.

Yup
08-03-2018, 06:27 PM
There does seem to be quite the step up from A to AA in difficulty. I imagine if that holds true.. AAA and above may be just more effort (and SOW) than I'd ever wish to expend.

I have every Eddie (other than Doomsday), all fully skill sharded, all full power.
I have (I think) every 5 star character all full skill sharded and I think full talisman power for the most part.
I then have some duplicates, many with full skill shards as well (like Liliths).

I know this is beta but getting to the more difficult levels and being restricted to only Magus/Warrior and not ever being allowed to use the same Eddie in 6-7 battles is a bit of a wall.

I mean.. is the average, or even somewhat dedicated player, going to have 7 Magus/Warrior Eddie at full strength?? And AA seems to be the point where enemies start having Destiny Sets... Eternity Sets start showing up.. primordials start appearing, etc.

From my PVP experience these take almost specific teams to defeat effectively. But if you can only do that ONCE and have no clue what the next match is going to be, let alone 3 matches down the road, well it feels a bit like trying to punch your way out of a wet paper bag while blindfolded. Are players expected to have 6-7 duplicates of the same team? So yes.. "Please spend an ungodly amount of SOW just to see if you can even compete in this match. If you can't. You'll lose and have to wait another 7-10 hours before trying again." is a definite factor. I'm really not one to do much of anything where I know the chances of it being fruitful are completely unknown.

And forgive me, but NF has shown a tendency to make things impossible, knowing full well there are players that will bang their head against a wall until they complete something or get some reward. That's typically not me.

There's no way I'm going to try and collect 3 or more of every Eddie or 5 star character then load them with talismans and skill shards. I think I'd die of old age before that ever happened. In addition, it's not like at the harder levels Carriage Rider, Wicker Ed, RttH, Coalgiver, Holy Smoke, etc are ANY help whatsoever.

It'd be one thing if Magus/Warrior fought Magus/Warrior, but using Magus/Warrior against Assassin/Gunner/Sentinel, where they have all the class advantage and you have little or none, just seems ridiculous.

Again, I realize it's beta and things are being "figured out".

As for playability.. I've experienced one odd, unrepeatable crash, at level A. But other than that, things appear to run smoothly.

Nicko
08-03-2018, 06:30 PM
I think the concept is great but it's certainly easy to reach a wall.

I was undefeated until AAA. I took on a team with Iron Eddie (Fates and Guardians), Gimp (Primordials), Yellow Lilith (Destiny), and Purple Lilith (God knows what on her).

Of course I could only use only warriors.

I thought the Gimp may have Primordials so had Sekhmet but of course had a Nomad with no Talismans by mistake :D

Was annihilated and then annihilated again - Perfect immunity all over the place, tons of yellow buffs, and an Iron Eddie that gets Fury like wildfire. I couldn't come up with a way to beat them with my remaining all warriors...

so I'm out for this week!

Sponholz
08-03-2018, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry to come with my high horse criticism here again... but...

This is not a beta...

If this was a true beta, all fights should be at 1 SoW cost or to be fair... Free!!!

I mean.. it's a beta, you are all helping they "test" and "figure out" what to do...

And...

You are all paying to do so!!! I mean...

I am playing the closed beta from a card game called Magic Arena (Magic: The Gathering new collectible card online game, PC game btw, not mobile). Where:
- Most modes are free, the ones that cost something (in-game currency), don't cost a lot, again: there is modes where you can play free how many times you want.
- There is Real Money spending, the IAP currency is called Gems, and you can buy then and spend then at the beta. once any wipe occurs, everything spent will be reimbursed to your account, every single gem will be there for you to spend when the game goes live.

Yeah I am talking about other game, and I am not bashing LotB in any way, players playing this mode are kinda enjoying it for the most part, from what I am hearing.

But, with this really high cost with players using a LOT of they own resources to play a "beta", lol, why even call it a beta???

Come on, NF, this is basic... you don't charge the amount of resources you are charging when you want players to be your beta testers...

Ancient Mariner
08-03-2018, 08:02 PM
I'm at AA level now and I won't probably be able to pass it cause once again it only let's you use warrior or magus chars and I don't have enough.. In spite I got a lot of tons they are not good enough to face the enemy teams.
This is surely something to review. The same limitation was in a previous level. Maybe they should let us use at least 3 chars classes instead of just 2 and anyway at least change the classes to use

Ip4
08-03-2018, 08:13 PM
so we need to have 3 characters from every class?

Ancient Mariner
08-03-2018, 08:23 PM
so we need to have 3 characters from every class?

No maybe I didn't write it properly: you can choose whatever char you want, but only from warrior or magus class. Note that this applies just in certain levels, not everywhere

Yup
08-03-2018, 09:03 PM
Well.. if you want to actually WIN at higher levels then you'll need at least 6 strong Eddies of the allowed classes... if you can only use Magus and Warrior Eddies, that limits the poole.. so what? Klansman, 7Son, and Alex Ed --- Then maybe Samurai, maybe Trooper, maybe GRE, maybe SOL.

The other Magus and Warrior Eds aren't going to do a whole lot against Assassin and Gunner Eddies. So duplicate powerful Eddies will help. And there are 6+ battles to fight.. so... ??? Yeah 3 of each powerful Eddie in each class will help. Just when you thought you were doing well for having most of the Eddies, right?

And given enemies have Primordial talismans or can use ANY class they want, they can block revive, permadeath, block healing, curse, corrupt, etc all while you're stuck with Magus and Warrior which generally don't inflict such things often and can't use the same talismans sets to block the negative buffs..... .

I get the "challenge" aspect of it, but it's really quite silly when you don't know what teams you will face. It's one thing to limit classes on KNOWN enemies like in BNW.. but to do it for random enemies AND restrict the amount of times you can use characters is overkill.

Peppoah
08-03-2018, 10:36 PM
I think the concept is great but it's certainly easy to reach a wall.

I was undefeated until AAA. I took on a team with Iron Eddie (Fates and Guardians), Gimp (Primordials), Yellow Lilith (Destiny), and Purple Lilith (God knows what on her)

I thought the Gimp may have Primordials so had Sekhmet but of course had a Nomad with no Talismans by mistake :D

Was annihilated and then annihilated again - Perfect immunity all over the place, tons of yellow buffs, and an Iron Eddie that gets Fury like wildfire. I couldn't come up with a way to beat them with my remaining all warriors...

so I'm out for this week!

You are not alone, Nicko. It was the same for me. I have only two warrior eddies left and three fights to go. One is HS and the other one is a dupe samurai level 10. The gimp always attacked the toon without immunity.
Till level AAA everything was easy. I have all my eddies maxed except Hallowed, which I didn't need anyway.
As I wrote before we need another currency for gauntlet or cheaper prices.

@Sponholz: you’re right for testing, it should be free or with low cost. I played gauntlet this week, but I’m not sure, I I’ll play again next week

Stormseye
08-03-2018, 11:00 PM
After A class is when it got difficult for me. I had faced a battle with 3 level 1 3* characters and a 3* Storm eddie and the next fights was where I was halted. There seems to be no progressionin terms of team difficulties. Its a crap shoot on the floors where the teams are locked. On other floors you can pick and chose your fights if they are all shown so you can plan accordingly.

The other quandry is that clicking on the opponents reveals nothing of the talismans. I did not start seeing buffs on opponents until B and A tier. I know we cant see talisman builds in the current arena but given the current meta you can pretty much guess what classes are holding what falismans. Not the case with Gauntlet. Just because there is a Prisoner up does not mean it is equipped with Primordials.

I understand Sponholz point about how we should not be spending “real” resourses on beta testing or the least we should be paying minimum prices. If there were no rewards attached I would see that but we are receiving real rewards and so I can see the pricing being somewhat justified though I stil think they are too high for the reward at higher tiers

AA tier has 6 battles with a reward of 32 IC per win plus 3 Rare Warrior Souls and 75 Heroic Fragments. The costs are 6 Ironite per battle though. Thats 192 Ironite if you clear it all for 36 ironite. If I was able to win every Arena battle with 36 Ironite that would yield 468 IC. Of course there is no guarantee that I would win every battle so there will be variances but the averages would be in my favor in the Arena. Of course as stated the first time you clear a teir you recieve a fair amount of achievement rewards but thereafter the risk v reward would be quite less. The end weekly rewards are better than current Arena awards but still not justifed for the expense in my opinion. This is all based on the current rewards in the beta which are placeholders from what we are told.

kkkreg5
08-04-2018, 02:44 AM
I'm not fortunate enough to be on the beta testing team, but from what I'm reading, my excitement has waned. What I don't understand is, 1) Does the AI create the opponent? 2) If not, are the opponents actual PVP teams? 3) Sword flip still determines who goes first? Hopefully this isn't the only other way to acquire iron coins beside special buys. Seems like without relics, you're not going to be able to get very far. I have some, but nowhere near what appears to be needed to get to the upper tiers.

I really think that Night City should be released before Gauntlet as of now. I reserve the right to feel different after official release but I don't think so. I know, I know, make money, blah, blah, blah. I want to get back to what brought me into this game in the first place, the story within the game and Iron Maiden...

Yup
08-04-2018, 03:13 AM
No clue about 1 or 2, My guess is #1 Yes, #2 No (at least I haven't seen level 86 characters in an actual PVP teams in a long, long time if ever). ..... but 3 is a Yes.

Warlord
08-04-2018, 04:48 AM
I been playing and I'm at lvl B and like many have said way to much SOW to spend.. I had like 250 saved getting ready for next Arena event but already spent half of them and the rewards are just not worth it ( could be better with Launch ) so I just stop playing. I got every toon and Few Dupes so I'm sure can go further but the cost just don't seem worth it.. More SOW are needed in some way or form or a New Currency like others have said so we don't have to give up playing one game mode to play another... I have not had any issues at all and love the look and sit up and things that you need to due to move to each new lvl....

Moonchild-6759
08-04-2018, 07:20 AM
I have never been into saving up dupes. This means that lacking a single warrior Eddie (clansman) allows for nothing to go wrong on tier AAA. I believe this is a good thing but limit it to using no dupes at all. Otherwise only warrior grades will be won using only clansman eddies by the top end players. Makes no sense.

Again, will the requirements change whenever the gauntlet resets? It’s all warrior/magus this time

waymo
08-04-2018, 08:45 AM
I only got to the last battle on level D before I ran out of decent toons. :(

edsel
08-04-2018, 10:24 AM
Feature for unlocking characters would allow us to continue. Stormseye suggested a purchase for this like if defeated after a battle you spend ironite to continue. As Yup stated he has all Eddies sharded and can only do so much because of not having 5 of the right ones maxxed. Unlocking once used to continue would be making us play more and spend more, why wouldn't NF do this? At AAA running out of decent Warriors forced to use Santa and Snowman against crazy powerful teams is junk. Unlocking my roster somehow would keep the run going instead of dormant until reset, and this will be a 2 week cycle. That means running on the first day until hitting wall then no action for 2 weeks.

Rain88
08-04-2018, 10:36 AM
I think a new currency is pretty mandatory .

There was a long long long talk about new sand when brave new world was introduced but it wasn't implemented and nothing was done about the sand cost (and BNW is nowhere as bad as gauntlet sand cost wise) . I'm sure most people won't bother with the gauntlet if they need iron coins or working towards relics. if it remains this way, I won't bother with it as I would rather use my sand of war in arena (to get the weekly skill shards and fragment and save up to relics from the free sand of war), and playing the gauntlet would drastically decrease the amount of iron coins I could get every week.

Hopefully the devs will address the insane sand of war cost (but I highly doubt it).

Fister
08-04-2018, 12:02 PM
Maybe the high cost is deliberate. It might ensure that we don't see the same players getting #1 everytime. Depending on cost/benefit ofc.

Kamuz24z
08-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Devs I can’t move farther I got stuck in level SSS second fight once I press battle no matter what team I used the game freezes the good thing is it doesn’t consume sow every time the game freezes i got that last night I tried this morning and still the same problem you might want to check that, enemy’s ID OnTheEdge, enemy’s team Beast Eddie, Angel of Mercy, Magus and Sentinel Lilith.

Tim28213
08-04-2018, 01:51 PM
I'm stuck on the third mission of AA. The first loss hurt, the second loss ensured it, the third time I went for my heavy hitters and still missed.
Up to this point I felt the challenge difficulty was definitely on the hard side but surpassable with a good deep roster. This one I just didn't have enough of the right characters to keep trying.
I've read others have gone several levels further, and I'm sure that I could in a few months IF I get lucky securing the right additions to my roster.

I'm torn on the conversation about allowing us to buy characters back somehow. I actually like the added challenge of seeing how far can I get knowing that some levels I cannot use this character again, and other levels that I cannot even use dupes of that character again. It makes my team selection really matter, A LOT. If I can buy Alexander back and re-use him in every fight if I'm willing to pay enough, that changes how I select my first team, and every team after that. I see the disappointment of being "done" with this content for 2 weeks if you burn through the first night and get stuck, but I also like the challenge of having to really get it right. I'm sure I will change my mind later when I am one battle away from the prize level I want and lose because of the coin flip.

I see a little bit of a disconnect here with the extremely low chance of getting new featured characters and the need to have them. I dropped over 70 event souls in the well trying to get Beast Eddie, about 150 rare gunner/assassin souls and still don't have him. I dropped over 40 trying to get Clansman during the event before I ran out of money/willingness to keep trying. He would have been darn helpful in the set of missions I'm stuck on, but I feel it is unlikely I will get him anytime soon. Getting lucky on getting the important characters is a huge bonus. In arena you can keep going with tweaks to old reliable to remain competitive. Gauntlet is not as forgiving.

I am curious how sacrifice events will go moving forward. I had a set of characters slated for sacrifice next month. After running beta I'm realizing that having 2 of most important characters may not be enough. 2 was plenty early on, but AA makes me wish I had 3-4 of a couple of really key characters. Anything that gives Immunity I've gone back and locked so I don't sacrifice it. Others that I was saving for an Ultimate sacrifice I won't dump now. This game has always been a fun challenging balancing act. How do I hoard enough resources to achieve what I really want and advance, but still sacrifice enough to fill in the gaps in my roster. I have no idea what next month's sacrifice will look like for me. I have characters I've wanted since I started the game day 1 that I still don't have and many newer ones I need to round out the roster. And to compete here I will likely need more than one of some of them. I just know that there are many characters I would have sacrificed previously if I got a third or 4th dupe of that I will now consider keeping 3-4 deep. Not all, just a few. But this is going to limit my sacrifice which will limit my ability to get the other powerful characters I want. This continues the balancing act NF created in the game of having to work towards a long term goal. It is frustrating at times, but that aspect is what keeps us coming back and trying over and over again. I am so sick of chasing 3 star evo runes that it isn't funny, but now I feel the need to do it even more. There are tons of 4* characters I suddenly see a "need" to evolve. Please God please increase the drop rate for the highest evo materials. I have dozens of 4* characters I simply cannot evolve because I can't get enough evo runes despite the fact that I farm LoTB for my entire trooper set most weeks.

I have not seen any real bugs in the beta as far as I have been able to progress through AA. I hope that once the load on that feature increases that it continues to run smoothly.

I really think Gauntlet is intended to be something played for the long-game. Gauntlet seems to be designed as something with the potential to challenge any player at any level. The early levels I really believe anyone could get through at level 100 or maybe sooner. Higher tier progression is going to require time and a great deal of resources and more than anything balancing hoarding and pure luck getting powerful characters in your roster. I suspect that as they rotate the challenges every two weeks that I will get farther sometimes than others just based on how lucky I am to have the right characters. I think that will make this different than arena. I pretty much know with arena where I am going to end up. With Gauntlet I think I will be surprised with each new set of challenges to see how far I can progress. I actually like that.

For Gauntlet I believe the best attitude will be to go in to challenge yourself to see how far can you progress and not expect to be able to win to a certain level every time.

Nicko
08-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Great post Tim with excellent points - I agree with everything you wrote.

I think this is a beta in that the role of Gauntlet in the grand scheme of things is in flux. I think the developers need to define it.

Is it simply an icing on the cake challenge to it's big brother PvP? If that's the case progressing until you hit a wall is probably the way to go. It will involve less time commitment and be doable concurrently with PvP. It may be frustrating at times though, and if the wall remains too tough to overcome interest will wane quickly.

Is it meant to be a feature as potentially engaging as PvP? Then they're going to have to try to modify it so that the wall can somehow be climbed without becoming more "Pay to win" - perhaps giving a character back - or skipping a particular battle with a "Pass" feature - at the expense of dinging your rank.

I could have gotten my Clansman AND my Sekhmet back and I'm not convinced I would have beat the IE team I faced - I still occasionally lose to IE teams in PvP using my best toons, so ONE chance to beat a fully stacked G/A team like that (with a Gimp and Primordials no less) with only warriors was beyond what I could do. Perhaps Carlos or Kamuz could have found a way to pull it off, but many many players would be in the same boat as me.

I have no problem with it being a "play until you hit a wall" feature if the battles aren't as silly as the one that eventually halted my progress. I think the feature itself is great, and I'm glad the developers are reading this thread as there has been some really good input

Stormseye
08-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Summarized suggestions so fsr from posts

Raise or remove the SoW free cap. There are 336 hours in two weeks. The average SoW replenish is about an hour. This would allow people progress a but further without losing too much in risk v reward

Create a new currency to be used, earned and purhased for Gauntlet

Lower the overall cost of SoW for Gauntlet. We have so many ironite cost avenues in the game that the free aspects of playing will limit what you can participate in.

Allow the ability to unlock characters via currency cost

Allow for a continue fee with the same team after a defeat for a currency cost.

Allow full disclosure of opponent teams and their talismans on every floor so that we can plan our teams accordingly. This will not be too unfair as we still need to have a deep roster and the talismans to back it up.

Provide an easier way to swap talismans on characters.

I am sure other can add to this list but these are what I can gather so fsr.

Allow us to use Troopers for our builds

Shaolin85london
08-04-2018, 04:18 PM
Devs I can’t move farther I got stuck in level SSS second fight once I press battle no matter what team I used the game freezes the good thing is it doesn’t consume sow every time the game freezes i got that last night I tried this morning and still the same problem you might want to check that, enemy’s ID OnTheEdge, enemy’s team Beast Eddie, Angel of Mercy, Magus and Sentinel Lilith.

Same boat here. Yesterday I was reporting: {First bug encountered at SSS grade. When I start the first match the game freeze at the teams window. The opponent team is composed by: POM Eddie, Val, cotd gunner and ACR. My team is: shaman eddie, assasin hellhound, warrior hellhound and crimson red dog. I run Android 8.0.0 on honor 9 STF L-09}

This morning the block was gone, managed to win few more matches befo get in stuck at 5th battle of SSS rank against samurai eddie, belzebub, wrath, clair. Same story of Kamuz, game freeze at window team sketch without consuming sow. Apparently the previous block disappeared with the reset.

Metalreaper13
08-04-2018, 04:22 PM
I assume there’s no way to go back into it once you’ve run out of characters until the reset?, be nice if I could just start over and test it out further

Moonchild-6759
08-04-2018, 04:25 PM
Summarized suggestions so fsr from posts

Raise or remove the SoW free cap. There are 336 hours in two weeks. The average SoW replenish is about an hour. This would allow people progress a but further without losing too much in risk v reward

Create a new currency to be used, earned and purhased for Gauntlet

Lower the overall cost of SoW for Gauntlet. We have so many ironite cost avenues in the game that the free aspects of playing will limit what you can participate in.

Allow the ability to unlock characters via currency cost

Allow for a continue fee with the same team after a defeat for a currency cost.

Allow full disclosure of opponent teams and their talismans on every floor so that we can plan our teams accordingly. This will not be too unfair as we still need to have a deep roster and the talismans to back it up.

Provide an easier way to swap talismans on characters.

I am sure other can add to this list but these are what I can gather so fsr.

A good summary but you forgot a point that was mentioned by various people.

The ability to use dupes in quite a few of the grades makes certain characters too important. Having a huge amount of liliths and rare eddies allows for setting up strong teams using the same characters over and over again - especially because you just need one set of good talismans that can be swapped around.
This is against what i believe is one of the intentions with this game mode - to make teams with characters that are rarely used otherwise. The current version is more like: "You now need 5 copies of your best arena team instead of one".

Tim28213
08-04-2018, 05:49 PM
I believe they have enough variety in the mission complexity requirements that people are going to be using characters they normally don't. There was one entire section of missions that would not allow duplicates of a given character so even if you had 4 red Liliths you could still only use one once in that whole section. Other areas you could use each of the four separately.
It does seem they have put some real thought into developing a variety of different types of challenges that will cause everyone to go deeper into their rosters than they would otherwise. At least initial appearances seem that way. I wish I could get further along to investigate the rest of the missions.

The Educated fool
08-04-2018, 08:21 PM
However the feature ends up going (I think hitting a wall at some point will be inevitable, personally... even if it gets it's own currency, which it should, IMO), let us never lose sight of what we are truly fighting for! :cool:

Rain88
08-04-2018, 10:20 PM
Actually there is an easy alternative of lowering the cost or creating a new currency... Increase the iron coins rewards. At the moment, you would be getting 4-5 iron coins per sand of war in the gauntlet (as opposed to minimum 10 in the arena)... Make it 10 iron coins (or even 8) per sand of war in the gauntlet ... this way everyone can participate in the gauntlet

Yup
08-04-2018, 10:21 PM
Iron coins don't allow you to participate in the Gauntlet though. You can't use them to fight battles.. you can't buy SOW with them....

Rain88
08-04-2018, 10:27 PM
Iron coins don't allow you to participate in the Gauntlet though. You can't use them to fight battles.. you can't buy SOW with them....

Really? I had no idea... what's next, you can't use trooper badges to fight in brave new world?

My point was, if the iron coins per sand of war is close in the gauntlet and arena, people who plays the arena for iron coins (I'm sure it's a really high percentage of people) would play the gauntlet more

Amarthir
08-04-2018, 10:54 PM
Made it to grade A and I think I'll stay there because the SoW cost is too obscenely high for one battle. On the bright side it feels good to see myself on such a high ranking compared to the arena. Even if it is meaningless due to how few can play at the moment.

Haven't lost a fight yet though and I haven't used any dupes. It's amazing that there are so many killer team combinations. Makes it very fun.

Kamuz24z
08-05-2018, 06:17 AM
Well I got stuck again I was able to do another 3 fights after reset the same scenario the game freezes after pressing the fight icon I have no complaints I understand that this is a beta and we are testing this new feature is fun to play players have been proposing ideas of how to make it more enjoyable many of them are really good make this feature better than pvp listen to the players NF
Now I’ll value all those future characters and use their abilities to create new teams
Guys you don’t need dupes to get to Level SSS if you can get most of the characters even the 1 stars will help you especially those with all red, green, yellow talismans slots so you can use primordials, Valor and Eternal talismans those are a great help you don’t need to invest SS just get them to level 100 and you’re good to go that’s how I been doing it I think that is key to go far in gauntlet
Unfortunately this time some of us were not able to reach the limit of ours roster and see how far we can go I’ll try again for sure.

Congrats to the first Gauntlet’s God Carlos \m/

Shaolin85london
08-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Congratulations on the god, Carlos!

RobG-9641
08-05-2018, 01:10 PM
What are number of battles and cost per battle for ranks AAA and S (trying to finish the SoW needed chart on another thread)

R1ck
08-05-2018, 03:08 PM
What are number of battles and cost per battle for ranks AAA and S (trying to finish the SoW needed chart on another thread)
For AAA cost 8 SoW per battle and there are 5 battles

Askora
08-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Congrats on God status Carlos!

I stopped at grade A, due to cost and not wanting to hit the lockout bug and pay dearly with ironite for it.

RobG-9641
08-05-2018, 04:19 PM
Thanks R1ck for AAA info. Only Level S remains. Anyone got number of battles and cost info for S?

Kamuz24z
08-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Level S cost 9sow 8 fights
Level SS cost 10sow 10 fights
Level SSS cost 10sow 10 fights

RobG-9641
08-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Thanks to Blade, Shalindo, R1ck & Kamuz for the info..

Rank F = 2 battles @ 1 SoW / 2 SoW total
Rank E = 3 battles @ 2 SoW / 6 SoW total
Rank D = 3 battles @ 3 SoW / 9 Sow total
Rank C = 4 battles @ 4 SoW / 16 SoW total
Rank B = 5 battles @ 5 SoW / 25 Sow total
Rank A = 6 battles @ 6 SoW / 36 Sow total
Rank AA = 6 battles @ 7 SoW / 42 SoW total
Rank AAA = 5 battles @ 8 SoW / 40 SoW total
Rank S = 8 battles @ 9 SoW/ 72 SoW total
Rank SS = 10 battles @ 10 SoW / 100 SoW total
Rank SSS = 10 battles @ 10 SoW / 100 SoW total
TOTAL SoW = 448

Ancient Mariner
08-05-2018, 06:06 PM
TOTAL SoW = 448

LMAO! I wanna think these numbers are gonna get decreased otherwise it's absurd o.O

p.s: I'm wondering how the Gauntlet reset will work...will we start again from the same level we were before the reset, or we'll be sent back to a previous one?

DanielRacy
08-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Wow Carlos is on fire son!!

edsel
08-05-2018, 11:10 PM
This is a great new feature, like hi stakes table at the PvP Casino. Looking forward to the reset and another run. Thanks NF

TheAlbatross-1864
08-05-2018, 11:12 PM
Still waiting for access, aaaaa it sounds like a lot of fun

Yup
08-06-2018, 12:11 AM
Honestly just looks like a way to burn through SOW faster. The nature of "win this battle against an unrestricted team, for an expensive buy-in, all while you have one hand tied behind your back" just isn't my thing. I fought to level AA.. that's as far as I really care to go as things currently are. Not worth my time to waste 7 SOW on 1 fight.

Liebhild
08-06-2018, 12:12 AM
Oh well, the reset: "Please check your internet connection"

T-Man
08-06-2018, 12:19 AM
I really enjoyed Gauntlet, but the cost vs rewards will keep me from engaging on a regular basis. I know the rewards will change once out of beta. I do really hope the cost comes down, or the rewards increase a lot. Its really nice to finally have a new game feature, but it is cost prohibitive. The rewards will really need to be amped up to make it worth while.

I placed 5th, SS rank. One win away from SSS, but I ran out of horses against a perfect storm of a team. Took 2 shots at it and couldn’t break through. Gave it up there.

Not too bad playing on a squishy emulator. Lots of lag, but I don't think it was the games fault, but the fault of the emulator. I hope to see it available on my i devices soon. I Didn't run into any other hang up bugs, just the usual bugs like in the arena.

Congrats Carlos! I figured you or Kamuz would take the first win.

Edit - Its been mentioned, but if there was some way to make changing talisman easier, that would be nice. At the very least, a shortcut my team button from the gauntlet screen would help.

Nicko
08-06-2018, 12:19 AM
Promised rewards weren’t delivered. It said 5 Fate Talismans for rank 10-50; I only received 3.

Anyone else have this issue?

mk ultra
08-06-2018, 12:24 AM
I got to AAA without losing, the teams in AAA where pretty easy except one with POM, prisoner with primordials, magus lilith with destiny and gunner lilith. I fought them last keeping clansman & trooper fully sharded, 2 warrior blockers, liliths, and the dog with immunity + crimson dog. Clansman team was pretty close to win it. Trooper's team was obliterated.
I run out of warrior eddies. But even if i had another powerfull eddie, i still cannot win cause i had no more good warriors.

Amarthir
08-06-2018, 12:27 AM
It would be a whole lot more fun if the SoW cost was reduces. Looks like this week's rewards are same as last week which, since it's a beta I don't expect them to get crazy just yet

Everyone has to remember that this is still just a beta mode, there's still plenty of things they will probably change before it's officially released.

T-Man
08-06-2018, 12:35 AM
Promised rewards weren’t delivered. It said 5 Fate Talismans for rank 10-50; I only received 3.

The reward pop-up showed 5 for me.

Liebhild
08-06-2018, 12:44 AM

Not just the rank is important, you also have to reach the appropriate grade.

calizario
08-06-2018, 01:11 AM

Rank F = 2 battles @ 1 SoW / 2 SoW total
Rank E = 3 battles @ 2 SoW / 6 SoW total
Rank D = 3 battles @ 3 SoW / 9 Sow total
Rank C = 4 battles @ 4 SoW / 16 SoW total
Rank B = 5 battles @ 5 SoW / 25 Sow total
Rank A = 6 battles @ 6 SoW / 36 Sow total
Rank AA = 6 battles @ 7 SoW / 42 SoW total
Rank AAA = 5 battles @ 8 SoW / 40 SoW total
Rank S = 8 battles @ 9 SoW/ 72 SoW total
Rank SS = 10 battles @ 10 SoW / 100 SoW total
Rank SSS = 10 battles @ 10 SoW / 100 SoW total
TOTAL SoW = 448

Then the big question !!!
With 448 SoW without losing in the arena the minimum you get from IC is 4480 and the Gauntlet comes close to that? I ask why prizes of souls do not interest me .. it's all the same always .. the damn RNG. I believe that if it does not change at least in the IC, gauntlet is not worth playing.

Fudjo
08-06-2018, 01:12 AM
As I've mentioned before, the various loot rewards (tier and ranking) are reasonable payoffs for the Ironite you spend, up through about the AA to AAA tiers, when you compare it to the other things you can spend your Ironite on.

The thing is, that doesn't seem to be the type of reward the players are looking for. It seems to me that the reward for the players is playing the game, building up their teams, and facing the challenges of the Gauntlet. The loot rewards are secondary.

Nicko
08-06-2018, 03:41 AM
Not just the rank is important, you also have to reach the appropriate grade.

Missed that - that was it! Thanks

Blade
08-06-2018, 09:16 AM
So the first Gauntlet Season is over. Now we have 14 days for the same fights. 2 Weeks is better than 1 week, but 448 SoW is really really insane. I don't know what the plan behind this shall be. Maybe the PvP-top guns should rather go into Gauntlet, as PvP must be kind of boring for them? Or is it just and only a huge drainage of SoW = ironite = money? I also wondered why we start "unranked" after the reset. I know, the percentage of your wins has an influence on your ranking. Even though, I was quite sure that you will start on some higher tier, depending on your position in the last 2 weeks. This would also reduce your SoW costs a bit. Maybe for the tiers F-C, given you cleared them without a loss? Might this change after beta has finished?
Don't get me wrong. In general I really like the concept of the Gauntlet (despite the german translation of it). Challenging fights, strategic building of your teams and anticipating when you use your best chars etc. This is really cool and also needed, as apart from PvP, everything else in that game can be done in auto-mode after you played for a while. Moreoever, I did not face any specific bugs.
I did 23 fights (100% wins) to reach tier AA. That are 94 SoW (!!) in those 4 days I had until reset. I did this out of curiosity about the new feature. On the next stage you need to do 6 fights with only warrior and magus chars. I had to skill shard 1 of each classes for an earlier stage to have 2 of each. I have enough SS to shard more Eddies, but I am not convinced to do so, as you also need to invest a lot of Ironite to have enough SoW. Also I thought that this week you might need 3 Sentinel and 3 Gunner Eddies (for example), but it seems like there have not been any changes, or?
And as somebody asked: No, the Iron Coin return is not the same as in the Arena, it is much lower. I don't know it for tiers above AA, would someone please note down the IC rewards in the highest tiers?
So again, I like the Gauntlet in general but the costs as they are now are not okay. There have been many good ideas in this thread about this. In general there has been a lot of feedback here about the Gauntlet. I am excited what the devs think about the feedback and any comment about that is welcome.
Another point, as it was also mentioned before. First I also thought, why do we have to pay SoW to be beta testers? Especially those guys early in the beta must be angry, as the progress was reset during the week. Yes, we do get rewards, so spending SoW is ok. I would rather have gone without rewards and, in turn, play the Gauntlet for free. But as there have not been many bugs, and as we got rewards it is ok. And also I think it is a kind of test, how the players think about the SoW costs. As I mentioned above: I spent a lot SoW (for me) to see the next levels, but this was out of curiosity and not because I think the costs are justifiable.

EnricoPalazzo
08-06-2018, 10:12 AM
One thing that crossed my mind, and Devs, please REALLY consider this:
I think it would be great if you could use troopers for the missions.
Finally a real use for them, as they could broaden your roster considerably and would finally make a difference.
As it is now, when was the last time you consciously played a trooper character? All of them are just riding backseat for the badges.
The mission difficulty could be adjusted for the help you get from using troopers, but finally, you'd be happy to see someone offering you his Samurai Eddie when all you need is that one final win in AAA to make the stage.

Shaolin85london
08-06-2018, 10:25 AM
Here we are on the second gauntlet week. Was def a lot of fun, warrior magus restrictions again tho?

Peppoah
08-06-2018, 10:33 AM
Did you see, that we have 2 weeks time now, to clear all levels? No need to hurry this time.

Ancient Mariner
08-06-2018, 11:01 AM
With the "beta" ending I hope they are gonna also diversify more the limits we have in the different levels..especially about the classes we can use, because it's always about using only warrior and magus...would be nice to have also other possible combos like sentinel/warrior or assassin/gunner

Kamuz24z
08-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Anyone knows what necropolis talismans do?

Blade
08-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Anyone knows what necropolis talismans do?

I don't have them but I think those are the ones reducing max HP at perfect hit, right?

Kamuz24z
08-06-2018, 03:47 PM
You’re right Blade I totally forgot about them

Blade
08-06-2018, 03:55 PM
But they are not available, like many others. For example: Angel, Power, Heal, Ghost, Sacrifice, Rush, Shadow and all 6-sets Talismans.

Kamuz24z
08-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Necropolis are part of gauntlet’s rewards this week

Blade
08-06-2018, 04:21 PM

What?? Then I have a different Gauntlet than you... For me the same rewards are shown as last time

Yup
08-06-2018, 04:36 PM
It shows Necropolis here.

kkkreg5
08-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Yeah... that's another BS move NF. Beta testers get another shot at talismans that were available for a short time to everyone else? Not cool...

Kamuz24z
08-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Kkk don’t worry about it we need to go to the higher levels to get at least one set we need to spend around 600 ironites not everyone will invest to get those talismans plus we need to save for the events for this month

Blade
08-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Ok, after another force quit and clear cache I now also see the new rewards. Thanks for the info

Tim28213
08-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Losing the coin toss really hurts, A LOT. I lost the same mission 3 times mainly due to coin toss. 4th time I lost the coin toss again, but finally pulled a win.
I'm more than a little curious if the coin toss is truly random or if that mission you are always going to go second. Until now I had not considered that in Gauntlet the coin toss may or may not be truly random... Level C Mission 3 with Beelzebub, warrior Lilith and Prisoner. Curious if others recall winning the coin toss on that one?

I'm going much slower this time letting SoW refill on its own more than burning through like the first time. I did run into one bug which locked a mission up in level AA which I reported in the bug thread. Otherwise it continues to look smooth.

blade685
08-06-2018, 06:04 PM
It works now on my android device only and... it is too expensive for rewards
it is better for sow to simple do pvp and 90% of rewards are useless actually for end players
It must be tuned :)

T-Man
08-06-2018, 08:31 PM

I was going to skip this (2) week/s, but I don’t have these talisman. That is incentive to play.

Amarthir
08-06-2018, 08:42 PM
I don't have these Talismans either so it would be great to get these now while I can. Or should I say get them two weeks from now..... So long as they don't reset everything in the next 14 days.... Man, maybe I shouldn't have started so fast since I'm already on A and it would be a bummer to get reset. I did not think this through.

But hey, only like 90 billion sands of war left from here to AAA. With the growing number of fights and difficulty scaling, I'm sure there won't be any problems, right guys?

Muzzleloader
08-06-2018, 09:17 PM
May someone screen shot the rewards for gauntlet. That would let the others who can't participate see what you may earn. Thanks.

Fudjo
08-06-2018, 09:36 PM

Fudjo
08-06-2018, 09:39 PM

Fudjo
08-06-2018, 09:54 PM
So, to get a full set of Necropolis talismans you'll need to spend a minimum of 136 SOW. You can do it for zero Ironite if you're patient.

TheAlbatross-1864
08-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Devs, when will the next rollout commence?

Fudjo
08-07-2018, 02:18 AM
Devs, when will the next rollout commence?

The current "season" has 12 days left.

Tim28213
08-07-2018, 07:17 PM
I'm already done for week 2. I only got 2/3 through level C. I made a bad team choice and lost... 2 times in a row. Next mission I lost twice. I'm simply out of viable Eddies at this point. I can see why some people are requesting a way to buy back a character (or more). Not sure if I would buy one back or not, but I definitely see the desire to do so. It is disappointing to be done this soon.

Several good suggestions have been made already. One thing that would help me would simply be to be able to see what effects are available on each of the team members on the screen where I am setting up my team. Before I mostly had 1 of each character set up to fight and it was easy to tell. After the first week of Gauntlet I now have multiple copies of several characters and I cannot easily tell which one has which talisman set. They are not all identical and currently I have to guess based on HPs or another characteristic or flip back and forth through the screens. It would just be convenient to be able to easily tell which of the 3 Hellhounds has the energy talisman set vs the other 2.

Shaolin85london
08-07-2018, 07:28 PM
I'm already done for week 2. I only got 2/3 through level C. I made a bad team choice and lost... 2 times in a row. Next mission I lost twice. I'm simply out of viable Eddies at this point. I can see why some people are requesting a way to buy back a character (or more). Not sure if I would buy one back or not, but I definitely see the desire to do so. It is disappointing to be done this soon.

Several good suggestions have been made already. One thing that would help me would simply be to be able to see what effects are available on each of the team members on the screen where I am setting up my team. Before I mostly had 1 of each character set up to fight and it was easy to tell. After the first week of Gauntlet I now have multiple copies of several characters and I cannot easily tell which one has which talisman set. They are not all identical and currently I have to guess based on HPs or another characteristic or flip back and forth through the screens. It would just be convenient to be able to easily tell which of the 3 Hellhounds has the energy talisman set vs the other 2.

If they let us buying back toons, tell me two things:

1)Where end the strategy and where start the luck?

2) where ll go to terminate the challenge?

Def gauntlet needs some adjustments, agree, replish the team won't be a good one imo.

Cheers

Blade
08-07-2018, 07:28 PM
One thing that would help me would simply be to be able to see what effects are available on each of the team members on the screen where I am setting up my team. Before I mostly had 1 of each character set up to fight and it was easy to tell. After the first week of Gauntlet I now have multiple copies of several characters and I cannot easily tell which one has which talisman set. They are not all identical and currently I have to guess based on HPs or another characteristic or flip back and forth through the screens. It would just be convenient to be able to easily tell which of the 3 Hellhounds has the energy talisman set vs the other 2.

That is a really good idea! I try to do the Gauntlet without dupes, but also for other situations it would be great e.g. to see the talis effects when you have selected a character!

What was the problem with those 2 levels for you? I am about to clear AA and I can't remember the levels from tier C. Was it also only warriors and mages? Because this is also the case to clear AA. 6 fights to do. I have skill sharded 2 Eddies of each class, so I will need to decide which 2 Eds I will shard in addition. This also means for you, that you will need 3 Warriors and 3 Magus Eds anyway and therefore you could shard one now and still clear tier C? Maybe the community can help with team ideas...

Tim28213
08-07-2018, 07:52 PM
First problem was literally poor team choice the first time. Then the Eddie I rally needed was spent and I struggled to get past. The last loss I think may have been a bug but I’m not certain. Had destiny talismans on pharaoh king dog and 2rounds he didn’t get any buffs when hit. I checked after the second round and could not find any reason for the destiny talismans not to give buffs but I may have missed something. It definitely cost me the win whether it was correct or not.

I’m disappointed as I blew through level A last week in no time. I was really surprised to get stuck so early this week.

Blade
08-07-2018, 09:11 PM
This week seems harder than last one. First match on the way to clear AA is hardcore due to class restrictions! Had bad luck losing the coin toss and that my Talis effects did not trigger, but even apart from that it is a big challenge. Especially now as some very good chars are gone already...nice thrill!

Zerynx
08-08-2018, 12:03 AM
First problem was literally poor team choice the first time. Then the Eddie I rally needed was spent and I struggled to get past. The last loss I think may have been a bug but I’m not certain. Had destiny talismans on pharaoh king dog and 2rounds he didn’t get any buffs when hit. I checked after the second round and could not find any reason for the destiny talismans not to give buffs but I may have missed something. It definitely cost me the win whether it was correct or not.

I’m disappointed as I blew through level A last week in no time. I was really surprised to get stuck so early this week.

Im with you. I think I'm done until the reset as I'm stuck in C level too. Disappointed as well. I made it to A in four days last week.

Very surprised to see Destiny Talismans on the third level opponents. My Alex Eddie team got drilled, and my Seventh Son team barely hung on. I have a second Blue Lilith I'm bringing up, but paired with CR, HS, RttH or Can I Play With Madness Eddie, I've little confidence of getting two wins. If I don't get the spin there's no way.

Somewhat annoyed that I sacrificed a Seven Son Eddie in the last sac event, as we were told there would be no dupes in Gauntlet; but now I'm just whining. I like Gauntlet, it's too bad I can't play after the third day is all.

Leviathan
08-08-2018, 12:32 AM
Hey Troopers.

This afternoon we made a few tuning changes to the Gauntlet. The difficulty ramping in the Gauntlet has been adjusted to make it easier in the earlier Grades and smooth out the transition into the later Grades (Note: You'll only notice these changes if/when you enter a new grade).

Let us know how you're finding these changes!

This is just the first tuning adjustment we are making and will continue to monitor player progression and feedback as we work towards additional improvements over the course of the Beta.

Dennis-5290
08-08-2018, 12:57 AM
Sounds good. Looking towards playing once I’m refilled with SOW.

WraithSquadron
08-08-2018, 04:22 AM
Difficulty still stinks for me. I can breeze through tiers F through D using a single Eddie per battle, when I hit C, I can win two battles narrowly with a full team, and get slaughtered in the 3rd. Ancillary characters shouldn't decide a match in a game centered around the many iterations of the band's mascot.

The shorter it lasts the better. The current one lasts 2 weeks which is excessive. Overly excessive. I though the 3 day one was too long. Most players are going to max themselves out in a day, at most. Allow a character refresh if it's going to last half a week or more, which seems desirable for this game model.

Dislike that certain tiers limit class usage, which might help with the difficulty ramp up.

Rain88
08-08-2018, 07:27 AM
I just noticed that the iron coins per sand of war DECREASE as you progress in the gauntlet (whereas it increases in the arena)? stage 1 is 6 iron coins /sow, stage 2 is 4.5/sow, stage 3 is 4/sow ... That makes absolutely no sense.

Once again, either decreases the sand of war cost or increase the iron coins payout.

Blade
08-08-2018, 09:34 AM
I just noticed that the iron coins per sand of war DECREASE as you progress in the gauntlet (whereas it increases in the arena)? stage 1 is 6 iron coins /sow, stage 2 is 4.5/sow, stage 3 is 4/sow ... That makes absolutely no sense.

Once again, either decreases the sand of war cost or increase the iron coins payout.

On the way to clear AA you get 32 IC per fight (7 SoW) = 4.6 IC/SoW. So it is not a general decrease. But you are right, the IC return per SoW is low. But again, it was never said that Gautlet is the new way to go for farming IC. It is about the challenge, some nice rewards and IC in addition. In my opinion it would be necessary to have more ways to earn SoW. For instance as random drops in Gauntlet fights. Right now you have the chest at the end of each fight but there is no surprise as you know already what the rewards will be. That's a bit silly :) Moreoever I clearly vote for a higher SoW maximum and a faster regeneration.

Peppoah
08-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Dear devs,
Could you please check the difficulty in SSS level? It’s simply impossible to clear it all. My friend Shaolinlondo asked me to post this picture for him because he can’t do it at the moment. 4809
As we all know, he has a full roster and even he can’t do it.
Please lower the difficulty. Thank you

Ip4
08-08-2018, 11:03 AM
from reading this thread looks like no one will play gauntlet when it out for public,it's all expencive and expensive and expensive...

Blade
08-08-2018, 11:30 AM
What does that third symbol mean? First is that you fight in order and can't see whats coming next, second one means no duplicate chars. But the Skull?
Anyway this really looks ultra hardcore! 2 times Magus Lilith and 3 times the red goddess? And in that stage there are 10 fights to do, right? Without dupes? Wow! At least you aren't restricted in terms of use of classes, but still this is more than a challenge.

Ancient Mariner
08-08-2018, 11:34 AM

Please someone help me to set up a team to defeat these fuckers..as you can see in the pic i already wasted 2 teams and can't lose again or i won't have other chars left to use for the next level's stages.

Prisoner has the primordial talisman and the Blue Lilith has the Destiny set.
They seem untouchable, Lilith keeps getting every possible buff and she prevents me from killing the others, so i have to go on her first, but it takes more than 1 turn of my whole team and meanwhile the others destroy me...don't know what to do.

Any good ideas?

p.s.: this is the only thing i don't like about Gauntlet: ok the difficulty, but if we crash against a single team, using all the chars we have we won't be able to go on until the next Gauntlet reset, which is 2 weeks :/ being stuck like that is boring, without having another chance to play even the other stages of the same level...

I usually go for the hardest team to be free later to manage better my roaster, but in these cases i don't know what to do

Blade
08-08-2018, 11:57 AM
I would go with Visions Ed, Assassin Artillery Dog, Gunner Pharaoh Dog and Magus Chopper. Others that "can help" (random targets...) against Lilith: Assassin Corrupt Rescuer and Death Dog but both are easy to kill if you lose the coin toss and Prisoner will disable passives if you don't put Immunity Talis on them. Or a void shield can help if you are lucky and Primordials don't give perfect Immunity to Lilith. Not an easy fight and with all the random things, I think there is no 100% win guarantee.

Inishmore
08-08-2018, 12:08 PM

Please someone help me to set up a team to defeat these fuckers..as you can see in the pic i already wasted 2 teams and can't lose again or i won't have other chars left to use for the next level's stages.

Prisoner has the primordial talisman and the Blue Lilith has the Destiny set.
They seem untouchable, Lilith keeps getting every possible buff and she prevents me from killing the others, so i have to go on her first, but it takes more than 1 turn of my whole team and meanwhile the others destroy me...don't know what to do.

Any good ideas?

p.s.: this is the only thing i don't like about Gauntlet: ok the difficulty, but if we crash against a single team, using all the chars we have we won't be able to go on until the next Gauntlet reset, which is 2 weeks :/ being stuck like that is boring, without having another chance to play even the other stages of the same level...

I usually go for the hardest team to be free later to manage better my roaster, but in these cases i don't know what to do

I faced the same team and lost twice, once using Visions. I got past them with PoM Eddie and Prisoner plus any two heavy hitters (Ibrought Nomad and assassin Harpy).

Blade
08-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Can someone help for a team to clear the first fight on the way to AA? It is against 7th Son Ed (don't remember Talis, I think Void), green General with the new Eternal Set, Gunner Lilith (Regen so that the whole team has Immunity) and Sentinel Lilith (I think it was Immortality). Only allowed: Warriors and Magus. I burnt already Samurai Ed, Red Pyro Soldier, Red Crimson Dog and Red Soldier (the one inflicting heal block).
I thought about Red Buzz Blocker with Steel set so that the 7th Son will attack him. Any ideas for supporters?

Shaolin85london
08-08-2018, 01:09 PM
What does that third symbol mean? First is that you fight in order and can't see whats coming next, second one means no duplicate chars. But the Skull?
Anyway this really looks ultra hardcore! 2 times Magus Lilith and 3 times the red goddess? And in that stage there are 10 fights to do, right? Without dupes? Wow! At least you aren't restricted in terms of use of classes, but still this is more than a challenge.

Ditto! I got full skilled and talismans roster still I can't go through. Reason is because at ss grade which is the one comes before this in the screenshot, I used my better toons to fight 10 strong teams like this! Doomsday, Horus, sekmeth, blue green and purple lilith, gimp one after one! That's madness. The skull doesn't allow toon refresh and it started from ss grade, following in sss... Even if someway I d complete this SSS, next stage don't allow refresh.... This is further than human... they need to review these before other players get stuck there.

Blade
08-08-2018, 01:18 PM
The skull doesn't allow toon refresh and it started from ss grade, following in sss...

Thanks for the explanation but WTF?? This is really extreme ultra mega hardcore :) But I guess it is meant to be close to impossible. So I almost "hope" that you won't make it, so that it is clear that this challenge was just too much... ;)

Shaolin85london
08-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the explanation but WTF?? This is really extreme ultra mega hardcore :) But I guess it is meant to be close to impossible. So I almost "hope" that you won't make it, so that it is clear that this challenge was just too much... ;)
Ofc I m sitting now, no worth to risk other toons and sow, but still ..quite sad my gauntlet climb is simply done for this week :/

Leviathan
08-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Hello everyone!

The Gauntlet beta has officially been rolled out to all Legacy of the Beast players! If you've been waiting to give it a try, it should be available on your device now.

Cheers \m/

T-Man
08-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Hello everyone!

The Gauntlet beta has officially been rolled out to all Legacy of the Beast players! If you've been waiting to give it a try, it should be available on your device now.

Cheers \m/

Cool! Just saw it pop up on my phone while playing the arena. So happy I don't have to use that damn emulator now. Btw can you check the bug thread if you haven't lately? Thanks.

Blade
08-08-2018, 06:50 PM
These are good news! Have fun everybody :)
You will get into contact with some chars you maybe did not use until now. For me the last two I sharded were Trooper Ed and the Alchemist. I like it!

Ip4
08-08-2018, 06:58 PM
game error and gauntlet reser on second battle and give me same battle :(

Blade
08-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Maybe all who have the Gauntlet now should first close the app, force quit and clear cache before you start the game again. Hope that helps!

Ip4
08-08-2018, 07:59 PM
my game over is on C ,i don't have 4 Eddies red/blue...

Deathbat6120
08-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Man, just tried Gauntlet and already getting my ass handed to me lol. Wish I'd kept track of all my characters' talismans and shards as it would've made picking a team so much easier!

Answer_V
08-08-2018, 08:14 PM
I do not get rewards, I do not have talismans and others are rewarded

URock
08-08-2018, 08:15 PM
I don't waste my SoW for this game feature, because I need them for the next Arena Event. Sry, but this is too expensive...

Blade
08-08-2018, 08:29 PM
I do not get rewards, I do not have talismans and others are rewarded

There are 11 days left. After that you get the rewards depending on the rank you reached. Button "RANKED REWARDS" bottom right.
On the way through the ranks you get IC and milestone rewards directly. Button "REWARDS" up left.

I hope we will see additional ways to earn some SoW!

Rain88
08-08-2018, 08:36 PM
But again, it was never said that Gautlet is the new way to go for farming IC.
I'm pretty sure they did, straight after they released the relics. Anyway, since I still needs heaps of those and the gauntlet is a horrible way to get iron coins, I will stick to arena

Yup
08-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Actually the Gauntlet is a great way to get IC if you don't like PvP. But the return on IC from the Gauntlet is a bit of a "bait and switch". It's worth it for the first couple levels F-D perhaps. Then the SOW/IC ratio is much worse than PvP, especially if you are getting the 12-13-15 IC per win in PvP.

Answer_V
08-08-2018, 08:43 PM
There are 11 days left. After that you get the rewards depending on the rank you reached. Button "RANKED REWARDS" bottom right.
On the way through the ranks you get IC and milestone rewards directly. Button "REWARDS" up left.

I hope we will see additional ways to earn some SoW!

thank you I thought I'd get the rewards right now if it's all in order

ZorglubZ
08-08-2018, 09:30 PM
About buyback of characters..
What about a 24h cooldown?
You'll be able to retry, but not right away; that'll help lower tier players without giving top-tier players an unfair advantage.

Ip4
08-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Gauntlet is worst part that happend in this game,if you lose you can't use that characters again,so stupid...

HuckFinn150
08-08-2018, 10:07 PM
I discovered I am lacking in the quantity of characters to participate in the gauntlet. I guess I'm too much of a collector and didn't keep the enough toons lol. Oh well, it was fun for 4 rounds lol.

Cefiar
08-08-2018, 11:09 PM
With the Arena, if you defeat 10 enemies in the attack screen, you get 2 SoW.

In Gauntlet, if you clear a grade you get a reward, but no SoW.

If they add an SoW reward at the end of each grade (in addition to the rest), then that might make it marginally more attractive to play.

Suggestion: SoW Reward per grade = Cost of one completed grade battle + 1

This would get you 2 SoW on completing Grade F, 4 on completing Grade E, etc.

Admittedly the return for Grade F is the cost of playing Grade F. Above is only a suggestion tho.

At the moment it's just a total SoW sink, which doesn't inspire anyone to play.

Liebhild
08-08-2018, 11:39 PM
I'm pretty sure they did, straight after they released the relics. Anyway, since I still needs heaps of those and the gauntlet is a horrible way to get iron coins, I will stick to arena

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9886-Relics-what-you-get&p=68037&viewfull=1#post68037

There are some features to help alleviate the amount of time /effort required coming pretty soon. In addition, the Gauntlet has a very different pace than the Arena, so you will be able to earn a good amount of Iron Coins at a faster overall rate than the Arena. The challenge of the Gauntlet is quite different than the Arena though and will be much less about grinding and more about strategic and smart use of the units you have.

ZorglubZ
08-08-2018, 11:41 PM
The cost/reward ratio doesn't seem to have improved at all.
So I'm not going to bother. At all.
... Damn and blast, just blew 10 SoW for nothing! Well, technically, I cleared grade E, but whatever.
Fsck the Gauntlet, it's pay to play atm. I'll stick with the Arena; I'll get 13 IC for each SoW there.
This is just about the worst "beta" (scare quotes used with intent) event I've participated in; you have to use in-game currency to _help the developers_, with worse RoI (no, not Republic of Ireland... :-p) than just playing the game.
As noted elsewhere, it'll cost 448 SoW to clear the Gauntlet, and with 168 hours in a week (and three SoW from daily challenges), that's 378 free SoW in two weeks.
That means a *minimum* of 210 ironite to clear all battles.
If I wanted to use all that, I'd rather use it to reach the next reward level in the Arena. It'd at least give me a return of ironite!

Lord Schmeb
08-08-2018, 11:52 PM
Well, that was anticlimactic.

500 Ironite gone in the blink of an eye. What did I get for that? About 60 minutes of fun. Now that I’m stuck because I don’t have 138 Warrior Eddies, (and I’m out of ironite), I get to wait over a week(?) to try it again? Ya, color me disappointed and bored to death. Potential? Oh ya, this could’ve been WAY fun, but alas, it’s just BNW in a different mask - at 5x the price. What a shame.

Schmeb, out.

kkkreg5
08-09-2018, 03:04 AM
Actually the Gauntlet is a great way to get IC if you don't like PvP. But the return on IC from the Gauntlet is a bit of a "bait and switch". It's worth it for the first couple levels F-D perhaps. Then the SOW/IC ratio is much worse than PvP, especially if you are getting the 12-13-15 IC per win in PvP.

I think level C is where I'll draw the line. 16 SoW for 72 IC if you win all four matches? I'll spend 10 SoW in "arena" for a return of 100 IC at my "rank"...