PDA

View Full Version : Pvp gripes

rags-6094
08-03-2018, 05:46 AM
I am fed up with PVP stuff ups, like most troopers bumping heads in the top 50 or so I have a Magis Lillith set as my blocker, I have noticed and fair enough she seems to be easily overcome at some point by Gunner Lillith not a problem, but when some opposition Magis Lillith takes out my Sekhmet and occasionally my Eddie while my Magis Lillith sits there clean as a whistle of negative buffs and the destiny talismans don't fire and protect the rest of the team I'm starting to wonder wtf is going on.

Another thing - I run Valor talisman on my Sekhmet some of my rivals do to and fair enough, but why is it even after the Valor effects are removed either on mine or the opposition that the opposing Sekhmet or mine can still remove gold buffs on all moves on the opposition?

Relics have nothing to do with this, I'm not the highest on relics but I'm doing ok, so what's with all the buff stuff ups? How can the Devs even think about bringing in another PVP related realm when they can't fix simple buff stuff ups on the Arena they've had for over 12 months now?

Sekhmet's Solar Eye basic move is the only one that removes Normal buffs but well after the gold Valor buff has been removed they continue to remove gold buffs, just bloody stupid!

Come on LOTB fix this simple stuff please! I've got others too but hopefully this thread will raise some positive response instead of the normal rubbish that seems to be inspired these days.
I love the game and spend a lot of time and a fair bit of my dough playing it so fix this please!

Before any do gooders say ooh maybe you should walk away for a while!
I DONT WANT TO WALK AWAY I LOVE THE GAME! Just pissed that I spend real money compete regularly and am frustrated with simple things that have not been mentioned or fixed, so add your known buff issues people let's get these fixed once and for all before the Gauntlet really starts for all.

Do you want to burn your hard earned SOW or essentially ironite losing potential battles on buff stuff ups?

Yup
08-03-2018, 06:01 AM
Sehkmet I've NEVER run Valor talismans on my Sehkmet. She's ALWAYS removed golden buffs, one at a time. (just not terribly predictably) That's one huge reason I think Valors on her is a waste since the HP+ can be so easily removed, and the Talisman passive doesn't really add anything.

rags-6094
08-03-2018, 06:17 AM
Thanks Yup, I would call that positive feedback!
I didn't know that. Funnily enough the description on Sekhmets basic skill mentions nothing of removing golden buffs.
Had I known that and indeed many others too I would have placed a different talisman set on her.
Good feedback many thanks. Still leaves the description wanting though doesn't it?

EnricoPalazzo
08-03-2018, 07:20 AM
Hey Rags, the Valor effect cannot be removed, it is permanent and will always remove golden buffs.
One effect of the Valor talismans though is the double health golden buff on the wearer, which CAN be removed, but this does not impact the ability to remove golden effects from enemies on basic attacks.

Amarthir
08-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Solar Eye doesn't remove yellow buffs, only blue buffs. If you have Valor Talismans on her then she will always remove one blue buff and one yellow buff. I use that on her regularly.

And the Valor set does 2 things, it adds the max health as a yellow buff, and as a passive effect which is unrelated to the health buff, each turn it will remove 1 yellow buff from each enemy.

rags-6094
08-03-2018, 10:50 AM
But to spite the description saying it cannot be removed every regular trooper knows gold or yellow buffs can be removed with the right toon or counter buff.
If it cannot be removed then why does it take away the icon but not the buffs ?

EnricoPalazzo
08-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Valor has two effects:
The health buff is a golden buff like any other, applied once with infinite duration at the start of battle and this can be removed accordingly.
The second effect is the ability to remove one golden buff from each enemy. It is permanent and cannot be removed, just like Echo talismans grant an irrevokable Echo ability, or like Destiny talismans generate defense buffs on each hit.

Stormseye
08-03-2018, 12:09 PM
I feel you Rags on the front where Magus Lillith is left up while other allies die. I think it may be related to burn effects. Usualy when it happens to me Beast and Sekemet are involved. So many bugs to go through.

Yup
08-03-2018, 01:49 PM
Solar Eye doesn't remove yellow buffs, only blue buffs.

Well then you need to watch my Sehkmet in action. She removes Gold Buffs. I've specifically seen her do this and like I posted I've never run Valors on her. They are "positive effects". Just because the description doesn't mention yellow buffs specifically, doesn't mean they aren't included. I mean, think about how wrong The Gunner Valkyrie's descriptions are today..... that may be why the skill info is more general.

Amarthir
08-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Well then you need to watch my Sehkmet in action. She removes Gold Buffs. I've specifically seen her do this and like I posted I've never run Valors on her. They are "positive effects". Just because the description doesn't mention yellow buffs specifically, doesn't mean they aren't included. I mean, think about how wrong The Gunner Valkyrie's descriptions are today..... that may be why the skill info is more general.

Last night I ran a couple tests and not a single time did she remove a yellow buff. This could just be a bug or just ask the devs if it's true. All I'm saying is Sekhmet is one of my main attackers and I always have Valor Talismans on her and she never fails to remove the 2 buffs I specified.

rags-6094
08-03-2018, 06:55 PM
There's one thing to do, I'll pay even more attention to the buffs on Valor and see what goes on, but the icon for the buff is definitely taken away, but still allowing golden buffs to be removed...

Yup
08-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Ya know.. IT's entirely possible I was thinking of Asset (which does remove yellow buffs).
I ran a few tests just now and yeah. I may be mistaken about Sehkmet.

rags-6094
08-03-2018, 07:16 PM

This picky shows the start of battle after attacking Sekhmet had the first go, she has already removed the Valor golden buff from the defence Sekhmet...

rags-6094
08-03-2018, 07:20 PM

This picky is after the defence team have had their first go, note the Valor buff now gone on the attacking sides Sekhmet..

rags-6094
08-03-2018, 07:24 PM

This picky was the 3rd and last in this battle just to highlight both Sekhmets still have the power to remove gold buffs even after the icon is gone.

Thanks Stormseye for pointing out the burn negative buff also shown here that explains why some toons seem to perish even though M Lillith appears to be relatively ok, a bit like the bleed buff I guess where it's effects are progressive....

rags-6094
08-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Actually I think I mixed up pickys two and three they should be around the other way but you get my drift...

Ip4
08-03-2018, 07:53 PM
sorry for offtopic but what rank can be 3700 points in arena this week what you think?

Stormseye
08-03-2018, 08:14 PM
sorry for offtopic but what rank can be 3700 points in arena this week what you think?

3741 and higher will get you rank 22 as of this post.

I think I found out how Magus Lillith will sometimes die with Immortality and then die again. This tends to happen with dual or multi hitters. DDE for example will hit with both magic and physical, both quite hard sometimes, what happens is that Lillith is hit hard enough to kill her and she dies, immortality kicks in, she is revived with 60% health and the second hit from DDE lands killing her for a second time. Due to number of animations and resolving damage it appears that Lillith dies, revives and dies again. This should probably not happen in the this order but there must be an issue with the way damage from multi hitters is applied. Much the same way that attacks that do damage and remove all buffs always result in the character revives from Immortality even though the buffs were supposed to removed before damage is dealt.

This tends to happen not in my favor when Clansman has used Fury and all opponents have Sacrifice and Perfect Immortality. I hit hard enough to kill all of them but the result is that only one character dies and the other 3 are fully healed with full buffs still. This is also the same effect that allows for Gunner Lillith to kill Magus Destiny Lillith when she has a ton of golden buffs up, the bonus damage is applied at as a separate attack so you have 4 "hits" with each one doing damage and removing effects - likely removing Invincibilty - then the 5th hit for Golden Buff damage fires and the result is a dead Magus.

Yup
08-03-2018, 08:55 PM
Actually I hit her with Alex Ed (only physical damage) and she'll do it. I think it's damage total for other toons.. she takes enough damage and dies, then revives and takes the rest of the damage from the other toons.. killing her again.

It only happens when you hit multiple targets and she dies.. at least that's what I think I've seen.

Yup
08-03-2018, 09:45 PM

Can't tell until 1 hour before weekly rollover. Generally if you are on the cusp of a given tier, you'll drop to the lower tier before rollover due to the "Saturday rush" and everyone trying to achieve rank. If you are the top of a tier you may be able to stay in the same tier if your defense percentage is respectable. If you join the "Saturday rush" and fight a great deal that last hour, you may move up a tier if you're close.

Really anyone in Warlord II or better is doing a decent job. And anything more than that often comes down to how much you fight more than anything else.

But given this week I've seen WAY WAY WAY overpowered defensive teams... it's a grab bag for me this week. My D rate is holding strong.. but I've lost more attacks than I traditionally have.

Noventa
08-04-2018, 12:32 AM
Another off topic question is Valor talisman still available?

Yup
08-04-2018, 02:39 AM
None of the 6-set talismans are currently available anywhere.

Noventa
08-05-2018, 07:53 PM
None of the 6-set talismans are currently available anywhere.

Primordials, and Eclipse really hard to counter without Valor. I want to try Purple Corrupt Rescuer but couldn't fit her into my team