PDA

View Full Version : Character Fragment Event, featuring the DEBUT Warrior Death Dog

Leviathan
08-09-2018, 12:02 AM
Crush the Lord of Light for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed 4★ character!

From now until August 11th, 5 PM PT, each battle in the Lord of Light dungeons has a chance of dropping Death Dog Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4★ Warrior Death Dog!

The Warrior Death Dog joins the cast as a new 4★ Warrior in Legacy of the Beast. His passive automatically revives him the first time he dies. His basic attack does high single target physical and true damage, which also heals a random ally, and his power attack grants Immunity and Cleanse to all allies and inflicts Permadeath on all enemies while granting himself an Extra Turn!

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle, so don’t be afraid of that 200 requirement! Additionally, you can earn as many Death Dog Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

SPECIAL EVENT ADDITIONS: For the duration of this event, the Lord of Light dungeons also have the following changes:

Lilith Soul Fragments are available from all floors of the Lord of Light dungeons! Lilith Soul Fragments are a recurring fragment that is periodically featured in events, and may require you to collect them from multiple events in order to have enough to redeem a soul. Collect 500 for a guaranteed 5★ Lilith!
All Lord of Light dungeons will also have a 3x chance of dropping Rare Souls! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get more Rare Souls while getting your guaranteed 4★ character!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up a Death Dog:

Get a FREE 10 Death Dog Soul Fragments to start you off!
Grab the “Warrior Experience Pack”! This provides Ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5★ XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Death Dog!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with an Death Dog, including Sacrificial Talismans and the debut Redemption Talismans!

Redemption Talismans are red talismans with a 3 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to have a chance to automatically remove 2 beneficial effects from enemies at the start of battle, and to grant Echo and Physical Reflect Shield to all allies when the character dies!

Sacrificial Talismans are Green talismans with a 3 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to gain the Sacrifice status for the duration of the battle, which will full heal your team when the character dies!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Death Dog Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, this character is not available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit him, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

druid138
08-09-2018, 12:10 AM
"From now until August 11th, 5 PM PT"

Does this mean that we'll see extended LoL hours this week, since LoL would normally be closed from 5 PM PT August 9th through 5 PM PT August 11th? Thanks!

Leviathan
08-09-2018, 12:15 AM
Hi Druid138!

Yes, the Lord of Light will be extended this week to Saturday! Hope that helps.

druid138
08-09-2018, 12:18 AM
Hi Druid138!

Awesome, thank you! On paper, he looks like a hell of an ally for the Warrior-Magus-only Gauntlet Grades.

Liebhild
08-09-2018, 12:27 AM
Free-2-Play vs Redemption Talismans

GJ [moderators]

Muzzleloader
08-09-2018, 01:53 AM
What LoL dungeons will be opened on the extended days?

Alvorada
08-09-2018, 02:19 AM
What LoL dungeons will be opened on the extended days?

the last delay on launch LOL event, the 3 dungeons were opened, 16 hours each, covering the 48 hours that should not had LOL

Warlord
08-09-2018, 02:46 AM
Did you forget the collar on the death dog ? looks more like wicker dog.. come on add the collar would look so much better...

druid138
08-09-2018, 04:30 AM
Did you forget the collar on the death dog ? looks more like wicker dog.. come on add the collar would look so much better...

Totally agree! Please make him look a little more like his evil and menacing Assassin brother!

Ip4
08-09-2018, 07:29 AM
this dog ia only good for sacrifice...

rags-6094
08-09-2018, 08:07 AM
this dog ia only good for sacrifice...

Haven't tried him out yet but I guessed as much...
Still who's farming for the stupid so and so dog isn't it all about Lillith frags?

Ip4
08-09-2018, 08:20 AM
agree i i don't want but i must coz of Lilith frags...

Deathbat6120
08-09-2018, 08:41 AM
I'm still gonna give the dog a shot, if he's not that good then I haven't really lost much and I'll still have the Lilith frags. Besides, he's another toon that can be used in the Warrior/Magus restricted Gauntlet levels.

Yup
08-09-2018, 09:12 AM
I don't know.. 9K Physical damage then 12k True damage in one hit on LOL Lord lvl X.... (fully sharded - only takes 4 skill shards) [my class relics may make a difference in those numbers] and with only level 40 4 star atk talismans.... so it'll increase. And the power move is decent since it grants an extra turn by default. I think this is actually one of the better dogs in the game where atk is concerned.

Blade
08-09-2018, 09:20 AM
Hmm don't know what to say. More or less typical fragment grind event. Uncommon start, I assumed we will see this event next week Tue-Thursday. This time extra LoL openings, thats ok. But I guess we will still see Warrior, Magus and Sentinel. This would be a good option to also have Gunner and Assassin during a grind event as those 2 classes are always shorter in resources compared to the other classes because of the timing.
Moreover I hate to see the next pay-only-Talisman-Set. I hope that not too many people buy this to show that this is not the kind of thing we want to have in the game! Blood Brothers!
So this adds another Talis set for Night City and/or the Silent Planet as I hope that we will be able to farm all types of Talis in the future! But we have quite many Talis in that regard:
valor, necropolis, redemption, eternal, heal, sacrifice, power-shield, ghost, the blue 6-set that will come for sure, rush, primordial, angle, shadow, eclipse
(feel free to add what I missed)

Blade
08-09-2018, 09:24 AM
I don't know.. 9K Physical damage then 12k True damage in one hit on LOL Lord lvl X.... (fully sharded - only takes 4 skill shards) [my class relics may make a difference in those numbers] and with only level 40 4 star atk talismans.... so it'll increase. And the power move is decent since it grants an extra turn by default. I think this is actually one of the better dogs in the game where atk is concerned.

Well this sounds quite good actually! How is his stability? HP, DEF and MR on Level 100? Talis slots are green and purple I guess?

Ip4
08-09-2018, 09:47 AM
240 SOT = 70 dog frags,15 Lilith frags,2 rare souls

Shaolin85london
08-09-2018, 09:52 AM
Hi Druid138!

Hi leviathan seems like the new talisman passive ain't works at all. I ve tried both on the new warrior dog and death dog. No buff gained from the talisman set. Can you please look into this? My in-game name is shaolilondo-7198. Cheers

cranialtyrant
08-09-2018, 09:54 AM
500+ sot got 1 dog and ZERO Lilith frags.

kgk56
08-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Sadly the GREEN Sacrificial Talis can't be used on the WDD : his slots are 2 Red (supposedly You equiped it with the RED Redemption talis) & 1 Yellow (both Sacrifical & Redemption are sets of 3 talis)

Kaz_LOTB
08-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Hi leviathan seems like the new talisman passive ain't works at all. I ve tried both on the new warrior dog and death dog. No buff gained from the talisman set. Can you please look into this? My in-game name is shaolilondo-7198. Cheers

Hi Shaolin,

I've just verified that the talismans are working as intended on live. Keep in mind that the beneficial effects of the talismans only trigger upon the character's death, similar to the sacrifical talisman effect. This is particularly useful on characters, like the Warrior Death Dog who have a self revive.

Give it a try and see how that works.

-Kaz

Shaolin85london
08-09-2018, 02:55 PM
Hi Shaolin,

I've just verified that the talismans are working as intended on live. Keep in mind that the beneficial effects of the talismans only trigger upon the character's death, similar to the sacrifical talisman effect. This is particularly useful on characters, like the Warrior Death Dog who have a self revive.

Give it a try and see how that works.

-Kaz

Oh now I clearly see, guess I miss some of the talisman specifics. Thank you Kaz for the prompt response 🤟

Yup
08-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Well this sounds quite good actually! How is his stability? HP, DEF and MR on Level 100? Talis slots are green and purple I guess?

2 red 1 yellow.

Natural stats at lvl 100:
HP: 7526
ATK: 1545
D: 396
M: 975
MR: 232
Sp: 230

He's got better natural stats than a couple Eddies out there.

I'm currently running him with Steel and Chance talismans, so the charge buff is adding to his attack and the invincibility buff means he really takes 0 damage in LOL - the other side is dead before he can be hit.

Deathbat6120
08-09-2018, 04:54 PM
2 red 1 yellow.

He's got better natural stats than a couple Eddies out there.

Damn, that's looking pretty good! I just managed to get him, so I'm looking forward to testing him out once he's leveled up! Just looking at skills, he's quite similar to GPD, so that's cool.

Olevipoeg
08-09-2018, 05:46 PM
What level LoL?

zamasu
08-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Quick question to the Devs:

In the state of the nation 2018 you mentioned: Relics, Gauntlet, Night City, Guilds, and Silent Planet.

We already have Relics and Gauntlet, Night city is coming. How about Silent Planet and Guilds, are they still planned for this year?

Yup
08-09-2018, 06:05 PM
It's august... I wouldn't hold your breath for anything else this year.. My guess would be another 6-months to a year before anything else is released.. Gauntlet was a quick and easy PvP revamp.. hopefully to distract from actual story progression content in my opinion.

T-Man
08-09-2018, 09:37 PM

Zero? That’s crazy! The Lilith frags are scarce from my experience as well. I loaded up with 5 refills and only got about 50 frags out of that playing X. Not cool. I quit for now.

Deathbat6120
08-09-2018, 09:38 PM
The Lilith frags are scarce right now from my experience as well. I loaded up with 5 refills and only got about 50 frags out of that playing X. Not cool. I quit for now.

It seems both frags are pretty scarce. I don't recall having to refill as much as I have this time compared to other LoL fragment events just to get the highlight character. Barely had any Lilith frags either.

Ip4
08-09-2018, 10:13 PM
1020 SOT= 2 dog, 150 Lilith frag,3 rare souls...

previous event give much more fragments than this one...

kkkreg5
08-09-2018, 11:58 PM
Got a dog on one mega SoT refill (150 ironite).

The Educated fool
08-10-2018, 12:01 AM
He's a cool puppy... I like him! I like his look too. It's good he's a bit different from his Assassin cousin, IMO... brings out the burn in him! :cool:

URock
08-10-2018, 09:06 AM
Got my 3rd (!) Sentinel Lilith from these damn fragments. 1st I was pissed, but with the new gauntlet feature some dupes are nice to have right?

osiris0000
08-10-2018, 10:37 AM
I like this type of events. It would be also cool if we get a Dog Whisperer Eddie actually. It is not easy to handle too many dogs ;)

https://preview.ibb.co/j9ynap/dogdrop.png

Leano
08-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Good event. Finished a Lilith soul and got the warrior one! Only the assassin is missing and just because i've sacrificed two of them at the primordials event. The dog looks cool and seems just a character to help at the gauntlet, the fact that it takes up only 4 ss to max is cool since he's special move seems useful. But the drop rates are bad this time huh?

Blade
08-10-2018, 05:40 PM
2 red 1 yellow.

Thanks for the info, Yup! MR and SP are a bit low, and the slots color is a bit surprising. So he will not be my next char to max out, but maybe can or will be useful in the Gauntlet!

thealchemist
08-11-2018, 04:07 AM
Ive sunk around 300 ironite on SoT for 800 Death dog fragments but only 235 Lilith fragments. Still 60 needed to complete another Lilith soul. I have a feeling they have adjusted the Lilith frag drop rate to get us to spend more ironite as thats what everyone is after anyway....I'm getting so discouraged by this drop rate. :mad:

By comparison in the previous frag event I got 3 Angel of Mercy souls and between 300-400 Lilith frags from memory.

Amarthir
08-11-2018, 06:49 AM
The 400 SoT pack is a blessing, but 6 dogs in and my Lilith soul was just another Assassin dupe.

Curses! Shall the Warrior evade me forever?? Honestly I'm only 270 frontier coins away from getting Alexander Eddie but the temptation of getting her is real..

angelkelly
08-11-2018, 09:46 PM
I’m starting to think my account is rigged. Today alone I opened over 4 Lilith souls and managed to pull over 3 sentinel and 1 warrior Lilith, all dupes.
So far that’s.........

7 or 8 Sentinel Lilith( All Dupes)
3 Warrior Lilith( 1 being new)
3 gunner Lilith (With the exception of 1 being bought from frontier coins)
& 1 Assassin Lilith (New)

Symbiote
08-11-2018, 11:32 PM
I like this type of events. It would be also cool if we get a Dog Whisperer Eddie actually. It is not easy to handle too many dogs ;)

https://preview.ibb.co/j9ynap/dogdrop.png

Ahahhaha.., this is awesome.., im laughing my ass off. :D

Icarus
08-12-2018, 12:24 AM
Nice event, i felt like this was more balanced talking about Fragment Drops, it was a little bit hard to get more of them unlike other events, i end with 3 dogs and just 1 Lilith Soul.
I pulled a Magus Lilith from it (Dupe), with that my streak of non dupes Liliths is gone, lol. I just need the Gunner Lilith to have all of them, the next one i guess.
Now lets see what does the new Arena event has to offer :cool:

thealchemist
08-12-2018, 04:48 AM
In the end I got enough Lilith fragments to complete a soul, thanks to a single drop of 50 but I was getting really worried and discouraged before that.

In the end I got 910 Dog fragments and 310 Lilith fragments from the event. So besides the lack of Lilith drops in this event, re-running the Sentinel dungeon again yesterday after the event started on it just seemed silly to me. I think it should have been 12 hours in the Warrior/Magus/Gunner/Assassin dungeons to round out the event. I think most of us only go to LOL dungeon during these events, so to end up with so much xp shards of the same classes over and over sucks somewhat. Which is why the Horus event over 5 days was so good, people could choose which dungeons to farm from the most. For me it was the Gunner in that event. In this one it was Warrior but the Lilith drop rates were pretty poor so it seemed like a waste to spend so much ironite just for Xp shards....ok rant over.

kgk56
08-13-2018, 09:53 AM
The Gods were on My Side :)
- 21 Death Dog Souls
- 5 Lilith (was missing the Magus & Warrior, now I have all the Pack of 5 : the 2 Gunner + 1 Magus Dupes go to the next Sacrifice)
- dozens of rare souls (only 4* but some worth to complete the collection)
- hundreds of frags souls (enough to fill a Vortex)

So Yes, my Mobile Battery is drained, but I'm Happy
Txx NF

Blade
08-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Wow, man! Your battery must be burning now... as your Ironite might be depleted ;)

But it was worth it! Good pulls and nice preparation for upcoming sacrifice events etc.

Deathbat6120
08-13-2018, 04:13 PM
...- 21 Death Dog Souls
- 5 Lilith...

That's insane! I only got 6 dogs at most (4 on the other account) and 1 Lilith. I can't even imagine how much ironite you spent! As Blade said though, it'll be great for the next sacrifice event.

kgk56
08-14-2018, 08:14 AM
I checked : with all, I can do a Beyond Ultimate Sacrifice, a Vortex and probably an another big Sac.

But Yes, My Battery was burning ... totally worth it :)