PDA

View Full Version : Who to evolve? Speed Of Light Eddie vs Wickerman Eddie

Vertax616
08-24-2016, 06:56 PM
Hi all, so I can evolve only one magus character to 4* at the moment. Which one should I evolve, any thoughts on these eddies?

MuadDib-7367
08-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Magus Allied Solider would be your best character to evolve to 4* if you can pull him from the book of souls. Speed of Light Eddie is weak and I never evolved my Wickerman Eddie. I used original Eddie until I earned Solider Eddie. You will receive Solider Eddie after finishing battlefield and that is likely the Eddie you will use until you pull the truly marquee ones (Pharaoh, Vampire Hunter, Carriage Rider).

Vertax616
08-24-2016, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the reply but I already maxed my 4* magus allied soldier and my 4* Soldier Eddie. I was wondering if these help me if I evolve them to 4*. Maybe in dungeons? Because I read that they work really well in certain dungeons.

goochklok
09-15-2016, 07:49 PM
I've used 4 and 5 * Wickerman Eddies and they always do massive damage. Beware, he's very squishy in later levels. Then again so is Speed of Light. Personally Speed of Light is a little more tricky to use as far as what talismans and what team you've got.

Vertax616
09-15-2016, 10:18 PM
My main team is Soldier Eddie 5*, The Nomad and Allied Magus Soldier 4*. I also have Magus Golden Son and Hellhound. I was thinking Speed Of Light because of his fury stealing against Gunner Lord Of Light but since I already upgraded my Soldier Eddie, I won't do that dungeon as much. So is it kinda pointless at this point?

aur0ra85
09-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Hellhound, nomad, and soldier Eddie is OP combo. The hellhound is sick. I have one, easily one of my fav characters.

The Educated fool
09-17-2016, 10:27 PM
Speed of Light is extremely underrated, imo. It's true, he needs the right talismans, but in the right party, he's a monster.

Reeb99
09-17-2016, 11:40 PM
Speed of Light Eddie goes well with allies that debuff and especially the debuff that prevents all buffs. His fury skill extends all debuffs three turns. Comes in handy vs bosses that steal buffs or buff themselves with really strong buffs. I use him instead of soldier Eddie in some spots just because of that.

Nekroliun
09-18-2016, 05:46 AM
Just check out the educated fool's maxed out speed of light... I doubted that eddie till i saw his SoL, hits like a truck but i agree, pretty squishy indeed

Fudjo
09-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Just check out the educated fool's maxed out speed of light... I doubted that eddie till i saw his SoL, hits like a truck but i agree, pretty squishy indeed

Got a link to that build? I'd like to try it out!

Schadenfreud-0217
09-19-2016, 11:02 AM
Got a link to that build? I'd like to try it out!

You can find him in-game, just search for EducatedFool-1193...
Anyway his build is 2 sets of magic talismans (+15% magic of max magic), 1 more magic talisman (doesn't matter arcane or power) and 1 green mystical.

I'm also maining SoL Eddie, my build is a bit tankier with 2 mystical talismans and -1 magic. But that's not the optimal build at 5* imo.

You could try something I've been thinking of, which should yield an optimal build for SoL Eddie (I'm not using it cause I can't afford to invest that much into new talismans):
Since you'll mostly be using Pilfer(future) since it does AoE and steals and generates a lot of Fury, but sadly doesn't apply effects such as Freeze or Shock, you'll want to use flat magic talismans and basically get as much magic stat as you can and not be that squishy.
(This one doesn't waste set bonuses)
4xHoly Talisman - 3 Power and 1 Arcane (or 4 Power) (you could also use Paladin Talismans, the difference is about 16 magic stat in favour of the Holy Talisman)
2xAscension Talisman - both Ward
That gives you a total bonus of 2306,57 magic stat and a good amount of tankiness.

Esquatcho
10-10-2016, 04:52 AM
Im very interested to see that SoL Eddie! Just started upgrading mine since I got the Assassin Golden Son... Immortality + SoLs restore = automatic tankiness

Spambot9274
10-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Im very interested to see that SoL Eddie! Just started upgrading mine since I got the Assassin Golden Son... Immortality + SoLs restore = automatic tankiness

Used to use that against certain bosses, till i reached wrath... he savagely striked me...

Esquatcho
10-11-2016, 05:49 AM
Used to use that against certain bosses, till i reached wrath... he savagely striked me...

Yeah, Ive become very careful with it :)

But for farming X on most of the dungeons with a 4* team with 3* talismans, it works pretty good... Can't auto though :(