PDA

View Full Version : Soldier or Carriage Rider for 5* Upgrade?

MadMax
08-24-2016, 10:31 PM
Soon I'll be able to do my first 5* upgrade and I'm torn between Carriage Rider Eddie and Soldier Eddie. Both are level 80 but for the moment Carriage Rider's talismans are better.

Currently my roster includes:

5 Stars:
Samurai Eddie lvl 100, almost maxed
Warrior COTD lvl 96
Pharoah Dog King lvl 56 with lame talismans because he's new

4 Stars, all lvl 80 or close enough to shard up:
Carriage Rider Eddie
Soldier Eddie
Speed of Light Eddie
Wicker Man Eddie
Mummy Eddie
Allied Soldier (Magus)
Allied Bomber Boy (Sentinel)
Axis Bomber Boy (Warrior)
Hellhound (Warrior)
Artillery Dog (Assassin)
Pyro Soldiers and Angels that aren't leveled

I'm still figuring out the game mechanics so I'm feeling like Carriage Rider or Soldier Eddie are the obvious choices but I really like both and who knows how long it will take to get 9 more rainbow shards (have the colored shards).

Opinions?

aur0ra85
08-24-2016, 11:21 PM
PDK goes great with carriage rider, and soldier Eddie and samurai Eddie go well with the child. So whatever one u think is cooler prob lol.
Edit: the hellhound is fantastic FYI.

Flann
08-24-2016, 11:39 PM
Personally, I would (never mind I did) cap Soldier Eddie first. But that's my personal preference.

Gonzo
08-24-2016, 11:50 PM
I'm guessing by what you say in the post that you did not finish the game yet.

Before spending gold on an Eddie rank up that will most likely sit on your bench for most of the time, I would level up those talismans.

After that, it's not an easy choice. Soldier Eddie will help you with everything, he will be really good against minions, bosses or incredibly OP waves.

Carriage Rider Eddie will be really good against end game Bosses, mainly because all of them (?) are Warriors, he has good healing.

A lot of people say the Pharaoh Dog King is amazing, for me he is useless. His auto heal does not "negate" damage received unles you have super tanky characters. The thing is that if you have super tanky characters you won't need to heal every turn. He has a cool cleanse effect, but he's damage is terrible.

All this being said, I wouldn't go with the Eddie rank up. I would level up the Hellhound and run a full warrior team, in the current game state, it's not bad. You don't need one of each class.

This team would have reallt high damage potential and will also benefit from the Hellhounds Life Steal. You'll basically bully everyone.

Just my two cents.

MadMax
08-24-2016, 11:55 PM
Thanks guys. I do have the game cleared and access to all secret locations, I've just had horrible luck with 3* rainbow shards and runes so I've been frozen in place. The new dungeons are helping but it's going to take a bit. Also I've only been playing about 4 weeks so RNG hasn't swung my way yet except for my crazy lucky Samurai Eddie pull on my second rare soul ever.

aur0ra85
08-25-2016, 12:43 AM
I'm with gonzo, I'd run the red team, it's just good sporting. Soldier eddies buff works great for samurai too if you switch mid battle.
About the PDK, he's an excellent character to run with CR Eddie, great combo, blue characters like the buffs for big damage.

MadMax
08-25-2016, 01:49 AM
Got my last shard and upgraded the hellhound. I decided not to invest in CR unless I can pick up a Corrupt General to round out a magus team and Soldier can wait for the next upgrade.

aur0ra85
08-25-2016, 02:37 AM
Good choice, you won't be sorry.

Gonzo
08-25-2016, 02:41 AM
You won't be dissapointed ;)

I'm a huge fan of true damage, but warriors are sooooooooooo good. They bring a lot of things to the table and when they have nice talismans they are pretty much unkillable.

I'd love to see the Warrior counterpart for the Alliance General/Corrupt General some day.

aur0ra85
08-25-2016, 02:48 AM
You won't be dissapointed ;)

I'm a huge fan of true damage, but warriors are sooooooooooo good. They bring a lot of things to the table and when they have nice talismans they are pretty much unkillable.

I'd love to see the Warrior counterpart for the Alliance General/Corrupt General some day.

I'm waiting for a red guy that removes negative buffs and removes positive buffs from the enemy and I'll prob head back to my all red team. For now the project is shelved it seems for the blue team which is easier to round out. Just need something to remove that invincibility and the debuffs for the red team and it has to do physical AOEdamage.