PDA

View Full Version : Live battles

DanielRacy
08-17-2018, 01:45 AM
Do you guys know if devs ever considered the idea of some kind of live battle, I control my chars you control yours in a live match, no AI involved. It would be cool.

Sick
08-17-2018, 02:37 PM
Do you guys know if devs ever considered the idea of some kind of live battle, I control my chars you control yours in a live match, no AI involved. It would be cool.

Come on, now you reach for the stars.

Stormseye
08-17-2018, 03:22 PM
Next they will ask for new content...

Yup
08-17-2018, 03:56 PM
.. so you think that PvP which is not live run smooth enough to implement a direct server to server connection for 2 users? Then compounded by all players possibly "matching up'?

Actually, I can't think of any game that has "live matches".. the best there is are turn-based matches.. you make your move.. wait for the other person to move... repeat... And in my experience waiting 3-4 days for someone to make their move is more annoying than enjoyable. Especially since you don't even know if they will EVER make a move.

R1ck
08-17-2018, 05:04 PM
It has been long time I don't play first person shooters on Android, but there are several with multiplayer option, like Shadowgun legends. So it is doable.
Still don't have time to play what I like the most, cars and shooters games.

DanielRacy
08-17-2018, 06:31 PM
Yeah, it is doable come on. There is even PUBG for cell phones. It's just a matter of do they want to do it? Do they have the resources to do it? The knowledge? But of course it is doable. I think iž would be awesome to play against real people and not that stupid AI.

Sick
08-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Man, didn’t laugh this much for a while. It is doable - Surely it is, but surely it is not with the Frogs.

DanielRacy
08-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Man, didn’t laugh this much for a while. It is doable - Surely it is, but surely it is not with the Frogs.

Ahahaah really? They are that hopeless?

Knut-3112
08-28-2018, 11:09 AM
This game is turn-based, it doesn't require such a superlow delay and constant syncing like FPS games. It would be enough to just sync with the server after a move has been done and then present the result to the other player. Definitely doable, but I wouldn't expect such a thing in the near future in this game (if ever). Would it be cool? Sure as hell it would! A true PvP in LotB... that'd be something.

Knut-3112
08-28-2018, 11:12 AM
Oh, and it would also be cool if we could program the AI behavior ourselves, but that's a story for another day...

scott-5496
08-28-2018, 11:27 AM
Totally possible to do for sure. I play War Robots most days for a short while and it is in multi player (two teams of six) all live - they have clans and all that sort of stuff - works great on that.

I wonder too if they will ever think about putting the game on Facebook gameroom or is that all a bit of a ball ache to do if the game is not set up for that sort of live play? Not sure how many folk use Facebook Gameroom but it works well on War Robots and it looks great on my PC.

DanielRacy
08-28-2018, 06:14 PM
Oh, and it would also be cool if we could program the AI behavior ourselves, but that's a story for another day...

You mean, set wich attack type each one of your defense toons would do and stuff like that? That would be awesome.

Knut-3112
08-28-2018, 06:23 PM
You mean, set wich attack type each one of your defense toons would do and stuff like that? That would be awesome.

Yes, exactly that!