PDA

View Full Version : How on earth do you beat someone with eternal AND primordials?

Daviangers
08-17-2018, 11:18 PM
Im far enough in I can find a work around for either pretty easy but both combined? I really dont have many characters that remove golden buffs am i just totally screwed till I do? The power creep in this game is getting unbearable. once they release 6 star characters im out lol

Yup
08-18-2018, 12:12 AM
Well, what you need are buff blockers as well as buff removers. i.e. The Sentinel Undead Rescuer (3 star) will block buffs, that does include all positive buffs. You can also look for toons that cast Perfect Corruption, top of my head Navigator Eddie does that, Iron Ed, .. there are more....

This won't prevent teams from starting with buffs, but this will help prevent them stacking up.

Where things get real difficult is Primordials + Eternals + Destiny... yowch. Kind of crosss the line between "fun to play" and "screwed by the power creep".

Stormseye
08-18-2018, 01:30 AM
It can be near impossible if you are just starting and don’t have the chracters to compete against the current builds. The list of teams I am able to beat grows shorter by the update. Blocking buffs and being able to survive for a round or two is the key to winning right now. Characters that instill debuffs and block buffs are what you need to utilize.

Sentinel Lillith - removes immunity and can inflict Perfect Corruption

Assassin Death Dog - removes buffs from up to 2 enemies every turn

Speed of Light Eddie - can steal and block beneficial effects on enemies

Assassin Corrupt Rescuer - Seal a random enemy every round.

Prisoner - can Seal enemies

Val, Valkarie Guardian - can block benficial effects

There are many more that can help but the hard part is staying alive long enough to inflict the debuffs. I honestly have no clue how anyone who started playing this year can comptete in PVP above 250. The amount of OP characters, talismans and relics is just overwhelming.

Daviangers
08-18-2018, 03:10 AM
Yeah but the perfect immunity is the real problem. Doesnt that defeat most of what you suggested

Stormseye
08-18-2018, 03:15 AM
Death Dog, Magus Chopper, Sentinel Lillitb, Assassin Lillith can all remove Perfect Immunity

So can PoM and DDE with Fury

Yup
08-18-2018, 03:16 AM
It can, but it doesn't last forever. It'll drop off in 1 or 2 turns. As Stormseye points out, much if it is being able to survive long enough to block the buffs.

Set is proving to be great at removing/transforming gold buffs.
Doomsday/Pom also does a good job with clearing buffs on the opposing team with his fury.

Daviangers
08-18-2018, 03:18 AM
Good point I guess. Your tag is ironic though...I dont have him either haha

rags-6094
08-18-2018, 05:22 AM
Put Valor talismans in a warrior and that will help too, I know their not around right now but they have been promised some time in the not too distant future.
If they don't help the newer based players the LOTB future may be doomed, its very hard to compete as Stormseye has said, just hang in there dude!

Olevipoeg
08-18-2018, 07:13 AM
Yeah but the perfect immunity is the real problem. Doesnt that defeat most of what you suggested
Beast Eddie Ninth Circle Transforms all Immunity and Invincibility effects (including Golden Effects) on a single target into Permadeath for 3 turns. I really love this spell!
Corrupt General Fury turns all Beneficial Effects to true damage. Wonderful when opponent have only Clairvoyant left with Perfect Immunity and Invincibilty and full fury.

Olevipoeg
08-18-2018, 07:30 AM
Well, what you need are buff blockers as well as buff removers. i.e. The Sentinel Undead Rescuer (3 star) will block buffs, that does include all positive buffs. You can also look for toons that cast Perfect Corruption, top of my head Navigator Eddie does that, Iron Ed, .. there are more....

This won't prevent teams from starting with buffs, but this will help prevent them stacking up.

Where things get real difficult is Primordials + Eternals + Destiny... yowch. Kind of crosss the line between "fun to play" and "screwed by the power creep".
I think i will buy Horus. :)

Cefiar
08-18-2018, 12:34 PM
You want fun, try against someone who has 1x Primordials, 1x Eternals and 2x Destiny on 2x Magus Lilliths.

Olevipoeg
08-18-2018, 02:04 PM
You want fun, try against someone who has 1x Primordials, 1x Eternals and 2x Destiny on 2x Magus Lilliths.
Beast Eddie's breakfast. :)

Zantarath
08-24-2018, 05:07 PM
use the blue angel of pain or the assassin Hellhound and ur good to go against primordials. combine them together and ur good aginst most buff handing team.

and for surival SSE, POM, Magnus Lilith with destiny set, or warrior rescruer is pertty much the plan