PDA

View Full Version : Future Sight (Arena) - Win Battles in the Arena for a Debut 6-set Talisman!

Leviathan
09-02-2018, 12:06 AM
Earn a debut 6-set talisman and more by achieving milestones in the Arena!

From now until September 8th, 5 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of wins in the Arena before the event is over:

Win 10 Arena battles: Iron Coins x150 + Rare Soul x1 + Piece of Mind Eddie Fragments x10 + Oracle Talisman x1
Win 25 Arena battles (previously 30): Iron Coins x150 + Skill Shard x1 + Piece of Mind Eddie Fragments x10 + Oracle Talisman x1
Win 50 Arena battles (previously 75): Iron Coins x300 + Legendary Soul x1 + Piece of Mind Eddie Fragments x20 + Oracle Talisman x1
Win 100 Arena battles (previously 150): Iron Coins x400 + Skill Shard x3 + Piece of Mind Eddie Fragments x10 + Oracle Talisman x1
Win 200 Arena battles (previously 300): Iron Coins x500 + Rare Soul x5 + Piece of Mind Eddie Fragments x50 + Oracle Talisman x2 [FULL SET!]

In addition, there are stretch goal reward tiers for every 100 wins beyond 300 (to a max of 1000 wins), that gets you Legendary Soul x2 + Skill Shard x1 + Oracle Talisman x2 for each stretch goal achieved!

You’ll notice one of the main rewards for this event is Oracle Talismans. This is the fifth 6-set talisman we’ve added to the game, and the first blue 6-set talisman! Collect this powerful set to gain an edge in the Arena (and elsewhere!) before they become available elsewhere in the future:

Oracle Talismans are blue talismans with a 6 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to double your MAX HP of all allies for the first 3 turns of battle, and to transfer a negative effect (including Silver Effects) to an enemy every turn and to heal all allies every turn!

Finally, we have a series of tie-in promotional store items in the shop. If you find yourself short the wins to get to a tier that will finish the talisman set, you can buy two of the featured talisman for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Oracle Talismans), and if you’d like to get a full set of the talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an IAP.

Cefiar
09-02-2018, 12:29 AM
I noticed in the store you can get 1 Oracle talisman for 500 Ironite, but it's a "One Time Only". Given it's a 6 set and the rewards give you 1(1), 1(2), 1(3), 1(4) then 2(6) (and multiples of 2 thereafter), should the item in the store be 2x talismans? There's absolutely no reason at all to buy just 1 of them.

FWIW: Perhaps in future for 6 sets, reward them as 1(1), 1(2), 1(3), 2(5), 1(6) and offer a 1x in the store?

Yup
09-02-2018, 12:33 AM
Great. So now Asset will kill her entire ally team if she heals or uses her fury and one of the allies has this talisman set assigned.

Way to fix issues devs!!!! It's not like that bug hasn't continuously been pointed out. So you release a talisman set that will specifically result in the bug.

Kaz_LOTB
09-02-2018, 12:45 AM
I noticed in the store you can get 1 Oracle talisman for 500 Ironite, but it's a "One Time Only". Given it's a 6 set and the rewards give you 1(1), 1(2), 1(3), 1(4) then 2(6) (and multiples of 2 thereafter), should the item in the store be 2x talismans? There's absolutely no reason at all to buy just 1 of them.

FWIW: Perhaps in future for 6 sets, reward them as 1(1), 1(2), 1(3), 2(5), 1(6) and offer a 1x in the store?

The 500 Ironite pack in the store should grant you 2x of these Talismans. I'll have the original post updated to clarify. The in game text should also now be updated to reflect this (Will require restarting the app to see the text change appear).

-Kaz

Cefiar
09-02-2018, 12:48 AM
Kaz_LOTB: The game itself doesn't say 2x in the store, so that should get updated too.

Kaz_LOTB
09-02-2018, 12:49 AM
Way to fix issues devs!.

This issue is being worked on currently and should be fixed in the October update.

-Kaz

Kaz_LOTB
09-02-2018, 12:53 AM
Kaz_LOTB: The game itself doesn't say 2x in the store, so that should get updated too.

Yep, we just got that fixed. You can restart the app to see the change. Thanks for pointing it out.

-Kaz

Yup
09-02-2018, 12:59 AM
So. let this talisman work with busted characters for a month?? Wouldn't it have been better to delay the release of these talismans until after the issue is fixed???

kkkreg5
09-02-2018, 01:15 AM
Weak defense set. Let's see who else does the same...

Kaz_LOTB
09-02-2018, 01:19 AM
So. let this talisman work with busted characters for a month?? Wouldn't it have been better to delay the release of these talismans until after the issue is fixed???

Unfortunately, this event was setup well before we became aware of the bug and don't really have the bandwidth to change it around. It's also one specific issue that doesn't affect the talisman in general. In most cases, the talisman set will work as advertised for most people. We hope to have the fix for the Aset issue resolved as soon as we can, which, based on the current production schedule and resources means it will be around the beginning of October, unless we find we can ship it sooner without risk.

-Kaz

Porron87
09-02-2018, 01:38 AM
Weak defense here aswell.

And during a pvp the basic attack of my sentinel lilith got bugged and the button didn't appear.

Had to stop the app and start over.

Amarthir
09-02-2018, 02:18 AM
I like the sound of these badbois. They make Primordial talismans sound a little less OP.

Yup
09-02-2018, 04:37 AM
Imagine the CEO of GM was reported as stating....

"Unfortunately we were made aware of gas tanks exploding on certain models after they were in production. Production was already scheduled. We are hoping to correct the issue next moth and hope not too many people die before we can implement a fix. Until that time, please feel free to purchase the exploding models!"

I'm sorry, Kaz. But this entire statement says MOUNTAINS about your commitment to quality, or apparent lack thereof. No one I've EVER met in a creation/production field has felt it viable to allow a known issue to be exploited by producing new items which are directly affected by that known issue. Its lackluster and so are the excuses. (The Experion database known issue also comes to mind).

I pointed out this issue MORE THAN THREE MONTHS AGO when Asset was released... so you are saying this particular talisman set was schedule to be released THREE MONTHS after the issue was known.. but well.."there wasn't enough time.". Sorry.. you're merely trying to spin things to CYA and that's clear.

Kaz_LOTB
09-02-2018, 04:51 AM
so you are saying this particular talisman set was schedule to be released THREE MONTHS after the issue was known...

Our live ops is often much further ahead of our production schedule, so yes. In any case, even if you mentioned the issue around that time, it's not a straight line to it being reproduced, verified, and fixed internally. There are a number of other issues that also might take priority for a given release, which are much more important to sort out (i.e. Server Issues, a sudden rise in AMPA3, etc.)

The specific issue with Aset was in the works to be fixed for the next update, but unfrotuantely after investigating further, we found that the issue was more of a fundamental system change to how health works in the combat system and so will take longer to resolve and test due to the high risk of the fix required.

I know it's not ideal, but there are still a large number of outstanding bugs with combat and characters that need to be fixed, including this one. And practically, we just don't have the option to stop all production and cancel all events until they are all fixed. We only have the bandwidth to focus on fixing those issues from the highest priority down as soon as possible.

-Kaz

Amarthir
09-02-2018, 06:11 AM
Our live ops is often much further ahead of our production schedule, so yes. In any case, even if you mentioned the issue around that time, it's not a straight line to it being reproduced, verified, and fixed internally. There are a number of other issues that also might take priority for a given release, which are much more important to sort out (i.e. Server Issues, a sudden rise in AMPA3, etc.)

The specific issue with Aset was in the works to be fixed for the next update, but unfrotuantely after investigating further, we found that the issue was more of a fundamental system change to how health works in the combat system and so will take longer to resolve and test due to the high risk of the fix required.

I know it's not ideal, but there are still a large number of outstanding bugs with combat and characters that need to be fixed, including this one. And practically, we just don't have the option to stop all production and cancel all events until they are all fixed. We only have the bandwidth to focus on fixing those issues from the highest priority down as soon as possible.

-Kaz

Sounds reasonable. I'm no programmer but I've always imagined code as if it were a big ol spider web with all these little intricate parts and if one part snaps there goes like a whole column.

As always I still appreciate the work that the developers put into the game and HOLY CRAP GUYS I FINALLY GOT ALEXANDER EDDIE FROM THIS EVENT YAAY!!

Yup
09-02-2018, 09:07 AM
I realize production vs $$$ making is an issue, Kaz. I know you all don't do this out of some altruistic nature. It's about cashflow and events = money for you. I completely understand that.

I won't argue against "there are still al lot of issues" -- we all know there are. You all are typically on top of issues that are, well, basically character-killers. You were when PoM Ed was released and he was draining HP. The fact that this issue is being compounded over and over and over by new items is frustrating. The more prolific the 2xHP gets the more the issue is infuriating. It was there when Asset was released, affected by Valor talismans, Alex Ed, PoM Ed, W Soldier abilities at a minimum. Since then, Breeg now grants everyone 2xHP.. and now a new talisman set to further expand the issue.

Ideally there would be a "clean up" team that is going through and correcting the "rush to market" stuff being put out to keep revenue steady. But yeah.. I'm not there.. I don't really know your structure.. and timelines. But you must admit, it's "fly by the seat of your pants" development that will assuredly always result in the need for more and more time to correct issues that were either overlooked or dismissed. If you do a job well the first time.. you don't have to go back and fix it. Perhaps I merely have trouble comprehending a mindset of reworking and reworking and reworking and reworking to correct rushed work. That takes far, far, more time than merely doing a better job from the start. --- "Good Enough Isn't" should be plastered on the walls of NF.

But yeah.. in the end.. it's just a "game" and a "cash register" for NF.. so I guess as long as people are spending you can get away with excuses and poorly planned development.

thealchemist
09-02-2018, 10:00 AM
I sure hope the talisman pack in the store is for 2x talismans and not the one. Surely if it is for 2 it should have clearly said so from the beginning. Its why I missed out on completing a set of valor when they were part of an event. "One time only" suggests its once off and you get only 1. Its not that hard is it? :rolleyes:

Cefiar
09-02-2018, 12:40 PM
thealchemist: According to what it says in the store now (and in the first post), it is.

Ancient Mariner
09-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Question for NF team:
Why don't you also make resources from the event like frags/talismans/whatever purchasable with gold?

I remember this happened for an event not long ago, when we could even buy lilith frags with gold and several packs of skills shard and such.. that was awesome!

This should be implemented for every event to give us another option when we run out of ironite, maybe for high gold amounts, but still...

After all what is gold for, if not to buy things?

Ip4
09-02-2018, 03:58 PM
this event is so much boring,after 100 wins i lost interest in game,must find other game to play...

Killljoy-8322
09-03-2018, 01:34 PM
This suck big time - So the Dev's introduce Gauntlet and it get's promoted like man so everyone gives it a go but it's sooooo fecking expensive on SoW that players run out of SoW and then the next EVENT is Arena WHEN MOST PLAYER HAVE ALREADY USED THERE SoW.. way to go Dev's great planning.

Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery comes to mind

Blade
09-03-2018, 02:25 PM
In the last 2 weeks I did a test. It is possible to be top100 in arena in both weeks and reach AAA in Gauntlet to receive one full set of the respective talisman set without buying additional SoW. I only lost one fight in the Gauntlet. Due to the sacrifice event some SoW came in addition, but only a few as the most sacrifices were Tier 6 where SoW aren't a reward. So this was surprising - positively. Moreoever, we will see some changes in the Gauntlet costs in the next update, but no details are available yet (I think).
But now, as the month starts with an Arena event, things are different of course...

Muzzleloader
09-03-2018, 03:15 PM
Blade, I found the same thing, without purchase SoW you can reach AAA and 100 in arena. I did earn some SoW from sacrifices, but just be careful in arena battles.
I am getting tired of arena, everyone needs the new op talisman just to stay competitive. The battles are definitely taking longer with all the buff generators.

Killljoy-8322
09-03-2018, 06:03 PM
So left it 4 hours to for SoW to regen expecting my 3* lvl 1 Storm Eddie to be beaten and no one yep NO ONE has attacked him.
Here I am giving free arena wins here and all I see are full teams in return.
I'm trying to help out fellow players get the achievements were's the help from the rest of the community ????

SDTull
09-03-2018, 06:26 PM
So left it 4 hours to for SoW to regen expecting my 3* lvl 1 Storm Eddie to be beaten and no one yep NO ONE has attacked him.
I'm trying to help out fellow players get the achievements were's the help from the rest of the community ????

I've had some good results with my single Eddie defense. I hit my revenge limit pretty quick.

Although I do think you're right. Been slim pickings in the attack list. Being much more careful about who I attack. Even then due to glitches and bugs I've lost a couple.

Porron87
09-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Many of us put a low def in order to help each other out. Thing is many people put their def back up after the 20 dailies.

In my opinion you should reset the available arena matches every 30 minutes and pick the easier ones.

Knut-3112
09-03-2018, 08:19 PM
I'll probably do 150 wins and buy the other 2 talis in the store. 300 just seems too much if you have a life. And I don't know if I'll participate in the gauntlet at all this time. Will see..

SDTull
09-03-2018, 08:32 PM
I did the 300 to get the Valors. And yes, it pretty much took up all my free time. I would expect it to be even harder now with defenses being so much more powerful now.

Killljoy-8322
09-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Although I do think you're right. Been slim pickings in the attack list. Being much more careful about who I attack. Even then due to glitches and bugs I've lost a couple.[/QUOTE]

Update - so I've been attacked 8 times now which you would think is great right? nope 6 of these 8 are running full def teams. They like the free wins but don't want to help others.Bunch of self serving wankers think I'll go kick there asses when I get some SoW.

SDTull
09-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Although I do think you're right. Been slim pickings in the attack list. Being much more careful about who I attack. Even then due to glitches and bugs I've lost a couple.

Update - so I've been attacked 8 times now which you would think is great right? nope 6 of these 8 are running full def teams. They like the free wins but don't want to help others.Bunch of self serving wankers think I'll go kick there asses when I get some SoW.[/QUOTE]

I've fought some teams that appeared full strength but actually had no talismans. Which probably won't help newbies much.

HuckFinn150
09-04-2018, 12:09 AM

I think the system buries the weak teams. I have only found about 6 in all. Other than that it's been full tilt teams. I got the talismans, but so far don't feel they were with the time. Maybe they'll get better as I level them up and find the right toon to wear them. So far I'm running them on the blue Valkyrie.

DanielRacy
09-04-2018, 12:46 AM
Just keep refreshing the list every 30 minutes to find low defense. I spent my 20 revenges yesterday all with low defenses.

Alvorada
09-04-2018, 02:24 AM
Some time ago Sparton (dev) give an explanation about the matchmaking:

"We've discussed this in the past, but matchmaking takes various factors into account, including the strength of your strongest team, your rank, and the ratio of your attacks to your defenses in that week.

The attack:defense ratio thing is the main thing that will get you attacks, but if other people are attacking way more than you around your rank, then they'll get matchmade as opponents in place of you, so you can still go a while without getting attacked. Events throw things out of whack because of the sheer volume of matches some people will do the moment reset occurs, and so people who've done even more matches around your rank are prioritized as opponents ahead of you. Even then, it only prioritizes getting you onto a list; if people aren't clearing their whole lists, they may get you as an opponent in their Attack tab, but are still not attacking you (lots of people discussing doing lots of their matches through Revenge right now, for example)."

desprezo
09-04-2018, 09:39 AM
I got to 150 wins yesterday, I think I'll push to 300 instead of buying the remaining 2 for ironite.
The 500 iron coins and 50 PoM fragments keeps calling me.

trooper206
09-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Sorry for the interruption,but since the heroic souls thread is closed,I will have to comment a few things in this one running. I made a lot of effort and spent valuable resources to gather 32 heroic souls and burn’em in the Beast and Prisoner soul chance.I had high hopes that I would get the beast with such many souls.Instead I got 2 bats and a Valkyrie.Not even one 5* character,after a year or more of not earning even one event character.Not a single.A player who is grinding like crazy,from the beginning of the game,only sees low level players and newbies earn Beasts,Gods,and the rarest charactes in sets of two or three while me and others like me are rng “cursed”. I will tell you something NF;I will never spend a dime for this game. I would support IM band,but never you.I was this close in spending some money,not in hopes of gaining some character (miracles not happen and this rng is a joke)but to support the idea and the most kind of people and staff who answer my support mails.Those players like us-who grind their as*es off and earn hard their characters and rewards,are needed so that top end players have competition and the satissfaction that they win on something close to them.On the other hand you have new entries who spend,without really knowing how this rng works until a lot later. I am sick of it.Just sick.This is my 2 cents of constructive critisism.This is my opinion and I don’t care if you take it into account or not.If any one asks me to “take it or leave it”,just don’t bother,I will play until I am fed up with the injustice of this rng and the bugs.In other news,I wish all troopers to have a nice time and rock on with our favorite band of all times...

RobG-9641
09-04-2018, 04:41 PM
“ I made a lot of effort and spent valuable resources to gather 32 heroic souls and burn’em in the Beast and Prisoner soul chance.I had high hopes that I would get the beast with such many souls.Instead I got 2 bats and a Valkyrie.Not even one 5* character.

- I sacrificed a similar amount of Heroic souls with similar results. Incredibly frustrating. Sacrificed the 3 star duplicates got a generic rare soul which resulted in Piece of Mind Eddie, on top of the one from fragments. But no Beast or Prisoner which I need, don’t have either one.. You’re not alone in your disappointment. Hopefully, come sacrifice, PoM Eddie will yield something good from the Vortex Pit...

Ip4
09-04-2018, 05:08 PM
6 leg souls give 6 x 4 stars

sacrificed 40 common souls and receive 2 rare souls,that 2 rare souls give me Clansman Eddie and Edward the great Eddie...just like i said many times stupid game with good graphics...

trooper206
09-04-2018, 08:55 PM
- I sacrificed a similar amount of Heroic souls with similar results. Incredibly frustrating. Sacrificed the 3 star duplicates got a generic rare soul which resulted in Piece of Mind Eddie, on top of the one from fragments. But no Beast or Prisoner which I need, don’t have either one.. You’re not alone in your disappointment. Hopefully, come sacrifice, PoM Eddie will yield something good from the Vortex Pit...

Well,I feel you,like for others in the same situation as well.I don’t like to whine,and I really appreciate the game and the concept of it.But yes,the frustration is quite big, experiencing all this. Anyway,lets hope that they will be able to devise a “fair” algorithm for the long term players who “burn” souls and all they get is the same 4 and 5 star toons most of the time.I mean with the amount of 4* bats and dogs I have earned,for two years now,I would certainly be eligible to set up a zoo or something...

Amarthir
09-04-2018, 10:11 PM
Very good Talismans, especially when the wearer has critical hit. Fantastic for Brave New World grinding.

Yup
09-05-2018, 01:42 AM
This suck big time - So the Dev's introduce Gauntlet and it get's promoted like man so everyone gives it a go but it's sooooo fecking expensive on SoW that players run out of SoW and then the next EVENT is Arena WHEN MOST PLAYER HAVE ALREADY USED THERE SoW.. way to go Dev's great planning.

Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery comes to mind

Well, like me, you could just ignore the Gauntlet.. it's only there to suck up your SOW and time -- and hopefully get you spend ironte on refills more.. and subsequently need to actually purchase ironite. There's a method to it all.. it's NOT a "game" it's a path to cash fro NF, always has been. That's what "freemium" means.

Cefiar
09-05-2018, 04:49 AM
Yup: I don't mind the Gauntlet, but I only really bother playing the lower levels at the moment. The first few are OK reward for the SoW you spend (mainly in IC), but once you get to B or higher, then the reward really isn't worth it IMO, especially if you lose a match. The reward goals for getting through a level are reasonable too, but only once off's.

Olevipoeg
09-05-2018, 06:24 AM
I don't want talismans so badly, but i want PoM Eddie soul fragments. So i will try to get 300 this (last) time.

Yup
09-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Even at 10IC per win, you get more IC v SOW via PvP than the Gantlet (any level)

blade685
09-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Even at 10IC per win, you get more IC v SOW via PvP than the Gantlet (any level)

it is why i don't play gauntlet :)

Porron87
09-05-2018, 06:09 PM
On my end, since I don't have many good talis I play gauntlet untill AAA grade to get the complete set. Also find usefull the skill shards on B grade, and the heroic fragments along the rest.

Though i think the cost should be much lower and the time for the reward shorter. Two weeks is too much for just a talis set.

scott-5496
09-05-2018, 06:18 PM
I do the same. Go to AAA and stop. Costs too high and one full set of tallies is all I want and what I get so I am really OK with it pretty much. No real push to go further other than Iron Coins for passing AAA of course.

DanielRacy
09-05-2018, 07:51 PM
I'm currently with 178 wins. I think I actually could make it to 300 according to my calculations.

Muzzleloader
09-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Daniel, usually the last 2 days there are less low defenses. It is better to earn more at the beginning of the week and then coast to the achievement. It does depend on your rank.

DanielRacy
09-05-2018, 09:42 PM
Daniel, usually the last 2 days there are less low defenses. It is better to earn more at the beginning of the week and then coast to the achievement. It does depend on your rank.

Yeah, I'll try to win as much as I can in the next 24 hours.

Cefiar
09-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Yup: You do if you win pretty much every arena battle you get into. :P

Basically I only bother with Gauntlet usually once I'm over rank 100 and most of the people I'm battling against have really powerful defenses that make me struggle. Sure, I can refresh every 30 mins (for no cost) but there have been times where I've refreshed 3-4 times and still had my attack tab full of people in the top 20 or so.

The more IC I get, the more I push it into relics, which seem to help a bit. Once I get almost all my relics fully powered up I suspect that the situation will change and I'll find that Gauntlet's lower levels will be less profitable for me.

Yup
09-05-2018, 10:30 PM
Yup: You do if you win pretty much every arena battle you get into. :P

Fair enough :) Yeah I've got a ton of relics and generally do well in PvP. Thus the Gauntlet, other than for obscure talismans perhaps, is useless to me.

Cefiar
09-05-2018, 10:39 PM
Yeah. I'm getting there and the IC rewards in the Arena events are definitely helping. Max'd out global HP, but most of the rest (like class specific HP, etc) are taking a while. ;)