PDA

View Full Version : Weak defense V2

Cefiar
09-02-2018, 01:05 AM
So once again, thanks are in order for those I see out there running a weak defense due to the Arena event.

Thanks go out to:

Day 1: Wickerman, GavDunn, Above, Alvorada, Danofdeath, Stands, Zack, Henrique07, PIP, Goku, Warlord, jp191012, amy, NilSpaar, Overlord, Yorick, Jerry, Tamas, Pa666lo, matsyganenko, Moonchild, Metalsquire, Douchebag, marcines65, xaoc, Thomas, JKarras, IronMik, Gasper, izi, mkultra, Artur, Parviz, RagnarCzarny, Dom665, Watson, Stormcrow379, jeff, chris (39)

Day 2: Watson, jeff, chris, Stormcrow379, Trooper1987, Nazareth, Andrea, Munster, Loufas, Mazingetter. Gaara, George, Munster, Steve, Heis, napsi, Thunder, Kanti, Henrique07, IronMik, ZorglubZ, Magick2401, Hooligan, Mario, oddmailor, dstolf, dave, sani4, Axel, Zack (30)

By the end of Day 2, I had 144 wins toward the event, and I wasn't quite able to play all day due to an extended day at work.

Day 3: Heis, dave, Zack, sani4, Mario, Magick2401, Munster, The13thSun, Doguillo666, pepe, Mazingetter, George, Leaa, simix, cail, hrsouza, napsi, Clodin, TheBlackFury, pat, Mro203, kkkreg5, Francesco, Henrique07, BigFire, ivano, Dante, SamuraiEddie, Pepp (29)

End of Day 3, 196 wins.

Day 4: MONKEYPIMP, Eldeanio3, dreams, Dante, Heis, Henrique07, Mario, BigFire, SeventhSon, Zack, Psychoas, Abbade, Denisop, LarsVegas, Vitorion, Haudrauf, Palinaama, Ambassador, Blade (finally the right one!), Goku, hrsouza (21)

End of Day 4, 239 wins.

Day 5: Abbade, Goku, Axel, Angel, dieguin, hrsouza, angel, Sad, Porron, Palinaama, Pa666lo, Fercho, hold, Trevor, Argentlam, eksel, Paul, raven, Ambassador, Corvus, Otherland, TheTrooper, Skorpion, Tamas, InocentExile, Alen666, ivano, uptheirons66, devil (29)

End of Day 5, 300 wins (exactly).

Day 6: angel, InocentExile, Alen666, Mario, Haudrauf, Watson, pepe, BioParco, Abbade, Nhunter, Chingachgook, F...OFF (masked to avoid being moderated, but that's their name!), Liu (13)

End of Day 6, 329 wins. Give the game issues not exactly unexpected but didn't manage to get 20 revenge attacks in over 24 hrs. :(

Day 7: Greyhame, InocentExile, angel, PIP, shelltlight, Ripher, oddmailor, sables, Liu, siskapiva, MikeLJ, fister (12)

End of Day 7, 400 wins. Decided to stop here (1.5 hrs before click over).

125 unique people encountered.

I will update this post (by editing it) as time goes on. Feel free to thank others in your own posts below if you like.

PS: I am posting day by day lists, and will repeat people on them so I can track who comes up on multiple days. I won't list someone more than once a day.

Blade
09-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Weak defense here as well. As always during these arena events. This is becoming even more important, as the reward structure was NOT changed, despite we have the costly Gauntlet running on the same currency... Very disappointing :(

thealchemist
09-02-2018, 10:17 AM
My defense hasn't changed since the last arena event :p

Those I've come across running weak or weakened defenses so far are:
Andrey, dave, fujigenEOS, napsi, mrfelino, paul, brickbattle, folgore, ironmaiden14, wickerman666, Regrubdorb, RagnarCzarny, Vitria. So thanks all these people :)

Wyphy
09-02-2018, 04:06 PM
I always have a weak defense as I don't care about ranking and only do the one per day arena.

Porron87
09-02-2018, 05:08 PM
I've also set up a weak defense since minute 1. Don't see why other people care that much about rankings anyway. Last event couldn't get more than 400.

Thanks for all those who contribute with others: satani, matsyganenko, pepe, Goku, Alvorada, Zack, suamae, ivano, luiska, Thunder, bryam, wil.

Next step it's a claim so that devs increase the 20 def limit per day.

WastingYears81
09-02-2018, 10:42 PM
I've also set up a weak defense since minute 1. Don't see why other people care that much about rankings anyway. Last event couldn't get more than 400.

Thanks for all those who contribute with others!

I've seen: satani, matsyganenko, pepe, Goku, Alvorada, Zack, suamae, ivano, luiska.

Next step it's a claim so that devs increase the 20 def limit per day.

Thanks to all with weak Defs for the event as well.

I would like to see an ability to buy more revenges per day (30 ironite for 10 so it gives the same cost - same number of battles and rewards)

shouldn't impact the NF bottom line, and might actually increase it a bit. More likely to chase 300/400 and spend to do it.

Knut-3112
09-02-2018, 11:43 PM
Running a weak defense as well. I usually do it even outside of events. Thanks to all who also have weak defenses!

thealchemist
09-03-2018, 01:09 AM
My defense hasn't changed since the last arena event :p

Those I've come across running weak or weakened defenses so far are:
Andrey, dave, fujigenEOS, napsi, mrfelino, paul, brickbattle, folgore, ironmaiden14, wickerman666, Regrubdorb, RagnarCzarny, Vitria. So thanks all these people :)

I am adding Yorick, Mario, dtrapper, Lars, hpv, Above, dberndt, RobG, Leaa, beastclau and JohnnyShock to the list.

Porron87
09-03-2018, 02:19 AM
Seems some people lower their defenses at the daily reset, and after their 20 daily defs are done they up their defenses back.

Lemmy
09-03-2018, 05:17 AM
Weak defense here as well. As always during these arena events.

Blade
09-03-2018, 08:01 AM
Seems some people lower their defenses at the daily reset, and after their 20 daily defs are done they up their defenses back.

Seriously? Feel free to post the names here, when you observe this behaviour again. I will then try to skip those teams. Thanks

DanielRacy
09-03-2018, 08:34 AM
I always lower my defense on arena events. I was gonna point some low defense players I've came across but they were already mentioned.

scott-5496
09-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Gonna try low defence this time too. I set mine last night. I have kept a strong Eddie as my two kids and several of their friends use my Eddie (as a trooper) to clear the quests they cant manage with thier rosters - so he is not super weak but fully sharded Doomsday! best I can do as I need to help out those guys too!

Not seeing loads but certainly a few - hopefully increases. I'll see how I go with it but need more people doing it to really help! The top 100 are not so keen (me included as I am usually in that area too.

Cheers

desprezo
09-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Also running a really low defense, as usual, but this time I think I'm seeing less people with low defense compared to previous events.
One thing I would love to see during arena events, a increase of SOW rewards for clearing the attack tab. :)

Blade
09-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Gonna try low defence this time too. I set mine last night. I have kept a strong Eddie as my two kids and several of their friends use my Eddie (as a trooper) to clear the quests they cant manage with thier rosters - so he is not super weak but fully sharded Doomsday! best I can do as I need to help out those guys too!

Not seeing loads but certainly a few - hopefully increases. I'll see how I go with it but need more people doing it to really help! The top 100 are not so keen (me included as I am usually in that area too.

Cheers

Nice move, Scott! We'll see what you think about the weak defense thing in the course of the week! I really like the helping out and to show that we can all achieve more during these hated events if we work together. Normally I can still finish in top 100, even with an easy defense (depending if I have time to play on saturday).
But I don't understand your argument about the Eddie. Your selected champ for usage for your troopers has nothing to do with your PvP team, or did I miss your point?

kryton
09-03-2018, 01:18 PM
I too would like to thank all the players who are running a low defense for this event.
My defense is super low so if you see me on your list feel free to attack.

Heavy1974
09-03-2018, 01:54 PM
weak Def here too, only Tailgunner Ed with no allies

kgk56
09-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Same as the other events, one list easy with low D, then the top Ten... Diabolos, R1ck, sick... I don't even want to try

Porron87
09-03-2018, 03:35 PM
Top 10, I'd say more likely top 50. Out of the 10 available fights to me, only two or three have low defenses.

Sometimes I can handle one or two of those strong defenses (with prisoner+primordial and such) but I usually don't so as to not spend SoW in vane.

And as for the rank. I'm currently #75 , and don't think that by the end of the week I'm going to be less than 100 to be honest.

Seriously? Feel free to post the names here, when you observe this behaviour again. I will then try to skip those teams. Thanks

Unless your in-game user is different from the one here, I'm currently seeing you with a pretty strong defense (cyborg eddie with primordials i presume, zekhmet, osiris, magus lilith).

Cefiar
09-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Blade: Seen the same as Porron87 Re: your defense.

I know I've accidentally done it when checking out the characters I usually have on defense through Manage Defense, and forgetting to switch to the tab that has my weak Eddie on it before leaving the Manage Defense screen.

It'd be really nice to see on the main Defense tab (ie: When they attacked you) what you had on defense at the time. At the moment it only shows you what the opponent attacked with.

MetalKing
09-03-2018, 10:58 PM
Add me to the list of people that set weak defenses during arena events. (As long as only wins count). I'll be doing this every event. I only reset on Saturday so that I can reach a certain desired weekly rank for the ironite and eternal fragments. I will do anything to help other players that I can.

Blade
09-03-2018, 11:32 PM
Unless your in-game user is different from the one here, I'm currently seeing you with a pretty strong defense (cyborg eddie with primordials i presume, zekhmet, osiris, magus lilith).

There are more "Blade"s in the game. I am -4052, currently #274 and I got a level 1 4* Tailgunner, a heart and 2 gold idols running :D

Porron87
09-03-2018, 11:55 PM
There are more "Blade"s in the game. I am -4052, currently #274 and I got a level 1 4* Tailgunner, a heart and 2 gold idols running :D

Oh, then it was the fake you with the OP team. Or maybe you're the fake... whatever , sorry for the misunderstanding. :p

Peppoah
09-04-2018, 02:16 AM
Single Eddie defense here, too. 4 star Storm Eddie without talis. I only attack single defenses with three toons, Eddie and two companions. When you see this, you’ll know that I have a single defense.

Wyphy
09-04-2018, 02:30 AM
Wow, it seems everyone I find in the 1300 range thinks they're contenders.
Went through 5 opponent lists today, only found 2 with a low defense; everyone else was 4 x 100.

Thinking I'm just going to quit the event with my 31 wins.

Porron87
09-04-2018, 02:46 AM
Don't get discouraged. I usually don't find more than 2 single-toon opponents ever 2 or 3 lists. All you need is time and patience. :cool:

Even if you don't get to 300 for the set, you can get to 75, win 4 talis and buy the other 2 with ironites.

kgk56
09-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Even if you don't get to 300 for the set, you can get to 75, win 4 talis and buy the other 2 with ironites.
You need 150 wins for 4 talismans.

kgk56
09-04-2018, 10:00 AM

I can confirm : I had a Battle this Morning ... First Time I win against You

desprezo
09-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Wow, it seems everyone I find in the 1300 range thinks they're contenders.
Went through 5 opponent lists today, only found 2 with a low defense; everyone else was 4 x 100.

Thinking I'm just going to quit the event with my 31 wins.

From my experience this week, in the 1100 and 300 range, if you have some relics and plan your team right, none of the teams in the attack tab are really that much trouble, in 151 battles until now I've lost 6.

Feajy2
09-04-2018, 10:16 AM
My nickname: freaky-4282. I also lowering my defense team, only Shaman Eddie. So you guys can fight with me for arena event :)

Nicko
09-04-2018, 05:36 PM
I’ve had a single Eddie without Talismans the last couple arena events

It’s awesome and I’m perplexed more people don’t do it

There’s kind of a fraternity - repeated revenges back and forth with the other single-Eddie guys - good for a quick and easy 20 wins a day. Over 7 days that’s 140 wins or almost half the way towards 300!

If you’re going top 100 I get why you’d have a tougher defense in.

Anything below that? You’re just making your life harder with a full-on defense in place...

HK-47
09-05-2018, 03:56 AM
A while back I had a full defence set up for infuriating the attacker as much as possible-

Corrupt General (With Paralysis and Freeze sets)
Allied Bomber boy (Paralysis and Freeze sets)
Gunner War Dog (With Echo set and something else)
Mystic Eddie (my best and favourite Eddie)

I figured that if other people would break my defence anyway, I'd annoy the hell out of them for doing it. Nowadays I'm not sure why I run a full defence, might reconsider it

Cefiar
09-05-2018, 04:16 AM
Nicko: Exactly Re: top 100. Even then, I finished last event <100 and that was with a single Eddie defense for all but the last 12 hours of the event. I've been able to finish 3 times in the top 100 with a single Eddie defense for the entire week too.

Helps of course that the weekly click over is 10am my time, so I can build up any overnight losses and get back to >100.

Note: I'm not just attacking weak defense people, but they almost always get all of my revenges every day, unless it's a few hours to click over and I still have some revenges up my sleeve.

desprezo
09-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Thanks to Douchebag, Kelek and Jason for the multiple battles today.

Olevipoeg
09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Nicko: Exactly Re: top 100. Even then, I finished last event <100 and that was with a single Eddie defense for all but the last 12 hours of the event. I've been able to finish 3 times in the top 100 with a single Eddie defense for the entire week too.

Helps of course that the weekly click over is 10am my time, so I can build up any overnight losses and get back to >100.

Note: I'm not just attacking weak defense people, but they almost always get all of my revenges every day, unless it's a few hours to click over and I still have some revenges up my sleeve.
I understood last weekend, that to get into PvP top I need to stay awake til 3:00AM Sunday morning. It means I should ruin all my weekend. It's not worth it.

Blade
09-05-2018, 03:00 PM
That's true and a real issue for us europeans. I normally try to be around rank 80 when I go to sleep and hope to be rank 99 at reset time... I really don't understand why they don't change the reset time once in a while to change the advantaged continent. Dynamic time (and also day) would be really cool.

Porron87
09-05-2018, 03:25 PM
As for me, in Argentina, the reset takes place on saturdays at 21 hs, so I usually manage to get a decent rank even though I had a standalone eddie for the entire event. And also try to leave some defensive fight just in case, which i normally do pretty quickly.

I got to +400 on the last event, but now with gauntlet I'll stay at 300 with the talisman set. Hope they change gauntlet's cost soon.

Blade
09-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Hope they change gauntlet's cost soon.

In 2 hours the update will start!

edsel
09-05-2018, 05:38 PM
In 2 hours the update will start!

Ok so this is the Night City one right on?

WastingYears81
09-05-2018, 06:00 PM
That's true and a real issue for us europeans. I normally try to be around rank 80 when I go to sleep and hope to be rank 99 at reset time... I really don't understand why they don't change the reset time once in a while to change the advantaged continent. Dynamic time (and also day) would be really cool.

Why not just have regional leader boards - would help to level the playing field.

GotN
09-06-2018, 11:42 PM
What the hell is going on with this sh...fu...ng PvP rankings? Dropped from 100 to 500+ (iOS), worked myself back to 200, did some cosmos battles to sent trooper badges, returned to PvP, being attacked 3 times (low defense ofc) and dropped again to rank 550??? This is really no fun anymore!! Also it seems like I’m only attacked by top 25 players or players without low defense after the update! Anybody else has the same issue or recognized the same?

Cefiar
09-07-2018, 08:34 AM
GotN: I've been attacking everyone but haven't seen you yet in-game. Seen a few weak defense people today. I only revenge those who have weak defense (tis the only real reward I can give them).

With all the issues with the game lately. IMO weak defense gets around many of the current bugs (eg: hanging with revive in PvP) that some people have been seeing. Maybe we'll pick up some more converts. ;)

Blade
09-07-2018, 09:03 AM
I only revenge those who have weak defense (tis the only real reward I can give them).

I do the same. It's a nice way to reward the Blood Brothers out there :)

Edit: but now I really think twice if I revenge at all, as I know that I will need to restart the app several times. This is because the game also goes into an infinite loading condition when I do something crazy like switching from the defense tab to the attack tab...

Cefiar
09-09-2018, 12:00 AM
So I reached 400 wins.

Battled 125 unique people with weak defenses over the week. Though not all my battles were against people with weak defenses, almost all of my revenges were.

Most seen people were: Zack, Mario, Henrique07, Watson, Munster, InocentExile, hrsouza, Heis, Goku, angel and Abbade.

I updated my first post with everyone I saw and how many wins I had at the end of each day.

Thanks everyone!

Olevipoeg
09-09-2018, 06:28 AM
I used to dislike PvP events. Now I really really hate it. This time I was so close 300 wins mark. I decided to do missing 25 wins on Saturday afternoon. No more easy wins. And for last 10 battles I lost 9 coin toss in a row. And I was constantly attacked by top players with maximum defense up. I managed to get 10 wins from 12 battles. Then I switched to maximum defense and went to sleep. It seems there is no point of keeping weak defense on Saturday evening.

Stranger
09-09-2018, 07:30 AM
It's a shame that so few people set a weak defence. It would be much easier to achieve the event goals. During the last day I met maybe five people with weak defence.

Thanks to all who did it!

Deathbat6120
09-09-2018, 07:50 AM
I set low defences on both accs as I always do for events. Really grateful to the few who I encountered who did the same as for once I was finally able to complete an Arena event. Just barely got over 200 due to low Ironite and SoW, but it was made much easier by those who set low defs, so thank you!

Cefiar
09-09-2018, 08:16 AM
Yeah it definitely dropped off on the last few days. I updated my first post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10666-Weak-defense-V2&p=81092&viewfull=1#post81092) with counts per day (in brackets at the end) and the total unique people numbers.

kryton
09-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Thanks again to all the troopers who ran a weak defense for this event,I wouldn't have had the wins I had without your help.
Would be nice if everyone realized how easy the event would be to accomplish with players running weak defenses.

TO ALL THE PLAYERS WHO WOULD NOT RUN A WEAK DEFENSE FOR THIS EVENT: :p :p :p KISS MY ARSE.

Killljoy-8322
09-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Disappointed with the lack of weak def from other players I set up my def with 3* storm Eddie for easy wins and 70-80% off players who attacked me had full teams on def, the worst ones had Osiris,Asset in there teams (Fuckers)
So they like the free win but don't want to help out other players shame we can't ban them.

scott-5496
09-10-2018, 09:52 AM
I had a weak defence for four days but gave up after the update - I could barely play in arena due to crashes and simply cannot be bothered rebooting device and losing matches due to everyone having revivers near the top - simply gave up and followed the herd and managed to get some wins since I changed on Saturday morning.

The arena is a joke at the moment - I cant be bothered with the constant crashes and the fear of facing a tem with a reviver and losing and wasting time, getting annoyed having to reboot.

I can just do the daily badge thingand that is ti for me.

Game is a lot of bollocks at the moment - the last update has made a mess of most stuff and as such I am just doing the minimum. Cant even be bothered do ing much of the event as it crashes on occassion too if I cannot wipe out safely on auto on level X.....not happned a lot but it should not happen at all.

kgk56
09-10-2018, 10:30 AM
As for Me, I left a very low D (sandworm, naked RttHE) and get My revenge back ... I had a rate of 10% on D (mostly because I use a strong team in the first Day)

SDTull
09-11-2018, 05:11 AM
As others have said, Thank You for the weak D. I always set my weakest Eddie during arena events now and only revenge against a weak team. Makes things so much easier. Also as pointed out, I noticed not as many weak teams this time. Not sure what's up with that.

Cefiar
09-11-2018, 10:59 PM
I saw a lot of weak teams early off, and they dropped off significantly when the game had all the issues (the Resurrection bug).

Not sure if that was just chance timing though, or if it was an actual effect with people thinking they could set a hard defense that would almost always cause a hang for the opponent (and therefore a loss) and push them up the ranks.

There was definitely some people used that strategy.

DanielRacy
09-11-2018, 11:13 PM
I kept my defense low until the last 30 minutes. Then I tried to up my rank a little bit.

tex-0775
09-25-2018, 08:20 AM
A little late to the party, i don't visit the forum much these days

tex-0775 (small 't') and plexi1987X-8072 are set with single ed's, probably permanent due to the state of the arena ;-)

tex with soldier ed and plexi with sol, those carried me through the first playthrough and are maxed with talis, but should be no problem \,,/ - - \,,/